Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Older men's expectations
 SassyN89178
Msg: 31 (view)

Older men's expectations
Posted: 1/13/2018 11:37:36 AM
why waste your time even responding? unless you're into playing games.
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 2 (view)

Over 60 women
Posted: 11/28/2012 1:30:22 PM
lol, what is with the men over 60 who think a woman in her 30's wants to go out with them? I see more men looking for women who are young enough to be their daughters.
There are 7 women to every man on here because just as in the 'REAL WORLD' women outlive men.
 SassyN89178
Msg: 35 (view)

cruises for singles between 50-65 years of age
Posted: 11/21/2012 7:17:05 PM
check out the vacationstogo.com site....there are cruise ships that lower the rate for single cruisers.
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 50 (view)

Am I asking too much?
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:56:15 PM
Family and friends come first means just that...you're the low man on the totem pole. If you have plans and the family calls to come over to do something, your plans might change.
Spend time with friends and family means that you'll be spending a lot of time with them. So, you like to go out and do stuff? Don't plan on it.
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 60 (view)

To go grey or not?
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:51:20 PM
Geez, coloring your hair means your vain about aging? I've seen lots of makeover shows on The Today show. If the woman has grey hair they always color it. Very few women look good in grey hair.
Men usually seek out younger women to make them feel younger. Oh grasshopper you have a lot to learn.
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 36 (view)

New and Improved at 66?
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:48:06 PM
Botox has been used for years for all sorts of ailments. The Botox that is medically used is not posionous. Botox is used for excessive underarm perspiration, facial ticks, migraines etc.
 SASSYN89178
Msg: 4 (view)

My ex keeps texting
Posted: 1/7/2012 3:25:40 PM
Dont you have your kids phone number? Call them and tell them you're changing your number. GEEZ.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 8 (view)

Gentlemen, how long would you date a woman IF she wouldn't let you kiss her?
Posted: 8/7/2010 10:04:43 PM
As I've said, we've told her it's just a kiss. I think she has some control issues going on. I've told her what I think the problem is, it's the lack of kissing. Unless she thinks kissing is going to lead right to the bedroom. I'm just tired of the same old song.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/7/2010 10:01:54 PM
nope, she's not using the word 'kiss' as a sub for 'sex'. She's always saying how great the date was and then says the guys just a player. She's looking to get married, it says so in her profile, she wants a serious relationship. We've tried to tell her, 'it's just a kiss'. She's got some hang up going on, I guess.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/7/2010 9:58:08 PM
So, if a man is equipment challenged he's willing to wait 'forever'. Sort of like beggars can't be choosy.
This woman wonders why it doesn't go beyond the 2nd date, and she claims she likes these guys so much. I'm just tired of her whining away.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 27 (view)

being persistant - real world vs online
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:37:00 PM
Please don't believe what you see in the movies. I've dated a few men after I got to know them from hanging out with them and their friends in clubs, restaurants etc.
Take dancing lessons, join a co-ed sport, take the emphasis off of dating and get to know women as friends.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 53 (view)

Do you think its sad?
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:33:25 PM
join some meet up groups and go out and do stuff.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 20 (view)

men who stay on POF w/gf, still looking when in a long term relationship
Posted: 8/7/2010 4:30:09 PM
No it's not nice. He's probably also going to bars and picking up women. He's the classic definition of a player.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/7/2010 4:28:22 PM
lol, this is NOT about me.
I know this woman, she's 36, divorced with 2 young children. She says she wants to get married again, and real soon.
She refuses to even kiss a man before the 5 or 6th date. I've told her that I don't know of any man that would go along with that. If I were a man I wouldn't.
What say you?
 sassyn89178
Msg: 41 (view)

Ending date suddenly, should date again?
Posted: 7/29/2010 4:30:21 PM
Ding ding ding, we have a winner, she's either married or living with someone.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 40 (view)

Ending date suddenly, should date again?
Posted: 7/29/2010 4:26:20 PM
Glad you had a 2nd date.
Stop the text messaging you're not 15 yrs old. You have something to tell her, pick up the phone and call her.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 21 (view)

How to meet and date when travel a lot?
Posted: 7/29/2010 4:21:52 PM
Go to www.meetup.com and look for dining, happy hour, dancing etc groups in the San Diego and Washington, DC areas. You'll find lots of activities for singles.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 44 (view)

Is he just not that into me? What is going on?
Posted: 7/29/2010 4:12:31 PM
He's not your type of guy. It's obvious from what you've written that you like someone who is more attentive, he isn't. He tried changing, but went back to his old habits.
This is the way he is. Either accept it or move on. You're not going to change him.
The guy is a bit lazy. You've done most of the driving because you let him get away with not driving. He also let you make the plans. His actions aren't screaming that he's not into you. He's actions are screaming that he's lazy. He doesn't want to drive, he doesn't want to plan anything, it's a lot easier for him to do nothing, because YOU are enabling this behaviour. This is the way he is. If you don't want or like a man this way, then move on NOW! He's not going to change and you're only going to become more annoyed. He's never going to show you that he's crazy about you. It's not in him.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 58 (view)

AARP
Posted: 7/29/2010 4:03:30 PM
I would actually like to see the rest of the questions and the responses.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 40 (view)

Is it fair to me
Posted: 5/17/2010 12:37:12 PM
and yes i was hoping to get laid by him on my birthday and im disappointed that he stopped every ounce of getting laid by me after magically meeting this girl after four days and hoping it works out. but wouldnt anyone want to be someone on special occasions hoping to get something out of it?

