Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Pics
 FireMon
Msg: 9 (view)

Pics
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:46:50 PM
Or all cell pics that are not so flattering?

I'm still waiting for someone to answer this. It takes 15 seconds to borrow a camera or ask a friend to take a picture of your smiling face. Do you really not give a frick about how you present yourself?

(From the woman with no pics because she can't stand the attention. When I have the sanity points, I do post or share quality pics.)
 FireMon

Morals, where do you draw the line?
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:32:55 PM
Too often, I find that people who bring up "morality" have a lot to say against people making decisions for themselves. You're wasting your time if you're worrying about and judging what consenting adults do to each other.

Communicate honestly. Keep your word. Leave everyone else alone. Jesus even said something along those same lines (if you get your morality from a book).
 FireMon
Msg: 7 (view)

What are the best dating tips you have learned the hard way?
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:27:02 PM
It is OK to be single. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you.
Is is OK to *like* being single. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you.
Don't date just because it's what healthy, well-adjusted single young people are expected to do.
Don't feed the trolls. Unless you enjoy it and are absolutely certain you can out-troll them.
 FireMon
Msg: 19 (view)

She wants to be just friends. Is there a chance for more?
Posted: 1/12/2013 5:38:38 PM
If you value her friendship, be her friend. If you expect something more to come from it, go die in a fire.

http://fozmeadows.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/lamenting-the-friend-zone-or-the-nice-guy-approach-to-perpetrating-sexist-bullshit/

It is time to move on if she is not smart enough to recognize your goodness now. accept the facts.

This kind of bullshit thinking is endemic to rape culture. Women are allowed to NOT have sex. For any reason. Their choices are valid. Period.
 FireMon
Msg: 59 (view)

Number of Sexual Partners......and Regrets???
Posted: 1/12/2013 5:32:36 PM
I'm glad I've learned to be more discerning and to know how it feels when I'm not. I'm thankful to have had satisfying casual encounters, to have learned that not all are or will be, and to understand it's not what I want presently. And it helps me relate to and accept others' individual choices along the continuum of promiscuity. I believe in sex positivity, not shame, and that every relationship has valuable lessons for us--not to be considered failures when they end.

The only thing I regret is letting my religion dictate my physical limits when I was younger and letting it make me feel guilty for truly loving someone. Having been raised Catholic, I suppose there was nothing I could have done about it then. I am amazed at the progress I have made toward sex positivity and overcoming the guilt indoctrination; I never thought I'd make it this far.
 FireMon
Msg: 57 (view)

Would you date a Bisexual
Posted: 1/12/2013 5:20:51 PM
Orientation matters less to me in regards to attraction than does a partner's gender expression. So although I'm surprised to learn someone is bisexual when he as not been up front from the beginning, it's no deal breaker. Come to think of it, that might be a great opener for me to tell him I've been passively interested in having an MFM threesome.

It's great that you're making an effort to be open-minded, OP, but don't stress over it if it's too much. Baby steps, and either you're attracted to the guy or you aren't-not the end of the world. Be honest with him, and try to be honest with yourself; put in the work to examine the reasons for your reactions and feelings about it.
 FireMon
Msg: 14 (view)

Painful Blowjobs!
Posted: 1/12/2013 5:03:42 PM
ADULTS communicate with their partners about sex. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be having sex.
 FireMon
Msg: 21 (view)

Where will this relationship go?
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:58:03 PM
Do what you makes you happy OP, but don't sacrifice your relationship needs; if someone can't give you the basic things you need from a relationship right now, then she isn't the one for you right now. If you like her and think she's worth waiting for, great. But if you're *expecting* something to happen or feel entitled to anything for the effort you put in, do both yourselves a favor and break it off.
 FireMon
Msg: 62 (view)

Date a Blunt Woman?
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:21:27 PM
It's better to be direct than to describe yourself as "blunt." I'm not one to lie about being fed up with the piles of crap who typically message me here, nor am I going to feign sweet and submissive. It would be a waste of my time and yours. If you want a pretty liar, go chat her up. But if a blunt profile interests you, be honest about it. No need for second-guessing.
 FireMon
Msg: 36 (view)

