Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???
 moundpuppy
Msg: 118 (view)

Do people over sixty still think they can have a new life???
Posted: 12/2/2012 8:58:15 PM
Hi all been quite a while since I have posted on the forums. I am 61 and have had several things knock me down in the past. However that is another story of the past. I am here to say that a person can look forward to life being better after 60. Over the last six years I have since started doing something I enjoy doing. I am more active and sleep less. Started designing and building my own line of miniatures and selling them. To be honest on this I never in my life expected to be one to think of something and then take and make it from nothing. Not sure how to answer the post except that I am a very active person at 61 and if I happen to find the right person to be with all the better. I am not going to say it will be for the rest of my life if it does great. just plan to take it day by day and enjoy the one I will be with. have to cherish the time together as even though i plan on living to be 185 one never knows what may happen at any given moment. so good luck to everyone.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 430 (view)

Should men color the gray
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:42:28 PM
I have but not my hair on my head just my goatee. Most of the time it is grey but every once in a while I get the urge and color it. Been grey in my beard since I was in my 20s. My grandfather was grey as a teen where his twin brother had jet black hair. When my grandfathers brother passed at 96 he still had a head of black hair. My father at 72 had a slight bit of grey in his hair but his beard was like mine and grey early in life.
 moundpuppy
Msg: 387 (view)

bald guys
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:18:16 PM
Wow haven't seen a balding forum in a long time. I personally have been bald since 1998. My mother was still living at the time and talked me into shaving it. She liked bald. I personally refused for over a week. Was not going to give up my full head of hair. I finally sat and talked to her about it and decided what the heck. She was ill and this was in march of 1998. She passed away in August of 98. I shaved the head and took me two weeks to remove my hat when outside of the house. Shaved my long beard and made a goatee. Have had more ladies ask why and told me that they liked it. Been that way since. Had a lady that I had known for some five years see me one day in the store and she asked me for my number. I just smiled and my nephew told me Uncle Bush she was flirting with you. I said I know and told him I was not interested. She was too young for me. Told him to go back in and get to know her. He just looked at me and I told him her name. The next time I was in the store I walked up to her and told her who I was and her jaw dropped. she told me the shaving and the reshaping of my beard made a new look on me. I have enjoyed my baldness since. I do have a head full of greying hair now but at the time was dark brown.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 439 (view)

When someone points out that you're old..
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:00:31 PM
LOL I am usually the one saying I am getting old. Been told a few times yeah you are. I just laugh and say but its been so much fun getting here since I never expected to make it past 35. They usually just look at me and I walk away and if it is online I just do the LOL and wink.
 moundpuppy
Msg: 156 (view)

How to approach the subject of ED without being obnoxious
Posted: 3/3/2012 9:46:17 PM
LOL have to say I have had BP meds for quite a while. My doctor at the last meeting kind of blushed and asked me if she could ask me a personal question. She is about 33 to 38 and very nice looking. Anyways she asked if I had a problem with my sex life. I asked her why was she interested? She just looked at me and blushed even more deeper. Then told me after looking at my list of meds she noticed one of them could cause me a problem if it hasn't. Told her at that time no not yet. I have had once but the lady I was not all that interested in and she just kept coming on to me. but anyways doc made it a point to give me a prescription for the blue pill in case. I filled it and stuck it in the back side of my med cabinet. don't want to cause a problem with the lady I care for and wish to keep it that way. as I told the doctor I like to be prepared and plan on staying that way. just to much fun being intimate with one you care so much for to have a problem like that step in and knock one down not only physically as well as mentally.
 moundpuppy
Msg: 34 (view)

Does sexual desire really decline with advancing age?
Posted: 3/3/2012 9:08:30 PM
LOL naw never give up or think you have lost. When you do then you for sure may lose. I had feelings for a lady for a long time and just kept them to myself after a lot of years. Finally when her and I did talk after it was too late to do anything about it, she informed me that she had felt the same. As far as losing the urge or the empowerment to continue no way. I am 60 and soon to be 61. still find that even as a young man I would not take and be as close (if I can use that in this way) as I should have. Now I am not inclined to just have sex. I take my time and enjoy the company and the extreme closeness that prevails. makes for a extremely great time and I am sure most here know what I am referring to. Sex is great and hopefully will be for many years to come. good luck to everyone.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 201 (view)

Women question a man over 50 and not been married?
Posted: 4/1/2009 7:09:40 AM
ok no problem here:

First yeah I know I forget to paragraph but I have always done it an for that I know I am wrong. (S)ee I even did the same during the time I was in school. (N)o biggie to me.

Second: See I do consider it a commitment for work since my hobbies are being a designer and creator of miniatures. This also takes dedication as well. My commitment is to the people I make my miniatures for I refuse to give anything but the best I can possibly give to them. Is that not what one does when they commit to another person for marriage. At least to me that is what I would consider it . Give my mate the utmost best I could give to her not only physically, mentally, but all around in everything I can give to her. When I work I do the same for my employer even tho at times I don't agree with the program. It is still 100% commitment to the contract I agreed to.

Third: Now for the comment of enszygirl. See not all guys over 50, never married, and no kids means a red flag. If it was so with every guy then yes I would agree by no means but it is not. Now if I said anything that offended her I apologize to her.

Fourth: I am not going to address each and everything I said doesn't matter to me. My point to this is why should we have to judge someone for something that may not have been something that could not have been different in thier lives. We don't know but we should at least give them the chance by getting to know them and letting them explain. Now this does not apply to everyone and I am not foolish or dumb enough to think otherwise.

I do have one thing I think I will address tho. I personally have no problem with someone that has divorced for any reason. I personally lived with a lady that had been divorced four times. After a while I found out why and it didn't exactly fit her description of how or why they ended and I found out first hand. So even tho one may ask they may never know the complete story. My whole point is that if there is a red flag on someone that is single, never married and no kids. Then by no means does it not seem that should not be the same to someone that has divorced. I personally don't care what one has done in thier past. Just as long as they prove to me it is different from that point on between us. I am also not foolish enough to think that will always be the case.

Now to Nola:
Let me say this first okay. My point about the vows was that it is how one wants to look at things and you proved it to me with your description of how a never married could be. I am not saying all never marrieds look at someone that breaks thier vows as I had mentioned. I just thought that if a person makes a vow or commitment then why not be damn sure on that before hand. I just refused to make the step because of a couple of situations that had happened to me. I also had not found someone that I felt good enough about to trust making that step. Those that I did find and think there may be a chance proved to me otherwise. I have found the one I will make that step with but I will always have that one little spark in the back of my mind telling me to beware. Now there I may be wrong but with years and knowing how things have been before it happens to us all.

Now I will also say I refused to just settle for just anyone. I would have rather lived single for my entire life than to just settle with someone. I had to be sure I loved the lady and trusted her completely. I refuse to not be completely and totally into what steps I take when I make a promise like a wedding vow. I also know I have to throw out the one speck of doubt that remains and I know I can do that. See that is not a promise to anyone but one person and that is to myself. As I had said before I would rather die before breaking a promise to anyone especially to me.

