Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: A study of the Mind
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 10 (view)

A study of the Mind
Posted: 12/29/2007 3:55:38 AM

My IQ is 135, the average IQ of a person is 100 (or around). I have yet to meet a person with a lower IQ score then me

Hi, I'm 132, nice to meet you.
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 6 (view)

Do you forewarn the next Victim ?
Posted: 12/29/2007 2:39:54 AM
Since there are two of you who have similar experiences and would be "vouching" for each other, I would lean toward letting her know, although it is certainly a sticky situation. One concern I would have though is whether he is the type of guy that would retaliate in some way. That would be something to consider.

I was in a similar situation many years ago and I passed my information on through a mutual friend. That would need to be done carefully, so as not to humiliate the woman, but could be a way of handling it, if you know any of her confidants.

If I were to "tell" I would be careful to not make accusations about the current relationship, but rather just share what the past experiences had been. I would also let her know how uncomfortable and hesitant I was to say anything, but that I felt obligated.

I am not generally one that feels the need to "tattle" or share everything that I know about a situation, but the fact that there is a pattern and more than one person's perception of the situation, would make me more likely to let her in on what has gone on in the past. She very well might not believe you, but forewarned is forearmed and she will likely at least be more cautious about any red flags that she sees.
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 57 (view)

What a Kiss can tell you.
Posted: 11/13/2007 12:08:07 AM
Wet sloppy kisses; gentle light, barely graze my lips kisses; deep passionate, buckle my knees and make me weak kisses... they're all good. While I have had some amazing kisses in my day and some that were less than, I don't recall any truly bad kisses. They are after all, still kisses and that's all good.
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 121 (view)

Signs of middle Age
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:04:06 PM
When a friend told told me a few days ago that she didn't think she was going to date a certain guy again because he had told her that he spent Saturday shopping for "sensible" shoes... and I responded with, "Oooo, give him my number!"
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 95 (view)

can you be friends with a ex
Posted: 11/12/2007 10:39:34 PM
I'm still close friends with an ex-boyfriend. We still talk several times a week, but we have both moved on the date other people.
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 94 (view)

Strap-on
Posted: 11/12/2007 2:14:44 PM
Hmmm... if I WERE to do this, he'd be calling me MISTRESS, not Daddy.
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 107 (view)

Can you be fall in love with a man you're not physically attracted to
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:54:24 AM
When I met my late husband I was not particularly attracted to him. Nor was I "looking" for anyone. He was smitten though and started wooing me and after a while I came around, lol. The more I got to know him and like him, the more attractive he became. By the time I fell in love with him he was the hottest thing I had ever seen.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 3 (view)

Seeking male wisdom
Posted: 8/7/2007 11:25:11 AM
Thanks for the imput, I will do a bit of rewording.

As to the impatient second post... Okay, I confess, my goal was to move it back to the top because it was disappearing onto the second page... Not so much impatience as strategy...
 kayceeintx
Msg: 30 (view)

Would You tell your family you met online?
Posted: 8/7/2007 10:05:41 AM
My family knows that I am dating online. They have met people that I dated for an extended length of time and know where we met.

My mom still suspects that everyone online is an axe murderer though. I guess she thinks my brother's wife, whom he met online and my sister's partner,whom she met online, are just exceptions to the rule, lol.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 1450 (view)

Has anyone been brave enough to meet someone with no pic at all?
Posted: 8/7/2007 9:40:23 AM
I've met at least one or two people without pics. No problem.
 kayceeintx

Returning To School At Age 60! Did You Go Back Later in Life?
Posted: 8/7/2007 9:25:58 AM
I went back at 41. I considered it a means to an end, but dreaded the whole process. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I have enjoyed it and have done really well. I am starting my senior year this month. Only 27 hours to go!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 2 (view)

Seeking male wisdom
Posted: 8/7/2007 9:19:20 AM
Okay, lots of looksy, no answers...

So, forget expert opinions, does ANYONE have any suggestions? Should I scrap the whole thing and start over, just modify something, or leave it as it is?
 kayceeintx
Msg: 107 (view)

Weight and Sex
Posted: 8/7/2007 4:22:17 AM

Floppy bellies are a turn off.

