Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: do not understand men on POF
 photopilot1
Msg: 7 (view)

do not understand men on POF
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:33:24 PM
Perhaps if you text had simply said "Sorry, sudden death of friend. May I call you in 2 weeks for follow-up".

While the gent's reply was rude, it's also possible that he's (like many of us) had a fair number of dates from freeloaders looking for nice dinners that someone else pays for. For sure I've experienced this, even with one lady who in our prior texts insisted on "going dutch" and splitting the bill, then ordering lots of food (and a take-home container for what she couldn't eat), then comes the surprise... "I forgot my wallet".

And you wonder why some guys feel "bitten".
 photopilot1
Msg: 50 (view)

What is up with all the men on pof wearing sunglasses for their pictures!!!
Posted: 10/23/2016 4:05:56 AM
Oh for heaven's sake, get real people......

Of my 8 photos, I'm wearing sunglasses in 4 of them and regular glasses in two. The other two are non-specific images.

Why am I wearing sunglasses.... Well let's see, I want to show the ladies things that I do and activities I participate in. Things like travel, which many ladies say they wish to do. So..... the 4 sunglasses images.... Three of them were taken in Egypt, outside during the day. One was out in the Sahara desert. Now how many of you want to travel and NOT wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. And one more was taken in Havana Cuba.

I agree that some, or at least one of your photos should be without sunglasses, and they should all be current photos (or dated when taken) but to say absolutely no sunglasses or actually say they should be forbidden is complete nonsense!!!

respectfully!
 photopilot1
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile Scams?
Posted: 10/5/2016 7:31:16 PM
LOL, there was a lady on this site with a very nice profile.... and just sitting back waiting for men to contact her. Then the story slowly unfolded, moved to a Hotmail account, business trip, photos, etc and even including a flight booking so you could meet her at the airport when she returned. All this over about 30+ email over 2 months.
Then on the day she's flying home.... yup, you guessed it. Stopped while boarding the flight, passport confiscated, customs penalties and could you please urgently send her $5000 to help. All a SCAM.
I reported her to POF and thankfully they've removed her profile, not to say she won't try again under another name.

That's why now I insist sometime within 2 weeks on meeting for a coffee in a public place so that I'm assured I'm dealing with a real person. If they won't meet, tough luck for them because I move on.
Yup, scams abound on POF so beware.
 photopilot1
Msg: 3 (view)

From POF to marriage?
Posted: 1/1/2014 10:05:53 AM
If I found myself in a LTR with someone, then for sure I'd suspend my account on POF and not come here at all.
IMHO, shouldn't even need to be discussed. It's about ME respecting HER. Period, full stop!!!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 6 (view)

Ontario Men
Posted: 7/1/2013 8:52:03 AM
Yup, the OP lists her age as that magical "49" which a LOT of women seem to be. LOL!!!
Most guys are smart enough to know that really means a woman is likely 53-58 or so because ALL women lie about their age. They put 49 because none of them want to be seen as over the hill at 50.

Then they want to date younger men.... LOL.... and wonder why things don't work out.

Oh well.... welcome to the real world of Plenty of Lies!!!!
 photopilot1

When to become to exclusive...
Posted: 6/15/2013 4:39:10 PM
One question...... When (or if) did you take your profile down? Did you advise him that you were doing so? It's all about communication and setting MUTUAL expectations. If you BOTH cannot communicate about basic simple things after 3 months, then you likely aren't meant for each other anyway. I'm sorry, but I've always felt that communication and respect are the bedrock of any possible relationship.

my dos centavos.
 photopilot1
Msg: 538 (view)

What is your #1 Pet Peeve in Profiles
Posted: 4/11/2013 6:58:03 PM
I love the profiles (NOT) that list their hobbies and interests as "Shopping" and "Hanging out with their girlfriends".

Gee.... good luck finding a guy with the same hobbies.
 photopilot1
Msg: 92 (view)

How many men are lying about their HEIGHT??
Posted: 1/26/2013 2:59:19 PM
LOL..... and then I get the women that say.... "Sorry, you're too tall"

Seems like everybody is looking for an exact match right down to the inch!!! LOL!!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 16 (view)

Question for all
Posted: 12/9/2012 4:04:42 PM
Deal Breakers......
Lying, Lack of Manners, Lack of Civility and Lack of common Politeness.

