Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Profile Review
 anirup
Msg: 3 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 9/3/2012 11:51:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. I made some changes to my profile based on your tips. It would be nice if you have another look at it.

I couldn't make much changes to the pictures part as I needed to transfer the new images from my camera to computer and I am bit busy now. Leaving that behind,
what do you think about my profile?
 anirup
Msg: 1 (view)

Profile Review
Posted: 9/1/2012 2:22:10 PM
Hello everyone, I recently thought about giving online dating a try. I am new to the game so it would be nice if someone gives me tips on improving my profile.
I have no such experience. Thanks in advance.
 anirup
Msg: 3573 (view)

GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 7/7/2012 5:30:20 PM

So I'm interested in how many men would wait till marriage if they met the right woman?

I can wait.Its not a big deal.There are some qualities that I value more than sex.
 anirup
Msg: 6 (view)

Regret?
Posted: 6/29/2012 1:18:08 AM
Well there are some things which I wished, I had done differently but then everyone makes mistakes so as long as one learns from his/her mistakes it should be good.Thinking about what I should and shouldn't have done just holds you back.
 borazon
Msg: 37 (view)

Relationships and Facebook
Posted: 3/5/2012 5:55:17 PM
I don't know if Facebook causes relationship problems but its a good place to know that you got dumped.It has happened to me twice :-P
 borazon
Msg: 2 (view)

HELP!. Should I just give up??
Posted: 2/20/2012 1:45:02 AM
Stop complaining.The problem is with your profile.Improperly constructed sentences are turn off for plenty of women.Then 5 lines say nothing about you,you need to be more elaborate.
 borazon
Msg: 39 (view)

Emailing, Texting, or Calling
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:07:03 PM
I always prefer phone calls.My current phone plan requires me to pay for each and every message so I try to avoid texts as much as possible.Also,you can say tons with a phone call compared to what you can do with hundreds of emails or texts.
 borazon
Msg: 17 (view)

Have you ever hurt anybody along the path to find true love?
Posted: 2/19/2012 8:57:05 PM
I have hurt people plenty of times by my action and many of times I have been hurt by other people actions.
However as long as its not intentional,we should move on and accept it.The pain seems terrible but everything in life happens for a reason and we should learn from it.
 borazon
Msg: 10 (view)

To break No Contact or not to break it?
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:40:06 PM
Sometimes people may be genuinely busy.I am very busy now and it would be very difficult to find time for someone now.You needed to look from his point of view too.However there is no harm in sending him a message.I have a gut feeling,he will respond back because if he looks from your point of view,you were not wrong either.
 borazon
Msg: 19 (view)

Completely naive...should I give up.
Posted: 1/23/2012 6:24:20 AM
Where there is a will,there is a way.Keep on trying and stay positive.3-4 women is nothing as such.
I think you should ask your profile to be reviewed in the profile reviews section.

I don't have much experience as far as online dating is concerned since I am not looking to date anyone as of now.But in real life I have been dumped multiple times but I don't lose hope.There have always been valid reasons for me getting dumped.I got scared when the girl tried to kiss me for the first time.Then once,while most people wear their best on a date,I went on a date wearing boxers!I had been naive but now I have learned from the experiences.
 borazon
Msg: 6 (view)

Would you marry a girl 9 years older?
Posted: 1/19/2012 8:00:37 PM
Well seriously speaking,I would never have a problem.Age shouldn't be a barrier.As long as,I love the person and the other person loves me,I am fine.
 borazon
Msg: 14 (view)

Do you ever become discouraged by the endings of relationships?
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:43:44 PM
I never get discouraged.I somewhat believe that everything is a learning experience.It teaches and trains you to be a better person.Sometimes the pain that we experience,really helps in longer term.
 borazon
Msg: 651 (view)

HELP ME - GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN WITH TOO MANY MEN??
Posted: 1/16/2012 6:03:06 PM

Im wondering now if most 28 year old girls are like this and I just didn't know?. Should I let her go and leave her to search for guy number 10?

I think you should trust her. At least she told you the truth.

Personally casual sex is a turn off for me but its not a deal breaker.If given an option,I would always try to date a person who never had casual sex though.I never had sex with anyone,I don't love but that was primarily because of the fact that I was given sex education right from the age of 12.

