Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Singles Party at International Plams Resort, Cocoa Beach, June 30, 2012
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 8 (view)

Singles Party at International Plams Resort, Cocoa Beach, June 30, 2012
Posted: 6/1/2012 6:47:37 PM
With these hosts at the realm you know this event will be beyond anything you ever experienced . These ladies are plentyoffish royalty. With their combined energy and "TALENTS" even veteran fish partygoers will be dazzled and the newbies will be "hooked" for life. People we are talking the level of a Beatles reunion. What a great setting too. Great planning ladies!!!!!!!
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 5 (view)

~ ~ CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA - ST. PATTY'S DAY PARTY - SATURDAY MARCH 17, 2012
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:59:01 AM
This place is off the beaten path but well worth the drive, its natural Florida at its best and its true the sunsets are spectacular. It is rather unique and what makes it ideal is you have nooks and crannies where you can actually have some conversations and not have to holler over the music . The staff is friendly and the locals that frequent it are quite friendly. I think its a perfect place to celebrate ST. Patty's day. Even the gators will be wearing green . So be sure to wear your green , you do not want to piss over a gator.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 16 (view)

ALL NEW EXCITING CLASSY VENUE~~JASON'S MARTINI BAR~~NOV. 19TH AT 7:30~~
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:10:18 PM
Jason's Martini bar is a fantastic venue, I went to a POF party there several years ago. It was a week night though, but this place is really sizzling on a saturday night. The Martini's are pricey but REALLY good The atmostphere is great and even the restrooms are well worth a visit. There is no doubt that this venue will be a huge crowd pleaser.. Great choice Deb
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 25 (view)

CASSELBERRY~~NEW VENUE~~SUNDAY, OCT 16TH~~
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:38:03 PM
It's cool to see parties being hosted once again at Casselberry's patio bar . There were some pretty cool parties held there back in the day. What makes this such an ideal venue is you can escape the wicked cigarette clouds that plague most bars, and there are quiet places to talk. The best part of all is how wonderfully receptive the managment is to Plentyoffish and all its patrons.. They make you feel really appreciated and welcome. Deb it looks like you are going to have a great party.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 6 (view)

Orlando Area HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR - Saturday Oct 29th at the Post Time Lounge
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:22:24 PM
I have signed up to show my support and appreciation to our wonderful Host DK. It is a momentous occassion , for you see DK is about to lose his party host virginity. There is no doubt that our well seasoned and much loved plentyoffisher will do a fantastic job making all his fellow fishies happy. I was wondering since this is a costume optional event does this mean that we can expect some members to come in the buff? See the definition of costume below...

cos·tume   /n. ˈkɒstum, -tyum; v. kɒˈstum, -ˈstyum/ Show Spelled [n. kos-toom, -tyoom; v. ko-stoom, -styoom] Show IPA noun, verb, -tumed, -tum·ing, adjective
noun
1. a style of dress, including accessories and hairdos, especially that peculiar to a nation, region, group, or historical period.
2. dress or garb characteristic of another period, place, person, etc., as worn on the stage or at balls.
3. fashion of dress appropriate to a particular occasion or season: dancing costume; winter costume.
4. a set of garments, especially women's garments, selected for wear at a single time; outfit; ensemble
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 19 (view)

Sat. Jan. 15, Tampa, Meet & Greet with kids at the Zoo, Start 11:00 AM to5:00 PM
Posted: 1/15/2011 6:47:06 PM
I wish I could of made it.. my daughters dog was hit by a car and was critically injured, after a valiant effort by the vets to save him , poor little Luca died friday morning. The poor darling was just two years old. We are all grieving. Im going to Tampa tomorrow . If you ever plan another at the zoo I would love to go. Sorry you did not get the turnout you hoped for.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 13 (view)

Sat. Jan. 15, Tampa, Meet & Greet with kids at the Zoo, Start 11:00 AM to5:00 PM
Posted: 1/3/2011 1:27:36 AM
What a great idea for a meet and greet. I live in Orlando , but my daughter lives a stones throw from the zoo. I have begging her to go with me to the zoo, when I visit, but somehow we never manage it. This could be my opportunity to finally get us there. She is a grown up kid and then again so am I . I shall see if I can motivated some other O towners to come out and play too.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 45 (view)

