Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: flat earth theories and proofs
 gingerosity
Msg: 2 (view)

flat earth theories and proofs
Posted: 11/25/2017 9:34:38 PM
Travel is relatively cheap these days and it's an easy experiment to do. Have at it.
 gingerosity
Msg: 4 (view)

As an Aussie now living in the USA...
Posted: 11/14/2017 2:21:27 AM
The good ones are all around us. They're closing in. Argh!

Phew... it was only a dream.
 gingerosity
Msg: 10 (view)

Perhaps It's Time To Put 'Justinelle' In Perspective
Posted: 11/11/2017 10:32:45 PM

If a tract is to be quoted it ought to be attributed to who wrote it

You can download the full-text pdf of the original article here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/49597080_The_Destruction_and_Reconstruction_of_North_Korea_1950_-_1960
 gingerosity
Msg: 88 (view)

What Can Be Done To Protect Us From A Homegrown Slaughter-Spree?
Posted: 11/9/2017 1:04:41 PM

What Can Be Done To Protect Us From A Homegrown Slaughter-Spree?

Rapid response, fully autonomous police drones with sniper capabilities and real-time monitoring of all of a person's digital communications. One for every citizen... always watching and waiting for signs of deviant behaviour. The judge and jury algorithm would have to be well maintained, of course.
 gingerosity
Msg: 28 (view)

A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution
Posted: 10/25/2017 2:36:33 AM

The fossils I have a really hard time believing they are has old has what we are told. Yes I know stuff can like get frozen in ice and that can keep it preserved for example but if any fossils are truly like 100 million years old I am sure they would have decomposed by now. That is a long time for any thing to last.

You should look up the details on this because your skepticism is valid and fossils are awesome. If they were merely preserved organic matter you would have a point... but you're missing a vital piece of the puzzle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil#Fossilization_processes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrifaction
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permineralization
 gingerosity
Msg: 99 (view)

Las Vegas Carnage Questions
Posted: 10/19/2017 12:59:54 AM
I heard he was motivated by the thought of people hearing stuff about him.
 gingerosity
Msg: 5 (view)

Did You See the Supernova Last Week?
Posted: 10/17/2017 4:59:19 AM

The explosion of the star resulted in a gamma ray burst that originated 7.5 billion light years away from Earth. It has taken these billions of years for the light from that explosion to reach Earth. NASA’s Swift satellite first detected the gamma rays at 2:12 a.m. Wednesday March 18, 2008.

The light from the explosion would have been visible by the naked eye if anyone had been outside to see last week. So bright was the light that it set a new record for the most distant object to be seen from Earth by the naked eye.

Woah. With my humble 10" telescope and some effort I could find a few of the brighter quasars a billion or two billion light years away, from a dark site. 7.5 billion with the naked eye is insane.

a rare sight in the field of astronomy

Yes, pretty hot stuff. 200 times the earths mass in gold and 500 times the earth's mass in platinum made in that one small merger. I haven't read the papers but I hope they can use it to calibrate their triangulation. Last I heard it was only accurate to 8 degrees or something. Can't wait for the galactic black hole mergers with ESA's LISA in the... 2030's?! Oh well, can't complain... at least they saved it when NASA couldn't afford to. Maybe when JWST finally gets off the ground they will get back on board LISA.
 gingerosity
Msg: 36 (view)

Women looking online to get...pregnant
Posted: 10/16/2017 4:17:52 AM
Kids need a positive male role model in their critical early years of development, preferably a loving father. That is not to mention the effort in bringing up a child well that is a burden easier shared. Yes, time is short... but have you really exhausted all potential avenues for securing a suitable long-term breeding partner? And would changing your profile from 'undecided/open' to 'need to make zygotes asap' better communicate your intentions?
 gingerosity
Msg: 79 (view)

Religion
Posted: 10/12/2017 7:25:35 AM

the loud atheists, wherever i have worked, have been the people most afraid of the boss or management.

Distrust, fear, resentment, disengagement. These are rational human responses to being controlled by others. Only a person predisposed to servility would accept such a state without significant internal turmoil. I would predict that on average, the more authoritarian the management style used, the greater was the negative response to it and the less creative and productive were the workers. Am I right?

