Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Clint Eastwood and the RNC speech
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 97 (view)

Clint Eastwood and the RNC speech
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:27:53 AM
I didn't know that common sense was in short supply on this forum.

Such typical liberal gibberish seems to be the strong majority.

I don't love Romney. He's not conservative enough for me. But if Obama gets four more years, the country won't survive for my children to reach their 40's. The debt will be catastrophic.

I thought Clint looked a little tired. Having heard that he was winging it makes a certain amount of sense. Contrary to the popular view, he isn't the only guy in Hollywood who isn't ridiculously to the left.

But he did nail it, except for whoever it was who interrupted the end timing of his final punch line.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 23 (view)

I hope all men don't believe this!
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:31:55 PM
On one hand, I don't think most women understand how important the respect issue is for their guy. Most of the time, it's more important than love.

When your guy tells you he's feeling disrespected, you need to hear his heart.

But your guy was way out of line. This is a goose - gander deal. What's good for one, applies both ways.

And no, most men don't feel the way your guy does.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 2 (view)

new to this
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:17:58 AM
You did ask.

If I were you, I'd ditch picture number four in the purple top. It makes you look pretty masculine.

My heritage is Scotish, but I've never been in the UK. So I have no idea what Scot men like. And we all have our preferences, but pic number four isn't helping you, IMO.

I would have sent you a private email with some more details, but you only accept email from men less than 75 miles away. I'm a wee bit farther than that. I live less than 20 minutes from Southfork Ranch.

Good luck in your search.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 34 (view)

Oral Whores
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:03:06 AM

You're asking us to moralize someone's sexual behaviour OP. I too found the terminology quite offensive but I think I "get" what you were pointing to.

I think there are some people who are very indiscriminate around their sexual behaviour and put themselves unnecessarily at risk. But I also think these same persons have issues that we can't begin to understand which cause them to act in such ways.

I've had a few offers by email by men who were offering their oral services with no expectation in return. I found this odd and confusing. I also found it kind of disgusting. Who in the hell wants THAT mouth on their precious private parts? LOL! Ewww factor.

Why shouldn't he ask that? Everybody else did it to him prior to your post. I guess it's okay to moralize the moralizer. I agree that he could have had a much more credible point with a little different choice of wording.

I also think you were the first in this thread to show any wisdom. The problem with your Ewww factor is that the guy who has had is mouth around 60 other genitalia in the last two years, is likely unlikely to tell you about it.

Which might put you at risk, unless he's so "free" that you have some discernment and figure it's maybe not a good idea to say yes to that email offer from a guy you never met before.

To me, despite his coarse language, it means that the OP's original point has some merit.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 18 (view)

If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?
Posted: 4/4/2012 5:25:54 PM
I get the feeling that most women don't think me read their profiles, they only look at the pictures, so they don't put a lot of effort into it.

Then there are a pretty high percentage of women who start their profile by saying that they hate talking about themselves, and then they write 30 words or less and only go that far because the site forces them to. So it's pretty easy to get out of the habit of reading profiles.

In addition, the site has the MEET ME feature that makes it cumbersome to read a profile, but easy to see a pretty face and click either MAYBE or YES, or to immediately send an email.

In spite of that, I try very hard to read every profile before initiating contact. But I think I'm in the minority. I genuinely care more about what a lady writes than how gorgeous she is. I love pretty, confident eyes, but the rest is more about what she thinks.

Just a guess, but I suspect that women who post here are a lot more interested in having their profiles read than would generally be true on POF. Anybody who takes the time to contribute here, and especially if she's good at it put some care into what she wrote and wants that appreciated. But I think most men and women here are a lot more interested in the pictures in the profile than the essay, which is more than a few cases, is not very well done by the general POF profile.
============
Post edit: BTW, just because you read a profile, doesn't mean that you don't miss some stuff, especially not in the essay. The list of favorite things can say a lot. The exclusions can say a lot. And I've had a lot of women who have read my profile, miss some key information.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 69 (view)

Waiting on Sex
Posted: 4/4/2012 10:05:28 AM
I totally disagree with those who tell you that you can't trust a guy who says it's okay to wait. Especially at 21.

The longer you wait the better and the more likely that not only that you'll have a better chance of something long term and real, but also that when your true long term and real comes, that it will be better for you having waited.

The best long term man for you will be more than thankful that you've waited, and there are more out there than are advertised that are waiting for you.

Perhaps not on this site or these message boards, but there are plenty of them.

