Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Must not do drugs....?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 332 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:11:20 AM
See, I'm not a big fan of smokers or social drinkers either (just to set the record straight), BUT if it was the right person, I wouldn't have any qualms about dating them, solely based on either of those two factors. Neither of them would compromise my job or my morals.

Now on the other hand, ILLEGAL drugs would do both. Plus, if you're only having a few drinks or cigs, you aren't fu.cked in the head for life.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 174 (view)

women on this site are kidding themselves
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:04:41 AM

why would I possibly want to be with a man who DOESN'T have his shit together?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 323 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 5:18:23 PM

and cigarettes - dont forget the ciggies :P
ohhhhhhhhh but i forgot .... its leeeeegal, ahhhhhhhhhh gimme the good ole days when ya could hop in ya pick up truck and go out and shoot some nig...... oh ... never mind....

My point proven once again...you really CAN'T grow those brain cells back again, can you?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 6 (view)

how to cook minced meat?
Posted: 11/16/2007 4:59:36 PM
According to Looney Spoons on the Food Network, if you're making a moist recipe (such as chili, spaghetti sauce, etc) use extra lean ground beef, or if you're making a dryer recipe such as hamburger patties, use lean (as it will be extremely dry and tough otherwise).
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 319 (view)

Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:04:55 PM

From my understanding, anyone who uses the words "must not do drugs" without any extra info, means "must not do any thing the government calls an illegal drug". That doesn't include coffee or sugar, which are both toxic drugs.

Exactly, I'm not going to risk my job or my morales to date some stinky, fried pothead, methhead, crackhead or anything resembling any of those. I don't want to have conversations about how the pink monkeys are mating with the purple elephants, or how the government has put tracking devices under our fingernails.

And like a few others have said, just because pot is a plant, does not make it any less retarded. Cocaine and heroin both come from plants, and I would treat all with the same disrespect.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 26 (view)

How do you drink your coffee
Posted: 10/30/2007 8:07:42 PM
No, not for me anyways....I don't drink it EVERY DAY like some people do. If I'm not at work, I usually don't have coffee. If your body gets used to being without, you don't NEED it like nicotine or cocaine Besides, I drink it for the taste...
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 1166 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:02:40 PM
New to Calgary as well....living in Airdrie, working in Calgary.

Hoping to meet some great people, even as friends. I wouldn't turn down something more (with the right person), but it's not my foremost goal.

I love the outdoors, relaxing, camping, fishing, or just having a good chat with someone. I work best in small groups, like 2-3 people, but I'm willing to hang out with more, if we all share the same interests.

I'm in protective/emergency services, and looking for people with similar interests.

Oh, and is it just me, or is everyone in this city in hyper speed? No one just seems to enjoy spending time with friends, it's all work, work, work....and then off to volunteer, followed by playing 4 sports and taking care of their kids. Doesn't anyone just like to take a breath now and then?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 71 (view)

Why do men feel the need to bring up sex during your first conversation
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:57:00 PM
"Why do men feel the need to bring up sex during your first conversation"

I WAS JUST WONDERING THAT MYSELF.

Lemme tell ya, it's a real turn-off. SOME men need to think of better discussion topics, or they'll forever be wondering why women give them the cold shoulder.

Even talking about something mundane, like the weather is more intellectually stimulating than the size of their penis, or what sexual position I like best. Save that for the second or third date, at least!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 36 (view)

coping with winter
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:52:45 PM
I hate winter too!

You just have to get out lots, and by "out" I mean out of the house, not just outside. Play hockey or floorhockey.....or some other indoor sport. Start volunteering (the SPCA or Big Brothers/Big Sisters or Scouts Canada are ALWAYS looking), or join a club. Do anything except sit at home, that's just asking for depression.

I'm thinking of getting one of those UV lights, it helps with all the dark hours we have in this province.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 24 (view)

How do you drink your coffee
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:42:45 PM
Large double double from Tims....and only Tims. I can't stand the crap they make at work...isn't even worth the walk across the hallway.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 11 (view)

Carrot Raisin Salad
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:20:58 PM

Grate 7 lbs carrots, 1 box raisins, 1 can of crushed pineapple, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3 cups of mayo, 2 cups of sugar. Mix.