"Whatever does not spring from a man’s free choice, or is only the result of instruction and guidance, does not enter into his very being, but remains alien to his true nature; he does not perform it with truly human energies, but merely with mechanical exactness." - Humboldt

I think that natural selection in economics has done more to advance freedom than any high minded philosophy. In any case, in our small moment in history it is still up to the free individual to have the courage to uphold their personal and professional principles... regardless of asserted doctrine or acts of injustice committed.

"The moment the slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, his fetters fall. Freedom and slavery are mental states." - Gandhi

"Perhaps it is with greater fear that you pass the sentence upon me than I receive it." -Giordano Bruno
 gingerosity
Msg: 77 (view)

Religion
Posted: 10/11/2017 11:57:44 PM

Why is it, when a country goes to war, religions don't publicly condemn the mass murdering and genocide? How can a church teach about the Ten Commandments-including the part about "Thou shall not kill", but say nothing when people are sent to war for the purpose of killing and/or torturing other people? Maybe that commandment should be changed to say "Thou shall not kill, unless the leader of your country says it's alright to kill. Then go out and slaughter as many people as you want to. It's OK to inflict them with a lot of pain before killing them." And any teaching about treating others like you would like to treated should tossed out, and replaced with "Treat people like shit if you want to, or if you're told to." There are cases where some religious leaders are actually in favor of war. What's the logic behind that?

Do not question authority.

Obey.

Here endeth the lesson.
 gingerosity

What Donald John Trump Should Do
Posted: 10/7/2017 5:37:19 PM

Predict what Trump will do to North Korea

Build a wall and make them pay for it.
 gingerosity
Msg: 14 (view)

That Annóys An Oyster
Posted: 10/7/2017 4:53:02 PM
Perpetrator identity for some crimes (eg. mass murder) shouldn't be publicised immediately, where infamy may be a primary motivator or may provide motivation for copy-cats, and where it isn't necessary to appeal to the public for information. They should be given a code name like 'Loser#758' for the first hundred years or so. Internet crackpots will always think such crimes are 'false flag' events anyway, regardless of disclosure.
 gingerosity

work opportunity
Posted: 9/13/2017 8:32:34 PM
I worked rotating shifts similar to this for 3 years in my 20's. We had a high staff turnover. Despite a promotion after my boss had a car crash and quit, I quit a year later to go backpacking in Asia. When I returned I was offered the same position in my new city, and had no hesitation in declining and taking the risk of not finding a better job. As it happened, it wasn't long before finding a much better job that I'm still at 6 years later.

Can it be done? Sure. I was very disciplined and made sure to step down gradually over the weekends. Some people chose to stay up all Friday or Saturday night instead.

Is it worth it? Not for me it wasn't, not once I had the initial work experience which had good value in the job market. The reduced life expectancy of such shift work is not such a big deal if it's when you're past it anyway, but the reduced quality of life in the interim is much more costly.

Is it worth it for you? Only you can answer that.
 gingerosity
Msg: 34 (view)

Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/12/2017 6:25:27 PM

Why shouldn't each tall building be surrounded by a moat that could be used in an emergency?

No good structurally, economically or for purpose. Hit water from high enough and it is like hitting cement. Flying fox would be better in every way.
 gingerosity

A Sturdy Den
Posted: 9/10/2017 1:56:48 PM
3D-printed domes.
 gingerosity
Msg: 3 (view)

What is the logic behind why going for what you want, going after what you want, is masculine?
Posted: 9/8/2017 7:26:06 PM
It sounds to me like you're making the classic mistake known as "caring what stupid people think". Is there any particular reason you have for this self-limiting behaviour?
 gingerosity

A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution
Posted: 9/7/2017 4:06:53 AM

Here is the fatal flaw in evolution theory: the natural product of abiogenesis could only have been a single-celled organism that reproduced asexually, which means it would have had to clone itself. But from where did the germs or bacteria come? The only logical answer to that question is also the simplest: abiogenesis must have happened at least twice.

Bacteria ARE "single-celled organisms that reproduce asexually". So... someone should let the author know their fatal flaw is actually a feature.

