Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Faster, faster, FASTER from girlfriend during sex = problem?
 james home
Msg: 35 (view)

Faster, faster, FASTER from girlfriend during sex = problem?
Posted: 8/22/2008 2:22:41 PM
I can't handle this happy ending - its just too perfect and complete - the end.

My advice is tell her about this forum thread - then get back to us.....
 james home
Msg: 1 (view)

Look - but don't touch!
Posted: 8/22/2008 5:08:38 AM
I always considered men to be more vunerable to being turned on by visual stimuli - legs in short skirts or heels etc. Women, maybe you want to tell me I'm wrong. Has anyone played that teasing game where the female partner creates a situation by allowing her man to look but not touch? How did it feel? I went through that once and it was so hot. Maybe it works the other way around, and women can be teased that way?
 james home
Msg: 55 (view)

Dominate Women/BDSM
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:35:42 AM

S/D relationship can be one of ultimate trust and openess

I suggest that trust is a subset of openess, and that openess is close to or equivalent to love. As such, there is a real connection between BDSM relationships and true love, involving an intensity that I believe is rarely experienced by vanilla oriented couples.
 james home
Msg: 35 (view)

Russia invades Georgia
Posted: 8/12/2008 5:25:41 AM
It appears Russia has good reason to protect the majority Russian population in South Ossetia, and it seems understandable to want to soften forces in the vicinity. It is clearly tragic when civilians suffer, but as in all wars, that include US high altitude bombing in Iraq, civilian casualties are inevitable.

Statements like 'Russia invades Georgia' are alarmist, and a great deal of US reaction has been unbelievably hypocritical. Ask yourself how the US would react in similar circumstances. We remember how quick the US was to invade Grenada when it began leaning to the left, and how the US has fuelled wars in South America through their support for dictators and fascists in oppressing populations struggling for degrees of equality and freedom.

So why was the first reaction of western media, including the BBC, to condemn Russia?Focus should have been directed to criticizing Georgia for its aggression in South Ossetia.
 james home
Msg: 15 (view)

Do men really like Dominant Women?
Posted: 5/11/2008 1:01:55 PM
I'm completely turned on by intelligent dominant women.

Stupidity and dominance don't hang well together.
 james home
Msg: 8 (view)

Drag Racing USA - for the uninitiated
Posted: 1/26/2008 5:20:16 AM
Hi Race Girl,

Think it would be best to carry on by email or MSN. Can you leave me your email address or Messenger ID by leaving a message on this site? I tried to leave you a my details but you're not accepting messages from people outside the USA - Thanks
 james home
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2008 2:13:10 AM
Many thanks for all this - I'm going to be offline for the next couple of days - but catch you at the weekend.
 james home
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2008 1:49:34 PM
Hey, that would be awesome!

We are flying into Atlanta - looks like car rental might still be the best/only option - also wondered about train to Gainesville and then taxi. It's less the economics of travel by car, just somewhat daunting the thought of driving in the US (on the wrong side of the road) and getting some big size motor back to base in one piece. But no matter - looking forward to it!
 james home
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/21/2008 4:46:31 AM
Yes, nice picture.

We get some TV coverage of drag racing in the USA - but it's always on the smaller channels or late at night. I saw the John Force crash and couldn't believe it. Do they know what caused it? It's one hell of a sport, and if the Health and Safety authorities really knew what went on I guess they'd stop it. I mean driving, or even standing behind one of these cars, or a jet car!

We have a drag strip - Santa Pod - and it gets OK when the European teams join us, but nothing like the US: so looking forward to it.
 james home
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2008 1:27:08 PM
Hey, sounds like you are well connected. I'm a big fan of Melanie Troxel. You say John Force is still struggling; is he walking again, driving, or what stage is he in his recovery?
 james home
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/20/2008 9:04:42 AM
We are two musicians, both from southern England and flying out from London.

We're going to try get to Nashville and Memphis afterwards and check out some US blues - see what's happening on the music scene.
 james home
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2008 6:10:09 AM
Many thanks for that helpful advice Race Girl.

I'll certainly target being there in time for Friday night.

I'm wondering if it might be best to rent a camper van to sleep in, if they are available at the airport or nearby. Or if you know anyone in Commerce (especially within 2 miles distance of the dragway) that would be interested in accommodating two paying lodgers then please feel free to send details directly onto my profile page.
 james home

Posted: 1/15/2008 7:32:21 AM
I'm going to watch the drag racing in Atlanta in April. Any idea for making the most of the visit would be appreciated.

