Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Even tougher laws for UK smokers
 guy66
Msg: 24 (view)

Even tougher laws for UK smokers
Posted: 5/31/2008 2:13:24 PM
Cant say I've heard of passive drinking and while cars do cause pollution they are a necessary evil until they find a better way for us to get around.
Face it smokers your "choice" is no choice for the rest of us
And that nonsense you spout about the tax you pay ... it doesn't cover the cost of the damage you cause to yourself and others

Fine kill yourself ... just don't try to claim the moral high ground for bailing out the NHS though ... it isn't true - the sums don't add up.
 guy66
Msg: 17 (view)

Even tougher laws for UK smokers
Posted: 5/31/2008 1:21:28 PM
Smokers have every right to kill themselves ... they just don't have any right to negatively affect my health ... ban it in ALL public places not just indoors ... I'm sick of having to run the gauntlet of foul smelling fog outside every public building
 guy66
Msg: 8 (view)

Bad taste or funny?
Posted: 5/23/2008 10:57:23 PM
Good news - the Austrian cellar rapist is going to face the death penalty

Bad news - John Terry is going to take it
 guy66
Msg: 144 (view)

british jokes
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:45:41 AM
not really a british joke but just got sent it and have to share :p

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director how do you determine whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"
 guy66
Msg: 46 (view)

Adults using text speak on their PCs
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:27:00 AM
I can understand text talk but very rarely use it ... even my phone texts usually have proper punctuation and apostrophes ... can't stop using lol though ... too long in chat rooms and I do like :) and :p as well.

On the subject of msn ... if you don't like emotes click tools, options, messages and un-click the button that says show emotes ... that way you never see them again

I do have a couple of friends who have a different emote seemingly for each letter of the alphabet and their messages are totally illegible so I switch emotes off when chatting with them.
 guy66
Msg: 20 (view)

FRIEND OWES YOU MONEY WHAT DO YOU DO??
Posted: 10/28/2007 3:53:11 AM
good luck .... hope it works out for you
 guy66
Msg: 20 (view)

first horror movies you saw?
Posted: 10/27/2007 11:50:43 PM
bloodbath at the house of death .... don't know if you can still get it but would recommend it to anyone
 guy66
Msg: 6 (view)

2 (two) tone, your thoughts?
Posted: 10/27/2007 3:26:50 PM
Not count bad manners or madness? ... what drivel - was all based on the west indies ska music ... one of madness's first songs was about prince buster a real ska hero and bad manners were much more a ska band than UB40 ever were .... they turned into a bland regae band very early on

Two tone ... absolutely fantastic
 guy66
Msg: 4 (view)

$ vs £ vs oil/petrol
Posted: 10/27/2007 2:53:20 PM
Its mostly tax anyway
 guy66

FRIEND OWES YOU MONEY WHAT DO YOU DO??
Posted: 10/27/2007 2:51:05 PM
all of the above ... great advice
 guy66
Msg: 8 (view)

heres a new one ..well on me/us anyway ?
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:51:22 AM
ok take along a couple of baked bean tins and some string .... seriously not every second has to be filled with chatter.
What sort of places are you meeting?
Try going places that naturally give you things to talk about
 guy66
Msg: 2 (view)

What would you do if you were the opposite sex for the day?
Posted: 10/26/2007 12:30:00 PM
Think you were along the right lines lol
Find out exactly how everything works and what's the best way of pleasuring a woman ... then spending the rest of my life adored :)
 guy66

Creationism or Evolution?
Posted: 10/25/2007 10:47:42 AM
I read somewhere God created the universe and Satan caused it to evolve

Me I don't know
 guy66
Msg: 21 (view)

Keeping Busy
Posted: 10/25/2007 10:45:26 AM
Get a pillow or a cushion and beat the hell out of it
 guy66

Kids today
Posted: 10/24/2007 3:44:22 PM
I suppose with my name I should have asked her for money :p
 guy66
Msg: 1 (view)

Kids today
Posted: 10/24/2007 2:39:01 PM
Something happened last night that really made me laugh.
I'd popped down to the off licence for a bottle of wine and there were two little girls maybe age 8 to 10 with a guy outside they asked for a penny for the guy on the way in but I didn't have any change and I'm a miserable sod :p anyway I remembered doing similar stuff myself over 30 years ago so on the way out I gave them 50p

What made me laugh was the way in a whining tone instead of saying thanks she said awwww ain't you got a quid?