**Firkin & Kegler Entertainment Center - The Loft Nightclub & Bar / Saturday 8/7/10, 8:30PM - 2:00AM
Posted: 8/7/2010 12:33:35 PM
Hope you feel better TS and you are NOT old. Now I on the other hand are being asked are you eligible for the senior discounts.. now that is not a good sign at all. But I refuse to grow up so maybe there is a balance in all this. I am ready to let my inner child to play on the POF playground tonight with all my fellow fishies. See you all tonight . Be sure to bring your smile, and be prepared to have FUN. Arrive at nine for the ICE BREAKER GAMES. Even if you have played before its really a comfortable way to start meeting and talking to that someone who may have caught your eye. At ten oclock you can start showing us your moves on the dance floor. Gentleman I challenge you all tonight to be bold and get out there and ask the ladies to dance. Ladies ask the guys too they will be flattered. Well Im off to practice my one dance move . Beyonce you have nothing on me
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 43 (view)

**Firkin & Kegler Entertainment Center - The Loft Nightclub & Bar / Saturday 8/7/10, 8:30PM - 2:00AM
Posted: 8/6/2010 7:52:51 PM
Indeed our lovely hostess is 100 percent correct. we usually have far more fish come out to party then the sign up sheet indicates. Its awesome to see some brand new faces and of course we love seeing our veteran fish as well. What I love most about this site is that not only do we have opportunities to find that special somone , but we also become a family of sorts. I love all the special bonds and friendships I have acquired along my POF journey. Tomorrow at this time we will be dancing, flirting, laughing , socializing, and having a Fishtanstic time.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2010 6:59:01 PM
We are in the sixties but its not to late to rise to the occassion and make it a lovely one hundred fish .. I have faith that this is possible. So come little fishies from far and near . This one sea is worthy of exploration and the waters will be filled with wonders beyond your imagination. I promise the oil spill has not touched this ocean. In the words of Sebastion the crab. " Darling its better down where its wetter under the sea" See you all in two days.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 34 (view)

CHANGE IN START TIME OF PARTY
Posted: 8/3/2010 7:45:07 PM
Madame Brenda you are confusing me and I already live in a state of confusion all the time But alas NINE OCLOCK it will be . Now to go and get a hold of that fairy godmother of mine to see if she can turn that pumpkin into a coach a bit later for me. She is not easy to get a hold of it seems she gives all her attention to that Cinderella chick. Hmmmaybe I should think about getting a new fairy godmother or go for a wizard instead.

Dovestreasure
Msg: 31 (view)

should make it
Posted: 7/31/2010 6:08:44 PM
Great news moonlight.. it will be good to see you again, Please tell your friend we are a harmless bunch and and she will have a great time. We were all a bit nervous at the first party we attended . Those nerves vanish quickly when you you see everyone is there to just have fun and get out and socialize. Drinking is not a requirement at all, and soft drinks and water will do the trick . Just remember everyone to drink responsibly and be safe. Now lets see of we can double our sign up or more before party night. I cant wait to see everyone having a good time
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 7/29/2010 11:26:10 AM
( To the tune of celebration)
There's some fishin goin' on right here
A chance at love to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We're gonna shake our fish tails with you

Come on now

Fishabration
Let's all fish and have a good time
Fishabration
We gonna cast a line and have a good time

It's time to swim together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure

Everyone around the bay
come on!

Yahoo! It's a Fishabration
Yahoo!
Yahoo! It's a Fishabration
Yahoo!

Fishabrate good times, come on!
It's a Fishabration
Let's Fishabrate

We're gonna have a splashin time tonight
Let's fishabrate, it's all right
We're gonna have a splashin time tonight

Baby...

We're gonna have a splashin time tonight (Fish-a-bra-tion)
We're gonna have a splashin time tonight (Fish-a-bra-tion)

Yahoo!
Yahoo!

