Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: is anyone else ready to give up on here
 kanyonatic
Msg: 87 (view)

is anyone else ready to give up on here
Posted: 6/8/2012 5:38:29 PM

women on here act like theyre not only too good to date you, but theyre too good to even respond to you. ive even seen some profiles that say they wont waste their time responding to people theyre not attracted to

well it goes both ways men never respond and their attitude sometimes stinks too the genuine ones on here read comments like yours and do feel like giving up its like saying all men on here think they are too good for the women who contact them - don't lump us all together we all don't do that
 kanyonatic
Msg: 132 (view)

Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:11:32 PM
mmm you have been talking to the bad ones lol I would rather date a guy who was between 5' and 5'6" because of my own height doesn't matter how tall someone is I would never treat them like dirt because of their height never . that's just stupid and ignorant.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 131 (view)

Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:08:53 PM
absolutely not being 5'2" its nice not to have to stare up into the sky to speak to someone
 kanyonatic
Msg: 82 (view)

is anyone else ready to give up on here
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:05:58 PM
hope this helps some people

well I felt like giving up loads of times then I thought I found a decent guy he was no looker as I had decided to get to know his personality and we clicked he also agreed.He talked about leaving the site and starting a relationship. I just changed my status to not looking ( been there done that and if it worked I would genuinely leave the site ). He knew this as he saw and commented to me as I'm not one to make loads of dates with others if I am seeing how it works with one particular person. my profile status has now changed back.

Anyway first date he was a little handsy to say the least I had words and the second date wasn't too bad but looking back he wasn't interested and had lied to me I had to be in a relationship to sleep with someone and he played on that when he got what he wanted he blocked me and didn't get in touch. I thought fine learn from it and move on then someone got in touch saying they had dated a prison officer and they had seen a message to me from him on pof ( his account apparently was open and she read it ) and he had done the same thing to her she was going to name and shame him I wanted nothing to do with it like I said you learn from it and move on yes I was hurt as he lied to me needed support and I was there for him but hey its not the end of the world eat a bar of chocolate and move on!

There are decent people on here you just have to hunt them out usually they end up being too far away from me for it to work . ironically the ones on 'will reply' section often never do and 9 times out of ten no replies when you message them.

one guy I had to block because I always reply if I am not interested I say no thank you hope you find someone one guy wrote back saying why bother replying and called me a time waster I replied out of curiosity saying I was being polite as its annoying when you take the time to message someone and you don't even get acknowledged . His reply I cant repeat the worst name calling ever so I blocked him .

on the other hand I arranged to meet someone and we exchanged numbers so we could arrange a meet suddenly he turns psycho . He mentioned he loved football and was gonna watch the game two days before the arranged date I replied I liked American football and he hit the roof going on about being British and liking British things etc. etc. I replied that's OK but I also like some other stuff well the abuse that came name calling and things like ' go F**k yourself you stupid mare' I was shocked and told him I didn't think we were suited and called off the date next thing he apologies and says he is really sorry I accept the apology and still decline to meet he then goes into a rant about me being a time waster, mentioning I had said I was friendly, open and willing to get to know someone from my profile and that I had lied!!!! and more abuse on the phone in texts which forced me to explain what he was doing was against the law with the texts and I would appreciate it if he stopped I then blocked him and couldn't answer my phone for a week or read the texts .

I have been on here over 5 years or so and have seen some sweet people and not so sweet . to those who feel like giving up all I can say is if you do the person about to message you could be the one for you . widen your criteria and don't just dismiss people you don't fancy they may be better looking in the flesh keep an open mind and enjoy talking to people there is always the block button if they annoy you I have made some good friendships on here so don't despair or give up after all you have to kiss frogs to find your prince(ess)
 kanyonatic
Msg: 14 (view)

dont ask me ???
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:30:23 PM

sounds like she doesn't know the answer maybe she doesn't know what will make her happy or that she doesn't know if you will go out again i think your over thinking it
 kanyonatic
Msg: 34 (view)

A question for women about IM'ing them
Posted: 1/2/2009 4:00:57 PM
i see nothing wrong with it if i am busy i say so and the conversation ends the annoying thing is if you have said a polite no thanks and they 'popping up' hoping you will chat gets very old very fast. but i dont see a problem with it at all.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 35 (view)

