Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Beards??? What is going on?
 Applette
Msg: 261 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 3/17/2013 3:52:49 PM
You grow a beard because you can't grow anything on your head!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 260 (view)

Beards??? What is going on?
Posted: 3/17/2013 3:49:20 PM
I thought I was the only one noticing that!!! Ugh .... and the problem is these guys don't know how to look after all that hair on their faces .. Women I believe generally prefer men who are clean shaven ... But don't stress ... just pass them by as they are not going to change ... and who wants to bother anyway .... All has to do with personal grooming .. and if that is the best they can do .............. can you image what is happening elsewhere!!??
 Applette
Msg: 326 (view)

LYING ABOUT AGE ON DATING PROFILE!
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:12:32 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how many times I get from guys .... "Age is just a number" .... when I tell them I don't want to date or get involved with younger men. And guess what ... they are right .. if it feels right for you and for them go for it .... I think there is just too much focus on the age of a person. If I meet a man and he looks older then his age but I like his company .. well I will date him .. IF IT MADE HIM FEEL BETTER by scrapping a few years off ... well who really cares at this point especially with all the plastic surgery that is going on .. women today are beginning to look very weird to me and I am a women.

Cheers!!!
 Applette
Msg: 46 (view)

Definition of financially secure
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:00:35 PM
I have read profiles from men who request that the lady be financial secure .. apparently he does not want to support a woman ... anymore then a woman wants to support a deadbeat man .. and trust me guys there are just as many of those scrolling thru the profiles looking for a mark! But in a lot of cases what is written is not necessarily what is meant ... for example if I were to say I would like a generous man ... put the radar down fellas .. it means generous with time and patient with sharing information.
 Applette
Msg: 56 (view)

Why do woman think an hour away is too far for a relationship?
Posted: 10/4/2011 5:02:48 PM
They don't want to share the duties ... just like me! I hate driving to see someone .... men don't seem to mind it ... but I want to be more spontaneous ... furthermore ... what if you got serious ... would she have to live in that small town with you or are you prepared to move? That could be a kicker!!!
 Applette
Msg: 47 (view)

Can women smell another woman on you????
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:00:09 PM
It is called a lack of desperation! Woman don't want to hook up with a man, and I am sure it applies to woman as well, that come across as needy. Maybe you just give off a more relaxed image and therefore more appealing.

And no ... most women don't want to smell B O .... if a woman's scent is still on you, man you need to bath!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 87 (view)

How many others here are trying to have a relationship with a dead body?
Posted: 3/16/2010 5:54:31 PM
Hey Steve ... most women don't have to get drunk to have sex ... just the ones that are with you. Go figure!!!
 Applette
Msg: 86 (view)

How many others here are trying to have a relationship with a dead body?
Posted: 3/16/2010 5:52:16 PM
Happens all of the time .... once a man has his pleasure ... he is as good as dead!
 Applette
Msg: 29 (view)

Relationship Advice Needed !!!!!!!!
Posted: 3/10/2010 5:35:31 PM
I think it is really interesting how some young people really think their lives thru .. and others just fly by the seat of their pants and land comfortably as well. From my own experience and planning one must be prepared for the unexpected. It would be curious to know how either one of you would handle a crisis in your relationship. I don't know of one marriage or relationship which hasn't had its moments.... It is good to plan but what is to say that in all your academic progress and planning of the future that your careers enfact cause you to drift apart. I think after this length of time .. you should be thinking of getting a committment from him or moving on. You may be getting stuck with a guy who is a professional student ... they simply cannot function outside of learning invironment.
 applette
Msg: 107 (view)

Definition of love
Posted: 2/21/2010 9:39:18 PM
There is as many definitions of love as there are people.

Therefore I can only speak for myself ..... love is not what you can get from someone .. it is a special feeling someone gives to you, and you feel it .. grab it .. hold it ... and if you are smart you return those feelings!

That is what I am looking for ....... it is so simply! The only thing that people seem to have a problem with ... is they make it conditional. Love is not conditional ... it is given freely with no strings attached .. no games .. (those that do play the game don't experience Love) ...
just be honest with yourself ..... and hopeful find the same in someone you want to give you heart and soul too and with the grace of god they don't destroy it!
 Applette
Msg: 43 (view)

Caught up in the moment and didnt use protection!
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:39:36 PM
I am inclined to agree with you superfedz ... think they deserved each other!
 Applette
Msg: 42 (view)

Caught up in the moment and didnt use protection!
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:38:45 PM
You sleep around much? One date and up hop into the sack! No wonder he is concerned .. even thou he is just as bad as you are ...
 Applette
Msg: 27 (view)