Now let me say this I am sorry that I didn't fully explain myself and most likely I still haven't but thats fine. I have found what I am looking for and I do intend to make the step. We do intend to make the best of it and just be into each other. So people have fun and keep on with what ever you do. take care.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 195 (view)

Posted: 3/30/2009 10:40:27 PM
I just had to come back for this time only. People I told someone tonight I may be back in here for this. So many of you are "beware of the 50 plus and no kids and never married." for so many years I was in hate of dating younger women. I had to date older ladies and for what. I have dated two ladies younger than me by at least 15 or so years. those two ladies I found have shown more respect to the guys that are single and never married than ladies that (1) have been married and (2) or divorced and judgmental, I am not saying all are but its funny how those two single ladies have shown me the difference. So many in here judge someone for something that they have no idea of. I have seen it said that there are commitment issues for someone over 50 and never married , no kids an added issue as well. well let me say this, its all an issue that a lot need to face. for so many are wrong in that line of thought. Some of us over fifty and never married , no kids just keep drudging along and looking and hoping to find. We don't ask for anyones point of view on what we are looking for in life nor do we care for thier opinions. We look at people that divorce as people not to trust as they can not abide by vows that they have taken. Now before you bash me and I know it is coming. I know there are various reasons for not staying together when married. My mother and father divorced after 13 years of marriage. then my mother divorced the second time after ten years and catching him countless times cheating. There is reason as mentioned before abusive marriages. so many reasons. But no matter what the reason it still comes back to the commitment of the vows. I personally will not take those vows unless I am dead sure of it and the woman I am going to marry. I also will not use the traditional vows. I will write my own and when I give my word in the manner of a promise I keep it and would prefer to die trying to keep it. Just because someone hasn't married doesn't meant they were not wanting to. hell to me I would not make that step just to be like everyone else and be married just to find later that it was not going to work or that she just didn't care anymore. why destroy a persons soul that way, hell I have had enough hurt with out getting married just to go for a divorce to prove I was someone that was committed and could commit. hell I commit every day when I take and go to work for someone and continue to take thier outlandish ways of running a business and ways of treating thier employees. I commit when I give my word to help someone and I stick to it. all depends on how you look at it. I mentioned a friend that was with the same lady for so many years and he died and she still wouldn't marry him. Yeah it happens and it did for them. she loved him dearly but she could not marry and she told him so and why. I have no idea why I was not in the room when they talked. But he left this world knowing she loved him dearly and with every ounce of her being. and each of her kids called him dad and you know what I personally know it takes a lot for a kid to call another person dad or mom that isn't the natural parent. It took me years to call my step father dad and I never knew how he felt until a week before he passed away. and I am glad he told me and what he said to me. oh and to show not to judge a book by its cover if things go right I may just be making that so called step if things go right in the very near future. funny part to it is, a woman half my age and its not me that pushed that issue as to age. I was against it with us but she won out in her manner and the way she has a will as strong as mine. People just take your time and who knows you may find someone that may knock the socks off you, I know I have. all depends on how things go between now and that time. jus take the time to learn people not to judge so much and be open minded. Like levi said if one doesn't want to talk to me or be around me no problem I don't need them either. I know its not exactly what he said but the idea is there.

Take care people

Moundpuppy -- Tony
 moundpuppy
Msg: 148 (view)

Posted: 3/25/2009 4:18:17 PM
first and foremost this is the last post to this thread for me. I would like to respond to a few here after I had made my other post. first to the two that like to battle words have at it to me neither is going to win so why keep it going. second ; some one said they didn't consider someone over 50 and never married and no kids. well I can answer that one from my own experience. I am 57 never married and no kids. now I love kids to death but I can not produce them due to a diving accident that has caused me to not be able to help a woman to become a mother. had an instant vasectomy so yeah we over 50 and no kids should have a red flag. How about when a woman walks on a guy because he can't help her have children. oh never mind not worth my time. third Nola and fifi I want to say i completely enjoyed your posts. and strollinbella thx for the post now as far as set in my ways yeah I am I'm a workaholic so set in my ways that a lady half my age that I just happened to befriend has taken the time to make me look at what it was doing to me and also has changed my mind on how to look at people younger than me. yeah I am set in my ways NOT. Oh Legacypgmr I think your lady friend is wrong on people over fifty. as far as commitment I am more committed than a lot of young people I know. you have to be when you work 15 to 20 hours a day seven days a week. you took and made light of the comment of being judged well is that not what was being done by enszygirl about guys over 50 and never married, no kids when she said red flag I personally take it that way. now starfish wanna say I liked your post as well. I know a late friend that was in his sixties and had never married and no kids. now heres the clincher he lived with the same woman since he was 19 and she was in her mid 20s she had 3 children and he helped raise those kids and she could not have anymore she also refused to marry him even when he asked her to on his death bed. so yeah 50 year olds can't commit and they are big red flags. As we all know no matter how you want to judge and yes I did mean judge someone on how they lived thier life what right do we have to say someone was a risk, a red flag, or trouble because of something in thier life when we don't know what or why they are that way.
want to say one more thing here: I was almost married twice in my life and the second I have mentioned and the first I will mention only this one time and never again. The girl I almost married when I was 17 and she had just turn 18 a month before. my birthday was in august and she was with her parents on a plane and it crashed killing all three and others on the plane. this was two weeks before we were to marry. I had no intentions of ever dating again and it took a damn long time for it to happen since I felt it would only happen again. then I met the second lady and two months before is when she walked out. I was gun shy and not afraid to admit it. so i went with older women since they were more level headed but I do have my doubts after reading some of the posts on this thread. Isn't it funny how a lady half my age would take and show me the difference in how some women are. people don't judge, at least get to know and ask before making some stupid assumptions. sorry but I do feel pointed at in some of the posts since I am over 50 and no kids and never married. tho things are suppose to be gerenalized they are not in here by any means. to those that are open minded and look at the full picture thank you very much. I am out of this thread.

take care people

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 121 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2009 2:16:33 AM
it is strange how people look at someone for something that may have eluded them. I personally am 57 and never married and no kids that I know of. Been close a couple of times and things just went wrong. funny thing is I am still friends and close with each and every GF I ever had. Time just slips by when you just live your life from day to day and don't go looking to just marry someone for the sake of having someone by your side. I can do that with a girl friend living with me. sometimes a person believes the vows that they would give and respect that issue very much. sometimes people find that they are not worried about marriage and just enjoys the people that they date and forget time and it slips by. so many reasons for one not to marry. Mine is simple I dated a younger lady in my 20s and when she found I could have no kids she walked. no problem she wanted her kids naturally so I started dating older women. Most of which we all know have had thier kids and want no more. Not to mention have been married and usually are very gun shy on committing if it is leading to marriage again. either way I have remained single and for the most part have enjoyed the single life. theres times that one looks back and think why didn't I do this or that but why and for what. If you lived your life and you were honest in what and why you never married then why should someone judge you because of it. I never ran from marriage just never found the right one to make the step finally. still may happen I never count my chickens before they hatch.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 43 (view)

Meet Your Valentine party January 31 2009 Upstate @ Cheifs Greenville For POF's and friends
Posted: 1/10/2009 2:04:49 PM
Hi everyone and thanks Brian. Count me in and I am going to have to say before hand at this point it is up in the air for me. Am going to try and work out something that had been prearranged for that date. Hopefully I can work it out to attend. Some one I have talked to several times on the phone has signed up and I would like to finally meet her. * Hey Cathy ( wink)*
Any how count me in and hope to see you all there.