Remember that we’ve already assumed the Big Bang and abiogenesis could have been successful and lucky. LUCA would “naturally” begin the process of replication via asexual reproduction, which would produce no new variety within the genome. So from where did the new genetic information come?

There is a thing called 'random mutation' too. And LUCA is the last common ancestor, not the first life form.

And I really can't be bothered proof-reading the whole thing.

To be fair, it was written without obfuscation. So I give them some points for that honesty and the effort to consider what Dawkins had said, even if they do need to do some more background reading and possibly to be more honest with themselves.
 gingerosity
Msg: 9 (view)

Now What Of Weaponry
Posted: 9/4/2017 1:55:54 PM

For example, an antimissile missile may work better in chasing than trying to intercept its foe head-on

"A stern chase is a long chase."
 gingerosity
Msg: 130 (view)

Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal
Posted: 9/3/2017 3:56:00 AM
If there is no Derek, then gravity somehow does not obey an inverse square law when rotating galaxies. That is such a contradiction of all the other tests of gravity we've done that being in a big steaming pile of Derek seems to be the more likely explanation. Hopefully we will find out soon, one way or the other!
 gingerosity
Msg: 326 (view)

Why is there human life on earth?
Posted: 9/3/2017 3:37:59 AM
The intelligent non-human lifeforms in this part of the galaxy will once have been human.

There is human life on earth so that non-human life can eventually not be on earth.
 gingerosity
Msg: 27 (view)

Where Do Dreams Come From?
Posted: 8/27/2017 6:27:16 AM
The truth is your dream was verisimilar.
 gingerosity
Msg: 21 (view)

Shipping-In Some Real Science
Posted: 8/23/2017 12:35:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
 gingerosity
Msg: 15 (view)

Flossing is useless?
Posted: 8/20/2017 4:07:30 AM
Thanks for the contributions here. After a recent dentist visit and lecture about flossing I remembered this "thread" and got myself a waterpik today. First test was great! Much better than flossing for me.
 gingerosity

Karma vs Dharma, religious misuse of science terms
Posted: 8/17/2017 12:09:31 AM
Schizophrenics don't have split personalities.
Yes they do.
No they don't.
 gingerosity
Msg: 13 (view)

Playmate Seeking – Next Generation
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:32:07 PM
Transistors may cause transsisters to switch?

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/1500130920-20170715%20(1).png
 gingerosity

A thought regarding Eternity
Posted: 7/22/2017 2:34:12 PM
I prefer Hendrik Willem Van Loon's forumlation:

"High up in the North in the land called Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is a hundred miles high and a hundred miles wide. Once every thousand years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. When the rock has thus been worn away, then a single day of eternity will have gone by."
 gingerosity
Msg: 45 (view)

Possibilities of evolution
Posted: 7/13/2017 12:20:19 AM
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain
 gingerosity

Profile review not getting reply's
Posted: 7/9/2017 3:32:19 AM
Ah, Corrimal. Takes me back to the good ol' days, growing up in the 'gong.

There's nothing especially wrong in your profile. It's a bit of an 'average boring nice guy' angle, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The main issue I can see is just a structural issue probably caused from editing at various times in different moods. You come accross as conflicted between your natural instinct to be class clown in the top parts and the serious business of boring dating profile descriptions in the bottom part.

That is just confusing to the prospects, like you are going through a maturation phase where you're neither especially fun to travel and party with, nor will be looking to settle down and build a nest anytime soon. I would recommend you go more fully with either option in the profile rather than leave it at 50:50 as it stands.

Also a shot with you smiling more or laughing wouldn't hurt.

Otherwise your initial contact messages may be an area you could look at improving by injecting some humour, specific interest in their profile, originality, spark, etc. What makes you different to all the others? Get that unique selling point across better.
 gingerosity
Msg: 7 (view)

a millenial makes a request
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:20:21 AM
Only jobs I've quit or declined are the ones that didn't pay well enough for what they were and what I had to offer. Millenials are more junior and less experienced by definition, so of course they are paid less on average and have less influence on decision making and so they move more. It has a lot to do with the financial crisis, baby boomers not retiring and the rise of automation, and very little to do with lack of noble purposes.
 gingerosity

ok, went on a date thing- how to proceed now?...girls advice welcome
Posted: 6/27/2017 1:23:14 AM
Who initiated the coffee date?

