Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: is this government supported racism?
 lovepassionx
Msg: 15 (view)

is this government supported racism?
Posted: 9/25/2013 11:21:51 AM

boat rope tail
Excellent stuff.

Did have tufts on the ears Frank? Sounds like some sort of Puma cross breed. A lot of big cats got released into the wild in the 70's when the Gov banned keeping them as pets but you would have needed two to breed as I couldn't see the average Tabby having a go starting a family.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 10 (view)

Do we/you discuss dating too much..?
Posted: 2/24/2013 5:31:02 AM
I had a new thread on tax evasion by the super rich jo van and how the founding principles of the Labour party were undermined by the banking/big business lobby to get us in the state we are now but can't seem to post it. It didn't have any mention of "race" but I'm sure it would have been right up your street....
 lovepassionx
Msg: 28 (view)

Do men on these sites actually want a relationship or just sex?
Posted: 2/17/2013 5:36:07 AM
There's still the old stigma of a woman with kids as being "damaged goods" especially at your age as 90% of guys the same age will have zero interest in you as a long term partner and only be interested in you for sex which is probably why your getting the messages you are. You're going to have to drop your standards quite a lot if you're ever going to meet someone long term.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 12 (view)

British Obama
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:16:30 AM
A politician with strong religious beliefs would be a catastrophe waiting to happen so I don't think we will have a Muslim prime minister until the demographics of the country change enough which won't be till 2040ish when indigenous Caucasian or black multi generation become a minority. A black prime minister would probably be possibility in the meantime.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 670 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 1/12/2013 11:18:05 AM
It doesn't matter if mutations are "more likely" to deteriorate genomes as even if the beneficial mutation was one in 10,000 that is the one which will survive whilst the others perish and the evolutionary criterial premise is fulfilled. Your argument would only be valid if ALL mutations with no exceptions whatsoever deteriorate the genome.

Might I suggest the following reading for you....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/People-Believe-Weird-Things-Pseudoscience/dp/0285638033
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Believing-Brain-Spiritual-Convictions/dp/1780335296/ref=pd_cp_b_0/278-2527737-2064612
 lovepassionx
Msg: 98 (view)

Timewasters
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:30:30 AM

They can't forget to be interested in someone.

I like that! If somebody for no reason stops messaging you there's a good chance it's from "Kid in a sweet shop syndrome" which itself is indicative with a shallow personality assuming your messages yourself are interesting . Just chuck them in the rubbish and move on.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 99 (view)

Internet v Real World Dating
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:06:22 PM
I must admit: the women without an arms length of preferences do tend to be a lot more well adjusted than their criteria ticking sisters. Personally I think you should view preferences more as guidelines than rules (unless you're 5'11"+ ;-)
 lovepassionx
Msg: 59 (view)

Replies... Am I Going Wrong?
Posted: 12/30/2012 11:57:54 AM

if want loADS reply put up false pic,like magnus/robbie t off tna . then flash sports car,along with you own your own biz -millionaire- sit back watch replys! lol. play them suckas for shallow peeps they are -hours fun-eye opener son i can tell you. but you dont want to attract that time women!. SO ANSWER IS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF/STOP TRYING JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO PLEASE WOMEN

Why not.....
1/ Write an interesting profile.
2/ Message women without pics.
3/ Ignore very short replies like "Hi" or "Lol"
4/ Ignore women who insist on a photo to contact them.
5/ Ignore women who mention "Players" or similar nonsense on their profile.
6/ Message women with long thought out profiles.
7/ When you do message make it interesting and different to the usual rubbish they have to deal with.
8/ If they're not interested then wish them well and don't dwell on it, think of it as a filtering process.
9/ Ignore women with anything aggressive or man hating on their profile.
10/ And you're right :be true to yourself and what you like in women but have your boundarys.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 46 (view)

Iran
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:01:03 AM

Antisemitism in every usage and every dictionary from beginning of time means a hatred and dislike of Jewish people.

Maybe it does but disagreeing with the foreign policy of Israel doesn't equate to being anti-Semitic if the party disagreeing does so on the actions of a political party which just so happens to be in power.