Fishabrate good times, come on! (Let's fishabrate)
It's a Fishabration!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 7/23/2010 10:15:45 PM
TS we welcome your devilish smile, Im sure all the ladies will enjoy your company. Belladonna thats great that you will be joining us , we had an amazing time at the last one and we no doubt will take the fun factor to greater heights on August 7th. I am REALLY looking foward to this party. Have a great weekend everyone
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 7/21/2010 7:45:38 PM
Bird there will be others so perhaps you can join us next time. I am going to send out smoke signals, sky write over central florida, send out telepathic messages or maybe a billboard on I-4 to help round up the masses for this magnificent event . Of course the mass E-mail will do the trick too. So come one and all, you deserve a night out of fun and romance. Summer is made for lovin dont ya think? See you all there.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2010 5:54:00 PM
Bring on the men, Bring on the men. Calling all you stud muffins to come and sign up for a night of extraordinary night of fun with the Amazing Ms.Brenda and Moi. Not to mention some really fabulous ladies all primed and ready to meet you. I am getting a tingle just thinking about all the love connections that will happen as well as friendships being forged. It will be a night to remember. So Romeo, Romeo where for arte though Romeo? Only in this Romance they will live happily ever after. We should bring back the infamous kissing booth from a party hosted by a party mentor Val.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2010 5:32:23 PM
Welcome Bird we are glad to have you join us.. Okay although I love a good night out with the girls..... but I am waiting for the men to come on board. If not we are all going to have to share Beatle AL who is a great guy* this could be a awesome thing for AL) So men come hither and sign up and bring your handsome selves to Firkin & Kegler. WE WANT YOU!!!!!!!!!
 Dovestreasure

Posted: 7/14/2010 7:29:38 PM
Woo hoo the hosts are attending, now bring on the peeps. The last party was such a success due to all the great fish in attendance. The party is only as good as those who attend,so cmon and add your great energy to the party. I am looking foward to another fantabulous night at Firkin & Kegler. Lets dance the summer night away.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 42 (view)

**New Venue - FIRKIN & KEGLER (The Loft Nightclub & Bar) / Orlando - Saturday, 07/03/10, 8pm - 2am**
Posted: 7/3/2010 9:57:52 AM
Welcome aboard the POF funship GWT.. we will be floating to many exotic destinations on our journey . The Firkin&Kegler is our newest ship in our fleet and comes with every possible amenity. Be sure to see your Social Directors Brenda and Gail for your intinery. Remember this is a singles cruise so act accordingly. Come on aboard tonight with a smile and be prepared to have fun. Do not worry we will not be having a life boat drill , but there will be lots of drinks served on the Lido deck ( Loft Nightclub & Bar)

Fish just a reminder we are upstairs incase you are wandering around aimlessly trying to find us. Its a big place. See ya later my fine finned freinds.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 39 (view)

**New Venue - FIRKIN & KEGLER (The Loft Nightclub & Bar) / Orlando - Saturday, 07/03/10, 8pm - 2am**
Posted: 7/2/2010 8:15:10 PM
Val have a wonderful time on the cruise and being a starlet on the antique roadshow. You never did tell us what fantastic antique you were going to bring to the show( not Phil right, lol) Tell Phil thanks for the offer. Oh how I love cruising . You will both be missed at the party, but we know you will be partying in style on the high seas. Gman unless you are a fisherman, work in a fish store. or a seafood restaurant we would hope everyone would steer clear of fishy aroma at all cost. Our party fish are exceptional they ( we ) only exude pheromones of attraction.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2010 8:18:52 PM
Its great to see that we have some new fish on board and some old pals coming to join us. It will be nice to see Elly Kay , Lorin and Dreamweaver once again. I am pleased you will be joining us.Dynamic we will miss you, have a fantastic holiday weekend. Moonlight I am glad you will be joining us after all, there is no cover charge so please bring yourself and your friends.

Lorin I too prefer non smoking venues , and its always a plus when we can accomodate smokers and non smokers alike. I think this venue will please everyone.
As Brenda said to Maquerita, we highly encourage everyone to bring friends along . I have friends joining us that have not signed up for the party and they are bringing other friends . So lets fill Firkin & Kegler to the rafters and spread some fishey love
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2010 6:11:25 PM
We are into the home stretch and this party is just days away... Its time for everyone to come on board and recruit some more Fish to come out and play with us. Yes this is a holiday weekend, but lets make this part of your celebrating. Of course as history has told us we have lots of fish show up without signing up and they bring more single friends along. I know I love a challenge , so here is one for you. Everyone signed up see if you can get one more person to sign up and join us. Lets double the numbers by Saturday. You can do it after all its America's Birthday
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2010 5:06:46 PM
Fishes are the best.. the Why not is not a bad place but they made me sit in a corner the last time I was there. I was having a very bad hair day and was wearing a hat. Staff was swooping down on me like vultures eying a fresh kill. It was a stylish hat too. It was either leave or be hidden away in the back. Tee hee is was funny all that fuss made over my hat. I guess I should make sure silly 4th of July head regala is allowed at firkin and kegler.