What is the best way to get from Atlanta Airport to the dragway (other than by renting a car)?

Do tickets sell-out, or can you buy them at the entrance?

Are reserved tickets worth paying for?

Is camping at the circuit a sensible option? Otherwise, where does one stay when all the hotels in Commerce are sold out of rooms?

Etc...
 james home

Bush sells $20 billion in arms to Saudis
Posted: 1/15/2008 7:21:07 AM
Surely this isn't the same Mr Bush that is a committed Christian, a fighter for democracy and freedom - you know those qualities that the Saudis are so well known for.
 james home

Ethanol Killing the Enviroment
Posted: 1/1/2008 12:58:57 PM
And vegetable oil production is also causing massive damage, where rainforests and woodland habitat are being destroyed in countries that include Indonesia and Brazil to make space for palm and soy crops. The attendant issues of GM crops, pesticide and fertilizer application apply equally in these countries too. Biofuel is not the answer, with the exception of wood chips, that do have a role to play.

We must, as a matter of urgently, learn to consume less fuel, at scales that I expect are largely achievable by more efficient usages.
 james home
Msg: 15 (view)

Congress/Bush bans Lightbulbs??
Posted: 1/1/2008 4:41:25 AM

China is not a democracy

I wasn't suggesting that China is a democracy; I just don't see the relevance of the country's political status to your point.

I'm also not suggesting that life in non-democratic countries is necessarily any better (or worse) than democratic countries. My point is that, with all it's other failings (e.g. the party with the best advertising campaign is most likely to win; what do you do if the "wrong" party wins an election? - a fascist party or Hammas), democracy plays to human nature's tendency to greed. We naturally think short-term and vote for whoever can put most in our pockets (e.g. tax-cuts are a sure-fire political winner).

While a benevolant dictator could offer as good a lifestyle as any democracy, I'm inclined to think that democracy, or communism in some forms are the best moral options. However, the way that democracy is conducted in the much of the western world, it is not delivering a sustainable lifestyle or future for our children.

China and India, for example, are ignored by the Kyoto Protocol.

China and India are not ignored by the Kyoto Protocol. Full recognition is given to the fact that it is impossible to ask the countries' populations do live without fridges and cars while we in western countries live such resource-intense lifestyles - they have to be allowed to catch up to some degree, and Kyoto does offer rewards to sustainable development intitiatives in developing countires.
 james home
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2007 6:43:03 PM

According to the Kyoto Protocol and its adherents, China, the world's largest carbon emitter, and any other country that isn't a western democracy, should build as many coal fired generating stations as possible. The only outrage in this scenario is that the West, through carbon credits, isn't paying them to build those plants.

This is a very strange posting; Kyoto Protocol adherents aim to reduce carbon emmissions, and do not suggest building as many coal fired generating stations as possible. I don't know why h0ldfast cites China as being a non-western democracy, or what point he/she thinks he/she is making by making this point. Western democracy is dedicated to jam today and forget tommorow - a very outmoded model. I don't understand why h0ldfast thinks that it is an outrage that through carbon credits the West isn't paying China to build coal fired plants - explain what you mean.
 james home
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 12/31/2007 7:38:41 AM

China has built 6 new coal burning power plants this week, where is the outrage????

Well it is outrageous, but the sad thing is that anyone living in the top 10 economies is not in a position to criticise, because we produce and consume so much more (http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/imr-ri.nsf/en/gr-05290e.html) than the Chinese and have so much greater income (http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:00qbcXp0Vb4J:siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/GNIPC.pdf+income+per+capita+world+rank&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=uk ).

Seems to me we would be on safer ground to be outraged by our own extravagant lifestyles, and get our own house in order before being outraged by Chinese growth. It might also be worth remembering that a lot of the energy generated in China is being used to fuel factories supplying products to Europe and the USA.
 james home
Msg: 21 (view)

what sexual practices classify you as a freak?
Posted: 12/30/2007 5:34:06 PM
I don't like the premise that anyone could be classified and written-off as being a freak for being open about their sexual preferences. Safe, sane and consensual is all that I would expect of anyone.
 james home

A New Cold War?
Posted: 12/22/2007 5:38:42 PM

war is now (for all intents and purposes) quite inefficient to the real end game of control. The new face of war is an economic one

Yes, the US discovered this too - eventually. The Vietnam war didn't succed, but decades later the Vietnamese have somehow come to accept trade with the US and permitted its accompanying cultural imperialism.
 james home

A New Cold War?
Posted: 12/22/2007 8:16:38 AM
kalamazooger;
I agree with what you are saying. A frightened population gathers around it's leadership, in unity, with a shared sense of purpose. Does anyone have any ideas for countering these dangerous games played by politicians?