The analogy would be an Israeli accusing a lifelong Labour supporter of being anti-Semitic if Cameron decided to invade Israel!
 lovepassionx
Msg: 58 (view)

Are You Confident?
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:06:38 AM
It's incrementally pushing yourself outside your confidence comfort zone which increases the confidence itself. Lack of confidence comes from a fear of not being accepted or liked, nature hardwired it into our brains 100,000's of years ago so as not to face ostracism (which meant certain death) from the tribal groups we all lived in. The "fear" is registered in the amygdala part of the primal limbic (emotional) system of the brain which has substantially more control of your thinking/conscious brain than vice versa.
There are two ways to "talk" to your amygdala and calm it down so it fits in better with the modern world.

1/ Desensitize yourself by moving out of your comfort zone every day till the amygdala realises there is nothing to worry about.

2/ Have a huge emotional epiphany like a major upsetting break up or a near death experience that make you reevaluate your life and realise what's important.

When I used to hear people say things like "Don't take life too seriously" I used to think yeah right like your job or paying the mortage, what they talking about idiots. Then I nearly drowned on holiday and was resigned to it being the end. Believe me, once that has happened jobs, mortages, talking to strangers, public speaking...they're not even on the scale let alone part of it.

If you ever travel to Rome there is a Church at the top of the Spanish steps called the Santa Maria Della Concezione belonging to the order of the Capuchin monks. In the crypt, the walls and ceilings are lined with skulls and human bones of generations of the orders monks decorating every available surface. On the floor there is an inscription.

"What you are they once were"
"What they are you will be".....................Think about it.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 5 (view)

Has your view of the opposite sex changed since using this site?
Posted: 12/26/2012 1:18:51 PM
I'm surprised by how lonely some women are yet are still nervous even in such a small step as joining POF. It's unrealistic to expect life to be fair and the nice women to end up with the nicest guys as boldness will take the prize in 90% of cases. Ladies: if you want to meet that one man in a hundred then you're going to have to message ninety nine others because if you don't then somebody else will.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 22 (view)

Past sexual history
Posted: 12/26/2012 12:26:58 PM
I think the type of men who ask this question are worried about how they compare to their partners ex's, so a little of it comes from low self esteem.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 548 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:04:16 PM
A good exercise is to imagine that there are 2 parallel universes in one universe life was designed, in the other universe life evolved…..¿in which of the two universes do we live in? how would you know? What tests would you make?

Fossil records, MRSA bacteria, the existence of DNA....?
 lovepassionx
Msg: 51 (view)

The BBC and the License fee
Posted: 11/28/2012 12:20:09 PM

True, there was a "culture" in Rochdale. (?), a culture of paedo' rings, who "passed" their victims around, just like the "white" ones do.

The Rochdale Paedophiles only targeted white girls though JoVan so that makes them "racist" paedophiles...

White people would not be at the top of the list.

That's a "racist statement"

If the list was represented as a % of population then no they shouldn't, thats a fact and facts can't be racist can they...?

And just what exactly is "our culture"...?
The culture which turned the UK into a 1st world nation: legal, scientific, education, history, etc. If our culture is not "better" than certain other cultures then why would the aforementioned "other cultures" wish to migrate here? The weather perhaps....?

Spain's economy is far worse than ours, 25% unemployment, compared to our 8%, but close to a million Brit's have moved there, and most of them can't even say "por favor", let alone flamenco dance..

British migrants can't claim benefits in Spain and most of the migrants are retired with financial independence and pump money into the Spanish economy.

Personally I think the BBC is pretty impartial except when the issue of immigration comes up, there are too many misrepresentations. Might I recommend a book for you? Its "The language pattern bible" By Kerrin Webb; available on Amazon, You'll never read the Guardian in the same light again...
 lovepassionx
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2012 1:47:03 PM
JoVans views and cognitive bias on "Race" are well known on the forums and the post was understood and very clear.
There are genetic differences and traits between different races but so what. Chinese have on average higher IQ's than Europeans, Black Africans are better sprinters than white's, Native Americans have difficulty proccessing alchohol. Sub Saharan Africans are prone to sickle cell aneamia as it offers resistance to malaria. All these thing can be accepted without mentioning "Racial superiority"
 lovepassionx
Msg: 43 (view)

Posted: 11/25/2012 12:29:51 PM

I don't believe in "race" at all, but that's another thread. (Which wouldn't last long!)

No it won't indeed, there you go....

http://med.stanford.edu/news_releases/2005/january/racial-data.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196372/
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2164/8/68
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC139378/
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21228346.000-iris-scanner-could-tell-your-race-and-gender.html
 lovepassionx
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2012 3:12:13 PM

What basis of use is ethnic percentage? Why not income earning percentage?

