Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dating outside your comfort zone
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 116 (view)

Dating outside your comfort zone
Posted: 2/8/2015 11:01:14 AM
^^^I had no idea that not wanting to date a drug addict makes anyone a control freak. Getting involved in destructive behaviours LIMITS and doesn't expand them. I intend to be riding my bicycle on my 90th birthday...that's experiencing more than being dead in a coffin at 60.

I could care less about being in or out of some comfort zone. No idea what that means as I just find a woman attractive and interesting or I have no romantic interest towards her. I don't have to paint my house 200 different colours to know what colours I'd like to paint it. Being the other side of 50, not enough life left to spin wheels off on tangents. There are definitely types of women I do not want to get involved with so that's good for fellow males so who are less particular who they want to spend their renaming years with.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 56 (view)

Would you consider doing this?
Posted: 2/6/2015 2:16:32 PM
I have given my girlfriend my phone to use a few times to take with her when she has misplaced her own or her charger was not working. She knows my voicemail code, etc. in case I get an important call. We also use each other IPad when over at our respective houses.

I would not want to be in a relationship in which there wasn't this casual exchange. We trust each other...no need to snoop or hide anything.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 18 (view)

Funniest reason you ever had to cancel or postpone a date.
Posted: 2/4/2015 12:09:03 PM
^^^^. Inner Gorilla

That reminds me of a trip to Maui with a girlfriend eons ago. We were surfing much of the time and sand would get in our swim suits and private parts. Quite gritty when tossed about in the waves and then walking around later. We were then camping and hanging out at one of the nude beaches but didn't take the essentials off...not because of modesty but cause we were both red and swollen 'down there' from the sand. Needless to say, also celibate until things returned to normal.

Funniest reason...13 years old back in England. We had joint dances with the girls school. I asked Maggie if she would be my partner at the dance. My older sister spent most of that week teaching me how to dance. Riding my bike to the dance I swallowed a fly, it got caught in my throat and I barfed all down the front of my clean clothes. I cycled all the way home almost in tears. Mom cleaned me up. I started off again. I arrived late but nobody was there. The dance had been switched from the Youth Centre to the Abbey Hall. This was another 10 minute ride ...then my pant leg got caught in the chain. (Ok, I admit it was the last time I cried as a guy). I had to take off my pants and carry my bike. Eventually I got my pants out of the chain but I was full of grease. I think the dance ended at 9 pm. And I got there just about then. I don't remember talking to Maggie or not...
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 72 (view)

Dating outside your comfort zone
Posted: 2/2/2015 1:56:15 PM
I never really thought of it as a comfort zone but more about an honesty of whom I'm attracted to physically. I'm attracted to slender women who are feminine...period. No sense 'faking it' and pretending otherwise. Without a physical attraction, why would I want to be with a woman? Why would she want to be with a man who doesn't find her attractive? I already have other friends. Sure, physical attraction may not be as important to a woman, but I'm a guy. Women are many wonderful things but that doesn't diminish physical lust. I assume a woman wants a man who she can satisfy sexually.

After physical attraction then it gets murky. The women Ive been with are all unique and across the spectrum. My comfort zone has actually narrowed. I'm into non-drama, stable women. I no longer want to play the rescuer. She is financially and emotionally stable. At this stage in life things like children and career are less of an issue.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 55 (view)

How likely would you be to join a new dating website?
Posted: 2/1/2015 9:55:21 AM
Re proactive messages from women

I received some when on Match. I found women proactive but they are selectively pro active. I doubt if all women receive messages from all men so why would it be the reverse. It is up to the member to attract a person and receive a message.

If women are not attracted to your profile, then you will not receive a message. The same woman could be sending messages to selective males. Why do they receive messages and not you?

Also, women are proactive my putting a man on their favourites list, etc. I would expect a guy to pick up on the cue and message these women if he finds them attractive.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2015 9:47:21 AM
^^^

Tall IQ. This discussion site is exactly why these sites are dead. A few million subscribers and the participation in this form is a statistical blip..few new participants.