They are shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood already. I cant wait to make some fireworks of my own next weekend.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2010 12:50:28 AM
I hope you can join us moonlight and after moving into a new apartment you will need to let loose and have some fun.. The more you get out there the better your chances of finding somone special . Brenda the POF salute is top secret but of course I will share it with my co-host and any fishie with incredible powers of persuasion
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2010 10:16:35 AM
Forget the party.. I am gonna go with you Val... tell Phil he has a room mate. Tee hee. You guys have a fantastic time.. I am insanely jealous for sure. Our numbers are growing at a nice pace. I drove by our new venue earlier today and gave it a POF fishie salute. Yes I am a wee bit insane but I think the building was happy to see me. ( okay I may be a bit overworked) I am looking foward to wonderful tribute to Americas birthday with all of you. Since this is the first time ever that I will be at a party close to home, I might party a wee bit harder I just might need a designated driver.
. ew beer
 Dovestreasure

Posted: 6/24/2010 6:42:37 PM
Rick that is pretty funny about the future ex wife. Could be an idea for a whole new website, lol. I am pleased that we do indeed have some new fish joining us. I think this venue makes it impossible to not have a good time. It really caters to so many possibilities. We fish deserve a first class place. Yes new fresh venues do encourage everyone to come out and try something new. The hot blazing days of Florida summer make a nice cool place to meet and mingle very appealing. Not that hot sweaty bodies is a bad thing under certain circumstances( wink)

Brenda by the way I still have my fish tatoo. once you get those suckers to stick on you , they kinda hang in there. I will want a fresh one for the next party of course.

I think we should all wear red , white and blue.. which gives me an excuse to wear my silly patriotic head gear once again. tee hee I just had to use this.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/23/2010 9:57:25 PM
Brenda I am glad to see that you this posted so quickly. I think I am more excited about this venue , then I have been with others in awhile. The place is beautiful, and layed out in such away that you can find a quieter place to get to know that special someone better. The Dance floor is really cool , with a wall of videos playing behind it. Its a clean and classy place and we do not have to worry about weather factoring in.

If you wouldent mind fellow fishies I would like to share a few thoughts with you. Brenda works really hard setting these parties up for all of us, She tries her best to please everyone. Hosts are not required to provide prizes for their guests. They of course us their own money to make this happen when they do. I loved Brenda's cute fish related trinkets she handed out after the ice breaker game. Some people seemed to be disappointed with what they recieved. We do not play the ice breaker games to be rewarded, The idea is to get people talking and feeling comfortable. In that respect we are all winners right?

So please my dear dear fish, lets show Brenda some appreciation when she goes that extra mile and bestows prizes on us , no matter what they are. We love you Brenda and we are fortunate to have you work so hard so we can all have a good time.

Okay end of speech and time to go sign up for the party.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 38 (view)

**ROUTE 46 - THE GARAGE** / SANFORD , SATURDAY 06/19/10, 6:00PM - 12:00AM
Posted: 6/19/2010 11:33:19 PM
Thank you Brenda for a job well done as always...The party really got going after the rain stopped and everyone could get on the dance floor. It was still going strong at midnight when I left. I was ever so pleased that everyone braved the elements and came .. You cannot keep fishies from partying. I hope everyone made it home safe and sound.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 6/19/2010 1:57:11 PM
I am as pleased as any fish could be... you all rallied and made the magic number happen and then some. What a fine looking bunch we will be having in our midst. It looks like the weather is cooperating too . I am now going to call my fairy godmother and ask her to wave the magic wand and get me ready to meet my handsome prince. I told her no glass slippers and she can forget the curfew thing. See ya fishies
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2010 9:47:53 PM
Every hour is happy hour for me.. and I am not talking alchohol. Life is just a giggle.

Sorry you will not be there with us TS... but spending time with your daughter is wonderful thing. We will see you another time around. Lance the Barn is still up and running on 17-92. The Garage is a brand new venue, and has been open about a year now. We are glad you will be joining us for your first POF party. We are a friendly group and you will not be a newbie for long. Here's the address again for you

Route 46 - “The Garage”
4316 W State Road 46
Sanford, FL 32771-9005
(407) 268-5200

We need 15 more fishies to sign on .. to get to one hundred... of course we have learned from experience that lots of fish cruise on by whether they sign up or not.

