Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Inbox
 zuglo65
Msg: 5 (view)

Inbox
Posted: 9/1/2017 3:33:48 AM
I have all those stupid notification turned off.
I have thought the sender simply deleted, but two times it happened? Could be.
I just don't want to be rude and not answering my messages. Or missing out on a date. ;0)
Oh well, just thought I ask if anyone experiencing issues with the emails.
Thanks again.
 zuglo65
Msg: 3 (view)

Inbox
Posted: 8/31/2017 4:28:39 AM
Sorry Miss Kjt521 but I don't understand what you are saying .
It says I have a message..Next to my inbox..1 new message..But when I click on that there is no message .
 zuglo65
Msg: 1 (view)

Inbox
Posted: 8/31/2017 3:25:45 AM
It said I have a new mail. But when I go to my inbox nothing there!? Anyone knows what's happening?
I went to my setting to see if I might have changed something , or if I can figure out what's going on.
It happened more than once. I sent a message to myself and I received that one.
 zuglo65
Msg: 44 (view)

3 dates and.. nothing? is this slow or disinterest?
Posted: 8/15/2017 3:52:39 AM

Thats why I'm wondering. Why would he continue to do things with me of there wasn't any 'romantic' interest? Let alone pay for said things. And a hug? I honestly never hug or get hugs from my friends, unless its out of sadness or celebration. We never hug after just hanging out. To me, that points interest, but the fact he hasn't made any kind of move or saod anything says disinterest. Arghhh.

Well than again it's only been 3 dates..I been on five dates moved in for a kiss and got shot down because she said it was too early..But you giving him signals that is OK so..Maybe he doesn't get those signals?
As it was suggested make a move..Or just flat out ask.
 zuglo65
Msg: 95 (view)

How many people actually go on a second date ?
Posted: 8/15/2017 3:43:00 AM
I have been on a few second date. But if she doesn't want to go on one for whatever reason I don't sweat it.
 zuglo65
Msg: 26 (view)

Has a profile review ever worked for anyone?
Posted: 8/1/2015 6:53:24 AM
I asked for a profile review once..
Not everyone was helpful, some were quite rude..
I mean it's your opinion, and I can chose to agree, or disagree, and if I disagree shouldn't get mad !!
So, I used some advice, disregarded some.
It really didn't make much difference, but I DO know what's "wrong" with my profile.
It takes a like minded woman to understand it/ like it.
 zuglo65

Being deceive of where they live quistion.
Posted: 8/1/2015 6:41:09 AM

A simple white pages check tells me the guy is lying as to where he live.

Are you saying that he tell you his number, and were he lives, then you open the phone book to check it out?
Well, I for one don't have my address in there.
Also as another poster mentioned, it could be a cell phone number.
 zuglo65
Msg: 8 (view)

Where are all the kids?
Posted: 7/27/2015 7:23:44 AM

They're at their foster parents' houses because their parents are in jail for letting them go to the park unsupervised.

LOL..
Sadly I wouldn't want my daughter to play outside til dark like I was when I was her age.
Also back than there were fist fight, if fighting was not avoidable..Now bullets will fly...
 zuglo65
Msg: 43 (view)

Can we remove the viewed me section?
Posted: 4/16/2015 5:16:39 AM
Well it used to bother me. Now..Meh..
I think it's somewhat natural to get a little "hurt" by seeing her viewing you after you messaged her, but not receiving a reply.
But to saying that it destroyed your self esteem? Maybe it's a joke?
Some say she won't answer due to a nasty message after she politely says she isn't interested. I get that.
Some just don't answer for whatever her reason is, the reson I mentoined, she just rude, whatever.
Why stay hopeful??
I actually sent out my number someone, and she said she'll call. Would I like that? Sure!
Do I sit next to a phone, keep checking making sure it's working? Hell no..
I am a same way with my messages.
 zuglo65
Msg: 108 (view)

Dealing with Just ask me as a Profile
Posted: 4/16/2015 5:01:09 AM
I skip those as well..Sorry but I imagine her being lazy, boring, no personality.
Besides how could I tell if we are compatible, or if we have anything in common?
 zuglo65
Msg: 19 (view)

hi
Posted: 4/6/2015 5:23:32 AM
I agree with LadyEssKay..
 zuglo65
Msg: 64 (view)

Talking about past relationships.
Posted: 4/6/2015 5:19:58 AM

I think it's because it implies (correctly or incorrectly) that if they come to mind so easily, especially when you are supposed to be focusing on the person you are with, you are not over them yet.

