Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I am thinking of creating another profile with my age twenty years younger.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 14 (view)

I am thinking of creating another profile with my age twenty years younger.
Posted: 9/19/2018 3:54:45 PM
Nothing good comes from deception.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 13 (view)

Strange
Posted: 9/14/2018 3:16:39 AM
^^^ What they said.

Square accused me of reporting him a few weeks back. He was way off the mark. Anyone who recognises my posting style would know that I would always argue my case in public rather than sneak around to an admin.
 imanorangetiger

Forum Roll Call
Posted: 9/8/2018 6:00:49 AM
Been a busy week for me.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 32 (view)

Online Dating Fatigue
Posted: 9/4/2018 8:15:00 AM
Most of the profiles I see have full writeups, so what Leon is complaining about isn't necessarily true, let alone his misogynistic opinions about it, but then all he has is a list of fictitious attributes and no photos on his, so his views are a bit hypocritical anyway.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 7 (view)

Is it important for you to date your intellectual equal?
Posted: 8/31/2018 8:20:55 AM
Couldn't possibly comment, Pauline.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 5 (view)

Is it important for you to date your intellectual equal?
Posted: 8/31/2018 3:12:28 AM
All round Jacks of all Trades tend to have more balanced views of the world, rather than the Masters of One, as we've seen here recently. Having some common ground is the important thing.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 8 (view)

The best band you have ever seen live.
Posted: 8/31/2018 3:05:32 AM
Was (Not Was), early 90s.

Goldfrapp puts on a good show too. I'd love to see Muse live but I'm not one for big arena or stadium gigs.
 imanorangetiger

Do we judge others too quickly online?
Posted: 8/31/2018 2:58:47 AM
Only this week, I got told that I wasn't welcome on a community Facebook group page by the admin because I complained about people's comments about travellers. I get a bit het up about judgements made about individuals or groups when they're based on uneducated hearsay and stereotyping.

There's a Facebook page called Angry People in Local Newspapers. It should really be called Angry People Commenting on Clickbait Stories. Get a job/life/diet/contraception plan/fashion advisor comments throughout. I think some people like to vent for venting's sake.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 9 (view)

what is your guilty pleasure
Posted: 8/30/2018 8:35:56 AM

Picking orange up on his mistakes. " but I've missed less than a dozen episodes since it started" I think you mean fewer

Must remember to add pedants to the things that make you mad thread ;)))
 imanorangetiger

real life things that drive you mad
Posted: 8/29/2018 5:53:29 PM
I have a fee payable clause in my contracting but I use my judgement on a client by client basis.

The machine queue at the gym is a tricky one. How long does a recovery phase need to be? I never spend more than 45 seconds to a minute between sets. I sometimes use that time to write down a weight change. Some people stretch to two minutes. I get more annoyed at people hogging the bench areas without actually using the benches.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 3 (view)

what is your guilty pleasure
Posted: 8/29/2018 5:31:46 PM
Eastenders. I've never watched any other soap opera, but I've missed less than a dozen episodes since it started.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 5 (view)

real life things that drive you mad
Posted: 8/29/2018 11:55:18 AM
Smokers. Always at the top of my bane list.

People who don't wipe down the weight machine they've just left with arse juice on the seat.

Rubbish parkers.

Clients who don't turn up for sessions without calling to cancel.

Vehicles that seem to appear out of nowhere and subsequently bunch up when I want to take an exit road.

Pedestrian crossings that make you wait till there's nothing coming to go green. Inevitably it means you've already crossed, making vehicles stop for nothing.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 140 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/29/2018 3:33:58 AM

Anyone on here who wastes police resources with this utterly infantile garbage is even more of a waste of space than I already surmised.

Own the fact that you were misguided enough to get involved with someone who didn't meet your expectations......grow up.....get over yourselves.....and move the fvck on.
Then hopefully the rest of us won't have to scroll through page after page of repetitive whinging to try and find the odd sensible post.

