Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 367 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 10/25/2018 8:57:31 PM
^ It's really just a juvenile smart ass obnoxious remark unsuccessfully disguised as a clever joke that's supposed to make a point, but doesn't and isn't. Just like that one with the little girl on an airplane saying to the atheist adult "you don't know shit". There's a lot of them out there. And they all just sound like what an ignorant kid would say who argues with stupid come-backs.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 37 (view)

Just What Are Women After?
Posted: 10/19/2018 4:42:22 PM
Look man...eight inches by four and a half. And no ED. How 'bout that?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 21 (view)

Nose Picking
Posted: 10/19/2018 4:39:03 PM
can I scratch my ass in public?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1820 (view)

Evolution.
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:53:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySwrhMQdX4
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 551 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:48:47 AM
...still waiting to get ahold of 8 before continuing with 7, though it's out now on dvd. Might even wait till I got 9 on dvd too. Just let it all sit there collecting dust until I have 2 or 3 seasons at once I haven't seen.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 360 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2018 5:13:58 PM

God and a Scientist

The Scientist said to God, God we've decided that we NO Longer need you
We can clone people, we can transplant hearts, and do all kinds of things once considered miraculous.
God said: That's fine but to prove you don't need me, let's have a man making contest, the ONLY requirement is
YOU have to make Man out of dirt.
The Scientist said: GREAT
He quickly reached down to pick up a handful of dirt, then God said , WAIT not so fast,
Go get your OWN dirt.

Then the scientist said "I am getting my own dirt. You get your own dirt. There's nothing that says this dirt belongs to you, so stop trying to claim it. And don't start acting like a baby either. You made the challenge...which we don't even have to take up in the first place...so don't throw any tantrums when we take you up on it.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 79 (view)

Kissing
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:33:59 PM

I have found kissing very erotic specially to woman....

I melt when a woman starts kissing on me.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 57 (view)

global warming
Posted: 9/25/2018 6:32:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBviC797sTk
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 3 (view)

Ideas are fed to us to think about thus obscuring a bigger picture?
Posted: 9/13/2018 6:46:28 PM
To know end. Or to not. That is the question.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 6 (view)

Can A Thought Be An Idea
Posted: 9/13/2018 6:44:16 PM
I thought that I had an idea once.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 91 (view)

Do women want to be judged on their looks?
Posted: 9/12/2018 4:48:36 PM

https://hellogiggles.com/beauty/makeup-none-business-transformation/

And this is why I hate makeup. Oh my god, the pic at the site is horrible. Horrible! The half of the pic that shows the woman with nothing...is beautiful. So I just don't understand it. A woman likes it? Fine. It's her prerogative? Fine. But I don't understand it, and think that this is a major disorder that just isn't being recognized as such yet. That woman is awesome without makeup. Stunning. But the makeup shot...it's horrendous. Bizarre and scary. Yet this is called "glam"? Glam??! Oh holy cow...what happens to a person's psychology that makes them like this and think that it's describable by a positive word like "glam"? Eeww!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 352 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2018 11:04:38 AM

This question is important. Here's the answer. A universe with no possibility of harm and suffering, accidental or otherwise would be a closed universe and one that's inconsistent with human freedom. The seeming absence of God actually promotes man's self-empowerment in the same way that a loving parent allows his child to stumble and make mistakes. It's not because that parent doesn't love the child it's because there is simply no other way for the child to grow into their own strength and ultimate independence. A Journey of Souls at Amazon Michael Mckinney

I have something to ponder: We value freedom so much, and use it as a factor in these types of discussions. However, in a world which was perfect...would we even need freedom in the first place?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 62 (view)

Mens Cologne
Posted: 9/10/2018 10:54:01 AM
^ oh come on, you gotta tell me. PM. (only to know if it's one I feel that way about. Also, it might get sold again if more people demand it.)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 323 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2018 9:57:28 AM
Who created farts?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 133 (view)

Never been married suddenly at 50 you wanna marry someone REALLY
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:39:54 AM

Nobody can judge another person's life or decisions to marry or divorce. What the fuk is the matter with people?