So yes, discussion boards are dead...especially as commercially viable entities. I doubt if POF invests any resources in this one...the plug will be pulled on it within a couple of years.

We have about 6 thousand members to one of the Meet Ups I attend. There were all of 9 posts to the discussion board last year...all comments are now direct on site or between members via text, etc.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 14 (view)

Why do some people raise our anxiety levels more than others?
Posted: 2/1/2015 9:27:11 AM
This is one of the threads in which I checked the aged of the poster...is she 18?

This has nothing to do with 'him'...you have issues being attracted to and staying involved with losers. The details of him not paying back money, being late, etc. are irrelevant other than to emphasize your lack of social skills in choosing a partner.

One would hope at 40 you would less irresponsible in your choices.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 87 (view)

Drug use & dating
Posted: 1/31/2015 10:54:00 AM
I'm not all that concerned what others do or who they date. I just don't want anything to do with those who smoke or do drugs. They are free to date each other and be happy together in these pursuits.

Perhaps I live an insulated life but I don't know who, where or how anyone gets drugs. It's just not part of my social circle and drugs just never comes up as a topic. I'm active and healthy so somehow manage to lead a fulfilling life without these substances. Never had any desire to experiment or put the tennis racket down to go smoke something in the alley.

Perhaps someday marijuana will be legal everywhere. Not for me anymore than cigarettes. Never tried either. Get my high playing soccer and playing my guitar.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 5 (view)

the female (celebrity) body/fantasies+slaves to our biology
Posted: 1/30/2015 11:53:45 AM
I must be the exception. I've never been attracted to celebrities.

In contrast I can go hiking with a dozen women and 2 or 3 of them give me a tingle. The same walking through a mall..a half dozen women much more attractive than any celebrity.

Yesterday even in Walmart there were two women in a skirt and heels, long hair....yummy!

However, when I was 8 or so I did want to run away with Hailey Mills, live on a tropical island, no school, have adventures. After that all my fantasies were with the cute girls in class I never had the courage to talk to. Today my gal is more than enough woman to fulfill my fantasies
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2015 11:32:46 AM
New dating sites are dead. Discussion boards are largely dead...a few crumbs here and there.

Meet Up, Twitter...new ideas outside of the box.

Anything successful to do with relationships needs to be a new concept and not a dead on arrival rehash.

Ease of use and simplicity is essential to any new idea...thus why sites now have option of joining with Facebook, Google, etc. today one needs to offer a 'click' to join... Make it any more complicated and it is 'next'. I no longer register for anything unless it's a 'click'...otherwise it's a pain in the butt.

Sites want the most hits...viral attention. You can't compete with these by having subscribers spending 10 minutes filling out boxes for 'the privilege' of participating.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 17 (view)

Valentine's Day
Posted: 1/28/2015 6:10:22 PM
Excellent...Valentines this year is on a Saturday. We'll go for a hike in the mountains, have a fire/picnic including a glass of wine and some fancy dessert for her (I don't like sweet things). Then go to one of the Meet Up dances that evening. Either rock or salsa. Yay! It's an easy one when it's Saturday.

I always make a Valentine's day card. More fun and intimate than a bought one. Then off to the dollar store for a few silly things for her. As for something nice. Shoes. She always wants shoes so we'll go together so she can pick out a pair. Last but not least, I always get her a candy necklace.
 sciencetreker
Msg: 36 (view)

smoker who lied on profile
Posted: 1/27/2015 4:20:06 PM
I get a chuckle out of those who mention 'trying to quit' or recently quit....unless they are 16 years old.

What part of their brain was missing at 18 when an adult and they Should have been making adult choices in life?

Duh..smoking is stupid...duh. I knew that at 6 years old.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 3 (view)

? Pollyanna ?
Posted: 1/27/2015 12:24:56 PM
Things were better when proper spelling was used on this form and not text speak.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 20 (view)

Drug use & dating
Posted: 1/26/2015 12:49:14 PM
I am attracted to healthy, responsible people.

Not interested in anyone who smokes or ever did any type of illegal drugs.