When Do You Tell Them Your Real Name
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:09:17 PM
I regularly Google myself as part of my personal security unrelated to dating. There's no information available about me that I don't mind other people knowing. What I don't like giving out is my cell number because I've been harassed before by men from these sites. I do make sure to get my date's full name before meeting in person and doing a quick check on him, and leaving his name, address, and number on the fridge for my roommates just in case they need something to tell the cops. That's standard practice in my home.
 FireMon
Msg: 2 (view)

Pearls
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:26:48 PM
I like that image/idea. It's very pretty. Though it's not as passive a process for me- to find pearls, I have to crack my own shells and dig through the slime with my own fingers, self-evisceration on the path to peace.
 FireMon
Msg: 189 (view)

Sensual or Erotic Poetry
Posted: 8/21/2012 7:20:22 PM
Sacrament

Draped along the damp dawn, swirling smoke and salt and sweat--
Hot sex scents like sulfur lingering after a bright fire and light show
Its echoes still booming, reverbing through your soul and holding your whole still slow.
Somewhere inside you still feel the thrum, almost audible hum of what just was,
and still is to come.

At a glance, an empty ho-hum bed, colored plum, may not seem like much,
Until you come--here closer--Dear,
And see the marks where it was swathed in tender touch and in fiercer fu.cks.
Sheets made sacred, right here consecrated by our bodies bathed in each other’s blessed oils.
Sacrament of a kiss: fire and wet lightning mingling, shooting, streaking, tingling through
Every nerve and every fiber of your beating, thumping, heaving, humping, loving being.

If God is love, it’s not platonic or parent-like from on high, floating up above. No.
It’s falling and burning, searing and yearning, torrid flames consuming--passionate love.
So forgive me if “knowing” you (in the Biblical sense, as they say) means blaspheming or seems obscene.
But they must be dreaming because to me, it means hearts beating, true meaning of being.
You know there’s a great purpose fulfilled when I’m filled.

Let me enfold you in the warm embrace of my loving arms.
I want to baptize you into the loving folds of my warm cu.nt,
Bathe you in me and introduce you to God personally.
You cry out and shudder and fall to the floor at the miracle of my healing.
Sing out, praise and shout! Now that you’ve found me you can’t live without
The love and the glory and wonder of God in me.
Give yourself over to worship all over--and under and in and upon and along and down on--me.
“This is my body . . .”
What's next?
Right.
“Eat me.”
 FireMon
Msg: 2 (view)

Glimmering Night (belly dance poetry)
Posted: 8/21/2012 5:47:17 PM
"Clan" is the name of an July event for a medievel combat recreation group called Amtgard.
 FireMon
Msg: 1 (view)

Glimmering Night (belly dance poetry)
Posted: 8/21/2012 5:46:04 PM
Glimmering Night

Drawn by the deep-booming beat of hand drumming,
My feet led the way through the inky black evening
To the welcoming glow of a crackling blaze
Encircled by timeless rites of revelry.

The upbeats tick-tapped clearly as I drew near
And soon heard the shink-tinkling of shiny gold coins
Adorning the hips of a shimmering, jeweled dancer
Who stepped, twirled, and drop-popped in flawless time.

A flourish and flip of her gleaming blond hair
Lit up the dark with sizzling charm and panache.
I watched in awe of her finesse finely winding–
Swirling skirts, jingling hips, undulations galore.

Myriad curves and soft form masked not her skill
As she layered shimmies like a glimmering gem.
She flowed with the grace of a lithe prima dancer,
Masterful isolations accenting each step.

Never before had I seen this sensuous dance
Which emanated from her as freely as breath.
Uncommon allure imbued with perfect poise
Bore evocative feminine force and command.

As the celebrations wound down to a whisper,
Soft shapes slithered into my imaginings.
I’d been marked by a beauty that branded my soul,
Inspired to new heights one bright night at Clan.