Yipeeee Val is gonna be in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See all of you incredible spectacular amazing Fish tomorrow night.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2010 12:30:31 AM
We are now ONLY 19 Fish away from ONE HUNDRED.... So those sitting on the fence take a deep breath and sign up for a night of fishie fun. Brenda's games are fun and it sure helps the shy fish among us feel a bit more at ease. Time to sing everyone.. I know you want to.

Tune of Adams family

When you get into the notion
Come jump out of the ocean
With tail fluke locomotion,

The Fishie family
Swim in the sea, eee eee
Swim in the sea, eee eee
Swim in the sea
Swin in the sea
Swim in the sea, eee eee

I bet you didn't suppose
That Sanfords where to go
to dance all in a row

The Fishy Family
Swim in the sea, eee eee
Swim in the sea, eee eee
Swim in the sea,
Swim in the sea
Swim in the sea, eee eee

Dovestreasure
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 6/16/2010 6:08:01 PM
Wow the numbers have grown over night.. lets see if we can make it to the magic 100. Which means we need to all help spread the word and get ten more people a day to sign up a day.. we can do it , I know we can. So ladies and gentleman reach out to someone you have been admiring from afar. Send up smoke signals, sky writing, send messages in a bottle , dress up like a fish and hand out flyers on the street. Be creative , lets make this the best darn party ever in the history of fishdom
 Dovestreasure

Jacksonville - Stationary Cruise Party to Bahamas 6/29
Posted: 6/15/2010 9:49:02 PM
I must admit this is a rather clever idea for a party and sounds like a really fun time. If it were not on a weekday I would scoot up to Jax from Orlando to join in. Best wishes on your first party and if a real cruise is on the agenda for the future this cruise junkie is always looking for a good bargain for the high seas. Have fun everyone.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 6/15/2010 3:24:56 PM
Party time is just a heart beat away.... A night at the Garage is a great place to kick off a fathers day celebration for all you single Dads out there. We ladies will be thrilled to help you celebrate.

I just have to share this with all my fellow fishies . I got a call from a paid singles dating service today and she tried her very best to tell me about the benefits of her service. Well to make a long story short I told her all about Plentyoffish and this party. Well I did such a great job of promoting the site she decided to join and will be bringing three of her single friends to the party. Plentyoffish is THE BEST at what they do... I cant wait to see ll of you on Sarturday night.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 6/13/2010 12:04:34 PM
It looks like we have had a school of fishies sign up since I checked last.. lets flood the Garage with sensational singles.. They really one hundred percent love us there and do all they can to ensure a great night. Call your friends, and your friends friends. and come out , and eat, drink, dance, flirt, and help make a Sizzlin summer night even steamier. The countdown has begun and we cant wait to see the wonderful you.

xoxoxo Dove
 Dovestreasure

**ROUTE 46 - THE GARAGE** / SANFORD , SATURDAY 06/19/10, 7:00PM - 2:00AM
Posted: 6/8/2010 7:18:37 PM
Wake up party goers. Where are you all hiding??? Im always up for a game of hide and seek , but Its summer time and there are so Many games we can play together. Please help recruit some fabulous fish and lets make this small pond into an ocean of fun. Message that beautiful mermaid you were hoping to meet , or that fine flippered King of the sea you have been worshiping from afar. Lets light up the night like electric eels and make this a party to remember.

See you at the garage
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 3 (view)

**ROUTE 46 - THE GARAGE** / SANFORD , SATURDAY 06/19/10, 7:00PM - 2:00AM
Posted: 6/2/2010 9:03:33 PM
I am thrilled to be returning to the Garage once again.. Last weeks party was magnificent. The turnout was pretty good considering it was a holiday weekend. The band was awesome and no doubt we will be graced with a another great band . The icebreaker games are lots of fun and a great way for comfortably approaching a new friend.Yes signing up for the party gives everyone a sneak preview of the wonderful you. So many fishies check our sign in sheet to see if someone they are interested in has come to the party. So sign up there may be a fan waiting for you there.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 28 (view)

**ROUTE 46 – THE GARAGE** / SANFORD, SATURDAY 05/29/10, 7:00PM TO 2:00AM
Posted: 5/29/2010 9:00:24 AM
Come one come all to the MOST SPECTACULAR PARTY ever.. You owe to yourself to come out and have the time of your life... We have a long weekend and a extra day to recuperate from the merriment. Bring friends and your friends freinds, everyone is welcome whether they sign up or not. I cannot wait to see all your happy faces.