One hope, I think, is to reinforce business connections, so that good relationships between countries have the effect of benefitting trade and economies. If it is in industries' interests to share good relationships then governments will listen.

Another approach could be to increase cultural ties through communication e.g. via the internet, tourism etc.
 james home

Posted: 12/21/2007 9:48:24 AM

1. 92% of all electrical energy in France is from Nuclear Power. If it is good enough for the french, why can we not do it?

Snails and Renault cars are good enough for the French - but you be mad to buy either.

It is very very unlikely that French nuclear power is viable, and will be heavily subsidised by government in one way or other. Plant manufacture and decommissioning is hugely expensive; no one is prepared to insure the power stations against accidents; waste disposal and transport is an enormous issue; the whole industry is enormously vulnerable to terrorism; uranium is a finite resource, available in-part from unstable countries, and will rapidly become scarse; say it takes 25 years to plan and build a nuclear plant - what will be the economics of it then?; attention on nuclear diverts resources from renewable energy sources technology (wind, solar, wave power).
 james home

Posted: 12/20/2007 4:45:45 PM
"Banning light bulbs" scare-mongering rubbish!
It's amazing how producers of old tungsten bulbs have held onto their market for so long. They are inefficient in their production of light from energy and have a very short lifespan. In these days of global warming we must do all we can to reduce fossil fuel consumption and increase efficiency.

New Nuclear plants ( A zero carbon footprint option)

What rubbish.

Uranium has to be mined and transported accross the globe (zero-carbon? How?)

In addition, uranium is a finite resource, no-one has found a way to safely dispose of reactor waste safely, and it is impossible to insure a nuclear power station against accidents/terrorism etc. If you think nuclear power is a good investment then consider why you aren't investing in it.
 james home
Msg: 9 (view)

Generals Speak Out On Gay Acceptance
Posted: 12/20/2007 4:28:01 PM
This should be such a non-issue. I cannot imagine why anyone would be interested in someone else's sexuality. Do we need separate debates on people into S&M (clearly half of Abu Graib staff), people into worshipping women's feet, people into sniffing knickers, need I go on?
 james home
Msg: 29 (view)

London's 2012 or the Vancouver 2010 Olympic logo?
Posted: 12/15/2007 7:51:28 AM

Personally I think a GCSE graphics pupil could do better than the £400,000 logo they have developed.

This reminds me of people that look at top-rate abstract art and say "my two year old could have done that" - I say to them "well go-ahead and get your two year old to do it"; make a fortune. Of course what is going on is people's utter failure to recognise other people's talents. Good art doesn't have to be immediately likeable or recognisable as a characture. I'm sure you'd all like your art to be as close to a photograph as possible, and the 2012 Olympic image with London buildings represented there somewhere, or the British bulldog or lion or something - but no we've dared to be different and successfully avoided some naff emblem.

I can't even recall the Chinese or Canadian Olympic logos - and yet everyone is talking about the London logo. In fact, it's also hugely versatile, in ways you will discover. When you get used to the 'shock of the new' you may even grow to like it.

Wow, how people like to criticise and put anything new down.
 james home
Msg: 17 (view)

Sex slaves
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:04:52 PM

i really wish we could just create new threads without the worry of the link trolls waggling their fingers.

You are so right, these self-appointed guardians of good taste, who think they know what is best for the "community".
 james home
Msg: 7 (view)

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:48:25 PM

Don't you have to "trust" a partner in that sort of thing?

All relationships require trust - the greater the imbalance of power, the greater the level of trust involved - think about parent/child, dentist/patient, pilot/passenger, bank manager/depositor. BDSM can involve power exchange, as in the case of the suggested chastity device where power is handed from the man to the women - and there can be a thrill in having powerlessness or complete control for the respective practitioners. It's hardly uncomon for people to have bondage fantasies, which I guess are based on the thrill associated with these conditions.