I find this even more important as I get older. I just fit in best with a woman who embraces a healthy lifestyle...she's active, fit. She gets her high from going for a hike in our mountains rather than putting something into her body. She wants to go play volleyball rather than to the taco stand.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 34 (view)

How do you know you won't hear from him/her again?
Posted: 1/24/2015 10:40:39 AM
I personally would always message a woman that same day with some type of thank you and a single sentence about some quirky little thing we had laughed about.

Before parting , however, I would look into her eyes and yell her that I really like (not liked) being with her. Almost always a woman would respond with some variation of similar present tense 'I like being with you too'. This isn't putting her in the awkward position of declining a future date but able to express interest or not in a more indirect yet intimate way.

I can't imagine not contacting a woman I was eager to to see again. However, it sure helps if she showed some enthusiasm at the end of the first meet. A gesture like holding on to a hug a little longer, or telling a guy it feels so comfortable with him, etc. A woman need not take the initiative in arranging to meet again but she sure can do many things to give a big clear green light.

'If' a guy hasn't contacted you within 2 days or so then...meh...we are usually Luke warm. Not sure. I'd climb a mountain and slay a dragon for my girlfriend after we had first met.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 32 (view)

A Great Reason To Go On A Date
Posted: 1/24/2015 7:04:52 AM
Definitely a mix of locally foraged huckleberries and gooseberries. I make it myself. The ideal pie would be my mom's flaky crust with our local berry filling.

I suppose a man should never say to his girlfriend 'this is good but not as good as my mother makes it'. But...the one exception is pie...even my girlfriend would say it. You can have your American pie...give me one from Cheshire.

Except mom is half way around the world and I'm on the far side of 'the colonies'.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 49 (view)

Rejected by 7 Different Technologies
Posted: 1/23/2015 9:09:44 PM
I use my GPS all the time. It allows us to go off trail with more confidence. The best part is back home I can then take the route and enter it into Google maps and plan further exploration in our wilds. It's great in our remote backcountry. I still carry a Silva compass...used it for decades...but a GPS much more than a compass. It's a diary of our outings.
 sciencetreker
Msg: 81 (view)

Men in this age group and money
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:44:51 PM
^^^
Hopefully you don't take advice from a guy in an old truck who is broke and can't find a partner despite all those dates.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2015 12:01:38 PM
I find kids today quite versatile and imaginative. They can be playing an on line game with some child across the world in London one moment...googling info on a science project the next...then, just looking at teen gossip.

What we used to call increased attention span was mind numbing attention to a couple adult created shows on TV or reading 'Pride and Prejudice' because that's what some old fogey read when he was a kid. ...or turning on the radio and listening to the same top 40 AM songs filtered through the music industry.

I shudder when I think how mush of my education and culture was universal blah pablum. Thank goodness the days of kids tied to their seats for 5 hours are a soon to be over.

Kids have an amazing attention span when they are actually given something to stimulate their fascination. My nephew when 12 years old was designing web based game software....hours on end.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 76 (view)

What vitamins do you take?
Posted: 1/23/2015 10:07:37 AM
WTF.
In my lifetime I haven't contracted Smallpox, Cholera. I didn't die from my bout with Scarlet Fever when I was 8. A couple times survived tooth abscesses because of antibiotics. I for one sure appreciate all that Big Pharma. True. Life expectancy is from birth...the reason it is longer because evil Big Pharma has helped keep us ticking as infants, toddlers, teens, adults., and much older. Unlike my uncle in WW2 I never got malaria when working in Africa...again, pills from evil Big Pharma.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2015 9:23:05 AM
I must be older. I find the new technology fantastic. Having gone off to university, worked in remote areas, resided in a half dozen countries. It used to be a couple phone calls a year with friends and family...if I could get a connection to call mom on her birthday, etc. Or, writing a few letters. Today I text my brother in Britain, sister in Australia...get all types of contact from assorted nieces and nephews around the world. In the past people often lost all contact with relatives, past mates. I know way more about high school school chums today than I did in the 1990's.