2 CUPS SUGAR!!!! WOW

For 7 lbs of carrots, that's not really all that much.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 5 (view)

Chili vs. Goulash
Posted: 10/14/2007 9:00:28 PM
From the cooking shows I've watched, goulash has whole cubed meat (steak, etc) while chili has ground meat. Mind you that was one show, but I tend to agree with it. Chili is usually a lot spicier than goulash, as well.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 288 (view)

WHY DO MEN RUIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH VIDEO GAMES?
Posted: 10/14/2007 3:53:52 PM
Well, this is a simple one!

As long as there's balance in your life, who cares?! Pick a guy who's mature to begin with, and if he likes to relax with a few hours of PS2, then so be it! If you feel you're being left out, by a second controller and find a comfy spot.

Of course if you missed the first step (finding someone mature) then hit "restart" and find someone else, but don't be afraid to get involved in the fun...who knows, you might actually have a hidden talent in NHL '08.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 4 (view)

plenty of fish is awesome
Posted: 10/3/2007 5:10:00 PM
Sheesh...when's the kid due?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 10 (view)

my pasta always clumps!!!
Posted: 9/8/2007 3:32:31 PM
I second everyone elses suggestions and add my own: DO NOT OVERCOOK PASTA. If your pasta is cooked enough to stick together, it's too well done. Just cook to the "al dente" stage, which is just tender but not soggy. Then, drain as soon as it gets to that stage...leaving it in the pot will only make it stickier.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 8 (view)

Best Cake Variety - Discuss
Posted: 7/26/2007 5:57:47 PM
How 'bout just an ice cream cake...mmmm, Dairy Queen's Blizzard cakes
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 251 (view)

since when does no reply equal racist?
Posted: 7/24/2007 10:31:00 PM
This is just as bad as people messaging me after they noticed that I viewed their profile.

Where does it say I have to message EVERY person I check out? The little thumbnail pics on here don't show a whole lot, and I like to read lots of profiles (people let on more than they think through their own words).

Obviously if I took a look and moved on, there wasn't any interest there. Now that doesn't mean that I'd ignore an email from THEM (if they so wished), but I don't have time to message every single person I viewed.

Maybe if people put more intelligence and creativity in their introductory messages, they might get more responses. Just a thought.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 22 (view)

Best Type of Volunteer Work?
Posted: 7/23/2007 5:39:15 PM
If you're into more male dominated stuff (I tend to be too), try something in Emergency Services. Whether that's the local volunteer fire department (they're ALWAYS looking for new members), St. John's Ambulance (as someone already said), or your local police auxiliary department. Heck, even Scouts might be a good place, if there are single parents bringing their kids to meetings and camping events.

As everyone's said, do it for other reasons than looking for a mate. It's like watching the kettle boil...when you least expect it, you'll meet someone.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 6 (view)

Her name was Vanessa
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:08:19 PM
Wow...I wish I could meet the guy of my dreams on here in less than two weeks, and without a picture on my profile. OP, what are you doing that the rest of us aren't?

I've been on here for almost 4 years, and even though I've met a few bfs, I wouldn't say any of them were the love of my life!!!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 397 (view)

Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 7/17/2007 10:33:44 PM
Nope....that's too big a risk for a just a person. Come on...there's gotta be more eligible people in my own country.

I don't even think I'd change towns or provinces too willingly. And I wouldn't expect it of anyone to move for me either.

Plus, who'd want to leave the best country in the world? That'd be like giving up ice cream for frozen yogourt! lol
 countrycanuck85

Beer Cheese Soup
Posted: 7/17/2007 7:48:11 PM
A little off topic, but

aren't recipes like speed limits ... helpful hints, not absolutes?

how's your insurance rate?

But yeah...recipes can be very flexible. Unlike (sometimes) grumpy traffic members on a hot day. lol
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 33 (view)

Is it bad if finding someone is the #1 priority in your life?
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:18:33 PM
It really all depends on where you are in your life. Last year, after a horrible break up, I decided to put dating on the back burner, and put other, more important things first. I'd only recently graduated college, and finding a good job was very important. So were my friends, and volunteering in the community. I also knew that if I did get a good job, I'd most likely have to move, so finding a mate would feel like tying me down.

Now I have a good job, great friends, community involvement....time to focus on the relationship "leg".

Different times of your life and career will decide when it's right to start seeking. Just don't forget all the other important stuff too, or you'll be without a leg to stand on! lol

(Ok, ok pitiful joke...groan)
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 57 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/16/2007 4:59:42 PM
Diva64: Yep, that's pretty much how it went, but even something that short took about 2 minutes (My grandma and I share the "long winded" gene I think).