Sure they can. Yes they can. Can too. The real trick...what you should really be saying...is that one needs to be objective, fair, rational, and empathetic in doing so. And that it's hard to know if you reliably have all the info necessary to understand another's life...but it does often happen that all info necessary is had.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 63 (view)

WHAT DOES METRO-SEXUAL MEAN?
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:31:13 AM

It's basically a guy who can look good and turn around get hands deep in on hands projects like repairing an engine to a vehicle, doing carpentry, a jack of all trades with style. Knows how you know clothes should fit and what looks good, personally I wouldn't get manicure or pedicures but I have been knowing to have my daughters put some messed up skin creme on my face. Actually been thinking about that see if it really does remove wrinkles I have no clue, but do face moisturizer as my skin is really dry and peels at times.

But how does "metro" contribute in defining this? Or why did it ever become necessary?

But how does "sexual" contribute in defining this? How does it even begin to have any bearing? What in the above has anything to do with "sexual"...in a way that needs it's own compound word?

I've seen these "family trucks". Gimmie a break, those sillyass things couldn't carry a payload. I highly doubt that you could find one with a stick shift. My old Datsun 620 kiddie truck could outdo any of them. That silly thing had a rating of one ton, because it COULD carry one ton. It was also as slow as a cloud on a windless day. (top speed-72 mph)

Trucks have turned into ugly pieces of shit. It's like today's "truck people" are trying to look like wannabe pimps-players. A person will have to build their own pretty soon...there won't be any available from the factory.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 318 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2018 9:07:51 AM
Oh...eureka. So that's it. God is that dude...or those dudes and dudettes...in that other universe who made and runs a simulation on some kind of computer.

I wonder what it's like for them, or him or her or it, to sit there and observe their artificial simulations trying to speculate about them and wanting to reach out of the synthetic physics of their reality into the realm of the programmers and say howdy. Let alone speak of them as a moral superior. Must be weird.

When you are playing SimCity or WOW or something like that...if a character on the screen were to start talking autonomously to no one but like they're talking to someone, point out that they are ignoring the aspects of their world but instead that they see the screen itself and how it works which seems to be different than how their simulated world works, and declaring that they're speaking to YOU...that person outside of the monitor screen who resides in different physics and a different world...and they demand that you show yourself or say something: I wonder what that'd be like. And what if that character started calling you 'chicken' and making bock-bock sounds to mock you for not responding.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2018 8:49:54 PM

I didn't know this was a thread. This question is actually good as an example for understanding some anomalies in people's use of language, and the damage done by them.

"Metrosexual" is a stupid word, basically. It is internally nonsensical. In that way that "reverse racism" is. Or "feminism"...but in a slightly different kind of way. And it similarly screws up your understanding of the concepts represented by it if you use the word with any seriousness.

Firstly, one must realize and admit that it's trying to designate sexual orientation among other things. Like homo- or hetero-, which is weird. But it's trying to attribute or refer to particular traits of a person as if they normally don't or can't have those traits unless they're homosexual...in other words, if they're heterosexual. The word's validity or necessity can only come from things that it's implying being true, but those things were never true in the first place.

For example, it's referring to a straight man who has a sense of taste or fashion...but in such a way to imply that this wasn't normally true of straight men. And just thinking about that makes my brain mad at me.

And/or it's referring to a man who is urban-oriented or urban-capable. But why isn't that just an "urbanite" or something? Why and how does the sexual orientation have any bearing?

