Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do disabled people have any chance of dating or finding true love?
 Just 4 You
Msg: 18 (view)

Do disabled people have any chance of dating or finding true love?
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:41:52 AM
I used POF to find my wife! I have Epilepsy and she has three kids with Epilepsy who are now all grown up and living with their partners. Her Ex chose an unforgivable route with younger women, so she's with me now. Trust is everything in a relationship! Thanks POF!!!
Met in 2011, Living together in 2012, Engaged in 2013, and Married in 2014. POF Works!!!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 29 (view)

Ontario Disability support program
Posted: 6/29/2011 1:20:16 AM
I have Epilepsy and 4 years ago I was dating a woman who also has it. Together, we helped each other in our time of need, and tried to reason with people who instantly call 911, that it's NOT a Heart Attack! Together with her parents and mine, we had many family dinners together.

In 2007, at a joint Christmas dinner with her family and mine, out came the Cameras as I Proposed and She Accepted! Sounds great? Read on!!!

After filling in all the forms for a Marriage License, I got a call from the Police! They claimed that when someone has a seizure, they can't speak, thus giving them the mind of a child, and legally... children cannot give consent! Therefore, my trying to marry a woman with seizures is a crime!

At my day in Court, she and her parents had nothing against me, and her University Degree showed she's definitely Not mentally challenged! There was also no evidence of me harming her in any way! In turn, the Judge threw the case out and ordered the Crown to provide me with Counselling.

Instead, the Crown (Police) said the only type of Counselling they could find for Men, was the Sex Offender Program (even though I'm not an offender) where I was sent to Learn, Understand, and Accept that it's Wrong for people with disabilities to be in a relationship.

(Victoria, BC)
 Just 4 You
Msg: 33 (view)

Does it bother you if you are asked out by someone with a disability?
Posted: 6/29/2011 12:42:10 AM
I have Epilepsy and 2 years ago I was dating a woman who also has it. Together, we helped each other in our time of need, and tried to reason with people who instantly call 911, that it's NOT a Heart Attack! Together with her parents and mine, we had many family dinners together. Then in 2010, I proposed and she accepted! Sounds great??? Listen to this!!!

After filling in all the forms for a Marriage License, I got a call from the Police! They claimed that when someone has a seizure, they can't speak, thus giving them the mind of a child, and legally... children cannot give consent! So my trying to marry her is a crime!

At my day in Court, she and her parents had nothing against me, and her University Degree showed she's definitely Not mentally challenged! There was also no evidence of me harming her in any way! In turn, the Judge threw the case out and ordered the Crown to provide me with Counselling.

Instead, the Crown (Police) said the only type of Counselling they could find for Men, was the Sex Offender Program (even though I'm not an offender) where I was sent to Learn, Understand, and Accept that it's Wrong for people with disabilities.

Just 4 You
Msg: 64 (view)

my opinion ( we all have one )
Posted: 6/28/2011 11:35:20 PM
I have Epilepsy and gained Drop Foot from it (Left foot refuses to work) requiring an ankle and knee brace to walk. But the Epilepsy is the key illness, which bans me from Driving.

People say to Never judge a Book by it's Cover, but on this website, I can be the nicest guy ever, but if I'm not the Owner of some Company making Millions, and there's no pictures of me Driving something Hot, women just pass me by.

During the 6 years I've been on this website, I've sent out Tons of letters to women, but they rarely reply. For the ones that do, they bluntly say I'm Not what they're looking for, but wish me luck.

That answers the question... Do women judge a book by it's cover? They Sure Do!!!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 10 (view)

Epilepsy
Posted: 6/28/2011 9:59:31 PM
I found that out the hard way, by being prescribed AntiDepressants by a Psychiatrist when I was having a rough time with rejection (women don't want a guy who can't drive). The drugs dropped my seizure threshold and I began seizing (Tonic Clonic) about got hospitalized. The Neurologist stopped the drugs I'd been put on, and the Psychaitrist refused to treat me for not following his orders!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 27 (view)