If it was you then I recommend leaving the ball in her court to continue the conversation. It is, or should be, a two-way street. If their expectation is that the other person shall make all of the running then that is what is impolite, and futher consideration on your part would be inadvisable.
 gingerosity
Msg: 210 (view)

Dark Matter and Mathematics ..
Posted: 6/16/2017 1:12:59 AM
Liquid goth is surprisingly viscous and hard to work with... the end result comes out darker and more mattery if they are lyophilised and micronised instead. It wasn't until it was being minaturised to fit on the backs of oliphants during the cold war that the eskimo high command found that dark matter derived from powdered goth has a greater gravitational yield and less intergalactic fallout than the liquid-derived form. Some hybrid designs use both, because if you get the mixture right you can make the accretion disc of Saggitarius A* spin backwards for a time. I don't think anyone knows exactly how that works yet, but there are some theories kicking around to do with sedementary rock layering and quantum consciousness.
 gingerosity
Msg: 33 (view)

yes man!!!
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:19:12 AM

1/a = a implies that a = 1, the only number that is equal to its inverse

1 or -1
 gingerosity
Msg: 9 (view)

Second post on an invitation to take part in research on profile writing
Posted: 5/8/2017 3:10:32 AM
https://www.xkcd.com/435/
 gingerosity

Spinning light ?
Posted: 5/8/2017 2:19:47 AM

measuring objects ‘light casting’ shadow definition.

I think this is your problem, if I've understood the set up correctly.

Try putting a card with a pinhole between the LED and the object casting the shadow. This should better approximate having a rotating point source. Re-measure both when stationary and rotating. The LED is not a point source, so you will be getting penumbras due to that and oscillation of the distributed light source in the plane of rotation. Increasing the distance between the LED and the object would also help reduce this penumbra issue, as would ensuring the semiconductor chip in your LED is as small as possible and at the very centre of the rotation. Measuring the shadow definition in a plane perpendicular to the plane of rotation would remove the lateral oscillation problem but not the distributed source problem.

Alternatively, measure the luminance with a photodetector or some other way.

What happens if I spin the LED, ---at the speed of light ! sm.

You get laughed at until the evidence is overwhelming. Then you get a Nobel Prize.
 gingerosity

Posted: 5/6/2017 9:43:57 PM
^ It was provided by Dr A. Geezer, Senior Lecturer in Answerology at the University of Yo Momma.
 gingerosity

Posted: 5/6/2017 1:23:16 PM

All you have to do is look over the profiles here, and look over select forum threads. Catch the arguments, watch the profile review discussions. Etc. Blah blah blah. Not rocket science. Exactly what else is being asked for here? What more is needed for anyone to "take part" already?

Personality testing.

The study will also investigate the relationship between the language we use to describe ourselves and our personality traits.

The public profile is only one side of the equation, and trying to piece personality together from the forum is hopeless because such writings are also subject to persona filters, n is far too small, and the sample is biased towards the sort of people who go out of their way to participate in public forums. As it is the sample will be biased towards the sort of people who go out of their way to participate in online personality surveys for research projects instead.

you need to improve your flat spam-like presentation

Yes, but they would probably be better off just using a population that has already been personality tested, and following up on them to look at any dating profiles they may have rather than trying to get people with dating profiles to take personality tests. Besides comparing to personality testing, they could also compare dating profiles to other social media projections such as fakebook to see how the environment in combination with particular peronsality traits changes our online presentation of ourselves.
 gingerosity

Living Paycheck to Paycheck
Posted: 4/18/2017 7:03:20 AM

what exactly is living paycheck to paycheck to you? Less than $5 before payday...$100...$250?

Living paycheck to paycheck is when you're not saving for rainy days, and mostly means you have little or nothing in reserve as well. A wealthy person could spend as much as, or even more than their pay but we wouldn't say they are 'living paycheck to paycheck' because they have so much collateral in reserve to cover basic living as well as irregular/unforseen expenses. They are not absolutely depending on that next paycheck just to survive... at least not yet.

