Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Plenty of Fakes
 calisparkle
Msg: 21 (view)

Plenty of Fakes
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:58:18 PM
I would never meet a guy with "69" in his name. Really.
 calisparkle
Msg: 16 (view)

Too fast or just be straight?
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:36:37 PM
Just be honest with her. One day, you may want someone to be the same to you.
 calisparkle
Msg: 82 (view)

i want out of this alcoholic nightmare
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:33:25 PM
All i can say is develop an intolerance for drinking. I would have run away in the beginning because I could not respect someone who does that.
 calisparkle
Msg: 35 (view)

An unhealthy reason for wanting to be in a relationship....
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:31:44 PM
Better answers than the one who runs away at the mere mention of the word "relationship."
 calisparkle
Msg: 140 (view)

Find many man do not how to kiss. Do we need a kissing school?
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:30:34 PM
I guess everyone has their own preferences, style of kissing, included. To me regarding what I prefer, some men know how to kiss and some don't.
 calisparkle
Msg: 18 (view)

Advice on unusual dating style
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:26:17 PM
Ditto, I feel the same way.
 calisparkle
Msg: 14 (view)

Questions for women.
Posted: 9/28/2007 8:17:29 PM
Yes, I agree it's easier in college. I met my ex in college, and haven't met a guy for a serious relationship since.

Any man who has ever married me, been in a relationship with me, or dated me has approached me first. I feel that if he has the guts to do that, then he is interested in me (although that's not always the case). If i approached a man, i would never know if he went out with me out of curiosity, because he had nothing else to do, or just wanted a one-night stand. At least if he approaches me first, there seems to be a better chance that he is attracted to me.

I might be old-fashioned in that way, but there are young women too who feel it's the man's job to initiate the relationship. And some of us are not the flirty type, or are somewhat shy at first, so we don't usually come on to men. The downside to this is that the men who do approach us are the types who practice this, and come on to women all the time.
 calisparkle
Msg: 135 (view)

Will men go down while u r menstruating, will u let him?
Posted: 9/16/2007 9:41:31 PM
Men do do it and that's great! Remember, repeat everyone what the previous poster asked!
 calisparkle
Msg: 26 (view)

Buy me dinner, owe me sex.
Posted: 9/16/2007 8:50:09 PM
I have a hard and fast rule: I will show no man where i live or my home phone number until i know where he lives and his home phone number (and more than that about him). Period. No exceptions. Sorry men, this may not seem fair, but I am a single woman and my teenage boys are not always home. Plus, even tho one is grown and one is nearly grown, they are still my babies and couldn't protect any of us against a gun. At least if i went to his place, i would only be endangering myself and not my kids. A stranger could be ANYONE. It takes time to know someone. Phone conversations, chatting, and email mean nothing. I draw no conclusions about anyone until after we have met in person.

Also, before going to dinner, i let it be known that it is only dinner, and that i'm looking for a long-term relationship, not a fling or one-night stand. I put all the cards on the table. That's just how i am.
 calisparkle
Msg: 24 (view)

Is he two timing me?
Posted: 9/16/2007 8:32:29 PM
This is exactly why i wouldn't have sex with someone if i didn't even know where he lives and have his home phone number. Chances are

* he's married
* he has a girlfriend(s)
* he just wants sex
* he wouldn't dare bring me around his family or friends

He could be ANYONE! In my mind, if i am having sex with someone, i have a right to know his home phone number or where he lives, at the very least. So.....if he can't bring me home and let me spend the night, no sex! Sure, i may be wrong about some guy who rents a room from a family where it wouldn't be right for him to bring a woman home, but that's the chance i'll take to be sure i know who i am with. And yes, i'm one of those women who doesn't bring men home. when i have a relationship that's going somewhere, that's when that will happen.
 calisparkle
Msg: 75 (view)

A message from God? Or not?
Posted: 8/30/2007 7:38:34 PM
I agree with Fusion. Some people believe that voice inside you (your thoughts, intuition, etc.) is the voice of God or Spirit or something related. Who cares who told him? Be glad he was honest with you and told you that you were not the one instead of just using you without telling you that. and that means, of course, that he's not the one for YOU. so go find the one for you. You deserve it!
 calisparkle
Msg: 161 (view)

Call me when you want to get laid!!
Posted: 8/25/2007 11:57:51 PM
Hack,
do you ask a woman out for that same night or do you make plans to get together at least a few days later? I don't care for it when a guy calls and asks me out for that night. I will always say no. Makes it look like i'm not even important enough to schedule a date in his calendar. Just seems disrespectful to me, and that maybe his plans fell through at the last moment and suddenly he's bored and needs something to do.