Turn off....
Smokers, Casual Smokers and those who lie about smoking.
 photopilot1
Msg: 5 (view)

Electric Bikes
Posted: 9/11/2012 8:47:35 PM
So Googleplus.... by your logic, If I'm driving my car or motorbike, as long as I obey all the laws I also shouldn't have to be licensed, pay insurance, or have license plates. You're saying that one class of vehicle on the road should be exempt from all regulation and licencing while others aren't. That's twisted logic at best.
 photopilot1
Msg: 71 (view)

Bad Teeth, Badly Stained Teeth
Posted: 9/9/2012 12:56:58 PM

Someone told me which I agree someone having good teeth makes for their looks, if you have missing teeth or really bad crooked teeth, you might as well put a paper bag over your face when you go out in public. Cause it makes you a UGLY person, I saw someone put you might as well not shower or dress nice. What is the point? I think it is just LAZINESS not taking care of your hygiene.

WOW, what a mean, insensitive person you must be. How would you feel if I took your statement and applied it to YOU in this manner. Like this.....
"You're so fat you must shop for your clothes at Tents-r-Us and it makes you an UGLY person. You might as well not shower or dress nice. What's the point? I think it is just LAZINESS that you don't take care of your WEIGHT... EXERCISE.... GO TO THE GYM, and stop STUFFING JUNK FOOD down your throat!!!!!

So... how does that feel to you? Not very good, eh, but perhaps you get my point, though I doubt it. Not everybody is perfect and as long as a person brushes, flosses, and sees a dentist regularly, if their teeth are a shade that is not "plastic white", that's ok. Nature didn't give everybody the same attributes.
 photopilot1

Electric Bikes
Posted: 9/8/2012 11:32:25 AM
Absolutely eBikes should be licensed, insured, and the rider should have some sort of license, or at minimum must pass a MOT test.

Here is what Ontario law says about eBikes.....
- "No modifications to the motor to allow it to exceed a power output greater than 500W and a speed greater than 32 km/h."
- "If the pedals have been removed from an e-bike, it is no longer considered to be an e-bike. Removing the pedals makes it an illegal motor vehicle because it does not conform with the Highway Traffic Act definition of a power-assisted bicycle. Operators run the risk of being ticketed for operating a motor vehicle without registration and insurance."

Next time you're walking down the street and see an eBike parked (especially the ones designed to look like motor scooters) take a look at how many of them have the pedals removed.
Also, do a quick little web search and you'll find tons of things designed to circumvent the power and speed requirements and allow them to go up to over 80 kph.

Now watch these menaces in the city.... weaving in and out of traffic, driving on sidewalks, going the wrong way down one-way streets, driving at night with absolutely no lights, and on and on. They are a MENACE on our roads and need to be legislated. Heck, even Toronto City Council has banned them from the Toronto Islands, from City Bike Paths, from High Park (except designated roadways).

So definately yes, it's time to regulate eBikes and license, test and insure the riders
 photopilot1

Dating and Cellphones
Posted: 8/19/2012 2:09:25 PM
You miss the point entirely.
It's got nothing to do with being a "control freak". What are you going to do, tell us that the restaurant that offers a 5% discount and takes your phone for the duration of the meal.... that the restaurant is a control freak? I think not. They have just learned from long experience that where some people are concerned, they have absolutely NO self-control in regards to their phone use. The same in movie theatres.

And I'm not "demanding" but rather phrasing such as.... "Hey, let's both turn off our cellphones and only pay attention to each other for dinner." Some women I've dated see that simple statement as both refreshing and considerate. I just wanted to see what others thought.
 photopilot1

Dating and Cellphones
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:13:17 PM
"......you might want to question WHY they don't want you to have access to your phone."

That's an easy one to answer. Because too many times guys have sat at a dinner table in a restaurant and the woman is STILL on the phone, either talking or texting their friends or checking FB for updates.

Tell me, if you're in a restaurant having dinner on a date, do you really need a phone "on and at the ready" in case the guy does something stupid? In Public???? That's paranoia.
 photopilot1
Msg: 1 (view)

Dating and Cellphones
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:44:18 PM
With all the media attention being paid to the Los Angeles Restaurant that offers diners a 5% discount if they turn in their cellphones, here's a question for POFers.