I agree that psychologists are unlikely to recommend a device dependent relationship. I have never liked dependence on anything - but have no problems with lifestyle choices.
 james home

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/11/2007 11:02:07 AM

Yes he certainly is an odd one--to say the least...
I say lock up the little sucker......and throw away the key

Thanks darling; next time I want some abuse I'll just post on a PoF Forum

that is their choice don't try to call them out for that other wise one might just start to think you might be a troll

Thanks for the well meaning advice - but frankly, they can think what they like so far as I care.

Several have suggested that the OP may want to be dominated.

And so should we start to stereotype everyone who showed an interest in this thread? Perhaps you are a closet dominatrix? There are a multitude of facets that make up every persons sexuality, no one is "normal", and it always surprises me how people (and the media) just love to pidgeon-hole people as being gay or whatever. Really it's none of their business and shouldn't be of any interest.
Of course it could just be that the subject interests me from psychological and mythological perspectives, and hence the reasoned approach to my contributions. In fact, I could be studying for a PhD in psychology - believe what you will.

How do they pee? They have a key? If so, so much for the belt.

Yes, I think they may just have worked that one out. Try a search on CB3000
 james home

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/10/2007 4:40:43 PM
I completely agree with your point Marc, but the fact remains, in the real world, people do cheat, and partners are not always trusted. A chastity device, in theory, would seem to constitute a solution - more than that, a sex aid between a couple; I mean imagine being entirely dependent on your partner for relief.
 james home
Msg: 3 (view)

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/10/2007 4:04:28 PM
Interested to note that 3 people have voted to delete this thread - is this discussion so offensive, inappropriate or what???? Surely, those people can just move on without involving themselves. Why do they feel obliged to be anonymous censors and judges of "good taste"?
 james home

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/10/2007 3:24:44 PM
Agreed, but some women just seem to relish, need or want a degree of control and/or security. And really, why should a man object, when he has eyes for his partner only?
 james home

Men in chastity
Posted: 11/10/2007 3:12:06 PM
Can men be trusted, or is it reasonable to lock a male partner in a chastity devic?Surely he wants his partner only, so should not object. He will look forward to seeing his partner all the more and will be more keen to please her with a view to obtaining permission for relief. And there will be no arguments relating to the nights out, business trips etc.
 james home

CBT
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:50:20 AM

Why a guy would get off on have pain inflicted to his balls is beyond me.

I think some people get off on the pain, and the shot of endorphines that are produced naturally as a result - just like those who like being whipped.

For others, I think you have to look beyond the pain. Maybe there's something about giving your manhood to a woman, relinquishing control over that which you hold most dear.
 james home

CBT
Posted: 10/17/2007 6:15:27 AM

Sounds pretty sick to me

Interesting point that - sick or not sick?

I would argue that everyone has fantasies they might believe to be abnormal. It is probably healthy to acknowledge them, and act them out so long as they are safe sane and consensual. I don't believe fantasies are sick; I think that when their realisation is uncontrolled or damaging then that is when things become wrong. You could perhaps argue that lack of self-control or poor judgement is sick - not sure?
 james home

Taking Control, Help Please!!
Posted: 10/4/2007 8:33:53 AM

when he's down on his knees you ask him

And I guess you are going to wonder how to put him there - look dominant, dress dominant, act dominant and use tease, promise and denial. Train him like a dog, if he does what he is told then reward him - use punishment and reward as appropriate. Don't let him take sex for granted - it is something you reward him with as he learns to obey. Tease and denial will make him go to all ends to please you.
 james home
Msg: 27 (view)

Why don't more women seek or enjoy femdom relationships?
Posted: 9/22/2007 3:23:59 PM

where do I sign up???

Well there are plenty of men out there, who just love to be bossed around by you Women - sounds strange but its true. But like other things, its not what you do, its the way that you do it; there is an art to being dominant, that can be learned either in childhood or sometime thereafter. It's more than "signing-up" though, and at its best involves deep and profound love founded on mutual trust, respect, and understanding.
 james home
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 9/22/2007 3:18:30 PM

What is switch?