Liars
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:50:51 PM
well i have dated someone from on here and i have to say he lied and i caught him out now i look at his profile and laugh because he is nothing like his profile and does n't do half the stuff he says he does and he is the opposite of everything he claims to be i was with him 6 months so i know the real him. there are a few genuine people out there who are who they say they are you just have to find them
 kanyonatic
Msg: 85 (view)

Are Short Guys..
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:45:17 PM
i dont think so but then i get shorter guys lying about their height i couldn't care less if they are 4' or 7' but when a guy is 5' and says hes 6' i instantly dislike him when we meet not because of his height but his lies because if they lie about that what else they gonna lie about its a shame as sometimes i really like them but they have started the relationship on a lie . to me height doesn't come into it honesty does.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 61 (view)

Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
Posted: 8/6/2008 2:00:26 PM
yes they wanted to believe all their friends and didn't want to commit 100% to the relationship they also had past relationship issues so for my sanity and theirs i had to end it even though i knew it would work if he would only take more time out for us and not others. it hurt but i had to end it and i see he is still single the only difference is he has his ex gf and friends on there do 'heart warming' testimonies on his profile which i'm afraid makes him look sad and desperate as he has obiviously gone crying to them and they have felt they just have to back him scr*w the truth just back him no matter what lol i am now dating and enjoying life yes i sometimes stop and think what if but you cant live like that can you.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 31 (view)

Does/Did your man stand up for you/protect you
Posted: 7/29/2008 3:59:50 PM
well i was accused of all sorts and not once did he defend me until i had proof it wasn't me so what does that say ..... his friends turned against me and what did he do ...join in and tell lies ....he even harrassed one of my friends and name called her ...jerk
 kanyonatic
Msg: 30 (view)

do guys change or do they treat every woman the same?
Posted: 7/29/2008 3:52:08 PM
guys can change if they wanted to but only if they want its been my exp that if a guy is treated very badly by an ex he will be extra cautious in a relationship which can come over as too over cautious and he will compare you to his ex if not out loud then in his head and will wait for you to say or do something similar then moan and get horrible or defensive guys like that need to take a brek from dating to get their head straight before attempting to start a relationship as not every partner is going to turn out like the last one
 kanyonatic
Msg: 17 (view)

Sunday Lunch at Brighton Marina - 10 August 2008
Posted: 7/29/2008 3:46:31 PM
sure roz and you can meet my new friends too will be intouch nearer the time as to where to meet up ....
 kanyonatic
Msg: 15 (view)

Sunday Lunch at Brighton Marina - 10 August 2008
Posted: 7/29/2008 2:24:26 PM
try and make it all being well as i am in brighton that weekend anyway visiting a new friend .
 kanyonatic
Msg: 136 (view)

How many chances do you give someone you love?
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:37:23 PM
IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE YOU GIVE THEM AS MANY CHANCES AS YOU CAN TAKE THEN WHEN YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WANT THE SAME AS YOU OR YOU REALISE YOUR JUST NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO THEM ITS TIME TO MOVE ON. YOU DO THAT BY GOING THROUGH THE GRIEVING PROCESS LIKE A DEATH YOU MISS THEM, GO TO RING THEM, THINK ABOUT THEM CRY OVER THEM BUT YOU MUST GO THROUGH THIS TO GET TO THE OTHER END .YOU BEGIN TO MISS THEM,DISLIKE THEM,HATE THEM THEN HATE TURNS TO INDIFFERENCE WHICH TURNS TO NOT BOTHERED AS YOU GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AND MEET OTHERS THE PAIN WILL GO AND NEW FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE DIFFERENT COMES ALONG BUT YOU MUST NOT TRY AND SKIP THE GRIEVING PROCESS AS THAT LEADS TO REBOUND RELATIONSHIPS WHICH ARE NO GOOD FOR ANYONE .I WISH YOU WELL
 kanyonatic
Msg: 36 (view)

WORTHING'S 8th POF PARTY ~ Beechwood Hall Hotel ~ Saturday 19th July
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:00:31 AM
sorry guys cant make it maybe next time hope you all have a great night .
 kanyonatic
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 7/6/2008 4:55:39 AM
yay might be able to go assistant manager interviews are just before so i may be on time but if not i will be late i'll try not to make a big enterance by falling through the door!! maybe i shouldn't have said that !
 kanyonatic
Msg: 10 (view)

