Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Palin resigns! Do you think she will run for President!
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 66 (view)

Palin resigns! Do you think she will run for President!
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:58:20 AM

I and so many others are simply disgusted with the way $P and company spin the story and manipulate the media. Image is all that matters. Yeah, it’s “scary” to think this woman could succeed in harnessing the ignorant vote all the way to the national level. Scary, indeed. Read the details and let the truth be known!

I am afraid that Obama has already secured all the ignorant vote. And daily we are reminded who those voters are.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 7/25/2009 10:53:14 AM
First five years of Bush's Presidency was marred with Terrorist attacks and the need to protect this country ... Obama first 7 months has passed his spending and hasn't helped a damn thing. No new jobs. No help for people with bad morgages that Barney franks and his band of idiots caused and defended but are striving hard to find a scape goat now that it falls apart.

Clinton had his hand in that whole mess as well.

The change that Obama said he was campaigning for and ended up accomplishing are polar opposits. He ran on fiscal change and instead he has drove us deeper into debt and destroyed the economy and jobs. He promises to punish business owners because they make too much money and the result will be the employees will have major benefits cut as well as possibly there own jobs lost. We definitely need a change more so then we ever did. Because the people of this country can not pay for the checks the government is writing. I won't get better till government cuts back on there spending and the American people are allowed to keep there money and support their communities and there families. Government is continually overstepping its boundries and now its going to destroy our abillities to seek quality medical care.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 7/24/2009 9:56:04 PM
With Obama tanking the economy and inflating government the way he is his reelection it definitely going to suffer. Palin is a pretty likable person. I think thats why the Dems hate her so much. The legal problems she is having right now are most definitly contributed to the fact that she a huge chance of taking the Presidency away from Barack. Its awful the coruption on the dem side is overlook continualy as an oops and everything a repub/conservative does is poured over with fine tooth comb. Its not a good thing that this sort of political and personal destruction is allowed to continue. In the end I believe her strength and integrity as a person who is interested in reducing government fraud and coruption will prevail and all these bogus attempts to defame her character and keep her from persuing a presidential bid will turn out to be victories against the factions that would love to see her fail.

I have a lot of faith in Palin. I worry about her because she seems so small up against the huge battle she has in front of her. I believe that if she stays strong and roots herself in the conservative christian values that has built as her foundation that she could do it. I believe that a lot of dems and liberals know this too and that scares the hell out of them and even sends them into rages.

I would whole heartedly support her for Presidential run

This next election is time for some change.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 37 (view)

California Supreme Court upholds Prop. 8
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:57:27 PM
Well I agree with you the bible does explain its self, but the clarity as to why Sodom and Gomorrah was destroy was perfectly clear sexual sins were abominations before God. I don't remember reading anything about catfish and shimp or disobedient children in that story or having sex with the wife while she was "unclean"
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 180 (view)

Right wing radio host gets waterboarded for 7 seconds. Admits it is torture
Posted: 6/1/2009 9:16:52 PM
I am pretty sure that ehanced interogations won't be implemented in this case. I have no reason to believe that he is part of a terrorist faction. Should evidence prove that he is I am sure they will deal with it accordingly. Will you be disappointed if he isn't waterboarded?
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 9:08:50 PM
I have never heard anything so blantantly wrong that could ever touch that post. Wrong on so many levels.

Sodom and Gomorah as the bible speaks of it was a wicked place full of sexualy depraved and wicked people who murdered and raped and it was considered Ok because it was common and accepted. That just cracks me up that your Rev White turned it into people who refuse to take care of their homeless and hungry people. Then you move to justify the sexual acts to be just what boys do when them mark there territory. Capture the enemy and rape em, Everybodies is doing it. Wow.

This is why its so important to actually read the bible yourself rather then have it spoon fed to you.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 178 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 8:31:51 PM
You were the one talkin about using the tools in our arsenal. Waterboarding "was" one of those tools. Pouring water on KSM face was used as a tool to aid in defending our Country and our way of life. Success. Plots of terrorism were thwarted and buildings and people are safe.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 8:22:14 PM
Excellent post swamp hunter! I poised to point out the sodomy thing after I read the Homosexual thing not in the bible and low an bold yo beat me to and handled it quite well. Kudos.

tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 176 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 7:48:37 PM

Some argue that for us to conduct ourselves humanely and with dignity somehow diminishes us, or even makes our enemies think of us as weak. I argue that those who support waterboarding and other torture, or any acts that are purely vengeful, are completely indifferent to making our enemies grow in number and resolve.