Moundpuppy -- Tony
 moundpuppy
Msg: 490 (view)

Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:23:30 PM
Have to say I would marry if I found the right woman. I am well over 35 and haven't located the right lady. Have come close several times but little things stopped it. The committment or the being devoted and faithful part is no problem. Just want to take the time to really get to know the lady and she to know me. Knowing one never really knows someone completely makes a question in someones mind at times but the no doubt is a for sure if I would marry even at 57 now. have grown to be more into a persons feelings than I did as a person in my 20s. Isn't it funny how a person looks back and thinks of all the mistakes that made them so stupid when they were younger.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 1756 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 12/26/2008 6:53:57 PM
Lostgirl I have to agree with you. I haven't ever considered anyones decision on why or on what they may or may not have tattooed on thier person. I could care less if someone dyes thier hair or beard, uses make up or hair pieces. I have tattoos as I have posted before and don't care who likes or dislikes them. I got them for my pleasure and no one elses. I thought long and hard on what I wanted placed on my shoulder or I should say my upper arm. Not ashamed of either one of the three. I just haven't figured why anyone could take and hold against someone what they have done that had given them pleasure at some point in thier life. Yeah there are those that may regret having done it in a later part of thier life. my brother was one but it was not the tattooing it was what he had placed there in the first place. He had used a ladies name and his present wife asked him to cover the names or have them removed. he had them covered for her and no other reason. Why does someone place so much in thier way or the oppurnity of kowing someone just because they have a tattoo. Sounds stupid to me in my opinion. Even tho I have tattoos I think a body full is to much but I don't judge someone for it thats thier choice to have it done. It has never and would never stop me from getting to know the person because of a tattoo or two. I would never cut myself short from knowing someone that could become either a best friend or a partner in life. So many people just don't think past thier eyes or past what thier eyes see to learn what may be something that may or could change thier lives. Enuf said been a long time since I posted here in the forums and on this thread and it seems the posts are all just about the same people judgeing others because of the decisions that they made in thier life or a pleasure that the awarded to thierselves. Take care people.

Oh before I go the post prior to yours I thought was far out in space for sure. The fact of more tats could mean no more wars. Ha bunch of bunk. I know people of a few gangs that value tats and well lets say they have no problem with fighting and we all know where that leads don't we. but famine and disease whats with this crock. If the wrong ink or a bad needle is used then there could be a disease that could cost an arm or leg or life itself. The famine well thats a new one on me considering that tats has nothing to do with the ability to feed ones self unless of course they are going to drink the ink or eat the needles. later every one that one is far fetched for sure the person has to start thinking or explaining that one.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 459 (view)

18 year old girl marries a 40 year old man?
Posted: 8/19/2008 1:54:16 PM
hey the way I see it is. it is thier lives and if it is ok with them then it has nothing in this world to do with us what so ever. We could sit and be judgemental on what is good or bad with it. But for what reason at 18 she is suppose to be an adult and if she was raised to know her mind like my nieces and nephews were then She knew what she wanted. We don't know the whole story behind it and personally I don't care. My last relationship was with a woman 16 years my younger and I could care less what people thought as did she. No ones business in the matter but thiers. Personally I wouldn't be with a girl that young but I also have my limits set to where I will date from 39 to 65 so I must be a dirty ole man now. Frankly as long as the couple enjoy each others company and they walk into a relationship knowing full well what they are doing then for the love of god it is not my place to judge them in any way at all. Nor is it anyone elses place either.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 44 (view)

goodbye thudpucker..you will be missed !
Posted: 8/12/2008 10:24:19 PM
Thanks for letting me know Di
I wish the best for his family and to all the friends he has Peace bro.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 53 (view)

Why do people say i work long hours so.....
Posted: 8/11/2008 11:33:25 AM
wow whats the reason to lie Randy. If you have to lie then why the hell be here in the first place. I'm sorry but to me if I have to lie then there is for sure no reason to even start what ever it is I am going to have to lie about. I honestly work two jobs and I am a designer of miniatures. I also design web pages for pleasure of doing it. My time usually involves some 20 to 22 hours a day unless I just set that day aside for other things. See I pride myself as being honest and damn proud of it. I will tell you like it is and not beat around the bush on it. I am a workaholic and its not a sickness like some believe. I throughly enjoy working. I just see no reason to sit around for hours at a time. I could lie just like anyone else in this world, but for what, who am I hurting in the doing so? MYSELF no other and only causing someone not to trust me. If I give my word you can best believe I am going to give my all to keep it. I don't say what I am not going to do. Yeah there are people out there that will tell you one thing and do another. All they are doing is trying to get what they want and walk. Not all of us are that way at least not this ole man. I just turned 57 and I have been this way since I was in my early teens. If you have to lie stay the hell away. Be honest with me and I will for sure be the same in return and sometimes when it is not wanted to be returned.

Have a good day people
Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2008 10:42:36 PM
you know gotfin I have to disagree with you on something here. Let me say this first I usually don't do this but this time I am. First I am a workaholic. I know it and have been most of my life. Never have I denied it nor would I. as far as a low self esteem that a bunch of BS. thats the one thing I don't have. The fact of the matter is and if you read my profile I state it in there. I enjoy my work and the people I work with. I don't like to sit still and even when I am on the PC online I am doing something else at the time. I have my own line of miniatures I create because I enjoy doing it and giving them away to people I know. I also design web pages and I am an inventory specialist. Yeah I work long hours and enjoy every minute I do. Personally I could care less about the money part of it. I have had jobs that paid great but the people and the jobs were total snobs. I found something I am damn good at with my miniatures and it also makes for a relaxation time for me as well. When I want to date or just to frolic around with a lady I do it. I just tell the people I work with I am out of there for the evening and I am gone. I make up what ever I missed in doing so. Not because I have to but because I want to. I am saying this is just because a person says they are a woraholic doesn't mean that they don't know whats important in life. Don't get me wrong relationships are great but there are a lot of things in this world that fit in that so called line.
yeah you may want to say I am wrong. when a person knows they are a workaholic and enjoys the things that make them that way they learn to adapt to whats going on around them. They make allowances and adhere to many factors that help them keep pace in what they like to do. To me there is nothing better in this world then to hold a lady and gently stroke her face and kiss her and tell her how she makes me feel. But in turn work fills a void in my body that someone that doesn't work like this would never understand. Most would say a workaholic is sick, but why, just because they enjoy working like a person may enjoy food or the movies. No sense on going on and on only another workaholic would know the feelings they feel and the pleasure that they get from it. Just because they work long hours doesn't mean they don't enjoy life. have a good one people

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 7/28/2008 1:08:44 AM
op don't know about others but I will say this. I work from 7 am to about 9 or 10 pm six days a week and have for almost seven years now. Just because I work like this does not mean I let it stop my meeting and dating a lady. If I let it then I would be a fool. I am not speaking for anyone else on this just myself. I know when I need to relax and I know when I have to make the consessions on the work habit. I am a workaholic and I have been most of my life. See if someone works 12 to 14 hours a day. Then goes home and spends an hour or two online. then designs on items they create, time can manage to mingle together at times. I know this personally. An average days sleep can be 3 to 4 hours. But one does know how to manage thier time if they work at it. Don't always assume because they say they work long hours that they don't have the time to invest in a relationship. A day off, a rearranged work day (time wise) so easy to handle. Just takes a little common sense.

