Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mako's On The Rock's with a meet and greet in Largo
 suem6000
Msg: 2 (view)

Mako's On The Rock's with a meet and greet in Largo
Posted: 5/19/2013 7:41:54 AM
I like Mako's and love Bus Stop. But 8:00 is too late to start the party in Largo, particularly for those of us coming from other areas. It would be better to start at 6:00 or 7:00. Mako's and POF had a very successful event, maybe 8 months ago, that started earlier. Bus Stop was playing and the dance floor was filled.

At one POF event more recently, I got there at 9:00 and there were few people there. At another POF/Mako event, there was no band and very few people.

Please consider starting the event earlier and be sure to include a band. I'd be happy to see the band scheduled for Thursday but it is to late.
 suem6000
Msg: 27 (view)

some college
Posted: 3/2/2013 10:10:50 PM
It is good that you are thinking through these issues before you commit. You need to take an aptitude test to see what you might be good at that you don't know about yet. Call the Admissions or Counseling Office of your local community college
to check into testing. I also would not be surprised to find an aptitude test online for free. Google it.
Do what you like and are comfortable doing. Then get advanced education to improve your prospects. Don't pick something like an Education degree because you think teachers have job security. You really need to like children
and accept that everybody is your boss. It is a very constricting field with little advancement
If you really like auto repair, then find a way to work in an air-conditioned garage, like in your own garage.
Find out what equipment you can lease and what the costs of advertising are. I certainly see people with their own shops and they do well because they treat their customers well. Learn how to finance that type of business instead of college.
Buy a small shop and get seller financing. Go to work in a small shop and learn how to repair everything and run the
business before you branch out on our own.
This is a frustrating time of life and the economy doesn't help. Good luck to you. And don't go into debt unless you are sure of your career goals.
 suem6000
Msg: 3 (view)

Oct 24th - Little Black Dress Party at Makos On The Rocks in Largo
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:06:54 AM
I am so glad you are doing this. The last event at Mako's was great. Bus Stop was playing last time and I hope we will go again when they are playing or another band. I don't know what live music with a DJ is but I guess I will find out.
 suem6000
Msg: 3 (view)

please take 5 mins to help me
Posted: 10/20/2012 3:06:19 PM
Please look at the words in your profile. Capitalize "i" and words at the beginning of a sentence. Read the words carefully to make sure you have the word you meant. Your message is O.K. but the sentence structure, grammar and spelling need work. Pictures are good.
 suem6000
Msg: 1 (view)

Why sign into events ?
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:09:25 PM
There are three hosts at every event asking the guests for names, e-mail addy, etc. ? People say they are already on the e-mail lists so they don't understand why the big hassle signing in. I see people trying to be polite but really quite aggravated by the procedure. I also see people going way around the sign in table to avoid the hassle. Hosts are saying that guest can't find the sign-in table. But they can find it. They just avoid it. Is it important to sign in so that the hosts get $1.00 or so per head of attendees ? The bar certainly doesn't need a head count. They know each night how many customers they had and how many more were generated by a POF event. What is this sign in really all about ?
 suem6000

Where is info to host ?
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:02:24 PM
Where can I find the information I need to host an event ? I want to get all the info upfront to see if I can workout some new ideas.
 suem6000

Smoking inside or out
Posted: 10/16/2012 7:14:30 PM
I just went to a POF event that was held at the stinkiest place imaginable. The smoke was nasty. There was no "No
Smoking" area, although the outside patio was better than inside. At another event, even the outside patio was so smoky it was unbearable. Hosts, please let us know what the smoke situation will be at these events because many people cannot or will not stay in a smoky place. Thanks.
 suem6000
Msg: 6 (view)

Hi
Posted: 8/15/2012 5:35:31 PM
Hi Mike

First, remove the pics of your backside and baseball cap. Then tell the ladies a lot more about yourself.

You really aren't giving people much sense of yourself. It sounds like all you want out of life is a good meal and a guitar.
Well, most women want a lot more than that.

I hope you find this review helpful and not hurtful.

Sue
 suem6000
Msg: 11 (view)

Review my profile.
Posted: 8/15/2012 5:13:54 PM
Hi Brian,

I think you have written an excellent profile...just clean up some of the spelling and sentence structure.

It makes me a little nervous when men want to "hang out." That phrase means many different things. What exactly is it you want to do ? If it means to sit around doing nothing, forget it. If it means to have sex, forget it. If it means to
go out for coffee and conversation, you are on.

Best of luck to you.

Sue
 suem6000
Msg: 15 (view)

I get viewed a lot but do not receive many messages and when I do
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:29:08 PM
Yes, take the negative statements out.

You sound hyperactive and demanding . You don't sound sensitive and romantic.

Remember, men fall in love with their eyes. Women fall in love with their ears.

You might channel your energy into learning something women like such as social or ballroom dancing lessons.
Then you will meet women who are as active and into fitness as your are.

Good luck to you.

Sue
 suem6000
Msg: 7 (view)

Meet and Greet at the All New: “ON THE ROCKS”
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:14:56 AM
I wish the organizers of all the events would get the bar owner to issue a $5.00 wrist band that would be good for free
cokes or non-alcoholic beverages. At Mako's, the cokes were $2.00 plus tip.. I would get two sips and then dance. When I came back to the table, the coke would be gone. I bought several cokes, then gave up and just did without the rest of the night.
The band, Bus Stop, was wonderful and I had a great time dancing.
 suem6000

What was your experience with this person ?
Posted: 3/29/2012 10:54:23 AM
I rec'd a message from POF asking what my experience was with two persons who had contacted me. I didn't have time to reply then. What was that about ? I am curious because one person did make me nervous. Did someone else complain about about
him ?

Show ALL Forums