Would you agree to go out on a date with someone and agree to turn BOTH your cellphones off for the duration of the date, so you can pay attention to each other without interuptions?

By the way, I'm of an age where babysitters and children aren't part of the dating equation.
 photopilot1
Msg: 12 (view)

Should Helmets Be Mandatory
Posted: 3/25/2012 2:46:04 PM
Well, if you're smart enough to wear one, you should.... because you've got something to protect.

If you're dumb enough not to wear one, well it doesn't matter... because obviously you've got nothing to protect.

photopilot1

POF charging
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:37:00 PM
Yup, kinda a surprise to see the Viewed Me function is now a paid commodity. Oh well, considering the overall "success rate" of being on POF, I'd have to say this site simply doesn't offer enough overall value to pay for it. And NO ladies... I'm NOT talking about success rate as being 'scoring' but rather the number of polite messages you send out to ladies vs the actual number of responses you receive... if any.
 photopilot1
Msg: 71 (view)

Do men prefer tall or short women.
Posted: 2/18/2012 11:31:51 AM
I'm 6'6" tall.... so for me, there are only Short(er) Women!!!
 photopilot1

The Republic of Canada
Posted: 2/18/2012 11:28:04 AM
Please dear god let us become a Republic.

Absolutely ANYTHING except to have King Chuck and Queen Camilla as our official Heads of State!!!!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 156 (view)

Name the number one thing keeping you single..
Posted: 2/13/2012 3:29:48 PM
What's incredibly sad really is the number of women on POF who have just gotten out of a long-term marriage (within the last year or 18 months or so) and after 20+ years of a boring marriage think that now they have to P-A-R-T-Y and be out "somewhere" every single night. They're trying to make up for a past life of boredom by thinking they're 20 again.

I hate to say it ladies.... ACT YOUR AGE!!!!!
 photopilot1

Endless messaging
Posted: 2/5/2012 12:01:09 PM
Gawd... you wonder why guys are confused. Right in this thread the last few replies take opposite positions on this very question.
Some ladies want to meet soon to get to know the real person behind the text and others think that if the guy suggests meeting too soon it's a turnoff. Seems a guy can't win either way.

My thoughts are that as a guy I'd much sooner meet for a drink sooner rather than a lot of chatting or messaging. My thoughts are because with text messages (email or chat) a person's personality doesn't come thru. You can't see the eyes, the body language, and all those little non-verbal clues that only meeting in person can provide.

Besides, there are so many great public places to meet and have an enjoyable chat. And let's face it, we're hopefully mature enough and with enough social skills that even if you realize that there's no "click" factor, you can at least still be sociable and polite for a half hour or so. If the conversation is flowing, then of course no time limits would apply.

Security shouldn't be an issue at all if the woman/man both arrange their own transportation so there's no need to depend on the other person to get home.

Put me firmly in the sooner rather than later camp of meeting face-to-face. And one other thing. While I can understand meeting at a POF event, frankly I'd sooner meet solo with a person so that they have my undivided attention. I think if a person is interested in meeting you, giving them my full attention is the least they have a right to expect.... oh and that also means "dumb-phones" turned OFF!!!!
 photopilot1

Outdated Profiles
Posted: 1/30/2012 12:36:35 PM
LMAO.... it seems you really can't win.

Yes, putting then into your Favourites is exactly what I do so that I can see when they were last online and like the OP, if they haven't been online for several months, why bother writing. Also, if you've messaged someone and see that they've been online several times and you've got no reply, well that's a good indication you not going to get a reply. Move on....

Yet conversely, lots of women complain (some rudely via message) if they're on your Favourite list and you haven't written them a long missive. Go figure eh?

One thing we all learn on here.... that there are all types of people and personalities and it takes a lot of fishing to find the angelfish amongst all the catfish.
 photopilot1
Msg: 8 (view)

Ontario's hidden places
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:12:25 PM
The Elora Gorge is a very pretty area not too far a drive from Toronto.
 photopilot1

Measure up??
Posted: 1/6/2012 1:48:26 PM

"If you have a love interest from the past still stuck in your craw because of certain things. Do you bring that forward into a future relationship."