So, in closing, again...simple words have a lot of power, and reveal a lot about a person. If "metrosexual" is a valid, important, active part of your vocabulary, then you must be a moron.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 5 (view)

What Constitutes A Science?
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:06:34 PM
I think I'd say that math is a tool. If and when that tool is developed further, there may have been some science done there.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 29 (view)

Men but not Women will go extinct
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:01:00 PM
There are apparently studies done which suggest differences in IQ between white, Asian, black etc, on the largest scale generally. But then you have something like this...in the vid. I'd spotlight what he says towards the end about how people who aren't in an environment of welfare and victimology do better in the IQ department than those who are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 22 (view)

Life ~ All random occurrences, or not ?
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:26:50 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Livingston-Seagull-Richard-Bach/dp/0380012863
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 312 (view)

Posted: 8/8/2018 4:13:03 PM
Dammit Jim, I'm just a country doctor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2EpgkAz9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeBGdVJqZQ
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 303 (view)

Posted: 8/2/2018 4:33:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaecUuEqfc
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 989 (view)

Sitting, kneeling or hiding out in the lockeroom during our anthem
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:14:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1zbgd6xpGQ
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1791 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/30/2018 8:46:09 PM
I was rushed with that ^. This is a better example, as it is within the realm of dating and relationships:

There is as much difference, and as important of a difference, between the who-pays mindsets as there is between long-term monogamy, polyamory, polygamy, casual NSW FWB sex, etc...between someone who believes in true love and someone who just wants to get off and doesn't give a shit about sharing life or being emotional. You get two people together who're different in these ways and expect them to make some kind of compromise, and then wonder why they'll argue until the cows come home...then you're just not realizing what's really going on. It's like trying to jam two different species together, as incompatible reproductively as dinosaurs and mushrooms are, and being befuddled as to why there isn't any getting-along. These are two wholly different cultures. Different quite a ways down the line on many points. It is definitely not trivial or inconsequential.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1790 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:30:46 PM

"why is everyone so obsessed with paying?"

The reason that this becomes an involved and lengthy topic is because we are not talking about something as benign as it seems. This is not simply about who pays for first dates as if that's all there is to it. This is one of those things which is indicative of whole philosophies and psychologies that are very potentially mutually exclusive...incompatible. It's a clash of cultures with dimensions going much further than who's paying. The two mindsets are VERY different. Violently different. Different in ways which have big consequences and implications. The degree and importance of the difference is like that between fascism and democracy...if one needs an example.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1774 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/26/2018 6:28:23 PM
SomewhereInTheStratosfere:

How about you all STHU. Fair warning, I don't usually report people but the level of nasty here has gone way thru the roof. I have reported this thread, so post at your own peril, you have been warned.!

Kiss my ass. Kiss all of our asses.

Report that. That's a tweet. Tweet that shit.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 302 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2018 5:30:09 PM
Hinduism has said that it's a useless question to ask about the beginning of time; That it stretches back and forwards infinitely, that everything just always has been and will always be.

Turns out...thinking that this is either what scientists have been saying or hinting at, or don't know it yet themselves...in a black hole, eventually, is a whole universe. Inside, there isn't really any singularity but instead space is vast and with no boundary like how we observe it in our universe. Stuff, and space, falls in. And/or time becomes space when crossing the horizon. That's dark energy - the universe's space expanding equally everywhere when the black hole is feeding in this respect. And that's why the quantum foam of particles trying to pop into existence everywhere, seemingly from nowhere. Entropy is "rewound" also.

Our universe has a buttload of black holes, and in each of those is a whole universe, bigger on the inside than on the outside; With no boundary from the inside despite a relative and apparent shape and boundary from the outside. And in each of those universes...more black holes, which each have yet another universe. And who knows how far this goes in the other direction - outside of the black hole in which our universe resides.

So...it just keeps going. Time, space, matter/energy evolution from the earlier stages after what we call a big bang, and entropy rewinding.

Quite an intriguing thought, I'd say.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1657 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/22/2018 3:00:31 PM

how are men ever going to get laid if they don't pay😉

If a man is looking for a whore, then he probably isn't. But if that's not what a man is looking for, then this question doesn't apply.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1639 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:53:26 AM

No, whats disgusting is a grown man trying to use shaming tactics to get women to do something the way he wants it done.

You are a liar. This proves it. At the heart of these disagreements is some women doing the equivalent of trying to shame men into doing what they want. It's right there in the vid as well.