When I was living dolecheck to dolecheck after uni it was closer to $5 than $100 or $250. If you save $100 or $250 per fortnight on average I don't think that is exactly living paycheck to paycheck, even though it may not be far off. Notice I said 'on average' there, because if you're not allocating money for the infrequent monthly, quarterly and annual expenses then that $100 or $250 may only be temporary savings and you really are living paycheck to paycheck once those expenses are paid.
 gingerosity
Msg: 29 (view)

yes man!!!
Posted: 4/17/2017 6:45:04 AM

I'm careful also about exactly how I think of consciousness and the quantum realm...I feel like there's something about it which connects us more to fundamental reality versus us being nothing more than an emergence via atomic/molecular arrangement and biological processes.

Emergent or direct - does it really matter whether it is possible to approximately describe that part of our quantum reality with classical physics or not? As someone who could be said to have suffered from wave function PTSD in the past, I always hope for the sake of our AI descendents for as many classical shortcuts as we can get.

Anyway when I become president I will make the quanta pay for a wall on the edge of reality to keep them in their own eigenstate.
 gingerosity
Msg: 10 (view)

WHO is WHO? or MULTIPLE ids ???
Posted: 4/9/2017 3:06:56 PM
If they don't have a credible profile pic it's safe to assume they're more troll-like than the rest of us.
 gingerosity

nihilism
Posted: 4/5/2017 3:20:22 PM

if a 'cat is just a mammal' then 'a mammal is just a'? and so on

Nested categories are similar to the nested concepts described by the chain of signification in radical post-structualism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2dLVx8THA

so, the racist is incapable of differentiating when within one set, they categorize them as the same but they contain differences, those differences may appear as equalities or traits of one set

Yup. Racists, sexists, homophobes, islamophobes, anti-semites, fascists, marxists... you name it. All make the same categorical mistakes as part of a process of identification with in-groups and vilification of out-groups. Now you will hopefully be thinking: is this characterisation itself making the same mistake? Is it just a mammal or are we missing some nuances here?

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking." - A. A. Milne
 gingerosity

nihilism
Posted: 4/5/2017 2:39:03 AM
Hey man. I see you're all grown up now. Man, that reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMIxnF_n4lk

x is just y iff x is equal to y, nonlinear dynamics isn't just algebra, rather it contains algebra, and builds higher concepts on top of it, it is a prerequisite not an equality.

just, to reduce, or simplify; just, when used in this context, is an indicator that the person believes the idea to be simple, and if simple ideas are not understood or unknown to an other, they may just be retarded

Commonly 'just' is synonymous with solely, as in your iff statement. However, there are some complications, usually to do with categories or sets.

Something can be said to be just something else if the something else is a larger set which containins it, even if it is not identical to other members of the set. 'A cat is just a mammal' is correct in that no cat is classed as being in another kingdom, but it is incorrect in that cats are specifically of the family felidae, meaning they have unique adaptations that differentiate them from other mammals within that kingdom. It is also incorrect in that parts of cats are shared with things from other kingdoms and domains, such as common genetic code sequences, biochemical pathways, etc. Similarly one could say that nonlinear dynamics is just algebra, which is to say that it is within the algebraic set. That may be true, however it may not be true that it is identical to all parts of the algebraic set or that it has no parts in common with members of other sets.

Such problems encountered with categorisation or reductionism in general are the origin of much of the struggle of humanity.
"The ability to discriminate is a precious faculty; by judging all members of one "race" to be the same, the racist precisely shows himself incapable of discrimination." - Christopher Hitchens
Understanding nuance takes significant investment of time and effort when we are beautifully evolved heuristic machines designed to optimise survival in a complex and chaotic world. Education will never dispense with such messy approximations as conceptual categories, but it will make us more aware of the dangers inherent in their use.

Nihilism, when there are no notes in the music, just a straight line on the entire 'symphony'. No alternation of sound and silence, no differentiation.

Sounds like it's a mute question then.
 gingerosity

Date ideas
Posted: 3/29/2017 1:37:25 AM
Why not just say "Hey ____, I was thinking and Friday evening dates aren't really my thing (unless it involves tv bingeing). Would you be up for some bushwalking/camping/bike riding/kayaking/beach bumming on Saturday instead? You could meet my awesome dog too!"