Sorry... IMHO, if you still have a love interest from the past stuck in your craw..... you're simply not ready for a new relationship. You're not being fair either to yourself or the new person.
 photopilot1

Age Range
Posted: 1/1/2012 10:58:33 AM
LOL, the OP poses an interesting question. But the reality is that one must also consider whether the age actually stated on the profile is in any way accurate. I'm sure most of the guys here on POF can attest to the number of ladies profiles that somewhere in their About Me section confess to their "true" age, every time at least 5 years older than their profile age. Many are very open about trying to defeat the POF age criteria when people search. Of course my thoughts on that are if you start off with a lie, how many other lies are you telling? So I pass on those profiles anyway.

But realistically, I'd say -7 to + 3 is about the age range I look at. More it's the interests and "tone" of what they say than the raw number of age.

A funny thing I've noticed however (using the Viewed Me feature) is that almost universally, those viewing my profile are from the +5 to +10 years older age range, meaning they're searching younger. Seems everybody wants someone younger than themselves, which is kinda funny when you think about it. Perhaps that's how we really all view ourselves.... younger than our age.
 photopilot1
Msg: 59 (view)

The hardest thing about dating is getting a date...
Posted: 12/24/2011 3:39:46 PM
Even amongst those with photos, what always surprises me is the terrible quality of some of the images.
Good grief ladies, if the whole purpose of a photo is to get you noticed, or attract a response, could you at least smile and not look so dour? It's not only the photographic quality, it's the terrible expression without even a hint of a smile or character in your face. If you're THAT bored with life, why on earth would someone waste the time writing you. It clearly says...."I don't care about how I present myself" which makes us guys ask..... why?
And as a former professional photographer, I'm not talking about how beautiful you are, but a smile, a nice pose, a clear headshot or something that shows your persona.
And I still laugh at the photos with a group of women in the picture and not a single clue which one you are. What.... do we get a choice? LOL!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 10 (view)

Santa Online
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:45:10 PM

"How are parents ever going to get those time treasured Santa Pictures? Especially those that make it out to the mantel every year.

Uhhhh...... Photoshop!!!!!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 31 (view)

any pet peeves?-vocabulary/dates/mates/products?
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:19:01 PM
Go ahead and laugh ladies, but many first contacts from you ladies are also one or two word emails.
Heck, one lady only sent "coffee?" and that was it. Now sorry, but if you've read my profile and wish to communicate, a gramatically correct full sentence might get more attention.
 photopilot1
Msg: 26 (view)

Disapearing off the map after a few nice emails
Posted: 9/4/2011 6:59:11 PM
Oh hell, it happens to guys just as much. A few emails, totally NORMAL in content and communication then wham.... nothing. Not even a polite "no thanks".
I think some people just think that because the internet and keyboards are impersonal they can also be impolite. However, once you find out they have no manners or generally acceptable civil graces, it does quickly cool any interets!
 photopilot1
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 8/22/2011 5:05:40 PM
LOL, If I wanted to lie about my height, it would be to make me a few inches shorter!!!

When some women see 6'6" they won't date a man that is "too" tall. Go figure... eh?
 photopilot1
Msg: 2 (view)

Profile Photos (Multiple People no ID)
Posted: 8/1/2011 2:43:08 PM
LOL, I love the ones where they are obviously posed with their daughter.

What..... do you get a choice?
 photopilot1

Where on my profile does it say....................
Posted: 7/31/2011 5:03:48 AM
The only thing I could think of is that it says "wants to date but nothing serious".

Perhaps some of the idiots might think this means your looking for "friends with benefits" but no involvement. They can't or won't grasp the concept of what "dating" means without being serious in the romantic sense.
Keep separating the chaff from the wheat and eventually you'll find the one kernel for you.
 photopilot1

My ex is over me already. Does that mean she didn't care about our relationship at all?
Posted: 7/28/2011 4:22:55 PM
Oh geez..... no disrespect but suck it up man and move on. She likely didn't get over you in just 8 days. She was probably already "involved" with the other guy long before you actually got dumped. Who knows what she was doing behind your back during the last couple of months of your "relationship".

Turn the page, stop feeling sorry for yourself, KNOW who you are, and move forward again. That's called life.
 photopilot1
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2011 3:56:13 PM

"......I'd rather not date someone who is as shallow as a puddle."