*Written for a story writing contest, this is the true account of the first belly dancer I ever saw perform and how she inspired me in 2005 to take up the art. Because the story content is my intended focus, I played loosely with the meter and chose to incorporate the poetic devices of alliteration, assonance, and consonance instead of end-line rhyming. Each line has 11 or 12 syllables except for 7 and 8, with “shimmering” meant to be slurred as 2 syllables and a brief pause after “popped.”*
 FireMon
Msg: 89 (view)

Refuses to give cell number before meeting----sign of disinterest?
Posted: 8/20/2012 8:24:45 PM
I don't give out my number anymore if I can help it because I have had some real creepers from these sites harass me repeatedly all day long and at all hours of the night and then act confused when I told them that was unacceptable.
 FireMon

sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:10:50 PM

an in future times please use bleach to clean everything off before using them or bringing them in with a new partner..

Please do not use bleach except on hard plastic or glass toys. There are disinfectants made specifically for this purpose because even soap can degrade the materials used in many toys, making them porous and likelier to pick up and keep icky things you don't want there.
 FireMon
Msg: 8 (view)

sex toys and breakups
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:07:59 PM
There are a few companies that recycle toys--melt them down and repurpose them.

http://scarletgirl.com/article_info.php/articles_id/97

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/recycling/stories/how-to-dispose-of-8-odd-seemingly-difficult-to-recycle-items
 FireMon
Msg: 73 (view)

Bareback Sex!
Posted: 8/20/2012 2:05:05 PM
I've gotten STIs from TWO tested-clean partners. Remember that many STIs are asymptomatic and doctors don't generally test for them without symptoms. It is common practice to test for only a handful of high risk STIs (not including herpes) when a person asks for a full round of testing because of concern for false positives. I got lucky that it wasn't anything more serious, but not everyone does.
 FireMon
Msg: 6 (view)

Bizarro response
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:50:58 AM
Thanks so much for your thoughtful responses. It's good to know that receiving consistently harassing messages (pretty much daily) is something I should accept as normal and learn that I exist for others' enjoyment, so I should just shut my mouth and take it lying down. You sure sound like winners, yourselves.
 FireMon
Msg: 4 (view)

Bizarro response
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:35:47 AM
Naw, I only made it cuz I was (understandably) ticked.
 FireMon
Msg: 1 (view)

Bizarro response
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:19:55 AM
I got a bizarro response from an otherwise friendly exchange and am curious what your theories may be for the reason behind it. I apologize for this being such a long exchange that might take you a whole 3 minutes to read. /snark

my profile states this:
I am not a nice girl. I do not care for idle chitchat. I do not like people. I don't drink coffee, so don't ask.
It was suggested by an acquaintance that I try my hand at writing a brutally "honest" profile instead of just monologuing about how wonderful I am. Here goes:
I'm self-centered, emotionally aloof, usually arrogant, and like to be worshiped. I'm narcissistic, and for very good reasons, but on the occasional day of self-doubt, I will demand to be told nice things about me. I'm about 10 pounds overweight and, consequently, bursting bustiers. Yes, plural. I often fail to filter my snark. And clearly, I've missed the whole point of this exercise.

First message from JackAss: Good luck to you! You are brutally honest
I can respect and admire that!
I live in San Antonio which is probably too far from Allen to meet but had to respond to your profile as it is most unusual! I'm also probably too old or too
poor for you at 44 if you seek generous men!
I'm a writer and conversationalist with strong
opinions.
Two Questions: What does your BF think of you meeting guys by yourself? Last, "snark" is like "speech" right?
Auburn is a great hair color too! I used to be involved in SCA when you were a baby-sucks getting old! You really look HW proportianate to me by the way, quite beautiful actually!
One thing about being older though we know we aren't God's gift to women and have a sense of gratitude when we date a girl we can't easily interest due to being older and over the hill!
Last questions: What are your real hobbies
beyond Ren Faire activities? Any favorite
authors? What are your political opinions?
Feel free to monologue too! I like animals in general but have a special affinity for dogs!
Feel free to comment on that!
Fact is, I would love to have a long series of conversations with you leading to a meeting at
mutually agreeable locale based on distance and
eat some curry with you. Admittedly, worshiping your nude body would be a future desire and
enjoying your chest that I assume is what
busts bustiers, right? I don't wear female
clothing so don't quite know what that is for
sure!
Cheers!
D---

Me: My goodness! You sound so excited!

