Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is she leading him on?
 PC2000
Msg: 21 (view)

Is she leading him on?
Posted: 6/24/2007 10:49:27 AM
If you don't see anything wrong with your friend behavior, setting her committed b/f up for a painful disappointment you probably have the same moral values than she does.

Since I am a nice guy I will refrain from writing down in this forum the proper adjective that best describes your friend's approach to relations. Making this guy think that everything is OK in the relation meanwhile she is searching for another victim it is just plain wrong.

BTW she is making the same mistake as she did in her marriage.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 31 (view)

Ex threatening suicide
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:40:28 AM
Your kids safety should be number one concern You got pretty good advice already from PoF fellows here, try to follow them.

Based on your posted question, you have been separated for about six months only and on your profile you mention that you will like to meet someone to see what happens .... I hope he is not the type that will take his anger out by hurting your date .... think about it, after all there are not many places in Aviston where you can go without being unnoticed.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 30 (view)

Who cheats more, men or women?
Posted: 6/22/2007 9:17:18 AM
Who cares, it doesn't matter as long as it is not your partner who does it.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 41 (view)

when a women says it's moving to fast
Posted: 6/14/2007 7:18:07 PM
OP
Based on the information you provided I will say that Yes it is almost over and Yes you are being dumped using the "get to know each other better" strategy. The reason why she is using this strategy is because she is unsure about your reaction to a fast clean cease of relations.

Don't worry she will tell you in a few weeks that still you two could be friends to sugar coating even more the dump.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 14 (view)

At what point should a woman leave if her spouse is lying to her?
Posted: 6/14/2007 6:11:27 PM
OP,
............ "Am I overeacting or should I stop wasting my time?????? " .

The scenery route you took six months ago isn't taking you anywhere plus the driving conditions are getting unenjoyable and the only thing you are being fed is baloney.

Stop at your nearest opportunity and take a close look at your map to see how can you go back to the main road before wasting another six moths.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 44 (view)

Father/Daugher relationship- - - Need some advice please
Posted: 6/14/2007 5:29:16 AM
hockeybabe19,
Based on what you mentioned on your post I don't think you are very happy to see your mother back in talking terms with your father. You should consider very seriously to go to counseling yourself.

You mentioned that you will change when you see results, tell that baloney to your friends, they will agree with you, but remember those results already are happening in front and around you and you refuse to see them. Your mother is right about telling you to stay out from the Winnipeg trip if you will act like a .............. ( put your own adjective ).

I wonder how you will feel if tomorrow something happen to him and you end up having to live all your life thinking about what you could have said to him.

Don't take a chance, if you can't do it at least show him (you will know how) your support. In the process you will learn a couple of things about relations that you may need in your future.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 6 (view)

Women, just stop talking! lol
Posted: 6/9/2007 4:44:32 PM
to msg 2

.... a good one ....LMAO !
 PC2000
Msg: 12 (view)

'Something' in a background check,,,,
Posted: 6/7/2007 9:14:31 AM
OP

Any normal person without hidden agendas should understand the reasons behind such an action, therefore I don't see why he should get into the revenge mode. The fact that you took the time to check tells me that you were to a point interested in going further with this person.

If you dismiss him based on what you had found, tell him about it and later on you find out that you were looking at the wrong records, you are going to feel a little bit moronic.

IMO you should not lower yourself to the same level of those women going tru life feeding baloney left and right, to achieve their objectives and/or advance their agendas.

I think there is a better way to approach the issue .... instead of you having to worry about doing the calling/dumping /blocking, etc., make him drop you as a hot potato. It is all in the strategy. Think, use your common sense and be prepared to face the flip side of the coin .

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 28 (view)

OK tell me what you think of this...
Posted: 6/7/2007 4:33:06 AM
Jason,

What do I think ? ........ you are not the main course anymore.
If it is really true you have learned from your mistakes, you should know what to do !.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 20 (view)

Ever Been Envious of Happy Couples?
Posted: 6/6/2007 1:32:04 PM
Once upon a time I did too, but later on I realized that one thing is what you see and another one is what they live .

