Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: "Different" Sites
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 1 (view)

"Different" Sites
Posted: 1/22/2019 4:04:52 PM
Is anyone else getting 2 different styles of page when they are on POF. When I use my browser, POF looks different than it did. When I go into POF from my Email, I get the "Older" style page for POF, but when I go thry my browser, it's a newer style page with a LOT LESS options that I can use. Am I the only one having this ???
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 26 (view)

POF Waste Of Time For The Guys
Posted: 1/22/2019 3:57:50 PM
See I have always gone by the "POF Ideas and Suggestions" and found something in their profile that caught my eye andf would use that as an "Icebreaker", but it never seems to go far.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 22 (view)

POF Waste Of Time For The Guys
Posted: 1/7/2019 10:43:50 AM
I've been a POF Member for years.....have not once gotten a date from here, and that's after ....oh...easily 10,000 messages, so the math is off. I keep trying, but I think I am more of a glutton for punishment now LOL
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 34 (view)

Age range?
Posted: 8/16/2018 3:47:34 PM
To me ....the solution is simple. Let the USER themselves determine who they want to be contacted by and what their age range is. That way no one complains about POF being out of line. If you see the person says the don't want someone in your age range contacting them....pretty simple answer.....go find another fish :)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 34 (view)

Race preference...
Posted: 8/13/2018 10:58:49 AM
Race Preference is there. When you fill out your profile it has who you wish to view. It doesn't work, but ti's still there
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 8 (view)

Make the forums fun again - Game thread!
Posted: 7/9/2018 3:00:05 PM
Happy Hour and Appies at a local Pub for H :)
 JoeyT2870

Why is it that ...........
Posted: 9/27/2017 9:20:52 PM
Party Planners can't remember this rule ??

Make sure you post your event well in advance (a maximum of 2 months in advance is permitted).

Last I checked.....5 days is NOT adequate advanced notice
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 2 (view)

Fake accounts getting out of hand
Posted: 9/24/2017 9:41:40 PM
I've been getting at list 10-15 views a day from women, but when you go to look at their profiles, thay all seem to have 1 thing in common, and that is a reference to talk to them on another website. I am not sure if it's just fake account after fake account, or someone trying to get our info or what, but it's annoying
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 6 (view)

Mutual but no response
Posted: 9/14/2017 3:55:06 PM
WOW I get the same thing, but I get women that will talk and talk online yet you ask to meet in person and the talking stops. Are people that afraid of getting out from behind their keyboards and having some fun ???
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 192 (view)

Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:02:08 AM
LOL Dental Care ??? There is NO medical Benefits of ANY kind with the Carnival......you get hurt it's 2 choices.....work thru the injury or find another job. And the food issue.....that's why if you're smart you eat away from the show !!!
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 189 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 11:09:39 PM
Forumslady....I apologize if you think my discussing the manner the way I did was arguing. If you noticed that I addressed you personally, and I thought that my talking to you was of a polite nature, and again I am sorry if you took it as arguementative. In my 47 years I have been in 43 States, 9 Canadian provinces and Puerto Rico. The Carnival taught me how to stand up for myself, as when I joined I was actually somewhat shy and wishy washy. One thing it taught me is if you believe in something, you stand by your beliefs.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 186 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 8:16:57 PM
Ummm....again....another assumption.....you said after 5 years you're surprized I'm still here.....if I'm looking to just date why WOULDN'T I still be here ??? If I am not looking for committments than I think it's perfectly fine for a person to be here for as long as he or she wants. I have noticed a lot of people thinking my behavior is "not in context" of what a Normal 47 year old.....However....I nowhere on my profile state I want committment.....apparently people thing dating is some sort of a committment, and it's not
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 179 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 6:46:18 PM
Forumslady.......I was brought up that if someone talks to you, you show them respect and listen, and if for some reason you do not want to listen, you state so politely, but you acknowledge the other person. As I have stated, I am not a typical 47 year old in ANY way. Perhaps my 15 years in the carnival business has a lot to do with that, but....I find women my age to be , well, being honest, boring. I have lived a life of work hard, play hard, and still do. And that is why I am drawn more to women younger. For me a date is going out to karaoke or dancing and having fun. Most of the profiles I read from women my age talk of settling down and enjoying things. I have no intentions of settling down. My parents were divorced when I was young, and I have seen numerous people in my life go thru breakups and divorces, and seen how it has affected them negatively, and I'm not going to be like that. I already suffer from depression, and that struggle alone can be crippling some days, but....I force myself to get up and get thru the day, and things get better. But, when it comes to relationships, I don't want any commitment. I want FUN. And I'm not going to change how I look at dating. If a person doesn't want to date me for that, that's fine....completely understandable. If you don't like my pictures or think I'm too much, that's fine too. But have the respect to tell me and not ignore me. Ignoring people to me is the biggest insult you can give a person.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 175 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 5:29:54 PM
And why wouldn't they Ouija ??? Why does age have to have anything to do with dating to begin with ??? If 2 people are consenting ADULTS they should be able to go out with whoever they want. If I was chasing around 18-24 year olds that's one thing, but someone in their 30's is a problem ?? Again....another example of shallow minded thinking !! Plus......I'm here for DATING......doesn't say anywhere that I am looking for a RELATIONSHIP.....they are 2 different things !! If a person thinks that I am wanting to be taken to someone's house and shown off.....you're dead wrong. I'm here to find someone to go out with and have fun, and not be shown off like your example says.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 173 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 5:20:37 PM
And to Roxy.....I'm a guy who would rather have someone be blunt as heck BUT answer than not.....not answering means to me that do not respect that I took time to read your profile and reply to you in a respectful manner. I'd rather have a " you're too ( ugly, fat, old, fillin the blank with whatever you want for your answer) message then being ignored. That's just me.....I do get that some guys just don't do rejection well, but for me, I'll taking being rejected over being ignored EVERY TIME because at least it shows you have respect towards the person to at least acknowledge them, even if it is negative.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 172 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 5:14:16 PM
To Mssalexx....I at one time had a much more detailed profile as to who I was, and got no replies. I have always answered a message when I received one, as to me it's just courtesy to let the person know you got their message and you acknowledge that they took time to read your profile and reply, even if it's a simple thank you but I don't think there's a connection or not interested. The pictures....well...see....that's me. If you're stating there's a problem with the pics that that says a lot. I have watched all the "tips" videos on here to better messages and better profiles, and used them, and I still have no replies. However, you pointed things out and talked in a educated manner, and I can respect that and appreciate the opinions. As to the lady who says I was given options......umm....this is the 1st time anyone made any specific points as to things on my profile and not making comments like "overweight smoker "...you're assuming you know how I am from just a few pictures or comments is quite shallow. Perhaps I come off "rough"......sorry, I'm a "carnie"....we don't "sugar coat" our stuff, but we can be some of the greatest people you will ever get to know, but most don't. I am the type of person who is blunt, but, if you talk to me with respect and intelligence, you will get the same right back. If you talk to me assuming I am a "typical POF" guy, I'm going to call you out on your shallowness, and that's what you show.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 169 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 3:47:35 PM
1 message ok.....10 even ok......but when you send 100 and get nothing at some point you have to wonder. If I am not allowed to question things, how am I supposed to learn ?? (to mssalexx)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 168 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 3:44:11 PM
And on the fact of my liking younger women ??? Ummm....that's a preference.....there are many women that prefer younger men. It's a choice, and I am quite free to be able to choose who I find interesting. ( to ouija)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 167 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 3:42:48 PM
And how shallow do you look by making that statement ??? Perfect example of people being narrow minded. Smoking is a issue only if your a non- smoker usually, and the overweight part.....that there shows that because I am overweight that people relate that as "undateable".....as for the 1 year......I worked for over 15 years in the carnival industry, so I traveled a lot......not the best place to work if you intend to have a relationship. Right there in your statement you made 3 "assumptions".....without even giving a person a chance to explain or giving them a chance. Perfect example of the "mindset" that I am trying to avoid. ( To spot4ausername)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 163 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 1:17:00 PM
It would show you at LEAST read what the person sending the message wrote....the fact that people think it's OK to ignore someone shows just how bad things have gotten ( and it's not just women who don't reply as men do it too). If someone asked you out in person, would you ignore them ??? NO, you would politely decline if your not interested, and move on, and I think the same courtesy needs to be considered here.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 160 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2017 12:17:31 PM
I'm not sure why, but from my viewpoint it seems like women on here don't really take into consideration that when a guy messages them and actually shows that they have read the profile, and are trying to start a conversation and show they aren't looking at the woman as just a object that the woman's lack of a reply is somewhat insulting. The lack of replies to messages on BOTH sides is frustrating, but I think that it's more frustrating that POF has not seen this and tried to fix the issue to help everyone. Something as simple as a "not interested" button for a reply could make communicating here easier for both sexes.
 JoeyT2870