I don't agree with you. Obviously. I think that spare the rod spoil the child and if you don't stand up for yourself you can't expect anyone else to do it for you. We have a had support in Iraq and Afghanistan from other countries and those that don't respect our Country, never did so why should we expect they might change if we back down on defending our country and our freedom of religion and right to live.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2009 4:16:26 PM

Yes, we should go after the bad guys with every tool in our arsenal to bring them to justice, and the we need to treat them with the respect that any human deserves, no matter their crime. That's what civilized societies do. It's what separates us from brutal regimes.

I am pretty sure you don't really mean that every tool in our arsenal statement. It sounds to me like your ok with dropping bombs on them shooting at them with M-16 or M-60's , lob some grenades if you got em but whatever you do, don't you dare pour water in their face, that will just piss em off and then they will want to really kill us.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 7:22:32 PM

This is only your personal opinion and is based upon no legal precedent whatsoever in this country. We have convicts who have eaten people's brains or raped children among other unthinkable acts who still possess civil rights and have had much better treatment from our penal system than KSM.

If we arrested a person who was a known canibalist and he had information on a community of canibalist who are eating people brains, I think some enhanced interogation would be call for. The average cannibalist dines alone so this scenario really doesn't work well .. Child rapist .. same thing. Once you got them for the crime you really don't expect that they have info on other child rapist.

There is no evidence of waterboarding working that we know of, let alone working quickly. KSM was waterboarded 183 times over a 3 month period,

Key words "that we know of" .

You have been offer info that use of enhanced interogation was key in a volume of information that lead to foiled attacks on buildings, presidents, and people who are not presidents, in other words people in general. You refuse to except that information because that would mean you have to be wrong.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 160 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 1:20:35 PM

All these efforts to downplay the torture aspect of waterboarding and to play up its effectiveness as an interrogation tool come from a dark place in the human psyche...

Its a good thing were only useing enhance interogation on those who seem to have already found that dark place in their own human psyche's
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 159 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 11:17:53 AM
Probably true it wasn't as severe at KSM's sessions but then again what info were we trying to extract from the MANCOW. He is a whimp. When Mancow starts masterminding the blowing up of building and mass killings, we should try again with more determination. I am kidding.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 157 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 10:44:49 AM
You know which enhance interogation I believe to be torture is? The one with the insect. They put a serious fear in me .. even the thought of squishing one is disgusting. When I was in the "latrine" in Korea this unexplainably ugly bug (it was monsterous) crawled under the bathroom stall and stared at me for a good 15 min. I was trapped and in fear of something. I thought it might jump at me or crawl on me. It was the worse 15 mins in my life. The bug eventually retreated and i carried a can of insect killer when I went to the latrine from then on.

Fear is such a huge mind game. I had never feared heights until my dad had and "on call" He was a Cable TECHnician. He asked me to come and he climbed up this tall latter and I was right behind him the latter didn't hit the top of the roof so it was a big stretch to pull yourself on to the roof. I locked up with the most incredible fear I had never experienced before. It took him a few mins to talk me onto the roof but i made it alive.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 156 (view)

Posted: 5/31/2009 10:09:35 AM
I watch the video on You Tube and he didn't get any water in his lungs cause I didn't see him coughing it out . That would be the only way he could be drowning from pouring water on his face. He was offer medical attention like 3 or 4 times after while he was interviewing and didn't accept until he was done talking. maybe 3 to 5 mins later I didn't pay much attention. He didn't look like he was gasping or coughing.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 135 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2009 12:31:02 PM
Britian, Austrailia , Canada, just some of the armed forces that were deployed to iraq and afghanistan. I am aware of only two Countries which refused any support and that was Germany and France.

You did a great job of not answering my question. I had hoped that you would commit to something. Make a solid decision on an action safeguarding the country and developing better security, but instead its more important to not offend the rest of the world because we got our feelings hurt.

