Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: If you could choose any job/career, which one would you choose and why ?
 tiggerthetrigger
Msg: 31 (view)

If you could choose any job/career, which one would you choose and why ?
Posted: 6/20/2008 12:51:15 PM
i would love to work in a zoo it has been my dream job since i was about eight would love to work with the big cats or the elephants but with three kids i somtimes feel like i already work in a zoo but other than that i would love to be a singer i can sing but i know i just dont have that star quality but wow how good would it be to stand on stage and know that people had paid money just to have you entertain them now that what i call a dream job
 sistersin
Msg: 69 (view)

Cats or Dogs
Posted: 4/14/2008 5:42:32 AM
i love both. i have a ginger tom called loki who is 1 year old and well named as he is always up to mischief and a 3 year old sprocker spaniel called bailey we also have just got a new pet a chinese hamster called billy whizz bob after our other hamster sir rodney snowball died
 sistersin
Msg: 19 (view)

Mobile flush
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:28:38 AM
it seems to be the done thing in out house i have dropped a mobile in a cuppa, my daughter dropped one down the loo and my son had one go in the washer and dropped one in a glass of champagne on new years eve
 sistersin
Msg: 13 (view)

Books that leave a lasting impression on you!
Posted: 4/6/2008 3:29:13 AM
i did make me look a people in a different way it proves that people who may appear normal can hold some very dark secrets
 sistersin
Msg: 11 (view)

Books that leave a lasting impression on you!
Posted: 4/6/2008 2:24:29 AM
i have read a child called it and a few others along the same lines, little prisoner, dont tell mummy, behind closed doors and i find you cant help but be affected by these sad stories. another true story book that left an impression on me was paul britton the jigsaw man he was a pshychological profiler and he was involved in many high profile case such as cromwell street and jamie bulger. it is hard to read at times given that these are true cases but just amazing how he works thing out.
i would have to say the best book from my childhood is the water babies by charles kingsley i read is so many times and even enjoyed it as an adult when reading it to my kids .
 sistersin
Msg: 5 (view)

have your kids ever done or said something to make you blush
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:49:59 PM
i know what you mean redee my son was the same and followed me every where he followed me in to the loo one night when i had friends around and said in a rather loud voice mum is that your mustache under your bum i was 8 months pregnant at the time and and found trimming the garden a bit difficult and was a bit red faced when i had to go back into the room
 sistersin
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2008 10:59:42 AM
yes i think vibrators are definatley a good source of embarassment
 sistersin
Msg: 19 (view)

allen carr - giving up smoking the easy way...
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:53:06 AM
i read this book about 3 years ago but it did not work for me but a friend of mine read the book at the same time and she has not smoked since so i do believe that the book works for some people. i wish you loads of luck .
 sistersin
Msg: 6 (view)

At the top of the hill, not quite over it yet
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:34:56 AM
hi chatty i read an article in a mag last week and it said that the most popular sites on the net at the moment are those for more mature people looking for love so you are not alone i cant remember all the sites mentioned but here are 2 that i do remember senior date link and friends over 50 i hope this is some help to you and best of luck
 sistersin
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 4/2/2008 2:54:37 PM
most kids go through a stage where they are embarrased by there parents but have your kids ever done or said something to really make you blush and how did you react? . one day when my eldest was about three my mum had popped around for a cuppa we were in the middle of a nice conversation when he walked into the room with my vibrator in his hand asking mum what is this? my ex nearly fell of the chair and let out muffled scream my mum didnt know where to look. i calmly got up took it off my son and left the room saying you know when you have got kids you have no secrets. so have your kids ever done something as blush worthy?
 sistersin
Msg: 30 (view)

Hangover Cures
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:13:18 AM
lucozade really helps but failing that have some juice with a little salt and sugar in it helps rehydrate its best if you remember to take it befor bed but is still god on the morn and this was told to me by a doctor
 sistersin
Msg: 23 (view)

Things you never told your mum or dad
Posted: 3/28/2008 6:51:21 AM
i never told that it was me and not my brother that broke the glass in the sitting room door or that it was me not my brother that shot a hole through the back door with an air rifle and that it was my fault that the glass got broke in the back door cos i locked my brother out and he knocked so hard it smashed and not that it slammed shut with the wind can you see a famillia pattern here bless my older brother he took the blame for every thing for me
 sistersin
Msg: 56 (view)