A switch is someone that can feel equally inclined to be Dominant or submissive - perhaps depending on the partner she/he is with.
 james home
Msg: 26 (view)

Dressing up in the bedroom
Posted: 9/19/2007 2:42:06 PM
I like the expression " a woman's best asset is a man's imagination", and hence covering up works to a point. Dress that focuss' attention on some parts of your body works well, such as thigh boots combined with short skirt - awesome 'cos its a massive tease too. Then anything that fuel's your partner's deepest fantasy - and we all have one, even if we might not admit it - is irresistable.
 james home
Msg: 12 (view)

Fighting for freedom
Posted: 9/19/2007 2:06:16 PM

If you argue for someone's freedom, then (by extension) you are handing them their right to their own destiny - and where ever they want to go with it.......You go and invade Iraq, and the people want sharia law and an Islamic state the next morning ?

I agree with what you are saying - trouble is people are never free unless perhaps under an idealised form of anarchy. I have no doubt that many Iraqi's would prefer Sharia law in preference to Democracy, and that whichever system resulted it would leave a large proportion feeling disatisfied and with lost control over their own destiny. And so even at best, our efforts in Iraq could have only served to make some people feel free and others trapped, in a new balance of power.

Sometimes I think that any system could be better or worse, in equal degrees - communism, Islamic law, democracy fascism and anything in between - it depends only on how the sytem is run i.e. its not what you do, its the way that you do it.
 james home
Msg: 11 (view)

Fighting for freedom
Posted: 9/19/2007 7:51:08 AM

I lived in NYC on 9/11, and too me there ain't enough punishment that the middle east could pay for what they did that day

And I'm sure there are many Iraqi's who experienced "shock and awe" and US high level bombing activities and say "there ain't enough punishment that the US could pay for what they did that day". And so the hatred is perpetuated, and I guess that's why religion is based on thou shall not kill and on forgiveness - hatred must stop somewhere, so Paganknight it would be cool if you could be at least a bit Christian and participate on that score.

Paganknight, are you saying that all middle-east countries, the mothers, fathers, children should be held liable for the actions of an internationally based alliance of terrorists? Terrorists have few connections with countries, OK I know that the US has funded terrorist activities in South America, and Iran has probably helped fund terrorist activities in Iraq, but Al Qaieda operates beyond geographic definition - it is an ideology; we are not fighting a country; we have to deal with a view on life that is different to our own. Violence, as always, is not going to help, only make things worse.
 james home
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2007 7:26:41 AM

Fair point****for brains

Lol - that's how you signed off, so just cut-and-paste.

switch

See you know the terminology - I guess a lot more people are involved in the scene (or have done their homework), than one might imagine or would admit.
 james home
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2007 2:16:38 PM

seems to me that the majority feel that a D/s relationship has to be something harsh, dark and painfilled.

I agree with you 100%; and as you pointed out, people involved in such relationships are just the same as anyone else - but perhaps just a bit more in-tune and honest about their sexual motivations. BDSM relationships can be extremely loving and profound.

And Domination is an art, with techniques that many might not be bothered to learn if the role does not come naturally at first.
 james home
Msg: 9 (view)

Fighting for freedom
Posted: 9/18/2007 1:52:09 PM

Muslims hate everything christian and it has been that way for centuries.

That is simply untrue; and you just can't generalise like you mean each and every Muslim hates Christians. There are so very many instances of Christians and Muslims living peacefully together. There certainly are people from all religions that hate what the US and other Christian countries are doing in the Middle East and in Afghanistan - and to be honest who can be surprised. I mean suppose Iraq came over to the US to try and rid you of Bush, starting with shock and awe, then destroying your infrastructure, killing and torturing innocent civilians, destroying your most precious cultural artifacts, setting up a new government for you on the basis of Muslim philosophy - wouldn't you hate them? The thing is, war creates hatred.

People in this country need to understand that and it will not end with Iraq. We have N. Korea, China, Iran, Mexico and parts of South America that are in fact helping terroist.

The more wars you fight the more hatred you will generate, and the more terrorist acts will take place. The US needs to understand that people have real reasons for hating some of the things it does and the way it treats the world, its citizens and the environment, and that terrorism is frequently an act of desperation - the only way some groups feel they can bring about change or resist US imperialism. Of course terrorism will never succeed either, and can only similarly result in more hatred and repression.
 james home

Fighting for freedom
Posted: 9/15/2007 5:02:57 AM
Some people would say freedom of speach comes high on the list - and in my opinion it does. And it is good that we can speak relatively freely online like this, but I wonder what the limits would be? But what I really wanted to say was that I feel our freedom of speach leads us into a false sense of complacency, because once we have had our say then I see governments go ahead and do what they want anyway. I'm thinking of the mass anti-war protests in the UK prior to Christain shock and awe in Iraq, and the psuedo consultation processes we have being set up in the UK over issues such has new house building. And of course, consultees are so vulnerable to being fed false or biased information. I'm not supportive of anarchy, but how does one hold government accountable? Elections are not specific enough, to far in between, and in practice usually only one of two parties are likely to gain power.