What else do you want to know about me?
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:35:32 PM
Give me a break! Guys rarely put anything in their profiles .. but I find women go on and on .. about a wish list which if I were a guy I would run to the hills!
 Applette
Msg: 26 (view)

What else do you want to know about me?
Posted: 2/15/2010 2:32:39 PM
I know what you are speaking of from personal experience ... solved the problem by putting my concern in my profile .. PLease read it if you are interested .. and I have not had that problem since. Guys need to be told everything .... don't take anything for granted because they have two brains ... one they rarely use and the one they would want to use more if you get my drift .. so they will try to get by on as little as possible ...
 Applette
Msg: 88 (view)

Is she too young for me?
Posted: 2/14/2010 11:33:53 AM
It is highly unlikely that her parents had anything to do with her dumping you! You are trying to save your ego and it is very apparent ... fickled to some degee? ... lacking in maturity? .. you make me want to puke all over your sandels!!!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 15 (view)

One night together, then...
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:17:26 PM
I think she was faking it! You were not that great in bed!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 221 (view)

Dating someone who`s a Cigarette Smoker and your not.
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:12:18 PM
Sorry people ...... I am a avid smoker ... love it! Tastes amazing .. my best friend at night as I watch that little flame in the dark! hahaaha ... I think of Betty Davis .. ummm a true classy smoker! And what amazing eyes ... glazed over with smoke as it drifts upward ........... lol ...

I would rather be a smoker then an over eater ......... which to me is a greater health hazard then a smoker ..... now we in Canada have a weight problem almost as great as the States and Great Britain .... maybe the government should be taxing the hell out of fat people .... see how you like it!!!! Trust me it will come to it ... as it is far more costly to insurance companies then smoking ever was. Now that I am on topic of bad things for people .... how about drinking ... kills far more innocent people then a smoking every did .. never heard of smokes being an excuse to beat up the little woman ... or destroy families .... Put that in your pipe and sm oke it ..... !!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 220 (view)

Dating someone who`s a Cigarette Smoker and your not.
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:02:21 PM
Bully for you!!
 Applette
Msg: 35 (view)

Third Date Rule
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:40:44 PM
It is amazing how quickly guys lose interest in a girl when they discover she is not pulling at the reins to hop in the sack with him. I have absolutely no rule about when it would be appropriate to sleep with a guy ... IT COULD BE NEVER ... but we just may like to hang out together .. enjoy each others company! The rest will follow if the connection is there ...
 Applette
Msg: 924 (view)

why do men think they can use women for sex?
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:20:14 PM
Yes .. you deserve exactly what you got! You made such an issue about not having sex ... he proved to himself that he can get whatever he wants anyway. And you proved it. Why in the world would he want to see you again! Silly woman ........
 Applette
Msg: 119 (view)

He lied about his age...only by two years....should i be concerned?
Posted: 2/3/2010 4:01:17 AM
LISTEN UP PEOPLE!

People lie about a lot of different things for a lot of different reasons! They did an documentary on the subject ... BOTTOM LINE ... don't throw stones unless you have never lied about a single thing!

Think about it ........ I WILL BET MY LAST LOONIE ON THE FACT that everyone at sometime has told a lie ......... does that make you a bad person?

According to all the young guys who hit on me, age is just a number! And they know how old I am because it is in my profile. And I know what they want .... so being honest about it ... does not seem to matter to some .......

So the next time you are a little hungover ..... or too tired to go to work ... don't phone into work and tell em your sick or your favorite Aunt just died!

Chow!
 Applette
Msg: 18 (view)

Is this considered a legal question?
Posted: 2/3/2010 3:49:41 AM
Maybe your underwear fits her better then her own! Who knows and who cares. Take it to Judge Judy .... she will figure it out for you!! hahaha
 Applette
Msg: 11 (view)

Feeling lost
Posted: 2/3/2010 3:44:19 AM
If for no other reason, you should break up completely with this guy, for the welfare of your child. When you dropped that little bombshell into the equation I knew that something far worse was happening. If you cannot feel good about yourself and your life ... trust me when I say your child is feeling it too. A child is only as happy as his mother! You are the person who brings stability, love and care into his world ... and your first priority should be the child.

In any event the guy does not sound like someone who I would want my child to pattern his/her life after ... think about.
 Applette
Msg: 31 (view)

We need to talk
Posted: 1/31/2010 3:02:22 PM
What happened to self confidience in young people today? So what if he wants to break it off .... it is isn't the end of the world ... at your age and with your looks there is so much for you to see and do ... As my mother would say ....... the world is your oyster ... so a find the pearl!!!!!
 Applette
Msg: 137 (view)

Dating within' your League
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:50:36 PM
Yes .... I am shallow ...