Sanford here I come .. was gonna do a cartwheel but opted for a fist pump instead( much safer at my age)
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/22/2010 5:35:57 PM
Woo hoo just a week away and we will all be mingling and having a grand old time.. I got my crystal ball out of moth balls and dusted it off. As I peered into its shiny confines it bestowed the most magnificent images. There will be lots of dancing, laughter, handsome men and beautiful women. The bartenders will be keeping our glasses overflowing. There will be new friendships formed and love connections bright enough to light up the night sky. Oh yes nearly forgot that at least one person will buy me a drink( okay didnt really see that but it was worth mentioning) I cant wait to meet all the new fish coming out to play with us.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/17/2010 8:40:39 PM
You are very welcome Brenda .. you have done so much for all of us on this site, its the least I can do to pitch in and lend a hand. This spectacular weather is just perfect for a venue like the Garage. Music and magic under the stars. The Garage loves when plenty of fish comes to play. We are so thankful to the past hosts who introduced us to such a great place. We will try to do you proud. Welcome to old friends and new friends, I cant wait to see you all.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 50 (view)

Ring in Spring @ The Why Not Lounge ~~~Altamonte Springs ~~ March 19th
Posted: 3/17/2010 9:45:47 PM
Happy Saint Pattys day everyone.. and yes it will be great fun to wheeled about. I have invited some friends to come along too. Its really nice to have something fun to look foward too after so long. Fishies are Awesome to be around My doctor has prescribed extreme laughter as well as physical therpy. S0 I can look at this as therapy for my body and mind.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 41 (view)

Address no good for google maps
Posted: 3/15/2010 9:29:44 PM
I think I am number 84 so you are getting closer to your goal. I have been having POF withdrawals...my last party was in December. I am still recuperating from knee replacement surgery but I can very well enjoy the ambiance , people watch and sway to the music in my chair. It will be fun just to see my fishie friends after so long.
 Dovestreasure

1/23/10 WELCOME 2010 LET'S DO IT AGAIN at Rt. 46 in Sanford
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:42:48 PM

Let's hope this party is planned better than the NYE party was!

As a seasoned POF party goer and one who has had the honor of attending parties hosted by these two wonderful hostesses I can assure you that this party will be well executed and fun. They do an amazing job and have established a great relationship with the staff of "The Garage" Happy New Years everyone and may everyone find love in 2010.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 3 (view)

> SATURDAY 01/09/2010, 8:00PM TO 2:00AM
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:39:27 PM
It pains me that I cant make this party, but you know I will be there in spirit and will be thinking about it while under the influence of massive pain killers. Its two days after knee surgery. For the rest of you dropping in on this party thread , you will be giving yourself a treat by attending . It can only make the new year brighter and better. You can be assured that Brenda will be going above and beyond to make sure everyone has a great evening.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 4 (view)

Photos: ~~~My Way Nightclub and Lounge~~~ Lake Mary, Saturday 12/19/09, 8:00pm - closing
Posted: 12/20/2009 10:29:47 PM
You did it again Miss Brenda, you are by far one of the kindest souls I know and was pleased to cohost at your side. Your parties turn out great because they are held out of your sincere efforts for singles to get out and meet one another. What a fun night it was . I loved the atmostphere of the My Way lounge , it was the perfect back drop for a holiday party. We fish took over the place the other private party did not have a chance. From the looks of things it appears that some connections were made too. That warms my heart. The staff of the lounge was quite accomodating . The bar staff said and I am quoting directly" We love plentyoffish , what fun people" I left last night in high spirits and Santas helper and I sang Christmas songs all the way home.