I am sure you did your best though.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2009 9:20:59 AM
ps. instead of stooping the the hideous behavior of water boarding we should replace it with a respectable beheading.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 126 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2009 9:18:47 AM
Of course you have to beat down the victim now. I am not even going to there because for what ever reason Daniel was there it couldn't have possible justified his death, and if you say it does then I have to call you on that too because in your opinion KSM doesn't deserve waterboarding even though he has murdered more people then we will ever know for sure and yet Daniel deserved to have his head cut off because he was doing what??????
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 123 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2009 5:02:17 AM

I have stated what has happened on 9 11 and Daniel pearl were barbaric and disgusting yet you advocate using the same tactic's curious that.You know being as vicious as our enemies.Sorry to burst your bubble but it would be just as morally wrong to see an American soldier beheading a person as pearl was beheaded.Our nation should be above torture morally legally and the simple fact that numerous jags,interrogation experts CIA have all stated it is wrong.And lead's to false information.

As far as i know no American has cut off anyones head for a camera in the same manner that KSM did. Compareing the treatment that detainees get at Gitmo to the treatment of americans when in the clutches of Terrorist is hands down americans are brutalized ...
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 121 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 10:26:43 PM
Your right Barbe, I misspoke by saying it was useless .. You can always learn from the past.

Not that it matters, but that was my perspective at the time, too. I actively protested both our Afghanistan and Iraq actions. If you'd asked me the day after 9/11 what we should do it would have sounded much like what I just wrote./

Ok wvwaterfall i want to try something with you to maybe get an idea of what your tolerance level is.

You said your opinion based on what information was provided to you at the time of the towers falling, Planes flying into buildings such as the Pentagon, and trade center another plane flowned into the ground and people on the plane confirming the that it was being hijacked by terrorist later found to be Al Queda and the the search for Bin Laden in afhganistan after confirming that he was involved in 911 , Saddams antics in concealing the whereabouts of documented wmds and not cooperating with the UN and weapons inspectors stretching over several years. Saddams already known capabilities to deploy weapons of mass destruction on hundred of thousands of innocent people ,according to Sandy Berger on 10 separate occasions ... possible communications bettween Saddams regime and AL Quaeda bettween 1992 and 2003. Based on all this information Millions of peoples lives and futures hingeing on your decision to act in a timely manner and with impeccable judgement.

What decisions would you make to secure the nation and prevent possible future attacks?
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 118 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 8:18:26 PM

agree that the natural reaction is to lash out, but I really do wish that we had focused our violence on Bin Laden and his gang, rather than entire countries. I really think we could have enlisted the support of almost every other country in the world to hunt him down and bring him to justice. Instead we threw away all that international goodwill and set ourselves up for criticism.

Unfortunately, painting your own version of history doesn't make it so. A bit more detail happened, and Hind sight is a useless tool.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 7:17:22 PM
"My point is that we played right into their hands by exhibiting the behavior after 9/11 that we were accused of before. Had we managed the aftermath differently, Al Qaeda would have found little sympathy anywhere in the world."

In these situations your damned if you do or damned if you don't, naturally if your going to have the reputation of being a hard ass letting people walk all over you and disrupt you life and community is not going to make the bad people go away. Sometimes living up to the rep is important. Offense gives you better fighting positions after the battle has started. Battle was started a long time before 9/11 and that was the day we were made to be on the defensive. It should never happen again.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 34 (view)

Military burns unsolicited Bibles sent to Afghanistan
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:24:22 PM

Hmmm I don't know maybe because the bible itself represents apart of my whole entire faith. Whats the big deal if someone burns something that they hold strongly to...... That’s just like saying what diff does it make to burn someone else’s flag, it’s just a flag. What's the big deal? Hmmm I don't know maybe because it's sort of being disrespectful...

When an American Flag is retired it is common to ceremonally burn it. It of course is done out of respect as it is a symbol of pride and honor. Just throwing it away would be disrespectful.

I think under the circumstances the Miltary made a descision and an honorable one. The people who sent the Bibles obviously didn't know this could be seen as dishonorable thing. I think the Miltary handle the situation with respect as they always do.

Concerning the statement that people who hold different beliefs are treated differently in the miltary. I was a soldier in the Army for 4 years and I personally never saw this kind of treatment. I never saw any atheists , jews, christians mistreated. or singled out. But there was this one guy very religous , older guy, he was quiet and kept to himself, the guys teased him a little but more so cause he never reacted.. He just smiled this huge smile and nodded at them. He turned out to be more of a father figure to everyone. He was our squad leader and he was good at it. He was is great shape for his age and was well respected.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 138 (view)

Ann Coulter attacks single mothers in her new book.
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:43:50 PM

Love how a single woman with kids defends Coulter when she attacks single women with kids. Nothing says "stupid" as much as that.