Just this week we have been exchanging family photos from ww2. My nephew in Australia has been searching Royal Navy archives and I know more about my father's military service than ever. Follow his ship's day to day exploits. Quite fascinating tidbits to get texts or emails about.

The pen and pencil , written language, were once new technologies. I can picture some peasant sitting in a hut refusing to learn to read and write. 'Why not just walk over and tell her how you feel. If you leave now, you should get there by Spring'.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 76 (view)

Weight difference in pics?
Posted: 1/22/2015 4:04:01 PM
^^^
Otherwise, exactly as I said...unstable and delusional
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2015 2:05:32 PM
I would not be interesting in dating a woman who was delusional about her body. Not exactly a sign of stability.

An adult should have the ethics and social skills to represent themselves realistically.

The few women I met, including my partner, looked like their photos and were not out of touch or trying to deceive. As others have mentioned, puzzling what the purpose of misrepresentation is if the goal is to eventually meet in person. It would be a recipe for anxiety and rejection.
 Sciencetreker

Men in this age group and money
Posted: 1/21/2015 11:29:48 PM
Makes no difference. I personally don't know any guys who avoid women out of choice. If we attracted to a woman then we tend to pursue her. Women are on most of our brains at 16 and probably when we reach 86. I'd guess it's the same for most women. I suppose not being financially secure would be a hindrance in achieving the goal but most would still try.

People in their 50s are probably not a lot different than they were in there 20's. Proactive, responsible, successful...or the reverse.

I doubt if a high percent of males in their 50's are paying child support. Less than in their 40's.

My personal observation is that women, in general, are just in better physical shape and are more social. A lot of men let themselves go in their 40's. This is doubly the case with many who are single. Beer, pizza and inactivity become self fulfilling. I don't believe that the pudgy financially secure male is attractive to many women...just as the woman who has let herself go is attractive to many men. Physical condition trumps everything else.

This is a plus for me personally. I've done well financially in life but, way more importantly, have always been fastidious about a healthy lifestyle. Active at 16 and just as active today. I was always just average in looks but since turning 50 or so, being physically fit puts me far up the ladder. This is the same for many women I meet. The woman who has kept herself toned is more popular as she ages...less competition. Again, an attractive woman trumps one with a mortgage free house.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 13 (view)

Online Dating Websites Out There
Posted: 1/21/2015 1:08:18 PM
I found Match excellent. Met my partner within a couple of weeks.

No, it is not all the same individuals. Perhaps 25% overlap. That was about 700 more woman in my area that met my basic search requirements.

I had no experience with EHarmony but a friend advised the numbers of local subscribers was much lower than Match. Ok Cupid is a non player here...seems to thrive is some regions.

I'd guess that Meet Ups are now the principal source of new relationships in my city. Not the dating or single groups...they fizzle. Rather ones that focus on some activity like hiking, dances, coed sports and doing 'stuff'.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 73 (view)

Dating and Medical Issues
Posted: 1/20/2015 9:35:08 PM
^^^
Nioe if you are fit and a healthy weight. I've hiked in our mountains for decades. Zero issues with knees, hips or other joints.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 69 (view)

Dating and Medical Issues
Posted: 1/20/2015 11:20:48 AM
Each to their own. A healthy lifestyle is the most important variable for me in a woman...after initial physical attraction. As we age, they often go together.

My partner and I are playing indoor tennis this evening and leading a Meet Up hike on Thursday. Physical fitness is just an intricate part of our lives.

As per some previous comment about everyone over 50 having some health issue. No, not true. I'm on no meds, no issues. The same with my partner. This mentality of being on the down slide in middle age goes along with other excuses for letting oneself go such as gaining a few pounds or not dressing well. I'm in my 50s and not in my 90s. People with all those chronic conditions should be even MORE cognizant of leading a healthy lifestyle.

