Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Congressional Hearings on CEO compensation
 charliemcsd
Msg: 4 (view)

Congressional Hearings on CEO compensation
Posted: 3/12/2008 1:11:01 PM

Eliminate minimum wage, instead replace it with a maximum wage instead that is based on a fixed ratio above what the lowest paid employee makes. That makes it so if the boss/owner/CEO wants to get a raise he needs to give the rest of the employees a raise too.

How would you handle a commissioned salesman?

Your fixed wage scheme is simliar to what is attributed to heavily contributing to the equities market crash in 2000/2001. These sorts of ideas are easily circumvented.
 charliemcsd

Dating on top of the hill...or over it!
Posted: 12/19/2007 1:50:54 PM

I'm really looking for something that is an activity and not just walking,lookin, or sitting ... something that can be playful and romantic.

Have you thought of taking partner dancing lessons? Dont know what is available in your area, but I live in northern nj, am about the same age as you, and I dance West Coast Swing and Hustle on a regular basis. Many of the women are over 45, and can last all night on the dance floor.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 5 (view)

Girls first time....difficulty getting off?
Posted: 12/15/2007 3:07:17 PM
One of the biggest factors in a woman not reaching orgasm is lack of sufficient clitoral stimulation.

There are also many prescription medications(particularly depression meds) that also negatively affect the sexual experience.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 11 (view)

Do men like food gifts from women?
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:03:02 AM

I was just wondering - if men think it is special when a woman makes them something...some kind of food or baked good as a gift...do they think it is

Yes I like it. Usually, though, the gal is giving me something so I will cook it for dinner for her...LOL
 charliemcsd
Msg: 3 (view)

Anyone have a recipe for Bleu Cheese Dressing?
Posted: 12/5/2007 10:00:23 AM

Does anyone have a mellow bleu cheese dressing to share?

The basic recipe for the dressing is not the issue but rather the kind of bleu cheese you put in it. The strength of the sharpness of bleu cheese can vary greatly.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 15 (view)

Second date and he wants to pick me up but....
Posted: 12/2/2007 9:27:41 AM
I dont think it is a good idea to be picked up at your house on the 2nd date. You are not being paranoid in the least.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 31 (view)

Why do men contact you knowing they don't share same interest?
Posted: 11/30/2007 1:00:32 PM

I don't care if a girl is interested in different things. as long as we are interested in each other. then everything else will work out.

How does on expand their horizons, experience new things, develop new interests, if you only insist on meeting someone who is interested solely in what you are.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 30 (view)

Why do men contact you knowing they don't share same interest?
Posted: 11/30/2007 12:57:30 PM

In my profile I specify the type of man I prefer, having shared interest as me, and yet some contact me,and after I read their profile I can see I have nothing in common with them

A few years ago, I contacted a lady from a different web site. Her profile and mine where, practically carbon copies. I knew this because, in addition to looking at her photos, I read her entire profile.

She wrote back, that we had nothing in common.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 9 (view)

slow roasted garlic and lemon chicken
Posted: 11/29/2007 5:28:08 PM
You really think it is too long? 320F is not high at all for roasting. But the chicken is really braising in the wine.
Recipe sounds really good, though I would peel the garlic and add a sprig of rosemary.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 40 (view)

Does girls like slim guys?
Posted: 11/26/2007 10:07:14 AM

just that do you ladies like blokes who are huge and pumped up, more than us guys who are very slim

Women, in general have all sorts of preferences. Just like men do.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 2 (view)

Authentic Chinese Food
Posted: 11/26/2007 10:00:32 AM
What is interesting about real, authentic ethnic food from various cultures is that most of the general population(in the US) would not like it.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 28 (view)

Dinner Date - Who Pays?
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:58:24 AM

Sheesh, I hope none of my dates have ever been on a site asking for opinions on who picks up the tab on something they invited me to? I didn't realize men had such a hard time with this part of the equation. All the best to both of you.

If any gender has difficulty with this issue it is definitely women.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 26 (view)

Dinner Date - Who Pays?
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:56:19 AM

What do you folks think?

Dont go to an expensive place. It is far too early for spending lots of money.
 charliemcsd

Went on one date...had a great time...haven't heard from him
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:52:31 AM
Must be something in the water in south Jersey. Try contacting some guys in northern NJ...LOL
 charliemcsd

Why do men push and move so fast?
Posted: 11/8/2007 9:01:09 AM

I am so frustrated with men that don't read my profile to know that it is obvious that they are not my type

This may not be obvious by them reading your profile, or you reading theirs. Did it occur to you that written profiles are essentially a one dimensional view of someone, and that a few email exchanges and phone conversation would reveal that you may have a lot of chemistry with the other person? Even though the profiles had little in common?
 charliemcsd

Do men find house work and taking care of children difficult?
Posted: 10/29/2007 1:21:52 PM

Have you men ever taken over the home economic duties and took care of the children? Did you find it difficult? Did it take 8 hours/day (like a work day) to keep everything clean, take care of the children and do all the other home economics?