Of course, all that doesn't apply with a bf or someone you know well.
 calisparkle
Msg: 1606 (view)

Why men wont date independant women
Posted: 8/25/2007 11:45:45 PM
Sunshine,

Wow, look at them dumping on you! I understand very well what you mean. This is the way I see it: If I could achieve the things I have while being the main caretaker of my kids when they were growing up (and i had my first child at age 19 and my youngest one now who's almost 17), then why can't a man who usually only has to worry about his job? I don't understand why some people, who have never even had kids, have nothing to show for their lives. Maybe it's not important to them, and i'm not judging anyone; I'm simply thinking that those people are probably very different from me. Similar values and character are extremely important in finding a compatible partner. I see nothing wrong with expecting a partner to have done something with his/her life .

Independent to me means "responsible." It means doing what you have to do to make it in this life, both financially and otherwise. I'm an independent woman. I work a 40 hour week, but other than that I have plenty of time to do whatever I want to do. So this business about independent women being too busy? What's that all about? That does not describe all of us. I want someone who works, has good credit, is a basically responsible, mature individual. I have worked hard for what I have even tho it's not much, but i am by no means a workaholic or anything like that. I am going to meet this mature responsible person so we can share what we have with each other, take care of each other, make life a little easier for each other.

You're right about those guys who "want to move in with you right away," that is a HUGE RED FLAG! Turns me off immediately. I want someone who wants me for WHO i am and not WHAT i have. If he has his own place (that doesn't mean he has to own it), then at least i can surmise he isn't looking for someone to "live with" for awhile until he finds the "right one." People do all kinds of things that they probably wouldn't do if they could take care of themselves financially, including living with someone solely because they cannot afford to make it on their own. I'd just rather not take that chance.
 calisparkle
Msg: 13 (view)

personality,,,looks,,, qualities,,and is it wrong to expect all of these in your realationships.
Posted: 8/25/2007 10:36:34 PM
It is NOT wrong to expect the best for yourself. People are attracted to those similar to themselves regarding looks, values, etc. I only expect to find someone who can offer what I can. I can take care of myself (financially and otherwise) and am an honest, good person; so that's what I expect to find in a partner.

If you settle for someone who is not who you want, it's not fair to either of you. It won't last.
 calisparkle
Msg: 33 (view)

I don't like your dogs, we can't talk....ever heard it?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:32:41 PM
i have a new rescue pit bull (my very first dog as an adult, well, she's my son's)--she is eight months old and boy is she a lover. We've had her 2 1/2 months or so. she loves everyone! she just wants to lick everyone and touch everyone. We put our hands in her mouth, pull her ears, her tail, pick her up, do anything to her and she doesn't care. She only cares that she is being loved and touched. The dog trainer absolutely loves her and points out to the other people in class what a sweetheart she is. I swear! i grew up with a german shepherd, but pit bulls are much more loving. Also, they hardly ever bark and leave no fur around the house.

My son also has had a pit bull for eight years and she's the same way. They would never, ever hurt anyone. They even let babies crawl all over them.