Still, that's a little different than not answering AT ALL, as many of you have suggested. If it wasn't important, they most likely wouldn't call. Hence, my phone's staying on and at the ready, date or no date.

And you're right, each person does what they need to do. The very few times my cell phone has rang in such circumstances, I've yet to have anyone chastise me for it. I don't abuse it, and I'm respectful of who I'm with at all times, but to turn your phone off is going overboard.

Plus, many online dating sites have a few warnings posted about bringing a cell phone to meetings (just in case). I'm not going to fiddle around with my phone trying to turn it on, while some meathead is dragging me down a dark alley. I've taken self defense classes, and my instructors always said, expect the unexpected. I'm not paranoid, but hey, this is the Internet. Anything can happen.

Stay safe, ladies.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 2 (view)

I Have Found The One For Me!!!
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:52:55 PM
I'm happy...I've had a few hits here (and definitely a few misses) , so it's nice to see someone with a real good "nibble". Now, I'm off to the lake....think they'll like bacon? Lol
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 54 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/15/2007 10:35:56 PM
If you want an actual (not hypothetical) event to discuss, try this one on for size:

I was on a recent date, in which driving 3 hours was involved. My phone rings, as the guy and I are deciding what to do, and it is my grandma (my surrogate mother). Now, since I'd just left her place to go to said date, I could've just ignored the call (as maybe I'd forgotten something there, or something else mundane). Instead, I answer it, and she's worried that I would be driving through a tornado (she'd heard the tornado watch on the radio). Now, if I hadn't answered, I'd have given a 76 year old woman an aneurysm.

What would you have done?

(And just so you know, my date didn't run screaming or have a screaming fit as I can imagine many of you doing.)

How do you know what the other person is calling about? It might just be something run of the mill, or actually something important. People in Canada have a tendency to worry about their friends in the winter, for example, and call to either tell each other about road closures, or even just to make sure they got there alive. Maybe it's a cultural thing....

(Oh, and just so you know....a police officer might have "days off" but are always on call...just another perk of being a civil servant.)
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 53 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/15/2007 10:20:50 PM

If it was a first date, it could be possible that he told his buddy to call just incase the date wasn't going well and he wanted a quick out. If he didn't take that out, I would take that as a bonus.

That's a great way of looking at it.

Plus, a guy who takes time out to talk to his friends will take time out of being with them to talk to you, when you call.

People seriously need to take a chill pill here...I'd consider someone being late, or not showing up at all to be much worse. Or what really pisses me off? When people just leave an IM or MSN conversation without saying BRB or explaining themselves.

At least if the person answers their cell phone, they *should* say "Sorry, I have to take this" or " Excuse me", you know they're going to be unavailable for a moment. Online, you haven't a clue if they died at the comp, or went out shopping or what!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 35 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/14/2007 9:54:39 AM
Wow, some people sure get insulted over nothing. That's just my opinion.

When I'm out with my friends, we often MAKE calls, not only receive them. If we're hanging out waiting for a movie to start, we'll usually try to round up more people with our phones, or if we have significant others, tell them when we'll be back or whatever. I'd hate to have friends that were so controlling they wouldn't let me answer a call. I could see if the call was dragging on and on, but a 5-10 minute call is acceptable, even normal. And again, depending on where you're at on a date, I could see it being acceptable too (5-10 minutes MAX).

And I've had dates where the guy got up (to order coffee, use the washroom, etc) and ended up talking to the server (at a Tim Horton's for example) or someone else he knew for a short period of time. I didn't mind in the least, as long as it wasn't an hour or something (my coffee might get cold! )

Now, I could see how a phone (cell or otherwise) would be annoying in bed...that's where the other person is SUPPOSED to be devoting his attention to you. A restaurant, coffee shop or park is a public place, which is a much different story.

Just my two cents.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 27 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:12:03 PM

If a guy's gonna yak to friends while on a date with me, he might as well just date the friends.

Aren't people supposed to call their significant other's a friend?...Funny thing, my parent's have been married for 23 years, and they still say they married their best friend. Now why would you treat a "date" like anything other than a friend?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 26 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:09:21 PM
Sheesh, it was 5 minutes people!!! Does that mean that if he'd talked to the waitress for more than 5 minutes, you would've been insulted too?