Kids today eh?
 guy66
Msg: 5 (view)

I'm going bankrupt - can I date with integrity?
Posted: 10/24/2007 2:21:24 PM
Thanks everyone .... guess I needed someone else to tell me what I already knew :)
 guy66
Msg: 19 (view)

Bah Humbug
Posted: 10/22/2007 12:42:31 PM
defo messages 8 & 9 grrrrr
 guy66
Msg: 7 (view)

Why can seemingly strong people help/advise/support others, but not themselves?
Posted: 10/22/2007 12:26:33 PM
I think it's sometimes easier to see the solution to someone else's problem because my own are too close if that makes sense
It's like sometimes I can be looking for something and it's in plain sight but just can't quite spot it
 guy66
Msg: 119 (view)

how old is your pic?
Posted: 10/21/2007 12:42:27 PM
My main pic was taken last month (September) the others on my profile were taken over the last two years
 guy66
Msg: 67 (view)

Going Out Alone !!
Posted: 10/20/2007 3:38:02 PM
Used to go out pubbing and clubbing .... stopped around 8 years ago when I moved to a less accessible place ... no buses or trains after 11
Now would much prefer somewhere quieter lol ... must be getting old
 guy66

Posted: 10/20/2007 12:53:35 PM
Lost the house back in April ... I don't worry much about money .... well maybe once a month or so lol
Thanks for all the supportive messages ... appreciated muchly :)
I do tend to put my cards on the table so anyone I'm talking too knows about the bankruptcy before we even have the first meeting
 guy66

Feathers. . . . . . . . .
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:25:39 PM
Holy white dog poo .... there is a blast from the past lol
 guy66
Msg: 3 (view)

Feathers. . . . . . . . .
Posted: 10/20/2007 11:15:11 AM
I kinda think you tend to see what you're focusing on in everything ... no bad thing as long as you focus on the good stuff
 guy66

Posted: 10/20/2007 10:00:38 AM
Bankruptcy doesn't mean you are totally broke
Just means you can't pay your creditors, can't own your own home or have a flash car.
It's a way of putting an end date on creditors chasing you .... so in 1-3 years I no longer owe £40K to credit companies
Yes I won't get a mortgage again ... but I'm not bothered about that ... still planning financial freedom in the next five years anyway.
I'm optimistic about the future financially ... my thoughts were more about my social life while I fix things
 guy66

Posted: 10/20/2007 9:41:39 AM
LOL .... if you knew the sort of rubbish the royal mail is going through you might change your mind :)
 guy66

Posted: 10/20/2007 9:08:36 AM
I'm after some thoughts here
I set up a business that hasn't really worked out yet and in about 5 weeks I'm going to be declaring myself bankrupt .

I work now as a postman.
My house was re-possessed - I'm in my mums spare room until this all goes through when I'll get a flat.
Question is .... should I even be thinking of dating as in - is it fair to see someone when things are such a mess?
By the way no this isn't a self pity thread .... I look on my situation as a useful experience - I didn't get into this situation looking to cheat the system I'm in this position because I tried to better myself but it hasn't worked yet.
 guy66
Msg: 49 (view)

SNOGGING IN PUBLIC YES OR NO????
Posted: 10/20/2007 8:55:45 AM
Yes it should - absolutely
Yes I do
No it doesn't :)
 guy66
Msg: 9 (view)

Men who make things out of balloons
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:13:08 AM
It will soon be Christmas with Father Christmas in all the main shopping centres .... never forget Santa is just Satan with a typo!
 guy66