I'm a little jealous that you live in San Antonio because I love the food down there but haven't been in a very long time. And to be honest, I'm too poor for myself even, so it wouldn't be fair of me to judge others on that.

My boyfriend likes the idea of my meeting other people (men, women, and couples, not just guys) in theory because he wants me to find someone I can be happy with and who can give me more time and attention than he can. In practice, though, he understands that dating only ever disappoints and frustrates me, and he worries a little about my safety because I get so many messages from so many creeps and had been harassed by a man I met earlier this year. (So of course you'll understand that I'm very hesitant to meet people now.)

Snark is a near-synonym for sarcasm, but is often mean-spirited.

I hope getting old isn't all bad. That 86-year-old German lady gymnast is kind of my hero.
Thank you for the compliments. My "overweight" comment was based on the accepted standard of BMI, which is outdated and useless, though clinicians are slow to realize it.

I don't participate in any ren faire activities outside of attending Scarborough once a year. Belly dance and fire spinning are my real hobbies. But in addition to that, I like to spend a lot of time exercising - swim, dance, running, weight training, etc.

I was an avid reader all my life until this last year or so. Something about editing documents for 8 or 9 hours a day kills my desire to read another word at the end of the day. My favorite authors, though, are Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, Chuck Palahiuk, Kurt Vonnegut, and Rumi.

My political opinions are typical of any poor, young, white, college-educated woman: pro marriage equality and reproductive rights, against frivolous military and drug war spending. I'm excited to see progress being made toward more inclusive health care coverage and hopeful that the problems with the ACA can be ironed out before it's fully implemented. However, I'm not sure that I'll be voting this fall because I live in a red county in a red state, so what's the point? I can probably find something much more productive to do with my time on election day.

I think I'm equally fond of cats and dogs. My roommates have 3 cats and won't allow any more animals in the house, which is fine by me. Someday I'd like to get a dog that I could take jogging with me, but that's a long way off since I work long days.

Your profile says you've traveled a lot - where to?

I'm open to talking but the rest is way too forward and really off-putting for a first contact.

JackAss: You and I have little in common! Thank you for responding and yes, you are insulting and not very nice actually!
Farewell! I will block you now after saying that a white girl should know better than to like Obama! You really aren't as bright as you look!
Bye!
DJ

I was feeling vindictive, so I responded from another account:
You're the only one who's said anything insulting in our exchanges, Jackass. I went rather out of my way to kindly respond to the unsolicited presumptuous tome you sent me. What on earth do you think you could possible have in common with a 25-year-old woman, and who ever said anything about Obama, you ****ing racist piece of shit? Maybe you should take a course in reading comprehension, because you obviously lack this skill. Good luck spamming the state with your form letter and then responding to women solely to insult them; that will get you far. Are you really such a butt hurt crybaby that I didn't respond more enthusiastically to your creepy and predatory advances? Grow the **** up.

*For the curious, I'm undecided and leaning toward voting for Gary Johnson, the libertarian candidate this fall.*
 FireMon
Msg: 67 (view)

Best Rejection Comebacks/Lines
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:53:40 AM
The very first line of my profile states my expectations about proper writing. Yet I still get this crap through my inbox (which is fun to read in the voice of William Shatner).

Guy: Hello im brad your profile caught.my eye.so what.do..you.enjoy.doing. for..fun.I..own.my own lake love sports.music etc.get back.to.me brad

Moi: I enjoy correcting people's shitty grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Are you a child? How ****ing hard is it to type a coherent message?