I want a physically and mentally fit partner. Nothing close minded about this. What is unrealistic is expecting to be happy with a partner who does not reflect my lifestyle. I just couldn't date a smoker or a woman who is overweight. She wouldn't be happy and nor would I. I want someone who is digging through the closet to find the Frisbee so we can go toss it about and still likes to hang upside down on the monkey bars.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 31 (view)

Men Who Never Learned to Cook
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:10:22 PM
A fantastic first date. Chemistry...electric in the air. Staring into each other's eyes with intensity.

The fellow tells the woman he would like to see see her again.

She answers 'It depends. Can you cook?'

He answers 'Yes'. She sighs with exhilaration

Then he adds 'Can you change the oil and filter on a Ford Pick Up?

She answers 'No'....the spell is broken

Alas, it was never meant to be.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2015 7:22:00 PM
I like slender women. In general I looked at her profile description. A healthy active lifestyle increased the chances she was my type.
At the end of the day, just go for it and meet. This might be your future partner so best to just embrace the situation and go into it optimistic and smiling. If she turns out to not be try our type then be respectful and move on.
Personally I would not ask a woman any questions about her physical description. I'd rather meet with a few women not my personal taste than to scare one off that might have been perfect for me.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 121 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:12:04 PM
I never really think about it. I always pay when out on a date. I don't analyze it or lose sleep over it. Women have often offered to contribute but I politely decline.

Women tend to be thoughtful in other ways. They do little things that more than compensate for a few dollars on a date here and there. Usually they arrange social get togethers, parties, etc. Christmas season just passed and my partner does a dozen things I never have in my 'to do' thought process. She got a nice bouquet for my mother...made the cranberry sauce.

Also, we appreciate being with an attractive woman. I'd guess my partner often spends more on make up, her clothes, hair and such things than I do on the date itself. She tries to look gorgeous for me and I appreciate it.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 19 (view)

Rejection Therapy
Posted: 1/16/2015 1:24:34 PM
I prefer to aim for success rather than rejection. I would think most women would prefer being approached by a male with confidence than one who has an aura of self fulfilling rejection.
 sciencetreker
Msg: 578 (view)

The infamous NICE GUY rant
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:31:41 AM
There is a wide range between annoying and timid...be confident and respectful.
 Sciencetreker

Do guys like shy girls?
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:12:56 PM
^^^Maverick
Humans are social beings and we deal with fellow humans everyday. I don't need to deal with spiders everyday.

As you are saying, shyness can be deeper than just a surface discomfort. As mature adults we need to function in the real world of real people...meeting strangers, making phone calls, interacting with fellow workers, relations, neighbours, etc.

So...do guys like shy girls? Yes, initially we tend to. As we gain more experience in life, probably less so. I would think it the same with women. The desire to save the puppy, etc. gets a bit old after a couple of one sided relationships. I personally like an enthusiastic, active partner. One I can depend on to take care of arrangements, take the initiative in a situation, present herself well in a social setting.
 Sciencetreker

Do guys like shy girls?
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:31:44 PM
My experience is that most shy women are not like in the movies. Usually they are not butterflies waiting to fly but rather a bit shallow and socially regressed. They can be both tedious and frustrating. Not my permanent task to be her entertainment director and to be the one encouraging some 'zip'. Most of us don't want a pet to care for but rather a partner.

Certainly there are exceptions. However, shyness as an adult goes with other variables...self obsession, insecurity, poor coping skills.

This isn't the same as being an introvert. An introvert can usually function quite fine. They socialize, are active, have fun, are giving, etc. an introvert just enjoys 'down time' and is content to be alone by choice. A shy person is more alone because of social anxiety.

We've all seen the movies. We want to rescue the shy girl. Have her transform...triumph over the bubbly cheerleader. However, not the way the real world works. The bubbly cheerleader is usually more caring, empathetic, active in helping others. She has a healthy sense of self esteem.

We've all been shy at some point but 10 year olds are rarely shy 25 year olds...they mature into adulthood.

The guys attracted to shy women remind me of that movie ('Lars and...?') where a guy sent away for a lifelike doll and proceeded to treat it like his girlfriend. I wonder if they have some need to be the rescuer and feel more comfortable in a one sided relationship.

