Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dating Male Virgins
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 191 (view)

Dating Male Virgins
Posted: 9/23/2011 3:15:21 PM
As a 37 yo guy who is still a virgin, I would certainly hope that aspect of my being wouldn't put anyone off.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 147 (view)

Should money be a consideration in a relationship
Posted: 9/23/2011 2:52:08 PM
From my point of view money shouldn't be near the top of the list. I am a low income earner but I would hope that it wouldn't affect the outcome of my dating someone. Likewise the financial status of a potential match wouldn't bother me.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 741 (view)

Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 9/23/2011 2:28:34 PM

MEN .... I'm just curious! Are any of you on here SERIOUSLY looking for a long term relationship with hopes of it leading to marriage?

Absolutely. I really want to meet a wonderful young lady and hopefully hit it off, settle down, have a family and do the happy every after bit.
 eryx_uk
Msg: 57 (view)

Did you expect to be single this late in life?
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:59:58 AM
I never thought I'd be single at 36. I figured I'd meet someone who would find me an attractive option, but no. One thing or another and I just turn them off it seems.
 eryx_uk
Msg: 64 (view)

Do older men fear dating a woman with chilren?
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:47:11 AM
I wouldn't say it is fear. I know from my own perspective that when looking over dating sites even if I find someone who looks and sounds perfect if she already has kids I continue on. My reason being that if she already has kids is she going to want one or two more with me? Probably not going by experiences with female friends that I have. Problem is, the older you get the less likely the chance of finding a partner who doesn't have kids.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 29 (view)

'toooo many fish in the sea?'
Posted: 5/17/2008 5:03:23 AM

More like too many freaks in the circus!

LOL. About right.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 27 (view)

'toooo many fish in the sea?'
Posted: 5/17/2008 4:47:35 AM
I think that the current age with all its internet dating and such has caused more problems when looking for that mr or mis right, than before. We're bombarded dailey by images of the perfect man or woman and so in the public conciousness thats what we start looking for.

Just 20 or 30 years ago, you met someone at the pub or wherever, started talking and if the fates were with you then maybe you hit it off. Now, people don't want to know if arn't the "perfect" image they have in your mind.

So, yes, I do think (perhaps a little cynical) that theres too many fish in the sea that only go for one type of bait.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 40 (view)

Does one's financial debt influence your choice in a potential mate?
Posted: 6/8/2007 12:43:29 PM

Given that financial issues are one of the biggest sources of arguments and breakups amongst couples I think it's extremely naive to take this point of view. Maybe if I were a billionaire and could afford to blow money left, right and centre I might feel differently.

Its not naive at all. Its the person you want to be with, not their bank account.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 25 (view)

why are most people so free with sex?
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:12:43 AM

If this were true, why would labor and childbirth, also "vital for the survival of us all", be so excruciatingly painful??

Because if it was the other way round, we wouldn't be here.

Saving sex for that special someone is fine, but it is purely a personal choice.
We all have a need for sex. Either we go out and find a willing partner or we settle for masturbation. Its not good to build up unspent sexual needs.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 20 (view)

Does one's financial debt influence your choice in a potential mate?
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:50:43 AM
A persons financial situation has nothing to do with them being a potential date or partner. Money has no bearing what so ever. If you and them hit it off, then its pretty poor show to not try and help them out [u]to an extent.[/u]

Its a sad state of affairs where a persons financial conditions are a consideration for dating.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 74 (view)

I know possessions don't matter, but....
Posted: 6/8/2007 6:29:33 AM
IMO you should never judge a person by their possessions or lack of. Everyone is different and wants different things. Some are comfortable with next to nothing and others need to own stuff. It doesn't matter. Its not their stuff you are looking at but the person.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 48 (view)

What is the big deal about sex? Is there any people out there that have the take or leave it...
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:58:00 AM
I'll happily admit that I feel horny quite a lot of the time. I'm a bloke, so sex is quite often drifting through the old grey matter. But sex isn't the be all and end all of things.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 3 (view)

Tongue Rings: yay or nay?
Posted: 5/30/2007 9:09:14 PM
I don't find piercings attractive at all, especially around the face and mouth areas. It's just not pleasent to look at, IMO.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 11 (view)

My Two Cents
Posted: 5/30/2007 5:31:54 PM

I was more interested in finding a emotionally stable, healthy, gainfully employed man with good sense and some emotional maturity.

Ok, this is a little bugbear of mine in todays dating world. Why does it matter whether the other person (especially the man) have to be gainfully employed? Surely its looks and personality that matter not the size of his bank balance?
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 194 (view)

Why do men ruin relationships with video games?
Posted: 5/30/2007 5:13:22 PM
One thing I notice in the relationships that some couples I know is that they don't get enough time to themselves. Whether you have kids or not, you both need time apart as opposed to spending every evening and weekend glued to one another. Computer games are just one way of escapism. They only become a problem when playing them begins to seriously supersede your life and priorities.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 30 (view)

I'm bout to give up on this junk
Posted: 5/30/2007 4:42:19 PM

my QUESTION is.... what motivates YOU to keep looking or giving this site (and/or others) just "one more change" before you finally say "F*** it" and leave it alone?

Because it's free. My opinion is that why should I pay out money to use a site that I may or may not (primarily may not in my case) work out for me. Thats just wasted cash.

I've read though a lot of threads on here since signing up and only now do I feel confident enough to post. It seems that posting on here and making your views and thoughts seen is more worthwhile than throwing out blind mails to people. Thats another reason for continuing to use the site.
 Eryx_UK
Msg: 65 (view)

women and why they think men should buy everything ????
Posted: 5/30/2007 4:26:17 PM
My personal opinion is that the guy pays for the first couple dates, up to his means. Not all of us have a lot of disposable cash these days. I know I don't. Once both people are comfortable in where the dating is going, then start to share the costs of the evening out between you both.

Show ALL Forums