Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Something is wrong
 Unikshik
Msg: 8 (view)

Something is wrong
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:38:00 PM
When I get an e-mail that has a movie, I just click on download. It is suppose to show me the movie clip in a small box.
 Unikshik
Msg: 7 (view)

Something is wrong
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:36:18 PM
The movies on Youtube are fine. The movie clips are the ones that I am having trouble with. WMV clips...the sound is there but the box is green and it will not let me see the video.
 Unikshik
Msg: 4 (view)

Something is wrong
Posted: 2/3/2010 8:26:59 PM
Extension???... I am really not a computer savy person. I need instructions in black and white... otherwise it is above my head.
 Unikshik
Msg: 1 (view)

Something is wrong
Posted: 2/3/2010 3:20:52 PM
I was wondering if someone could please help me. My friends send me video clips on e-mails and when I open and download them all I get is a green box!!!. I can hear the video clip , the sound is there, but instead of the movie it's a green box. Is there something wrong with my computer??? Maybe the settings are wrong... I have no idea. Your help is appreciated!!!.
 Unikshik
Msg: 19 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/23/2009 2:38:08 PM
Something amazing happened... this guy fixed my old computer, and he was also able to restore everything that I had... I am sooo happy. Thank you guys for all your help...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!... I will be giving my thank, I have many things to be thankful for , but also for all of the unknown people out there (like you) who try to help others by sharing your knowledge!!!... :) Blessings!!!
 Unikshik
Msg: 18 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:02:45 AM
What a great idea... I will probably try it with my old computer...the problem is, that I can't even get to my Desktop...it will not let me....the I can't find the OS disks and when I called HP they are absolete!!!... What to do???
 Unikshik
Msg: 17 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/19/2009 8:58:36 PM
Hello Cinsav!
I appreciate your information! I have heard of Ubuntu before and I have no idea what it is. I did buy a computer with windows...which I have not installed yet due to the lack of time and in a way a little scared of doing it and it not working. When it comes to computer I just use them, I have no idea about technology...but I am learning slowly...I just crashed my other PC lost everything, so now you know where my paranoia comes from. About the Intel and AMD cards, chips... What do I know!!!...but I am sure that you knew what I meant since your response was very informative. Thanks! Wish me luck, will you???
 Unikshik
Msg: 16 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:30:28 AM
Thank you guys for all of your shared knowledge with me...I wish you knew how much I appreciate this!!! :)... You are the best!!!
 Unikshik
Msg: 14 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/16/2009 5:21:40 AM
Its' a done deal, Steel. I got my P6210 yesterday!!!... So happy!...I did not get the best deal in town though. I got it from Best Buy and the price was $579.00, just the computer. I went to Staples first but they did not have it, and the deal on line was all over with by the time I decided. Anyhow, thank you!!!
 Unikshik
Msg: 12 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/15/2009 5:35:39 AM
Thank you so much for all of your time...I think I will go with your advice about the P6210. It all makes sense. You can not imagine how greatful I am for your help. Have a GREAT day!!!
 Unikshik
Msg: 10 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/14/2009 8:39:55 PM
It's around $799.00 on a bundle package, around $659.00. I was looking at the ones on Staples, great prices, the one you mention $440.00. plus I was looking at others similar. for instance...

This is the p6240 for $699.00

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8300
8GB installed memory
750GB hard drive
SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n
High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable
15-in-1 memory card reader
Monitor sold separately
Dimensions 16.85"(L) x 6.97"(W) x 15.32"(H/D) approx.
Include HP USB keyboard and optical mouse

This one is p6234 with monitor for $599.00

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel® Pentium® Processor E5400
6GB installed memory
640GB hard drive
SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology
Includes HP 2159m 21.5" diagonal 16:9 Full HD 1080p LCD monitor
High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable
15-in-1 memory card reader
Include HP USB keyboard and optical mouse
1 year warranty

All good... Don't you think??
 Unikshik

New Computer
Posted: 11/14/2009 8:13:08 PM
Hi Steel!

This is the info on the 6230 that I was looking at......It is more powerful than the one you were looking at...Please tell me what you think...