Not simply accepting different dating approaches, but trying to tell men how it's "supposed" to be done. We're here discussing the different approaches, and how they're appropriate or not appropriate. Too much boo-hoo-rhetoric instead of rational analysis from many of you don't help.

why are you so angry?

And y'all need to stop pulling this stunt too. This is a discussion. There's no anger here. You need to stop with the boo-hoo victimhood and projecting. You mad bro? I mean...sis?

Dude, your problem with women and dates is you. Nobody else. If you go to a coffee meet expecting a war, it's going to blow up in your face.

Women should just bear the entire blame for your constant frustration with them, right?

What is the point in remarks like this? What are you talking about??

I musta really hit on something to get these nonsense responses.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1635 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:17:59 PM
^ And unfortunately the ONLY way to know for sure what kind of woman you got on your hands IS to be very picky and uncompromising over even a $2 coffee. It's not the money. It's not gender equality. It's not financial equality. It's not about being fair. It's ALL about knowing what kind of person she is, her maturity concerning relationships and the genders, and her intentions for being on a first date with you. Only way.

They like to talk about 'low-hanging-fruit'...what's bass-ackwards is that this 'traditional' or 'chivalry' stuff is in fact the way for both to end up with the low hanging fruit. If all I gotta do is put out some money and be charming, and all she's gotta do is nothing and be pretty etc...but for claiming that being pretty takes so much work which you owe her for and makes up for everything...that's easy. That's the real low hanging fruit.

These women just plain don't realize how disgusting they are and how little-girl-like they seem because they feel validated by finding men just barely often enough who are on the same page...those men themselves not able to see outside this bubble either, not realizing that it's about power with those women and bowing down to that manipulation because they fall for the belief that it's proper and gentlemanly. What these women really want is a weak man...convincing him that he's strong. The alpha male, in this sense, has always really been the beta.

Yes, I'll hereby wait to receive my plus-ones. Thank you. And thank you too.

Kicking that ass. I'll be here all week. Just another day at the office. Word.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 537 (view)

Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 7/20/2018 6:34:22 PM
Tech30 - Oh, sorry 'bout that. Some of y'all need to use the quote thingamajigs - [ quote] [ /quote]
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1632 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 7/20/2018 6:30:39 PM
Newyorker58:

They should do something to show their good inventions.

The whole point here is that there's something wrong with the idea that a woman doesn't have to show her intentions, and that saying that a man paying on first dates is him showing his intentions is manipulative and dishonest.

MsMicki, whiterose0, browneyesboo ...They just weave bullshit. Don't fall for trying to argue with it too much.

I go out with a man, HE"S PAYING! That's RIGHT! I bet the sound of that is like nails on a chalkboard to the cheapskates

I don't date low class men or cheapskates...I date honorable men

The vid is so cringy, but so revealing...and deserves another posting -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqH1ThEwCA

How does a person NOT think "little girls" as opposed to grown-ups when watching this?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 182 (view)

Girls.. Does this happen to you?
Posted: 7/20/2018 6:05:53 PM

And I've yet to punch her in the throat.

Hahaha!!
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 7/20/2018 6:02:13 PM

People who don't want to "play by (all the funny little) rules" are punished in any society.

Well, sure. But that doesn't automatically justify anything or mean that it makes any sense. Another reality...a good reality...is that many of us try to get everyone to take a second look at all of the things that people insist should be done. And that's often a good thing.

The Number 2 most offensive things MOST office workers feel they have to deal with are Office Politics and "Difficult" Personalities.

The Human race is riddled with bad people, people at various stages of maturity and growth, and people who just plain don't know how to communicate. So, you take an environment like an office where it is the norm and requirement for people to be in closer proximity with each other and have to communicate and work together more than in many other situations...and these realities of people are much less inescapable and can have a great effect on how things work or don't work.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2018 7:52:50 PM

It might shock you to learn that it is an unspoken requirement for women to wear in many professional careers.

