Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: 69 is EVIL?
 iamdjnme
Msg: 31 (view)

69 is EVIL?
Posted: 3/4/2009 11:04:00 AM
Ya know for someone that has other stuff "2 get 2" you have posted alot...

Many others have said it, but I wanted to just say it again as you didn't catch on. Some girls (people) don't have the same feelings on things as you might or others. Some people don't like certain things "just cause" that's just life and personal preferences. If you don't like it that much move on to someone else (as you did). Unless that girl is broswing these forums all you'll get is opinions of others (as you have).

Just a tip next time you want decent responses in a public forum. Try to remember your not texting a friend. That type of writing style is ment for phones because of the keys and time it takes to long hand words on a phone keypad.... not for the full keyboard thats in front of you. I have surfed this site on my crackberry and posting like you do..is not from phone, but a pc... so act like you have use of a full keyboard it will help when trying to communicate.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 28 (view)

One person clothed, another naked?
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:19:56 AM
:P all naked cept socks crew checking in.. ha
 iamdjnme
Msg: 11 (view)

am i hearing things?
Posted: 11/1/2008 6:49:38 PM
Perfectly worded sam... fantastic.

If she really wanted to be with you bro, she would be. If not that instant then now, as you wrote this. I know it's very hard to accept, when it's easier to think "well if?!?". You deserve better, you deserve more and your daughter deserves a sober stong male role model. Good luck bud.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 8 (view)

What's love got to do with it?
Posted: 10/17/2008 7:38:31 PM
go to do with it
whats love but a second hand emotion.

sorry had too :D
 iamdjnme
Msg: 1 (view)

Love's deceit
Posted: 4/12/2008 4:29:08 PM
I found this poem and wanted to share it.I hope I'm not reposting this but i found it no where.

Love's Deceit

pleasure turns to the pain
lessons learned from the strain
questions burned in my brain..
about whether love is humane
in its touch.
these thoughts are like salmon swimming upstream
in the tears of your deceit.
fighting the current hurt that kills more than is created by the chaos
of our intertwined emotions.
chaotic because the anchor of Erros' arrow has been plucked
from the vessel of my undying infatuation
separation not as simple as the distance between us
my mind no longer possessed by demons
that have been the overseers of my enslavement to your lies
the seeds of these lies rooted so deeply
they have cracked the foundation of what we once shared
allowing the faith in us i had sealed inside
to gush out like a river
ripping the image of our future together from my thoughts
as violently and as brutally as if it were a child
being taken from its mothers arms
im left surrounded in darkness
but i refuse to be swallowed by it
my lonliness like the night air
invisible to the eye
obvious to the touch
it is cold uncomfortableness
yet if i could do it all over again
id do it in the same skin im in
to lay down and let love die
just stay down and let love lie?
no, no..not i
id stay around and let love fly
even though i have seen its darkest form
deceit
nothing else could taste this warm
or feel this sweet...
 iamdjnme
Msg: 12 (view)

how a girl dresses
Posted: 4/11/2008 5:24:22 AM
I myself have seemed to find, that girls dress to impress girls and feel good about themselves as much as they dress to impress guys .I could be waaayy of base, but it's something that I have seem to notice.

It don't take much to impress the average guy, the average female competition is a different story all together.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 13 (view)

what should i do
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:47:20 AM
Hey,

It really depends.Sounds like your some what invested in this relationship to even question if you should stick around.Most people wouldn't bother with someone if they still have issues or that much contact with a recent x.

Your a very attractive woman, so I would jsut move on or if he means alot to you at this point to do your own thing.Distance yourself a bit and see what happens with him and his x.Your worth way to much to have to feel like a third wheel or that your sitting there waiting for him to make a decision or get unconfused.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 6 (view)

This is something that I think befuddles ALL men.
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:21:46 AM
LoL

All I know is i have never and will never start a chat up with another guy when taking a dump... lol where someone heard that.. just NO. lol no.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 9 (view)

Would you date a guy with small wrists/hands?
Posted: 4/11/2008 3:04:59 AM
Hey,

Like most insecurities bro, it bothers you more than it would bother anyone else.Sometimes we focus on our downfalls and not enough on the great things about each one of us.As you see most of the women here wouldn't not be bothered by it in the least and then the reality is a few might be as they stated here.

Thats really life bud.Sometimes certain things turn people off and turn people on.Some people like dark hair some like light colored...some like skinny people and some like bigger people.It's really whatever floats each persons boat.

So, don't worry about it and find someone that doesn't think it's an issue; like it seems most of the women don't think it is.The other thing you still need to do is to let it go and focus on the good things about yourself that you like. If it bothers you much and makes you feel uncomfortable that alone might turn women off as they sense the insecurity.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 10 (view)

im not against a girl having guy friends BUT
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:56:50 AM
I have been in relationships that i was very much ok with the girl spending time with their guy friends.I have also been in relationships where it worried me a bit and I expressed that before it became a problem.you have to really judge and talk about if it worries you.

If you are dating a girl and she has talked about a few guys she has been friends with for a long time; you should be more at ease with it IMO.If you still feel uneasy then ask if you can tag along on one of their "dates" sometime.Tell her your intrested in meeting someone that is that important in her life as you should be. I tend to think that when a girl talks about it and tells you about these friends (coworkers/old friends) it's ok... now if you find your girl and she is trying to be covert about hanging with different male friends etc. then maybe worry a bit she shoudln't hide it.Seems like she is being honest with you though.

