Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Found a great gal, now she is fighting for her life. Do I stay, run, or what!
 m68
Msg: 83 (view)

Found a great gal, now she is fighting for her life. Do I stay, run, or what!
Posted: 9/26/2011 9:11:04 PM
pypelayah You're a tool and have nothing more than that to say..one day you WILL GROW UP !!!! You're PATHETIC!!!!!!
 m68
Msg: 80 (view)

Should we, over 30, continue to wait for the one or adapt to what little is available?
Posted: 9/24/2011 8:28:47 PM
I Agree with you valenciacityx...Never settle...if you know what you want..go for it...I would rather be on my own and happy than be with someone that I settled for or who settled for me...sooner or later you'll just find yourself on your own again so why put you and or them through that? Will admit I have made some unwise choices but,at the time have never settled....just found out they were later on they were not who they appeared to be! Will say that dating today it soooo much harder than even 10 years ago...ok now I feel old lol
 m68
Msg: 469 (view)

Never married & no kids
Posted: 6/21/2011 6:53:22 PM
Sometimes life gets in the way and didn't think there was an "age" when you had to have kids and be married in order for people not to think you're wierd lol
 m68
Msg: 52 (view)

~*The Nicest thing a member of the opposite sex has ever done.*~
Posted: 1/19/2007 7:19:40 PM
Well for me it was a friend who I love that let me into her life and showed me what it is like to have a family!
 m68
Msg: 370 (view)

Where did you go to high school?
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:22:51 PM
Grantham High in St.Catharines Ont.
 m68
Msg: 53 (view)

What did you miss at Christmas?
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:51:36 PM
Christmas just hasn't been the same since my dad passed..he always tried to make it special,so would have to say that I miss that the most,along with having someone to share it with and then of course the snow we didn't get !!
 m68
Msg: 256 (view)

Thirty and not married
Posted: 11/11/2006 8:10:46 AM
Well...38,no kids,never married and a romantic and a nice guy too....maybe some one should just shoot me now !
 m68
Msg: 44 (view)

Frustrated with the whole dating after turning 30?
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:20:06 PM
Well we are still out here..the guys who call just to say hi and to hear your voice,and love it when you call just to say hi too! If you feel there is bs then don't waste your time calling them..if someone really cares about you then to hear your voice should put a smile on their face and make their day!
 m68
Msg: 40 (view)

Will a non smoker date a smoker ?
Posted: 10/10/2006 7:37:03 PM
Hey eveyone...I am glad to see that those of you who don't smoke have given a smoker a chance,and to those of you who said there are no respectful smokers..well you are wrong! I was with a girl for five+ years and for the first 3 she never saw me smoke. The only reason she did after that is because she lit one up and handed it to me. After reading all the posts there really isn't a definate yes/no answer but you have given allot of insight as to what both sides think about the subject.
 m68
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/9/2006 7:59:45 PM
Thank you for your replies! I am at least a respectful smoker and I don't smoke in my apartment and won't smoke in the car with a non smoker,I believe in respect for other people around me and no I would never blow smoke in someones face and won't throw ashes at you or on you :)
 m68
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/9/2006 7:43:48 PM
Hey all....have been wondering this for a while now and maybe you can help? I am a smoker and have found myself overlooking profiles of women that do not smoke as I think they would not want to get to know someone who smokes. Some of them are ones that I think that I might be a good match to,so my question is should I let them decide or should I stick to a lady who smokes? Thank you for any insight you can offer as I am sure I am not the only one who has thought about this.
 m68
Msg: 397 (view)

m68
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:55:10 PM
Thanks for your suggestions and have made some changes already....keep up the great work!
 m68
Msg: 377 (view)

Posted: 9/27/2006 5:56:07 PM
Hi kris1082. can you have a look at mine and make some suggestions on how I can improve it,any help would be appreciated.Thanks :)
 m68
Msg: 10 (view)

Are we more than just friends?
Posted: 4/16/2006 7:06:13 PM
Hi Jasmine

Well just my 2 cents worth but if you are interested in him as more than a friend then talk about it. If you truly have a good friendship then it can take it even if it doesn't work out. Who knows he may be thinking the same thing and may just be too affraid of asking ? I have just gone through a similer situation and although it didn't work out for me we are still friends because our friendship was strong enough to go through it. Take the chance because if you don't then you will wonder "what if "....and that is a question that you don't want to leave unanswered. Hope it works out for you and keep us posted on things ok. Just remember you are not alone and there are some really good people here that will offer their support and will be here if you need to talk about it. Take care and good luck !
 m68
Msg: 14 (view)