If he's anything like me, that IS a short call. Maybe he would've normally talked to the person for half an hour, but because there was a sweetheart sitting across from him, he cut it short. Also, sometimes it's hard to get people off the phone, and they just won't take no for an answer.

Now if someone was late or didn't show up for a date or a meeting, THAT would be rude.

I think there's a lot more to be worried about than someone carrying a cell phone, and answering it. Just because you're with someone, doesn't mean you have to cut everyone else out of your life. Not to say I'd spend the entire time (or more than 5 minutes) on the phone with someone else, but I'm certainly not going to insult my friends by ignoring them.

(And for whoever mentioned a payphone, how many times have you called someone's house with something important to ask them, but they weren't home, and you said, "Dang, I wish they had a cell phone, this is important!" Well, that's what cell phones were invented for. How do you know they're on a date?)
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 199 (view)

Finding out what you do for a living ceases conversation......
Posted: 7/13/2007 8:08:19 PM
Pardon me... but what exactly did you "investigate"?

I could just see ya standing on someone's doorstep with a swab..."Hi there, we've had reports of VD in the neighborhood, do ya mind if I step in?"

LMAO....sorry, we shouldn't be poking fun at a state employee...someone's gotta do it, right?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 73 (view)

What is wrong withnot drinking
Posted: 7/13/2007 7:43:26 PM

I have NO problem dating someone who doesn't drink. I don't drink often at all, and would rather be with someone who is the same way. My last boyfriend drank way too often. He couldn't handle daily life and its stress without a mind altering substance of some type.

What he/she said.

Plus, if you don't want to drink, she'll always have a DD! I'd love to meet a guy who didn't drink (or at least didn't drink very often). My ex (who's on here) drinks like a fish. I can't understand why people constantly need to be drunk to enjoy themselves. I'm no prude, but I CAN have a good time sober...and like the OP said, I can be just as much fun sober as drunk (AND I HAVE THE PICS TO PROVE IT LOL).

Time to find another gal maybe, OP. One who respects your choices, and doesn't "feel guilty" for making her own.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 18 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/13/2007 7:10:24 PM

To me, it should feel about the same as going out with a friend, but with more chemistry. I'd never tell my friends to shut off their cell phones because they are out with me doing something. I wouldn't demand it of a date either.

I'm with this guy...I'm never that uptight with a friend, why should a "date" be any different?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 17 (view)

Cell phone on a date....
Posted: 7/13/2007 7:06:43 PM
Well, it would definitely depend WHERE the date was at. Obviously if you're in the movie theatre, or at an extremely posh restaurant, that would be rude.

If you're just meeting for a meal at Boston Pizza, or a coffee at a coffee shop, then who cares? It's just a casual meeting then, and doesn't hold any more merit than meeting with any friend, who just happens to be of the opposite gender. Would you make as big of a deal about it if you're just out with a girlfriend?

Plus, if it was only five minutes, it wasn't like he was completely ignoring or forgetting about you. Maybe he'd been waiting to talk to that person all week (I know people who work in the oil patch, where there's no reception until they get home), and it was important.

Cell phones are a part of today's society...for some people it is their lifeline. Sure, I turn it off in the movie theatre, or if I'm in a training session, but not for a quick meeting with a friend or two. Oh, and plus, if my "future" boyfriend made a big deal about me using it (note, not abusing it) while I was with him, I'd definitely wonder how he'd react to me spending time with my friends (who're probably the ones calling!)
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 191 (view)

Finding out what you do for a living ceases conversation......
Posted: 7/13/2007 6:51:54 PM
I'm a municipal employee...someone's gotta take care of the animals and parking problems, right? Plus, as long as we have people who disrespect each other, I'll have a nice stable job...

Now as to what the other person does, I don't care, as long as it's legal. If they needed to get a criminal record check to do the job, even better! What does it matter if you drive a garbage truck, flip burgers (as long as that's not your life goal ), or embalm bodies? As long as you're mature, responsible, and not crazy, you should make someone a good mate!
 countrycanuck85

Live Earth Concerts
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:00:59 PM
Oops...I just scrolled up and found another post similar to mine. Sorry. At least it shows that I'm not the only one with these opinions.
 countrycanuck85

Live Earth Concerts
Posted: 7/9/2007 7:58:11 PM
Did the whole thing seem hypocritical to anyone else?

SURE, it gets out the message, but how much pollution and waste was actually CAUSED by the whole Live Earth thing?