Nothing says "hateful" as much as that statement.

I think you can't argue the truth in my statement so you attack me personally. I think its sad an pathetic and choose to not make the "descent" to your level.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 109 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 4:25:15 PM
KSM was interogated for 3 months daily and relentlessly. (thats how it works) It is reported that he was waterboarded 183 total in that time period of probably a month. Each time water was poured on to his head for a predetermined amount of time that is one water boarding session. So in one day who knows how many times they poured water on his face.

I still think that he got off easy.

He is a serial Murder!
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 108 (view)

Posted: 5/28/2009 4:10:18 PM
It's logical to believe that we treat different levels of criminal activity with different levels of punishment. If Khalid was to be prosecuted to full extent of the law in a capital punishment state he would no doubt get the death penalty but why kill this animal when he is a vast wealth of info. So if he his crimes are punishable by death then Waterboarding the freak of nature doesn't seem such a bad thing. Seriously he should live and be tortured every day of his life. Still he would not have paid for the pain and death he has mastermind.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 82 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 10:58:27 PM
It it well known that Kalid was water boarded an infamous 183 times in a 3 year period and wow with the wealth of knowledge we got from him .... it must of been EFFECTIVE interogation. I read it somewhere probably find it yourself if you really cared.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 9:39:27 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258817,00.html

WASHINGTON — Khalid Sheikh Mohammed portrayed himself as Al Qaeda's most ambitious operational planner in a confession to a U.S. military tribunal that said he planned and supported 31 terrorist attacks, topped by Sept. 11, that killed thousands of innocent victims since the early 1990s.

The gruesome attacks range from the suicide hijackings of Sept. 11, 2001 — which killed nearly 3,000 — to a 2002 shooting on an island off Kuwait that killed a U.S. Marine, according to an account released by the Pentagon.

Many plots, including a previously undisclosed plan to kill several former U.S. presidents, were never carried out or were foiled by international counterterror authorities.

"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation from A to Z," Mohammed said in a statement read Saturday during a Combatant Status Review Tribunal at the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Mohammed's confession was read by a member of the U.S. military who is serving as his personal representative.

The Pentagon released a 26-page transcript of the closed-door proceedings on Wednesday night. Some material was omitted, and it wasn't possible to immediately confirm details. The document refers to locations for which the United States and other nations have issued terrorism warnings based on what they deemed credible threats from 1993 to the present.Mohammed, known as KSM among government officials, was last seen haggard after his capture in March 2003, when he was photographed in a dingy white T-shirt with an over-stretched neck. He disappeared for more than three years into a secret detention system run by the CIA.

In his first public statements since his capture, his radical ideology and self-confidence came through. He expressed regret for taking the lives of children and said Islam doesn't give a "green light" to killing.

• Click here to see the Pentagon's transcript of the interview (pdf).

Yet he finds room for exceptions. "The language of the war is victims," he said.

He also said some people "consider George Washington as hero. Muslims many of them are considering Usama bin Laden. He is doing same thing. He is just fighting. He needs his independence."

In laying out his role in 31 attacks, his words drew Al Qaeda closer to plots of the early 1990s than the group has previously been linked, including the 1993 World Trade Center truck bombing in which six people died.

Six people with links to global terror networks were convicted in federal court and sentenced to life in prison for that attack.

• VIDEO: Mohammed Admits Planning Sept. 11 'From A to Z'

Mohammed made clear that al-Qaida wanted to down a second trans-Atlantic aircraft during would-be shoe bomber Richard Reid's operation.

And he confessed to the beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in a section of the statement that was excised from the public document, The Associated Press has learned. Pearl was abducted in January 2002 in Pakistan while researching a story on Islamic militancy. Mohammed has long been a suspect in the slaying, which was captured on video.

President Bush announced that Mohammed and 13 other alleged terror operatives had been moved from secret CIA prisons to the U.S. Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay last year. They are considered the 14 most significant captures since 9/11.

The military began the hearings last Friday to determine whether the 14 should be declared "enemy combatants" who can be held indefinitely and prosecuted by military tribunals.

If the 14 are declared enemy combatants, as expected, the military would then draft and file charges against them. The detainees would be tried under the new military commissions law signed by Bush in October.

The military barred reporters or other independent observers from the sessions for the 14 operatives and is limiting the information it provides about them, arguing that it wants to prevent the disclosure of sensitive information.

