Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Any body have plans for Memorial Day weekend
 alpinebryon
Msg: 1 (view)

Any body have plans for Memorial Day weekend
Posted: 5/18/2014 12:07:09 PM
Any Body have any plans for Memorial Day weekend ???
I am going on a float trip and camp out on the North Fork of the White River. Its 3.5 hours from St. Louis it a long drive but its a beautiful river with out the crowds you'll find on the Meremec River. The North Fork is a spring fed river with a lot of fun rapids (safe rapids). It is also a Blue Ribbon Trout river if your into Trout fishing. I have a power site so if any one wants to join up your quite welcome. E-Mail here and I'll tell you where I am staying
 alpinebryon
Msg: 5 (view)

Memorial Day Float Trip
Posted: 8/24/2013 8:05:55 AM
GiGi I am going down again Labor day weekend
 alpinebryon
Msg: 3 (view)

Memorial Day Float Trip
Posted: 4/23/2013 12:56:43 AM
Ok folks Memorial Day is coming up fast. So what is all your plan's any one still want to have a float trip and camp out.I still have plenty of room on my Camp ground site for at lest 4-5 tents. Remember the more the merrier .The Sunburst Ranch is a beautiful camp ground well run and kept clean. Plus the North Fork of the White river is a cool clear spring feed river. And If your into Trout Fishing The North Fork is one of the best according to Field & Stream. It is full of record Rainbow's and Brown Trout.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 2 (view)

Memorial Day Float Trip
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:55:25 AM
I really thought I would get a lot of replys on this trip
 alpinebryon

Memorial Day Float Trip
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:22:32 PM
If any one wants go go on a Float trip this Memorial Day Weekend you are all quite welcome to come along.I will be staying at the SunBurst Ranch And Canoe Down on the North Fork of the White River by Westplains Missouri I'll be staying at Site 5 and it's big enought o hold like 5 or 6 tents It's a long drive down there from St.louis 3hours.But it's a beautiful river clean clear and spring fead.There aren't the crouds like the rivers here by St.Louis and you'll not have to deal with the drunk bear bonging boaters( there will be some but nothing like the Meramec).So if you want send me a email here and I'll give you all the details.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 13 (view)

Float trips this year
Posted: 7/31/2012 2:12:42 PM
hey Terry I don't think no one is going to set up a float trip on the Meramec.Maybe people may think its to low for rafts it might be.Its very low at steelville I have never seen it that low before.I might be setting up a float trip in late September or early October I think a fall float might be interesting for us city slickers LOL.But if I do it will be down on the North Fork River since its a spring feed river its all ways floatable no matter how dry it gets.And if I do we will be staying at the Sunburst Ranch by Dorr its a nicer camp ground than the last 5 I hosted on the North Fork
 alpinebryon
Msg: 9 (view)

Float trips this year
Posted: 7/1/2012 3:44:29 AM
Well I hope that some one will host a float trip this summer beside's my self.But if we don't get more rain I don't think any one will be host a float trip this year on the Meremec.Becuase when I went down to the 11 point last weekend.The Meramec was so low at the Hy19 bridge at Steelville the lowest I have even seen it before.I don't even know if it's even floatable above Steelville.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 7 (view)

Float trips this year
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:42:36 PM
Maybe Rhondalyn with host Her annuall pig roast and float trip on the Meramec .Hey Terry why don't you host another one like you have before.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 4 (view)

Float trips this year
Posted: 6/22/2012 1:42:31 PM
Hey Thebeaus I'll be going on more later in July But the second week of September I will be hosting A POF Float trip But It will not be on the Meramec River It will be on the North Fork of the White River.It is a better river than the Meramec it don't have the crouds and all the loud drunk beer bonger boaters like the Meramec has.Plus the North Fork is all spring fead and it is a clean clear cool not the ugly green collor the Meramec is.Plus I would keep a eye out on the treads there are other people that host float trips too
 alpinebryon
Msg: 2 (view)

Float trips this year
Posted: 6/13/2012 12:41:28 PM
For all those interested.The North Fork,The Current and the 11 Point Rivers all 3 has plenty of water for flaot trips this year so far
 alpinebryon