The former has statistical relevence the latter does not. There is no such thing as a "racist fact" a fact is either true or it is not. Income earning percentage could only be used as an undistributed term and not a universal affirmative statement. The sufficient condition that non whites have lower income percentage is a causal argument but only as a catagorical syllogism. Maybe it's something genetic or maybe cultural or perhaps even due to incipient racist attitudes in society which makes non-whites more likely to commit crime who knows but using convergent premises is a dichotomy argument. In a nutshell: you're more likely to be a victim of crime to a white person because there are more white people in the country than non whites but that doesn't change the fact that a non-white is more likely to commit a crime against you in a representive generalisation. I've been an analyst for 16 years so I would say my data analysis skills are pretty good....
 lovepassionx
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2012 2:39:47 PM
I suspect you know full well what I mean. The poster was using a stipulative definition instead of a stratified sample. The "fact" I used was an analogy to create a universal generalisation to clarify, it's called small chunking deductive logic and the Greeks thought of it 2000 years ago. The target property extended from the argument in analogy is : Which group is more likely to have commited a crime based on statistic significance. The poster used sophistry to create a generalisation to a particular as a negatively relevent premise to support his viewpoint. My post wasn't actually bad....you just didn't understand it...ah the irony.

You might be interested in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
 lovepassionx
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 11/22/2012 2:05:18 PM

As you cannot seem to have a sensible debate without calling people bigots I'm going to try for the last time to explain it to you:

Lets say you have 1,000,000 green people, 100,000 red people and 10,000 blue people.

In 2011 53 green people commited a crime, 52 red people commited a crime and 51 blue people commited a crime.

In your eyes green people are more likely to commit crime, whereas the reality is it's actually the blue people who are more likely to commit the crime. Why because there is 1,000,000 green people and only 10,000 blue people.

Excellent rejoinder DT! I've always thought that when people resort to Ad Hominums it's the cognitive dissonance of their beliefs being shown to be false that triggers the insult as a defence mechanism. How can anyone of any intelligence post the statement-

A woman of any ethnicity is more likely to be assaulted by the greater number (whites), than the greater percentage.

-when 80% 0f the population are white! By this bizzare logic even if non-whites commited 900% more crime than whites it's still "whites" who commit more crime. God help us; it would be funny if the guy didn't actually believe his own rubbish and wasn't serious.
 lovepassionx

Profile Views
Posted: 11/20/2012 11:04:11 AM
Why don't you just message the ones you like and become the selector not the selected. It's a man's job to make the approach and wussiness isn't an attractive trait to the fairer sex.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 27 (view)

Dating Site Scammers
Posted: 10/27/2012 6:16:24 AM

One wise decision the POF team made was to stop anyone who resides in scamming hotspots such as Nigeria,South-Africa,Russia and India from having access to this site. Indeed.

How long before some deluded poster declares this is "racist" and how the POF team are discriminating on the basis of someones skin colour etc, etc

Although to get round it a scammer could easily use the TOR application beloved by Wikileaks and have the home residence as any EU country....
 lovepassionx

Issues with women, possibly just me..
Posted: 10/24/2012 1:39:33 PM
You didn't create enough attraction on your dates that's all.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 66 (view)

When Will the Job situation improve in the UK?
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:36:30 PM
isn't it funny how nearly every thread ends up about immigrants! It's obviously a subject close to a lot of peoples hearts.
What does Mr Poet think about asylums seekers fleeing persecution who do so via France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands etc all safe countries?
 lovepassionx
Msg: 25 (view)

Would you date a hypnotist?
Posted: 10/12/2012 9:00:38 AM
Hypnotism is very real and actually quite easy to do, people have even undergone surgical procedures under it and I'm pretty sure they weren't actors. Everyone is able to be hypnotised but if they choose not to be then thats it; it doesn't work, although there is a sub branch called "conversational hypnosis" which uses linguistic patterns to create trance: The caveat being that the client doesn't know he's being hypnotised and therefor has nothing to resist.

While you're reading this if someone ran in the room with an axe then your unconscious mind instantly takes over and everything your conscious mind is thinking about is forgotton. It's evolutionary hardwiring of your brain millions of years old.

The secret of hypnosis is creating an unconscious response which bypasses the conscious's critical factor because the unconscious deems it more important. How this is done is by creating confusion, the unconscious doesn't like confusion as from an evolutionary viewpoint confusion could be dangerous so it takes over. Stage hypnotist do this by jerking their subjects arm or putting them off balance, but the best way for intelligent clients is linguistically.