How many of you have dogs right now?What dogs do you have?
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:21:31 AM
i have a sprocker spaniel (springer/****r cross) called bailey i have had springer spaniels in the past and they are fantastic dogs but i think my sprocker is a good example of cross breeding he is far calmer and not as nuts as a springer spaniel he has all the intelegence of a springer but was much easier to train so in some cases cross breeding can produce fantastic dogs but i do agree that cross breeding can dangerous you have to consider the nature of both breeds and combining to potentially dangerous breeds is asking for problems
 sistersin
Msg: 107 (view)

What do you miss from when you were a kid?
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:49:08 AM
6 weeks hols spending at least 2 of them on our boat at holy island diving off the side in to the sea on red hot days watching the glowing jellyfish on a warm summer night caravaning in melrose in scotland in 1976 what a year that was. playing hop scothch, hide and seek and follow the arrows. water pistols, spud guns and proper roller skates. sat morn tv swap shop was the best but most of all not having a care in the world
 sistersin
Msg: 120 (view)

WHO ATTRACTS YOU MOST ?
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:26:09 AM
i think most of us have a type that will make us turn our heads when they walk in to a room for me it is bald head and stocky build but i am a firm believer that looks are only half of the attraction you could see the man of your dreams looks wise and he could have the personality of a wet fish or get talking to someone you would never think you would go for and find a fantastic partner so generally i tend to reserve judgment until i have spoken to someone
 sistersin
Msg: 34 (view)

Ghosts & The Supernatural
Posted: 3/26/2008 4:05:52 AM
yes i do believe i have had a few strange things happen over the years but mostly since i moved in to my current home. my ex bought my eldest son a mobile which i was furious about because it cost a lot of money and he just bought it on a whim anyway after a few days the phone went missing and myself and my three kids turned the house upside down looking for it we looked everywhere for about a week and a half then one night my daughter walked in to her room and it was in the middle of her floor in plain sight this has happened a few times an important document i hunted for turned up in the middle of my kitchen floor my friends have also experienced my mischivious ghost so i know its not just me but i must say i have never felt afraid in my home it has a lovely atmosphere
 sistersin
Msg: 9 (view)

strange thing you eat after a night out
Posted: 3/25/2008 5:32:12 AM
well milliblue why be normal when you can be like us instead and you only got the blame for the clothes cos you couldnt run and hide cos you were to busy wetting your self laughing
 sistersin
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2008 4:09:21 AM
well i know i have ate some strange thing after a night out but thankfully not that strange and i bet they tasted bloody lovely at the time
 sistersin
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2008 3:28:04 AM
definatley feeling more normal now all i really wanted was curry sauce and chips with lashings of salt and vinegar but the chippy outside the club was closed thats why i resorted to the usuall fridge raid
 sistersin
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 3/20/2008 7:17:03 PM
just been out clubbing the first time in so many months sad i know but came home so hungry as you do. so i ate some cheese and pickled onions followed by a bowl of cornflakes is it just me who has strange food after a night out help me please show me i am normal
 sistersin
Msg: 145 (view)

Tattoo's on boobs...attractive or not?
Posted: 1/8/2008 11:53:13 AM
i have 2 tatoos. i had them done in my thirties so they were not done as an act of rebellion i thought long and hard about what i wanted and where i wanted them they are both on my breasts and i dont regret having them done i think a good tatoo can look good on male or female. they are both small and can be covered up if i choose. one is a butterfly and the other is tigger hence why all my close friends call me tigs. but to be honest i think tatoos are like marmite you either love em or hate em
 sistersin
Msg: 304 (view)

What book are you currently reading?
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:09:40 PM
i am reading the blue zone richard north at the mo and have recently read the last harry potter i have also in the past read and enjoyed all of dan browns books all of sidney sheldons and also a good few of james pattersons there is nothing better than a bit of escapism into a good book
 sistersin
Msg: 80 (view)

Responsibility for pregnancy from a fling or one-night-stand
Posted: 7/25/2007 6:06:21 PM
this is a hard question a lot of men think that birth control is a womans job but some do take the responsability. on the other hand unfortunatley many a baby has been concived and terminated without a mans knowledge or consent and also many men have said that they do not wish to continue with a pregnancy and the woman has gone ahead and gave birth women think they have the right to choose because they have to give birth but what if the man wants to take full responsabillity at the end of the pregnancy should a woman then go ahead this is one of those arguments that could go round and round in circles forever the only answer is never at any point to have sex unless you are prepared to face the concequences but we are only human and mistakes will be made but so long as those mistakes are embraced learned from and loved and nurtured xx
 sistersin
Msg: 14 (view)

does it still affect you.
Posted: 7/25/2007 5:16:26 PM
i think we are all affected by our past relationships its how we grow . i was on occasions phyiscally abbused in my marriage but mostly mentally abused in the most cruel ways you could ever imagine and it was not the hand that could me flintch and cower but the mouth. there will always be triggers that brings back the past no matter how hard a current partner tries but we have to choose whether we will allow our past dissapointments to affect our future happiness and to know what it is you dont want in a relationship makes what you want so much clearer and better xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 sistersin
Msg: 20 (view)

