Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Don't be to quick to toss 'em to the curb
 sparrowtw
Msg: 36 (view)

Don't be to quick to toss 'em to the curb
Posted: 6/24/2012 10:55:35 PM
This guy and I decided to be friends, but the problem is I don't hear from him to even get to know him better. I believe he is not telling me the truth. I'm thinking about something negative soon as friends don't do this.
 sparrowtw
Msg: 19 (view)

MANY women in my area are here STILL
Posted: 4/8/2012 5:25:10 PM
I'm an older lady and have listened to statistics on what women don't want and it is hair on his face. I also don't like tatoos either or someone who smokes. I simply don't like my face to break out from being scratched by a beard and moustache.

I don't have a picture up and have been bugged alot about that. I like meeting in person and do give my description to someone who is really interested. There are men on here though that act interested but really aren't as they say one thing and mean another, but that happens anywhere.
 sparrowtw
Msg: 21 (view)

Methods in healing a broken heart
Posted: 2/9/2012 10:20:18 PM
People change sometimes but it doesn't happen over night then suddenly you don't know this person you've been with for years. It is quite a shock when that happens. I've been there and don't want to around my ex unless absolutely necessary. They change themselves and grow away from the person they marry and I don't need someone like that.
 sparrowtw
Msg: 24 (view)

Another Guy Bites the Love Dust…
Posted: 2/9/2012 10:10:16 PM
I think people get on this site thinking that they are going to meet someone special as it is sometimes hard to meet members in a small rural town expecially when you aren't very young. When you date a few males on here only once and things don't seem to lead to a second date because the guy is either a player or has so much baggage it is hard to make rapport or for whatever reason that leads to higher expectations for the next date. Not saying you can't meet someone super on here but it does seem there are some on here for the wrong reason. Maybe it is for entertainment reasons or being extremely picky about dates. For whatever reason, it seems like the same older men are still on here and have been for a long time. That I can't understand as I must then question the seriousness of these men.
 sparrowtw
Msg: 21 (view)

What a bunch of BS!
Posted: 2/9/2012 9:32:40 PM
I can sympathize with you about this as feel like I'd like to meet someone myself, but on here I doubt it will happen because of the quality of older men who use this site and have their picture on here plus the profile. They are too picky and demanding and no woman wants that. I know not every date will be a guarantee, but we keep on wishing anyway that the chemistry will be there sometime.

Show ALL Forums