Here's a quick method for hypnotising your boss or co-workers if they are set on a course of action which you think is counterproductive to your interests.

1) Boss states "can you do this report?"
2) Make full eye contact to focus boss's attention.
3) Say "what wouldn't happen if I didn't?" The linguistic confusion overloads the conscious so the unconscious is booted up for extra proccessing power. The unconscious is as intelligent as a five year old child and very suggestible it's running on overdrive desperate for logic.... so you give it some.
4) Say "best give it to Sally/Dan then"
5) Boss's brain sees logic liferaft and jumps on suggestion to ease cognitive discomfort.
6) Say "ok then" then ask another unrelated question to refocus boss's attention.
7) Go for cup of tea and a smoke while Sally/Dan does your work. It's as easy as that.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 35 (view)

Coalitions attitude to the working class
Posted: 10/1/2012 11:50:40 AM
"Stop talking drivel. Immigrants are a net financial benefit to this country."!!

Thats a remarkable claim requiring remarkable evidence. Does this include...
1) Immigrants claiming benefit?
2) Increased policing costs due to immigrant crime?
3) Immigrants sending the majority of their wealth back to their home countries?
4) The drain on NHS resources through increased treatments for HIV or TB cases?
5) Illegal immigrants undercutting the national minimum wage?
6) Legal immigrants taking the jobs of the indigenous population?

You're quite happy to question other peoples religous beliefs yet won't question your own on immigration; why's that then? Being a person of a left wing persuasion myself I wonder why you accept the "left wing package" of "Immigrants are good for the economy? Highly skilled ones might be but those guys hanging on the bottom of lorries at Calais aren't Doctors and Architects (yes I know they're illegals so spare the sophistry)

Twenty years ago I would have agreed with you but two things made me question myself. One...I trained as an analyst and learned to question everything and two... I met Sir John Harvey Jones in the speakers lounge of a Business training forum we were both attending, another speaker commented on a certain trade union leader of the time saying the guy was as clever as" a box of Foxes" Sir John listened and commented that he was the main proponent of the TUC's open door policy for immigrants which was of course "The biggest con ever pulled on the working man" and he would know.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 2 (view)

the arrogance of science
Posted: 9/17/2012 11:10:59 AM
Doesn't that make them symbiotes?
 lovepassionx
Msg: 35 (view)

Islam: The Untold Story
Posted: 9/9/2012 10:51:01 AM
Look up "cognitive dissonance" If you don't have an urge to defend your beliefs then why do you?
 lovepassionx
Msg: 34 (view)

Islam: The Untold Story
Posted: 9/9/2012 9:30:36 AM
When does not believing in something mean that you hate it Charity? The problem with beliefs is they're stored in the amygdala and are very tightly linked to emotion, having them questioned creates an unpleasant feeling which makes you defend them even if they're completly false and implanted in your mind by someone else.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 9 (view)

Is selection criterai the real problem?
Posted: 9/6/2012 9:52:52 AM
Check out this video for a womans views on selection criteria and why some guys get nowhere with the women they're
attracted to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXXXX9iVPI
 lovepassionx
Msg: 18 (view)

The most evil political party in Britain and its not the BNP
Posted: 9/3/2012 1:07:07 PM
Science is the pursuit of truth and a fact is a fact, once it is proven then adjective traits cannot be ascribed to it as it exists on it's own.

Why hadn't the African nations exploited their own resources before the Europeans arrived? For all their faults the Europeans brought, government, education, hospitals and a national infastructure with them.

When the first migrants left Africa they left a culture unchanged for 10,000 years.

Africa is a harsh environment which the African had evolved to deal with and had stabilised genetically for over a 100,000 years and a culture where knowledge was passed down from the society the individual lived in.
Ice age Europe was completly new; catastrophic event theorem.

It's the "change" from one environment to another which neccesitates the cognitive evolutionary spurt, the bigger the contrast the bigger the spike, once a people had adapted and survival memes had entered the society the spurt would flatten out but the basal average would have increased.

Yes indeed a phenotype, a false flag on my part))) so you agree that cognitive phenotypes can exist depending on the environment of the peoples in question?

To me it doesn't matter which race someone is, it's when science is surpressed to fit pc goals and history is subject to revisionism that I feel I have to comment.