I fully understand if someone tells me they have to work. I also expect they be honest with me as I would be with them. If my way of working offends or causes a problem then by all means tell me. If thiers does me I would for sure tell them. If they don't wish to see me again just tell me. Not going to be any hard feelings because of it. all it takes is communication between two adults and take it from there.

Take care
Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 554 (view)

What makes a woman over 40 sexy?
Posted: 7/28/2008 12:49:41 AM
Hi Bucs, long time

impact and Jgirl I know many a lady over 40 and not all I consider sexy. I do however value and respect each one. I personally look for a lady in her late thirties on up to my age. Mostly ladies in thier forties and early fifties. Have been approaced by some as low as 20 but hey thats a kid to me. No matter what each and everyone deserves respect and when any woman lets go with her personality and it shows giving a true picture of herself then she is going to appear sexy no matter what. And a "Woman" over 40 and giving her best step forward is for sure going to beat out a child anytime. Take care ladies and have a good one.

Take care Bucs and stay sweet

Tony-- moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 35 (view)

Would you obey rules of love?
Posted: 7/28/2008 12:30:08 AM
This one is simple I would have offered to take her back to where we met or walk her to her car but either way it would have been over. Would have been polite about it but it would have been done with. I don't dictate what anyone does and I certainly don't expect it to be done to me. Only one that does that is the boss at work and he doesn't tell me he asks.

Take care
Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 338 (view)

are women leery of guys over 30 who have never been married?
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:04:36 PM
I have always thought I was single because I preferred to make sure of what I was getting into. I also found many women that had a very profound hatred towards men after a divorce. I am not saying all women. Now I will say that all women after a divorce are far from trusting any man and given the circumstances on some reasons I can understand that. Main point is not all men are like others. Some take the time to try to understand and help a woman feel comfortable after a divorce and ask nothing in return but they are looked at like they have other intentions. Some men that have never been married may have just been living thier lives and going day to day to get through it. Not intending to stay single for the length of time that they have. Whats the big deal? I have no quams in a woman that has never married and no kids. I have no problem with a woman with kids and divorced. I have no problem with a woman that has been widowed and still fights the feelings from the past. What we need to do is take the time to find out and then you may reach a point that your thoughts may have been totally foolish in the way you were thinking. I am not saying not to be careful. Everyone should always take safety into account first. That goes both ways from men and women. Truthfully I enjoy my being single most of the time. There are times that I feel the moment of regret and wonder what would have been the outcome with a certain woman in my past. I have been told a couple of times by past ladies that they wished they had said yes when I asked them to marry me. Hindsight does make one think but for what point. The past is that and if the future trips into the picture what kind of terms does one have to fight to prove themselves to someone that has been married and divorced or widowed. The person that has been either will have it in the back of thier minds and the poor person that has never been married has to fight like all hell to prove themselves not to be like an ex. Some times it is just not worth the time to try and prove it to someone that has been married. Don't get me wrong I think there is nothing better than to find the love you seek and make a go of it. Get that special person and find a cloud that sets you in a whirl. May be foolish dreaming but hey give me foolish anytime if I love the woman. I would give her the world if it were mine to give. I never offer anything except my total devotion and love. The commitment I offer is unconditional. However I do ask for the same in return. Been single for what, I am 56 almost 57 and never married. Only one woman has ever totally caught my heart and the circumstances were against us from the beginning. So being single is the road that some people take. Not by choice but by circumstances in life and what it has offered along the way. If you have a dream and want to make it happen you will. It may take time but sometimes that time is long and it works against you. I can truthfully say I do not even take into account about someone having been married or if they have been single all thier life. I take into account how we feel for each other and connect to each other. Everything else will work out.

Have a good one people, sorry for the length of the post.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 146 (view)

Falling in love.... online?????
Posted: 6/21/2008 6:16:26 PM
hi gill,
I have to totally agree with you. I had seen a lady in my youth and never really knew her. I really never wanted to go online but was convinced by none other than my mother to do so. she only told me that I would meet someone special and I would know when it happened. I laughed but she talked me into it. This was before she passed away in 1998. Later that year I went online and kept the promise to do it for her. I went into chat and met quite a few friends I still have to this day. one of them was a lady I started joking with and soon it developed into calling and talking. The calls would last sometimes for 10 to 12 hours and I am here to say it can happen. I fell for this lady and she for me. Tho we are not together now we still talk and she informed me just two days ago the worst mistake she made was not accepting my proposal of marriage to her. here is the funny part the lady was the woman I knew in my youth and had never spoke to just saw her in passing. she grew up three miles from me and walked by my house every day and would wave to me. I didn't know it was the same lady until we finally got together and she showed me a photo of herself as a teen. Yes I can say it can happen online but it may not always work out the way we want. on either ones part. Take care people and let your heart and soul guide you but use good judgement in your choices it may surprise you.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 79 (view)

why do guys keep that one stand of hair and wrap it over their heads. why???
Posted: 5/27/2008 1:53:42 PM
hey touchdown a lot of people don't realize that for some it changes thier entire appearance. It has taken and made some appear to be younger than they really are. I have been taken to be younger than I really am at times and at the moment it is flattering but then I think about it and I realize hey I earned the years and I am proud of them. I actually have a full head of hair and I just prefer to shave it. It is cooler in the summer by a long shot. This is not to mention the ladies that find bald exciting or I should say appealing. So many are just so vain about thier hair and thinking how it is going to effect thier looks. I have to admit I was the same at first until my mom made me realize hey it will grow back. I guess it is that first thought of wow I have no hair and the feeling of how should I say this. I guess it could be said in different ways. Fear, shame, loss of ones dignity to a point, as you had said the feeling of growing old. Funny thing is the loss of hair is not just an age thing. at least for some I know. My great grand father was bald from the time he turned fifteen. then on my mothers side my grand father was grey haired from the time him and his twin both turned fourteen. guess thats why I have the problem of a grey beard since I was in my late teens. the ones that comb over are just able to accept the fact that they are loosing thier hair. They are trying to find a way to keep what little they have until the time comes that it goes. Now this is my opinion on why they might do a comb over. a dear friend of mine told me that was why he did the comb over and still does to this day and he is a couple of years older than myself. Have known him for almost twenty years now. He told me some don't like it but his wife has no problem with it so he continues to keep it that way. at least she hasn't said anything against it and they have been together for 18 years now. well enough said have a good one people.