For six months starting in Dec 1984, I was a stay at home father to my three young children ranging in age from 1.5 to 5. I had just lost my job. So my ex went from almost full time to full time to support the household.

I had a great time with my kids and tending to the household chores. It was not difficult in the least.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 3 (view)

Bruschetta
Posted: 10/16/2007 9:44:34 AM
It is best to use plum tomatoes, not round/beef stake style ones.

On ocassion I've spread some goat cheese on the crostini before topping with the bruschetta.
 charliemcsd

Cooking for one
Posted: 9/12/2007 1:51:59 PM
I guess we can start by asking what types of food do you enjoy eating?
 charliemcsd

I need a recipe for Stuffing like my mom use to make.
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:58:40 PM
Probably has sauteed onions, celery, garlic carrots, green/red bell pepper, various herbs... of course eggs to bind it... maybe chicken broth...

You are really casting a wide net here... stuffing ingredients are just about endless. But I know where you are coming from.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 7 (view)

Helpful hints for the beginner cook
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:00:22 AM
Sheesh, beginners help? Sounds like something someone with cooking experience would need.

The beginner just needs a few essentials, what seasonings to have on had, how to make basic reduction sauces... etc.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 17 (view)

You were cuter on-line...
Posted: 8/31/2007 7:55:36 AM
I don't think looks are as much of an issue as personality but, lets be honest I have to be attracted to a guy to be more than friends.

You just contradicted yourself, in case you did not know it.
 charliemcsd

Why do most men think they can do what they like
Posted: 8/31/2007 7:53:52 AM
What is it you are asking?

If one of the two in a relationship needs some alone time, what is the problem. You cant have one or the other up your @$$ all the time. Laundry needs doing, bathrooms need cleaning, bills to be paid, paperwork, relaxing, etc...
 charliemcsd

Boredom in a relationship...
Posted: 8/30/2007 1:34:23 PM
Wild Child,
I agree with you. Though you are not spicing it up, but you are trying to maintain and nuture the relationship. Rather than putting it on the back burner using the kids as an excuse.

I say, good for you.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 53 (view)

Men...........women.........and sleep
Posted: 8/30/2007 1:28:43 PM

Any other ladies my ages feeling like this?????

Please? WTF?? I'm five years older than you, and I get by on 6-7 hours sleep tops. And I usually lay awake most nights.

I am up at 5:50am each morning and run anywhere from 4 to 6 miles. On the weekends I am out and on the road by 7am, usually doing 6-8 miles runs; and easily put in over 40 miles of running a week.

I was emailing with a gal here about four or five months ago, and she finally wrote and said she was not interested because I was so active. She was looking for a homebody and couch potato.

You are just meeting the wrong guys... sheesh...
 charliemcsd
Msg: 10 (view)

Breaking Up with The Kids
Posted: 8/30/2007 1:22:53 PM

I've found incredibly heartbreaking is leaving the children behind.

So have I in some instances. Even when it was the woman's neice/newphew.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 32 (view)

Men and their Age Issue?
Posted: 8/30/2007 1:20:18 PM

What is the deal with guys not being truthful about their age on their profile? Yes I know women have done it for years. But now I see a trend with guys not being honest about their current age. Makes me wonder....hmmmmmmmm, if they're not honest about their own age...what else are they not going to be honest about?

And what is the question? You say women do this all the time and condone it. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

Seriously, does the nonsense ever end?
 charliemcsd
Msg: 125 (view)

How focused on image and weight are most men?
Posted: 8/27/2007 9:13:49 AM

however I would need to lose 30 lbs before he would consider calling me his girlfriend

Gee, what a nice guy.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 6 (view)

Instead of saffron?
Posted: 8/27/2007 9:02:45 AM
Edit previous post...

I meant to type "cover with 1/2 cup or so of olive oil."

Sorry....
 charliemcsd

Instead of saffron?
Posted: 8/27/2007 9:01:38 AM
There is a great substitute for saffron and it is called Achiote seeds, or in Italian, Annato seeds. These are easily found in any grocery store in the spice ailse.

I was introduced to these by Daisy Martinez.

These seeds are used to make an infused oil that you use in rice or other dishes. It has a nutty scent and an nice flavor. I also provides a nice yellow/orange tint to dishes.

To use, take a small saucepan, turn flame on medium. Place a couple of table spoons of seeds in pan, cover with about 1/2 or so of olive oil.

When oil starts to shimmer and slightly bubble turn off heat and let steep for about ten minutes. Drain off the seeds and discard.