But if you're tall enough, the depth of the puddle doesn't matter!!!!

But seriously, I'm 6'6" and I've often felt like lying about my height.... and making myself shorter. There's just as many women who won't date someone my height because I'm "too tall". Go figure, can't please em all.
 photopilot1

are men intimadated by hard of hearing women?
Posted: 2/13/2011 11:55:06 AM
I'm not sure that there is any difficulty unless you want it to be. I've dated women from different ethnic backgrounds where their accent and command of english sometimes made it difficult. That was easy.... I just had to PAY ATTENTION to them. It also sometimes makes phone conversation difficult but you either let it be a problem, or work around it.
If someone has a problem with that...... tell the LOUDLY.... to take a HIKE!!!! :o))
 photopilot1

Do you think you should be on Reality TV?
Posted: 1/9/2011 1:12:03 PM
You want reality. Here's reality.....

Read/Deleted
Read/Deleted
Unread/Deleted
Read/Deleted
Unread/Deleted
Unread/Deleted

Shall I continue..... It's Reality on POF.
 photopilot1

Posted: 1/2/2011 5:49:23 PM
LOL, I'd love to lie about my height. I'm an honest 6' 6" tall and get women who simply say I'm too tall to date. Go figure eh?

Of course, I'm simply AMAZED at the number of women I've chatted with who's profile says they are "49" but when you chat or meet, they tell you their real age and blame it on the POF computer not being right, blah, blah, blah. Simple truth is that none of them want to admit to being that Big FIVE-OH!!!!
And for a big laugh.... check out the number of women who's headline says..."looking for an honest man!!!" LOL. Shouldn't it work both ways.

Welcome to the world of internet dating. The truth (if you can find it) shall set you free.
 photopilot1

The number of people who can't seem to find someone...
Posted: 1/2/2011 5:40:57 PM
Why are the guys still here. Because the women are STILL shopping!!!!

A brand new store has just opened in New York City
that sells husbands. When women go to choose a
husband, they have to follow the instructions at the
entrance: "You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There
are six floors and the value of the products increase
as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item
from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the
next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit
the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a
husband. On the 1st floor the sign on the door reads:
Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

She goes up a floor. The 2nd floor sign reads:
Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids.

She pushes the UP button again. The 3rd floor sign
reads:
Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are
extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
She goes to the 4th floor and the sign reads:
Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are
drop-dead good looking and help with housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!"
Still, she goes to the 5th floor and sign reads:
Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are
drop-dead gorgeous, help with housework and have a
strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th
floor and the sign reads:
Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor.
There are no men on this floor. This floor exists
solely as proof that women are impossible to please.
Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opens
a New Wives store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.

The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.

The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited.
 photopilot1

is it just me or is it becoming tougher and tougher to date after 30?
Posted: 12/19/2010 8:55:45 AM
LOL, you should try it when you're over 50. Everybody is window shopping but nobody is buying.

It seems that all the ladies I meet are looking for somebody to fit into their life, with no compromise on fitting into my life. Yes, as we get older you tend to get more set in your ways, but any relationship will entail some degree of compromise.

The other issue I'm finding is that some seem to think that a relationship is like a book. Pick it up when you feel like reading and put it down and expect to continue the story at your convenience at a later time.

So.... it's either make the time and effort.... or don't bother at all. Now, to just find a woman who thinks the same way. That's the trouble.
 photopilot1
Msg: 18 (view)

younger guys older women toronto
Posted: 11/27/2010 7:31:04 PM

I always think its hillarious how nasty some older men get when you start talking about older women wanting younger men. It's something they've been doing for years, but when it gets turned around, they aren't very happy, are they?

Actually, in my case it's not nasty at all. I frankly don't enjoy women UNDER 50 years old and many of them are simply too immature for my liking. They think that because they've now gotten out of a bad marriage after 20 or more wasted years, it's time to party all night long and jump every set of bones they can find. They somehow think that lowering themselves to the poon-doggy antics of some men makes them "liberated". Thanks but no thannks.

I'll take a mature, sensible woman who knows her age, acts her age, and doesn't lie about it either.
 photopilot1
Msg: 20 (view)

Flossing
Posted: 11/27/2010 7:20:00 PM
Toothpick...... brush....... floss........mouthwash.