Would You Tell If You Cheated??
Posted: 11/17/2005 7:50:48 PM
Have never and will never cheat on the person I am with...if there is something that wrong with the relationship that you need to cheat....then leave.
 m68
Msg: 5 (view)

Holding Hands
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:48:10 AM
Love to hold hands,walk arm in arm,arms around each other or a kiss ! There is nothing wrong with showing that you care about someone by showing affection in public....within reason :)
 m68
Msg: 37 (view)

Hamilton Area
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:50:58 PM
Count me in too !
 m68
Msg: 2 (view)

Surprised
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:53:18 PM
Hey that's great that you have made a connection !!! I hope that it goes great for you and that does make you a very happy girl ! Congrats and keep us up to date.
 m68

Hamilton Area
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:26:40 PM
Hey all...I live here too but,I know there are more of us that live here. Think maybe we should go and track them down lol
 m68
Msg: 4 (view)

A few of my friends and myself
Posted: 8/14/2005 2:28:43 PM
If you ever come out my way let me know....might be nice to meet you even if it's just something simple.Hope you had fun where you ended up,you have a nice profile too :)
 m68
Msg: 2579 (view)

Let ME analyze your profile for you
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:11:03 AM
Thanks for the advice spderwoman....consider the changes made ! You are providing great advice for those of us who are profile challenged
 m68
Msg: 2 (view)

A few of my friends and myself
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:50:56 PM
Wish I had known that sooner :)
 m68
Msg: 30 (view)

If no spark..would you be friends?
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:31:52 PM
I think that if you do have enough in common with someone who sends you a letter, that even if you do not find them to be someone you would have a relationship with, that you would not discount them as a possible friend. I have sent out quite a few letters to ladies that I think I have something in common with and for whatever reason they have opted to pass and that is fine but,if I received a letter from someone that I did not think I would want to have a relationship with, I would not pass them by as a friend. I mean you can never have enough friends.....at least true friends. I know that this is a dating site but I have found a couple of really great friends here that I would not trade for the world.
 m68
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 8/7/2005 9:21:07 AM
Well everyone has had some great insite into this. I don't know if it's just me or not but,does it seem harder these days to meet people out there. I don't mean just as friends but overall? People these days seem so much more guarded and don't open up as much as they did even 10 years ago. I know that things in society have changed alot and not always in a good way but,I think that people are getting too wrapped up in things that do not add to their life.
 m68
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2005 7:23:01 PM
Irish.....I agree with you and what you had to say about not understanding if there is no spark why not at least be friends. It is hard enough in this world to find someone who is a true friend and will be there for you when you need them,so why turn down having a friend? Makes no sense and as you also said,you might have a friend who would have been interested in him and vise versa...so his loss. Not having you as a friend and possibly missing out on someone you knew. One of the people I used to know and was my best friend was a girl,we did alot together but,neither one of us was interested in anything past a friendship so we knew where we both stood and we were both fine with that.
 m68
Msg: 2424 (view)

Let ME analyze your profile for you
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:27:38 PM
I have changed mine a few times but,would like your advise.....and thanks for all the time you have put into answering everyones questions. :)
 m68
Msg: 29 (view)

Long-Term Relationships
Posted: 8/6/2005 6:19:02 PM
Hi crazy03....Well I can honestly say that I am looking for a long term relationship,starting out as friends and going from there,so I put "dating" as to what I am looking for and hope that it will lead to a LTR.
 m68
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2005 4:52:26 PM
I was glad to see everyones response . I know that I found a couple of great friends here that I wouldn't give up for the world ! And Knight Rider I know what you mean, relationships can come and go but,if your lucky your true friends will be with you your whole life,and if your even luckier you'll find the one to spend your whole life with,and they'll also be your best friend. Now all I have to do is find that one special lady and the circle will be complete. Good luck to all in finding what it is that you are looking for,whether here or elsewhere.
 m68
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2005 3:50:31 PM
Had a quick look around and don't think this thread has been done before.....so the question is. If someone sent you a letter and after reading it and checking out thier profile you were not attracted to them as a partner,would you consider answering them and seeing if they would want to be friends. I realize that this is a dating site but,I think I can safely say that most of us have met some really good people here that will be just friends.
 m68
Msg: 226 (view)

Who IS serious about finding someone here???
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:49:27 PM
I am serious about starting a relationship and seeing where it will lead. No luck yet but,I will hang around for a while longer and see what transpires.
 m68

