Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The chat feature isn't for dirty talk!
 Fauzz
Msg: 14 (view)

The chat feature isn't for dirty talk!
Posted: 5/21/2013 9:24:41 PM
I don't think you upset anyone on here.
 Fauzz
Msg: 3 (view)

Womens profile pics...... my opinion
Posted: 3/30/2013 9:50:13 PM
I pay close attention to what is said and what is shown. That combination is what I consider their "presentation". Its their "marketing campaign". And you're right... quite often, the words don't match the pics and that in itself should raise a flag.

If a person wants to market themselves sexually, that is perfectly fine if that is what they are looking for, however these profiles that use their sexuality to draw attention, and then say "Looking for a good man", or "Not looking for a fling" or "I deserve respect" are hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Most men will pick up on that and will exploit that person's ignorance. Then you'll see a new bitterly written profile emphasizing how they DON'T WANT TO BE USED FOR SEX, and will add even sexier pics to their profile. Rinse and repeat...
 Fauzz
Msg: 9 (view)

the chat feature isn't for dirty talk!
Posted: 2/18/2013 9:15:32 PM
From a woman's perspective, if she was to statistically document how many men get raunchy or lewd without invitation or provocation, the numbers would be high. Since we as people generalize, the conclusion women would make is "Most men are horn dogs outs for one thing."

Can you blame them?

NO.

Men with healthy levels of testosterone will have a high probability of being lead or influenced by their sexual desires. (I tried to word that as carefully as possible.) It will take discipline to keep it in check. Or low testosterone.

However, as much as I agree they should be cautious with men they chat with, they should also be carefully not to shun the few "good ones" away. They will have to figure out on their own how they will do this. This is both ONLINE and OFFLINE. The advantage of ONLINE is that you can spot them quicker because they are more likely to reveal themselves quicker.

Now Mara... I know you know better than that. Boredom made you ignore the big red flag. Fair enough. Sometimes we ignore red flags for the hell of it, but should understand the caveat. Now, if you provoke or initiate such conversation, that's fine. Sometimes those conversations with the right people can be fun. Just don't get offended or act like it and go back to your friends and complain about an awful guy you met because of the kind of conversation.

That's booby trapping.
 Fauzz
Msg: 10 (view)

[2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:34:12 PM
We've pushed this to Feb 16th for safety reasons.

Hope you can all make it NEXT Saturday. ;)
 Fauzz

honesty online
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:33:04 PM
I think some people design a profile according to how they fantasize themselves to be. Its funny, because I've seen a lot of profiles where "average" could be a "few extra pounds". Yet, if I scope out the profiles in the Philippines, I'll see profiles showing "average" when they're really tiny or slim. Some are stating "few extra pounds" and yet we would see them as average to thin. Culture perceptions makes a difference.

In fairness to IloveNewBrunswick, he's only going to look at female profiles so if men are doing this too, he has no way of knowing. He is also going by his own person experience or perception, so know its not ALL women, but enough to give him the perception that its the general trend.
 Fauzz
Msg: 4 (view)

[2013] - Sat Feb 9th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:57:38 PM
Any applicants for socialites?
 Fauzz

[2013] - Sat Feb 9th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:07:00 PM
This is supposed to convert into an event thread soon. Its taking a while.
 Fauzz
Msg: 1 (view)

[2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 1/16/2013 11:30:19 AM
[Please note this message has been sent to you indiscriminately within a 10 km radius of chosen postal code. If you know of anyone outside of this radius you would like to see at this event, please draw their attention to this link. Thanks]

Where is this happening?!?!
Jake's Sports Bar/Steakhouse & Pub
535 Westmorland Rd
Saint John, NB E2J3T3

Google Map link: http://goo.gl/maps/utxSQ

When!? Saturday, February 16th, 2013 8:00PM til Bar Close

No cover charge!

The PoFers have been starving for another Singles Social in Saint John, so we're making it happened again just before Valentines/Singles Awareness Day! Good timing?! If you recall the event in May 2012, we had one massive coalition of singles from a few different singles groups which resulted in a success the Pub Down Under owners were still talking about.