Legal experts have criticized the U.S. decision, and The Associated Press filed a letter of protest, arguing that it would be "an unconstitutional mistake to close the proceedings in their entirety."

The transcripts refer to a claim by Mohammed that he was tortured by the CIA, although he said he was not under duress at Guantanamo when he confessed to his role in the attacks. The CIA has said its interrogation practices are legal, and it does not use torture.

Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, questioned the legality of the closed-door sessions and whether the confession was actually the result of torture.

"We won't know that unless there is an independent hearing," he said. "We need to know if this purported confession would be enough to convict him at a fair trial or would it have to be suppressed as the fruit of torture?"

In listing the 28 attacks he planned and another three he supported, Mohammed said he tried to kill international leaders including Pope John Paul II, President Clinton and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.

He said he planned the 2002 bombing of a Kenya beach resort frequented by Israelis and the failed missile attack on an Israeli passenger jet after it took off from Mombasa, Kenya.

He also said he was responsible for the bombing of a nightclub in Bali, Indonesia. In 2002, 202 were killed when two nightclubs there were bombed.

Other plots he said he was responsible for included planned attacks against the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Empire State Building and New York Stock Exchange in New York City, the Panama Canal, and Big Ben and Heathrow Airport in London — none of which happened.

The Pentagon also released transcripts of the hearings of Abu Faraj al-Libi and Ramzi Binalshibh. Both refused to attended the hearings, although al-Libi submitted a statement claiming that the hearings are unfair and that he will not attend unless it is corrected.

"The detainee is in a lose-lose situation," he said.

Al-Libi, whose name means he is a Libyan, reportedly masterminded two bombings 11 days apart in Pakistan in December 2003 that targeted Musharraf for his support of the U.S.-led war on terror.

Binalshibh, a Yemeni, is suspected of helping Mohammed with the Sept. 11 attack plan on New York City and Washington and is also linked to a foiled plot to crash aircraft into London's Heathrow Airport. His hearing was conducted in his absence.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 7:55:28 PM
wow, thats a lot of hate and misleading info in one post it would take more time then i have to even start and then ultimately you would still believe the way you do so basically a waste of time.

I will say one thing pertaining to "Danny's" Death.. I would volunteer to be waterboarded over and over by****Cheney before I would volunteer to be place in the hands of the man who took "Danny's " life. Maybe you would choose the murder believing that he would spare your life because you pretend to care about his, but he will never ever pretend to care. If your lucky he would make it a quick death if your not then he will make it slow so he can watch the horror , confusion and betrayal on your face as the knife's seraded and sharp edge rips at the tender flesh of your neck cutting the juglar and esophagus till it hits the neck bone. Enjoying the cracking of bone and cartilage as the knife breaks through and quickly finishes the job. Years later ... your death means nothing because your murderer was offered way more compassion then you were ever offered. Thats very disturbing. Your compassion for the people who live this way and justify this murderous contempt for human life is inconceivable.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 6:21:32 PM
Clinton speech 2002,

Clinton: So we tried to be quite aggressive with them [al Qaeda]. We got – well, Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we'd been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start dealing with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America. So I pleaded with the Saudis to take him, 'cause they could have. But they thought it was a hot potato and they didn't and that's how he wound up in Afghanistan.

Clinton admits to knowing as far back as 1996 that Bin Ladin had intentions to murder and terrorize the american people and he ignored them for years! Bush and Cheney in office less then 9 months and they obviously are the bad guys. They ignored one memo most likely buried in a mountain of intelligence memos.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 5:51:05 PM
So your saying American citizen Daniel Pearl deserved to have his Head cut off because he was a jew?? How many Palestinians did he kill personally.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 5:35:53 PM
I will try again , Ann wasn't attacking single Moms! She was giving up statistics that she found that show that an extremely high percentage of criminal behavior is found in persons raised by a single mothers. She goes on to not blame the Mothers so much as the liberal propoganda that is sent out encouraging woman and even glamorizing the whole single mom thing. Then when it falls apart and children become victims and are open to destructive behavior, lack of parental control and leading to criminal behavior.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 4:49:46 PM
I am sure I read something about an eye for and eye in the bible. So biblically it says ones punishment should suit his crime. I suppose if you cut off someones head cause you hate they're racial background, doesn't justify such a cruel act as pouring water on their face while restrained.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 4:41:09 PM
I never said cops water board on TV . What I refered to was they 're interogation techniques. Waterboarding is one form of interogation, and reguardless of what they say on liberal news forums it isn't the only valuable way to extract info. I realize of course you all have made up your mind and really aren't here to discuss facts but to some how make the former administration evil water wielding tyrants.