Thinking of an Event Mid Island--thoughts??
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:07:41 AM
You cannot make a party "age specific"........you are only allowed to "suggest" the age group, but to host a party you must allow EVERY age to attend.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 24 (view)

Get Together Male to Female Ratios
Posted: 6/19/2017 10:23:29 PM
The issue is NOT that....it's having women INSIDE my age group....last party they had here 14 women were there.....10 were under 30 and 3 of the remaining 4 were over 55......leaving 1 woman aged 30-55 there......that's a ratio that's just NOT fair to anyone !!
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 6/14/2017 1:04:11 PM
Yes.....if you're typing more than a small paragraph it logs you out and you have to log back in again, so if you're going to type a long comment, copy it so you can paste it instead of re-typing it LOL :-)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 4 (view)

Messages - Older
Posted: 6/8/2017 12:00:12 PM
I think this falls into that " I found someone but didn't delete my account" categories......can't really be happy OR mad at it.......it sucks for people who are unaware the person you messaged is not single anymore, but to defend the person being messaged, I doubt "OOH, I have to delete my POF profile now" was on the top of their list of things to do
 JoeyT2870

FRIDAY JUNE 9th SUMMER KICKOFF MIXER VANCOUVER
Posted: 6/8/2017 11:55:48 AM
Yhea....the day Before....way to give people PROPER NOTICE .....this guy is THE WORST Party Planner....NO CONSIDERATION WHAT SO EVER for anyone other than Himself.....and then he cries when people don't show to his events......maybe he should take some advice that he has been offered and listen to it !?!?!?!
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 6/6/2017 11:21:24 AM
I thought it says CLEARLY in the rules that party planners CANNOT make profit from the events ????? Hmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 6/6/2017 11:17:53 AM
I asked 5 days ago, and STILL haven't gotten a reply.....shows a lot of interest from the party planner eh ????
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 6/2/2017 5:08:22 PM
Where is this at and what time from and to ????
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 3 (view)

Get Together Requirements ???
Posted: 5/18/2017 2:13:04 PM
That's funny because I have seen parties here with over 100 guests....sometimes close to 200.......that doesn't sound accurate
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2017 3:57:33 PM
From what I have read Scarlord......there is NO way to cater to a demographic/age group with Get Togethers........now perhaps if enough people wrote and asked for a change.......??????????
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 7 (view)