Men who make things out of balloons
Posted: 10/19/2007 6:49:08 PM
Clowns are just pure evil .... thought everyone knew that :)
 guy66
Msg: 15 (view)

i might be alone here...
Posted: 10/19/2007 4:59:38 PM
This struck a chord not about myself ..... but does sound like the woman I met about a month ago .... might explain what happened - thanks for bringing it up :)
 guy66
Msg: 12 (view)

Was you worried of a nuclear attack in the 80's?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:04:50 PM
I remember the nuclear attack sirens being tested every so often ... it was about 2 miles away from our house but could hear it quite clearly.
Funny to think there are people working today who don't know what the Berlin Wall was.
 guy66
Msg: 60 (view)

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Posted: 10/19/2007 10:11:38 AM
lots of different types and flavours of soya milk ... even chocolate :)
They all taste different
There is also rice milk almond milk ... loads of choices if you're lactose intolerant which up to 40% of adults are
 guy66
Msg: 61 (view)

is techno/trance/dance dead?
Posted: 10/17/2007 12:18:05 PM
If techno/trance/dance dead isn't dead I vote for a mercy killing :p
 guy66
Msg: 17 (view)

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day.
Posted: 10/15/2007 10:24:36 AM
Can't stomach a cooked breakfast ... makes me feel ill all day ... no idea why.

Always have something though .... the metabolism shuts down while we sleep - otherwise we would keep waking up with all that energy production going on - that's why it's called breakfast - break fast ... most people have heard that line about breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper ... makes sense too to let the body have all day to deal with most of its calories.

I've found with a lot of my weight loss clients, just getting them to have something first thing led to them losing weight - its funny but by eating more you can lose weight.

The metabolism is like a car engine ... until you put fuel in and turn the key it doesn't start up so it makes sense to give it something to go on even if its only a piece of toast :)
 guy66
Msg: 29 (view)

Have you thought of changing/changed your career drastically at an older age?
Posted: 10/14/2007 3:12:38 AM
Well at the age of 37 after working for the same electronics company for 19 years I set up a home based business in weight loss and nutrition ... did great the first few months - loved what I was doing, had plenty of customers and was making the same from my part time business as I was from the day job.
Went full time, everything changed - suddenly when I now had to sell I couldn't.
Spent the last 4 years throwing money at it, credit cards, loans etc and in 6 weeks I'm going bankrupt (saving up the money for the fee right now)
Still love the business just wouldn't do it full time so fast again :)
Two weeks ago got a job as a postman ... just in time for the strike lol
Would I change some things - absolutely
Would I stay at the electronics job - no way! the personal development I've been through has made me a much better person than I was
 guy66
Msg: 60 (view)

Saturday it's all out WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 10/12/2007 5:00:16 PM
Combine a game of british bulldog with catch, throw in a bit of schoolyard scrapping and you have rugby ... Oi Webb Ellis you cheating little bars***d put the ball down and go run round the field in your pants ... if only

Having said all that it's England ... wont be watching it but hope they win lol :)
 guy66
Msg: 33 (view)

Song that changed outlook on life
Posted: 10/10/2007 11:33:54 PM
Yep ... Billy Joel "Tell her about it" about 25 years ago ... took me 25 years to finally realise what bad advice is in that song!
 guy66
Msg: 28 (view)

town on a saturday night...
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:00:54 PM
I'm definitely one for the quiet bars these days .. can't be doing with having to shout to have a conversation lol ... stopped going clubbing in my mid 30's
 guy66
Msg: 52 (view)

how long before you tell someone you love them?
Posted: 10/5/2007 4:04:30 AM
TOO DAMN SOON!
Wish someone would kick me when I'm about to say it lol
 guy66