Jake's Steakhouse is offering us "Free Pool" and "Beer Pong" tables! (Never played beer pong, but I'll bring my paddle) There are tables, booths with TVs and an island bar all in a 60's like setting. This place has changed a lot since we last did this here in 2007. Its much more accommodating.

Its also within walking distance to the famed 3-mile.

What to expect?

These events are social gatherings where we can socialize and network, making new friends and contacts and increasing our opportunities to find that one you're looking for. There is no need to put any pressure on anyone, therefore these are NOT pick up parties. These are simply hang out and good times. It is these events in the past which made online dating a much better experience. No complications, no expectations and no sales person will come to your door!

What do I need?

Socialites. I need a select group of 8 people, 4 women, 4 men, who are going to help me ensure everyone feels involved and included. You will be tasked with going around and socializing, introducing, and hosting.

DJ has been secured. Jason Gee will be helping us out again. We've scoped out the site together to ensure everything fits as it should. We've got room! :)
 Fauzz
Msg: 59 (view)

Sex with Tall women
Posted: 1/5/2013 2:03:13 AM
Think of a midget and a tall woman.

When they are nose to nose his toes are in it and when they are toe to toe his nose is in it.
 Fauzz
Msg: 6 (view)

[2012] - Planning a Valentines Day event in Saint John for Feb 2013
Posted: 1/3/2013 8:18:01 PM
Cool2012,

If you drive down to support the Saint John event, you'll see many drive up to support a Moncton event you will be hosting. ;)
 Fauzz
Msg: 2 (view)

[2013] - Profiles
Posted: 1/1/2013 4:13:11 AM
Well... this is a recurring question because we are trying to logically understand emotionally complex driven beings.

Most of the decisions we make are emotionally driven and quite often subconscious. Since we are strongly influenced by our feelings, and why we feel what we feel can be so convoluted, trying to understand why a person does one thing over another, or pick one person over another, will give you a stroke.

Men are visual. Lately however, I've noticed that women are too. There HAS to be a physical attraction. Also men, keep in mind, are also hormone driven. (Starting to question that about women too lately) Hormones won't dictate what they think, but it will amplify certain existing desires. This is why you, like most women on here, get a lot of messages which are purely hormone driven. You know which ones I'm referring to.Its completely drives women insane, unfortunately, and gives the rest of us men a bad rap.

The men who have their hormones in check will be driven by past experience. Certain ways things are written in a profile, I've noticed, triggers a bad vibe or a good vibe. The tone, the photos if any, is a presentation of a person and it will trigger different emotional responses in each of us.

Regarding your approach to online dating or dating in general, we have to clear up the misconception that this site, or any other dating site, is a Sears catalog. We don't simply pic a person and walk away. I wish. It would be so much easier. Socialize and network. All this site does it pool together contacts who are looking to mingle with those with the same interests. The rest is up to us. If you're anxious, you'll get frustrated. If you're more laid back and casual, you'll make things easier on your sanity.

Don't take lack of responses personally. Patience.

This dating game is a marathon. Not a race.
 Fauzz
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/1/2013 3:46:58 AM
Good thing we didn't say Belchers... :P
 Fauzz

[2013] - Rebooting the Weekly Tims meets.
Posted: 1/1/2013 3:46:14 AM
I guess what we need is a night most can agree on. Could even be two nights, like Sunday and Wednesdays. Then you go to whichever one fits your schedule best.

The next trick is picking a Tims that is convenient for people. The Rothesay Ave Tims was good as there wasn't many people there.
 Fauzz

Lost Libido
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:39:33 AM
Rizer,

Although it seems to have started earlier for you, it sounds a lot like what I have. Mine started around your age though and progressed to where you seem to be today. I can turn down sex without flinching, which at times has me scratching my own head. Had plenty of people telling me it was psychological, and part of it maybe, however I had some tests done and my testosterone is low.

Low testosterone is becoming an epidemic in men. There are plenty of toxins we ingest which mimic estrogen and creates imbalances. Sometimes our lifestyles don't promote enough testosterone to be produced.

This affects more than libido. You will be more irritable than usual. Your energy levels will be lower. You may notice heart related problems, such as flutters or palpitations. Vital organs and muscles will slowly deteriorate as testosterone is needed for repair. Its a serious issue and relationships fail because of it.