Pit bulls rock!
 calisparkle
Msg: 112 (view)

why do men run away?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:27:02 PM
Yeah, but i would have to know someone a year or two before I would marry him. Wait two years? I don't think so. In the days when they did this, people married rather quickly, so the waiting time was not much. But these days, i would probably never marry anyone i haven't known for two years. You can't know someone, not really, in a matter of months.
 calisparkle
Msg: 111 (view)

why do men run away?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:24:46 PM
they run away because they don't care and don't have the guts to say so (aka coward). it's that simple. Don't waste a precious minute on these types. Running away = don't care. That's the answer. So get on with bigger and better things. No answer is your answer.
 calisparkle
Msg: 12 (view)

sick of the Drama?
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:18:28 PM
I really want to know why i read in many guys' profiles that they want a woman w/o drama. Seriously, from my experience and from what i read in the forums, it is the guys who are the drama........playing games, saying one thing and doing another, i could go on and on (i won't even get into about the ones with addictions, the partiers). and here the women are just looking for an honest relationship with an honest, stable, responsible man. yet all they find is drama.

Who has the drama?

now don't forget to read.....i said from my experience and from the forums. Of course i don't mean all guys, there are great men and women out there, so don't bring on the drama.
 calisparkle
Msg: 84 (view)

Dogs in the bed
Posted: 8/5/2007 10:10:34 PM
I have had my very first dog (as an adult) for a couple of months now. Well, my son does. It is his dog. Still, I never thought i would have a dog in my house. My ex didn't like animals. Not that I don't like them and they always love me.

However, my dog has short fur and there is never any dog hair around, at least not that's visible to the naked eye.

Sometimes, if my son spends the night elsewhere, the dog does sleep in my bedroom. But the dog is never allowed on furniture or beds. No exception! And it would feel rather weird to have a man in my bedroom AND a dog. jmo Dogs can also go outside. It's good for them.
 calisparkle
Msg: 30 (view)

dumped again! whats wrong with me?
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:57:59 AM

"Alot of folks with emotional problems don't think they have a problem. "

Likewise, a lot of folks who see others as having emotional problems cannot even admit to their own, much deeper, emotional problems. the same goes regarding baggage. It's all a matter of the perception of each individual, isn't it?

Ever hear of the biblical saying, Take the log out of your own eye before seeing the speck in another's?
 calisparkle
Msg: 71 (view)

Marriage vs. Living Together - your views and why?
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:50:31 AM
" If you want to get married so badly, and you want it to be to the right guy, I would think you're far better off searching for him yourself rather than hoping he's amongst the men that actually approach YOU "

Tiger, i think there is a lot of truth in that. I only give time to the men that approach me. These might be the outgoing "players" who are very well rehearsed because they do it so much. It doesn't seem to be working.

Hmm, but how to become a woman who approaches men????
 calisparkle
Msg: 56 (view)

Is one hour too long to travel so u can meet someone?
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:39:44 AM
Robbie60,

I have NEVER given my address or home phone number before meeting someone. a home phone number can give him your address and other personal information. I only give out my cell number.

Only once did i invite someone to my home, and that was after five dates. it was the first and only time he visited me because even after that i learned he wanted to date other women and be sexual with me. I don't think so! He never got past 2nd base.
 calisparkle
Msg: 55 (view)

Is one hour too long to travel so u can meet someone?
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:34:28 AM
This is how I see it: If a guy does not suggest, in the beginning, meeting me half way or coming all the way to me, there will be no date.

Now, i think i want them to come to me because they usually ending up wanting something other than what they stated, so why waste MY time? Still, i would probably meet half way. It's only fair, and i am a fair-minded person.

Trust me, a gentleman will come to where you are (to a public place) if he is really interested. It doesn't matter whether you have a car or not. I have had plenty of men do just that. And take me out to dinner. There are men with class, even on dating sites.
 calisparkle
Msg: 28 (view)

sex, guys and idiots
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:27:29 AM
OP, there's nothing wrong with you. I remember not getting past the first date many times. Now i don't even usually get to the first date because i ask many questions and figure out pretty quickly what they're after. It's not usually what I am after. But I can be pretty blunt in asking questions and usually the guys will say what they want. If not, then i can generally tell pretty quickly before meeting.