Bad things happen when good people stand around and watch and do nothing. Or in my world, what you resist, tends to persist. Ignoring bad behaviour and hoping it will go away rarely makes the bad behaviour go away. More often, it simply make the badly behaving individual think that what they're doing is acceptable because no-one complains. You were complicit in the troll's behaviour by complaining about people complaining against him, which simply reinforced what he was doing. You indirectly contributed to the very thing you're complaining about now, instead of helping to nip it in the bud at the start by condemning his constant trolling.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 131 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/28/2018 1:44:32 PM
As I pointed out, the little troll from Malta can't BEAR to take responsibility for his behaviour and he demonstrates it again before temporarily flouncing off. No empathy, no emotional intelligence whatsoever. A real thicky in that department and no mistake. And as Billy points out, he'll be back in five minutes to have the last word under yet another guise, because that's what narcissists do. Can't help themselves. Slaves to their own chronic insecurities.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 124 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:57:28 AM
Just to add something to the sidetrack, it's worth reminding the little troll from Malta that HE brought on what's to come all by himself.

Let's look at that list again and especially at one of a narcissist's most prominent behavioural traits:

5. Lack of responsibility—blaming and deflecting
Although narcissists want to be in control, they never want to be responsible for the results—unless, of course, everything goes exactly their way and their desired result occurs. When things don’t go according to their plan or they feel criticized or less than perfect, the narcissist places all the blame and responsibility on you. It has to be someone else’s fault. Sometimes that blame is generalized—all police, all bosses, all teachers, all Democrats, and so on. At other times the narcissist picks a particular person or rule to blame—his mother, the judge, or laws that limit what he wants to do. Most often, however, the narcissist blames the one person who is the most emotionally close, most attached, loyal, and loving in his life—you. To maintain the façade of perfection, narcissists always have to blame someone or something else. You are the safest person to blame, because you are least likely to leave or reject him.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/14-signs-of-narcissism

There was a time when Pauline was one of Tena's few supporters here, and that's only because she gave him a chance. Tena being Tena reverted to type and now he's paying the price. Boo hoo. Coming back was a big mistake.

That is all. Normal service can resume.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 121 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:09:32 AM
It's the strapped on turbos and superchargers that make these small engines go so well. Do you remember what diesels were like before turbochargers and common rail injection systems?

And yes, I check my mirrors constantly and consistently, do the right left right at junctions, and keep both hands on the wheel at ten to two. [/angel mode off] :))))
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 35 (view)

Weird crush people you shouldnt fancy. But you do
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:00:22 AM
Sue Perkins? Me too.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 106 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/27/2018 2:52:32 PM
Classic narcissistic personality behaviour, thinking he's untouchable. Except his details are now as public as his troll posts. Many months ago, I warned him that the web keeps it forever. Deleting his previous profile and putting up fake details in his new one won't help if he continues to write in the same juvenile style. I wonder how good the lawyers are in Malta?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 97 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/27/2018 6:32:46 AM
It didn't take long for the projecting little troll to reappear, did it? I'm still confused over the type of danger he thinks he's been exposed to. If anything, he's exposed himself, especially to the danger of losing his lecturing post if anyone from his faculty reads his posts. He can change his profile all he likes, but he can't change his words and pretend it isn't him.

And calling people fat when he's not exactly svelte himself is a little rich, isn't it? I'd guess he is at least 30lbs overweight after eating munchy boxes on a regular basis.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 33 (view)

Me too
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:02:18 PM
My clinical supervisor told me of an instance where a paedophile ring was broken in the US after a client had disclosed historic sexual abuse to a counsellor years after the event. We are required to keep completed safeguarding forms for a considerable length of time after a client leaves, in case they are needed at some future point.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 84 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 8:58:43 AM
Kirk - he went on about his PhD on a weekly basis. It was the fact that he typed like a moron and behaved like a petulant child which put that in doubt.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 79 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 7:25:56 AM
Jack - Pauline has good reason to believe that 10ky is badly behaved through direct contact and conversation with him. She has never suggested any vigilante action towards him. To be honest, he's quite capable of destroying himself without the need for anyone here to involve themselves.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 77 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/20/2018 6:00:31 AM
I'm not comfortable with names on dating sites. It encourages some to make trouble. I've often warned people of the dangers when they inexplicably use their full name as their username or display images with visible names. Too late now...
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 172 (view)