Float trips this year
Posted: 6/13/2012 12:31:15 PM
Hey all I am going paddling this weekend on the North Fork river any one wants to join me cool.I'll be staying at Sunburst Ranch site 5.Its cool that no one can come.Since this isn,t a official POF event.But any one love paddling as much as I do its the time of the year to get out on one of our cool clean clear river we have here in Missouri.So if your interested give me a shout out at my profile here.I'll mail you the web address and phone #
 alpinebryon
Msg: 52 (view)

ANNUAL POF FLOAT TRIP MAY 21 THRU 23
Posted: 5/20/2010 3:21:23 AM
Well all it looks like the river gods are going to be nice to us this weekend.So far the river is stable and holding its own for now,Even with all the rain down there.This weekend the weather is going to be perfect.Friday night its going to be partly cloudy with the low of 55.you couldn't ask for better sleeping conditionds.Saturday its going to be sunny with the high of 85 and Saturday night its going to be clear with the low of 55 again.Every body thats coming must have good Karma this time ha ha ha ha.not like last year on Sunday with paddling in the rain all day.But I know why that was we had a couple of people that came with bad Karma ha ha ha ha.I am leaving today so I can check out the river on Friday to see how it really is.So I can warn every body if there is any thing they need to look out for.And to have a Paddle day for my self so I can play and not have to keep my eye's out for any one.I hope that everyone that is really coming has found them selfs a Paddle partner.If not hopefully we can work things out.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 5/19/2010 5:30:16 AM
YEA JIM I WAS WORRIED ABOUT ALL THE RAIN THEY WAS HAVING .DURING THE WEEK I HAD FRIENDS ON THE BUFFALO AND THEY HAD TO BE PULLED OFF THE RIVER BY THE PARK DEPARTMENT BECUASE OF THE FLASH FLOODS THEY WAS HAVING.AND WHEN I LOOKED AT THE USGA WEB SITE THE RIVER LOOKED LIKE IT WAS IN FLOOD STAGE.BUT SINCE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING IT.IT HAS BEEN GOING DOWN QUITE A BIT THE LAST FEW DAYS AS LONG AS IT DON'T GET ABOVE 1200 DOWN IN DECUMSE IT WILL BE COOL.PERSONALY I LIKE IT A LITTLE HIGH.BECUASE SOME OF THE RAPIDS ARE BETTER WHEN THE RIVER IS HIGH. HA HA HA HA.AND I DID TALK WITH TWIN BRIDGE'S YESTERDAY TOO AND THEY DID TELL ME THAT THE RIVER WAS JUST ABOUT PERFECT FOR PADDLING
SYOTR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 5/18/2010 8:02:22 PM
Really Jim thats cool.I love to here that .with the river reports I was looking at it looked like it was very high but onle 6in,thats nothing in fact it will be a great paddle at that level.
SYOTR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 5/18/2010 4:19:19 AM
WELL ITS GETTING CLOSE JUST THREE MORE DAYS.RIGHT NOW THE RIVER IS TOO HIGH FOR SOME PEOPLE TO FLOAT.BUT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING IT THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS.IF IT DON'T GET DOWN TO AT LEST 1200 CUBIC FEET PER SECOND.WE MAY HAVE TO CANCEL OUR FLOAT TRIP TO A LTER DATE.SO FAR IT HAS DROPPED QUITE A BIT SINCE SUNDAY.BUT THE WEATHER FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAY ARE CALLING FOR MORE THUNDER STORMS FOR THE AREA .SO I STILL HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT IT WILL NOT RISE TOO MUCH IF IT STAYS AT THIS LEVEL I AM GOING TO CANCEL IT.BECUASE I DO NOT WANT ANY ONE TO GET HURT SO KEEP YOUR EYE'S POSTED TO THIS EVENT THREAD.ON THURSDAY MORNING I WILL DESIDE IF ITS SAFE ENOUGHT FOR EVERYONE.SO FAR I HAVE TALKED WITH THE DUNCANS AND I WAS TOLD THAT NO ONE BUT MY SELF HAVE MADE ANY RESERVATIONS BUT SHE WASN'T IN THE OFFICE TO BE SURE.BUT IF YOU HAVE MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS COOL IF NOT IT'S STILL COOL.FOR ALL THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT MY VAN LOOKS LIKE IT'S A WHITE DODGE CARGO VAN
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 27 (view)