I'm really sorry, but you've made yourself a sexual object by saying this. Are you really thinking that by having sex with him, he's going to say, darn she's good and I'm going to stay with her because she's great in bed.
If you continue this behaviour you're only going to get hurt more my him. It seems he has the sense to realize this.
Mature people who are looking for a serious relationship are not interested in having sex with someone on special occasions. That's called getting lucky and being used.
I'm really sorry to say this. Of course SOME men might disagree.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 39 (view)

Is it fair to me
Posted: 5/17/2010 12:32:15 PM
Sorry to say this, but you let him treat you this way. It seems you can't get the message he's saying to you.
Where do you go? You stop all contact with me. If you don't like the way he treats you, then don't allow it.
If you can't get over him, get some professional help. Get busy!! Take a class, do volunteer work, find something worthwhile to distract yourself.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 333 (view)

I have a great looking girl but............
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:16:42 PM
Please never marry a woman and make her have your babies. You're surely to be disappointed with her body after she gives birth.
Can you spell c h a u v i n i s t? Maybe in a few years you'll be over this obsession with her gaining weight.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 42 (view)

I hate his previous girlfriend!!!
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:13:03 PM
Sorry, but he's not sensitive IF he keeps on comparing you to his previous girlfriend. You're not his ex, and it's obvious he's not over her. It might be time for you to take a break from this guy.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 57 (view)

Over 50 W/Youngins, I need Some Hand Holding
Posted: 3/29/2010 4:37:16 PM
Join parents without partners. You're more likely to find women who are interested in dating men with young children than on the internet.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 24 (view)

bf always busy with family...
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:25:25 AM
Since you've met the family. Go pay them a visit, lol, ask them how the sick Uncle is doing.
If he really liked you he would find sometime to see you. Too much texting going on.
People these days using texting as a method to keep someone's interest instead of actually seeing them.
There's a lack of communication going on. Step up to the plate.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 28 (view)

Best Sushi in Las Vegas
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:06:49 AM
yes, there is a great show at the Imperial Palace called Divas Las Vegas with Frank Marino. This show does Cher, Diana Ross, Lady Gaga..etc.
There are plenty of places to eat.
There's a recession going on, you can get some great deals now especially during the week. Don't wait too long because when the weather get's nicer April, May the prices tend to go up.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 26 (view)

That magic mirror....
Posted: 2/21/2010 3:18:26 PM
I laugh to myself, when some of my friends who look older than their age, claim to look younger. I say, okay, whatever you believe. You're right about the magic mirror, you could call it denial.
I see lots of younger people who are really out of shape. I think, geez, you're in your 30's and don't look like you ever watch what you're eating or go for a walk.
If you're happy the way you are, then fine. If not do something about it. Just please don't whine about it to me.
If you're not happy do something to change it.
If someone compliments you, just say thanks. You just might look a lot better than the other people they know.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 33 (view)

I don't want to rush into sex, but she does...
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:16:43 AM
Are you sure this woman is really a woman?

That might be the reason 'she' doesn't want you to do oral on you or have sex with you. You'd better check the panties.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 18 (view)

Tons of numbers, no meetups
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:12:33 AM
Truth09
no,whats funny is how much of an ego you have. Im starting to figure out with this online dating jargon is the more time you waste before trying to meet someone is more time for someone else to come along and take your chance out from under you. Il guarantee both of those guys thought you was blowing them off. If this is the kind of stuff I have to look forward to later on in life then maybe Il be better off single.
=========================================================
lol, you're funny. I have no self esteem issues. I have a healthy ego.
I spent all of 5-15 minutes talking to both of these guys. Not hours or weeks on the phone. I didn't waste that much of their precious time.
I would like to find out something more about the person BEFORE meeting them. You don't do that with a 5 minute phone call. I'm not into meeting to check out the body.
I'm looking for a man with some integrity, a brain, and a sense of humor.
If these guys are so insecure because I did say, that I like to talk to someone 2x before meeting them, it's their issue not mine.
Because they were so impatient, and they have such a long list of women's phone numbers, they may have missed out on a connection.
It seems to be they are very SUPERFICIAL.
To them it's all about what the women look like.
I've gone out with very handsome men, who can't carry on a conversation or are just plain boring. Guess what happens to them? They get dumped.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 15 (view)