I heard that. In my case if I do talk about my ex, is for her to understand that we are getting along, still talk occasionally, etc., so if she has a problem with that she has a choice to end it right here right now.
And another thing..I thought a title was past relationships, not exes.
I also talk about past relationships sometimes, as an example for why it ended, so again she knows a little more about me, and can decide to continue.
For example if I say I had a girlfriend who loved doing this or that and I hated it, so it didn't work out.
So if she loves doing that also, it won't work, and save us times.
 zuglo65
Msg: 40 (view)

Anyone else been online dating 2+ years?
Posted: 4/6/2015 5:06:53 AM
I have been here for awhile, lately for the forums..No I have not given up, just..um...Hard to explain.
Some simply don't like my profile, apperantly it's offensive, but I like it. It IS honest and to the point.
But most of the time it's my 14 years old daughter is "in the way", so I hear. I understand that.
 zuglo65

Had a meet and greet
Posted: 3/28/2015 7:26:57 AM

Go with intent. Don't make her feel like a good friend. Make her feel like she is your date. See the difference?

Good advice, even tho I don't fully understand..So maybe more explonation needed for the OP as well?
I am saying this because he isn't sure about his new "friend" who stayed for 2 and a half hours, was happy to hear from him, and even texted him, and said yes to meet a second time.
All those are very good signs that she likes him, yet OP worries.
 zuglo65
Msg: 133 (view)

pictureless profiles
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:50:29 AM
I have zero issue with no pictures..She could have many reason..
So I go read her profile and would send her a quick message if I think we are compatible, even she doesn't have a picture.
I think it does say a lot about a person, and it's not at all good if he/she won't.
 zuglo65
Msg: 52 (view)

Help me understand if possible
Posted: 3/24/2015 3:28:07 AM
Here it is again.
[ouote]And I referred her as a nutcase because she said I am looking to sleep around AND that I accused HER to looking for someone who will take care of her.

I called her inmature for blocking me, not giving me a chance to explain myself.
And I stand by my comment.
But thanks for posting.
 zuglo65
Msg: 115 (view)

Feeling Discouraged and Burned Out on Dating.....
Posted: 3/23/2015 4:25:16 PM
Hm..I know the feeling..
 zuglo65
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2015 4:23:30 PM
2ufo, thank you for your advice.
Maybe I should put all that in my profile..
But than again if I have to go into that much details what nothing serious means maybe she isn't right for me.
I mean if I see something in her profile that I don't like, I will not write to her. It's that simple.
It is why I started this thread, to help me understand someone who wrote to ME..
She had to see nothing serious. So when I asked her about it, she accused me of wanting to sleep around.
And I made a comment about money, can't remember what, again she accused me that I think she needs someone to take care of her!
Why don't I ask her about it? She blocked me..Very mature thing to do..Hope she sees this thread.