And I am in a league

1. Looks
2. Position at work
3. Financially stable
4. Age
5. Weight
6. Height

All those things matter to me and it annoys me when someone who looks like Frankenstein's brother contacts me!
 Applette
Msg: 136 (view)

Dating within' your League
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:44:19 PM
If you want continueous rejected ... then by all means contact people who you know would not be interested in you because of your looks or job or social position. Yes people there is a league ... and you know it.
 applette
Msg: 12 (view)

How much can YOU ignore?
Posted: 1/20/2010 4:00:44 PM
Wow ... so what do you plan on being when you join the F B I ..... maybe the mark?

Are you nuts ..
 applette
Msg: 36 (view)

Help a sistah figure this one out.
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:54:46 AM
I think what happened is your pictures are not at all like you are in person! They appear to be rather youngish looking and maybe be was expecting something else because from reading your post I would never of expected you to be in forties .. maybe 17 or so ...
 applette
Msg: 19 (view)

New sex robot - Bye bye POF !!
Posted: 1/12/2010 4:28:32 PM
I watched a show on t v about "The worst ways to die"... well this brilliant guy hooked up electrodes to a cows heart and managed to electrocute himself because when he stuck his penis into the large vein it didn't give him enough of a buzz so he cranked up the voltage! Men will go to any lengths to get their rocks off so I am sure they will find a way to create a robot to satisfy themselves.

And women think sex is about the ultimate human experience between a man and woman ... how silly is that?
 applette
Msg: 50 (view)

Your dating theme song?
Posted: 1/11/2010 5:29:13 PM
Mine is ...........

'I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW!" ... does it ever work ... it is optimist too!
 applette
Msg: 41 (view)

BF not as attracted because of my weight
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:17:18 PM
I always feel a little sad for woman who gauge their happiness based on what the man in her life thinks of her. Isn't the most important thing here right now your health? And how you feel?

I think he is very insecure. Maybe he is fearful that you will become less attracted to him and you will find someone else. Just because he has blessed you with his attention
does not mean that he loves you
just based on the fact that you are overweight. Do you not watch the trillion shows on television about weight and how this society is so unhealthy because they cannot stop eating?

Tell him to get over it ... Your health is more important then his itty bitty feelings about keeping you plump. Any way what kind of a guys looks at other women anyway when he is in a relationship. ?
 applette
Msg: 92 (view)

Are ya ever just really relieved.....?
Posted: 1/4/2010 11:13:01 PM
You are without a doubt right on the money! I have asked myself that same question so many times .. before I have gone out on a meeting! The effort sometimes is just not worth it and surprise, surprise ... it wasn't when you finally land there ....... ummmmmm! They are such a big fat disappointment! But don't you think we are to blame to some degree ...... ?
 applette
Msg: 38 (view)

Do old men(over60) find it awkward dating young girls?
Posted: 12/26/2009 8:18:23 PM
Darlin
I have the same problem with younger guys ...... if you younger gals want to get off on older dudes .... ummmmm .... more power to you, but I find them simply unapepitizing in more ways then one .. give me the young guys as they are so much more knowledgeable in the pleasures of women ...... and omg ..... their bodies are so much more amazing to enjoy. Unless he has a big fat wallet you are really wasting your time!!!!
 applette
Msg: 20 (view)

Woot Woot!
Posted: 12/25/2009 10:55:07 AM
Woot! Woot!

You cook for me like that and took me on a first meeting that sounds like so much fun ... I would fall for you like a ton of bricks!

Good luck!

Don't think you need it thou ... you have imagination! Kudos to you!
 applette
Msg: 17 (view)

Discovering an ex-beau on a dating site
Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:00 AM
Grow up and be a woman of substance. What are u .. a jellyfish? Sorry jellyfish have more of a spine then you ....... you are the master of your universe ...... if you don't acknowledge this fact then u are fair game and open to all kinds of abuse!

And to all those women who are going to pander to you ..... tell you what you want to hear ....... tell em to screw off .... their way will never solve what issues you have with men.
 applette
Msg: 39 (view)

Just flat said
Posted: 12/17/2009 12:19:47 AM
Five seconds is the longest! Well for me anyway!
I have sat thru some very boring guys yaking about everything and anything and finally decided my time was far more important than their deceit!

You are the master of your universe! Use it ..... with a smile!
 applette
Msg: 33 (view)

Stood Up and Excuse Is Lame!! Or is it?
Posted: 12/17/2009 12:15:29 AM
First and foremost!
Why did u plan to meet at a restaurant... why not a coffee or a drink/ One way or another someone has to pay for it even if it does not click! Personally, and not to be offensive, I think a number of ladies date guys to get the meal of the week!