Tons of numbers, no meetups
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:13:38 AM
This is funny.
I had 2 guys call me last Friday afternoon within 20 minutes of one another. This was the first phone call for both these 'gentlemen'.
Both men wanted to meet me in 2 hrs. Hello? Do you think I don't have a life?
I told them both I prefer to speak to the man at least 2x before meeting to see if our personalities mesh. Otherwise to me, it's a 'let me see if you look like your pics'.
I haven't heard back from neither of these 'gentlemen'.
I don't think it was too much to ask for another phone convo before meeting. For them to think that I was just sitting around waiting for them to call, is very selfish.
End of story. End of them.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 43 (view)

Texting or Emails Instead of Talking
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:06:13 AM
Guess what?
I've known plenty of married men who date their g/f on Saturday night.

I don't like texting, it's for teenagers. The only time I email someone is when I want to send them an article or picture.

IF these guys resort to texting after you tell them you don't like it, they're really not interested in you.
It's just a game.
They maybe out at a bar etc, and want to look like just everyone else, just texting away.
 sassyn89178

Self-confidence...
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:01:42 AM
Change the 'tape' that is playing in your head. The adrenaline is the fight or flee reaction. After you go thru it once, you tell yourself, gee I made it thru that. The first time is the worst.
You need to change the tape playing in your head. Start being positive and turn off the I don't have any confidence voice.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 15 (view)

two much?
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:55:53 PM
funnyforyou you have hit the nail on the head I am afraid that he is testing me to see if I am mommy material. I know I am but my thing is the kids have mothers I don't believe on stepping on anyone toes. I have no issues with kids but if he is testing me i feel its a bit to early, and I don't want to be attached to a kid and the relationship go no where.
==========================================================
He's in his early 20's with 2 kids from 2 different women? You say his 'kids mothers'.

He sounds like a real catch. NOT!

You're only 19. This guy should be concerned with making a living to support his 2 kids, instead of chasing women.

Move on. He's not the last man on earth.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 7 (view)

When is enough, well, enough?
Posted: 1/21/2010 8:49:48 PM
If you find that this 'someone' is spending all their free time online, that might be a 'red' flag. A person who has no other interests, no friends in the real life etc.......
It's like people who spend all their time on FB, Myspace etc.
This person might actually have a 'socialization' problem.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 12 (view)

When is it the right time to introduce the French Kiss?
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:40:15 PM
Why are we thinking so much about french kissing? Some things can be over 'thunk'. You have to have an 'intellectual' discussion about this? Is it working for you?

Some people can take the fun out of anything by scrutinizing it.

Just do it, and enjoy.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 59 (view)

The 3 Date Rule.. What is it and does anyone follow it?
Posted: 1/18/2010 3:27:49 PM
I suppose a lot of it has to do with how he and I are so anti-norm it ain't even funny. Charisma is a powerful weapon in anyone's arsenal. You all have it, but some of you just neglect to use it.

Nothing like hijacking the thread to promote yourself and your own ideals.
Okay we get it. You're so cool..you're cold.

Doesn't take a lot of work or effort to be popular and charismatic. To some, it just comes naturally. You all have the same tools in your tool kit - you just need to know which tools work best for each occasion.

...something tells me the biggest tool in your tool box is YOU.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my!
 sassyn89178
Msg: 27 (view)

bigg question.
Posted: 1/18/2010 3:23:48 PM
next time make sure you use protection, and she's on the pill. It's too bad they don't make a pill for men.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2010 8:34:29 AM
BIGDADDYJINX,

This is a self imposed "rule" created by women for a purpose...and you can spot them easily enough. They're the ones that use words like "traditional/tradition" or "looking for a REAL man/gentleman". They're not hard to spot at all.

It guarantees them 3 free meals/dates with a chump instead of one. If he's stupid enough, he'll play her game and shell out for the 3 dates/meals and still get little more than a peck on the cheek or a warm hug. Telling him she has a 3 date "rule" ensures that she'll get a longer free ride, nothing more. Most times you'll just get the "I'm not feeling it" speech, or the classic "We could be friends" speech at the end of the 3rd meal/date.

Failing to tell him that "rule" will see one date, an attempt made at some touch, and he's done when she doesn't deliver. Then she has to try and land some other chump. This makes for a night or two where she'd have to fend for herself.

It's just a trigger tactic women use to freeload a little longer than most who don't announce the "rule".

And guys fall for it every time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You truly have one sick sense of humor.
Who would want a free ride with you?
Does sexist pig mean anything to you?
No wonder you're on here.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2010 8:32:23 AM
OP-

The 3 date rule applies to sex and sex only. If you don't put out by the 3rd date, you're history.
Why do some people follow it? Maybe because they think its the only way they'll keep the person interested in them. Insecure people follow the 3 date rule.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 18 (view)

Tattoo.. an issue
Posted: 1/13/2010 8:05:35 PM
Your profile says you're into tats and piercings.