PC2000

Ron .... are you sure the guys you saw yesterday were not the players from PoF ?
 PC2000
Msg: 15 (view)

No sex drive?!
Posted: 6/5/2007 8:53:44 AM
It sounds like a joke on Late Night show with Jay Leno ......

What is wrong with our teachers today ???

............... in Bentonville Arkansas there is a teacher complaining about her sex drive being gone and not getting sexually interested with anyone .....

helloooo ......... did you ever think you are teaching the wrong students ??

Now that it is out of my system I can give you my answer ...... It is nothing wrong with you, but it sounds to me that lately you are having too much baloney in your life.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 11 (view)

what would you do???
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:35:15 PM
OP
It will be wise if you remove your PoF profile ASAP and use this opportunity to reassure her that you two are a couple. Do not say anything about it, just show her your unconditional commitment to the relation and you will be rewarded ten fold.

You have what it takes to handle it and I am sure you are able to exercise your common sense and recognize that women able to press all your bottons in every way don't grow on trees. Good luck.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 2 (view)

whats the deal ?
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:33:23 AM
devil30,

It is up to you if you want to have your children growing up in such environment but moving up the road without further resolutions and confirmed changes isn't going to help your living nightmare.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 9 (view)

help!! dont know how to date!!!
Posted: 5/31/2007 9:02:50 PM
cmw25

................ " but i dont want to scare him off.. because i really do like him!! "

don't worry, just keep the communications lines open and if something is meant to happen, it will happen !!.

PC2000
 PC2000

Should I give him the benefit of doubt?
Posted: 5/31/2007 5:45:22 PM
OP

what do you think ..... TRUST in your relation has been eliminated, who is going to put it back ... the ex ?. It is just a matter of time.

pc2000
 PC2000
Msg: 37 (view)

Ex-Pics:
Posted: 5/31/2007 1:50:32 PM
OP

............." I told him to send her packing, but the idiot really does love her ".

Are you implying that he is an idiot for loving her or for not seeing your motives behind your disinterested advise of sending her packing ?.

Maybe if you give him your best CPR ........

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 33 (view)

why cant men just say it like it is
Posted: 5/30/2007 12:51:05 PM
muffin75.

It is the typical no win situation, bad if you do, bad if you don't .

........"us girls can take it"

A couple of days ago I was reading a forum from a lady that posted her date's letter honest opinion on what he thought about her. Even though on her profile listed honesty as a requirement in her partner, she was all out of shape for getting his honest answer.

Older guys have been burned too many times for being honest, as a matter of fact comedians use the subject over and over again because the flip flop is a fact of life that is funny. Now make a guess ........ what gender do you think will end the up holding the short end of the stick ?

......" Is it the genes or what? "
No it is not. It is the manifestation of the ARSE (Acquired Relation Survival Experience ) syndrome. It takes time to develop and even longer to master it.

Don't worry eventually you will find some one that is slow learner..... in the mean time bate (aim for) fish that never had a long term marriage experience or individuals that were never been involved in long term relations.

Good luck

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 7 (view)

How does dating work these days
Posted: 5/27/2007 11:59:18 AM
lovelylady6,
Congratulations on your wise decision to join one of the leading virtual establishments for the cheaters, players, bullshitters, cons, perverts and other high quality whatevers that are waiting to make you believe they are the best you can find in your life ( my ex used to tell me the same ), also you will find (to a lower extent) the real, normal and frustrated individuals that are disregarded as too normal.

Me ?......... well after a long time out of the game, I was just like you lost and without a clue about the current dating rules. Now, I feel like an expert because I realize that no one has a clue either. Again, welcome to the market and I hopefully you will not have to kiss too many frogs.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 17 (view)

Should I???
Posted: 5/26/2007 9:18:21 PM
Oestonee,

You know better that anyone here your situation. If one thing I learn in my life is that here nobody gives anything for nothing. You are an adult and your almost empty plate has been filled with an offer which may be, in the short term, a solution until you cache up with your finances.

Take it, and negotiate to your advantage the time value of the deal, make sure the contract has a clause that will provide you with an equity position on house appreciation among many other things. If you decide to go with the deal, now is the time to plan in your favor for the failure of it.