Greenwich park event pics and comments thread
Posted: 6/30/2008 12:31:28 PM
hi all was there but didnt find you all till near the end and so getting glasses checked lol sorry ..also didn't talk to many people as i arrived late
 kanyonatic
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 6/24/2008 5:01:01 PM
will try and make it either on time or a little late !!!
 kanyonatic
Msg: 30 (view)

letting go and moving on
Posted: 6/22/2008 11:31:32 AM
well you can use all the excuses in the world but at the end of the day its not just bad relationships with their mums but any bad relationship can cause conflict even ex girlfriends if they have treated them bad then they will sometimes not always but sometimes put the blame on you for things their ex has done in the past and any man who says i'm unsure of anything or backs off when ex girlfriend memories come back you either need alot of patience or just let go
 kanyonatic

Posted: 6/15/2008 9:34:49 AM
can only go now if i get a new assistant manager in time so unless i do roj will be going it alone but i'm sure i wont be missed that much ...
 kanyonatic

London Picnic/Funday in Greenwich Park on Sunday 29th June
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:32:44 AM
will be bringing my son and his girlfriend and possibly another friend too
 kanyonatic
Msg: 113 (view)

women and why they think men should buy everything ????
Posted: 6/8/2008 9:57:41 AM
i always pay for half or for petrol or even pay the full amount. i have booked somewhere and paid for everything ....once in a while its nice to be treated ...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 4 (view)

Indecisiveness in Relationships
Posted: 6/8/2008 9:52:28 AM
i'm not the indecisive one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know what i want waiting for him to play catch up
 kanyonatic
Msg: 6 (view)

Tell her I love her? Help :( ......
Posted: 6/8/2008 9:48:34 AM
you need to tell her and then you will know . if you dont you will be wondering what if....also she might feel the same way...you have nothing to lose ..
 kanyonatic

London Picnic/Funday in Greenwich Park on Sunday 29th June
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:23:38 AM
will try my best to come will take my name off at last min if i cant make it
 kanyonatic
Msg: 42 (view)

DOES IT REALLY MEAN JUST LOOKING FOR FRIENDS?
Posted: 6/7/2008 12:43:27 PM
if you say you are just looking for friends then it should be just friends. i would like some more friends but most live too far away
 kanyonatic
Msg: 25 (view)

Time and Distance
Posted: 6/7/2008 12:35:23 PM
My relationship is going still after three months but the distance is causing major problems . I only live 30 mins away on a train and i never mind about going down there to him but he moans about the distance all the time . i moan about not seeing him enough and i suppose the jury is out at the moment as everything is up in the air i do not know where i stand with him at all but we will see. all i can say is if you both wanted to see each other you will make the time and effort even if its just for a couple of hours...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 11 (view)

why is is that some one wants to date you but not have a relationship
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:33:36 AM
bercause they are inseciure and maybe being hurt in the past and so dont want to go down that road again. maybe they will want a relationship on the future but where they are at right now means they cant or wont commit
 kanyonatic
Msg: 8 (view)

When dating, how often do you see each other?
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:31:53 AM
i only see roj for a few hours on sat and maybe half a day every other week. yes it has put a strain on my relationship and yes its hard i'm used to seeing people at least twice a week on a regular basis and going out to movies or a pizza not just staying in cos we are both tired....so yes i agree with the person who said twice a week or even three times a week but it depends on the relationship and circumstances...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2008 2:25:55 PM
THE 'SOMEONE' YOU KNOW IS COMING ROJ HINT TAKEN LOL....WELL I WILL TRY AND MAKE IT THIS TIME EVEN IF I HAVE TO BE A TINY BIT LATE ....I WILL DO MY BEST ...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 18 (view)

WORTHINGS 1st ANNIVERSARY PARTY! ~ Saturday 17th MAY ~ Beechwood Hall Hotel
Posted: 5/12/2008 12:36:14 PM
sorry guys cant make it after all noone to cover my shop so i have to work on saturday had a uniform too i'll try for the next one ...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/5/2008 3:33:43 PM
Due to new manager job (started last week) i am trying to get sat 17th free hopefully we will find an assistant manager to cover so fingers crossed i will make it on 17th.so heres hoping i will be able to come.
 kanyonatic