Anyway, dating a guy who lives more than an hour away--what good would that do? Would you ever really know him well enough, see him enough, to know who he really is? what he's doing at home? plus, long distance is just a hassle.

anyway, online guys are often like that one you dated. I think you would fare better on a paid dating site. but who wants to pay to find a date? lol Myself, i have had enough of good-looking guys....i want one with a heart.

btw, i read your entire post (some people actually enjoy reading), and some people do care.

just screen more carefully, ask about tattoos and what they are of. the guys will usually tell you. sometimes you just have to read between the lines. Good luck to you!
 calisparkle

dumped again! whats wrong with me?
Posted: 7/14/2007 6:32:31 PM
"It doesn't make sense, any average and better looking woman gets email just about every day from different men, and they are still not finding a man?? They just are serial daters, NEXT....NEXT.....NEXT and NEXT."

Wow, what a comment! Do you really think it's easy for a women to find a decent man among her many messages? Well, it isn't, unless the woman is just looking for sex. Besides, age is a consideration also, as well as finding someone who lives close enough to have a relationship with, among MANY other things.

Think again.
 calisparkle
Msg: 69 (view)

Marriage vs. Living Together - your views and why?
Posted: 7/14/2007 6:20:30 PM
"living together is what people do until something better comes along . . ."

Exactly.

Men have told me that they want someone to live with to cook, clean, and take care of all the domestic problems that come in life.

I think if a man loves a woman, and marriage is important to her, he will marry her or risk losing her to someone who will. Is he afraid of losing financially? Well, then get a prenuptial agreement. Does he not believe in marriage anymore? Who wants a negative person like that in her life? If someone does not believe marriage will work, then it won't AND neither will the relationship.
JMO
 calisparkle
Msg: 680 (view)

Cheating- can you forgive?
Posted: 7/14/2007 5:55:30 PM
"The person was not trying to humiliate or punish or in any other way hurt their partner."

Are you for real????? Of course the cheating partners knows, in most circumstances, that cheating would humiliate and hurt the partner. The only exception to that I can see is if a couple agrees to both have an open relationship. But if fidelity is expected, then of course it will hurt, demean, disrespect. It is utter disrespect! Affairs don't just happen; they start in the mind, just like everything else in life. They start by thinking there's nothing wrong with it, by justifying it, etc.

what i don't understand about these cowards is this: why do they think it's ok for them to cheat, but do not tell the partner so he/she can also cheat? why are they the only ones who can have an additional partner(s), but the first partner can't? This is not fair. It's also not fair to take away the choices of one who knows he/she would not stay in a relationship like that if he/she knew.
 calisparkle
Msg: 163 (view)

since when does no reply equal racist?
Posted: 7/7/2007 2:14:19 PM
"No reply" NEVER means racist. Huh?????
 calisparkle
Msg: 76 (view)

How older a guy should be?
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:29:54 PM
My question regarding age is this:

Why do men try to convince me i should go for someone older, 10-20 years, yet they would NEVER go for an older women for a serious relationship?

Don't men get it? I think the same way as they do, except am more open because actually i would go for someone up to 10 years older, yet they never would.

Not gonna date my daddy. I'm not attracted to someone who could be my father.

javascript:smilie('')
 calisparkle

Am I losing my mind?
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:16:22 PM
I don't think it's very smart to move in with ANYONE after a few months.....you can't really know who he is, especially if you haven't spent a lot of time at his place, with his family, etc. Think about it--anyone can fool someone for a short time, with distance between them. And no way to call you? BS. If you are a successful woman, then i don't understand why you would move in with someone you hardly know.
 calisparkle
Msg: 1506 (view)

Why men wont date independant women
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:10:32 PM
"when a woman "makes" it on her own, she gets to choose what she allows in her life."

Exactly! That's how i define independent. I would love a man in my life, but only one who treats me well--the way in which i'm accustomed. That only means a man who is polite, respectful, knows how to speak without four letter words, responsible, and honest.

Yes, i can take care of myself financially (though it's not easy), and don't need a man for that. Am i independent? I believe I am, but that doesn't mean i don't want someone to share life with, someone to lean on, as he can on me.