2 nd Annual~Fishie Float & Pig Roast~ 6/4--6/6~Steelville MO
Posted: 5/7/2010 5:24:36 PM
just Find a raft mate and jump in
 alpinebryon
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2010 6:48:59 AM
IS THERE ANY ONE LOOKING TO DO THIER OWN BOAT SHUDDLE'S.IF SO LET ME KNOW SO I CAN POST IT SO EVEYONE WOULD KNOW
 alpinebryon
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2010 7:04:31 PM
I Had a good time last year.And I would love to make it this year.but being laid off in April I am now cash straped with hosting the other float trip.But I will see if I can swing it again.who knows what will come my way. SYOTR
 alpinebryon

Pineville Canoe/Camping trip June11-13
Posted: 5/6/2010 7:00:42 PM
I would love to come.I love the upper sugar But for me its a long drive from St.louis 7 hours plus and not being able to use your own boat. .But I will see what I can do .SYOTR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 5/6/2010 6:56:40 PM
WELL TWO MORE WEEKS AND SO FAR THE RIVER IS LOOKING GOOD.WITH RAIN FORCASTED FOR MONDAY THRU THUSDAY OF NEXT WEEK THAT SHOULD BRING THE RIVER UP TO A VERY GOOD LEVEL.SO WE SHOULD BE SPLISH SPASHING THRU THE RAPIDS DOING THE OLD BOUNCY BOUCY'S LOL.SO FAR THERE ARE 18 SIGNED UP WITH 6 MORE THAT ARE COMING.I THINK THIS WILL BE ABOUT THE SAME AS IN THE PAST MORE SIGNED UP THAN COMING.SO I EXPECT TO HAVE AT LEST 14 COMING.IF YOU STILL NEED AND PADDLE PARTNER LET ME NOW.I ONLY KNOW OF 2 THAT WILL NEED ONE.AND I REALLY DON'T WANT TO PUT TWO BEGAINER PADDLERS IN ONE BOAT.SO GUYS GALS IF YOUR LOOKING START ASKING.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2010 7:01:05 PM
WELL ITS 20 MORE DAYS AND IF YOU ARE REALLY COMING YOU SHOULD BE MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS SOON.SPECAILY IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A CABIN.AND IF YOU NEED OR WANT A PADDLE PARTNER TELL ME NOW OR BE STUCK WITH SOME ONE YOU WOULD RATHER NOT PADDLE WITH LOL.SO FAR WITH ALL THE STORMS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THE OZARKS ALL THE RIVERS ARE ON THE RISE.THE nORTH fORT IS REALLY AMPING RIGHT NOW.IF I WAS TO HOLE IT NOW.I BELIEVE THAT THERE WOULD BE ONLY A COUPLE OF US THAT I WOULD LET PADDLE.LOLBUT PLEASE DON'T LET THAT TURN YOU OFF IT WILL BE NORMAL WHEN OUR TRIP IS READY LOL.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2010 1:58:14 AM
Yes GiGi I added you to the I need a paddle mate list
 alpinebryon
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 4/30/2010 1:57:30 AM
Thanks KC we will and you have fun on your camp out/pray to the camping gods for great weather.
Sorry mate didn't mean to creep you out LOL
 alpinebryon
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2010 9:41:32 AM
Well KC brent My float trip planed and was posted well over a month 1/2 before that camping trip was .But its cool you'll be surpised how many people I get from the KC area.Every year one week before the memorial day weekend I host a float trip and this one is number 7.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2010 7:20:35 AM
OK ALL I MADE A SIGN UP LIST FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR PADDLE PARTNERS.IF YOU WANT ONE OR NEED ONE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL ADD YOU ON THE LIST.ONCE YOU FOUND ONE I WILL TAKE YOUR NAME AND PADDLE PARNER OFF THE LIST.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 4/29/2010 4:21:13 AM
OK all the time is getting closer 'Its less than a month away.I know its early for a river report but I thought that I would give one out any way.Right now the North Fork river is lower than normail for this time of year.But I am not worried at all since we have a month to go LOL.At this level it is now its still quite floatable with no major scraping or draging. So lets all pray to the river gods for more rain for the next couple of weeks.This weekend there will be a soaking rain for the weekend.
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2010 7:36:28 PM
I am glad GiGi that Gina and billy are coming.I hope that you will start looking for a paddle partner if not you maybe paddling with Jims son again LOL.
SYOTR Bryon
 alpinebryon
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 4/26/2010 1:51:00 PM
HEY EVERYONE.I HAVE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT MIGHT BE COMING. AND WOULD LIKE TO COME BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE A PADDLE PARTNER.SO IF YOU ALL WANT TO COME AND DO NOT HAVE A PADDLE PARTNER.OR WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A PADDLE PARTNER.PLEASE STATE IT HERE ON THE SITE SO PEOPLE CAN START TO ASK AROUND.OR I CAN TELL WHO WOULD LIKE ON SO I CAN TELL OTHERS THAT YOU NEED ONE OR ARE LOOKING FOR ONE
SYOTR BRYON
 alpinebryon
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2010 12:11:37 PM
I did my hand surgery in the winter so I would be ready for this years paddle season And I am ready to paddle now LOL
SYOTR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2010 11:48:23 AM
ha Ha Ha ha COOL JIM
 alpinebryon
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2010 6:46:29 AM
YES THERE ARE ALL WAYS SOMEONE LOOKING FOR A PADDLE MATE AND IF YA HAVE TO RENT A KAYAK.YOU CAN ALL WAYS ASK SOME ONE TO LET YOU PUT YOUR THINGS IN THEIR CANOE'S.I BRING A SMALL PLAYMATE THAT FITS PERFECT DOWN BETWEEN MY LEGS IN MY KAYAK.I AM SO LOOKING FOWARD TO GET OUT OF STLOUIS FOR THE WEEKEND AND PADDLE ON A GOOD RIVER.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2010 8:51:50 AM
Thats Ok .I;ll see ya on Rhondalynns pig roast one
 alpinebryon