But I want to clear something out, I know it is a different subject, and everytime it comes up it gets heated, but
FWB is not simply sex. Letter "F" stands for friends..Just saying..
I had an FWB who came over after a bad day, and there was no sex..She wasn't into it, just wanted to cuddle, talk.
 zuglo65
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2015 3:55:47 PM
I "date" during a week..See I don't like the word date..
My thinking is you date your girlfriend, or someone who eventually become one, and said girlfriend becomes your wife, therefore you "date" in hopes of getting married. I do not want to get married, so by saying nothing serious those who looking for a husband pass on me.Why bullsh*t with eachother?
And I don't know how else to explain why I like "nothing serious" best other than a way I did.
Not going to re-locate, if I was going to sure wouldn't want to meet anyone from the state I am moving out of.
What kind of enjoyment? Hm..Strangly I am a type of guy who believes man and woman can be just friends.
Meaning someone can just call and tell me about her day, want to see a movie but don't want to go alone, want t5o go somewhere but don't want to go alone, type of "enjoyment in each other's company" .
Or she just bought an entertainment center, and need a guy with a pickup truck and some tools.
Or she just had a bad day at work, and wants to come over for some love making, but don't want a guy who will cling to her, a guy who wants to be with her 24/7.
Some would call it an FWB.
 zuglo65
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2015 7:06:35 AM
I changed my profile a few times, so nothing embolded anymore.
It was the "I chose nothing serious, blah blah but I am not looking to sleep around" line
And I referred her as a nutcase because she said I am looking to sleep around AND that I accused HER to looking for someone who will take care of her.
And she wrote to me! Well, if you see a guy looking for nothing serious and to you it means sleeping around, why would you write to him???
And if you think asking to be financially secured means I am telling you I won't take care of your bills, or lend you money, again why would you write to me?
 zuglo65
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2015 5:18:39 AM
LadyEssKay you are absolutelly correct..I am not sure why I cared.
Loveistemple I have no clue what are you talking about..
Bait??No bait here, I don't work like that, trust me have a few idea how to bait ladies if I chose to do that.
But I prefer her to like a real me, if not no problem.
Fearful walls?? Hm..Some truth to that.
Prerequisites? Had to look that up.
"A thing that is required as a prior condition for something else to happen or exist."
Still don't understand it.
Self righteous parenting? I admit I had to look that up too. How do I come across as a know it all Dad???
Or is means something else?
Demands of solvency?? Not at all, but sorry if I would have an issue lending her money over and over.
I have my bills and everything under control so should she..Oh I am such an ***hole.
Inflexibility? Again, where did you get that? Plenty of time during a week, if she isn't comfortable with the idea that on the weekends my daughter is with me. Course if she isn't we are not a match anyway.
And finally sorry but I am just not attracted to obese women. I'll own that comment.
Maybe if she wouldn't have said few exra pounds, than we had to seat at the table becasue she didn't fit in a booth, I could leave out "fit in a bumper car seat" line.
 zuglo65
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2015 4:01:28 PM
OK so if it's not all that clear I simply don't know how to make it clearer?..Is that a word?
Saying nothing serious doesn't mean I am looking to sleep around to me SHOULD be clear enough.
Sure some might not believe me, but not much I can do about that.
OK so if it's not all that clear I simply don't know how to make it clearer?..Is that a word?
Saying nothing serious doesn't mean I am looking to sleep around to me SHOULD be clear enough.
Sure some might not believe me, but not much I can do about that.

you are an angry individual that doesn't particularly like women, in general.

I can see how I would come across like that. Fair enough.
But the truth is I was accused looking to sleep around one time too many times.
And not sure how to make those women understand how far that is from the truth.
Why do I care? Hmmm..Good question..
Even with an FWB situation I was a one woman men. Always will be.
So I was hurt, and lashed out, didn't help that I was attacked.
Anyhown this is internet.
 zuglo65
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2015 5:47:24 AM
I did clarify what "Nothing serious" means to ME.
Sure I like sex, but I am not only after that, than move on.
Commitment phobe? It's not that simple to me, hard to explain, maybe now it's not a right time, and maybe never be..
Far from a player..Very far.
Anyway, I feel like I am honest about everything in my profile, I heard too honest.
I also feel I am upfront, and clear. Sure there are a few who twisted my words around.
 zuglo65
Msg: 13 (view)

Question about a section of my profile
Posted: 3/20/2015 5:19:44 PM

So, someone with self esteem and ambition?

No...someone who is looking for a husband..DUH..
And I would like a link or proof to my other profile, where I am a 39 yeard old cigar smoker with no kids.
 zuglo65
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2015 5:17:41 PM

And can fit in a roller coaster/bumper car seat?
You are very suave. That is the most delicate way to say....
No fatties, that I have ever seen. You smo0th operator you.
* Cough
Is that part really needed?

