Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you date someone on antidepressants?
 lovinglife369
Msg: 238 (view)

Would you date someone on antidepressants?
Posted: 11/2/2008 8:44:25 PM
8ui think that folks that aren't in the medical field have no business dissing depression/anxiety meds......you never know....one day you may need them.....
my situation is my husband of 27 yrs became ill......long....dragging, multi conditional illness.....had episodes where he didn't know who/where he was, etc. many hospitalizations.....icu visits, etc. And then, had a major surgical operation and was in intensive care for 3 months straight.....let me give you a little "insight" into depression...../helplessness....etc. The point I am trying to make is you never know from person to person what one has been through.......try give others a break
 lovinglife369
Msg: 9 (view)

where DOES this place me?
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:45:20 PM
hamburger....30 is very young to be widowed.....most couples who don't divorce live to very ripe ages....i actually thought that age at 50 i was a "young" "widow"........

To lose someone in death is something i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (except for 1 sis-in-law)....it takes alot of time to get over it and get on with it....i wouldn't say a widow was idealizing and romanticizing the past or comparing....cuz ultimately, that person/relationship can never be replaced. I guess it just depends on the person and situation. I had a very special relationship with my past husband....was w/him since age 18.

Am in a relationship now (little over a year) with a man who is in alot of ways opposite but in other ways similar....just gotta go w/your gut and feelings....however, i would NEVER compare him to my late husband....that's just not right
 lovinglife369
Msg: 77 (view)

Anyone else think Dating someone with a previous Drug Addiction is a BAD idea?!
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:44:01 PM
Well, way back when.......the guy i married was addicted at one time to heroin.....it was the 70's/80's and everyone was getting high........

He went into rehab and i stuck w/him.....had a few relapses but once we got really serious, he gave it up....... i was with him for close to 30 years before he died after a liver transplant didn't take....

Long story short, had close to 30 yrs together and a daughter to be proud of
 lovinglife369
Msg: 78 (view)

Can women really go without sex????
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:18:37 PM
Yes, you can go w/o if you have to.......my husband of 27 yrs became ill and long story short, i went close to 4-1/2 year without actual sex! I did, however, once I got to the point of living again, engage with a vibrator, rabbit, etc......
 lovinglife369
Msg: 10 (view)

Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:49:36 PM
ersonally, i live in sc, very humid.....naked most of the time....as soon as i get home, the clothes come off! i live by myself, so nobody to worry about!
 lovinglife369
Msg: 68 (view)

Laughing together
Posted: 2/4/2008 7:47:35 PM
I think that laughing together is an absolute must! Laughter is the best medicine! For anything!
 lovinglife369
Msg: 72 (view)

If a woman drove a 'better' car than you....
Posted: 2/4/2008 7:44:45 PM
Well, I hope it doesn't say much.....i was married for 27 years and before he "passed" my hubby bought his "dream car" a bmw 300i.....paid off when he passed.....personally, if it gets me where i need to go, i don't care what it looks like!
 lovinglife369
Msg: 687 (view)

Can you cheat on a person you are truly in love with?
Posted: 11/10/2007 6:27:30 PM
NO, NO, NO! I am seeing someone, not sure that we qualify yet for "truly in love" (we are exclusive) but I have been asked out by several people and have said no. I think if you want a "real" relationship, you need to concentrate on that "one" person. I hope it works out, and if not.....I will move on. I am a widow but I would never have cheated on my husband....all I would have to think about is how hurt I would be if he did it to me.....if you aren't happy in a relationship....be a big person and move on!
 lovinglife369
Msg: 35 (view)

Does pof work?
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:17:17 PM
I haven't been here all that long.....but i have met some awesome people - and definitely a few w/potential. I have been a member of match and eharmony.....i don't think they are as good as pof and you have to pay! personally, i love pof, even if i don't meet my match, the forums are great! good luck!

lovinglife369
Msg: 28 (view)

Would you do you?
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:03:50 PM
christyluv2....don't feel guilty....nothing to feel guilty about! Yes, I would definitely do me!
 lovinglife369
Msg: 35 (view)

Who should make the first move?
Posted: 8/10/2007 7:02:33 PM
Wow, I really agree with this. On both counts....lol Usually, if I find someone I think I could really click with, I will send an email basically stating that I find him interesting and to look @ my profile. Furthermore, if he thinks we might click, email back, if not, no problem as we are all here looking and just because you find someone interesting, it doesn't mean they will find you interesting.....that's life....

Good luck phishing!

lovinglife369
Msg: 8 (view)

POF singles event in Columbia
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:47:32 PM
Count me in! Could bring a few pals......
 lovinglife369
Msg: 133 (view)

Weight and Sex
Posted: 8/9/2007 8:36:09 PM
I have read the posts and think everyone has a good point and yes, all of us women, whether we are 25 or 65 are self-concious about our bodies. But I do think that you have to be happy with who you are and what you look like. It has taken me a long time to get to this point (and I'm still not 100% happy w/myself) but the gals that said if a guy is with you and talking with you and sees you with clothes on must have an idea of what is underneath! And the gals that said most of the guys aren't "Matthew McConahay (sp)" are right! Most of the guys aren't perfect either! So, just enjoy!

Show ALL Forums