Guy: its not hard shit my bad i did not add ? marks or .s guess you dont want to talk?

Moi: Are you serious?

1. Capitalize and add an apostrophe to "It's."
2. Add a period at the end of a sentence. (After hard, bad, and .s)
3. Capitalize "shit," and put a comma after the interjection.
4. Capitalize the word "I."
5. "?" is a question mark, so when you write "? mark," it reads "question mark mark."
6. Wtf is ".s" supposed to be?
7. The word "don't" is a conjunction, so it requires an apostrophe as well.

Guy: your a fat ugly **** so stop messaging me you dumb ho have a nice day

Moi: If that's how you really feel, why did you message me to begin with? Unsolicited messages really only come from those who are interested and attracted. It seems you're just a little boy feeling butt hurt and lashing out over rejection. Good luck with that.

Maybe he's visually impaired? Anyway, if I had a nickel for every guy who called me a fat, ugly, stupid, slutty, c.unty, b*tch AFTER he had messaged me expressing interest in me, I could buy us all donuts.
 FireMon
Msg: 46 (view)

Self-Induced G-Spot Orgasm
Posted: 8/15/2012 5:13:53 AM

i think you misspoke. a woman's urethra is connected to her bladder. not her vagina. when a woman orgasms, it is vaginal fluid that can squirt from her vagina - biologically it would help with getting pregnant.

"Squirting" and "gushing" specifically refer to a type of orgasm a woman can have that results in ejaculation of fluid from the urethra, not urination. SCIENCE! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ejaculation
 FireMon
Msg: 44 (view)

Self-Induced G-Spot Orgasm
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:37:25 PM
It took a lot of practice and a lot of patient self loving with fingers and/or dildo before I got there. Now it's a snap.

But it's not a definite for every woman. So don't stress. Relax and enjoy; don't make orgasm the ultimate goal. Just enjoying the feel of g-spot focus and pressure is a great start.
 FireMon

issues with oral
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:42:24 AM
If you don't want to give head, just don't. Plenty of men are fine with it.
 FireMon
Msg: 179 (view)

Can I buy you a drink?
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:16:54 PM
I don't see anything wrong with your friends actions. I do have a problem with men thinking they are owed by women. We're not slot machines to put kindness tokens into in exchange for attention and sex. Get over it.
 FireMon
Msg: 89 (view)

The more people I date
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:59:29 PM
The more people I date, the more I prefer being alone.
 FireMon

Messaging Intimate Encounters.
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:50:45 PM
Stop assuming anyone owes you a reply, a phone number, a date, or sex. Women are people, not pussies, so treat them like it.
 FireMon
Msg: 15 (view)

Sleeping w/ Friend Who Has Boyfriend
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:43:12 PM
Do a little reading on open relationships. Ignore the people who say he's not much of a boyfriend. Everyone's relationship is unique, just because monogamy works for (statistically speaking) less than half the population, doesn't mean it has to be for you.

Make sure to check in with both her and him regularly to see how everyone is feeling about the situation. Be honest with each other.

And enjoy!
 FireMon
Msg: 36 (view)

Minutes or hours? How long should it last?
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:35:33 PM
When I was newer to sex, I only enjoyed about 30 minutes of it before getting dreadfully sore and whining in my head, "Are we there yet?"

Now 50 to 60 minutes, maybe 75, is about perfect. And then a nap and some more. Unless we haven't seen each other in a while; then we go at it fast and furious for 30. Yeah, 25 to 30 minutes is a quickie for me.

I only ever had one partner who couldn't go that long; he had a short recovery period, but the starts and stops just weren't for me.
 FireMon
Msg: 39 (view)

Is there a correct way of mentioning sex in a profile for a relationship?
Posted: 8/7/2012 5:13:41 AM

he only problem with finding someone who would go along with this ....they probably wouldn't stay around...given the opportunity...to meet that many men in real life under those circumstances...the other men would also want that woman as "their own" and if the other men have more to offer...the woman would probably leave you and your fantasy...