Posted: 4/13/2008 1:56:36 PM
have signed up and hope i'm free on the day roj persuaded me to.......
 kanyonatic

any famous contacts on myspace?
Posted: 3/10/2008 12:05:35 PM
all the famous people i know on my space are real and i've met most of them so no there are fakes but they need to get a life and you can spot them a mile off.there are some who do try though but true fans spot them. also i had a famous friend (i dont name drop go to my space and see them all there myspace.com/kanyonatic)and he was being duped so i told him and he made his own page and scared the other person off was sooooooooo funny ... alot are genuine but you have to spot the fakes i dont talk to fakes
 kanyonatic
Msg: 9 (view)

Dating someone with a different religion?
Posted: 3/4/2008 2:38:25 PM
even if you tried you could never convert her at all all you can do is pray for her and the holy spirit is the only one who converts if and when they are ready and they may never be ready. i am dating someone who has no faith and it it hard for him as i dont worry-panic- or have guilt i have a positive outlook and forgive easily. my faith is who i am . He watches what he says and i dont want him to. i knew he had no faith when i met him and thats not the reason i like him as i liked him reguardless of faith. yes i have a strong faith but he has accepted me and what i am like so in essence he has accepted my faith because it is the core of me i am patient kind considerate humble no lies etc etc everything you expect a christian to be but i have a sense of humour i am human and fail sometimes and its important that you show that and you dont percieve yourself to be perfect your not neither am i . i do get it wrong sometimes very very wrong . all you can do is invite your girlfriend to christmas mass where lots of non christians go or to an even that is not just christian based so she can see you in your 'natural ' stetting and see that your friends do just have one head and two arms and you are the same as everyone else and its only your thinking that is different . you can only be yourself and love your girlfriend with all your heart and look after her and show her just what jesus meant when he said to look after one another i walk in the steps of jesus every day and so i remember this all the time some of his lifestyle scares me but thats because it is unknown and until it becomes known it will always remain scary and no she may not be able to accept everything about your faith but at least you can show your faith in who you are and she obiviously likes you . it takes time and you dont need to push just answer any questions honestly and be open i know that if a person gives you the chance you can show them what your really like and to me i cannot be anything else but who i am and that is my faith just reasure her alot that you will not try and convert her and you will always be there when she feels scared and who knows what will happen but lead by example be yourself you cant do any better than that and if she likes you she may just fall inlove with you and your faith will no longer be an issue .
 kanyonatic
Msg: 56 (view)

In your daily life do you strive to be kinder than you need to be.
Posted: 3/4/2008 2:02:50 PM
as a christian i say yes absolutely i treat people how i would like to be treated and sometimes go the extra mile
 kanyonatic
Msg: 49 (view)

Disapproving Friends
Posted: 3/4/2008 2:00:35 PM
talk to your boyfriend and ask yourself one thing

'can i live without him in my life?'

if the answer is no then you tell your friends not to judge until they have met him if it is meant to be you will be together,
 kanyonatic
Msg: 21 (view)

would you stay with a man if he have feelings for another woman
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:57:53 PM
nope never i am second best to noone i'm afraid he would be told me or her then i'd leave if the answer was a pause
 kanyonatic

Do we really attract who we are?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:55:24 PM
i had to take a sec to answer you so here goes

we attract people per say i hope i attract people who are like me because i am not ashamed to say i like being with me i mean i cant get away from me so if i hated the way i was or thought then i'd be in a right mess. i have to put up with me so if i dont like what i see think or feel who else is?

i have no money yet attract men who have

i have a sense of humour yet i attract men who dont have one

i attract bald -fat- thin-long haired - and bikers-christians-athiests-and anything inbetween so no i think beauty as attractivness is in the eye of the beholder

now the last bit let you down if you wanted to get womens backs up you may have succeeded but i wont rise to the occassion basically your saying if a small fat women didn't (not couldn't but did not want to) excercise and couldn't pay the bills should she expect a tall fit ( i'm assuming you ) man to take care of her financially

in a short answer yes why not after all when your balding and fat and lazy she may have got herself into shape and will be looking after you . but really it depends on if you or that man really loves her and can see past all the sterotypes.
 kanyonatic
Msg: 59 (view)