Dating while disabled
Posted: 6/20/2011 6:34:45 PM
She had Epilepsy and her Dad was a Probation Officer who intercepted our relationship by claiming it's not going to work, and that what she really needs is someone who is financially able to take care of her. So I was asked to leave quietly, but when she found out what was going on, she got mad at her Dad and we left together. According to the Law, I'd been told by an officer to stop seeing her and I'd violated the order.
In the court-room they said that when she has a seizure, she can't speak or defend herself if she's in any form of danger, thus making her vulnerable to anyone. But my Lawyer turned it around and said the same thing happens with me, so we're both in the same position. In the end, the case was thrown out, and the Crown was ordered to provide me with Counselling.
But they sent me to the Sex Offender Program instead, claiming that's all there was for men. When my Lawyer found out, it went back to court and I was removed from the program. When I tried to find her, I found she'd been moved to live with her relatives in another city, but they wouldn't say where. They did everything possible to keep their daughter from dating someone they don't like, and they won.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 5 (view)

Resedential Schools for the Disabled
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:11:04 AM
I got diagnosed with Epilepsy at age 10 (1970), which resulted in my being sexually fixed in my teens. Being under legal age I had no say in the matter. All the Healthcare system needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever they felt was best.

I also got declaired Unemployable, Not allowed to get a Driver's License, and Not Allowed to get Married. I know the third one sounds stupid, but in 2008 I tried to get a Marriage License for my girlfriend and I (we both had epilepsy), and the Police got involved, sending me to the Sex Offender Program where I was forced to accept that it's wrong. We can be friends, but that's all.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
Victoria, BC, Canada
 Just 4 You
Msg: 39 (view)

Sex and the disabled
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:10:25 AM
I got diagnosed with Epilepsy at age 10 (1970), which resulted in my being sexually fixed in my teens. Being under legal age I had no say in the matter. All the Healthcare system needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever they felt was best.

I also got declaired Unemployable, Not allowed to get a Driver's License, and Not Allowed to get Married. I know the third one sounds stupid, but in 2008 I tried to get a Marriage License for my girlfriend and I (we both had epilepsy), and the Police got involved, sending me to the Sex Offender Program where I was forced to accept that it's wrong. We can be friends, but that's all.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
Victoria, BC, Canada
 Just 4 You
Msg: 24 (view)

Dating while disabled
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:09:47 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
Victoria, BC, Canada
 Just 4 You
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating when you are disabled
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:08:40 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
Victoria, BC, Canada
 Just 4 You
Msg: 78 (view)

Dating for disabled people
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:06:47 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 77 (view)

Dating for disabled people
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:04:21 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 45 (view)

Dating the physically disabled.
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:03:40 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 71 (view)

How many guys or gals would consider dating a physically disabled person?
Posted: 4/13/2011 4:00:21 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 18 (view)

I am disabled, how do you tell people.
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:59:06 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 44 (view)

Dating someone disabled....
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:56:15 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 14 (view)

WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:53:29 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 64 (view)

Would you date someone who is disabled?
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:44:12 AM

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 24 (view)

Tommy Douglas The Greatest Canadian
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:04:59 AM
I was very close to that Brandon College! Just a bit eastward towards Winnipeg in a city called Portage la Prairie, where they had an Institution called The Manitoba School. People with disabilities of all sorts were removed from public schools and sent there, where sterilization was mandatory, and this was in the 70's.

Before you assume that's a thing of the past, if you were to check out people in the Special Olympics, nearly all of them have been sexually fixed!

While sterilization is no longer mandatory for people with disabilities, it's still highly recommended. I know, because I'm one of them for getting diagnosed with Epilepsy as a child, which resulted in being sexually fixed in my teens. Being a child I had no say in the matter. All our great Healthcare System needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever's necessary.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 Just 4 You
Msg: 10 (view)

Victoria - Your worst dating nightmare event - THIS Saturday! Oct 17 7:30 pm
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:45:20 PM
Trounce Alley is located in between Yates and View St. It runs from Broad down to Government. Easy to find... Go where the old A+B Sound used to be on Yates, then turn onto Broad St. There's a few good places to hang out on Broad St like Serious Coffee which has a big sitting area, unlike Starbucks which only has a few seats.

Sorry I can't come. But been on the tour before, but trust me... it's worth it!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 6 (view)

Events in Victoria?
Posted: 7/9/2009 6:55:52 PM
Here's another way to find out what's happening in town...