I assure you, some people are VERY into bellies, floppy and otherwise. God bless 'em.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 13 (view)

steve is dead. this ones refreshing
Posted: 8/7/2007 2:50:15 AM
As a woman, I like it. (Albeit, a much older woman.) I thought it was witty and charming and if you fit my demographics, I'd respond. There are a few little typos though. Clean those up and it is just about perfect. Good luck.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 1 (view)

Seeking male wisdom
Posted: 8/7/2007 2:35:53 AM
This question is really for middle-aged men, otherwise known as my target audience. Particularly those of you that are looking for a serious relationship. How does this profile come across? Too strong? Positive? Negative? Whiney? Too picky?

I tried to be as upfront as possible about what I want and do it in a light, slightly whimsical way. I wanted to convey some humor, but also get across where I am right now. I have showed it to some males friends and they liked it, but they are not my "prospects."

My responses have dropped considerably since I changed to this profile. I want to know if it is just because I am weeding out the "casual daters" or if the ad is offputting. Just having a lot of responses is not helpful if we are not looking for the same thing that I am. On the other hand, I am certainly not looking to chase people away!

So what do you think fellas? I need your sage advice.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 33 (view)

Just had my tonsils taken out....
Posted: 7/30/2007 8:28:06 PM
:) What's buzzing? Is that microwaving?

Buzzing is blending it up it the blender. Nuking is microwaving. :)

Hope you feel better soon.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 67 (view)

Strange combinations
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:40:05 PM
Apples and peanut butter.

And my childhood favorite - toast and catsup!
An interesting note on this, I ate this almost every morning for breakfast as a kid. When my cousin came to visit I taught him about it. He grew up and became a missionary to China. He taught his kids about it... and now people in China eat toast and catsup...
 kayceeintx
Msg: 35 (view)

BBQ sauce suggestions.(homemade)
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:09:51 PM

1 cup of ketchup with 1 cup of coke over chicken is amazing!

My mom does this using diet coke and uses it with various kinds or meat. Amazingly good.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 29 (view)

Just had my tonsils taken out....
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:02:31 PM
When in a similar situation I took mashed potatoes and melted a little cheese in them to add a bit more substance to them. You could also buzz some canned chicken up with them too. Buzzing up some soup or stew can also be good if it is too lumpy.
 kayceeintx

Spicy Meatloaf (with cheese)
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:52:20 PM
Sounds great. I have also made really good meatloaf using spaghetti sauce instead of catsup, BBQ or tomato sauce, etc.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 31 (view)

love at first sight
Posted: 7/29/2007 1:41:21 AM
Personally I don't believe love at first sight exists. Lust? Yes. Infatuation? Yes. Love? No. I don't believe that you can love someone you don't know, after all, what do you love ABOUT them?

Now, having said that, my late husband swore that he fell in love with me at first sight. We were married twenty years when he died and through it all he said that it happened instantly for him. It took him a few months of wooing me to get me to catch up though, lol.

My theory is that infatuation can grow into real love at times, so I proceed carefully but give them the benefit of the doubt if I like them.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 20 (view)

alcohol
Posted: 7/28/2007 11:22:03 PM
I don't drink at all myself and I prefer a guy that doesn't either. I don't mind someone who has an occasional drink, but it just isn't a part of my life.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 11 (view)

Ginger Pubes
Posted: 7/28/2007 11:17:45 PM
My late husband had red hair - top to bottom. I loved it and love that he gave me two red headed kiddos.
 kayceeintx

Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 7:58:33 PM
My favorite way to make sloppy joe's is to just brown the hamburger meat, maybe with some onion, bellpepper, etc. if I want to fool with it, then add some canned tomatoes and BBQ sauce, simmer a while and eat. Yum. It's quick and easy and managed to slip a few veggies in when the kids were little and veggiephobic.

On a similar note, we also made what my MIL called soupburgers. Brown hamburger meat, add canned vegetable soup, some mustard and catsup, simmer and eat. It was a yummy twist on the standard sloppy joe.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 31 (view)

Widow/Widower-Wearing the wedding ring?
Posted: 7/28/2007 7:42:34 PM
I wore my rings for five years, until I was ready to start dating again. At that point I put them away to hand down to my daughter some day. I put his away after the funeral to hand down to my son.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 19 (view)

Lots of info or a little mystery?
Posted: 7/28/2007 6:39:37 PM
Personally I like to see some real info. It seems like guys are much more likely to go with too little than too much. Come on fellas, tell us somethin'!
 kayceeintx

Eggplant casserole?
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:17:53 AM
Thanks folks, these sound great!
 kayceeintx

Eggplant casserole?
Posted: 7/22/2007 5:20:04 AM
All this talk about eggplant is making me eggplant hungry ... Does anyone have any good eggplant casserole recipes? I have never had one that I just loved. I am crazy about the one they used to serve at Luby's but I never have really been able to recreate it. Any suggestions? Please share.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 13 (view)

Eggplant Mush
Posted: 7/22/2007 4:27:05 AM
If you chop it up and add it to spaghetti sauce and let it cook long enough you dont even know it's in there, but it adds a lot of flavor.