Posted: 4/24/2010 3:41:26 AM
gmduck last year most of the people were in raft it.There was a few who had canoes .I don't know how Rhonda is doing it .but I think iy would be up to you to find your own paddle partner.If Ya can't rent a Kayak and have someone tote your beer cooler in a raft.I am sure that you could get someone to carry it for you.last year I used my own Kayak and I got one of mt friends tote my cooler for me.And I may say that it was a great weeken.The pig was juicy and tasty a long with the woman LOL
SYOTR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2010 12:04:09 PM
Hey Finnlov you may bring any one you want too.And as many as you want.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2010 5:46:34 AM
yes you can kayak on this river.its not that hard.And I bet in a couple of weeks you can start to ask around if any one want a paddle partner in a canoe
 alpinebryon
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2010 3:02:24 PM
No mate its down by West Plains.its a 3 hour drive from the I270 and I44 interchange.but its a eazy drive only 14 miles on the Missouri hill billy highways LOL.its a much better river for paddlen.This river will require a little bit of paddlen skills.not much but a little
 alpinebryon

2 nd annual~Fishie Float & Pig Roast~ 6/4--6/6~Steelville MO
Posted: 4/22/2010 1:46:43 PM
All right Rhonda your hosting another fish float too cool.I have all ready been posting your trip as well so everyone can chose if they want to go on a beer bonger float trip or a real float trip LOL.I hope that I can make it again I did have fun
 alpinebryon
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 4/22/2010 12:34:46 PM
Well Girl I hope you can.This is a fun river lots of boucie boucie's and splashie's
 alpinebryon
Msg: 3 (view)

Its Spring Time And its time to think what to do
Posted: 4/3/2010 4:35:52 AM
Yea I know there are so many State and national parks all with in a hour or a hour and a halve drive from most large cities here in Missouri all with picnic area's with shelters and real bathrooms.play grounds the whole nine yards
 alpinebryon