On a separate question, she is on the pill: is it safe to have sex with her without a condom?.She always insists on a condom even though she has been on the pill for 2 years with me : We don't or never had any std's or anything

Its always good to have the condom on.
 borazon
Msg: 27 (view)

Cheater.....
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:40:52 PM

Is it cheating if for 12 years you tried counseling with your spouse......
Is it cheating if you have been turned down for romance for years....
Is it cheating if you find another person who is in the same exact boat at you and all you do is develope a "working relationship" in that 1 area that you both need.
Soooooo.....if you are NOT sleeping with your spouse after repeated attempts with NO success.....and you find another to fit the bill.....and only that bill.....with no intentions on either side to leave the spouses behind? Is that Cheating?

Yes.She doesn't want to have sex with you,respect it and if that is creating a problem for you,leave her but you just can't sleep with someone else while being in relationship with her.
 borazon
Msg: 11 (view)

THE CHASE: Do guys really want the girl or the process?
Posted: 1/13/2012 2:59:31 PM
I seriously never gave thought about it.Its more about liking each other.So it doesn't matter who initiates it first.Thing is if you like a person make sure the other person knows about it.

Part of it has to do at least indirectly with the ongoing system of inheritance that emphasizes the male line (it is still more common, and supported/pushed by law and business paradigms) as being the one that is carried forward by the birth of children. This is why the last name is still commonly changed to the males when two people marry.

A lot of it depends upon our thought process.My mother still uses her surname before marriage along with the surname from my father's family.I seriously won't have a problem if the person changes her surname after marriage or not.Its all up to her.I guess the most important thing in a relationship is love and as long as it is there,small things like this shouldn't be a problem.
 borazon
Msg: 4 (view)

Please help! In need of some solid words of advice
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:47:52 PM
Give him some space.He needs time to heal from the setback caused by the accident.In the mean time try keeping yourself busy with some other tasks.
 borazon
Msg: 136 (view)

Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:25:49 PM

When they can totally disassociate themselves from the damage that they've done, and and accept zero responsibility for their actions, then life becomes one big party for them.

Okay maybe its true but I can't disassociate myself from the fact that I took revenge.So I am hurting myself more. Yeah the person hurt me but taking revenge means I am doubling the pain because first there is the pain caused by she hurting me and then there is the pain of the revenge which hurt her,which I feel because I liked her(you just cannot like the person one day and hate her the next day). So even if it seems I won by taking revenge,I actually turned out to be even more sore loser.
 borazon
Msg: 135 (view)

Revenge an eye for an eye?
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:58:00 PM
I guess staying indifferent as mentioned in previous posts is the best option.I took revenge and realize it caused me even more pain and in some way I lowered my "standards". It was the first and the last time I took revenge. People who hurt others would never find happiness themselves.So no use wasting our time trying to hurt them.
 borazon
Msg: 769 (view)

Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Posted: 1/10/2012 2:33:48 PM
Its always good to sign a prenuptial agreement.At least I can ensure that girls who cheat or lie are not the ones I am spending my life.
 borazon
Msg: 284 (view)

Why a virgin?
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:04:18 PM
I don't think its the virgin problem.I never had sex with someone whom I don't love so someway I expect the same from the other person.Casual sex is in someway a turn off for me.
 borazon
Msg: 23 (view)

The WAVE... what do you think??
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:59:32 AM

Have you experienced it... on either end??

I never did it myself but I have been on the recipient end couple of times.It didn't hurt much the first time but the second time it did hurt a lot.I was like always there whenever the person needed help and suddenly bolt from the blue,she labels me obsessed and the funny part I learned about it after I came back home in the evening,after I was done helping her with her work.That too I had to find out on Facebook.I confronted her and these are the reasons she gave.I send her emails daily.Well yes I did send her emails daily but 70% of it was related to her work!

I learned to recognize that mental defect

I don't think it is a mental defect.In my case I guess,the person stressed out because of her work overload.(Funny that I was helping her reduce it). Even I have lot of work overloads and sometimes my sleep cycles reduces to 3-4 hours a day but I won't do the wave thing to someone.

Show ALL Forums