All about the forum narcissist
Posted: 8/19/2018 10:20:38 AM
Using his lecturing position to get attention from female students is a clear abuse of ethical boundaries and it would only take one complaint to bring his career to a swift end.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 169 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2018 5:28:31 AM
To gradually lessen an emotional impact, one needs to fully understand it first. I've never seen Pauline so riled up as this before, so it isn't something that can just go away that easily when the trigger is still around making trouble. If people voted to have his troll posts deleted, then yes, he'd have no choice other than to change his ways or leave the room entirely, without the need to involve themselves. However, it's a narcissist's game to him. In his head, when people stop responding, he thinks he's 'won' something. Pauline stopped responding and distanced herself, and only returned when he was caught lying about her.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 166 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2018 2:52:10 AM

It's always easier to be rational when you're the one looking into a situation.

Into a situation from the outside. And there's the rub. Albert Ellis said that people don't react to external events so much as to their internal feelings around them, which is why he developed rational emotive behavioural therapy.

Rationality is judgement based on experience, and a person's experience is individual to them. When people talk about rationality, they're usually referring to what is considered social norms: what would an 'average person do.

Is she being irrational regarding 10ky's behaviour? Well, it's her experience, no-one else's and knowing what he's like, I have reason to believe that she every right to be upset about it. To declare that she's being irrational could be interpreted as lessening the impact his behaviour has had on her. Would that be fair? I don't think so. If he accepted it and stopped denying it, things might settle down, but he deliberately insists on digging a knife in and making it worse because he enjoys creating a drama.

He doesn't have to be here at all. He doesn't live in the UK and only visits this forum to troll it for fun. He never posts in the global forums, which would rip him to pieces.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 30 (view)

What's your mantra?
Posted: 8/18/2018 3:14:48 PM
Gotham needs me

https://mobile.twitter.com/theawkwardyeti/status/1000754766111236096/photo/1
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 155 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2018 11:12:04 AM
Thanks for the trust, Pauline.

Ironically, the only person who consistently called me a 'mangina' here was 10ky, who in turn has consistently cosied up to women in attempts to get into their pants. I see people as people, not male, not female, not gay. He is fearful of anything or anyone he can't control.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2018 10:55:48 AM
Death by lard ingestion, by all accounts. Or your Lego toppling over.

imanorangetiger
Msg: 151 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2018 10:38:50 AM
Tena: every word you come out with simply proves my point. Your reality is warped. Trouble will come your way at some point if you continue to behave in this way.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 67 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 10:20:10 AM
Back playing NPD bingo, are we, Tena? I've just ticked item one again. I worked with IT systems for 18 years. While you were still playing with your sisters' dollies. As you admit, most of it goes over you head but still you try your point scoring.

Pillock.

imanorangetiger
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2018 10:09:15 AM
Tena

Let's be clear: you caused this.

Do I think Pauline is insane for continually repeating her version of events regarding your behaviour. No. Of course not. Do I think she's highly upset and agitated that you continue to make light of your behaviour and have gone on to deny it? Yes. As Pauline has stated more than once, all it would have taken was a proper apology, but you seem unwilling to provide one. Would it have been enough to stop Paulinr escalating this and adding more informaion about your offline behaviour? If it had been robust enough, there's every chance that it would.

Do I think you are insane? No. Do I think you suffer from a personality disorder? All the signs suggest that you do. You are totally aware of the damaging effect you have on other people. An insane person wouldn't be. You are manipulative and controlling. Do I think you took advantagevof Pauline's good nature? Yes. Your attempts to make Pauline seem like the guilty party on this thread are a form of gaslighting. There is enough evidence to dispute your own version of events, and almost 18 months of your comments on this forum back it up. I agreed with Michelle and spoke to her at length. You have serious issues. You have been told many times by many people. When your issues affect other people, something needs to be done about them. Left unchecked, your course of behaviour will quite likely bring you to the attention of the legal system sooner or later.