If you want proof that the interogation worked then find out how many lethal attacks by terrorists happened after 911. and then how many happen the previous 8 years. I can think of The USS Cole, Kobar towers (not sure about the spelling) it may of been in Saudi but it was against american troops. There was the first attempt to bomb the Twin towers which if the system had worked and Clinton and his admistration had done his job, possibly the 2nd and most deadly attack would never happened either.

If i remember correctly that Gorellic woman appointed by Clinton was a key factor in the fact that the intelligence communities were blocked from sharing valuble intelligence between agencies. He also had a few opprotunities to take the Osama Bin Laden into US custody but he just didn't have time for things like that. That really turned out to be an OOOOPS.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2009 5:50:35 AM
Interogations work, I suppose you people have never watched one of those cop shows. When people are unsure of what is happening to them and fear getting the whole brunt of the punishment they crack like easter eggs. Your not in intelligence field probably haven't any training what so ever on the effects of interogation techniques .. The human spirit is strong but everyone has there cracking point. Being able to find it and exploit it is something you learn, Its more Psychological then physical. Even though Mancow was never in any danger of drowning cause thats why they were doing it his mind still feared he might drown and the fear is what makes people willing to give up the truth.

The last thing is. You talk about how these people are going to admit to something they didn't do just to get you to stop. Well could be that they would, In the situation where waterboarding was used the people who were waterboarded were already known terrorists. They didn't have to admit to anything they didn't do. I believe it was Kalid Sheik Muhammad (waterboarded) that boasted before capture that he was the one who was responsible fore cutting off Daniel Pearls head. He probably had all kinds of other goodies to give up .... Reguardless of what he admitted to or didn't under interogation you already know the kind of man he is. Why defend someone who never gave a rats hiney about a innocent man, He didn't just drop water on his face he viciously sawed his head of probably while he screamed and tried to get away.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 133 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2009 11:47:19 PM
I didn't think Liberals were insulted by being identified with the gay lifestyle.. There isn't anything wrong with it.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2009 11:43:25 PM
Exactly admitting to anything and everything.. So do it enough times and I bet the info gets pretty accurate but if your a good interogator/torturer specialist you will know when the truth comes out. Then amazingly, they weigh this extracted info from other info from maybe more credible sources and the puzzle pieces start falling into place.. This all seems like new techniques that only the monster we affectionately call Cheney could possible dream up but I been thinking the intelligence community has been working and perfecting all these little puzzle peices for years and years, and there is a huge chance that they don't just rely solely on the "Waterboarding" technique although I still think its brilliant.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 132 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2009 11:30:37 PM
You could be right, Ann insults liberals as much as liberals insult the conservatives and somehow its only wrong if she does it.. go figure.

Lets see

Reagon was stupid
Bush was a idiot cowboy hick
Cheney was a monster.
conservatives are homophobic, sexist, racists, etc...
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2009 11:20:53 PM
This is a great thread. I saw the video and read all the post on how Mancow was skeptical about it being torture and then afterwards his views all changed. Clearly if you still think that this is not an effective way to extract information from terrorist you miss one of the last things he said before he went off to get checked out by the medics. I paraphrase of course, but what he said was he couldn't call it torture until he experienced it, and he wouldn't do it again. Isn't that the key. He was never really in fear he trusted the people who were doing this to him but the fear that the feeling of not being able to take that breath was enough that he would not willingly put himself back on the table and subject himself to that trama or torture. If the fear is that great then it is effective enhanced interogation aka torture. I think its brilliant. The guy lives through it and you play on his worst fear of not being able to breathe. sounds like a great alternative to cutting off fingers and electical shock.. bamboo under the fingernails, flushing Korans shooting out knee caps making them face east when they use the potty, and even the old dependable threat of beheading... Win win situation... I vote for WATERBOARDing if Mancow can do it hardened Terrorist would be less then men to refuse to give it a whirl.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 131 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2009 10:46:15 PM

My understanding is that she is attacking the liberal media, beit tv programing or movies that have not only glamorized the "single mother" thing but taken it to new level by making it the in thing to have a child with out a father or husband. Ann feels as most christians that although a mother is a extrodinary person and is capable of raising a perfectly heathly well adjusted child, a father is very important and they serve a valuable purpose in raising children. Sometimes single parent homes don't work and she quotes statistics that say overwelming amout of criminal behavior is committed by persons who were raised by a single mother. She isn't saying that all single moms raise criminals and blaming them. Like always people are offend by Ann cause she isn't afraid address the elephant in the room and she isn't afraid to take the punches of people who are offended by her forward an unwavering style. She says what she knows to be the truth and she stands up for it. Pretty remarkable woman to say the least. You like her or you don't. People will continue to twist her words but she is a brilliant woman and she knows what she talks about.