Consider the alternatives ...... maybe getting involved here in PoF with a player that will waste your time and emotional capital or maybe not but so far, I don't see too many interested individuals on your favor list.

BTW, this arrangement is done more often than people think.

PC2000
 PC2000

Should I pretend to be more helpless?
Posted: 5/26/2007 5:46:33 PM
Absolutely NO. I have known really smart men ( in their field) that didn't even know from which end to grab a hammer. You never know when you are going to need your skills. BTW your girl-friend really let her dumb blondie out with that advise.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 143 (view)

is it ok to wear a ring worn by another woman?
Posted: 5/26/2007 3:28:54 PM
At our age it ill be moronic to think our partner didn't have a life before us . As an example I could tell you that years ago my ex s/o made the decision (with my money) to spend the engagement ring money on four porcelain tooth cups she need it badly .

Today, she is in another state and living with someone. Knowing her dislike to spend money on symbols ( hey maybe that was my red flag but at that time made a lot of sense ) I seriously doubt they spent the money for her to replace those cups nor I think the guy refuses to get any oral enjoyment because of it.

Moral of the story .... a ring does not make a relation, there are more important issues to work out than showing off to the girlfriends the new ring.

Now, I wonder how many women that have barked here at wearing the same ring or what ever, will bark at getting half equity from the house where they lived, just curious.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 137 (view)

is it ok to wear a ring worn by another woman?
Posted: 5/26/2007 12:33:24 PM
Do you think that the queen of England didn't want the crown because other woman had it before her.

You are the queen now and that crown (diamond ring) belongs to you, wear it with pride because at the end of the day it is on your hand .

If you ware it on the wrong hand you constantly are going to think about loosing a battle (the split ) but if you ware it on the right hand, you will be thinking that you won the war and will move on to more important things.

I could tell you some stories about my 2nd ex second hand diamond engagement ring but for that I have to date you and as far as I know you are disqualified.

Remember .... he worked hard to buy it, be proud because it has history and now you are the queen.... MOVE ON and enjoy life.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 219 (view)

Suppose you were stuck single forever...
Posted: 5/26/2007 11:10:00 AM
leafslady ..... either you don't go out or there are plenty of men in need of an oculist in the Niagara Region ......

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 112 (view)

Are you willing to relocate for LOVE? How far would you go for LOVE?
Posted: 5/26/2007 6:47:51 AM
Did it twice, both big time moves.
Considering my experience, now I will have to have a very clear picture of the situation with all the Ts crossed and Is dotted and even with that, I will think it, not twice but four times before I do it again.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 40 (view)

what do you think
Posted: 5/25/2007 1:47:08 PM
Oops... sorry, I got in the lady's room by mistake.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 5 (view)

Why It's So Diffcult to Get a New Relationship to Fly!
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:46:07 PM
Starting a new relationship isn't difficult at all if one has enough appetite to eat the baloney available on line. Getting it off the ground and running depends on how much you are willing to invest.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 29 (view)

Is Marriage Obsolete?
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:10:15 PM
to msg 9

..... " I've known some people too who co-habitated for years (5-8) and then got married and then the s*** hit the fan " .

IMB that is called SALT (Second Agenda Long Term) strategy and BTW it is not what marriage does to people but how some people uses marriage to get .................... (you can fill in the blank ).

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 71 (view)

How important are table manners to you?
Posted: 5/24/2007 1:55:08 PM
I think I met a while back the savages sister ...... oh what a lunch !
... acting with no manners on a first date in a public place disqualified her for a second chance to make a first impression. I can't even imagine how she acted in her own home.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 18 (view)

Cheater getting cheated on
Posted: 5/23/2007 4:02:00 PM
mrhockey,

Regardless of what I think of your morals you don't hold her exclusive cheating rights.
You got what you were asking for on your profile.

Birds of the same feather .....

PC2000
 PC2000

can a relationship survive a 45 year age gap,
Posted: 5/21/2007 7:46:12 AM
John,
Do not say anything that will puss him to show you who has the title ( and the money) ....... will you feel better if someone with the same motives but closer to his age gets involved with him ?.