Use infused oil to start your rice or in other dishes instead of olive oil
 charliemcsd
Msg: 55 (view)

Why does not one get a responce when one ask a lady for her pic?
Posted: 8/24/2007 1:14:02 PM

So why don't people respond to sending their pics upon request?

Isnt that an interesting dichotomy? We view 100s, if not 1000s of women's profiles indicating they will not respond to any message from a guy, if his profile does not contain a photo... yet, when the woman is photo-less and you ask one, they get into an uproar.
 charliemcsd

Working with Fresh Bacon as an ingredient-question
Posted: 8/23/2007 3:06:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.
The bacon was not smoked, nor cured. Actually is was not too fatty either and not too much fat was rendered.

I trimmed the skin off after it was browned and cooled. I added some dried chorizo I also purchased at the same butcher.

The bacon was very tasty, and the dish came out pretty good.

Next time I'll get slab bacon...
 charliemcsd

Rude Initial Email
Posted: 8/22/2007 10:18:07 AM

Ahhh OP, just ignore it. Goodness, if I responded to every assinine email I receive, I'd need a designated typer to pick up the slack. Some people just have no manners.

Yes, good points that I agree with. I'd just reply back thanking them for their opinion, then politely indicate that you are doing fine without there commentary. LOL
 charliemcsd

Spreading it on pretty thick
Posted: 8/22/2007 10:11:27 AM

why do men do this? i have had this done to me & frankly i think men are just talking out their ass when they start with this crap.

Immature men do this. I suggest you source a better class of more mature men if this is all you are meeting.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 21 (view)

What's the attraction to 'older' women?
Posted: 8/22/2007 10:06:18 AM

have had many men in mid to late 20's contact me, and while I try and remain open minded, I just don't get why a 25 yr old would want to be with a single mom whose sneaking up on 40. Please, guys, of all ages, can you enlighten me?

It would be very easy to find the answer out yourself. Take one of these fellows up, and start exchanging emails. Then at some point, chat on the phone. If it sounds legit, meet the guy for coffee or a drink.

See, it is simple. It is a no risk effort.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 1 (view)

Working with Fresh Bacon as an ingredient-question
Posted: 8/22/2007 10:02:08 AM
Hi,
I am making pasta carbonara tonight and one of the ingredients is always some sort of pork/cured ham product like bacon, proscuitto, panchetta, etc.

I decided to try fresh bacon and bought some last night at the local butcher. He pulled out the huge slab and cut off a couple of nice pieces for me. I have never used fresh bacon though I have worked with slab bacon.

Do I need to remove the skin from the meat prior to cooking it? I seem to recall watching an America's Test Kitchen episode where they removed the skin.

Thanks!
 charliemcsd

Pics of guys with no shirts - UGH!
Posted: 8/21/2007 1:15:15 PM

Just wondering, really, why some guys feel the need to display pics of themselves with no shirts on.

I agree with you, though I dont enjoy looking at women's profile photos with "everything" hanging out either.
 charliemcsd

Chicken Carbonara
Posted: 8/21/2007 1:10:51 PM
Just so happens I plan to make this tomorrow for the GF, but not using chicken. Getting some fresh bacon at the butcher tonight and some portuguese chorizo... have not made this dish in quite a while though...
 charliemcsd

Ciabatta bread, what to do with it, how to cook it?
Posted: 8/21/2007 1:07:38 PM
Really, not much special about this type of bread, when compared to others. You can slice it thinly and use it for sandwiches, you can put grill marks on it and top with bruschetti...
 charliemcsd
Msg: 21 (view)

*Low Self-Control and Guys*
Posted: 8/20/2007 1:41:15 PM

Browsing through a lot of guy's profile on this site I noticed that the ones who did take the compatibility test all scored low in self-control.

I just checked my rating in this area. I was rated with low self control.
The great woman I met on this web site and am now happily dating for several months is very happy that I have "low self control"...hee-hee-hee...

charliemcsd
Msg: 87 (view)

Prejudice or Preference?
Posted: 8/20/2007 1:32:05 PM

So ... finally my question ..... Am I being prejudice?? Or is this simply preference??

And guys wonder why many women ignore their initial emails.

And for the rest of your reasons later in your message... I really dont blame you.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 22 (view)

The bored look at bars and clubs
Posted: 8/20/2007 8:57:41 AM

It's boredom. They are bored out of their minds.

Gotta agree with you here. They also are most likely so pathetically superficial and shallow, that they cannot carry on a simply, intelligent and stimulating conversation.
Same for the bored men.
 charliemcsd

Phew! I now know what I am looking for...
Posted: 8/20/2007 8:37:31 AM

Knowing what you want is half the battle, now you got to go out there and get it!!!!!!

Actually that is the paradox. Women most often do not know what they want or how to determine it.