You really know nothing about fetishes, do you? Nobody will try to steal a woman away with whom they've negotiated such a scene. They're not meeting in real life to try to woo her, just to **** her. That's the whole point of communication and safe words - making sure everyone involved gets what they want.

To the OP, I'm sorry your honest question has been met with so much misinformation and judgment. The best thing to do is to research your fetish to learn better terminology for it. Try not to use the word "gangbang" because it is a trigger word with multiple meanings, many of them unsavory. Even if the bdsm scene is offputting to you, it's worth just taking a look. No one will pressure you to do anything you don't want to, and there are a lot of good people there who can help you in the right direction with this.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for knowledge and a loving partner.
 FireMon
Msg: 90 (view)

Group Sex
Posted: 8/6/2012 4:49:32 PM

You said you had and enjoyed MFF. Would you try an MMF if it came up? Unless your are Bi, it would seem that women would enjoy it the most.

I'm curious about it but would definitely have to have a connection first with the men, at least as friends, to trust and enjoy that situation. I think it would be harder to come by. Who knows? Maybe my next will be FFF. ;)
 FireMon
Msg: 86 (view)

Group Sex
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:50:48 AM
Scanning previous posts in this thread, I'm amazed and disheartened by how small-minded so many people on this site are. I thought this was the 21st century, so who the eff cares what consenting adults do with one another? Just because it wouldn't work for you doesn't mean it can't make others happy who are perfectly secure with themselves and honest about their desires. You know nothing about them and their relationships and needs. Why all the judgement and sex-negativity on a dating site? Grow the **** up.
 FireMon
Msg: 85 (view)

Group Sex
Posted: 8/6/2012 5:35:08 AM
I've had two threesomes (MFF) I was looking forward to that turned out to be "meh" at best, pretty terrible and disappointing overall. I assumed the whole threesome fantasy was just overrated and nothing more than a check mark for the bucket list.

Then I had a series of unexpected threesomes (MFF) with one couple that were ****ing amazing, and sober even. We never thought we'd get along in bed, but we shared a room once on a trip and got started with the intention of just making out and playing a bit, and it led to fireworks. :) It was their first, but somehow we meshed really well and intuitively figured out the mechanics of it. In the course of our relationship, there had been jealousy issues, but none of us felt any at all related to the sex and were all satisfied many times over. ;)

I guess it's a hit or miss situation. Communication is key, and equal emphasis on everybody getting to orgasm at least once. I hope everyone has the chance for such a fun, intimate, pleasurable, and positive experience.
 FireMon
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2012 4:49:00 PM

I actually can't articulate it correctly, but when I try to explain it, women get angry.

It may be beneficial to formally learn more about it and in so doing, learn to speak of it in terms that won't upset people.
 FireMon
Msg: 14 (view)

Ben Wa Balls
Posted: 8/5/2012 3:26:05 PM
I enjoy using them myself without a goal in mind but for pleasure's sake. I prefer the smaller, heavier ones.
 firemon
Msg: 140 (view)

Natural and hairy women?
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:58:57 PM

men have a right to a woman, that will give, or meet half way too, don't we???

@want to travel, I'm going to assume you misspoke and aren't really so misogynistic as this. You are not entitled to any kind of woman.
 firemon
Msg: 139 (view)

Natural and hairy women?
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:55:36 PM
It's summer in Texas, so I keep it short for hygiene and personal aesthetic preference.
A piece of advice I once read: "If you can braid it, tame it!"

I prefer for my partners to trim as well, but how much is up to them.