Don't blame her for being in the right place at the right time and knowing what bottoms to push....... if the business is worth hundreds of millions of pounds are you sure it was destiny ? do your homework and learn about the person (s) that hired her and put her in the right place.

Personally I think your father has a sense of humor and clearly is taken advantage of the double meaning of 69 and having fun with it, after all he only has one year to do it but in the process he is finding out a few things. Good for him.

Now, if you have a say in the company and still you think your fathers judgment is clouded by thinking with the wrong head then create more clouds and make the perfect storm to that head by bringing in competition...... make sure your father takes his daily extra doses of vitamins :) because, after all you don't have any motives, do you ?

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 17 (view)

2nd marriages & $$$$$
Posted: 5/21/2007 3:28:53 AM
Fingerscrossed2

....... use your common sense but without more info I will have to say start looking for the address of a high quality cleaners near you !.

PC2000
 PC2000

Is sex chatting online cheating?
Posted: 5/19/2007 6:27:49 AM
Yes it is .

" What would you do if you found out your partner was having sex chat/email online? " ...... I will find out why and then work on it, because definitely something will be missing in the relation.

The fact that you already have a profile looking for chatting too, ( BTW, it looks pretty obvious that it has a hidden agenda) puts you at the same level or even lower than him because you already are trying to build a bridge before even trying to find out the truth.

PC2000
 PC2000

Does friends with benefits ever work?
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:28:40 AM
I don't know, I never had such arrangement in my life, but I have the feeling that it provably will not work with me.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 10 (view)

Do we really want whole truth?
Posted: 5/16/2007 8:03:15 PM
babygrumpybear,

It is very nice to start a new relation being totally honest, however at this early stage the truth in some areas could have a double edge component which could go either way.
It is better to play the 5th, have a temporary hearing loss or just create a notebook for questions to be answered after the first anniversary.

What ever you decide, do not lie at this stage because, if the relation grows to higher levels, it definitely could have an impact on trust..... good luck and congratulations !

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 226 (view)

Whats the Best Accent you've hear that you love... and why
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:16:29 PM
Mine because .....well....... it is for me to know and for you to find out

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 173 (view)

Would You Help An Ex In Need?
Posted: 5/8/2007 9:55:15 PM
It depends on the situation, circumstances and request, but if is a valid need and I am in a position to help, most definitely I will do it, provided that no other sources (family, friends, lovers) were available to help her at that time.

PC2000
 PC2000

closure
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:39:33 PM
italiancuteguy

Yes do it! ....... but instead of one letter you need to write THREE:

First one you write it to get all out, but it is of paramount importance that you DO NOT send it to no one.

Second one you DO send it to her, but make sure the letter contains only a blank paper ( it has a meaning and she will never forget it) and in your way to Norristown ( to make some meditation :) on your future of course) make sure you drop the letter in the town of Intercourse (very important step).

Third one you DO send it to yourself, but in this one you are going to write the steps that you are going to take to get yourself ready to tango again. Make sure to include a time table to achieve your goal. Any delay on your critical path will be a clear indication that still you need more meditation in Norristown.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 35 (view)

Plentyoffish Compatibility Test.
Posted: 5/5/2007 12:17:02 PM
My compatibility test results were fairly accurate and consistent with my character. Since I tend to agree with Dou01 on his assessment of this test........

“ it isn't long enough to minimize the possibility of people just answering what they know should be the way they feel rather than how they really do.”

..... for curiosity I analyzed the users compatibility test forum feedback answers based on gender versus test like/dislike and concluded that there is a well balanced relationship between the opposite gender and their test opinions.

Primarily I found out that females report significantly more accurate results that males and this is good news for me and the other males looking for a mate. Even though I started to see trends and correlations between opinions/profile/gender/age which could very well lead to interesting findings, I am not going to go any further. Also Eternelle’s opinion on the way the score is presented, could very well be the logical explanation to an opposite test result report.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 38 (view)

What do men think when their wives are aging and losing their figure?
Posted: 5/4/2007 3:36:50 PM
PO
Is this your strategy to find a sugar daddy with younger guys on the side ?.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 9 (view)

Just wanted a bit of advice
Posted: 5/3/2007 5:07:20 PM
Step back and read your own writing twice a day until you are able to see the red flags then go to your favorite pass-time of chasing squirrels and within a couple of sessions you will be ready to start taking again your share of on line baloney.
Don't worry there is plenty for everybody to go around. Good luck !!