BMI Count
Posted: 10/5/2007 4:01:32 AM
BMI is only useful for completely average people, as mentioned in an earlier post muscle weighs more than fat,one of my weightloss clients put on 2lbs and dropped a dress size in her first month ... her BMI had gone up!
If I remember correctly when Arnie was Mr Universe his BMI was somewhere around 35 and his body fat was around 4% - so clinically obese according to BMI.
BMI is useful for working out a persons protein factor but useless for saying if someone is overweight if they exercise a lot.
The important factor for health is body fat and where it is stored - fat around the middle increases cholesterol production in the liver leading to heart problems.
 guy66
Msg: 31 (view)

Weight loss/maintenance
Posted: 10/5/2007 3:39:06 AM
Your metabolism is controlled mainly by your muscle mass.
The metabolic rate is simply the number of calories you burn on a daily basis.
For information one pound of fat burns 2 calories a day, one pound of muscle burns 14 calories.

The answer to weight management is to burn the same number of calories that you consume to maintain and burn more to lose weight.

The big mistake most people make is just eating less ... yes you will lose weight but as soon as you go back to normal you will gain all the weight back and more - hence people going to weight watchers for years, this is because when people go on "a diet" they usually cut out all the meat, fish dairy etc and go on salads ... salads are mainly carbs no protein so you lose weight due to less calories but the problem is your muscles are made of protein and if you don't get enough your body will rob it from your muscles, this is the reason anorexics often die from heart failure, the heart is a muscle too.
For an average woman you need a minimum 45g of protein per day, 55 for men.
If you want to build muscle then you need more protein.

Building muscle doesn't mean turning into Arnie just toning up.
The biggest muscles are in the legs so walking is a great exercise - 30 minutes a day fast enough to be slightly out of breath is enough for most people.
As anyone who has spent 30 minutes on a treadmill at the gym will know its not the exercise itself that leads to weight loss ... you will probably burn around 150 calories or half a mars bar in that time, its the muscle growth that does the trick.
 guy66
Msg: 19 (view)

Keep making the same mistake
Posted: 10/2/2007 10:49:04 PM
Excellent post Sam
All those DVD's really tell me is not to come across as needy, to have the confidence not to need to chase a woman and suck up to her hoping to make her like me.
For all the "just be yourself" people slagging off self improvement on here - it's really not about becoming something I'm not to get every woman in bed - yes it might be used like that but that isn't what I want and isn't why I bought it.
It's about being able to spark that initial attraction and keep it going long enough so she sticks around long enough to find out if we have enough in common to base a relationship on.
It seems lately I'm not even making it to date 2 or 3 and a lot of that seems to be because we spend too much time on emails texts and phone calls between dates ... last one we got on fabulously when we met .. had a brilliant date, (not just my opinion she was as into me as I was into her) it's the time apart where we were communicating electronically where it all went wrong.
We did that too much and I started messaging more and more gushy melodramatic nonsense mainly as I was struggling for things to type (sent nearly a thousand text messages in two weeks) she sent the same by the way in case people are thinking it was a one way thing.
What the DVD's say are give her space, don't contact her every 5 minutes even when she is contacting you.
Doesn't change my personality but maybe there is something in that old saw "absence makes the heart grow fonder and familiarity breeds contempt.
 guy66
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 10/2/2007 7:10:27 PM
Think you summed it up pretty well Bob :)
My view is if something isn't working do something that does and no-one has the right to tell me I can't.
Over the years I've quit smoking, lost weight, changed careers, stopped being shy, learned to enjoy public speaking, started running to get fit and ended up doing half marathons, lots of things that many people said I couldn't do.
Guess what - I DID!
I can do pretty much anything.
As Jim Rohn says the reason I can have more than I have is because I can become more than I am and that means learning what works and changing my behaviour either from my own experience or the experience of others.
People who seem to think learning what makes women attracted and then bringing that knowledge into my own life is somehow wrong or evil seem to think I should just keep doing what I was doing, meeting someone who I click with and watching it all fall apart (breaking my heart in the process) well as it has been said on these forums before the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
I've lost another lovely woman tonight (it's 3am and I have to be up for work at 6:30) and I don't want to feel like this again if I can prevent it and guess what ... if I'd carried on doing what it suggests on those DVD's I'd still be happy and she'd still be happy, we'd still be together and that's the whole point isn't it?
Knowledge is power and power is only wrong when it's misused - all the "just be yourself" posts miss the point (in my opinion) I am myself, I will always be myself.
I just choose to be the best myself I can be :)
 guy66