There was a really good article on the web site www.msn.com a few weeks ago targeted to women and how they choose men, and why they keep meeting and dating men they dont want to date.

Here is the link:
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=6937&TrackingID=516165&BannerID=541888&menuid=6>1=10287
 charliemcsd
Msg: 6 (view)

A Recent Red Hat Society experience OR Mean Girls Grown Up
Posted: 8/17/2007 1:31:44 PM

SHOULDN'T MATURE WOMEN KNOW BETTER THAN TO PLAY JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL GAMES?

The scenario you describe, very sadly, is quite common. This petty, pre-adolescent behavior is more wide spread than one would think.

I offer you the four mid-aged women from New England, I think it was New Hampshire, who all worked for a municipality. They were all fired from their jobs for gossiping about the personal life of one of the male supervisors. It was in the news recently. One of their defenses was that it was "just girl talk"...
 charliemcsd

ask him or wait it out?
Posted: 8/17/2007 10:23:25 AM
Since you know ahead of time when you can arrange for sitters and the like, I say go for it.
When he did ask, but you could not due to the kids, did you tell him that this was the reason?
 charliemcsd
Msg: 28 (view)

Many women say: Can you keep up with me?
Posted: 8/16/2007 11:33:20 AM

I don't know if guys use the phrase or not.

I was exchanging some emails with a woman here about four or five months ago. She finally wrote to me late one evening in a reply to an earlier email where I told her about my running workout I did that evening. I ran some sprint/speedwork intervals on my street and had a good workout. I was preparing for a 5K run or something at the time.

She wrote saying I was too active for her, she was 55 and a couch potato and looking for the same. She indicated I'd run circles around her. I had other interests as well that also involved doing things that required one to leave the house... like go to the New Jersey shore, going to NYC...etc...

To answer your specific question, these women are more than likely making themselves so busy with so many activities that they cannot possibly make any time to spend to get to know a guy. I usually avoid those types and their profiles are very easy to spot.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 17 (view)

SLOW FOOD - sauces
Posted: 8/16/2007 11:24:38 AM
^^^^^--------------

Just a note. I adapted the recipe from a sauce Giada made many months ago with Port wine and figs. Same technique, though the port/fig sauce was run through a food processor to puree it. I did not puree this one though I could have.

Both, I thought were very good. I just love experimenting with things like this.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 16 (view)

SLOW FOOD - sauces
Posted: 8/16/2007 11:14:49 AM
Last weekend I made a cherry wine reduction sauce that was served with chicken and homemade noodles.

I had purchased some cherry wine at a wine tasting festival recently and tried this using a recipe I made several months ago with Port Wine, but used Cherry as a substitute.

1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 to 2 cups cherry wine
handful of dried cranberries
sprig of rosemary
sprigs of thyme
bay leave
few whole pepper corns
Cinamon stick if you have it.

Simmer and reduce by about 1/3 or so. When done, pick out all the herbs and pepper corns.

I browned some chicken thighs and legs then set aside.
Poured off most of the fat and grease in the pan.
Placed above reduced sauce in pan and deglazed the fond and let the sauce simmer a minute or two.
Put the chicken back in to finish cooking, then added a handful of toasted walnuts.
Turned down heat to a simmer and covered. Simmered for about 20 mintues.

Removed chicken, set aside and cover.
Took some softened butter with equal amount of flour and thickened the sauce.

Poured over the noodles.

It was much more sweet than the port/fig sauce I made a few months ago, but it was interesting. My GF liked it.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 37 (view)

Any 60 year-old wanna have a baby?
Posted: 8/16/2007 10:59:23 AM

How many men would want to father a child at sixty?

Are you out of your mind? Really. I pity this 50 somethings with greying hair with toddlers in tow... I mumble under my breath that I thank god that is not me...sheesh.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 16 (view)

I am Bored...Are You?
Posted: 8/16/2007 10:56:01 AM

I find myself concerned about the second half of my life. I don't seem to have anything to look forward to. Is this going on with anyone else? If so, how are you dealing with this second half of life issue?

I am the same age as you and will not be able to retire for at least 10 years, due to financial considerations.
I take it you are in a very good financial situation?

Have you thought about taking college classes in some esoterci area that may interest you?

How about dancing lessons? Take cooking classes at the local culinary arts school? The list is endless.

I envy you.
 charliemcsd

sandwich spread (high in good colesterol)
Posted: 8/8/2007 12:48:40 PM
When the mood strikes I make an avocado spread for sandwiches. I'll crush a clove of garlic, at a bit of coarse mustard, a dab of mayo, salt, pepper and mix it up.

I was at my parents last weekend and when we had lunch my mom had hummus out for crackers. Put some on my sandwich instead of mayo.

Show ALL Forums