Sadly yes...
Way too many "few extra pound" than we had to sit at the table because she couldn't fit in a booth.
 zuglo65
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2015 5:05:43 PM
Ozsealady...Number 3.
 zuglo65
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2015 4:54:42 PM
Oh yes I am delusional..OK..
Not even going to respond to that..
Not sure why that poster was laughing a lot..Hm..
My backround is bad? OK, don't really care about that, they are recent and look at that a FULL lenght..How about we all do that, eh?
Anyway I calmed down, people will think of me whatever they want.
Keeping "nothing serious" because that is what I am looking for, if anyone has an issue with it, oh well.
Just because someone chose wanting relationship doesn't mean he isn't really just after sex, wanting to sleep around, am I not right about that.
 zuglo65
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 3/17/2015 5:19:09 AM
LOL..Sure maybe a wrong ones, and that is my goal.
 zuglo65
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 3/17/2015 5:07:39 AM
Sorry ScarletSienna I don't understand what you saying..

And would you rather that she gave you a "real" reason so you could feel insulted instead of wrongfully accused?

Honestly yes I would prefer that.
Would not feel insulted of anyone rejects me becasue of my look, or whatever the case might be.
 zuglo65

Posted: 3/17/2015 5:01:46 AM
LOL..I guess I messed up..I want an opinion/review on that section of my profile. Is that possible?
 zuglo65

Posted: 3/17/2015 4:44:34 AM
It's hard for me to let go of being wrongfully accused.
If she rejects me, that is fine. But she should do it for a "real" reason, or it will make her look dumb in my eyes.
But meh..Guess you are right, can't please'em all..Not that I am trying to do that..
 zuglo65
Msg: 4 (view)

Datehookup.com
Posted: 3/17/2015 4:28:15 AM
Same here...Weird..Oh well...
 zuglo65

Posted: 3/17/2015 4:27:03 AM
Please read the next two bold lines very carefully.
Choose nothing serious because I liked that option the best.
It does not mean I am looking for casual sex, one night stands with as many women as I can.
Apparently it is hard to comprehend to some and I am getting accused that I am looking to sleep around
Also you should be financially, and emotionally secured, sorry if that is offending to some, or it's taken as I am accusing anyone in any way..
 zuglo65

Posted: 3/17/2015 4:11:59 AM
I know this might belong to a profile view section, but then again I am not asking advice on my profile.
So there is a two bold sentences in my profile that seems to hard to comprehend for many women.
At first it wasn't there, but I got a few message saying she isn't interested because I am not looking for anything serious, so that means I want to sleep around. So I tried to explain, and even made it bold, easier to read.
Still got a few rejection, so I made some changes, probably make me seem like I am upset.
I am not just don't understand why is it so hard to understand, and why would anyone make a not so nice comment on it, about me, saying she is not interested in someone looking to sleep around..
Also why is asking to be financially and emotionally secured is a bad thing.
Hm..Maybe I just ran into a nutcase, and better off finding out early?
 zuglo65
Msg: 21 (view)

Multiple FWBs
Posted: 2/20/2015 5:18:34 AM
I always had just one FWB. Wouldn't have it any other way, and hope she feels a same way.
And OP you explined FWB prefectly..I know I get tired reading posts where FWB was confused with FB.
 zuglo65
Msg: 23 (view)

Referring to an ex as...'my friend'.
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:04:31 AM
Hm...I refer my ex as my ex..
 zuglo65
Msg: 409 (view)

Paying for a date...
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:34:33 PM

zuglo, he said "I didn't say I wanted to go out, I said I wanted to see you". Since he is in the military and lives in the barracks, that would only leave my place. I did suggest going for a walk and low-cost options, but he found fault with everything. And I had met him twice before, both were dates on which he didn't spend a dime, which was fine, but it I'm not even worth a happy meal or a $3 cup of coffee at Starbucks at this point, why bother to have this go on?