My other thing is i read the very first post which sorta ran quickly though what happened on "The View" and it was very misleading and left the reader to believe Ann was insulting Barbra and that not at all what it was happening even though like most interviews with Ann she was never allowed to speak in full sentences because the people on the panel of guests or interviewers interupt constantly. She fights to get her point across.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 545 (view)

Over for Mccain?
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:42:03 PM
When I was in the Miltary, we travel with our own water purification unit. State of the art equipment. I haven't been in the miltary now for many years but I am curious as why the miltary doesn't use their own for the water purification purposes.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 135 (view)

Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:07:17 PM
I am really happy with how well Govenor Palin did in the VP debate.

McCain/Palin 08
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 9/9/2008 9:19:07 PM
I did hear about her visit I never denied that she went. I am sure you know that she was and is very active in the Halo foundation which goes to war torn communities and has made medical services available and also active in land mine removal.

I don't know what her purpose was in going into Georgia, I don't think It was campaign related or politicaly related.

I am sure your not bashing any one. And knowing that you have doubts about Palin and this just assures me that you too can relate to how I feel about Obama. 10 fold.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 50 (view)

ABC's Charles Gibson lands First interview with Sarah Palin
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:25:56 PM
I was going to vote for McCain before now I am Happily voting for McCain.

With all the deception on the left concerning Senator Obama's Past associations with terrorist, Muslim extremist, Racists an so on. Your outrage at the Ebay comment is humorous. She obviously was going for the humorOus side of the subject. It worked too it was incredible speech'and she did a great job.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2008 1:02:17 PM
I think Obama might have been giving Sarah a little dig when he invited her to play a game of HORSE.

I played it when I was a kid

I would relate to a One poker player saying to another poker player I will challenge you to a game of GO Fish. Some might get insulted...
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 89 (view)

Palin Offers First Television Interview to ABC
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:39:57 PM
Your right I did as you said and I opologize to the forum participants and mostly to Miss Teach.......
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 86 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2008 11:49:08 AM

Your right. Back on topic.
So why do you think Palin has DUCKED being interviewed? And why is the interviewed scheduled this week with PRE-CONDITIONS?
I'd love to hear you SPIN on this.

"I Think" That Palin is being schooled on her running mate and if the handlers feel she is ready to participate in an interview and give educated answers to the tickets standings on issues they will make her available. I wonder why it took two years for Obama to agree to interview with O'Reily. I wonder what his preconditions were.

Maybe his handlers haven't been able to get him school as quickly as Palin
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2008 11:39:16 AM
I am not ducking out on anything.. I just know your baiting me and interested in having me suspended. If you would like to pose those questions in a different thread opened for that topic i will respond.

Sorry

*Baiting, huh...funny. Since you fired the first shot in a bunch off flame-bait, trolling posts I'd suggest humble silence on your part miss and sticking to the topic from now on or temporary suspension will be the LEAST of your worries.

As to the rest of you. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! You just end up getting stuck to their crap and going out the door with them.* TheMadFiddler - PoF Forum Moderator
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2008 11:35:58 AM
When was Cindy considered next in line as Foreign policy expert? Cindy has accomplish lots of great humanitarian efforts in many foreign countrys. She is compassionate to the needs of the people and will find her place in the White house as Mrs Clinton and Mrs Bush. I highly doubt you have such things to worry about.
 tireofbeinglonely2
Msg: 317 (view)

Sarah Palin's 17 year old pregnant daughter!
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:57:49 AM

yes she has...altho not in those exact words. She stated that she felt there are indiviuals in this country whom she feels are an abomination and should have their constitutional rights curtailed. Now if she isnt talking about gays, then Im Engelbert

kissnguy

Your right those aren't her exact words. When you find where she did say she hates gays and you feel you can provide me with substance then we can talk about it.

Show ALL Forums