Good sex contributes to 10% of the success of a relationship, but bad or no sex contributes to 90% of a relationships failure.

I would advise you to get your testosterone tested, and get the scores. You can listen to what the doctor says, and he may even tell you that they are a "little low" but that's ok or normal. Dr Oz will even tell you differently, and that although its low, yet still within "normal parameters", its nevertheless having a serious impact and needs to be adjusted.

I have not yet resolved my issue yet.
 Fauzz

[2013] - Rebooting the Weekly Tims meets.
Posted: 12/31/2012 3:19:42 AM
There have been many asking about the old weekly Tims meets we used to have years ago. I've encouraged people to take the initiative and start them up again, but I don't think they have. So I want to encourage it again.

This isn't exclusive to Saint John, by the way. This can be done anywhere.

Anyone willing to get the ball rolling on this?
 Fauzz

Posted: 12/31/2012 3:08:54 AM
Jakes was a good spot and they have recently renovated. I should perhaps check there. Not sure where Bleechers is. I don't even know if I spelled that right.
 Fauzz

Posted: 12/21/2012 6:08:04 PM
Thank you.

I hosted one in May and it was a success. People have been asking about another one, so I'm looking ahead. I'll message you once I get all the details organized.
 Fauzz

Posted: 12/16/2012 10:21:05 PM
I'm entertaining the possibility of having another PoF/Singles event in February and wanted to get some ideas from those in the area. I also encourage Fredericton and Moncton to do their own as well to generate some activity.

For those in the Saint John area, where could we have this event?

Any other ideas or activities for this event?
 Fauzz

[2012] - Public Mass Shootings, Parents Murdering Their Own, Schools Under Fire
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:12:51 AM
In light of recent events, namely the school shooting incident in Conneticut resulting in many elementary school kids left dead along with adults, what comes to mind as a root cause or contributing cause to such events?
 Fauzz

Outings, Cooking Class's, Pool Night!!!
Posted: 12/15/2012 12:54:00 AM
Happens though, is LPDI sets in.

LPDI translates to "Let Pat Do It".

While we're waiting for Pat do initiate these big/small events, nothing really gets done. If you want to initiate a coffee meet, post it in here. It will start small but it will grow over time. It will become a recurring habit. Back in 2006/07, these meets were common in both Fredericton and Saint John. I think Moncton had them too. Some liked them better than the dance/party events.

I'm going to initiate a Valentines Day or Single's Awareness Day event hopefully for the weekend before Valentines Day, but I won't mention it until after Christmas.

I will also need help and ideas.

Some of you are in different cities and I encourage you to do the same.

In 2006/07, the PoF parties rotated between the 3 major cities. These events were good times.
 Fauzz

Outings, Cooking Class's, Pool Night!!!
Posted: 12/8/2012 3:14:24 AM
I had hosted an event back in May of 2012 in Saint John, and it had a great turn out. I was hoping to find someone to host an event in Fredericton, but no one bit the bait. These events really turns it up a notch and greatly improves your chances as you get to read people better in person in a safe and public environment.

I've been thinking of launching another in February, the weekend before Valentines.
 Fauzz

Meeting
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:18:10 AM
It reminds me of a book I've never read: "He's just not that into you."

If he was, you'd be dating by now.

Reason as I say this is that you have already broken the ice, there is conversation, but he's seems "busy" (busy chatting with other women?) and he hasn't actually asked you out for anything.

I understand you may like him, but that's all moot if its not mutual.
 Fauzz

Anyone up for POF group hikes/walks this summer?
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:40:53 PM
If you need a hand organizing this as an actual event, message me.
 Fauzz
Msg: 12 (view)

Saint John - Saturday May 12th 2012 (9:00 PM) - PoF Social Party
Posted: 5/7/2012 11:00:58 AM
Is anyone interested in being a "socialite"? (No, you don't need to learn anything from Paris Hilton)

Socialites are like assistant hosts and their task is to ensure, throughout the night, that everyone feels involved and included to the best of our abilities. We don't want people just sitting around feeling left out.