First, all of the performers had to actually get to the locations. Most probably flew, while others probably had their entourage with them, including trailers, buses and vans. Professional artists can NEVER be without their makeup people, hair people, managers, producers, manicurists, and dog groomers, right?

Then, there's the actual performances. Each one probably used up a small city worth of power, for the lights, the amps, and the speakers and mics. Now multiply that by the eight different countries holding the event. I wonder how much coal/hydro was used in total, not to mention the waste coming from those power plants?

I think it's great that people want to spread the message, but having a worldwide concert just seems kind of wasteful, for all the good it does. Maybe an international "Conserve energy by shutting off your TV or radio day" would be more appropriate. Just my two cents.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 28 (view)

User Names - Attract Or Repulse?
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:28:02 PM
Like someone else said, you can really see the level of a person's maturity. I won't contact anyone with "420" in their name. How old are ya? 15?
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 62 (view)

q for the guys--Tattoos on women--yes or no?
Posted: 6/25/2007 6:58:43 PM
Who says women have to be the stereotypical "feminine"? I can be feminine without wearing pink, red or ruffles. I can be just as girly with a tattoo, board shorts and a tshirt! It's all about attitude, people. Being feminine is just a mindset, just like being confident. Girly girls have a tendency to being stuck up (or so I've been told). It's the down to earth girls who are attractive, tattoos or not.

Oh, and as a woman, you don't even need to give birth to feel pain...there's this lovely little symptom that comes around every month called CRAMPS. I'd rather have tattoo pain over cramp pain any day!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 16 (view)

Cinnabons - The only thing I found palatable in the US....
Posted: 6/25/2007 6:49:02 PM
Cinnabon is great, but you know what I REALLY miss?

Cinnabon popcorn that Redenbacher's used to make!!! I can't find it anywhere, here in Canada anyways. Safeway and Walmart used to both carry it, but I think it was discontinued. That stuff was SOOOO addictive!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 6/24/2007 10:42:37 PM

fu*k yea, Im from new zealand and I have a couple and think that it adds character. infact if more peopl werent so up tight then I would probably have more and live alot harder!!!
whats up with society people?????????????????
tattoos dont define who we are they are just an expression.

EXACTLY...I like to think of mine as a favorite shirt that I never have to take off (course it's not as big as a shirt, but you know what I mean)....it shows people what is really important to me on the inside, on the outside. That's all. No one forced me to get it, I know it's permanent which is great (I sure hope so...$150 bucks doesn't grow on trees!), and most importantly, I'm proud of my ink. I might get more in the future, but only when I come up with something this great again.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 803 (view)

can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 6/24/2007 7:05:49 PM
DEFINITELY NOT. I can't stand anyone who uses illegal drugs....my job and my life are too important to throw it away on someone elses IDIOTIC choices.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 6/24/2007 10:28:18 AM
I feel that tattoos are a personal choice, and I'd never ask the question that the OP did. I like mine (pic in profile), and if someone had something negative to say about it, they can go eff themselves. I was wise in picking my choice of tattoo (I drew in in Grade 11, but didn't get it until just recently). I chose something that signified my heritage, which will never change. Sure some people make decisions they regret, but who doesn't? If people didn't regret the things they do, we wouldn't have a divorce rate of ~50%!

And as for the people who judge on here, take the time to get to know the person first. Sure they may resemble a stereotypical "biker" or a "prostitute", but maybe they just like the look of tattoos. Tattoos have been around for centuries...you have not. Do the math.

For the person who was worried about Hep C, smart people go to tattoo artists who actually CLEAN their autoclave and other equipment. Here in Alberta, the government will actually come and inspect the cleanliness by actually taking bacterial swabs. Just look for the proof of the government test when you go to your artist and you'll be fine.

In this day of equality, where women and men can work at the same job, drive cars, manage companies and set records, who is to say they can't have a tattoo or two? If you don't like the look, move on!!! It's no different with race, or a particular type of girl....if you don't like "bar stars" you wouldn't hesitate to pass on that one, well just pass on this one if you're that shallow.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 67 (view)

Would You Disown Members of Your Family??
Posted: 6/20/2007 8:29:59 PM
I'd LOVE to disown my great grandma...she's just psycho! I called my house (she lives with my grandma, who raised me), and she picked up the phone and hung up!!! She also tells us how to eat, what to wear and how to talk. All, because she thinks that she runs our house, and because she pays rent, that she should be able to tell us what to do every waking moment. I've actually threatened to wrap her up, put a bow on her and leave her on the doorstep of the old folks home!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 334 (view)

new non smoking laws July 2007
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:28:25 PM

The police have announced that they are behind the required amount of prosecutions as set out by the government. Now, how are they going to catch up - by doing some proper police work and chasing down the burglars, rapists, kiddy-fiddlers, murderers, etc?