You have a stark choice.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 59 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:39:28 AM
Chap is right. People are crying out for COBOL coders. Even if they're legacy systems, someone has to maintain them. I did the same with analogue phone systems alongside digital, while my ex wife spent over 25 years coding on Model 204 because it was being imminently replaced forever.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 57 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 4:19:42 AM
Stalking? Really? Just because your bad behaviour being put on display is spoiling your chances of appearing to be poor put upon Tena, that's stalking? A wise man would fully accept what he's doing in the face of evidence, rather than deny, deflect and play the victim. But not you, it seems. In fact, why are you even here? You don't live in the UK. You live in Malta. With mummy. If you want to carry on trolling, do it on the global forums. See how you fare there. Go ask Leon how he's doing.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2018 4:07:02 AM
Anyone looking through your posting history would disagree with your appraisal, Tena. You've been trolling for attention from the beginning. Please don't try denying it.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 53 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 3:57:32 AM

: Counsela, you are better than me. Smarter, taller, younger, healthier, more attractive and more successful all round. Is it OK now? You won hands down. Yeah? I think it's time for a wee break now. What do you think?

I am indeed taller, healthier, and would seem by all accounts to be more attractive to other people. At 33, I would also appear to have been smarter and more worldly wise. Successful? I am comfortable. Am I better than you? In my view, no-one is better or worse than anyone else, only being better or worse than they can be in themselves. We all have talents to make the best use of. We all have the potential to be the best that WE can be, regardless of how that corresponds to other people. I believe that I am working well towards making the best of mine, and seeing the benefits of that. If you put your mind to it, you could stop being a victim, become less of a pretentious**** accept your current limitations, and work towards being a decent person. People might actually begin to like you.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 48 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/18/2018 1:05:34 AM
I've just Googled what a 'munchy box' is: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchy_box?wprov=sfla1

No wonder he's a lardarse. Good lord. And this muck will not help his mental attitude and processing one bit. I laughed at the mention of 'a salad item' in the box. If anyone needs a change in life here, it's Tena, unless he's going to rely on his mummy to cook, wash, and iron for him until she croaks.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 44 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 4:42:57 PM
Maybe he doesn't dumb down. Maybe dumb is his default and he has to work harder than most to appear halfway smart. That's not to say that he doesn't know a lot about his chosen field, just that he knows bugger all about anything else. Especially about how people work. After all, he sticks raw rice in microwave and expects it to cook. Pretty elementary stuff.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 42 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:27:45 PM
You have never been bedfellows with honesty, Tena. It's not worth pretending you are now when it's plain that you still can't manage it. Perhaps if you'd simply admitted that understanding psychotherapy is beyond your comprehension and abilities...

Plains: the problem with ignoring a narcissist in this context is that he'll simply tbink he's 'won'. He won't stop. He never has. He simply waits for the next new person to come along.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 38 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 1:50:51 PM
^^^ Just goes to show how ignorant you are, doesn't it, Tena? I suggest you look at the difference between psychology and psychotherapy for starters. Buzzwords? You have much to learn. You may find you are far less superior than you think you are. Anyway, the reason you seem to enjoy mocking educated people can be found in that handy narcissistic personality list. I suggest you read it.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 30 (view)

There is other stuff happening out there
Posted: 8/17/2018 12:27:06 PM
Haha! Lots of us yellow sticker stalkers out there then! It's like feeding chips to seagulls...

imanorangetiger
Msg: 35 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 11:02:26 AM

I'm not a counsellor but I've used counselling techniques with addicts such as brief intervention and motivational interviewing

I worked with people going through addiction recovery for a year, and took a course in motivational interviewing too. MI, brief intervention, and solution focused therapy techniques work well with people in recovery because it's taking one step at a time. Traditional therapy models work with people who are ready for them. There's rarely a one size fits all even then, and although I'm primarily Gestalt (and love it), I also use solution focused, cognitive and emotive behavioural therapy, transactional analysis, and straightforward person-centred techniques, all of which dovetail nicely with Gestalt. I'm not a fan of NLP.