Getting over it - moving on
Posted: 8/3/2005 6:24:22 PM
Pick up the pieces and move on.....no sense in sitting around and wollowing in it ! And if your lucky you'll learn from it too.
 m68
Msg: 11 (view)

long distance romances
Posted: 8/1/2005 11:31:36 AM
Hi cruizinchic....All I can say is that unless you or him are willing to move to where the other one lives,then I say move on ! I recently ended a long distance relationship,it wasn't long distance to start but,it had been for the past 2 years. It was very hard to be so far away and after 2 years it had taken it's toll on things. So I would have to say that in "most" cases long distance relationships don't work out too well. I agree with what someone else said here...find yourself a nice local guy and move on ! There are lots of us around :)
 m68
Msg: 18 (view)

longterm relationships and being faithfull
Posted: 7/30/2005 8:41:36 AM
I have never had a problem being faithful and would NEVER consider fooling around. If I am with someone in a long term relationship,then they are the one I am with and no body else. I can honestly say that I have never and will never be unfaithful. I actually just ended a relationship which for the most part was a long distance relationship for the past 2 years, and even though we only saw each other once a week due to distance I never even considered stepping outside of the relationship.
 m68
Msg: 24 (view)

I give up! LMAO
Posted: 7/23/2005 10:01:31 PM
I don't think it is so much a need for a response but, when you see the letter you wrote left "read"....what are we supposed to think ? If you're not interested you could send a quick "no thankyou" or you could "delete" the letter we sent. At least that way we know you're not interested and you don't have to waste your time writing a thank you note :) Any guy that has respect for that won't send a nasty e-mail back. I have only had two people I've writen to send a no thankyou letter back,and I sent them a nice and quick note to say thank you for taking the time to let me know.
 m68
Msg: 13 (view)

A fellow plenty of fisher, gone but never forgotten...
Posted: 7/22/2005 4:07:47 AM
You're welcome Irishgal21....if there is any justice in the world when they catch the person they will rott in a very hot place !
 m68
Msg: 8 (view)

A fellow plenty of fisher, gone but never forgotten...
Posted: 7/21/2005 8:21:09 PM
Irishgal21....So sorry to hear that news..so sad..so young! My thoughts will be with you and his family and hope that they find the people responsible for this.
 m68
Msg: 7 (view)

~ THE REBOUND DATING RULES ~
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:30:32 PM
Well I have to agree with what others have just said...there is no set time....when you're ready,you're ready and you will know it. I guess to it all depends on how the relationship ended as in was it a surprise or was it something that was expected,and your feelings had already changed for that other person. Just don't rush into something if you know in your heart that you are not ready, because that would not be fair to the new person in your life or to you.
 m68
Msg: 9 (view)

In need of some serious prayers or thoughts...
Posted: 7/12/2005 7:58:58 PM
You have my prayers Irishgal21. Hope you hear good news about him,and that he found safe and sound. Keep us up to date,and remember there are lots of people here who do really care :)
 m68
Msg: 31 (view)

would you date a stripper?
Posted: 7/10/2005 9:01:16 AM
As long as they repect themselves and don't do any type of drugs..sure. After all it's not the job that matters but the person. I have never known or met ( that I know of ) an dancer,I guess since I don't frequent clubs but,would not say no to dating one,even seriously if she was the right person for me.
 m68
Msg: 21 (view)

Hypothetical situation
Posted: 6/7/2005 9:13:48 PM
Hope you got your purse back and then hit him with it and then walked out ! Your purse as well as a wallet is "your" personal property and no body has the right to go into it without your permission. If he has the nerve to do that...what else does he have the nerve to do? That should be a red light !!!!!!!
 m68

do the majority of guys lie on these sites?
Posted: 6/6/2005 6:54:50 PM
Well to add to what has already been said here :).....As far as I have found out most people I have had the pleasure of talking with have been up front and honest. I know I have been,I have been up front and honest in both my profile and in the questions I have answered to people. I sometimes think that I should not be as honest but,in the long run it is only me who would be loosing out so why bother,and I also don't want to hurt someone else either. I know there are alot of players here both men and women but,I think you will find that on most sites. All I can say is be careful and watch your step and ask question after question. It helps too if you know a few people here that you trust as someone else mentioned...bounce your thoughts off them and see what they think! Above all don't condem all for the mistakes of a few,there are alot of really good people here that do tell the truth :)

Good luck!!
 m68
Msg: 7 (view)

heartbroken...
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:16:05 PM
Well I agree with everyone here......you don't need that in your life and you deserve better too!!! He is playing you and probably trying to keep you on the back burner if things don't work out with his "friend". Don't let yourself be dragged into his lies and don't let yourself be a door may either. Tell him to take a perminant break and get him out of your life. It will hurt like heck for a while but you will be better off in the long run. Good luck and there are lots of us here you can talk to and lean on if you need to.