No, it's not shocking. That isn't breaking news. That is a problem though - makeup for women has become the equivalent of wearing a tie for men. People should think about the implications if they're concerned about what men and women are valued for, and gender roles.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 523 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2018 7:39:33 PM
whiterose0:

and some men don't like any make-up at all.

There you go. That was easy. The most productive statement/acknowledgement in this little discussion. Not rocket science.

BA:

And what is your relationship history & work history?

Under 1 year & starving artist?

What's your plan for the next 51 years?

Pinning Peggy Sue & flipping burgers at Bob's Big Boy?

God what an idiot.

Tech30:

...regardless of how much men may claim they like "no makeup".

I refer you to the first part of this post (whiterose0).

Thank all of you, by the way, for the entertainment.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 515 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2018 6:30:26 PM

Make-up covers up imperfections, brightens the face and highlights features

Blah blah blah. Just makeup rhetoric lingo. Y'all gotta stop messing with some of those "imperfections". Those are what make you awesome. Instead, we end up with a series of homogenized-looking women. Ick.

siisaa:

Nice deflection...My point still stands

Not a deflection. And your point does not stand. We have been talking about makeup. Not a person putting effort into their appearance. Very simple.

...regardless of how much men may claim they like "no makeup".

It befuddles me why in the world one would think that I'm just claiming to not like makeup as if I had some ulterior motive and didn't know what I was talking about. Jesus woman, I'm 51 fucking years old. You don't think that I'd know whether or not I like makeup? There would be some other reason why I'd "claim" this? Sometimes some of you people are just fucking weird.

This confirms a suspicion of mine - the makeup mindset among women is so strong and entrenched that it has to be defended like one defends a religion that is wacked-out. A man says that he doesn't like that shit, and somehow the women are going to tell that man that he's just gotta be wrong in what he thinks that he likes. He is deluded, is just claiming such-and-such erroneously, and must be set straight by the women of the makeup-culture. What a trip...you people make me bust out fucking laughing at my keyboard. Thanks. Fo-rizzel byatches.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 181 (view)

where'd the sugar go?
Posted: 7/18/2018 6:16:54 PM
I hereby add my approval of browneyeboo's post. Drop that mic.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 505 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2018 10:50:00 AM
BA - there was no threat. And I didn't say punch. I said backhand. There, that's accurate.

Fact of the matter is, men respond more favorably to women who put some effort into their appearance.

We are not talking about putting out effort. We are talking about makeup.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 499 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2018 3:53:37 AM
And you're still lying. We all know who you are because of stunts like "longest relationship under 1 year". This proves how you argue. You are more worthless the more you post.

I've already dared you to dig up that post or any others for all to see so that we can see if you're honest about your interpretation of it and the conversation. You haven't done so yet.

- P.S. in other post: It even looks like in her no-makeup pic that she does indeed have makeup on to simulate a "natural" look. Why?! Why does it look that way...or why did she do that?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 497 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2018 3:33:37 AM

A woman can be both feminine and strong.

But why does this ever have to be said? Why are these two things held to be potentially mutually exclusive? It always struck me as being like "the ball is blue AND round", as if normally if a ball is blue, it wouldn't be round.

If a woman is also masculine at home or during dating, I would expect that the man would be more effeminate

But why? Why would you expect that? What do you mean by masculine? Why can't you have two people in a good relationship who are both "strong"? Or do you mean masculine is a little different than just being strong? Still wouldn't make sense though. For one to be masculine, the other has to be effeminate? This will come down again to what we all think that we mean by masculine and feminine...and too often we're wrong or ineffective about how we employ those concepts.

I was raised to be able to do BOTH male & female things

What is a male or female thing though? Is knitting a female thing? Is a man who knits effeminate? Wrong. Big time wrong. Is driving a tractor a male thing? Is a woman who drives a tractor masculine? Wrong.

When I've gotten the most male attention is when I put forth effort into my appearance with makeup, contacts and skirts/dresses. When I'm barefaced with glasses & the jeans, T-shirt & sandals combo - I am virtually ignored. I, too, call bullshit on this whole "men prefer women who look completely natural" campaign.