Its Spring Time And its time to think what to do
Posted: 3/31/2010 10:46:43 AM
Howdy all.Well the shadows are getting longer the days are warming up.Its time to plan out our summer fun in the sun.As all ways I am hosting a spring time float trip.What are your plans going to be a mass picnic out in the park going camping.lets all start to talk about it
 alpinebryon
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 3/31/2010 10:30:36 AM
Hey Smoking TOO Bad ya have plans all ready it was great hanging out with ya.if any thing with your other plans change's you know where we will be.Yea we all know what its like running out of drinks on the river LOL.Well thats the river gods being good to you having other paddlers share what they have.Thats what paddlens all about Well tell your friends about this one maybe they would like to make it
 alpinebryon
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2010 4:38:44 PM
Yes That would be the eazyest way to go from Harrison.Unless you want to drive the hill billy back roads LOL.Just take it to US63 North to west Plains and take a left at highway 14(the turn off will be just as your leaving westplains
 alpinebryon
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2010 9:24:06 AM
Cool we have 13 signed up all ready. But personaly I would like to see more But if I can get at lest 16 people to really show up that would be fantastic.I am going to start to email the others that have came in the past.
SYOTR Bryon
 alpinebryon
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2010 6:08:28 AM
Xanadu I have been to Althea Springs my self a few times.its a great place to hang out for a while.But on this trip we'll be getting out at Blair Bridge we could go down as far as Patrick Bridge but most in the group couldn't do a trip as long as that.But I have been thinking about changing camp grounds next year.just to change up the float.Its been a few years since I paddled as far down as Dawt Mill
 alpinebryon
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2010 3:49:15 AM
YES JIMS SON IS A GOOD PADDLER.I HAVE PEOPLE THAT COME WITH EVERY LEVEL OF PADDLEN SKILLS.LAST YEAR UN THE UPPER SECTION OF THE RIVE R.WE HAD A 50 YEAR OLD WOMAN THAT NEVER PADDLED A KAYAK IN HER LIFE NEVER THE LESS A WHITE WATER KAYAK WHITCH ARE HARDER TO PADDLE THAN A RECEATION KAYAK.AND SHE DID FANTACTIC.SHE PICKED IT UP RATHER GOOD.SO ANY ONE WANTING A PADDLE MATE.I WOULD WAIT A MONTH AND START ASKING PEOPLE THAT HAVED SIGNED UP IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO PADDLE TOGETHER
 alpinebryon
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2010 6:16:01 AM
This is a private camp ground.But there is a US Forestry camp ground near by its called Hamond mills I think or Hamond Camp.I know where Harrison in been thru there many times on my way to the Buffalo River.but not sure how you would get here from there.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2010 5:39:07 AM
Hi Cowboyzfan.This is just small outting.We camp out and hang around the fire at night have some eats and a couple of drinks chat play.This is really no differant than hitting the bar But we all camp out and on Saturday morning we all pile into our canoes or kayaks or rafts and we float down the river.Taking a swim at the rope swings(if there are any rope swings the natoinal park service tries takes them down at every chance they have but there are all ways rope swings LOL)have lunch some were on the river banks.I have a group site all ready reserved for us if you are going to camp.if you want a cabin or a RV site then you must resrerve those.(I must warn you.that if you or others are thinking of a RV site.They don't have a lot same way with cabins.Every year there are 5 or 6 people that come every year.its kind of like a family reiunion. you will have fun if you come.this is a great river for a float trip.And this is open to all
 alpinebryon
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 3/19/2010 10:01:14 AM
OK ALL WE ARE ALL SET.GROUP RESERVATIONS AR CONFIRNED.DON'T KNOW WHAT SITE IT WILL BE.BUT IT WILL BE DOWN IN DEAR MEDOWS AND I ASKED FOR A CLOSER ONE TO THE BATHROOMS. I HOPE THAT WE CAN GET A BEACH FRONT SITE ON THE RIVER LOL.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 3/18/2010 10:21:35 AM
Kelly I can not say how many teens will be there.last year we had a couple of teens down there.and the year before I believe that I had 4.And the year before that I had 3 teens.so I can not say how many will be there this year you'll just have to keep a eye out on the posts and see if any one will bring theirs.but your kids are still welcome
 alpinebryon

Posted: 3/16/2010 11:55:57 AM
Ok check with your bff.and hope to see you down there.

Show ALL Forums