Moundpuppy

oh forgot to mention this. when I shaved my head and finally went with out a cap after two weeks. I went walking through the local grocery store and passed my step mother and didn't speak to her. She had looked straight at me and I mean right in the eyes. She walked on until I ran across her at the check out and I asked her if she had lost her tongue. She looked at me and told me that she didn't know it was me. It did make that much difference in my looks. (at least to her and a few friends) well going to go just thought it would be an amusing little story.

take care everyone.
 moundpuppy
Msg: 999 (view)

Calling all 40-60Something Males?
Posted: 5/19/2008 10:21:45 PM
your right motown no where in your explaination or I should say post is there mention of love by either party male or female. I know of two couples that were wed and in both cases the ladies were at least 20 years younger than the male. Now the funny thing was both of the females persued the males until the guy just gave up running. One of the two couples are still together and i think I mentioned this one before in a prior post. The other I never mentioned since this one I have known since she was 14. met her a lot of years back in my life. She persued the guy she married and she finally caught him. took her almost four years to convince him that she was in love with him.
at the time the two were married she was 20 and he was forty. they wound up having a daughter. have to admit she was very beautiful on her wedding day. now I am talking of this ladies daughter. some twenty lears later. Thing is the two never stayed together the entire time. she lost him after five years and I have to say it almost killed the lady.(he died in a car accident) In both cases the older man was not seeking a younger woman but the younger woman was chasing the older man. I could go more into detail but I won't since I do respect thier right to privacy and I don't have permission to say who they are online. I have known both ladies since I was in my teens and the guys as well. and one of the two couples I saw the last time I went to the state where they were living. the other lady and her family I speak to almost all the time at least once a month or more. But as you said you spoke nothing of love just guys chasing the younger ladies and the older ladies chasing the studmuffins. isn't it funny how its always the case with older guys or older ladies chasing the younguns around.
have a good one people
Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 237 (view)

Never married & no kids
Posted: 4/24/2008 8:40:26 PM
out of all the replies I have read in this thread I have to say yours has by far been the best one to date curveyprincess. I have to agree that we all make choices throughout our lives and some are questionable at the time we make them. Some are just down right dumb with the way we come to the decision on how we make it. but no matter what we have to live with what is dealt and what we decide that is best for us. we may find we have made the wrong decision but we also know that we have placed ourselves in that spot and carry on and get past it. no sense in living in what has come and gone just time to face a new horizon and keep on trucking. It all intells learning by what choices we have made and how we accept them. at the time they were the right decision and no matter what from that one point and time it will always have been the right decision made. I also as stated before have never been married and no kids (at least to my knowledge) and along the time I have learned I was by far better off from it. Not that I don't like kids and by no means am I afraid of commitment or marriage. Just been busy with other things and going thru life making sure things are as I want them for me before I allow myself to allow myself to settle down and commit to just one for I am one that believes that when I make that step it is for a final step. and yes I know that is not being realistic but I just won't make that step unless I am sure completely. Then there is only two things to watch out for 1 (heaven help me) 2 (heaven help my pocket) all joking aside when I commit it will be totally.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 199 (view)

Never married & no kids
Posted: 3/19/2008 7:48:59 PM
swgal,
just want to say that not all men over 40 or even 50 are commitment phobic nor are they all set into a bachelor life style. I as I have stated before have no children and never married. Now if any man and I say that meaning any man that would not understand the bond between a mother and thier child had better go back to school and start over. They need to take and start learning what is important in this world expecially when it involves a mother and her offspring. But I also know that it does not just work between a mother and her child but also a man and his child or one that he has helped raise. Both can have a bond that is so strong that nothing can step between that bond. Personally I as said before am 56 and I do know of that type of bond. I also can say that for some reason a small child will almost always come to me and try to talk my head off. Only had one that backed away from me and it was my brothers son. Took years for him to relax around me. Never understood why and really it never bothered me. I treated him just like all the other kids and left him to make his own mind up when he would trust me. That boy or I should say man now just graduated basic training and him and I are very close as I am with the rest of the nieces and nephews. I will say I never tried to bond with any and it was due to the fact that I can not have kids but I have always known that the bond of a child and thier parents is something that should never be questioned. If a man does not understand this then he is not wanting to. on the other part of your post involving living with someone No I have not but that was by my choice. The long term relationship yeah been there and done that a few times. if a person enters into a relationship then they must be willing and ready to share and understand and communicate with the other person involved. If one can't do this then they had better not ever approach a relationship in my opinion. a booty call is easy to find a relationship is something that one should respect and work on completely 100%. Give and take otherwise walk away.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 181 (view)

Why do older men have dirty minds?
Posted: 3/8/2008 9:40:27 PM
wow so many dirty ole men and thier dirty old minds. Ok here is a little info ladies and most of the guys no matter what age will say the same unless they are mind controled not to. Age has nothing to do with how a mans mind is as far as being dirty. I have been just as open in thought and my way of speech since I was a teen ager. hell I was even more open as a teen than I am now. Over the years I have learned to grow up and respect a lady not to degrade her. Now if the lady and I are together and she shows she is as open as I am. can keep up or even out go me on being blunt and all. then by all means it is level playing grounds and the joy that ensues is quite delightful. Truthfully and honestly I personally do not care for a guy that is dirty minded when in an atmosphere that said should not be. In private is a whole different matter. expecially when it is one on one and done in play.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 263 (view)

18 year old girl marries a 40 year old man?
Posted: 2/20/2008 1:56:50 PM
wow another age forum. I know a lady that is now in her forties. when she was 18 she married a guy in his 30s. Now that was his late 30s. They are still together as of this date. I am 56 now and I knew her from when she was in high school. She graduated with my sisters class. She has five kids and she is still very much in love with this man as she was when she married him. All the older folks around made comments it would never last. Said she was not grown enough to know what she wanted. Said he was a monster for go after an 18 year old. Funny thing was no one asked her but she chased him. She was of legal age and it started out in his eyes as just to get it out of her system and it developed into him loving her. Another thing was he never once had anything to do with her until she turned 18 other than to talk to her. The lady and I have talked about it for she and I had a thing about older people for dating. OT: We can not judge her or him with out knowing all that is involved.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 1223 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 2/4/2008 12:30:50 PM
you are right alana if someone doesn't care for the tats that you have then they sure don't deserve the person that has them. To me there is no reason to judge someone because they have a tattoo or more on themselves. As mentioned before in a post prior to yours there are many things that one can be judged on other than a tattoo. One that flaunts thier wealth, one that flaunts thier looks this list can go on and on. I ask for what the person that has the tat is by far no different from the one that was plain before they started having the tats added. I have three and I still make the same decisions that I did before the same way. I still look at things the same as I did before I had a tat placed on my body. The only difference that has accured is the fact that I decided to have a picture placed on my body for my pleasure and for a meaning meant to me. I never asked anyones opinion on what to have placed on my body and I have never asked anyones opinion of what they thought of it. Not that I give a rats A$$ what they would think anyways. each and every tat I have was placed there because of something special in my life and it still means the same to me as the day I decided to have one placed where it is located. If someone decides that because of a tat that I have I am a bum or slime then thats fine thats thier opinion and they can keep it to themsleves. I never ask a woman about her make up or clothes she wears or comment on it, unless I am complimenting her. I never ask a guy why he chooses a certain lady he would date or the car he drives or the reason he likes nascar or foot ball. I feel thats thier right to like those things and it has nothing to do with me. So I also feel they have no right to judge me just because I have a tattoo of a cross on one arm and a photo on the other. If someone doesn't like them then by all means look the other way and leave me to my pleasure of the enjoyment they gave me or have given to me.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 926 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2008 1:04:40 AM
don't you think it is funny how one lets age guide them on if they contact or let someone contact them. We all have boundries in some way if it be age, looks, height, weight, hair color or what ever. there is something that we each have that will be a boundry. I have no boundry on age as far as connecting and thats up or down. I have no boundry as far as a woman with children since they are what makes her what she is or has become. I can honestly say the one thing that has been a turn off to me is stupidity. Now before anyone goes off the deep end I am meaning someone that is acting that way trying to be what they are not. I am 56 and quite proud of it since it took all those years to make it here. I get quite a few ladies email me that are in thier 30s and I don't mindand ladies older and even some younger than that. I really haven't found the one that has caught my attention enough to go after so to speak. Not to say that the ladies that have written are not nice enough. everything depends on whats happening in the outer world at the time with me. distance is of no matter to me either I have traveled half way across the us to meet a lady and the time was well worth the trip. we just have to open up and let ourselves go and hope that we make a good choice in where and what we seek. good luck people

moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 169 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2008 1:53:54 PM
Hi As~is,
was courious and went to read your profile. went to look at your profession. I worked in that field for a long time and understand where you are coming from. Only thing was with where I was at it was different. If we joked around we had to be very careful on what we said or did. Some of the ladies seemed to have a problem with joking around. So most of us guys just learned to ignore them and not speak to them unless it was a have to. One knows who to trust if they pay attention close enough. At my present job it is almost the same way. the one thing is the ladies that work with me now are very open and say exactly whats on thier minds. This is fine since I never know what is coming from thier mouths even when I think "yeah I know whats coming now" . When I learned that they were as open as I am was when one came up to me telling me of a guy that works with us about how sexy his A$$ was. Not that I cared LOL but it told me she was as open as me to some point. since then I have found she is very open in what she has to say and thats fine. I still watch what I say and how I say it but I do this because I respect her as a woman and would any woman for that matter. We guys can have dirty minds for sure and some of the things that pass thru them can be something else. LOL but damn the things that can come from a womans mind and mouth could put a dirty ole man to shame.

moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 905 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2008 1:36:33 PM
if one must scare someone so they would settle then whats the use. All it is going to do is cause problems later on down the road. If you care for someone tell them, if you love someone tell them. No need to hide your feelings all it does is make it rougher in the long run. If you tell the one you care for then you will know for if it is not returned then it will end and no further problem (hopefully) . May be a little or slight feeling of hurt but if one gets back in there and pitches then it will be forgotten soon enough. I personally don't say I care or love no matter what level I am feeling unless I know it for sure in me and hopefully I never have to resort to the scare tactic. to be perfectly honest that tactic would never come from me.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 70 (view)

Posted: 12/23/2007 4:32:02 PM
but leefer that is in the eye of the beholder. some tend to like the bald head where as some don't each to thier own opinion. Only thing I don't care for with my bald head is when I bump it and it leave a mark. Not to mention when I had my hair grown out it did take and curb the cuts from happening when it was being bumped. The comb over is liek the bald head in that aspect they tend to get cut just as easy.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 103 (view)

too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:38:51 PM
ummm betty life itself is easy if one lets it be. as far as the threads like these would that not apply to any thread that is started since they all circle around one item of subject. See they seem to me to be there for the people to give thier point of view in which I have as you have. I think we all have that right to be able to say this as long as we try not to offend. The person that started this asked a question and people have started giving thier point of view on someone that gets too involved with thier pets. yeah some do and some have a tendency to go overboard with thier ways of dealing with animals. some animals can not be tamed or around other animals or humans and I use the humans very loosly. we all should take into account the misuse of animals and the way they are treated. also the fact that no matter how you treat some animals they still turn into killers no matter what. Not just to bring home a trophy ot to have food. think on it for a moment and you will know what I speak of. Yes I have a pet and love him dearly. I do not expect anyone to care for him or love him as I do. I do however give him respect and I expect it back from him and he knows it in his own way. See I don't like cats and never have but I do not judge a person because of the fact that they do. I look at the person and try to find what we may have in common and go from there. any ways I have to agree with you that if a person doesn't care for someone with pets then for sure find someone that is as they are. we are all adaptable if we let ourselves be so. life is easy if we let it be. take it moment by moment.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 185 (view)

DO MEN TAKE BREAK-UPS THE HARDEST?????????
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:53:56 AM
Hi Rose,
Long time no see. I think the last one for me was the hardest. she was one of only two women I would have married. Won't go into detail on it or what happened. I will say this and I really don't like saying it but what the hey. It took me almost three years to get over the lady and at times the tinge is still there when I let my guard down. That is also something I don't do to often. I was depressed and hurt very deeply but I am also a very strong willed person and I saw what it was doing and knew I had to end it and set my mind to stop the problems. I then set out to find ways to overcome it and found them and blocked it and it ended. Just a mindset and one has to know what they can and will take to end a problem with out it ending them. Talk to you later rose

Tony -- Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 17 (view)

How do I know if a guy is truly in love with me or is it infatuation?
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:37:46 AM
can't speak for others but for myself I will not use I love you to a woman unless I mean it completely. I am very very choosey as to who I say it to.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 76 (view)

too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:22:45 AM
I posted early on in this thread and have come back and read all the replies since. Just wanted to add something here if I may. First let me say this My chow as I had stated is very dependant on his way of thinking. One poster even made comment that dogs won't talk back. Now thats a bunch of bunk. My chow will grumble and growl if I tell him it is enough and he doesn't think so. He tries to get in the last word at times. Its all a sign of who is the dominate one in control. Though I do not work at the Humane society I do however have a family member that does and that is who made it a point to make sure the pet I have is mine. She fostered over eighty animals in the last two years making sure that they were raised well enough to be adopted out to families. From the moment I saw Bear at three weeks he was going to be mine. He was stubbern and hard headed and thats what I liked the most about him. He is as smart as a whip snapping. He is as I stated before protective of the house and me. I understand this since he is in the house most of the time. He gets out and he runs freely and does his thing as needed and I do place him on a chain outside if I am going to be inside and not wanting him under my feet. However that is because I do not have a fence and there is kids coming by my place a lot and I take no chances. He would not bite one but he plays hard and they would not know he was just playing.
I would also like to reply on one other thing and it is something I know for a fact. A dog is very receptive of people and they way they are. My brother has a dog named cleo. she is very laid back and likes everyone--almost-- there was a neighbor that lived just behind him and my brothers dog could not stand this guy from the day she laid eyes on him. after about a year of the guy being there and him trying to get along with the dog which by the way was never going to happen. the guy disappeared one day. I asked my brother and he told me that he had been arrested for bank robbery. I won't say the guys name in public forum but that told me to respect my dogs reactions on people and watch which I do quite often.
hey OP I understand what you mean as to involved with thier pets and yes some do. My sister in law is one that does and there is no such thing as being to involved with the pets. this is according to her. Now my brother is just as involved but he does not go to the passing point of the difference of knowing the pet is one thing and the human is another. he is also the blocking point in her endeavours of bringing home to many animals. at one point she had four cats and three dogs in the home not counting the fostering of five pups at the time. My brother laid the law on what was going to be a limit and it was an agreement between them on it. In most cases people with pets will work with someone where an animal is involved or I should say they should. when I leave my job I make it a point to come straight home to let my dog out and spend time with him. If I can't make it my brother will make it or my sister in law will. wasn't long ago that I spent two weeks in the hospital from an asthma attack. My brother kept telling me that bear was getting antsie and starting to give them trouble. The day I got out he went bananas when I walked thru the door. Me being who I am made it a point not to give in to him until he had went out and done his thing. then I stayed outside and played for almsot an hour with him. He went in and slept the rest of the night. I don't place my dog above another person but I also let my dog know I care and love him just as much. when I sleep he will lay beside my bed and when I am working in my crafts room he is there beside me. he is with me where ever I am at in the house except the kitchen where he knows he is not allowed to be. take the time to talk to an animal lover and then you will know how much they care for thier animal. you will also find out just how much that animal cares back. wish you all a merry christmas