Ok, pay close attention to these little details...

I have said that I prefer a woman with no makeup. However, that doesn't mean that I think that she is better looking. The woman with makeup might be better looking, but I wouldn't know until she takes off that damned makeup. With her makeup, she might be better looking...but only with the makeup. And if she's better looking with that makeup, I don't want her.

A woman without makeup isn't automatically better looking, but to many of us she is better looking than the one with the makeup...even if the latter is better with the makeup - the fact that it's the makeup is what cancels out that effect.

When you're all running around endorsing certain definitions of what a woman looks like derived from makeup-use, then that's what a lot of males will operate according to: You have only yourselves to blame. You're doing your part in conditioning many men's perceptions. Perceptions which only makes it harder on you women. Know how various media keeps putting forth a certain image of a good looking woman? Ideas which don't match up to real life very well? And there are many women who are sexy as hell but just not skinny as hell...but they experience a lack of attention or responses because of men's perceptions conditioned by media? Same thing. That's what you're doing with this makeup shit...and the experience you shared above doesn't validate using makeup.

Your experience is not simply a lack of responses from males...instead, it's a matter of getting responses from one type of man versus another type of man. What you're really saying is that you want men, or responses from men, who respond to a particular appearance-psychology; Who like you because of your makeup, not because of what you really look like and not because they'd know good-looking if it bit them in their arse. And hell, it's at least possible that if you went with one of them much-fewer-responses men because of no-makeup, you find out that you like that man much better than the others. Maybe not...but maybe. Look, so much of what people express in here is because they attract a certain reality to themselves and aren't aware of it. If you have a certain experience and interpret it a certain way and like or don't like it...make sure you re-think how you might be creating a certain reality for yourself.

You also have the problem of women's faces not being allowed to be healthy and naturally good-looking because they keep fucking with their faces and putting all kinds of shit on them; If a woman really does need makeup to look good, it's because she's using makeup. Moreover, if a woman even after all this just genuinely isn't attractive without makeup...with too many of us the makeup isn't going to help. It doesn't change things. Why make it worse with makeup?

The short version of some of what I've said here ^ is that if you don't get many responses without makeup...it might just be because you're ugly. So you lie if you use makeup. If you get men who're ok with this, fine. That's y'all's prerogative. But this doesn't invalidate a man's preference for no-makeup.

P.S. - Look at madameboisseau's profile pics. Look at that one without makeup. She's very attractive without the makeup (even if she's using that technique wherein she has makeup to simulate a natural look...still validates it). And notice that she even has to make an extra mention of it, almost like it's a bad thing to not have makeup. So why all that makeup in the other pics? Does she get responses that way? Sure, she probably does. But why? And does that mean that men who prefer no makeup are full of crap? No. That's dumb. I've had too many almost-girlfriends myself who looked good like this, but sometimes wanted to do that makeup thing...and it ended up being a dealbreaker. No joke. Total turn-off. Her prerogative, sure. But she'll have to get a man who likes that. Not me.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 69 (view)

Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.
Posted: 7/18/2018 2:26:24 AM
Oh god shuuduuup woman. The bubble is strong with this one, I swear. You are blinded by your righteous passion honey. Do you not even care that you've created a bubble for yourself? This is an example of how to say some things which are true, but be wrong in what your saying...be completely ineffective in what you claim to be trying to do. Look, you, when you keep jabbering like you do and constantly weaseling sideways then not enough people are going to want to listen to you...you're another who's doing more harm than good. You really want to fight against these injustices? Then stop playing such fucking games. If you make no attempt to stop these games, that sends the message that you don't really care about certain injustices. Screw your head on straight woman.

That's right...I said "woman". And "honey" too.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 162 (view)

CLEAVAGE
Posted: 7/18/2018 2:18:03 AM
Oh now wait a minute...

...it shows me that he's not really interested in me, he just couldn't get the girls he actually wanted.