Posted: 10/2/2007 1:48:19 PM
Exactly .... seems obvious now ... some people seem to know it naturally others like me have to learn it :)
 guy66
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/2/2007 1:35:21 PM
Think you may be missing my point, nothing is ever going to change my basic nature of being a romantic at heart .... and there is nothing wrong with that ... the problem was I was doing too much too soon and giving my heart on a plate because that's what I was told women want when I was a child growing up.
My thoughts now are that attraction is needed to start something and romance will keep it going ... I wasn't even doing the first part though :)

Good bit of therapy this thread ... it's keeping my mind off what I've lost tonight anyway
 guy66

Posted: 10/2/2007 12:33:05 PM
I'd noticed women kept saying what a nice guy I am (pardon the pun) and how they love me as a friend but don't want to be more than that so a couple of months ago I did some searching online and got hold of a DVD program on attraction.
It turns out I'd been doing the exact opposite of what women find attractive thinking I was saying what they wanted to hear.
Lots of compliments, grand romantic gestures, romantic lines, promises of commitment that sort of thing and it turns out that all that does is create affection.
After watching the DVD's I decided to stop being the wussy that I'd been brought up to be and take back my power as a man, let go of the outcome, realise that there is no point fixating on any one woman until the attraction is firmly there and cemented in place, take the piss and have fun with women and I did this recently with a nice woman I met called Shirley.
We had a great time, we tore each other to shreds verbally but it created real sparks between us.
Then for some strange reason when things seemed to be going so well and she seemed to be as into me as I was into her I went back to my old patterns, started leaving sloppy comments, complimenting her all the time instead of doing what I really should have done, taken more time, given her space and let her chase me a bit (after all I'm certainly worth it).
The thing is she is worth it too and I wish I could go back two weeks and start again.
At least I know what works now where before I hadn't a clue ... lesson learned - next time I'm sticking with**** funny.

By the way ... just had it pointed out it looks like I'm trying to set myself up as a player ... I'm not
I'm not interested in dating or sleeping with hundreds of girls - I just believe that if something keeps going wrong the same way (and it did keep happening) then it's up to me to fix it and though the stuff on those DVD's could be used to do that, it's not why I got them ... guess it's like a rocket has two uses, it can deliver a bomb or put a communication satellite in orbit ... just depends how you use it.
I wanted to stop finding "the one" and finding I wasn't "the one" for her if that makes sense
 guy66

I think the 10 is a myth
Posted: 9/30/2007 12:37:40 PM
Depends what you mean by a "10" I guess.
If you mean just on looks then there probably aren't any at all online given that the perfect looking woman is probably a film star.

For me a "10" just means 10 out of 10 or 100% the person you want to be with it based on looks, personality, voice and a hundred other little things that makes that person "the one" for you
 guy66
Msg: 12 (view)

cold girlfriend
Posted: 9/29/2007 7:52:29 PM
She's not cold - she's not your girlfriend .... dump the **** and find someone who really wants you ... unless of course you want someone who is going to mess you around :p
 guy66

Relationship
Posted: 9/29/2007 1:49:23 PM
There may be all sorts of reasons ... best not to assume ... just ask him.

I met a lady on facebook a few months ago ... because of circumstances I recently lost my house and had to move into my mothers spare room temporarily.
She gave me a lift home from our date (I also lost the car) ... my mother spent the next half an hour while we drank our coffee telling her all about what a wonderful person my brother is ... such a great sense of humour etc. and how different he is to me.
As you may imagine I won't be introducing my new girlfriend to my mother any time soon lol.
Best thing with us blokes is be direct and ask him straight out to explain

Show ALL Forums