HP Pavilion Desktop with AMD Phenom™ II X4 Quad-Core Processor
Power cord/cable
HP USB keyboard, HP USB optical mouse
Software: Microsoft Works 9; Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe; HP MediaSmart Software Suite
Owner's manual
Product Features
AMD Phenom™ II X4 810* quad-core processor
True multicore processing for extreme multitasking performance. Cool'n'Quiet™ 3.0 and CoolCore™ technologies and Dual Dynamic Power Management™ for efficient energy usage.
Direct Connect Architecture
Delivers overall system performance. HyperTransport™ technology, AMD Balanced Smart Cache and AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator for quick access times and improved performance.
AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
For multithreaded software performance, and AMD Virtualization with Rapid Virtualization Indexing to help virtualization software run securely and efficiently.
8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media. Supports DVD-RAM. Also supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media.
2MB L2 cache memory
For efficient system processing.
750GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
Offers spacious storage options and fast read/write times.
ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
Features 256MB integrated shared graphics memory and up to 3067MB total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows 7. High-definition audio with 8-speaker support.
15-in-1 media reader
Supports SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card, MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, miniSD, Compact Flash Type I/II, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo formats.
Also supports Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Mobile and MultiMediaCard Plus formats.
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 8 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.
Built-in wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/n)
Wirelessly connect to the Internet.
Built-in 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet networking interface
For a wired Internet connection.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
Software package included
With Microsoft Works 9, Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe, HP MediaSmart Software Suite and more. 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 also included.
AMD, AMD Arrow logo, AMD Phenom, Cool'n'Quiet, HyperTransport and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced
 Unikshik
Msg: 6 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/14/2009 6:55:27 PM
Guys, you are the best!!!...You answered my questions. Thanks for the input about Verizon Internet Suite...I have had nothing but problems with it, including my computer crashing and now I find myself with the need to get another one.
I was interested in the HP6230, but if you think that the HP6210 will do ot for me I will consider it since it is a little bit cheaper than the other one. I have the monitor from my old computer, which it's a great one, I hope it works with the new one. I am just waiting now for the best price since Thanksgiving is coming up and all the deals of Black Friday, it will be worth waiting a few days more. I will definitely check into the virus protection that you mentioned...so I can kiss Verizon good bye...and this will happen sooner than you think! Thank you so much!.. I wish you Happy Holidays in advance.
 Unikshik
Msg: 3 (view)

New Computer
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:19:39 PM
Thank you!... I completely understand what you are saying. I just want a computer fast enough to search the Web, do pictures with my Adobe photoshop, listen and download music, e-mails, play some games (not the heavy gaming stuff) etc...
 Unikshik

New Computer
Posted: 11/14/2009 7:28:11 AM
I would like to know... Which one is best the Intel or the AMD Anthlon cards? Is there a difference between the two? I am in the middle of deciding of buying a new computer since my old PC crashed. I use the PC's for music, pictures (photoshop), searching the web. Do you have any recommendations on what system to get? Also, I have the Verizon Internet Suite for Virus protection, any comments on that?... I think that by talking to so many different tech's at Verizon (I was having problems with the internet) and them telling me to do this and that my computer crashed. It is an old computer (5yo), so instead of repairing it might as well spend the money on something new... What do you think? and thanks for your input!!!
 Unikshik

HELP PLease!!!
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:11:51 PM
I did it with your help!!!! I can watch videos now!!!... I am sooooo happy and forever grateful!!! XXXOOO

Cheers / Ticketoride
 Unikshik

HELP PLease!!!
Posted: 2/3/2009 9:42:52 AM
Everything was working fine, until I tried to play a game that told me that I needed to update my Adobe Flash Player...After I did that, I could no longer watch any videos...like in YouTube or CNN news...etc...

When I went in Control Panel I don't see the Adobe Flash Player program anywhere!!!..Then when I went to install it again it tells me that it is already downloaded.

I get really confused when I see you talking about this and that when I have no idea what anything is on the computer.. in order for me to fix this I need to be led by the hand!!!... step one, step two...etc... I am really "dumb" on technology talk.

All I know that I am really frustruated to a point of tears!!!
 Unikshik
Msg: 5 (view)

HELP PLease!!!
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:27:01 AM
Well, I tried... I looked under Control Panel add/remove programs I can not find Adobe Flash Player. Then I tried to download it again it tells me it's already downloaded. I just don't know!!!
 Unikshik

HELP PLease!!!
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:27:55 PM
Thank you so much for your input help... I will try...Wish me luck!
 Unikshik

HELP PLease!!!
Posted: 2/1/2009 4:14:59 PM
Last night I was trying to download the Adobe Flash Player, I don't know if it work or not...It says it did... However since then I can not watch the news, YouTube. ..When I go to Youtube it tells me..."Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."... Can any one out there help me with this... I don't know what I did wrong...before I started to do this I was able to watch the movies on YouTube or the CNN news..etc... Now nothing...I am so upset, since I don't know much about computers. Please tell me what I need to do!!! and thanks in advance for all your help!
 Unikshik
Msg: 14 (view)

I must have pissed God off in a previous life.....
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:28:20 PM
Don't worry Nino...you are not the only one. There are many of us out here. This is my 7th Xmas alone... and to tell you the truth, it is best to be alone than with bad company... Oh yes it is very hard, just keep busy, and tomorrow is another day!...There is always a New Year around the corner after Xmas, something to look forward to and to keep our hopes up for better things to come along...I am still waiting for my dreams to come true...Whatever!!!... Best wishes to you!
 Unikshik
Msg: 29 (view)

Any other women out there in love with a married man???
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:30:55 PM
Wow!!! You are 58 years old??? I am surprised that you would be asking a question like that!!!... Have you not learned anything yet about the rules of life???...about what is right and what is wrong???