Sciencetreker
Msg: 38 (view)

Buying a used car and how to determine value
Posted: 1/13/2015 9:05:34 AM
^^^
True. The only used vehicle I would buy from a dealer would be a Toyota, Honda.,Nissan that's less than 5 years old. Their own brand with something like a 90 day warranty. Not a bad idea for someone unfamiliar with cars looking for a car that's going to last another decade.

Otherwise...private. Basic model. Figure in 'worse scenario' like the transmission needs replacing and add that to the cost in your head. Good to talk to someone who works on the model to give you a gut feeling on potential issues.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 59 (view)

What self-improvement steps can you begin NOW, or stay just the same for all of 2015?
Posted: 1/12/2015 12:57:05 PM
I found that after hitting 50 that my goal the last few years is to maintain my fitness regimen. Run most days, push-ups, etc. Easy to be motivated as the older I get, the more apparent the rewards compared to my age group.

No issues with weight and no vices...never smoked or tried drugs

Never been a victim of other people's behaviour. Also not attracted to 'victims'...shudder.

So, most of my goals are positive endeavours...after playing guitar for years, I'm taking beginner Piano lessons starting tomorrow. I'd like to be able to play (even if poorly) a few standards by this time next year. I also just joined Elder Hostel and will do a couple extra trips through them this year...looking into a 2 week cooking class in Chile.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 63 (view)

What vitamins do you take?
Posted: 1/12/2015 11:52:23 AM
I have no health issues. No meds.

Good diet, exercise. Zero vitamins or other supplements. Play soccer twice a week, hockey, run every second day.

No need for peeing enriched urine that adds zip or next to zip to ones health.

Sciencetreker

Men & Commitment
Posted: 1/11/2015 12:50:22 PM
This is all Cosmo mag pop psychology. Value....amusement.

Perhaps, maybe...

Pick a number 1 to 10. Maybe 7, but perhaps 5...is it Tuesday?, then 3...unless it's Christmas then 6....etc.

Hint. Relationship gurus have no special insights, no special answers.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 42 (view)

The Difficulty of Getting Older
Posted: 1/11/2015 8:23:49 AM
I can't stand the whining about aches and pains and the wallowing in who died lately. Worse when someone in their 50's gets on this track.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 33 (view)

I cannot imagine what a man/woman must feel like if...
Posted: 1/10/2015 2:34:54 PM
There is a lot of irony in this thread.

'Accusations' of how some past partner was vindictive, delusional, mean spirited, etc.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 174 (view)

Atheism, dating and relationships
Posted: 1/9/2015 10:18:13 AM
^^^pureandsimple

Catholic Church embraces science? You got to be kidding

- Adam and Eve original sin (the whole purpose of Christ)
- Immaculate Conception (really? Yikes)
- zombie Jesus rising from the dead

These are the very essence of Catholicism.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2015 9:32:12 AM
^^^ drink

Ya, so true. Christian perversion of rational thought is like a disease in much of American society. It's not a matter of changing the channel. Its control of the whole media. There is no law against being a non believer but before the next election H Clinton and J Bush (probably both atheists) will be going to church every Sunday (sometimes twice). Need to pander to the religious whackos. Phony speeches made about how they pray in their own way to some higher being.

Fortunately this is less of an issue in other western nations where the Jesus nonsense is less accepted.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 363 (view)

Does it matter if he lies about his age
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:45:55 AM
It wouldn't bother me If a woman shaved one year off of her profile age to keep within a search range (say 49 instead of 50).

I don't recall any guy I know caring all that much about a woman's age if he's attracted to her. If a woman confessed a years difference, I'd probably find it funny. So, yes it is a lie and therefore I must have have no ethics because I don't really care. 'Start the relationship with a lie'...Whoopeedoo...how earth shattering. Oh, the outrage! Meh...in the scheme of bad stuff it is way down on the list along with calling eating a grape in the supermarket 'stealing'. I eat a grape now and then so don't date me...I'm a thief.