Fantastic job , Fantastic party
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 44 (view)

~~~My Way Nightclub and Lounge~~~ Lake Mary, Saturday 12/19/09, 8:00pm - closing
Posted: 12/19/2009 1:00:34 PM
Woo Hoo tis the night for fun merriment and cheer. I just took another tour of the sign up list and was ever so pleased to see some seasoned party goers coming to join us once again , and was absolutely thrilled to see so many new faces. Please be sure to sign in at the sign up table and get your name tag, if you so desire to wear one. I did want to make a suggestion though. When you do sign up write your screen name as well as your name. I have attended many a party where someone will write to me and say. I talked to this fabulous woman last night , but I cant get in touch , I do not have her screen name do you know it? The ladies will write as well asking about an awesome man she met and would like to reach out too. So my darlin Fishies do not lose out on a possible love connection. Sign in and boldly display those screen names on your name tags too.

See you all later and may everyone find what they seek
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 41 (view)

~~~My Way Nightclub and Lounge~~~ Lake Mary, Saturday 12/19/09, 8:00pm - closing
Posted: 12/18/2009 2:48:33 PM
Hey Ms Chacha It will be great seeing you among us tomorrow night . I am really excited about this party and need my spirits uplifted as only my POF friends can do. I have scanned our sign up list and it looks like My Way lounge will even be more beautiful with all the handsome men and beautiful women signed up. I feel like its Christmas eve already and Santa is bringing us all a wonderful gift. See you all tomorrow .

Dovestreasure
Msg: 167 (view)

Can a smoker get a date with a non smoker?
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:48:49 PM

To Dove: God bless you too. I am sorry for the loss of your father and the terrible way in which he died. I lost an Uncle, who never smoked, to colon cancer and he also suffered a terrible and agonizing death. I lost a cousin, who never smoked, in her 30's to breast cancer (her mother, who never smoked also died in her 40's from breast cancer). Both she and her mother also died horrible deaths. My other cousin (her sister) who also never smoked, died of brain cancer. My point being that none of us knows how or when we will die. I am not denying that I have a terrible habit. I have tried to quit and so far have been unsuccessful. A 48 yr habit is not an easy thing to break. I have had health problems in the past, not related in any way to smoking and have suffered unimaginable pain and prayed to die. Yet, here I am:). I accept the consequences of my actions and only ask not to be verbally attacked by non-smokers. I am not a rude person and ask only that others not be rude to me. These attacks mostly take place outside my workplace when I am taking a break. I wonder what it is about that that invites these remarks? Do people subconsciously think that I am easy prey because I must be polite to the customers? God bless us all and forgive us our transgressions

There is never an excuse to be rude to anyone, and regardless of how I feel about smoking , I would never feel it is within my rights to say hurtful things to someone about a choice they have made for themselves. I have friends who smoke and they have always been respectful around me and other non smokers. I know its so easy for someone who does not smoke to tell someone to quit.We do not know how powerful an addiction it is. I always disapproved of my Dads habit, but knew the decision for him to quit had to come from within himself. He knew it was hurting him, when he was ready he quit.

I think we are better educated now about the hazards of smoking now and it still blows me away when I see kids jumping right in there and lighting up anyway. I tried it once as a young teen, coughed miserably and never tried it again. My best friend tried it the same day as me, reacted the very same and yet became a smoker in time. I often have wondered why some of us seem to have a pre-disposition for smoking and others after trying it say never again.

Just to stay on topic.. I still will not date a smoker .
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 158 (view)

Can a smoker get a date with a non smoker?
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:06:30 PM
I watched my Dad die and agonizing death after being a habitual smoker most of his life. He did eventually quit but the damage that was done was beyond repair. I watched as his quality of life declined and even the most simple acts left him breathless. I watched him lie in bed with machines helping him breathe. I went to the hospital everyday and was told that his organs were all shutting down one day at a time. I sat at his bedside after he passed on and for the first time in years he looked at peace.

So would I date or pursuit a relationship with a smoker NO.. I could not stand to see someone I love ever suffer like this again. I pray with all my heart that smokers that have posted on here somehow find the strength and fortitude to give up such a devastating habit. God bless you all.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2009 9:50:48 PM
Ninety nine fishies are onboard now so I think we will have one hundred or more by time Saturday night comes rolling around. I admit to being a bit confused when I went to my way for the first time. Once you park just walk toward the green awning and peer inside the windows and you will see us all mingling inside. Its a very new place and lovely inside with rich wood paneling, glowing fireplace, high top tables near the dance floor and leather seating near the bar. There are two bars to serve you too. A word of caution for those of you like myself , the rest room with Marilyn Monroe on the door is for the ladies and the one with Frank Sinatra is for the gentleman. Silly me walked right into the mens room ( insert blushing face here)

Show ALL Forums