Does your username attract....
Posted: 7/25/2007 4:26:47 PM
yes my user name seems to attract the same question all the time hi sister do you sin of course i sin we all do from time to time dont we girls thats what makes us sooooooo good. it just takes the right kind of man to make us sin in the right kind of way wooooooooo hooooooo
 sistersin
Msg: 25 (view)

being proud of your child's achievements
Posted: 7/16/2007 2:55:04 PM
i think our kids make us so proud in every thing they do its what make motherhood such a joy as mothers they make us want to scream with frustration one minute and cry with joy the next my three all make me swell with pride but my oldest has over come some hurdles and is turning out to be a really decent young man he had a battle with menengitis when he turned six he has suffered with bad behaviour and adhd since he attended a private school for bad behavior and has just left this month with the highest award that the school gives and the hope of some fantastic exam results but his highest achievment to me is that he has not gone the way of many of his peers and is not into drugs or illegal passtimes he may have an attitude at times but he has morals and respect for the law and i could not ask for more than that and may i just add this is the only thread so far that has made smile and cry keep up the good work everyone xxxxxxxxxxx
 sistersin
Msg: 36 (view)

Pet's Names
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:38:17 AM
i got a sprocker spaniel called bailey cos his patches are the colour of baileys irish cream and a six month old cat called loki and he really lives up to his name (the god of mischief) also had a springer called millie and another cat called definatley delicious but she was called d d for short used to have 2 goldfish called puddles and splosh many years ago i had couple of ferrets called musky and stinker as you can tell i am an animal lover and the list goes on but i wont bore you with any more lol
 sistersin
Msg: 34 (view)

Strange places you have woken up after a night on the beers...
Posted: 7/12/2007 6:39:12 AM
i was once (many moon ago i must add) woken up in a night club by frantic bouncers thinking that there was no way i could sleep through the noise so must be dead needless to say i was asked to leave incase i paniced them again
 sistersin
Msg: 38 (view)

do we have more than 1 soul mate in our life time ?????
Posted: 7/12/2007 4:37:35 AM
i believe we have many soul mates in our life time a soul mate dose not have to be a lover and partner my 2 sons and my daughter are my soul mates as well as the rest of my family and close friends.
 sistersin
Msg: 40 (view)

You could be single for the next 10 years - would that bother you?
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:48:14 AM
no i dont think i would put in more of an effort to look i think the harder you look the harder it is to find and the more chance you have of picking the wrong in desperation. i chose to stay single after a disastorus marrage to find ME again and i know that when i find a relationship both my head and my heart will be ready for it
 sistersin
Msg: 25 (view)

fashion disasters
Posted: 6/28/2007 2:51:18 PM
shhhh so did i xxxxx...hammer time!!!!
 sistersin
Msg: 9 (view)

The funny things people say ....
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:25:02 AM
i think kids tend to say the funniest things when my son was 2 we were out shopping and he needed the loo so i took him and decided to go myself and he proceded to say in a not so quiet voice mummy is that your muchtashe under your bum and unfortunatley the loos were full needles to say i came out of the cubicle with a very red face
 sistersin
Msg: 66 (view)

noisey sex
Posted: 6/28/2007 7:03:37 AM
think i would have set off the smoke alarm and said it was all there fault for being too hot
 sistersin
Msg: 10 (view)

fashion disasters
Posted: 6/28/2007 6:49:34 AM
actually millibean it was not me in asda with the green froggy eyed wellies on i dont have green froggy eyed wellies mine are blue ha ha so it must have been you your always hanging around the frozen pea section ive seen you
 sistersin
Msg: 4 (view)

fashion disasters
Posted: 6/28/2007 6:39:20 AM
think my worst fashion disaster has to be a bright green rara skirt and matching luminous deely boppers on my head but thankfully i have no photographic evidence of my fashion nightmare lol

Show ALL Forums