It's his body, he can do with it what he chooses.

Does he know about your last picture with the bra and boobs showing?
 sassyn89178
Msg: 53 (view)

Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?
Posted: 1/13/2010 2:43:39 PM
CALIENTECUTIE
i feel that you need to be comfortable when you meet...i find most men that want to meet you right away ...are looking for sex...i take my time...and if they do not like it...oh well that is life
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with being comfortable in meeting the guy. If he seems to be very opinionated on the phone, you might not want to meet him.
To say that if a man wants to meet you right away, he's only looking for sex is....................................................!!!! Talk about being judgmental and opinionated.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 13 (view)

People looking for relationships when they are going to move soon
Posted: 1/13/2010 2:37:07 PM
This is why you need to communicate exactly what you're looking for. Some people put down anything in their profile.
By asking questions you will find the answers before you think you're falling for them.
Ask!!!!
 sassyn89178
Msg: 44 (view)

Why is there a rush to meet people from online chat and e-mails?
Posted: 1/13/2010 9:36:17 AM
If 60 miles is too far for you, please do us all a favor and tell the man you want someone closer.
If you're the type of woman who decides that it's not going to be a factor because of x,y,z get your priorities straight. Stop the game playing.

The longer you chat with someone before meeting the longer the chance for your expectations to grow and for you to be disappointed.

If you met a guy at the supermarket, you met him in real life first, would you then say, look, I only want to communicate via the phone or email until I get to know you better?
If you're so scared about doing internet dating, then don't do it.
You only give out your cell number, and you meet in a public place. You make sure to tell a friend where you are going to meet Prince Charming. You could also arrange for your friend to call you.
There are plenty of middle aged women who are too shy to meet a man in real life. I've found the same to be true about some men. You find out a whole lot more about the person when meeting in public.
GEEZ!!!
 sassyn89178
Msg: 11 (view)

Advice please: How to end an online dating friendship?
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:33:32 PM
How about I'm just looking to be friends with you?
 sassyn89178
Msg: 81 (view)

Is it enought just letting her know?
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:28:37 PM
OP
i know she has fellings for me too.
===========================================================

If her feeelings of LOVE were for you. She would be with you. Maybe she just likes you but in her brain she knows that the two of you will never work out.
MOVE ON!
 sassyn89178
Msg: 30 (view)

does he want to be with me or does he just want sex
Posted: 12/30/2009 10:23:42 PM
This is going to hurt, but maybe it will stop you from doing this in the future. You were used. He kept calling with one excuse after the other and postponing your dates.
You took a shower with the guy? GEEZ!!!!
You spoke to him for a month and I bet you thought you were having a relationship with him.
What is there to be confused about? He got wanted he wanted from you. Next victim.
You were used, and I'm glad you realize that. Sorry to hurt you, but you need to read some relationship books.
A man who respects a woman doesn't take a shower with her or have sex with her on the first meeting. Good men don't do that.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 10 (view)

role playing
Posted: 12/30/2009 6:06:20 PM
Here's another thought for you-

Have you asked him when he was last checked for STD's, HIV etc?
 sassyn89178
Msg: 19 (view)

Too soon to cohabit?
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:23:39 PM
Seems to me that 1 yr when you're 50 is long enough to decide if you want some type of permanent relationship. Don't people usually decide at one year or less where there relationship is going?
Looks like he only wants a weekend girlfriend. Perhaps she should start to widen her horizons.
 sassyn89178

Am I ready to date?
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:19:11 PM
Decisions, decisions..................
Please realize that every woman that you have great phone with is not going to wind up being your next wife. Women usually fall into this trap.
Every woman you date, is not going to be a long lasting relationship. Some women you might date for a month, some for 6 or more. You never know when a relationship is going to the final extent of being PERMANENT.
Are you mad at your ex, do you resent her, those type of things will tell you whether or not you're ready to date.
Yes, you should have a hobby or do some volunteer work. Look into www.meetup.com, you can find hiking groups, sushi, wine tasting, movie goers club, travel et.
Don't spend 7 hrs on the phone with someone. If you're having a great conversation, keep it to under 30 minutes. Don't get emotionally involved with someone who you have only spoken to on the phone.
 sassyn89178
Msg: 2 (view)

role playing
Posted: 12/30/2009 4:12:08 PM
Instead of thinking up all the what ifs, how, why etc.
Try waiting until you find yourself having sex with him.
This maybe a fantasy that he has in his head but he's yet to find a woman to do it with.
Just tell him you have no clue. Tell him not us, you've never done it before. Share your concerns with him not us.

Show ALL Forums