Go on the internet and do a search for "Events BC".
It should take you to a site called EventsBC.com.
Select a city and a time frame (ex. June 1st - Sept 30th).
Then you'll get a color coded calendar showing what's going on in town.
I think Red items are Art Shows, Blue are sports events like Boat Shows, etc.
Much better than seeing it on the news, showing what you missed!
 Just 4 You

Any events planned for Victoria this summer?
Posted: 7/9/2009 6:49:03 PM
Go on the internet and do a search for Events BC.
Then select a city and a time frame (ex. June 1st - Sept 30th)
You'll get a color coded schedule of what's going on in town.
Much better than seeing it on the news, showing what you missed!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 4 (view)

Any events planned for Victoria this summer?
Posted: 7/9/2009 6:44:20 PM
Here's a website showing what's happening in Victoria this summer.
It shows everything from Art Shows + Entertainers, to Community Events.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/EventCalendar.aspx#Results
 Just 4 You
Msg: 19 (view)

relationships and being widowed
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:35:28 PM
I tried dating a woman who lost both her Husband and her Dad in a boating accident 1 + 1/2 years ago where they figured men don't have to wear lifejackets (boys will be boys) and were having such a good time on auto-pilot that they didn't watch where they were going. They hit a floating log, the boat sank, and they were later found by someone else. It's been a year and a half since the loss, but her place is filled with Pictures of their wedding, their daughter's wedding, etc. making it hard to be seen for who I am. Rather she wants us to go camping to a place she and her husband always went. I told her I'd had enough.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 45 (view)

What Do You Look For In a New Partner?
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:16:34 PM
I look for someone with an open heart and non-judgmental towards the less fortunate. Particularly people with disabilities who are trying to be accepted, but most people just turn away or warn others there's a wheelchair coming.

I also hate watching violent sports like Football, Rugby, and Hockey where people get hurt and the audience seems to love it. Not my idea of entertainment! I'd rather go play a round of golf with someone, helping each other out along the way, then hang out for a drink afterwards.

It's the personality that I look for. Not their equipment as you guys call it.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 122 (view)

Friendship First
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:05:52 PM
In my opinion a friendship is where you meet up to talk, hang out somewhere, get to know each other, and forget about sex! If chemistry is there, just getting out and doing things together is more enjoyable than messing up someone's bed!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 32 (view)

Dating someone slightly developmentally disabled
Posted: 4/6/2009 6:05:16 AM
Back when I was 42, I dated a 40 year old woman with a very slight mental disability that I met through the Special Olympics. I have Epilepsy and we saw each other as equals. We know we each have limitations, but we enjoyed going out together. Many times, we'd be sitting in a coffee shop and she'd complain there's no love seats, so she'd come sit on my lap instead.

In the Swimming Pool, she started making the moves onto me, feeling my body then the front of my swimsuit, then putting my hands on hers where she wanted to be touched. Eventually it lead to the bedroom at my place. When her parents found out, they called the Police.

The Legal System claimed that she was tested and the results gave her a Grade 8 Intelligence Level, giving her the mind of a 13 year old, and children can't give consent. Therefore I'm guilty for having sex with a minor (even though she's 40). But due to my disability giving me a Grade 10 intelligence level (Age 15), I was also declaired under age, so no charges.

Instead I got sent to a 12 week Sex Offenders Program to learn why it's wrong for people with disabilities to have sex.
Doesn't matter how unfair you think it sounds. In Canada, it's illegal (if you get caught)!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 34 (view)

State-funded sex for the disabled
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:57:10 AM
CrashingChloe... You said "We here in Canada have been working hard for many years to ensure individuals with disabilities are treated with respect and dignity."

If that's true, then where are all the people with disabilities who have jobs? Go into any large shopping mall and see if you can find ONE store with a person in a wheelchair who WORKS there!

I have Epilepsy and after being diagnosed, I was classed Unemployable for Public Safety. Our government explained it to me.... "The safety of thousands is more important than the satisfaction of just one." I was also sexually "fixed" as a teen, for the system decided people with disabilities are incapable of raising a child.

There's a lady in Nanaimo BC who had her kids taken away from her, as a result of an accident which paralyzed her. She's been fighting to get her kids back, but the system says that when the kids turn legal age, they can decide for themselves whether or not to return to their true mother or just get on with life.

How is this treating us with respect and dignity???
 Just 4 You
Msg: 3 (view)

Anyone here have epilepsy & single???
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:58:28 AM
I was diagnosed with Epilepsy in the 70's when I was in Grade 5 and got removed from the Public School System for the safety of the other kids. In my teens I got classed Unemployable for Public Safety and sexually fixed so I can't have kids. Since I was under legal age, they didn't need my consent. Just a signature from my parents to let the doctors do whatever they feel is necessary.