None of which will make sense to the troll, of course.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 33 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 8/17/2018 10:01:16 AM
If you think counselling is a piece of cake, Tena, why don't you try it? I absolutely guarantee that you'd make a complete hash of it. Why? Because not only do you know nothing about the education and experience involved, but you lack any of the basic skills required to be able to sit and talk with someone in a way that could have a positive impact on their lives.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2018 9:38:03 AM
Yes, Kirk; the Whiteley one. I think Tesco may suffer a little, simply because going to Lidl will mean less mixing it with the other shoppers in the village as well as the commuters from the business park. Getting back onto the main R1 roundabout might be fun from that direction, but there are lights planned. People will still go to M&S regardless. I get my fruit and veg there. More expensive, better quality. Always go for the offers. Especially around discounting time. I once got a week's worth of sandwiches for less than a pound.

I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to anywhere in Whiteley and I do my food shopping on a little and often basis. I'm not too troubled by the traffic as a result and tend to be able to choose my driving times to be off peak, even if it means hanging around in the evenings on some days.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2018 8:04:46 AM
Lidl and Aldi get by by having narrower product ranges. Their stores are usually in areas associated in low footfall, further out from the mainstream shops, thereby utilising lower cost real estate. I've always been impressed by their fresh meats, cheeses and produce, though I tend to go to M&S and Tesco because I can walk there. There's a Lidl being built nearby though, so I'll use that too when it arrives.

I have visions of Kirk wandering around looking like a Smurf now.
 imanorangetiger

Posted: 8/17/2018 5:08:33 AM
I had a heart attack in January because of familial hypercholesterolaemia. It was relatively minor and I called for my own ambulance while out on a walk. My dad had it and died at 56, my brother has it and had a stroke at 53. My cholesterol levels have gone from 7.1 to 4.0 in six months, my BP is around 110/78 and I have always been fit enough to have a resting heart rate of 45bpm. I'm in the gym five times a week doing circuits, spin classes, cardio and weights. I walk everywhere possible. Despite what the troll says, I'm not fat. I've never smoked but if I had, I'd be dead because of my pre-existing condition.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2018 3:40:02 AM
Smoking has always been one of my pet hates, and a deal breaker when it comes to dating. The forum troll isn't quite old enough to remember what it was like trying to work, socialise and even eat a meal without someone on the next table continuously puffing on a cancer stick. Thankfully the days of sticky yellow ceilinged pubs have vanished, along with the stench of coming home from a night out stinking of fags. I used to play in bands, and opening up my cases later to find my equipment reeking of stale tobacco was disgusting.

Vaping isn't quite so bad, but there is an antisocial element to people puffing out great clouds of steam everywhere, and frankly, it looks rather childish to be wandering around with a vaper in your mouth looking like you're sucking a dummy.

Both are addictions too.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 115 (view)

enough already!
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:12:23 AM
Pauline
Kinda, he's repeating the same inflated non-issues over and over again even though no one can be arsed in the least. Erm. I am afraid that, well, he's definitely not OK. No dunno about it.

Oh look, the troll deleted his post. :))))))))))))
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 112 (view)

enough already!
Posted: 8/17/2018 2:32:37 AM
The one redeeming feature of JK is that he forces people to see the reality of their behaviour.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 106 (view)

Insanity online..
Posted: 8/16/2018 12:13:49 PM
Again he considers that people hate him. Narcissists see things in black and white. According to him, you either love him or hate him. However, just as with love, hate implies a depth of emotional investment. Since he understands neither, I feel the need to remind him that no-one here particularly cares.

Show ALL Forums