Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: When is it considered cheating?
 AprilGem
Msg: 88 (view)

When is it considered cheating?
Posted: 7/24/2012 2:19:18 PM
And you call yourself a friend?? Oh my, glad you are no friend of mine.
 AprilGem
Msg: 28 (view)

Emailing again after they haven't replied in a month
Posted: 7/24/2012 1:48:11 PM
Why would you want to connect with someone who was extremely rude to you? Do not contact her first.
If she was that interested she will find you. Sorry but that is how I see it.
 AprilGem
Msg: 54 (view)

The first questions women ask me are penis size and income. LOL.
Posted: 7/5/2012 6:43:16 AM
I don't know who u been dating hun..........but thats not what 99% of women ask right off the bat. You need to find a better dating pool/watering hole whatever!!! lolol. Besides its widely known it is not the size of the wand but wizardry of magician that matters.!!
 aprilgem
Msg: 4 (view)

Fort Erie, Ontario POF @ Crystal Chandier Nov 21 Sat 7:00pm-12:30am
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:14:13 PM
Hi and so kewl you are from Crystal Beach. I am looking fwd to it and finding out how living is in CB first had from someone who resides there. Sounds like a fun evening, and something I plan to come to
 AprilGem
Msg: 177 (view)

Is there a good reason not to date someone who is bipolar?
Posted: 4/23/2007 7:45:13 PM
Firstly there seems to be alot of misinformation regarding bi polar disorder.
I read in earlier post that bi polar is a personality disorder. It is NOT and in fact is an Axis 1 diagnosis in the DSM which is the criteria dr's use to diagnose this illness.
Axis11 is the DSM used to diagnose Personality Disorders or PD's.
There is a vastttttttt difference between the 2.
Also if someone is misdx as a bipolar who is actually a Paranoid Schizophrenic, I would seriously ?? the competence of the physician/psychiatrist that came up with intial dx. The criteria for each of those illnesses is quite different.
I would honestly look at the overall picture and ask yourself if you are the kind of person who can handle dating someone with that lable. I have known many many successful people who in fact are bi polar. I think you need to sit down and have a long talk with him about his illness course of tx, last episode etc. I also think you need to really educate yourself and I am NOT sure POF is the place to do this. Contact Mental Health Services in your area and speak to folks who are qualified to answer.
I am a RN here in Canada with a 2nd diplomna in psychiatry and worked front line act
acute psychiatry for many years.
I am sure everyone means well, but you need an unbiased opinion based on his situation etc........not the rest of ours.
Best of luck to you both!
 AprilGem
Msg: 15 (view)

why do guy do this??????
Posted: 4/20/2007 7:18:48 AM
bravo to creative guy and ty!
Green eyes get out and if you get some of the assets great.........if not at least stand up to him and say enough is enough! This smacks of emotional abuse to me. Ever hear the saying .........the best defense is a good offense?? well sounds like he has that down to a science. There is alot of great men out there. I have been separated 3 years and am 47. If you have kids together..........remember they learn what they see and hear.
Do not let this man continue to do this to you.....stop the cycle now gf or you will just end up with more of the same from him. Good luck and remember you are worth more than the tx he is giving you!!!
 AprilGem
Msg: 91 (view)

Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !!
Posted: 4/19/2007 8:31:48 PM
Hi
First of all I cannot believe this thread went on for 5 pages.
The solution my dear is simple. If you do not like commuting even for a coffee, stick with meeting men in your area. Pretty simple to me.
I for one enjoy taking drives and if someone took the time to get to know me at all in chat first asking me to join them at 7 am would be a no go simpply due to time of day. There was no need for anyone to get uppity here over the suggestion just decline it for whatever your reasons are that simple. Much ado over nothing!
 AprilGem
Msg: 82 (view)

Movies not to watch!!!
Posted: 4/11/2007 10:23:50 AM
Right On Rose Hated that movie with a passion!!
Another was The English Patient. After an hour I was saying Dieeeeeee already! and I am a nurse.
 AprilGem
Msg: 29 (view)

AA Members
Posted: 4/9/2007 4:25:10 PM
I am not a member of AA godless heathen, but to take the first step of the program is taking a biggggggggggg the biggggggggggggggest step for taking repsonsibility for one's actions /lives if drinking is a problem.
How or the way people choose to take control of their lives and the means they use to do it, is up to them It hurts no one and has helped many.