Of course, some men have told me that it's harder that way, as I would not pick up and move in with him right away, lol, because i don't NEED a place to stay. But i wouldn't do that anyway.
 calisparkle
Msg: 123 (view)

Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 7/4/2007 9:30:23 PM
After being married 20 years of my adult life, i have been alone now for close to 6 years. But you know what? Now i am accustomed to it. I realize i like my alone time, but wish i had someone to share some of it.

Now, i am working on myself. I am working to become a healthier, more positive person. I am working on KNOWING, not just believing, not just hoping, but really KNOWING there is a wonderful man perfect for me. i am going to think it, write it, meditate on it until i absolutely do (KNOW) it.

I NEVER say NEVER. After all, all things are possible; this i have always believed. However, now i am going to KNOW IT.
 calisparkle
Msg: 5 (view)

? for women: Does increasing muscle tone make a man who is not fat much better looking?
Posted: 7/3/2007 10:47:58 PM
Doesn't matter to me, as long as he's healthy. I'm sure it looks better, but it wouldn't change my opinion or make me seek more after a man who is more muscular. Besides, too thin, bony, even too muscular can be rather uncomfortable, if you know what i mean.
 calisparkle

dating, long term, friends
Posted: 7/3/2007 10:44:10 PM
"For me, the thing is is that no matter what you might "think" you are looking for..it's doesn't always determine what you find."

Of course not. It's what you are looking for. You never know when you will find it, or with who. It lets someone know you do want what you are looking for, and maybe nothing less will do. For instance, someone looking for long-term may not settle for a casual relationship.

OP: I look for long-term guys, because that is what i want. Of course you have to date first before you know if it will become long-term. That's a given. To me, long-term means someone is looking for a serious, monogamous relationship. All the other categories, to mean, mean something other than that. From what guys tell me, dating is just looking for casual sex partners, FWB, multiple partners. Is this true?
 calisparkle
Msg: 12 (view)

Like A Job Interview
Posted: 7/3/2007 10:02:17 PM
They ask questions because they have their own views of who is and who isn't acceptable, just like everyone else. They are fishing for information before they waste their time/money on someone. I like to know as much as I can also; my time is valuable. Plus, i like to make sure the guy is someone suitable because if you meet him once, and not again, often the guy is mad at me! I don't want to waste my or anyone else's time.

They probably want to know if you've met other men on POF to find out if you are easy or not. The right answer depends on what he's looking for.

Many people think if someone's been divorced once or more it's a bad sign. Like the ones who aren't divorced haven't had relationships that have not worked out! Probably more than a divorced person, that's for sure.

so, if you have nothing to hide, answer the questions. if you are offended, maybe it's because you don't like the guy much anyway.
 calisparkle
Msg: 20 (view)

do i have a right?
Posted: 7/3/2007 9:53:59 PM
You have every right. What you have to ask yourself is, "Is it worth the hassle"?

I certainly wouldn't think much of a guy asking me for a monetary loan. Have never had that happen in my entire life. It would appear as a great big red flag to me, a neon one.
I don't think any self-respecting guy would ask a date for a loan. I have never asked anyone for a loan either. He should use his credit card. If he doesn't have one? Another big red flag. Credit cards maxed out? Again, a red flag.
 calisparkle
Msg: 109 (view)

Dating men who have never been married
Posted: 7/3/2007 5:44:34 PM
My mother always told me if a man wasn't married by age 40, there was something wrong with him.

I tend to think that if you can't find someone "good enough" by age 40, that there is something wrong, also. But more importantly, i think how could a man like this ever understand me? I was married for 20 years of my adult life, and i am 44 years old. I have children, and i wonder how could he understand that/them?

I truly think you can never REALLY understand something unless you've been through it yourself.

On the other hand, maybe a man like this was just smarter than i, and didn't make the wrong choice getting married to the wrong person, like I did.

I will never say never. There's always a chance. Things are not always as they may seem.

:) Cali
 calisparkle
Msg: 83 (view)

Why do you think/feel we are here on earth?
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:58:48 AM
I believe we are here to create what we can with what God has given us, to experience life, to learn, and grow. I don't necessarily believe there is any more specific purpose, but really, who knows? I certainly don't know, and i'm sure no human knows exactly what it's all about, except what it's all about for him/her. Do we choose this life and a purpose before we come to Earth? Do we choose the circumstances? Did we just decide to come and try to do the best we can? I don't know. I do know we have God within, we are assisted and guided from the "other side" (yeah, it has happened to me, once very directly and obviously).