I used to buzz zuchini and tomatoes up and add to spaghetti sauce or just use in a casserole or something when my kids were little. The flavor was great and they loved it as long as they didn't run into any chunks of zuchini to give away what was in there.
 kayceeintx

Eggplant Mush
Posted: 7/21/2007 10:31:54 PM
Mmmmm, after writing that last post the leftover eggplant was sounding more and more inviting. So...

Spoon leftover mushy eggplant into bowl. Microwave two minutes. Sprinkle with a little parmesean cheese. Enjoy!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 10 (view)

Eggplant Mush
Posted: 7/21/2007 9:30:33 PM

A more cynical view would have it that eating improperly cooked eggplant makes you snappish and grouchy.

LOLOL . We do actually like our veggies cooked mushy. If you like them less so, I'm sure you could do it in less time. This is a dish my daughter makes. She calls it BBQ style, low and slow. She made it the other day and I was eating some as I posted, soooooo yummy. As to the texture, it is eat with a spoon good. (And I have wondered about cooking it in the crockpot, that might come in really handy when school start back up.)

I love eggplant parmesean, fried eggplant, eggplant cassarole, just about any kind of eggplant. One of the great things about this though is that, if you use an all veggie spaghetti sauce, it is all veggie and very low calorie. Also, although this does take a good while to cook, it is quick to prep and is more or less a set it and forget it meal. My favorite was when she made the squash, zuchinni and eggplant together, but she prefers the eggplant plain. (Throw a little onion in next time sweetie, Momma likes onion.)

My personal motto when it comes to cooking is that if we are what we eat, then I must be cheap fast and easy - but the absolutely easiest thing that I have found is to let HER do the cooking! Um, and it's good experience for her. Yeah, yeah, that's it, good experience...
 kayceeintx

Easy yummy eggplant
Posted: 7/20/2007 3:46:54 PM

Holy crap....4 hours?

Yep, that's four hours at 300 degrees. It's not a quick meal, but very easy though. Just slice up the eggplant (& maybe other veggies) dump the sauce on and let it cook. It comes out falling apart good.
 kayceeintx

Easy yummy eggplant
Posted: 7/20/2007 2:53:44 PM
Slice and eggplant up and put in a backing dish. Cover with your favorite spaghetti sauce. Bake for 4 hours on 300 degrees. YUM

Great when topped with mozzerella or parmesean too.

We have also added other veggies if we have them around, squash, zuchini, etc. That's great too.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 43 (view)

Reports of unethical or fraudulent experiences w/ True.com?
Posted: 7/20/2007 2:18:58 PM
I have used True also. They do send winks out for you, but there is a way to turn that feature off. It's hard to find, but I have done it. I hate that the automated winks are set up to look like you actually sent them. I have only met one person from there, but I do have to say that I dated him for almost a year and he is still a close friend. Other than that I have never had any luck with them. They can be a pain to deal with and they are expensive, although I have never paid them. They do give out liberal free time though so that is a plus.

I have had a lot of luck with Yahoo and also with Singlesnet. Never had any problems with either, although they both have their various annoyances and, of course, cost money. I like POF and enjoy the Forums, although I have only actually met one guy from here in person. He was a great guy though and we did date several months.
 kayceeintx

Surprising Expiration Dates
Posted: 7/20/2007 8:02:22 AM
Diet soda doesn't like the heat either. Don't forget that 12 pack in the hot car or you can kill the sweetness and leave it bitter.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 5 (view)

salty ice cream??????????
Posted: 7/20/2007 7:50:58 AM

When you go to the movies, try eating a pice if chocolate (reese balls are good) and a handful of popcorn together. Saw it on the King of Queens, thought it was gross....but tastes reaaaally good lol.