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2007 4:42:23 PM
I can honestly say I don't know the feeling of going bald and using the comb over. I had a friend that did use the comb over and he had one hell of a time getting dates. At the time I had a full head of hair and I had mentioned him trimming it to get rid of the comb over. He however didn't listen to me and I accepted it. My brother also was loosing his hair and refused to do the comb over and he talked to the guy we both knew since childhood. The guy trimmed it to almost a shaved look and wasn't long he was dating quite a lot. The last time I saw him he had went to the bald look and by this time I had shaved mine off. He then told me that he liked the bald look better now and we talked on it for a long while. He has since married and has told me he like myself has no intention of growing the hair back. Personally the combover just looks silly to me but I also know how I felt when I was asked to shave my head the first time. I completely understand the feeling of the vanity of ridding oneself of ones hair. It takes the first step for one to completely understand the feeling one gets when they finally realize that hair is just that "hair". I wore a cap for the first week after shaving my head and only removed it when I was in the privacy of my home. A lady I worked with asked me to remove my cap one day and I did and the comments from the ladies I worked with made a difference in my hiding the shaved head. This coming june will be ten years since I shaved mine and it was the best thing I had ever done. I also understand not all guys can make that step for it is and can be a hard one to do.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 12/13/2007 10:20:29 PM
as looking said vanity says it all. get past the first shaving and you have let it all be gone. enjoy the breeze flowing over the skin and then you will enjoy the baldness.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 24 (view)

too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 10:03:57 PM
hmmm interesting topic for sure. I have a chow that tops in at 110 pounds. He is very protective of the house and the yard. I have no problem with that for he has come to my defense when another dog happened to enter into my yard. The lab started to attack as I stepped out of my front door and before I realized what happened the chow was there and had the lab. Just a word from me stopped him from hurting the lab but I realized that dumb dumb was of some value. I have at times left him for 12 hours and no problems. Mostly he is use to 8 as a daily thing. Like most people my chow has a mind of his own and he will show it at times. Now on the same note he knows I am the boss and will meet him nose to nose if it is required. Been there and done that. My chow has a deep bark and most people are afraid to come into my yard or up to my door. People that do know me and my dog knows that I am the ruler in the house unless I am gone and he has full run then. I have trained him not to listen to anyone except myself or my sister inlaw or brother. We have complete control of him. He knows if someone comes into the house he is placed in his house and the door is closed. now if they enter while I am gone they enter at thier own risk. Now bear will not go out unless one of the three of us let him out. He won't take food from anyone but myself and my sister in law. for some reason he won't take food from my brother. Now I love my dog dearly but he is an animal and I remember that above all else. He is close to me and I enjoy his company. when I have a date over he is where he is suppose to be in his house. He may growl and bark until he gets use to the person that shows up but he knows I won't put up with it to long either. Having a pet is great but thats what they are is pets. I don't think anyone should mistreat an animal in any way and I will defend one as quick as I would a child. But can you picture having a chow stand his ground and showing his teeth trying to make you know he is in control. NOT IN MY LIFE. A person can show respect to an animal and the pet will show it back. the devotion is great and they are loyal as all hell. Mistreat one and you may have a problem that can lead to additional problems down the road. My chow does not get up on my furniture at any time. He never has from the time I purchased him. my chow will never come before a date except if there is a danger of him hurting someone. Then it had better be one heck of a reason that would happen. I guess I can say I am the dominate one between the two of us in this household. I let that be known from the very beginning. I set down small rules and he has learned them and I know when I am gone he breaks them but what I don't see I can't say anything about. I did make a mistake and placed him in a kennel for three days when I had to make a trip once. When I returned I had my brother go to pick him up. the kennel was just around the corner from where I worked and I received a call saying he wouldn't come out of the cage they had him in. Not even for my brother and sister in law. I left and went around the corner and walked into the building and heard him from the front of the building. All I did was yelled his name and he walked to my brother and stood beside him and walked out with no problem. The ladies at the kennel asked me if I always had trouble with anyone controling him. I told her no since only three of us usually do it. I was told he was fine until they placed him in the cage and then no one could get him to come out. He also wouldn't let anyone into the cage. I found out that they waited for him to go to sleep then they would place food in his cage and slip away and he would finally eat after about seven or so hours. but enough on pets "no" a person should not be to involved with thier pets to enjoy life and the pleasures it has to offer. A pet is there to be a friend and companion when everyone else is away. They can be treated like a family member but with limits. you have to love the pet and respect them to gain it in return. You don't have to place them on a pedistal. have a great day people.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 150 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2007 8:25:59 PM
so we are dirty ole men ... ok but I have seen dirty ole men walk away from some fine upstanding women talking and getting free with thier speech and oh so blunt. Then the same women accuse the older men of saying something that was wrong. Whats the point of being dirty ole men when we can't be. we all like mud once in a while.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 48 (view)

Did your fears change as you got older
Posted: 12/3/2007 7:51:32 PM
As a youngun I was afraid of the girls. That was a scary thing at that time. Later on I aquired a fear of heights. May have been to the fact I fell three stories and landed on my side and broke the arm a few places. Sudden impact and all. Now I haven't found a thing I am extremely afraid of except a tornado and not really sure on that one either. Oh forgot I know the feeling of not being able to breathe that is a feeling that can not be explained.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 197 (view)

why do men say they love you?
Posted: 11/5/2007 3:12:13 PM
why say those words if you don't mean them. I don't and won't just to get in a ladies pants. I never have either. It is by far to easy to find a lady that is open to having a joyful time in the sack. Hell all we have to do is make sure we use protection and be extra careful. If you can't do that then keep your pants on and up. When and if I say I love someone it is by far meant and I won't back off from when I say it. I don't say this to anyone at anytime except very close family members. And it took me years to be able to tell them. So if I break down and say the three words to someone then it will for sure be meant with all inside of me.

moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 29 (view)

is he after your kids?
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:37:49 PM
Have taken and read each post here in this thread. I want to say this before I say what I am going to. I will Kill someone over a kid no matter who it is if they are mistreating that child. I have hurt a couple of people that were hurting a child and not ashamed of it.
Now what I was going to say I agree that a lady must always be safety minded for her child. I can understand that. But I also know a guy that was accused of messing with a child and it never happened and it messed up his whole life. I also quit dating a woman because she took and told me she would send her kids off to live with her mother so we could be together. Excuse me but a child comes first no matter what in my eyes. That child is a part of that woman and to get to know her one must know her offspring for that tells someone how she is and how she handles things as far and a family. There are signs that a person can spot that gives away someone that can't be trusted. Take the time to learn them and watch closely.