That about covers it nicely IMHO.
 photopilot1
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 11/20/2010 5:30:24 PM
An you could also say a guy prefers younger women. Those older women always need a jar of lubricant handy when they're "not ready" or "can't get ready". You're right, there is a double standard.
 photopilot1
Msg: 8 (view)

Stuttering
Posted: 11/20/2010 5:26:50 PM
The only speech impediment I have is when I open my mouth to change feet!

But seriously, I'd much sooner chat with a person who stutters but has something intelligent to say, than a smooth talker with not a wit of intelligence.
I think as a person talking with a person who stutters, it's important to not RUSH them, give them the time to say what they wish to say, and show some patience and maturity. It's also rude (IMHO) to jump in and try to say or guess what they are trying to say. How a person acts when talking to a person with a speech impediment says as much about the class of the listener as the stutterer. I know, because my Mother stuttered all her life but it didn't stop me from loving and respecting her.
 photopilot1

Posted: 11/15/2010 5:31:19 PM
"...... the last three men I dated that got to the intimate stage had erectile issues."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gawd.... so did the last few women I dated. They hung all the way down to their waste!!!!!

Gravity always wins! :o))
 photopilot1

How do you narrow that down??
Posted: 9/19/2010 8:05:36 AM
Well of course BMI isn't a good measure of how to report your body type. It's would be just another "figure" to lie about, like height, age, marital status, etc.

It really all boils down to how a person "looks" to the other when they meet. Trying to quantify "looks" with words on a page is just not going to do it.

Overall, after meeting a number of ladies from these pages, I'd have to call POF.... Plenty of Fibs, Plenty of Flab, Plenty of Floozies, Plenty of Freeloaders and only very rarely, Plenty of Fun.

Wish they had a checkbox for HONEST----Yes/No. though I'd bet that's just another place to lie.
 photopilot1

How do you narrow that down??
Posted: 9/13/2010 4:39:51 PM
They should just ask you to post your BMI.
 photopilot1

Vespa road trip
Posted: 8/21/2010 3:25:33 PM
Some of us do get the "scooter" idea of touring. Check out these sites for further info on touring Italy and other areas on organized scooter tours.

http://www.viadelsole.it/

http://umbriainvespa.com/

http://scooterbella.com/category/custom-walks/scooter/
 photopilot1

What kind of Woman are Med Really Looking For??
Posted: 8/21/2010 11:24:47 AM
What are men looking for in a woman?

1) A woman who DOESN'T think life is the same as a Harlequin Romance Novel.
2) A woman who KNOWS that a relationship isn't like a book..... to be picked up or put down at her convenience.
3) A woman who SHARES the expence of dating and doesn't expect the man to pay, pay, pay, pay, pay, and then pay some more.......all the time.
4) A woman who UNDERSTANDS that a man is MORE than a chauffeur, mechanic, handyman, stud-muffin, and escort to HER events.
5) A woman who CAN TALK about more than her kids, ex, and pets.
6) A woman who is basically ON TIME for a date.

or in simple english.... a woman who wants to SHARE life, it's ups, downs, and good and bad.
 photopilot1
Msg: 11 (view)

best poutine in Toronto?
Posted: 7/9/2010 1:51:29 PM
Boy, after reading this thread it sounds like we need a ROAD TRIP up to Montreal for a gastronomical weekend!!!

1st stop, The Montreal Pool Room for Steamies and Poutine.
2nd stop, Schwartz's for a large Smoked Meat plate.
3rd stop, is a choice. Either St. Viateur Bagel or Fairmount Bagel for some wood fired bagels.

Mmmmmmmm isn't your mouth watering?
 photopilot1
Msg: 27 (view)

girls permitted on boys sports team; ruling
Posted: 6/22/2010 3:38:30 PM
WOW.... the fight's over.

It was just announced today in the Toronto Star..... and I quote.....

"In a historic first, two women — including Toronto’s Angela James — are going into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
The Hall broke new ground when it announced this afternoon that James, a dominant player in the 1970s, ‘80s and ‘90s, and American star Cammi Granato will both be inducted in November."

Imagine that. Inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.... and she did it all playing on Girls/Women's Teams.

So, do we really need girls to play on boys teams? The answer is obviously a resounding NO.... if they have talent.

Show ALL Forums