Women are often obsessed with age. Can't say I care that much if she fudges a bit.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 18 (view)

How is ADHD viewed online?
Posted: 1/8/2015 12:15:23 AM
This is a tough one. I personally would want to know if a woman was on medication for psychological issues. I prefer stable people and would know not to pursue a relationship with her. Mentioning it in your profile or message would be honest and avoid spinning your wheels and wondering when to bring up the subject. There are many people who would not want to meet and, at the same time, many who would. Seems you would be doing yourself and them a favour by being up front about it.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 31 (view)

Buying a used car and how to determine value
Posted: 1/7/2015 2:28:25 PM
Any year used Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic are good value for the dollar . They are no frills and dependable. Also, if per chance you don't like the vehicle, you can sell them in 6 months or a year for about what you purchase them for. I do a lot of driving on remotes roads here in western Canada and I have a Toyota because
I'm confident it won't let me down.

As for trucks or SUV's ...buy a high mileage older pre computer vehicle for around $1500 and drive it into the ground.

Warning...less bells and whistles the better such as a remote starter, doors, power seats, power windows, etc. These become money sinks after a half dozen years. They themselves can go kaput and cause other things to act up.

I used to do most of my own maintenance...just me the manual, toolbox and a bit of cursing. Since about 1995...I put in windshield washer fluid and that's about it. In November was going to help a friend change the oil on a Jeep but it needed a special filter wrench, etc.

I disagree that all new vehicles are not reliable today. But...you need to buy an established model with a long track record...again, Toyotas, Hondas, etc. I'm not familiar with new Ford, GM so no comment on them
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 27 (view)

Handling a person who messages you multiple times
Posted: 1/7/2015 10:06:48 AM
The OP revels in the attention or...tad da...so easy to block.

Then seeks more attention here.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 112 (view)

Atheism, dating and relationshipsuite
Posted: 1/6/2015 3:23:02 PM
Makes sense to hear Jesus and Hitler in the same sentence. Gold and silver medals in the megalomania Olympics.

Murder total

Jesus and his alter egos.....28 million ...source Bible..excludes the Flood.
Hitler.......20 million (depending on definition)
Ted Bundy....16

In contrast Satan.....2 (yes only 2)...source the Bible
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 110 (view)

Atheism, dating and relationshipsuite
Posted: 1/6/2015 2:42:45 PM
^^
True. It is weird that in 2014 some still accept fairy tales that are more bizarre than Loony Tunes cartoons.

Fortunately many see Santa Claus and his elves as better role models for their children than God and his alter egos...Jesus and the Holy Ghost. Piss off Santa and no toys but piss off Jesus and he's sending a text to Satan.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2015 2:10:08 PM
I just don't have friends or colleagues who give two hoots about religion...it's like this in most of the western world outside of the USA.

Respectful? No best just to not express an opinion when in the USA. I'm not respectful of a religion that worships a dead guy on a stick and preaches that those who don't are going to be BBQ'd over hot coals on Satan's pitchfork for eternity...they even teach that perversion to children.

The Christian god is one sick narcissistic psychopath and doesn't get my respect.

24 hours a day broadcasting this crap on American radio stations & TV...and. Christians complain about atheists pushing their views? Too funny.

Fortunately most rational people who call themselves 'Christian' today do it by default to fill in a blank. It's more 'meh', whatever. Very apparent at Christmas...no more acceptance of a god raping a virgin or immaculate conception birth...or then of Zombie Jesus rising from the dead at Easter. Sad some still teach these perversions to children.

Bottom line is that here in the Vancouver area...few really think about it. Atheist, Christian, agnostic...just doesn't come up when some guy or gal are attracted to each other. Less of a conflict than Rock or Country music.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 4 (view)

Sticking out tongues...Why?
Posted: 1/2/2015 5:45:07 PM
People have been sticking out their tongues in photos before Miley Cyrus was born...decades before.

They are having fun. Playful. No need to read anymore into it. Lots of people have unconventional photos from weird angles. Photos of cats, kids, hedgehogs, grandma, trucks, fish. Guess they are just 'real' people.

Show ALL Forums