Life is what we make it and i believe we are here to live at the highest level of consciousness that we can and connect to God, people, and everything in the universe.

calisparkle
Msg: 22 (view)

what does christian - other mean to YOU?
Posted: 7/1/2007 12:50:42 AM
I have Christian-other on my profile. This is what it means to me:

I consider myself a Christian, as does Oprah Winfrey and did Ernest Holmes (Science of Mind). I spent most of my life as a Lutheran, but now attend a Religious Science church which could be summed up in Jesus's words that say As you believe so shall it be, that heaven is within us (isn't hell, also?), and The Secret. People of different religions attend Religious Science churches and all are welcomed and respected. I live my life the same as I always have, but my beliefs beyond my own life and behavior are different. I believe in Jesus, but not as most "Christians" do. Biblical writers and those who put together the Bible (included books in, left books out, changed text) interpret things one way, others a different way.

I'm very open-minded regarding religion these days (boy, and i never thought i would be) and believe there are many paths to God. There are many paths presented to us here to follow. I have my own beliefs, but would never put down another's. We are all connected and part of God.

calisparkle
Msg: 136 (view)

Call me when you want to get laid!!
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:48:54 PM
"Call me when you want to get laid!!"

I would appreciate that honesty! I would be offended, and i would have no respect for you as a person, but i definitely would appreciate the honesty. The truth is always good to know. NEXT!
 calisparkle
Msg: 81 (view)

What keeps a guy from asking for a second date?
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:37:40 PM
"if you don't put out on the first or maybe second date he's not going to ask you for another one. we are in a counyrt where we want ever thing quick and fast to see if we like it including- sex. so quit trying to be so angel-like or morally correct and you probably won't have that problem."

and people wonder how men get labeled as pigs, dogs, etc. Please. and truly no one means ALL men because no one has met ALL men. Maybe ALL men in her experience.

OP, i wonder if one day you'll meet someone and fall in love, and she will treat you, one of her many men, as you probably treat women you date. Yeah, she'll be going out with all kinds of men, and having sex with them on the first and second dates. I'm sure you won't like that so much. Of course, if you are incapable of love and respect, it won't bother you at all.
 calisparkle
Msg: 80 (view)

What keeps a guy from asking for a second date?
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:23:48 PM
"What I don't understand is why they don't even want to remain friends. It's like if you're not dating material to them, that's it, they're gone."

Because guys want more than friendship with women. I only have one good male friend. All the others are out for more than that and if they can't have it, then it's nothing at all.

It sure would be great to have some guy friends.

calisparkle
Msg: 37 (view)

Why do women slam the door shut so quickly?
Posted: 6/30/2007 11:13:52 PM
"STOP GENERALIZING"

Why do people post this? There was only one place in the post where the OP used the word women (the rest of it referred to one woman), and there he was simply asking a question regarding women:
******Do women view men's photos as mere pixels, rather as human beings with feelings and emotions?*******

Geez, what's he supposed to say to NOT GENERALIZE? Give it a break! Besides, what a person experiences with men or women is what they have experienced with men or women. Period. No one can possibly experience all men or women. OP never used the word ALL.

calisparkle
Msg: 157 (view)

Clues that he's an online player ..
Posted: 6/30/2007 7:30:27 PM
Women do have to be more careful. My question is this: How do I ask for someone's full name (if i were to run some kind of check) without giving my own? I don't want someone I don't even know to be able to find out where I live. That's why I don't ask that info; i would if i were to continue to see him and trusted him.

Don't want someone who's made a mess of his life.

calisparkle
Msg: 20 (view)

home again on Friday night
Posted: 6/29/2007 9:50:20 PM
well, here i am too, home alone (well, sort of) on a Friday night. But it is my choice. I don't go out with guys who are not a good match....heck, they would get mad at me for wasting their time and money if it didn't work out anyway. Not into wasting anyone's time.

so my 16 & 18 year olds are both home....what a miracle that is!