Rule #1... If you are single STAY AWAY and do not get involved with someone who is married.

Rule #2...If you are married. Don't get involved with anyone outside the marriage...

As simple as that!!!... He will never leave his wife for you. You are wasting precious time and at your age you shouldn't be wasting anything!!!.
 Unikshik
Msg: 19 (view)

Is this something that should be bothering me this much?
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:17:19 PM
My advise is: Move out, he does not deserve you. You are too young and too pretty to be waiting around for someone who does not want to spend quality time with you. When someone truly loves you all that matters is you. I wish you luck.!
 Unikshik
Msg: 11 (view)

How Many Times Have You Said I Love You?
Posted: 10/9/2008 9:27:01 AM
I say I love you everyday to my close friends and members of my family!!!... No, to me saying the words "I Love You" it's not hard to say if you really, really feel it in your heart and mean it.
 Unikshik

Which MP3 player should I get???
Posted: 5/6/2008 1:42:48 PM
Thank you guys, I really appreciate your inputs!!!
 Unikshik

Posted: 5/4/2008 6:09:19 PM
Thank you so much for the info....all these things you are telling me about synching, Limewire, dragging mp3 files...Oh yeah... chinese to me..I can not believe that your friend as a 10 year old was thinking so far ahead, so right he was!!! Mind Blowing!!! I hope he made it to the patent office too~!!! LOL... Thank you, I really appreciate your time to help me out!
 Unikshik

Posted: 5/4/2008 6:05:58 PM
Thank you guys for all the info... I really need it. The only thing that keeps me from the IPod is that it does not have a radio...and I think I would listen to it while walking. I do like all the gadgets that they have for the IPod...well see... I gave myself a week to make up my mind. I need a GPS too...Have any idea... so many choices out there...on everything...it drives me crazy.
 Unikshik
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2008 6:01:27 PM
Hi!.. I went shopping around today (again) and can't make up my mind., just to let you know the Creative Zen is history around here...Best Buys don't even carry them anymore.
 Unikshik

Posted: 5/4/2008 10:27:12 AM
I can't make up my mind on which MP3 Player I should get. The IPod because it's so popular and everyone has one???... I am leaning more towards the Zune. I like the idea of the radio. Can you please help me on making up my mind... I am soooooo confused, they have so many choices out there. I need my MP3 player for exercising, walking my dog and for downloading pictures...If you have one please tell me the Pro's and Con's...Cool? Thanks for your input!!!
 Unikshik

Why have to LOGIN every 10 mins... ?
Posted: 5/4/2008 10:14:50 AM
I do agree with you. I log in, then if I want to see who's been viewing me then I have to log again... Wasssuuuuppp with that???
 Unikshik
Msg: 496 (view)

I'll review your profile, tell the truth and help you out.
Posted: 2/1/2008 6:07:23 AM
Carly...See if you can help me out on this one... I just changed my profile last night after being patiently waiting for a fish worthy of me, and it did not happen. Be honest with me... I don't mind if you tell me like it is...
 Unikshik
Msg: 5 (view)

I really blew my profile!!!
Posted: 2/1/2008 6:04:40 AM
Hello TJ!... I really appreciate your input. I will not change my profile for now. I felt like doing this to make people aware of what is really going on instead of putting up a front of being too nice so you can catch a fish. I am just tired of the games!!!...I don't want to play anymore...I am and always been honest to a T. I always speak from the heart, unlike a lot of people. I wish you my best in your search, be patient. I just feel like I am running out of time... LOL... Take care!
 Unikshik

Posted: 2/1/2008 5:55:16 AM
I just did this profile yesterday, I had a real nice one. I mention at the beginning of it for people not to read it...Didn't I???...I am just being honest about the way I feel about this whole dating scene at my age. Not fun at all. Lots of disappointments. I just wonder how many women feel this way, and that is what I am trying to find out. Thanks for your input... I will probably change it later on...
 Unikshik

Posted: 2/1/2008 5:42:17 AM
Hello Barbee...defintely I am not desperate... I am just disappointed...I just hope that you do not find yourself alone at my age!... I am just being honest!!!...and there is nothing wrong with that...or is there???
 Unikshik

You Might As Well Read This One Too!
Posted: 1/31/2008 4:01:19 PM
I can not believe that no one have helped you with your profile... Here is my opinion..this picture has to go...need a new one...A clean shaven one. And on the description you are not describing anything, just the agony of pretending...So you need to write things about yourself, you life, your enjoyments...and the way your personality is. I hope this helped you.
 Unikshik

Posted: 1/31/2008 3:56:53 PM
OMG...I changed my profile because I am sooooo disappointed...My other profile was too nice...and I did not have too many responses. So, I just told it like it is...Please read it...let me know what you think... Should I change it back to "nice"??? H E L P!!!...or should I just quit fishing altogether???
 Unikshik

review my profile...PLEASE let me know what you think
Posted: 1/31/2008 3:51:27 PM
The other picture is better!!!...

Show ALL Forums