When I turned legal age, I got put in a Home for the Handicapped where I was kept out of society's way all through the 80's and 90's until age 41 (2003) when I'd had Brain Surgery done to control the seizures. During an MRI, they did something that made me have a seizure, and saw where it was coming from, then removed it. It's like taking the spark plug out of a lawn mower so it never starts again.

I'm 46 now and still trying to get a life, but women expect men in their 40's to have great jobs, a nice car, and loads of money to take them on vacations. As I have none of that, I'm a joke to many women on POF. I'll ask someone out and hear "You're kidding, right?" then they go tell their friends and they all have a good laugh. Like who in their right mind would date a guy like me?

When the movie "The 40 Year Old Virgin" hit the theatres, I didn't think it was funny as I'm 46 and still a virgin.

Anybody who says "Money doesn't buy Love", doesn't know what it's like when you can't afford to take someone out for dinner, and you get judged on that.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 9 (view)

Victoria - frosty city?
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:19:11 AM
Here in Victoria, you can go throw a frisbee with friends in a neighborhood park, but in Vancouver... anything that resembles a park is probably private property or the future location of more condos.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 27 (view)

Need some tips about how to make friends on POF
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:03:00 AM
Find a sport you'd love to try, and invite people to join you!
Ex Skiing at Mt Washington, but you haven't gone for a long time.
Chances are, you'll find others who want to try, but don't want to go alone.

And who knows, it might turn into a regular thing?
Ex. That was Cool! Want to try it again next weekend?
 Just 4 You
Msg: 9 (view)

Idea: Bridge from Vancouver to Victoria
Posted: 4/6/2009 12:53:36 AM
I'd like to see a Bridge over the Saanich Inlet going from North Saanich over to Mill Bay/Arbutus Ridge area. That would reduce the Ferry traffic from having to come down the Pat Bay Highway and back up the accident prone Malahat. Saltspring doesn't want to be connected by a bridge as it would decrease the tranquility. There's no McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Best Western Hotels, or anything commercial over there, but a bridge would allow big company trucks to come over and purchase land for another Walmart!
 Just 4 You

MARCH 21, 2009 VICTORIA POF DANCING WITH FLATLINE 7:00PM AT TUDOR HOUSE PUB
Posted: 3/11/2009 2:31:44 AM
Last time I went, I saw POF signs all around the dance floor and on tables beyond that. Must have had a lot of people sign up, as it looked like the whole place was reserved for just us! Hopefully some others managed to squeeze in!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 7 (view)

FEBRUARY 28, 2009 VICTORIA POF DANCING WITH SHORTY PARKER BAND 7:00PM AT TUDOR HOUSE PUB
Posted: 2/26/2009 11:23:48 PM
Tell you what... I'll dance with him and you can call us the Spice Boys!
LOL ... JUST KIDDING!!!!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 4 (view)

FEBRUARY 28, 2009 VICTORIA POF DANCING WITH SHORTY PARKER BAND 7:00PM AT TUDOR HOUSE PUB
Posted: 2/17/2009 12:30:49 PM
Hey guys! Please don't laugh when I try dancing!
Angelwings talked me into it! LOL (Just Kidding Angel!)
 Just 4 You
Msg: 53 (view)

Friends with Benefits..good or bad
Posted: 1/27/2009 12:07:33 AM
I say BAD. They don't really care about being friends. They just want Sex!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 11 (view)

Anyone a cyclist on here?
Posted: 1/26/2009 11:38:40 PM
I got battery powered White and Red Christmas Lights and put them on my bike wheels! Used Zap Straps to lock the bulbs to the spokes, and the battery pack to the axle.

Now when I go riding in downtown Victoria, it sure turns a lot of heads especially from tourists, and other bikers keep asking where I got them!
 Just 4 You

Birth Orders - Oldest, Youngest or Middle Child?
Posted: 1/26/2009 11:27:12 PM
I'm the middle child, which as you said it the most vocal, dramatic and troubled. My older brother's girlfriend thought my younger brother was so cute, so the two always hung out together.

When my Older brother got Married, my Younger brother was his Best Man, and vice versa when my Younger brother got married, while I was told to just stay out of the way.

