Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Birth Control
 lynn4677
Msg: 17 (view)

Birth Control
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:48:53 AM
O.K. - New to this forum.... but, with Bullie's comment - and the lol of Claypot --- Are you guys saying that sex after 40+ is not all that common ? ? ?

If so, I guess I'd better change my age or something 'cause I .... well, let's say -- No problems here.

And, this Birth Control thing... Many of you, who are trying to figure out what type of birth control to use... Again, maybe I'm slow... but, what are you using NOW??? Are you just getting back into the swing of things?

There's a whole world out there!! Seems most woman know that on this site, but the few who can't figure out what type of birth control to use ?? If your not using it and need to figure it out -- sounds like you don't have sex, or not often enough to worry about it - just use a condom for those in frequent quests ....
 lynn4677
Msg: 64 (view)

Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:22:18 AM
My son decided to take MY test. So, the results that I have are about him.

How do I delete it? Then, take the test over? (I suppose I'm technically challenged!)

lynn4677
Msg: 42 (view)

Full time single dad and dating.
Posted: 7/22/2007 11:16:54 PM
I agree with you that single full-time parents do need to have a "Brady Bunch" lean to it.

As for the comments made regarding not wanting to get your children involved in an Adult relationship - and those who haven't dated because of it. What I personally, have as a rule to myself -- is that I will date. However, my children will not meet the person that I am dating. If dating becomes something more, I would mention the person to my children... and in the right situation, I may introduce my children very gradually. For example, if he also has kids, I'd meet somewhere where his children and my children would enjoy to go. Maybe introduce the guy as a "friend" with his children. It's not as threatening for the kids - and more enjoyable. If, at a point where there is talk about a future... then, I would begin to slowly combine our children and go from there.

I was in a serious relationship which did last for 5 years. The guy had an only daughter. We both agreed that this was what was best. As a result, he and I did have time together. (Not seeing each other all the time - can be a draw back, but it's about the kids.)... and as we introduced ourselves and kids as "friends" - it made it much easier for he and I. We learned a lot about his rules vs. how he acts / reacts to his child - and my ways. Since the kids only knew us as "friends"... the differences never mattered. When we were alone, we would talk about how we would do things regarding the children.... (We did end up living together / engaged - and our combined family did work out really well. There were some different rules that I had, vs. he had - and out of respect we followed them.

Anyway, It was a great lesson... I definately will do it the same way. To this day, my children have not been negatively affected by the relationship at all.

(Sorry to write the book)
 lynn4677
Msg: 42 (view)

Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/8/2007 4:46:24 PM
How do you RE-TAKE the test?????
I had a friend take the test for me... I wanted to re-take the test to see if the opinions of myself vs. the opinions of my girlfriend were in sync. I HAVE NOT taken the test - only she did (and it seems a large % is accurate).

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER!

Show ALL Forums