See I also think if I am dating a lady and she has children I don't mind taking a child out for a picnic or to a ballgame and make it a time for the woman and her kid or kids to enjoy. I also believe that time between her and I are just that between us. At those times I prefer no children around to cause an interruption if we are talking or what ever.

I will say this I have no kids and I know I never will. All my life kids have been drawn to me and for what and why I have no reason of knowing. Only one child in my life has ever been afraid of me and that was my nephew that just turned 19. for some reason when he was two and three he would run from me. then at four he just changed and hung onto me all the time. Kids you gotta love em. They make the world go around. Nothing better than to have a small child follow you around asking questions on things that seem so trivial to you but they are important to them at the time. Best part is you don't have to give a full answer to them just a brief one and they are happy. They have gotten your attention and you answered them. sorry for my running on people take care

Oh would like to add one more thing if I may. both my parents were married twice. I met a many a guy my mother dated and of those guys I only found one that I was ever close to other than the guy she married after my father. Now with my father I met all his girlfriends he dated and never got close to any of them. Even when he married my step mother it took years for me to finally get close to her. So just because you are dating someone does not mean that the kids will get close to them. I was always told by my father that the reason I never got close to the ladies he brought home was I was always waiting for my mother to return. Strange but he was wrong and I know it. I just never trusted them and thats not saying they couldn't be trusted.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 124 (view)

What are the deal breakers for you?
Posted: 10/8/2007 11:05:25 PM
This is an easy one I have two things.
1 Don't like stupidity of any kind even if it is faked. Whats the sense in it.
2 Don't like to have it in the first email to have me call and procede to give me a number to do so with. I prefer to get to know someone before meeting them at least a little about them. Oh and I am one that does ask questions about someone. How else are you to find out about them and thier likes and dislikes. Just because I ask about where you live does not mean I am going to go there. It is something that just hits my mind and I ask whats on my mind. I don't have a problem answering any question asked of me and as far as where I live well lets say dumb dumb is always at the house and he alone makes the world safe. LOL at least for him for some strange reason no one wants to come to my door because of the little guy. Have a good one people.

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 231 (view)

Single (never married at all) men over 45
Posted: 9/24/2007 6:51:16 AM
wow came back in and caught up on what I have been missing. Saw so many that have stated that a single and never married have a problem sharing, doesn't know responsibility. Thats just a couple of what I saw. I think it strange that someone would think that someone never married could be this way. First I think a person that is single after 40 is doing a couple of things.

1st they are not just jumping into something that would in today just wind up in divorce with added baggage to follow them around. Now before that is taken wrong I do not refer to kids as baggage in any form. they make this world turn.
2 nd They are searching if thats what they have been doing for the one to make a committment to and show not just to compromised with thier surrounding.

I am 56 as of last month and never been married. Haven't found the one I wanted to marry as of yet. been a lot I have dated and several I have wanted to date and get to know better. I also take into account that I have responsibilities I have to take care of. I spent the first part of my life making sure that three other siblings were taken care of when my father was not there to do so. schooling and a career play a lot into not marring as well. As far as sharing goes whats this. I am the older of seven and gave up so the younger ones were well done for. What is it that makes a single not sharing just because he has remained single. sorry but thats a crock. I am told by people that know me not to give my last cent to everyone around if they need it or the shirt off my back. Been told I am to generous and sharing. I have been told I am set in my ways and on somethings I am. However not so much that I would not step aside from what I like to do most and do something else. There are so many issues as to why a person would remain single. to those that are smart enough not to just jump into something that may end up in divorce and betrayal from another My hat is off to you. We all make mistakes and live to regret it to some extint. Mine was not returning to the one that I cared for the most but it is in the past and gone. Life goes on and we survive and make the best of what we have dealt or been dealt as we move on.

sorry for the ranting so to speak but it struck me wrong as to how someone could think just because someone was never married could be like an only child non sharing no responsibilities. Now I know thats thier opinion and I respect that and mean no ill intent against thier post. But each person is different and it is better to get to know them before judging them just on a paper saying that they are or have been married. where as responsibility of an older person that has been told they have cancer and it is spreading to take and make thier last days better is in my opinion a responsibility in itself. sorry people off my box now. now it may appear I am judging this post I have mentioned and I am not I am just making a point that not everyone that is single and never married is not the same by any means of the words.

People have a great day and enjoy hope you all have luck in your

Moundpuppy
 moundpuppy
Msg: 117 (view)

Do women like men with long or short hair?
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:09:59 PM
isn't it funny how people take offence to how someone states thier opinion on something as small as hair style or the lack of. Tho we all have our own preferences on how we wear our hair and what we consider somethning that draws our attention to the opposite gender. Why is it we take offence when someone does not feel the same. I have stated something in a thread that someone thought i was jumping all over thier comment before. I didn't realize I had done so until I posted in another thread. I went back and read what I had written and realized it could have been taken wrong. I appologized and meant it completely when doing so. Just for a slight info it was on this very subject. My point is that we are all only going to be drawn to the other gender (if thats the way you go) by the way we feel and what makes our hormones kit.

Like I had said before I am drawn to women by different things and different looks. Mostly no matter who the woman is it will always be the eyes that make my decision on the woman. her hair style and looks matter to me as well as her personality. I just prefer that the hair style fit her looks and compliment her. I am also not so close minded that I don't over look this. I have seen so much on these sites about dating and the way people shun someone for looks, size, height, physical attributes and the likes. the list goes on. we all have what pulls us to the other person whether we open our minds and think it out. all we can do is accept it when they have said what they like or don't like its thier choice.

well time to climb down and get off the step so enjoy people

mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 95 (view)

Posted: 9/11/2007 10:28:34 PM
please excuse the out of topic here for a moment but had to say this : MisKondukt I enjoyed your profile greatly.

now OT : will say when I gave up and started shaving my head my hair was still dark brown. I know now it has become salt and pepper but no matter. I will say I kept it trained and used the products on it I was advised to use buy a stylist. Man what a savings that was when i gave up all that mess and the time I save now. Heck it takes me less than ten minutes to shave both head and face. whoo what a difference from thirty minutes before with all I had to do. isn't it funny how time will cause a spot to start forming at the crown that looks like it is balding. (hehe) glad i started shaving mine before that time came.

have a good one people and no matter what the ladies like or don't like they will decide on thier own likes either way, all we can do is hope and enjoy the outcome.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 81 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2007 8:37:43 PM
turning it around I prefer a womans hair to fit her looks. If the hair cut fits her face and looks then it is by far going to give her more appeal. This has to also be the same for a man. Now at least this is what I have been told by five sisters. Believe me the range in which they like guys and thier hair varies from long to bald. But each one would tell you that it depends on the guy and how the cut fits. I have cared for ladies with hair hanging almost to the floor and then there was a lady that was bald that caught my attention faster than any other woman had ever done. But it was additude and presentation of herself not the hair or the lack of. only makes sense to me that it would be the same to a woman.

Mound
 moundpuppy
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 9/9/2007 8:03:30 AM
hey OP good decision on the style making to be. I have had long and all the cuts in between the one I carry now. I found that it didn't matter to most ladies as long as the guy had the confidence to carry what his choice was. I personally have choose to have the bald look and for one reason mainly it is cooler in the summer. especially when the temps hit 100 or better. good luck on the style you go for.

Moundpuppy

Show ALL Forums