Otherwise I can only think of mundane things like boardgames or wild sex to pass the time until you can get outdoors.
 gingerosity
Msg: 40 (view)

Real or Fake ?
Posted: 3/20/2017 1:23:01 AM
I saw this video the other day about the news media and was reminded of this thread. It's not exactly about real vs fake but still worth a look if you have a spare 3/5ths of an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I08u0eKvwUY
 gingerosity
Msg: 86 (view)

The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 3/14/2017 4:30:39 AM

Do you recall how Trump answered when Bill Oreilly (of Fox news) said to him : "you do know that Putin is a killer"
Trump said: " we are not innocent"

This statement ^,.... coming from a man who was sworn to defend the flag & USC!

It seems reasonable to me as stated (I did not see the interview).

How does it diminish the defence of the flag and USC to hold yourselves to the same standards as others? I would think it undermines the enemy's arguments of hypocrisy and double-standards as opposed to giving them aid and comfort.
 gingerosity

Blocking
Posted: 3/12/2017 1:49:35 AM
The standard response would be keep blocking the ones that are clearly from him *strictly without any replying at all* and he will probably get bored. It may be prudent to save the messages offline before blocking in case you need evidence later. You would need to be suspicious of new contacts for a while and taking a break from using the site may be an option to consider, depending on the content and how you feel, etc.

If it keeps going and escalates beyond a temporary annoyance, you could take the evidence to csr@pof.com and see if they can block his IP address from messaging you or even from using the site altogether if it gets bad enough. If it gets to stalker level then there is always the police... but I'd say it would have to be beyond the usual fare for them to do much besides record the complaint.
 gingerosity
Msg: 16 (view)

Real or Fake ?
Posted: 2/24/2017 6:51:09 PM
The non-delusional part of the commication is her reasonable interpretation of non-verbal cues - she is watching and listening to them and seeing how they are moving and reacting to things, and making probabilistic judgements on what they are thinking that is leading them to exhibit those behaviours.

On the other hand, things like claiming to have been actually 'told' they want to change the name they are called are at best delusional or at worst fraudulent. It is always hard to tell with self-appointed psychics and mystics whether they really beleive in the nonsense or are just trying to fleece people. In my experience they are more likely to be delusional than predatorial, and it generally seems kinder to give them the benefit of the doubt unless and until evidence arises that indicates otherwise.
 gingerosity
Msg: 39 (view)

What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/24/2017 5:20:51 PM

What good things has Trump accomplished?

He fired that russian national security advisor dude for being too russian.
 gingerosity
Msg: 43 (view)

Herbivore Men...Japanese MGTOW?
Posted: 2/24/2017 5:41:32 AM
^ I think it is a lot more common than you think. People love conflict. Look at the internet. Politics. Soap operas. You can't sell a story without it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_(narrative)

There seems to be an innate need within us for as much drama and adrenaline as we can get. Whoever happens to pop up to take advantage of such needs is not very important compared to the root cause in our primate biology. The ape within is what I would address. Treat the cause and the symptoms will resolve themselves.
 gingerosity
Msg: 41 (view)

Herbivore Men...Japanese MGTOW?
Posted: 2/23/2017 6:37:23 PM

You play into the hand of the bad guys - whoever and whatever you're trying to fight against or for. You let the true bad elements hide within each group, become unable to understand and identify what you're really fighting against or for, and allow the bad elements within each side to manipulate everyone else and create perpetual and unresolvable conflict.

And it's not just that some bad elements take over and manipulate to create perpetual conflict... it's that people enjoy being in perpetual conflict and actively seek to bring it about. The conspiracy against their better nature is more internal than external.
 gingerosity

Real or Fake ?
Posted: 2/23/2017 5:50:08 PM
It's as KR said. A small frame with non-threatening movements and body language, and a scent lacking in fear and artificial perfumes. I've interacted with 'wild' silvery lutungs, macaques, and an orangutan that were similarly used to crossing paths with humans. They are not stupid - they very quickly learn the difference between a human that is threatening or a potential source of food, and one that is just hanging out for a while in a socially acceptable way. Jane Goodall and Diane Fossey were interacting with fully-wild chimpanzees and mountain gorillas, respectively. That is an order of magnitude more difficult and dangerous.

Show ALL Forums