Considering starting an event - input sought
Posted: 5/11/2017 9:31:07 AM
If you haven't already, talk to the owner and get the OK for it 1st, and ask him about food/drink specials. That will help for sure. The idea of early bowling a a mixer sounds fun, as people can get to know each other there, and then go mingle in the bar for karaoke and more time together after......Keep me posted as to how it's going and how it went for you
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2017 1:57:13 PM
Agreed......most bars that have regular clientele are very hesitant to "piss off" their regulars on the weekend. I asked about 6-7 bars around me if they would be able to host a party, and was told that even though they KNOW that they would have 100-150 people coming into the doors to spend money, they would not have one due to not wanting to alienate their regulars......might be better to rent a cheap hall and hire a DJ, but then that creates expences
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 5/10/2017 9:34:04 AM
Like I posted on my thread, POF does not allow you to "exclusive" a event to a certain age group, and you cannot put limits on people coming to keep the male/female ratio somewhat balanced. The Idea that was said of contacting a party planner close to you for ideas sounds like the best thing you can do, although after seeing your location, I can see that you have a lot of the same issues as I have here in Vancouver with location. If I can help at all just post and I'll reply
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2017 9:30:02 AM
Starion.....a lot of it does have to do with location too.....I live just outside of Vancouver, so there is a lot larger pool of people to draw from obviously, but like I have said I still find the ratios SEVERELY flawed. Where as you might be in a area where a party could draw quite well, and the ratio will not be as schewed.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2017 10:00:35 AM
I so hear what Flyover and Scar were saying......I looked as to the rules for POF Get Togethers, and it says that you CANNOT restrict members from being invited, and you must invite all ages. While I do understand that, it just seems like this rule is in SERIOUS need to being edited or changed. If your a male or female, since it affects both, are you MORE likely to attend a get together that is "lightly" or "somewhat" tailored towards your age group than one this is not ??? Would you rather attend a get together with 100 people in your age group, or 10 ?? It says you can SUGGEST ages when you do invites, but I think , in some ways, it's ruder to make that suggestion as opposed to making the party to a certain demographic. If I have a party and say I make it for ages 30-50 only, I think it's reasonable to try to have that than have a party where I suggest that you be 30-50, as I would take that as a "You can come, but I really don't want you there if you're not in that age grouping". At least when you make the event age exclusive people can't say they were invited in a "off the collar" manner. Also, if you're going to a party and you see there is 80 men to 20 women, you're NOT going to be so excited to go, especially if you look closer and see that out of the 20 women that 15 are not in the age group you are looking to date. I think POF REALLY needs to take a look at the Get Together rules, and make tweeks to them so that these events are more successful, as I believe the rules they are using now are outdated and need to be re-worked to find a better ground so that these events can be more productive and helpful for it's members.
 JoeyT2870

Get Together "Requirements" ???
Posted: 5/4/2017 11:36:18 AM
I was reading the rules on get togethers and saw that it states that you CANNOT restrict a party to certain ages, and I am wondering is that something that is ABSOLUTELY set in stone ??? I have read many of the post when it comes to get togethers , and I find one of the biggest complaints is the age discrepancies......wouldn't it be easier if a person could throw a get together and make it for a certain age range so that the party is more successful as opposed to people going and being dissapointed because people are too young or too old for their tastes ??? I really would like to know what others think, and if there are any party planners or moderators from POF that could explain this it would be great. I love the idea that POF throws parties, but making them available to everyone I think is one of the parts that i find causes these events to not be as successful as they could be.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2017 10:47:42 AM
TOTALLY hear what you are saying......the ratios are already off for men to women, and , like has been said, it gets even worse when you factor in ages. I was talking to a lady about one of the get togethers, and she said she does not attend then because of how poorly regulated they are. She went to one previously, and she felt horrible due to over 3/4th of the men being too old or young for her. I am thinking of trying to throw a party here in my area, but I am not sure if I am allowed to be selective to the invites. I think if there WAS a balance for ages and men to women these events would work, but I think the organizers just don't care to do the bit of extra work to ensure balance.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2017 1:30:25 PM
Wrote her a E-Mail a few days ago.....nothing from her either :-(
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/21/2017 2:18:13 PM
The organizer of this party has held many parties here where this is the case, and he apparently has NO interest in trying to imrove things. I know I have messaged him , and I know a of a female friend who messaged him expressing our concerns from BOTH sides of the equation, and he did NOT respond to either of us. He apparently just does what he wants, and does not care at all about the people he is SUPPOSED to be representing. I know of another dating site that has mixers, and they DO monitor their meet and greets so that there is a fair ratio of men to women, and that it is NOT out of whack. Maybe if the event planners realized that what they do by not making it a even balance is hurting their events it would change things, but I doubt it.
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/16/2017 12:52:57 PM
The problem is......it's NOT managed, and the "party director" that throws these seems to have NO regard for the clients that he is supposed to be working for. I have wrote him more than once to express my concerns, and it falls on deaf ears. Apparently, from what I have been told at these meet and greets by a few is that the party directors don't have any affiliations with POF other than to call themselves "party coordinators" with a little consideration from POF as to their title.
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/16/2017 9:30:40 AM
Perfect example......they were having a get together this past Friday here in the area......on the page for the party just before the party it said 99 people were attending......when I did a count, there was 18 women attending and 81 men. That's over 4 men for each woman. That's not a mixer, that's a FREE FOR ALL !!! It's not fair to either them men or the women, because from the men's side. there's just not enough of a balanced ratio for the man to have a fair chance to meet someone. And for the women, it's not fair because being that there are so many men, they are often bomabrded with attention at these and don't get to actually look around themselves as they are always being approached. Shouldn't the party plannner or POF see this as a issue and do something to make the mixers more receptive for people to go to by evening out the ratios, even if it means telling members they can't go due to the ratios being off ????
 JoeyT2870