Think about it!
 applette

My first POF date, such a strange turn...
Posted: 12/16/2009 6:20:29 PM
The games people play ...just from reading the responses from others. Doesn't make any sense to be .. what is wrong with the honest appoarch ... a simple phone call no later then the second day to suggest another date should be more then adequate. If you get a no ... is there any harm in asking why rathering then second guessing yourself. We tend to blame ourselves if it did not go the way we expect... very typical. Just ask ... no harm, at least the person who decided to end the relationship has to give some kind of explanation rather then drifting off into lalala scot free to dump on another with same mindless behaviour.

And guys .. you do it just as often if not more so then women. Simply ask yourselves why you dumped the girl. You will have your answer!!!
 applette
Msg: 64 (view)

so annoying..why do people do this?
Posted: 11/24/2009 4:49:46 PM
I think you should break it off completely with him .. how else are you going to move forward and meet someone who is going to give you a committment. Don't let him control the situation ... take charge and get your life back. Unless of course you want the loser around to make you feel important when he gets jealous. That is probably what this is all about in the first place.
 applette

Can anyone advise on this?
Posted: 11/24/2009 4:44:31 PM
He vanished on you for the same reason I vanish on guys ...... just not into you and something better came along. You should never of spent the night with him.... he had dessert.
 applette

Sweet guy, low income OR abusive guy, high income
Posted: 11/16/2009 11:39:58 PM
Abuse is abuse ... with or without money
Nice guys finish last because they have no confidence in themselves and it comes across loud and clear!
Women would be more attracted to men with quality attributes if only they showed strength of direction and took more control.... women do not want to make all the decisions or control their guy. Well at least I don't.
 applette
Msg: 13 (view)

He ran away...
Posted: 11/16/2009 11:35:05 PM
Hey darlin
I have simply gone out on a meet and greet and been told the life story of the guy and I can tell u I did not enjoy myself ..... I don't think anyone wants to hear about the love of your life that is no longer with you under any circumstances. It becomes complicated I know .. the does and don'ts but from my own personal experience "what happened in the past should stay just there" Who really cares!
 applette
Msg: 50 (view)

Girl doesn't want to be my friend anymore.
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:44:53 PM
It never fails to amaze me how people can treat others so badly and think it is fine. Do parents not teach their children manners. These people who generate no common sense when it comes to treating people with respect and courtesy need a course in how to behave properly in a society that should expect, even demand mutual respect and understanding of feelings. I dislike people who mindlessly go through life do whatever without considering the consequences of their actions. What would it of taken for that silly mindless girl child to explain why it would be best not to have further contact. Would it of been so freaking hard. Look at it this way if your can .... it is her problem not yours ..... sleep knowing that there is nothing in the world that you did to deserve such bad behaviour.

Good luck my dear!!!!
 applette
Msg: 138 (view)

seeing guy for 2 months and he still on pof
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:23:28 PM
nifty country girl ... I think you had better shake off all that country hay you have picked up over the years and grab a brain. Do you really need advise? I am ashamed of you!!! You give woman a bad name!! hahaha
 applette
Msg: 35 (view)

Texting while on a date
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:18:41 PM
dump him ... dump all of them ...... they don't seem to have a clue! How dare he text when he with you! You are the most important interesting person in the world .. and how dare he forget that! Omg ... better yet .. why don't u just pout and tell him no nooky ever ever ever .......... oh ... better still .... why don't you walk home!!!!!
 applette
Msg: 11 (view)

isn't it just horrible ?
Posted: 10/29/2009 12:32:13 AM
please tell me .. let it go where? that is why it happens because people like you expect it therefore allow it to happen!
 Applette
Msg: 9 (view)

Golden Bird Cage (ADVICE, YO!)
Posted: 10/24/2009 3:09:34 PM
Why do women think it is okay to cut off sex to get what they want. Maybe that is why men think of women as whores .. love is given freely (no strings attached) because you want to give pleasure and received it as well.. I just hate when women brag about doing that to their boyfriends or husband to get what they want.
 Applette
Msg: 66 (view)

Broken heart ? its all in your head, get over it !
Posted: 10/24/2009 2:59:08 PM
But I see from your profile .. YOU WANT AN ATTRACTIVE BAG OF WATER.
I don't even know why I am responding to this . You are really off base sunshine!
 Applette

Any Virgins or those practicing Celibacy
Posted: 10/21/2009 4:43:49 PM
I agree that Orthodox religions have to some degree screwed up some people when it comes to a satisfying, loving sexual relationship... but BLUESMAN .. find a good hooker?" .. (is that from experience ) would be the worst thing a person could do. What about self respect .. anyway does not sound like he has sexual issues.
 applette
Msg: 66 (view)

I know I will get blasted for this but...
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:22:39 AM
I happen to agree with you.

Show ALL Forums