So if you have nothing positive to say........and clearly you do not...go your own way and do not bother with links that antagonize you.
As for all of you in recovery, bravo!
 AprilGem
Msg: 105 (view)

ok, I figured out why women
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:36:07 AM
It is merely a fashion statement nothing more. I am 5 ft 6 have a great profession and never wear heals because I find them uncomfortable and awkward. Oh let me correct that.......wear low heals at times with certain fashions.
You are not even in ball park on this one variance, sorry!
 AprilGem
Msg: 11 (view)

What is the proper way to express your not interested?
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:46:42 AM
I simply reply to the men I hear from whom I could not see myself with politely with a ty for you your note. I have read your profile and do not think we would be a good fit. Good luck and happy fishing. Period.
As for in person, I say ty for a nice evening or coffee or whatever . I do not promise anything or kiss gnite. If it is tried I just say ty but not ty....you are a nice guy but not the one for me.
The truth is we are all not right for everyone.......our differences makes the world go around.
Even if I have chatted or exchanged emails etc.......meeting in person is when you know if there is chemistry. I often will impart that up front while we are chatting before we meet. No chemistry is ok..........it is not a put down for either.
The only thing NOT to do is lie to make yourself more comfortable in the moment.
I have had a man on here spend an entire evening with me and intiate kiss hand holding etc tell me I was all he expected etc. ( if that was not true he could have just shut up). Tell me I will call you and then did not. I did not bother to intiate any contact afterward as I felt.........if he can look you straight in the eyes and lie forget it, defintitely NOT what I want in my future. Especially at my age and place in life.
Just be honest in a positive way if you can and realize you cannot be responsible for how others feel about themselves.
 AprilGem
Msg: 79 (view)

I'm married, how wrong is it to have A friend with bennifits
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:34:00 AM
Omg! I cannot believe this. Get a grip. Yes it is wrong!!!!! It is NOT just friends with benefits. It is introducing deceit and potential hurts, stds etc and if you want some spice..........talk to your wife. There is lots you can do to spice it up if you want Believe this........if she does not know now, eventually she will and re establishing trust is hard if not impossible.
You love each other lots? Oh really! If you love her, I would sure hate to see how you treated someone you could care less about.
Grow Up, get a grip and stop thinking only of yourself.
 AprilGem
Msg: 17 (view)

Scarborough Rocks ! LIVE music ! June 9 at Fishstock2007 !!
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:01:26 AM
Ty sooooooooo much for an event like this. It sounds like a blast, count me in!
 AprilGem
Msg: 122 (view)

Guys, would this boost your ego?
Posted: 4/4/2007 5:48:47 PM
Anything which makes you uncomfortable you should not do. Period. Full Stop.
Something about this seems to not sit right with you. You can try to meet him half way like a neighbour has key or son if that is appropriate but again do NOT do something you obviously are not comfortable with. Your relationship ended for reasons....which you two alone only know. Been on this planet long enough to know never do what your gut says not to. Just my opinion tho. Good luck!
 AprilGem
Msg: 61 (view)

Bad Dating Experiences? Bah, meet the DARRENATOR !!!
Posted: 3/31/2007 11:55:15 AM
I read the Darren/Joanne debaucle and lmao!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I have been on some dates I would not care to repeat but that one.......beats all.
I wished this woul d have gone in front of the peoples court or Judge Judy.
That would have been fitting end to this fiasco.

Show ALL Forums