Spring Fling Easter Mixer Vancouver
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:47:01 PM
I am assuming that clicking attending is like making a reservation LOL
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/12/2017 4:28:22 PM
I'm just wondering if people in other areas are experiencing the same thing I am here. Every time they have a get together, the ratio of men going to women going is WAYYY out of Balance. Seems like there is almost a 5 man to 1 woman ratio at these mixers. I'm just wondering if others and having this issue, and why it happens ?? Just my 2 cents, but I don't see where that works out for people. Anyway, feel free to post/reply if you like. Would love to know what people think . Thanks :-)
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/9/2017 3:12:32 PM
Thank You for posting to the Inbox Page :-)
 JoeyT2870

Posted: 4/9/2017 10:02:34 AM
Why hasn't there been a post to the Inbox page on this ??? I mean....you want to have a mixer, yet you post it week before and you don't advertise it ???? How do you expect people to know ??? Plus.....the post on the inbox page helps people to see who is going and who might be interested, which might influence their decision as to attendance ????
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 14 (view)

is it this hard to find someone
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:40:52 AM
I know it probably will sound awful to say this, but this site seems soooo much easier for the women as opposed to the men. I have no doubt that the ratio of messages a woman gets compared to a man is quite high, and due to that the woman has, at least in my eyes, much more options to choose from, making it easier for her to have meetings. I have not met a person from this site yet. I have had a few good conversations, but they never materialized into meetings.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 13 (view)

is it this hard to find someone
Posted: 4/6/2017 9:35:45 AM
Agreed. The thing that I think strikes me as the most annoying is the profile that says" send me a detailed message to show me you read my profile and that you're not just messaging me for my pics". You read the profile, do as they asked, and you still get nothing. Why put that down if you're not going to reply ???
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 24 (view)

Perfect Example of Rude Message Replies
Posted: 4/3/2017 10:36:49 AM
When you send 5 messages a day that should say
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 23 (view)

Perfect Example of Rude Message Replies
Posted: 4/3/2017 10:35:57 AM
I see your point Chuck, and feel the same way. However, when you have, and I'm giving a rough estimate here, 5 messages a day to women, all polite and showing you have read their profile fully and are trying to just start conversation and break the ice, and you get nothing it's gets to you. And when you get something, it's a rude reply, it deflates your confidence a LOT. I understand that there are so many guys on here that see this as a pick-up site, and that's fine. But if a woman is "seriously" looking, and staes so on her profile, you would think that she would ready your message, see that it was sincere and send you at least a Thanks but no thanks message instead of nothing at all or a rude message back.

Show ALL Forums