As for me and relationships.... I'm on POF looking and hoping.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 11 (view)

Are there some things just to dangerous when you have children?
Posted: 1/26/2009 11:14:12 PM
When they learn Practical Jokes for April Fools Day (Buttered toilet seat, Nair in shampoo, Contact cement in your KY Jelly)
 Just 4 You
Msg: 16 (view)

Finding Love Through Deception
Posted: 1/26/2009 10:59:52 PM
I know a few people with Disabilities who don't mention it intheir profile. Is that wrong? Should people be judged on their illness rather their personality?
 Just 4 You
Msg: 74 (view)

Why Women Are Crabby......Hehehehe
Posted: 1/26/2009 9:02:08 PM
When a Man says FINE, everything's fine. When a woman says FINE, it's NOT, and it's HIS job to figure out how to fix it!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 26 (view)

What do YOU want to do for Christmas?
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:12:17 AM
Singing: "Oh the Weather outside is whitening, til my Dog did something frightening... He's got no other place to go... Yellow Snow,Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow!
And he doesn't show signs of stopping, While he sniffs around his droppings... You'll see them everywhere you go... Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow!
When he finally goes outside. He'll be frolicking round in the storm. He'll be marking our yard with Pride. You can tell by the steam that it's warm!
When the Snow begins it's thawing, It reveals those Puppy Drawings... He's a frisky little Pooch Van Goghe... Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow, Yellow Snow!"
 Just 4 You
Msg: 40 (view)

It's Only Money
Posted: 12/29/2008 11:07:38 PM
When looking for the right guy, what's more important... money or personality? Many women have said complimented me, saying I'm so sweet and caring, and that if they weren't already married, they'd gladly go out with me! But too many women who are looking, focus on how much he makes, otherwise you're not worth their time!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 25 (view)

What do YOU want to do for Christmas?
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:47:02 PM
Sing to the Public: "The Restroom Door said Gentlemen, it must have been a Gag... As soon as I walked in there I ran into some old Hag... She sprayed me with a can of Mace, then whacked me with her bag... I could tell this just couldn't be my day, What can I say... It just wasn't turning out to be my day."
"The Restroom Door said Gentlemen, and I would like to find... The crummy little creep who had the nerve to switch the signs... Cuz I've got two Black Eyes and one High Heel up my Behind... Now I CAN'T sit with Comfort and Joy, Boy oh Boy!!!... No I'll NEVER sit with Comfort and Joy!"
 Just 4 You
Msg: 56 (view)

How long must you abstain before having sex with another?
Posted: 11/24/2008 6:10:13 PM
Until she proves she's able to give consent! There's a 40 year old lady in my building who has a disability and wants a boyfriend, but everytime she meets one, her parents call the police. In school, she only getting up to a Grade 9 level in Math. Since Grade 9 students are about age 14, she "legally" has the mind of a child. Her last boyfriend was a friend of mine, who now has to attend a Sex Offender Program, learning that children cannot give consent.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 68 (view)

Pay more attention to profiles without photos?
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:29:39 AM
What's wrong with going on a Blind Date? Meeting for the first time is part of the enjoyment! Unless of course, you somehow "forgot" to tell him/her that you're in a wheelchair.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 926 (view)

Favorites List?????
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:19:15 AM
Compare: If there's lots of numbers in your cell phone, does that mean you're a player? I have a few people in my Fav. list that I chat with on Forums over similar issues. It doesn't mean I'm dating them!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 47 (view)

Multiple dates.....do you tell the other dates?
Posted: 11/14/2008 6:06:24 AM
You tell me... would you like it if a guy said you remind him of the woman he was with last week? Keep your past to yourself, taking it as a learning experience. When you find the right partner, let the past be the past, and move on! I know it's hard for women NOT to share gossip about the guys they've been with, but some guys don't like being compared.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 54 (view)

Halloween Costumes
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:44:31 AM
My costume is a box of Corn Flakes with a spike stuck through it... A Cereal Killer!!!
 Just 4 You
Msg: 87 (view)

oral sex and swallowing cum and why they wont do it
Posted: 10/27/2008 12:41:41 AM
Tell you what... next time you're jerking off, grab a handful of cum and YOU eat it! What's the matter? Sound disgusting? What do you think Women think???

Show ALL Forums