I think that this is sometimes a big mistake. Not always, definitely. But often enough. Just like how you built up this image in your head about him which was wrong...there could be any number of factors at play during this course of time which at any given moment led to him asking one out versus the other, and it not at all mean that you're not someone that he "really" wants. This includes, for example, that he may not have even known the others, and doesn't or didn't even know you very well - when you choose someone to ask out, and don't really know them well, what are you going by? How can you know who you'd "really" want?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 300 (view)

Posted: 7/18/2018 2:08:47 AM
Oh well shit here we go again. Who are you people? The anti-religious claims that science answers all the questions? "Cannot even explain how life began or how consciousness exists"? Damn, take all this jive talk back to the sewer already.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 25 (view)

Donnie Or Donny?
Posted: 7/14/2018 8:00:18 PM
What will America do, if Donny won't leave?

Y'all realize, don't you, that it's not even possible for Donny to successfully refuse to leave?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 444 (view)

Posted: 7/14/2018 7:47:39 PM

A guy in coveralls is much more attractive than a guy in a suit to me.
If a doctor, lawyer, or a president of a company was to ask you out, would you turn them down because they aren't scuzzy looking enough? You could always ask them to roll around in mud or pour motor oil on themselves before taking you out. I guess Melania married Donald Trump because she mistook him for the handyman at Trump tower.

I wear coveralls. And they're nice. Nice looking. Since when were coveralls scuzzy? And where did all this motoroil come from?? What the hell you talking bout?

Most men say they prefer a more natural look.

You would be surprised at all the makeup that translates to 'invisible' or 'unnoticeable'.

No, you'd be surprised how many of us aren't surprised...

...this is an example of a weasel argument. If you use makeup in such a way that you're fooling the man into believing it's natural, that only means that you're good at creating the illusion...at lying. And most importantly, look at what you're making him believe that it is - natural. He's in love with the natural look. This proves that he prefers the natural look. Just because you fake it and lie to him, and he believes the lie...only demonstrates your talent for dishonesty, but says nothing against wanting that natural look. In fact it proves it.

Let's say there's a set of identical twins standing side by side. One has sweats on and a plain ponytail, no makeup and runners and the other has a nice little black dress and wavy hair and makeup with heels. I call complete bullshit on who you'd want to be with more

See...this kind of question doesn't help directly in arriving at something, but it shows the way the person forming the question thinks; It reveals that there are still people out there so handicapped in their perceptions.

"One has sweats on and a plain ponytail, no makeup and runners"

You can already see the erroneous thinking coming.

"and the other has a nice little black dress and wavy hair and makeup with heels"

These images just have way too much implicatively attached to them that might not be valid or applicable. But here's the most important part:

"I call complete bullshit on who you'd want to be with more"

I always feel like a sucker when explaining what I'm about to explain. As if this is all a put-on...do I really have to? Ok, here you go -

Foremost here is the idea that the appearance of each twin is what matters. As if there's nothing else to it...deal is done...etc. I see these two twins next to each other and I might look at the "dressed up" one...I'll look at a shiny car going by just because it's there, but that's it; Doesn't mean that I want it. In fact, when it comes to cars, I might be really skeptical as to how well it's designed...thinking they're trying to sell it based on good-looks versus being worth a shit. Can a sharp-looking car be good in it's design...can a dressed-up woman be worth a shit...of course. Yes. (And conversely, do I want my quality woman to look sexy? Yes.) But why am I going to assume some level of quality or experience some level of desire so quickly and in such a shallow way? I won't. Someone can call bullshit...ok, remain dumb about other people if you want - not gonna change how I operate.

Then you have the fact that I might think that the dressed-up twin is just trying to communicate that she's available and looking...the other might not be "on the market", not unattractive, but just doesn't want to be bothered...so I might consider the dressed-up twin. Some would call this manners.

But then...the twin who isn't dressed-up just might happen to not be dressed-up at the moment, but be just as interested in finding a boyfriend as her sister...