But I don't like to shave my legs and am blessed with fine, fair hair, so hardly anyone notices. :)
 firemon
Msg: 877 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 8/5/2012 12:16:50 PM
I'm a fire spinner from Allen, born and raised in DFW (Richardson/Plano mostly). Howdy y'all. How 'bout that heat?
 FireMon

Running / (actually i jog but call it running) tips
Posted: 8/5/2012 11:12:11 AM
Take some time to plan an awesome playlist for your run. Run slower. Make sure you enjoy it. Don't make it a chore. People who love to run run more (more often, longer, etc.).
 FireMon

Posted: 8/5/2012 11:03:38 AM
And if it's really an important issue to you, I highly recommend checking out your local "scene." Meetup and Fetlife (and others, I'm sure) have information for every city, and it's not just about sex and kink. Go to an event, dinner, munch, etc. and meet like-minded people as friends; it will open up a lot more opportunities for dating people with certain interests, too.
 FireMon

Posted: 8/5/2012 11:00:52 AM
I'd recommend making a reference on your profile such as:

~Ask me about my kink!
~In addition to hockey, photography, and brewing, I have some non-traditional (or alt-type) interests I hope to share with my future partner.
~Looking for someone who shares unique interests both in the bedroom and out.
~I hope to meet someone open-minded, sex-positive, and looking for an honest committed relationship.

Though vague, something along those lines should help open the conversation, and it will definitely clue-in women who may already be interested in those things. And why let a kink end things just because she's not into it? Have you considered dating other people, too? Nobody can be everything for anybody.
 FireMon
Msg: 660 (view)

Double standard on Oral?
Posted: 8/5/2012 6:29:57 AM
That's too bad that you're dating the wrong men. I date men who don't care to receive but do like to give. :) And everyone's happy.
 FireMon
Msg: 30 (view)

Do men act more considerate to you when you are thinner?
Posted: 8/5/2012 5:47:59 AM

why don't you just loose weight? It's healthier. Why complain? Just work out and eat good.

It's not that simple for everyone to just LOSE weight. When a person loses weight, he or she will have to continue to consume significantly fewer calories than a person of the same lower weight who was always that way. They will never be able to eat for "maintenance" like a person who never had excess weight. It's a lifelong battle which, for many, is not worth the effort compared to being healthy and happy with one's body regardless of weight.

I'm not sure if I can link the article, but "The Fat Trap" by the NY Times explains this further. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope-fat-trap.html?_r=1

And it's not necessarily healthier. Countless studies have shown that it's healthier to have extra weight and lead an active lifestyle with a healthy diet than to lose weight merely through deprivation. Skinny does not equal healthy, and it's ignorant to assume you know a thing about someone's health based on their looks alone.
 FireMon
Msg: 69 (view)

Quirks & habits that make me cringe!
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:52:12 PM
People who shuffle their feet.

"hi how r u" & "hey sup"
 FireMon
Msg: 25 (view)

Do men act more considerate to you when you are thinner?
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:48:21 PM
It's the opposite for me. I get more compliments about how great I look and people asking if I've been working out when I've recently gained 5-10 pounds, which frustrates me to no end. Bizarre.
 FireMon
Msg: 52 (view)

How rare is it to find someone you feel strongly about?
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:43:18 PM
It's not rare for me, but very time-intensive. I fall hard for men that I've first been friends with for a long time and almost never for new people. I rarely click with people straight out the gates, and a person usually becomes more attractive to me the better I get to know him.
 FireMon
Msg: 23 (view)

Havent experienced an Orgasm: is she the only one?
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:36:30 PM
It can also be caused by chemical imbalances, which many women experience as a result of depression, hormones, or medications (which is worth looking into if the problem persists), but it sounds like your friend's case is of not knowing her body well enough.
 FireMon
Msg: 30 (view)

Padded Bras??? And Why Do You Wear Them???
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:09:43 PM
*light padding*

I wince when I see bras in my size that are padded to add 2 cups sizes. For the love of God, WHY?!
 FireMon
Msg: 29 (view)

Padded Bras??? And Why Do You Wear Them???
Posted: 8/4/2012 8:07:46 PM
I wear padded bras because I need the support, and I like the shape and not having to worry about nippling. The bra certainly doesn't hide anything, though, and no one will ever be disappointed to see it come off.

Show ALL Forums