Take care ok :)
 m68

this is a great site
Posted: 5/9/2005 4:09:30 AM
I agree....this is a great site and I have met a couple of really great friends who,without this site I would have never met ! So thanks to the ones who made this site and keep it up and running !!!!!
 m68
Msg: 24 (view)

When they say they are looking for friends
Posted: 4/26/2005 4:06:08 AM
Dance...I understand that they want to start off slow and that is why they are only looking for friends but,they should be upfront about thier intentions. Other wise people who are looking for only friends are wasting thier time writing and then the person who posted the ad is also wasting thier time by having to read through all the e-mails they received from those looking for friends that don't know that they are eventually looking for a partner ?
 m68

When they say they are looking for friends
Posted: 4/25/2005 4:37:19 PM
I think this is a problem for both male and female..asking for pics. I have exchanged a few letters with people and then they (ladies) ask for a pic and then I never hear back from them? Ok I know I am not a "10" but I also don't think I am a troll either lol. Just to let you know and before someone asks....I have never asked for a picture from anyone I have mailed yet,as I am only looking for friends and as someone mentioned above....who cares what you look like if you are only looking for friends? If someone wants to send me a pic after we start to talk then great, as it is nice to see what that person looks like but,it is in no way how I choose who to chat with and see if I can get to know. I have one lady that I met here and we have been talking for almost eight months and I have never seen what she looks like and also don't care. She is just a really good friend who also doesn't care what I look like. There are far too many shallow people here....too bad cause there's lots of nice people that they are passing up on because of thier looks.
 m68
Msg: 15 (view)

Friendship..
Posted: 4/23/2005 9:15:03 AM
Klo your last line said it all.."you wanna help" That is the hardest part when you know you want to help because that is the type of person you are...someone who cares about thier friends and wants to see them through the bad times. But if you wait for them to change "eventually"...you may be waiting forever and in the process hurt yourself more then ever. You sound like a really nice person and one who does not desere to have this in your life,so move on and count it as a life lesson and learn from it. True friends in your life will be there forever and will recognize what you have done for them,and would in turn do the same for you.....do you think that this person would do the same for you if the situations were reversed and you treated him the way he treated you ? Friends are supposed to add to your life...not take away from it.
 m68
Msg: 12 (view)

Friendship..
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:28:17 AM
I think at some point in time everyone has been in that situation. You need to come to terms that they may never change and you need to cut them out of your life. Someone who's actions cause you to have sleepless nights is not worth having in your life. I know that from time to time friends will cause you great heartache but,sooner or later they turn themselves around and things go back to normal. You stuck with them through the storm and now the waters are calm. But if they constantly cause heartache,get away from them and end the friendship or else you may end up suffering more then them,and you don't need that in your life.
 M68
Msg: 8 (view)

Men/Women Friends Yes Read On No...please explain
Posted: 4/19/2005 7:32:43 PM
Well from personal experience I know that a man and a woman can be "only Friends". When I was younger.....mid to late teens/early twenties,my best friend was a girl. We were together all the time and where always joking around. People always asked if we were dating to which we said no. We never had sex and it was never even thought about between us,we always knew where we stood in our friendship and never crossed that line. When she was having a rough time with a guy she would call me or if she needed advice she would call. She did have girlfriends too that she would hang out with but,for the most part it was me she would hang with. I don't think that there is any secret to having a guy as a friend as long as you both know that,that is all it will be. I have always had more girls as friends then guys and think that is likely to change anytime soon. Only trouble is that these days it is hard to find a woman that believes you when you say that you are only looking for friends and nothing else ?
 M68
Msg: 86 (view)

A Question for the MEN
Posted: 4/17/2005 9:51:11 AM
Well the first time was great...fell in love and the relationship lasted for over 3 years
Felt nervious before
And felt closer after

Another possibility for him holding back is that he may be scared to death of you becoming pregnant ? You might want to ask him about that,and if that is part of the reason make sure that you both take all the precations you can for that not to happen. If he has waited this long he must have a true caring nature to him and as others have said here...he is one in a million so hang onto him. Good luck and hang in there :)
 M68

Need opinions: is she justified??
Posted: 4/16/2005 7:58:20 PM
Hi ladyravnos....well I think your friend was totally right in what she did for a few reasons. One...she needed to know the truth and judging by what you said it was obvious that she was not going to get the truth from him. Two...She did not deserve to be cheated on !
There are many reason more why I think that she did the right thing,all in all I hope she finds herself a nice guy who won't do that to her again and one that she can trust.

Show ALL Forums