If you think there is no such thing as "race" then speak to a Geneticist, anatomist, criminologist, evolutionary psychologist, pathologist etc etc.

Some stereotypes are accurate or they would have no use, Here's one for you: American pitbull terriers are more aggressive than King Charles Spaniels.

I could have written your post 20 years ago as my views were identical so I do know where you're coming from!
 lovepassionx
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2012 10:20:18 AM
The only thing which matters in science is the truth. There is no such thing as a racist fact.
 lovepassionx

Posted: 9/2/2012 8:14:58 AM
It makes you wonder why the African nations are so unsuccessful as countries now, compared to the European even with a 10,000 year headstart. There is research which postulates that the mass migration into iceage Europe caused by an as yet unknown catastrophe caused an evolutionary acceleration in certain cognitive functions and traits such as altruism, creative intelligence and basal IQ due to the very harsh environments the migrants had to deal with bereft of "passed down" knowledge from their parents and tribal leaders.

Only the most intelligent and creative individuals managed to survive in this extreme environment and these are the ancestors of the European peoples hence the success of the Western nations.

Here's a stereotype (which doesn't exist!) for JoVan. : Eskimo and Innuit races can withstand less sun exposure in a hostile environment like tha Kalahari desert than a native Kalahari bushman can.))))
 lovepassionx
Msg: 30 (view)

Advice on getting dates?
Posted: 8/31/2012 12:26:10 PM
The two aren't mutually exclusive of course you can be genuine with a photo. If someone chooses to not post a pcture because they are very attractive then that implies they are genuine otherwise they would have posted a picture to increase the amount of messages they receive. It's a catagorical statement from a contraposition not a distributed term, the syllogism is your confirmation bias. As neither of you contact people without a picture then you have no way of knowing. You can't just mentally strike out an entire catagory of people just because you don't agree with their philosphy.

Well actually you can......If you're shallow.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 22 (view)

Advice on getting dates?
Posted: 8/31/2012 8:29:36 AM
So if a woman is very,very attractive how do propose she filters through a 100+ messages she receives a day?
As your own rule of "no piccie, no chattee" prevents you from finding out what they look like how do you know these women are "fuglies"? Myself...? I do contact the girls without pictures so I can state as evident fact what I see. And what I see is some remarkably attractive women who would turn your head in the street and best of all; by not posting a picture it shows they are genuine and looking for someone special.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 17 (view)

Advice on getting dates?
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:04:40 PM
It's a guideline not a rule. If someone messages you when you don't have a photo at least you know they like you as a person from reading your profile so the attraction is based on personality, if you're nice looking then that's an added bonus. Shallow is a major turn off, I've seen women put up with mental and physical abuse just so they can have a handsome boyfriend and to me they have psychological issues.

If I was to put on my profile "you must have a big pair of tits to contact this user" Would you consider that shallow?
After all; all I would be doing is filtering by looks....same as you.
 lovepassionx

Advice on getting dates?
Posted: 8/29/2012 12:57:22 PM
You will find a lot of the ladies profiles without pictures are really attractive girls who take their picture down after a couple of days due to getting 100's of messages a day from chancers and players in order to get more genuine messages.

Not contacting the "no picture no reply" girls is an excellent filter to get rid of the shallow dross on here, it's probably a self esteem issue on their part in that they have to be seen with a very attractive man by their peers and friends but someone genuine will take a leap of faith and be ok in a person not having a picture as long as they are attracted to your personality.
 lovepassionx

Private pictures
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:49:24 AM
When we meet someone in real life they usually go through a series of filters. Firtst :are we attracted to them physically next are we attracted to their personality. All we are doing here is reversing the process. First: Are we attracted to their personality? If so then exchange pics and see if the physical part is there. To the shallow ones the physical attraction is the thing that matters. That is their value criteria.