Girlfriend wants to maintain friendship with ex-boyfriend
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:46:41 PM
you might not like my answer but i think you are BOTH at fault here

she should be taking your feelings into consideration but ....BUT,,, you should trust her. needling her is just going to make her go out with him more and if he is just a friend then what is the problem. if it bothers you alot ask him round when you are there if she starts to make excuses then and ONLY then start to question her integrity. I feel this is an issue that needs addressing and brought out into the open and discussed on both sides. look at it from her point of view if you had a close female friend and you were just friends and she reacted like you did needling you and you knew nothing was going on wouldn't you be a little defensive? you both need to talk about this and compromise as there is a little child who may see all the bickering and believe me it does affect them alot ...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 63 (view)

What is going slow in regards to a relationship?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:39:54 PM
it entails long long long conversations about how the other person has issues or wants to take ages to say they like you heaven forbid when they will say they actually love you lol some men and women have been so hurt they are unsure if they want to go deeper and so want to take it slow its hard being on the recieving end as you never quite know where you stand with them but if you care for them you will persevere with them and it may be worth it ..
 kanyonatic
Msg: 75 (view)

Surfing while in an exclusive relationship?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:35:39 PM
depends if they change their profile to not looking except friends only then it is possible its innocent .. it can still make some uncomfortable though and i suggest anyone talks it over with their partner as if one feels uncomfortable then something is wrong and it needs talked about .
 kanyonatic
Msg: 57 (view)

what does a guy mean when he says you deserve better?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:33:00 PM
in a nut shell he doesn't want to commit and so if he says that he thinks he is being let off the hook and you'll look into his eyes and forgive him.....not i just go and find myself someone who actually is better and i did (thanks 'R')
 kanyonatic
Msg: 117 (view)

How many chances do you give someone you love?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:30:40 PM
one as after that it goes in circles
 kanyonatic
Msg: 93 (view)

Is the way to a woman heart through her mind?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:28:28 PM
absolutely definately yes. i prefer a guy just to sit and talk and maybe about something i wanna talk about not what he has done or is thinking about or the latest gadget he has bought real talk and actually connecting looking into your eyes and making you feel you are the only one in the room pure connection cannot beat it instead we get long conversations about cars- toys- work- and what they want to do lol nothing wrong with that at all but to connect on a deeper level you really need to talk about other stuff oh and a sense of humour helps and if a women opens up she doesn't necessarily want the guy to 'fix' it just to listen guys get that mixed up and think that when a women opens up she needs an answer or they think they have to come up with an answer when all we wnat is for them to actually listen nothing else .
 kanyonatic
Msg: 13 (view)

Loving hard, but not getting that love back?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:23:02 PM
in my experiences its not worth it been there and got burnt very badly if someone insists they just 'like 'you and you feel alot more and it never changes then what is the point they will just come up with lots of excuses and it will start all over again i'd just walk away
 kanyonatic
Msg: 26 (view)

So these days being boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't mean being exclusive??
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:18:27 PM
it helps to ask but you may not like the answer you get. some guys struggle with it others are very decicive. best to ask and to clarify if the answer is no or not sure then your free to date anyone you like ...
 kanyonatic

What's the OPPOSITE of a guy afraid of commitment?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:15:25 PM
to your question

What's the OPPOSITE of a guy afraid of commitment?

a fantastic guy ....yep..
 kanyonatic

Saying I love you
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:10:20 PM
i dont know many men who have said those words infact only one in my life time maybe it is hard for them i dont know all i know is a women seems to be able to say it more openly men just hug or shrug or sometimes smile herego women are supposed to be psychic and if we ask do you they change the subject or say yeah without actually saying the words i think i've given up now lol
 kanyonatic
Msg: 36 (view)

why does it take guys longer to heal?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:06:37 PM
men tend to take longer to heal because it takes them longer to open up and be emotional in the first place so when they do its a big deal for them and so when they get hurt it just takes longer everyones different of course some men open up very quickly and still take time but usually the more quiet they are the more they are feeling stuff they are not telling you .

Show ALL Forums