Stick to your guns. It is way way worth it.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 188 (view)

marriage on the way out?? if not why are there so many divorces?
Posted: 4/4/2012 6:02:15 AM
Marriage is the creation of God. So long as there are those who love Him and seek Him then marriage will continue as the most important institution of any culture. But culture has impact on the details.

The wider the variance between His prescribed details and those of the culture, the less successful marriages as a group will be. It is still the best environment for children to be nurtured and reared. And whether some, even the majority of people disagree with that, it is no less true.

Divorce is culturally easier. When I was a kid, you had to have a reason to divorce, now you don't. And just one person of the couple can do it, and the result can't be legally stopped.

A lot of truth has been written just in this page of the thread. That women are less in need of their men is a factor. That lawyers have changed the rules, to make it easier in order for more lawyers to earn a living is a factor. The general lack of commitment is a factor. That fewer people believe in God generally or find value in doing things his way, is a factor.

But marriage will not become extinct, like the dodo bird. And historically, when variances become temporarily popular, somebody figures out that God's way actually works, and some will make that way more culturally common, just for common sense sake. Married men and women live longer and better.

Wise people figure that out and make the sacrifices necessary to keep their going if it's possible.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 58 (view)

What is the difference between good sex and great sex?
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:16:17 PM
Great sex is a satisfied lady who lets you know afterward uniquely that she's appreciative.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 392 (view)

WHY R OLDER GUYS SO SEXY????????
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:28:52 PM

An older man isn't going to drool and lose his cool over a stick figure... I guess is a better way to put it. He doesn't expect glittered eyeshadow, fake bake, and all that other supposedly attractive terribly disgusting stuff. Because I guess women didn't do that when they were younger. 37 and up, they are after real women, not the posers that think sexuality=skin

And then there is my least favorite, yet popular young lady device, fake boobs. Seldom is there something uglier. A little smaller and natural and soft is so much more desirable, and fun to be around.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 82 (view)

Am I in denial or just a bad person?
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:24:09 AM
I think neither.

The guy was a bum. He wasn't worthy of trust and you rightly didn't trust him. For him to throw it back on you was pretty weak.

His correct response, if he cared for you at all would have been confession and contrition. He did neither.

It's hard to give up a reasonably long relationship, and you are calling that denial. It's not. You've experienced loss. Do a little grieving and then with wisdom, move on.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 31 (view)

First time dating an older man
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:58:20 AM
Generally it is not a myth that it's considerably more common with older men.

Once a guy reaches a certain age, it's pretty common for his prostate to get too large, which messes with his ability to evacuate his bladder. There are several treatments to deal with this, and the majority of them either automatically, or "in some cases," impact the ability to get and maintain an erection.

Surgery to reduce the size of the prostate can cause ED. Flomax, the most advertised pill to help guys urinate more easily has as one of its common side effects that it can cause ED or impact ability to have an erection some of the time.

In addition, prostate cancer is a common problem past a certain age, and if the treatment involves removing the prostate, then that is that.

These are almost all things that happen predominantly past 50.

As was said earlier, ED affects a guy in a lot of ways. So the OP has some valid concerns.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 49 (view)

Natural and hairy women?
Posted: 4/3/2012 5:45:07 AM
Pits and legs... shave by all means.

But much prefer a natural look where hopefully I'm the only one who gets to look.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 387 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2012 11:54:36 PM
And you left out that we actually prefer a little padding on our lady.

How many profiles here say something akin to: "I'm not Barbie." A lot.

Most guys over a certain age find a woman with a 12 or teen dress size to be just about right.

Barbie doesn't interest me, and I really think that once you have some life experience, you get what is really important. Being skinny ain't.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 23 (view)

Is he interested?
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:48:40 PM
I don't think you ever said how far apart you are.

My nephew met his wife online and and via skype they communicate for a long time. He lived in Texas. She lived in Wales.

It took a while, but they found out there were as in love in person as they were online.

I think they've been married a little over a year.

I only bring this up to say that if you guys are like 500 miles apart, then I think the advice about your needing to drop him because if he were interested, he'd pursue you, is bad advice if you're a long ways apart.

I'm not saying that this is going to work out. But sometimes, long distance takes a lot of extra effort to over come. The further away he is, give his motives the benefit of the doubt.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 384 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2012 10:42:05 PM

Pacino's hot too..how old is he?

Pacino will be 72 later this month.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 77 (view)

Are paid online dating sites any different?
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:01:04 PM
Paid sites have two major differences.

One is that it lessens, but doesn't eliminate the bottom feeders.