Well in that case I agree with you..
 zuglo65
Msg: 30 (view)

time has taken a toll
Posted: 2/15/2015 8:08:29 AM
Interesting.."Men in their 50's ALL want a woman in their 20's"...ALL???
Well I don't..
But I do want..errr..prefer someone who at least as in shape as I am.
 zuglo65

Bad sex vs no sex
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:56:52 AM
I would walk away.
 zuglo65
Msg: 35 (view)

pictureless profiles
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:49:01 AM

Although I would message someone without a picture..I would NEVER again meet someone without a picture before hand

I agree.
 zuglo65
Msg: 385 (view)

Paying for a date...
Posted: 2/15/2015 7:45:41 AM

His answer - he didn't ask me out, he asked if I wanted to see him. In other words, hang out at my house.

Did he actually said that? If yes, I agree with you. If not, than I have to wonder what is soooo wrong meeting at the park or somewhere similar?
But of course if he can't even afford a coffee, he really should just stay home.
 zuglo65

Question for fellow truckers
Posted: 2/13/2015 8:36:55 PM
I agree..thanks..that is what I said to him..I just don't feel a truck struggling at all..Nice and smooth..
IMO 1, 2, 3 gears are there for heavy loads..
I drove a 13 speed before..never split those lower gears, I just wasn't heavy enough to do that.
 zuglo65

Posted: 2/13/2015 8:03:59 PM
Hm...I just always started out in a fourth gear, did not felt I am doing anything wrong.
But when this co-worker questioned me, I couldn't tell him why I don't think it's bad.
As I said he couldn't tell me why it's wrong to take off in fourth either.
I take off in that gear empty, level ground, sorry I thought that was obvious.
 zuglo65

Posted: 2/13/2015 6:11:47 PM
Is taking off in a fourth gear does any damage to the engine?
Me and my co-worker got into it about it.
He says it's not good, but didn't really had any explanation.
I say it's actually help you get up to speed, and better for a transmission since you don't have to shift from 1-4.
So who is right?
 zuglo65
Msg: 43 (view)

Do guys like shy girls?
Posted: 2/13/2015 5:11:58 AM
It's not a turn off at first..But I admit I do enjoy when a conversation is flowing, so when I talk to her on the phone, and she is "shy" I often wonder how the real life conversation will go?
 zuglo65
Msg: 21 (view)

the truth when being rejected.
Posted: 2/11/2015 5:17:46 AM

Shared interests are irrelevant if they don't find you attractive.

True.

That's the excuse we all use and vice versa when someone just isn't physically attracted to that person. I've done it. I'm sure you've done it. I don't see the need to belittle someone because they're short or there's something else physically you don't like about them. Why hurt someone's feelings unnecessarily?

I agree.
But to be honest I would want to know. Not sure why..I just do.
Course if I go to her profile and see that we have many shared interest, I got my answer.
I did received one follow up message that said it wasn't my picture, it was that I am not looking for anything serious.
 zuglo65
Msg: 46 (view)

COLD HOUSE GET TOGETHER
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:44:54 AM
*He is providing ice*...I found that funny as well.
On topic, I find it strange, wouldn't go as I wouldn't be comfortable there with hat and gloves on.
 zuglo65
Msg: 10 (view)

Older men more self-centered, or is it just me.....?!?
Posted: 2/11/2015 4:36:49 AM
I ask a lots of questions. I always worried that it sounds like an interview.
 zuglo65

Unsociable Hours
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:19:51 AM
If she knew in advance that you will have a weekend off and she made plans with a friend to me it's pretty much says I am not all that interested.
Of course if you two saw eachother once a month, and it's not likely to change, why should she be?
And why should you be? It won't/can't work.
 zuglo65
Msg: 201 (view)

Paying for a date
Posted: 2/10/2015 5:07:46 AM

You lost me with that phrase, Eternityboresme.
One would think that both people on a date would put their best foot forward to ensure both have a good time.

I agree.
It's good to see that many still thinks if he pays he must be a gentleman, or a real man.
*sarcasm*

Show ALL Forums