The only good Moslem is a dead Moslem

Not quite sure what that was meant to mean? But I hope you don't believe in murder. The huge majority of people in this world are ordinary human beings, just living there daily lives like you and me - there is absolutely no reason to wish them harm whatever their religion might be. And in reality, most people these days are assigned a religion in name only - for example I might be classified Christian, but am very open-minded about other religions and never go to church. Phrases like "The only good Moslem is a dead Moslem" seem lazy, short sighted and calculated to breed hatred of a broad category of humanity; and hatred breeds hatred.
 james home
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2007 4:25:32 PM

dominating a man is about power, not sex.

Some would say that power and sex have a connection. Perhaps the thrill over having complete power over someone - so much control that you can humiliate them.
 james home
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2007 3:49:59 PM

Perhaps some of us are just born with it.

I have met women who were born dominant, others who discovered the power they could exercise early on in life, and others who realised much later the pleasures they had missed thus far.

Other women are naturally submissive, and I guess many more have been taught to be submissive to men.

I suspect most people don't even consider these thoughts, put them out of their minds, or reject them for fear they might be deviant in some way.

As observed in the previous post "there is dominance and submission within us all to varying degrees", and such inclinations are not unnatural. I think most people are submissive in some situations while being quite capable of being dominant in others.
 james home
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2007 8:46:10 AM

To me that sounds like teasing

Teasing is a significant part, but it's bigger than that. It involves exploration of different ways of teasing, the paradox of cruelty and beauty coming together, the wonder of power, the release of power by one person and the assumption of that power by another. A veritable playground! You are right that we play those games throughout life, if we are clever and aware enough, but the Femdom relationship can place them in erotic context.
 james home
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2007 6:05:36 AM

they do. it's called marriage

Fair point****for brains, some people's marriages can be like that, often as a result of greed or laziness, and lacking the mutual consent element and erotic charge that can be acheived through care and attention.
 james home
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 9/14/2007 3:39:58 AM

Here's where you're all going to hate me. But in general, at least within the last thirty or so years, women have only recently began to be seen as 'equals' in the whole sex game.

No, lol, we don't hate you for that - you are quite right, and the same applies to politics and the workplace. Maggie Thatcher showed how strong women could be in politics, and we have recently seen female rule in Jamaica, of course Angela Merckel in Germany, and it's bubbling under the surface in France and Pakistan. Female power is very seductive - you should have seen the reaction of British politician around Maggie (e.g. Alan Clark) - maybe it stirs images of a mythical Goddess figure?
 james home

Fighting for freedom
Posted: 9/13/2007 1:57:48 PM

It wasnt a personal insult just an observation

I don't buy that. It was your completely unfounded opinion, and not an observation. But I'll leave it to someone who can be bothered to debate the virtues of rude and aggressive agruement.

Have you ever lived in a Muslim country?

Short answer to that - yes.

This conflict is at its core one of modernism versus tribal Islam. It has been coming for a long time, irregardless of the West's mistakes in dealing with the Middle East.

Agreed, but aside from the point.

The invasion of Afghanistan was justified by the Al Qaieda presence.

From that viewpoint only - there might have been some point in destroying the training camps the US helped build to train Taliban fighters and confront Russian attempts to control Afghanistan, except that Al Qaieda are extremely mobile and omnipresent, so that any efforts to suppress their activities in Afghanistan would always be futile. Maybe oil pipelines and proximity to Russian territory were more likely reasons in reality.

If the US was strictly out for its own interests, this is exactly what we would have allowed to happen.

I agree with very little of your scenario, and can't imagine that it would be in US or Bush family interests to ignore their "friends" in Saudi, or to allow oil fields that are crucial to the world economy to fall into the hands of such a regime.

oil would be a lot cheaper.

Oh really - how interesting - and what a happy ending to your macabre scenario.

Show ALL Forums