Socialites don't spend all of their time "assistant hosting". They are their for their own reasons, but volunteer a bit of their time proactively ensuring people are enjoying themselves. Although the social butterflies are likely to volunteer their skills, anyone is welcome to exercise their charisma.

With 130 sign ups, I'll be looking for about 6 to 8 of you to fill this need.

Message me if this interests you.
 Fauzz
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 4/25/2012 6:10:42 PM
That's good advice Shader.

Some people have misconceptions of what these are all about. Probably because of some more infamous parties that have been held, and even held at the Pud Down Under. This is not at all that kind of party.

These social gatherings are a major game changer in the singles playing field.
 Fauzz

Goodbye to a POF friend
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:19:16 PM
Bad news indeed.

I feel for the friends and family who were close to him. I only knew him as one of the legends of PoF from years back. Still, he really seemed like a great guy.
 Fauzz
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2012 10:10:06 PM
Good to hear.

:)
 Fauzz
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 4/23/2012 11:21:33 AM
We have 64 people signed up at the time of this posting. Its very encouraging and and I hope we get over 100. There are many more planning on going, but haven't signed up. It would be ideal to have these people sign up to show support for the event. The more people, the better. We can capitalize on the synergy.

Keep spreading the word and encourage the sign ups.

Fauzz
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 4/11/2012 7:45:39 PM
We should start up Coffee Meets again.

Smaller, but weekly social gatherings at Tims on King Street on a night convenient for most. Those were good times too.
 Fauzz

Posted: 4/10/2012 6:01:22 PM
It would be great to see you there Frenchie!
 fauzz

Posted: 4/2/2012 10:24:45 PM
Since it has been a while, we have a bit of a challenge ahead of us.

What made these parties a huge success years ago was a vibrantly active New Brunswick forums. From there, a lot of online friendships were made and it was easy to carry those connections into the "real world". Since the forums are dead, we're sorta coming in blind.

However, that just changes the dynamics. Doesn't prevent us from making this a success.

What's important in this social events is that we have the right mindset going in. Don't aim to "pick up". Don't set any expectations. Just go, socialize have fun, and whatever happens, happens. No need to put any unnecessary pressure on anyone, including yourself.

Observe, get to know, interact, mingle and if you aren't comfortable with meeting anyone there, message them later when you get home.

The objective should be "Good Times".

Another thing, SPREAD THE WORD. Who do you want to see there? Most people don't notice the links at the bottom of the inbox page. I'm going to tell anyone and everyone about this, no matter where they are in NB. Some will come from other cities to go to these events.

ALL Singles are welcome. They DON'T have to be PoFers.

Depending on the size of the crowd, I will be assigning "Socialite" duties. These people will be responsible for ensuring everyone feels included and involved.

"No one puts baby in the corner!"

Also, on a final note, the music will be played from a laptop, so it would be ideal to have a collection of songs from 70s, 80s, 90s, and modern. If anyone likes to "DJ", great.

If we had a real DJ that would even be better, but unless someone volunteers that service, we're going with the laptop.

Lets hope this gives Fredericton enough momentum to have theirs too.
 fauzz

Posted: 3/28/2012 9:19:54 PM
This is it! The count down is on! Saint John is getting back onto the map with a social gathering at the Pub Down Under! All singles are welcome!

GET YOUR PARTY ON!

Where do YOU want to be on THIS SATURDAY May 12th?

WHERE: Pub Down Under, Place 400 at 400 Main Street, Saint John
WHEN: May 12th 2012 (9:00 PM)
COVER CHARGE: No Sir..
DRESS CODE: Don't Come Naked

This is an open party, as we will be mixing in with the small Saturday crowd at the pub. Why do you want to be there? This is the golden opportunity to meet new people, socialize, network, HAVE FUN! (how many times have I read in a profile that a person "likes to have fun") These events were "Da Bomb" in the past because the people came to enjoy themselves. Friendships were made! Relationships were forged! Fun was had! Lets bring that back!

BE THERE!

Is anyone interested in being a socialite?

Socialites are like assistant hosts and their task is to ensure, throughout the night, that everyone feels involved and included to the best of our abilities. We don't want people just sitting around feeling left out.

Message me if this interests you.

As of May 11th, 12:00am - 63 men and 72 women are signed up.

Show ALL Forums