Plus they don't realise that the really attractive types take their photos down after a couple of days when they receive a hundred messages in 24 hours. The no picture types tend to be the nicer types I've found.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 3 (view)

Private pictures
Posted: 8/5/2012 1:20:06 AM
It does filter the shallow ones out though if you are looking for someone genuine. Lets face it what man of integrity would be interested in a woman who would go out with anyone as long as they're really good looking. It smacks of low self esteem and issues.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 14 (view)

PoF messaging advice
Posted: 6/17/2012 1:50:46 PM
Romance, woo, and intrigue them, be different from the crowd.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 8 (view)

Going to a POF meet alone??
Posted: 6/13/2012 1:35:47 PM
Everyone else will be thinking the same thing probably. Act confident and everyone will assume you are then weave your womanly spell across the room. It will be easy to start a conversation; just talk about POF it's the one thing everyone has in common.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 17 (view)

blocking people
Posted: 6/8/2012 8:48:18 AM
It was a case in the local paper when I was in London, the woman was a nurse and her ex-boyfriend created the profile, she only found out when she was approached by workmate suggesting they get together, it went to court but the boyfriend returned to somewhere in Africa. The dating site said it wasn't their responsibility but I don't know if she got any compensation.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 11 (view)

blocking people
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:33:57 PM
There have been cases of ex partners or rejected/blocked suitors creating a false profile on a well known sex dating site, cut and pasting the photos from their ex's/blockers POF profile. For that reason alone you should be able to block a given person from viewing your profile.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 2 (view)

Retrospective advice.
Posted: 6/6/2012 1:56:48 PM
It's a metaphorical allegory to access your core values. One percent of the population suffer from metaphor blindness, they don't understand them and I hope that's you cupidsbarrow as associating a ten year old child with assisted suicide is pretty scary psychology!
 lovepassionx
Msg: 1 (view)

Retrospective advice.
Posted: 6/6/2012 1:40:00 PM
Suppose...suppose you were a hundred years old and laid in your bed but with perfect mental faculties. You only had one minute of your life left and the door opens and your ten year old great, great, great grandson/daughter walks in, steps over to the bed and takes your hand in theirs; He/she looks into your eyes and says "What should I do with my life?" In that minute you had to condense your entire life knowledge into a few sentences: What would you tell them?

Me? I would say "live your life the best you can to make the most of it and always choose the option of the one that will leave you with the most memories" What about you?
An interesting postnote here is...The advice you have just given to your great, great ,great grandchild...is actually to yourself so take heed of what you have just said, it's your own truth after all.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 29 (view)

Gut instinct
Posted: 6/5/2012 9:11:48 AM
Your unconscious mind constantly scans the world around you looking for danger, it's hardwired into your mind as an evolutionary survival trait. Women have a better sense of intuition than men because in pre history which makes up 95% of the time we have been around the women had to be very aware of their environment while the men were out hunting. Subtle changes in the environment were noticed and acted upon and we still have that ability now. Have you ever just "known" that the car in front of you is just about to change lane? Subtle body language cues called the "ideomotor effect" are magnified by the cars steering mechanism and picked up as a potential hazard. Or how about in a busy,noisy bar you hear your name mentioned at the other side of the room? Your unconscious is monitoring everything in the bar but lets you know when something important happens; ie your name mentioned. Ever been stood in a bar looking at someone you fancy? Look down and see which way one of your feet are pointing...it's a subtle cue that the other person can pick up on.
The reason your DNA is still about now is the "gut feeling" something was wrong when their unconscious detected the sabretooth tiger footprint in the grass. What about "chemistry" your'e unconsciously picking up micro gestures of attraction from the other person and your mirror neurons are sending them back which releases oxytocin inducing pheromones into the air in a feedback loop.

Your unconscious is a supercomputer working in the background ready to give you intuition when it feels the need.
Hows this for remembering something on the tip of your tongue (known to unconscious but not conscious) set your phone to predictive text and without looking at the key board just type random letters into the keypad. Must of us text unconsciously and do it without thinking so more times than not your answer will be found on the screen when you've finished.
 lovepassionx
Msg: 38 (view)

Do women actually WANT a nice guy, or do they just say they do?
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:52:06 AM
I agree. "starting out as friends" projects an element of "wussness" What happened to sweeping a woman off her feet and being a man about it? You need to stand head and shoulders above the crowd and lead her into a world of romance and excitement to leave her with butterflies when she thinks of you. There is enough of the prosaic in all our day to day lives without adding "starting out as friends" to it!

Women find "bad guys" attractive because they give then an emotional rollercoaster and challenge them; albeit jumping from bad emotions to good ones, they're the ones who they constantly check their phone for.
Any nice guy worth his salt could create the same attraction without demonstrating the negative bad boy traits, the rollercoaster just needs to miss the bad parts out and fill them with excitement, adventure, passion and unpredictability.

If her girly friends aren't listening to the tale of your night out the next day without saucer eyes and open mouths of envious disbelief then time to- as you succinctly put it- man up.

Show ALL Forums