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 25 (view)

Are my feelings of jealousy my problem?
Posted: 5/3/2007 10:55:01 AM
No one here will be able to wave any magic wand and make the issue disappear. There is only one person to make it go away, and you already have her reaction. I agree with Indigo Rose about " You don't just instantly dump everyone from your life when you begin dating someone." however, my experience tells me that an honesty crack on the relationship foundation, with time and the proper baloney, it will weaken and undermine the building blocks of trust.

I don't think you are dumb enough to think that she never had a life before you met her, but she must also recognized that it is at the beginning of a serious relation when the seeds of mistrust can fall on a fertile ground and eventually germinate if not properly removed.

If she is really serious not only she have the perfect opportunity to turn around the ex b/f emails and use them to build with you that foundation, but also the opportunity to reassure herself, the depth of your feelings and commitment for her.

In the other hand, if she neither does take advance of the situation nor wants to talk about it and just only want you to unconditionally trust her, then start withholding the emotional capital investment going into the relation because you are going to need it, after a possible second agenda hits you, where it hurts.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 6 (view)

just a question
Posted: 5/1/2007 6:51:28 PM
You are doing just fine .... no need to change anything, just keep doing what ever you are doing until you come across the one that will make you jump up and down a sofa !

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 34 (view)

Do I / Dont I???????
Posted: 5/1/2007 6:11:37 PM
Good luck duckling31 !!!

I have the feeling you have made up your mind already..... I don't blame you, that comute is for the birds :)

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 2 (view)

Textmessaging on a date
Posted: 4/29/2007 12:02:25 PM
Don't take it like being rude ..... take it as a lack of maturity ..... keep moming ... clock is ticking !

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 53 (view)

Okay, This is a serious problem!?
Posted: 4/28/2007 2:26:59 PM
"........ she says she is just not into it anymore" baloney !!!

IMO you created your own situation by taking things for granted ....... when was the last time you got her some flowers for no reason ? or give her that little surprise that made her feel desired...... She is your wife but above all she is a woman.

Grow up and smell the coffee because this is a mayor warning you should not disregard, unless of course you don't care.

She does not have to open her legs at anytime you do so desire, just because she is your wife. Give her back her feminine confidence before somebody else does and you will be able, not only save your marriage, but to rediscover the sexual enjoyment, that once upon a time, you two experienced.

All this could have cost you a fraction of what you paid for a private investigator.......

You paid 18k on baloney, now eat all your baloney !!!.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 11 (view)

Would you date someone....
Posted: 4/28/2007 6:40:33 AM
Once I new someone using that same line quite successfully ......

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 22 (view)

good looking men
Posted: 4/25/2007 3:40:11 PM
to msg 25

... " In the end these average looking men are the ones that will attract and keep a real woman for life! " ....... AMEN !!!

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 13 (view)

Re: Guys on POF
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:34:57 AM
......." I hate to say it but I do not take guys on POF Very Seriously " .... being 41 and having such an understanding of life speak volumes of yourself ...... Your disqualification has been accepted, try looking two doors down the hall to your right.

PC2000
 PC2000
Msg: 27 (view)

Saying I love you without having even met
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:31:20 PM
soberkitty
Without knowing the context in which the " I love you " sentence was used, along with the background and circumstances that caused him to have such a virtual affection reaction, any opinion (including yours ) is nothing more than just that ......... opinions.

Move at your own pace, but dig dipper and reach further to find out the real "why" behind it. Don't automatically assume he is "knots" just for that, who knows maybe there was a perfectly valid reason at that time, or he was meaning something else ..... you know the exactly same word used to describe a feeling, when used with a different intonation, can have a totally different meaning.

PC2000
 PC2000

I GIVE UP!!!
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:55:30 AM
Give up ??

Take it as a life learning experience and move on..... for the next one you will be one more failure wiser .........

PC2000

Show ALL Forums