And, i have a pit bull now to keep me company, not that i wanted her.....it took all these years for them to convince me to consider it, and this one, i told my son to tell his friend not to bring her. yet she was saved from the pound by minutes. and i guess she is here to stay. So now i am going to take her on walks and try to become a dog-person. omg, never thought this would happen. i luv other people's dogs, but didn't want one myself. but now i can go to the beach and take her with me, or to the park, and get my exercise too! Maybe i'll even meet someone that way.

it' s not that hard staying home if there's no one you want to go out with anyway.

i just talked to an older friend last night who has been single for 9 years, and guess what? now he's engaged.

Just remember, life changes so quickly, never stays the same. So soon it will be our turn--the ones sitting home on Friday night.

calisparkle

Why are girls scared of honest guys?
Posted: 6/29/2007 9:32:06 PM
OP,
There was definitely some reason she thought she wasn't right for YOU! Could be a religion incompatibility, the fact that you are looking for "dating" (why don't you have long-term posted......dating to me does not mean long-term), could be she feels she wouldn't measure up for you. Who knows?

You do know, however, that she isn't honest, not with the two completely different descriptions of her. You said she looked hot? I thought she had no image on her profile.

Anyway, there are tons of women looking for an honest man--they aren't easy to find these days, well at least not online. Heck, I'm STILL looking for an honest man, cuz i will not accept less than that. That is the very first requirement. But then again, i have never been attracted to the bad-boy type, because i am not a bad-girl type. Just an honest type.

I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding an honest woman, but there has to be the attraction and compatibility.

Good luck!

calisparkle
Msg: 7 (view)

What I am feeling and the mail I want to send one last time
Posted: 6/27/2007 8:16:49 PM
Just save the letter, burn it, whatever; Most people don't have the courage to turn someone down, or tell the truth, so they just ignore. Often, no answer IS your answer. It means no. So save your dignity, put her on ignore, and simply let her go. We all deserve someone who wants us also, right?

Good luck in the future with the next one. So just say, NEXT!

calisparkle
Msg: 88 (view)

Hell : Does anyone actually think they are going there?
Posted: 6/25/2007 7:24:51 PM
Jesus said, as you believe so shall it be for you.
He also said Heaven is within us. So is hell.
We create our own reality.
Life is eternal for all. It's what we make of it, what we believe, our perceptions and attitudes that count.

I remember my mother telling me of her deceased father saying to her mother,
"it's just like i thought it would be." He didn't seem too happy, just as in life.

So be careful what you believe. You may just get it.

You can believe in God, but not believe in hell. if you study the Bible, and learn h ow it was written, by whom, how long after the events took place, from hearsay, what was deleted, hidden, the beliefs of that time, you'd think again. The writers of the Bible had their own beliefs and limited minds. They could hardly be expected to see things any differently.

Really, if God is love, would he condemn his children to misery? instruct to kill his own creations? even most humans wouldn't do that.

No, we always have choices and there are many paths to God. Judgment, fear, guilt are tools used to gain control.

calisparkle
Msg: 40 (view)

Don't you just hate being asked this question on a first date ?.
Posted: 6/22/2007 6:17:05 PM
I usually tell the men anymore NOT to ask me questions on the first date such as for a 2nd date, what i think, etc.

I like to reflect on it because, even if I don't an an instant overwhelming attraction, i like to give things a chance if i think there is one. But i hate being put on the spot because i usually don't know yet, and if i did and the answer is no, i would feel awkward saying something right there and then.

calisparkle
Msg: 187 (view)

why do women shy away from guy that doesnt drink??
Posted: 6/15/2007 10:08:41 PM
Wes,

I have done that, drink 0-2 drinks a year, or more! Someone like you wouldn't scare me at all, but rather impress the heck out of me! If a guy says he NEVER drinks, that is great! But then i get leery, wondering if he's a "recovering alcoholic," which may not be a bad thing if he has years of sobriety, but not something i could ever really understand.

Show ALL Forums