I love to do that. When I was a kid I used to dump my Milk Duds in my popcorn at the movies. Tried it a few years ago as an adult. Pulled the crown right off my tooth...

Ever tried a Three Musketeers with Doritos? Love that sweet and salty combo!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 6 (view)

mama's never heard of cheeseburger pie
Posted: 7/20/2007 7:36:18 AM
Our version of Tater Tot Casserole

hamburger meat
chopped onion (optional)
cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (or both if making it large enough)
mixed vegetables (drained if canned)
tater tots

Brown the meat and the onion, drain. Add the soup and the vegetables. (Maybe throw in a couple of handfuls of the tater tots too.) Mix together and put in a casserole dish. Top with tater tots and bake (at whatever temperature the tater tot bag suggests) until tator tots are nice and brown. Let sit a few minutes before serving.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 54 (view)

What do you put in your Cold Potato Salad?
Posted: 7/20/2007 7:11:28 AM

boiled potatoes, mayonnaise, diced carrots and bell peppers, corn kernels, finely chopped, basil and celery leaves, little sugar and mustard....mix it all into one bowl and refrigerate.

Are the diced carrots raw or cooked?

These recipes all sound sooooo good. You folks are making me hungry!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 21 (view)

Separated, But Dating... Good or Bad?
Posted: 7/20/2007 1:38:10 AM
I think that when someone is moving on through the divorce process that waiting until after it is final can be a good thing because they are likely going through many emotions during the transitional time and it may be best to not have extra emotional entanglements. I do understand though, that it can be difficult and may be a different situation when a separation turns into a several year long process for whatever reason.

As to whether a separation is always permanent. In my own case, my late husband and I were married for twenty years. We had some problems though around the ten year mark and were separated for six months. He considered it permanent and even lived with another woman during that time, although I wanted to reconcile. In the end we did work it out and had many happy years together before he died. You really never know how things might turn out.

My personal policy is not to date anyone that is still legally married.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 5 (view)

Help! 911 profile review.
Posted: 7/20/2007 1:06:47 AM
I would suggest double checking your spelling and punctuation too. Not to sing the same old song, but you do have some typos and it really does make a difference to the overall look of a profile. You might try cutting and pasting into Word and running a spelling and grammer check there. Good luck!
 kayceeintx

Could I have a review please?
Posted: 7/19/2007 9:38:50 PM
I'm on several Christian dating sites too, along with various others. I have only met a couple of guys off POF, but I have dated guys off numerous sites in the last year or so. I am just getting tired of "dating" and I am ready to have a relationship.

As to the 75 mile thing. I am really looking for closer than that, but that was the closest option listed. I have tried long distance relationships and they are not for me. It seems like even 40 or 50 miles away has not been too workable. I really am looking for someone in my area, so that we can get together frequently and comfortably in a long term relationship.

Thanks for the imput!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 9 (view)

HELP....! I'm not catching enough fish... ladies opinions please
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:34:00 AM
I did get that the bit about your son was a joke. I liked it. If you keep the disclaimer that you really wrote it in there, I would suggest making it humorous also. Right now it has that "explaining the joke" downside to it. I do see the need for it, but make it another (easy to understand) joke.

Overall I like it, but it is really long. I like to read a lengthy profile, but yours was REALLY long. You have lots of good stuff, just too much of it. One thing you might do is cut it down and then change it up periodically using various material that you have cut. Adding new stuff to your profile, especially with new pics, helps get people looking again when you have been around awhile.

Overall it makes you seem like a great guy and makes me think it is a shame you are so far away.
 kayceeintx

Could I have a review please?
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:41:09 AM
I just updated my profile and thought that I would take advantage of the opportunity and get some feedback. I know that I could use some more pics and I do plan to add some soon. Other than that, how am I doing?
 kayceeintx

Does Anyone Actually Look Like Their Pics?
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:25:39 AM
I haven't met anyone who looked dramatically different than his photos, although some were obviously a few years old. I try to keep mine pretty recent. The ones I have up now are from December '06.
 kayceeintx

Beaumont Singles
Posted: 7/19/2007 4:24:16 AM
Well this thread has been sitting around awhile... Any Southeast Texas people out there?
 kayceeintx
Msg: 574 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 7/19/2007 3:19:26 AM
Kaycee here. I'm in Southeast Texas. I'd love to here from anyone local!
 kayceeintx
Msg: 7 (view)

Do You Tell Your Parents Who (or if) You're Dating?
Posted: 7/16/2007 10:40:46 PM
My parents know that I am dating online. I tell my mother various things about dates from time to time. I dated one guy that I met online for almost a year, he participated in various family events during that time.