For those bashing the police, perhaps think first. I know in most countries, police don't enforce smoking laws, there are other departments for that, leaving the police to chase after "burglars, rapists, kiddy-fiddlers, and murderers". Usually bylaw officers or city ordinance officers enforce the "petty" crimes like parking and smoking laws. Get your facts straight before lumping everyone together.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 61 (view)

Things to make with spam
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:07:34 PM
I'm with everyone else....EWWWW Spam. Reminds me of being poor growing up....my grandma used to fry that shit and serve it.

Wanna know the best way to eat Spam? First....."unwrap" the can and turn onto a paper plate. Got that? Great....now, take the entire works and dump it in the garbage can. Now, run down to the supermarket and buy a sirloin steak for the same price you just paid for the can of Spam....might only be one serving, but at least it won't look the same going in as coming out!
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 29 (view)

What do you put on potatoes???
Posted: 6/13/2007 4:42:07 PM
Fries = KETCHUP! Usually a ton of it....oh, and poutine is orgasmic. Cheese curds, gravy and vinegar...mmmmmm
Baked =sour cream, green onions and a TON of bacon bits
Mashed=gravy, butter, or Peppercorn Ranch dressing
Hash Browns=Did I mention I love ketchup? Dill or green onion tops are good too
Skins=Canadian cheddar, sour cream, green onions, and bacon bits....or even ham
Stuffed=See above
Smothered=nothing
Potato Soup=Ewwwww....gross. I like to be able to chew my food, not slurp it! Maybe I'll save this one til I get dentures.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 23 (view)

Dating a Smoker
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:07:16 PM
Best way to get over it? Try smoking a bit yourself...maybe a couple days at most. It really helps you adjust to the smell. And afterwards, it won't bother you half as much (I've tried this, it works....and no long term effects either).

Also, maybe have a chat with him/her and tell him that it does bother you a bit. Hopefully, they will be more understanding, and open a window or go outside to have a smoke.

It doesn't need to be a big deal unless you want it to be. If you like them, and it's meant to be, it WILL be worth it.
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 23 (view)

BPD help
Posted: 5/24/2007 10:24:12 PM
I guess I have some input here...my ex has BPD.

Like someone else said, hang on, it's a friggin bumpy ride.....don't for get the bomb diffusal suit!

In all seriousness, PLEASE get out if you can take it no longer. I stayed in that relationship WAYYYY too long, and it DOES leave scars. He had been to Alberta Hospital Ponoka, on every med related to depression, counseling, group therapy, and NOTHING worked. Sure, it made it better, the way a bandaid helps, but in the end he just ended up hurting both of us.

Have fun while it lasts, but don't let another's depression and mood swings effect you. And most importantly, DON'T become her therapist. Trust me, it gets old REAL fast.
 countrycanuck85

eat well and still lose weight
Posted: 5/23/2007 7:37:20 PM
Another way to "eat well and still lose weight " is to EXERCISE.

Doesn't matter what or how much you're putting in, it's all in what you take out (or burn off, in this case).
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 12 (view)

You want gas? Give me an arm and a leg!
Posted: 5/21/2007 9:04:34 AM
wndmanitou: They tried that....doesn't work. People just need gas too much, because they're too lazy to do the other things you suggested (walk, bike, etc). Or in some cases, that's not feasible, I used to work an hour away from home.....no bus route, and it would've taken me at least 4 hours by bike or walking.

People just shouldn't complain so much.....try living in Alberta where we produce/refine most of the fossil fuels that supply the western world. We're paying more than the fellow from Texas who posted! It was $121.9 a liter here on Friday, and I doubt if it's gotten any better. I think everyone should just compensate....if you absolutely HAVE to drive to work, eat out less until the gas prices go down, or stop buying movies or other unnecessary items. Sure it sucks.....but there's way more important things to whine about. I'm sure the folks in Ethiopia would LOVE to have such a trivial complaint!

Show ALL Forums