Two is a negative. There are those sites that have pretend profiles that are there to keep you paying. If you think a guy shaving two years off his age and posting eight year old pics is a problem, how do you feel about a site created fake one just to tempt you enough to keep you interested?
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 3 (view)

Is it unrealistic to expect to find 'true love' at my age?
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:31:32 AM
Monica,

I think it depends on your definition of true love. If you are looking for a fairy tale kind of experience where you see each other and have all this wonderful chemistry and it depends and you date then court then marry and then live happily ever after, then no. I do think many if not most women view love that way, but it's not reality.

Half the profiles on the site that I read talk about having to have chemistry. But that chemistry lasts about two years. Loving is about making loving choices and loving choices are about mutual sacrifice.

If you're willing to really learn how to love, and find a guy who's willing to do the same thing, then it's a lot more possible at 40 than it was at 20, because your life experience will help you get it right.

There is a neat little easy read titled: The Five Love Languages. Under 200 pages. It's not a perfect book, but it has two themes that address exactly the question your asking. And the advice in the second post in this thread is very sound.

Understand what you want. Do what you need to do to make yourself who the love you seek would want, and then proceed with a plan that goes in that direction. If your dating or interaction with men on this site finds you mostly hearing from guys who only want FB or FWB, then quit talking to them and find some guys who have a little different perspective. I promise you, they are here.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 98 (view)

Does sexual desire really decline with advancing age?
Posted: 4/1/2012 10:45:56 PM
Here is the link to a great video on the subject, done by a pastor in Milwaukee. The clip is about four minutes and is hilarious, and part of about four hours of really good information.

But the clips talks about the subject and a remedy when the male desire might wane a little:

http://www.laughyourway.com/video-library/Mens-Sex-Drive/
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 291 (view)

is it harder to date as we get older?
Posted: 4/1/2012 5:13:08 PM

..I recieved an e-mail from a 68 year old male over the weekend wanting to meet for drinks. I perused his profile and was dismayed to read that he does not date woman over the age of 53.
My response was to ask why he contacted me since I do not meet his age requirements, aren't I a little too old for him.
"Nope"....he said, "I would do just fine." WTF?
I shouldn't have carried this on I know but....the devil was sitting on my shoulder at the time so I e-mailed him back and told him I wasn't interested as I felt he was a little too old for me.
Get this......he said he was tired of woman telling him he was too old. Woman don't want to give him a chance. *Big, big sigh*

I think there is a much bigger point in your post.

I see more than half the women who's profiles I read, who have a datable age range from two years older than they are to 15 or more years younger. And then they complain that they can't find anybody suitable.

I think it is a lot easier to date now. My expectations are different. My ability to interact is way better. I'm more comfortable and less nervous.

I've read a dozen times in this thread about how guys want to rush things, especially sexually. There are plenty of women with the same notions. But this is a great place to sort things out. I can tell a lot about a lady by how she interacts in a chat. How quick minded and funny she is. How considerate. If she replies 90 seconds after I've hit send, then that says a lot.

And I've learned that how a lady looks is a lot less important than her poise and confidence. If she has happy and confident eyes, then a little padding in places where it wasn't when we were younger than 30 doesn't bother me. I have a little paunch myself.

I won't date a lady bigger than me, but I'd date someone a little taller. I have before and it was great.

I'm just a lot more confident than I used to be. And I've learned that someone who doesn't find me attractive enough, or too this or that for them isn't so much about me as it's about them.

My expectations are high. But I'm a good guy, looking for a good lady. And I'm patient enough to not "settle." But for me, settling means something different.

Without a site like this, my view might be a lot different. But there are plenty of women here and only one is necessary.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 275 (view)

Why do lots of women find it so stimulating to give a blowjob?
Posted: 3/30/2012 11:17:36 PM
I think at least a small part of it for women is that at some time in their lives, providing sexual pleasure for the guy in the traditional way, carried some concern of pregnancy. That was especially true when they were the most fertile and so it made for a challenge to be uninhibited.

Providing oral, or receiving it took away that possibility. The sex could go on for as long as possible, with as much creativity as possible, and so the control is doubled. First the lady gets maximum control over her guy's pleasure, and secondly, she had this without any working about conception occurring.

For any of us who get great enjoyment from providing that great pleasure, the opportunity to be totally focused on that task, with nothing to sidetrack that endeavor, only adds to the fun and fulfillment.
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 72 (view)

Your most hated sports rival team.
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:16:23 PM
My two favorite teams:

Oklahoma Sooners

Whoever is playing the Longhorns

Show ALL Forums