It is a running joke in our family that my mother thinks everyone on the Internet is an axe murderer. The ironic thing is that my sister met her partner online, they have been together nine years now. Then my brother met his wife online, they will have their second anniversary in a few months. My parents are crazy about both of them, so I guess they have managed to get past the axe murderer status, lol.
 kayceeintx

Would you double date with your son or daughter
Posted: 7/16/2007 9:47:07 PM
My kids are in their early twenties. As to an early date, no, I doubt we would double. However, if I were in a relationship and they were in a relationship, then I would expect that we would do things together, as a group, from time to time.

I am a widow, so the "ex-topic" is a bit different for us. My kids or I might mention my late husband from time to time to a guy that I am dating, but it is no big deal.
 kayceeintx

Am I to conservative?
Posted: 7/16/2007 9:29:31 PM

I am posting here because of a closer age group. My thinking in life, after many yrs of marrage and "some" lol... maturity:

1. I will not date a woman who drinks to much, ie seen her get drunk, or make excuses about her being drunk. I don't want drunks around me.

2. I don't like being around smokers, so I will not date a smoker.

3. If I find out she can't handle money, no more fights about money.

4. If she has small kids, I'm ready for me time, travel, etc.

5. I have a "type A" personality, so I like being around easy going people, helps me stay more relaxed...... LOL I don't like a lot of drama.

6. I don't like to see a woman dressing too provocative, ie too much hanging out for everyone to see, there is a time and place, if everybody gets to see, she appears trashy to me.

7. Illegal drugs, not in my house, I don't give a damn who they are.

8. Weight, make up, ie, I think, if a woman is not taking care of herself now, she will not after I marry her. I happen to perfer slender women.

9. A christian, to me this is personal, but this subject can creat a LOT of problems in a marrage.

I realize we all have some issues we deal with, but I think RESPONSIBILITY goes a LONG way.

I have friends of all sizes, shapes, ethnic back grounds, and we laugh at our quirks so I am not a prude, I think..lol

Just looking at the areas of a lot of members, most are not from the south, I was born and raised here, but I don't think I am off the mark on some of my feeling?

Yes, you may be conservative, but I am too.

1. I don't drink and I prefer someone that doesn't either. He doesn't have to be a total teetotaler like I am, but I don't want to date anyone that drinks very much.

2. Ditto on the non-smoking.

3. I don't get too worked up about money, but I would have concerns about someone that had serious financial problems.

4. This is not a big deal to me. If someone had young kids it would certainly be something to take into serious account though. Mine are in their twenties, so it would be a real lifestyle change to consider participating in raising another family.

5. I am not looking for a certain personality type, we will just have to see if we click.

6. I tend to dress pretty conservatively myself, I haven't seen a problem with the guys that I go out with dressing too skimpy, lol.

7. ITA, no illegal drugs, period!

8. I like a guy to be reasonably well groomed. I don't have any particular preference as to body type.

9. I am a Christian and it is important to me that the guy I am with have similar beliefs, so I am only looking to a Christian man.

So, you may be a little pickier than I am, but you are not the alone in having some preferences. All that said though, there are many things that don't matter to me a bit. I don't care what kind of job he has. I don't care about his race or ethnicity. I don't care about his eye color, body type or hair style. I am much more concerned about a personality fit and having similar values and lifestyle.
 kayceeintx
Msg: 27 (view)

young adult children
Posted: 7/16/2007 8:50:54 PM
I was widowed in 2001 when my children were 13 and 16. I did not date for five years. Primarily just because I wasn't ready, but also because I felt that my children weren't ready. After five years I finally felt that it was time to move and start dating.

At this point they are 20 and almost 23. My son has never seemed to have much of an opinion on it. My daughter has struggled with some emotions about it, but has never tried to interfere.

I have dated a number of men in the year and half since I "got back in the game." Only a few have met my children, two after I had been dating them awhile, one just by happenstance. I don't see any point in getting them involved unless it seems to be going somewhere.

I have not met the children of any men that I have dated. Of the ones that I have dated for very long, two did not have any and the other's lived out of state.

Show ALL Forums