...which leads to my biggest point personally. I'll notice the dressed-up girl, but I'll also notice the other one. Put all the stock you want into the effects of being dressed-up...but I'm considering the other one just as much. And I do mean exactly as much. I'm looking for cues that certain traits might exist, and not disregarding her just because she isn't all-dolled-up-and-shit at that moment. That's fucking stupid.

And exactly how is the one dressed-up? Exactly how does the other look in her sweats? What is a "plain" pony tail? Pony tails are sexy. Runners? Jesus fuck...the dressed-up one has something over her sister because of runners? RUNNERS?? And then...drumroll...no makeup. Someone will insist on calling bullshit, but I'm already looking more at the no-makup sister. Definitely. Don't mean I'll think she's better looking...I'll have to look and see. But it does mean that I don't think that the makeup is better looking. In fact, with that makeup, I won't be able to tell so I'll lose interest. Wipe that shit off and let me see who you are woman. Stop being a little girl and be a woman - take that shit off.

...what's ass-backwards about this is that while this might be presented as a shallow way of operating, someone who just insists on believing that everyone operates like this...that they'd automatically want the dressed-up sister over the other one but "just won't admit it"...this shows that the person who insists that people must operate this way is in fact being shallow about it themselves.

Well, it you look for psychological reasons, for men, femininity does appear like weakness and for many men, really feminine women are ideal because they have an aura of weakness to them that translates to needing a man more for security and safety. All human beings need to feel needed. Women who are less feminine tend to need men less. Relationships thrive when both individuals can bring different skills to the table.

Eeww. After 30 or 40 years of adult living, I still wish that people would stop defining femininity as being weak. That was so cringy back then, and still is. The perception that weakness is a necessary definitive of femininity is one of the things which messes up discussions on such things because it messes up people's understanding of those things. We need weakness for that aura of femininity? Eeww. No we don't.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 385 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2018 12:24:33 AM
And now you lie. As usual. Except that, yea, tongue-in-cheek I guess.

You'll respond with quoting what I posted...but will you give an honest and fair characterization of the conversation?

Anyway, I originally came to this thread to post:

...and the only worthy response to "Why do men lie to get a woman" - Why do we perpetuate the manipulative mischaracterization that it's a general practice of men to lie to get a woman? Or the manipulative mischaracterization that it's rarely a practice of women?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 54 (view)

Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:18:41 AM

I feel like someone is asking me to prove water is wet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyqOSUlR2A
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 29 (view)

Why Use 'Do So' To Denote An Action &c?
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:01:45 AM
Well really, I'm not an English teacher but I kinda care too. I'm not too anal with it, would be dumb if I were. And while I occasionally complain about certain linguistic glitches in people, I am far from able to speak properly myself and I know it.

But I know how much difference it would make if everyone were not only better educated concerning their employment of language, but if this practice was maintained post-education in how our world operated.

Because "speaking properly"...I quote this because we'd be hard-pressed to decide on which version of 'proper' or how far back in time to go for our standard or how strict to be...but again 'speaking properly' is not just about how you speak. The effects of how people speak and communicate run very deep. It has a great influence on maintaining I.Q. in people and discourse between people. There is a very strong mutual relationship between how you think and how you speak.

One potentially thoughtless go-to remark on this topic is about how language evolves because of things like slang and such (and such, hehe); And the implication is to legitimize all instances of sloppy or uneducated language-use. But that's wrong - language shouldn't evolve because of ignorance or lack of education, but instead because we've developed new concepts and understandings of those concepts which words are symbols for, and find new ways to express ourselves, but responsibly...and because we exercise the prerogative to be creative and playful and poetic sometimes. But definitely not out of a disdainful attitude towards language itself, or ignorance.

For me, most instances of noticing a bad way in which someone is speaking...is really about something erroneous or detrimental in how they think or their personality. Not just how they're talking.

I keep forgetting to use the word "yonder" more. Always thought that word was cool. I always want to get in the habit of using it, but keep forgetting.

After posting this, I'm gonna (gonna) go and look at another thread over yonder.

Show ALL Forums