I also understand you leaving it can be on your mind too.If you have chance to meet a few of these guys it will help you understand and see what they are like around each other. Show these long time friends of hers too that your her man and your a great guy and care for her alot.I would hope that some of these guys coming back , would feel for you and the fact your having to go away from her.

Before you leave bro, trust is needed.Don't let yourself get in a poistion that you are worrying and wondering all the time.Your going to have alot of time on your hands and your thinking a bit much as it is.If you really like/love her trust her and be honest with her about how you feel.Just understand everyone grew up differently and gained life time friends that they hold der regardless of gender.. hope i helped a bit.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 25 (view)

Relationship Issues
Posted: 4/8/2008 3:39:25 AM
I know that being alone can really suck sometimes, but take a good amount of time to get to know people.Take things very slow with guys and find one that can understand and doesn't question or compromise your needs.Find someone that over time you know for fact you can trust and someone that has a very strong morale base.

Also I would not stop trying to see a professional about your issues.You do still have issues and it would do so much good to be able to sit and work through things.Think of it like a doctor, if you have something that hurts and one doctor tells you it's nothing, if you you keep hurting you go see another doctor.Same thing here, just because one professional didn't work out or ceased to work after awhile(ala second opinion).Try seeing someone else that can bring a new fresh and maybe better view on things you have experienced.

I wish you the best of luck and keep on keeping on, life is wonderful and i hope you experince more and more of it in a positive light.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 5 (view)

My bf disappears when I have my son......
Posted: 4/4/2008 4:57:51 AM
Hey,

Yeah, agree with some of the things people have said and I think they are super true.I have dated a woman with a child before and she was very excited to introduce me to her.I had to have long talk with her about not wanting to jump into to things to fast and introduce another male into her life when it's possible that I might not be around if things didn't work out with her mother in the long run.This child's father abandoned her and I was damned if I would be that type of man if things didn't work out.

The woman I was dating didn't understand this and we stopped dating shortly after.She was bit younger than me and it was a shame we stopped seeing eachother, but I don't regret the decision I made at all.If I could of avoided the meeting and talking about it who knows how things would of worked out later on.I just didn't want to take that chance with a impressionable mind like child.

So in my experience this is not so weird, what is a bit weird is that he won't talk to you about it after 8 months.I think he is making the right moves by being very very very slow.However, talking to you about it after 8 months I think is doable.

Hope my experience helps you a bit... GL and try to talk to him.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 29 (view)

Are men really this simple?
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:07:51 AM
I really think everyone is different, so are these simple things the precursor to what would make someone happy.I would say sure, but to say that this is all one person needs I don't think so.

Humans are just so different on a person to person basis.Lets say that these things are all one needs.Then I would have to question at what levels of these things does each person need?Some might be more needy in certain area's than another. my 2 cents
 iamdjnme

relationship issues
Posted: 4/1/2008 3:42:04 AM
Sounds like you have it down to T what his problem is.He is thinking about waht to say next and not listening to what your saying.If there was a class called "listening 101" this would be one of the first rules."listen when someone is talking to you, pause after they are done thinking about it , then say what you wish to say"If this doesn't happen a person will jump in as fast as possible with their next idea.

Now only other thing i can think of, is this a new relationship?.It's possible he could be really nervous and this same thing happens.It sounds like you asked why he does it and he answered.Did you explain to him that it really bothers you?If so and he keeps it up , sounds like he needs to mature a bit or read a book on our to be an effective listener.

Sounds like your not to aatched though, so maybe not worth it to bother.GL

iamdjnme
Msg: 5 (view)

Jealous of romantic relationship
Posted: 3/28/2008 10:22:30 AM
Sadly it seems that you have already established feelings for him.So i don't know when these things began, but you would of been 11 and him 17 at the move in point.So how you guys 6 years difference were kissing and hugging I don't know.

It seems like he has moved on.Your a pretty girl and I would almost hope that you can do the same thing.Maybe realize the personal traits he has that draws/drew you to him to begin with.Look for those good qualities in other men.

It's either that or you speak up, and lay it on the line or move on with your life.This seems a bit weird to me as I have two pretty step sisters.When I was young I had kid crush on one of them and I used to always blush, I got over that pretty quick once I got to know her like a sister and family.So I grew out of that real quick once our parents were married and we never lived together in the same house.

These feelings for you have seemed to follow you into adult hood and have had lasting effect it seems, so that makes it pretty difficult.If you know you can't persue this any longer than move on and find a guy that makes you feel the way you seem to have felt from him.
 iamdjnme
Msg: 68 (view)

Being Honest about your Past
Posted: 3/28/2008 5:13:02 AM
I think being honest is the key to any relationships.So don't be afriad of your past and be honest with him.If he is seems to keep questioning you about it and keeps harping on poi ntless things.That is your signal that it's some what an unhealthy obession.

It's one thing to want to get to know you, it's another thing to start judging you about your past.Again I think being honest is key, but it just seems like he might be wanting to know these thing for the wrong reason.
 iamdjnme

A few days going by without a return call....
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:47:51 AM
I have also been in this same situation, it didn't bother me so much.When you really hit it off with eachother it can make a few days seem like forever to not get a call.I also find sometimes people play little games.Sometimes not even meaning too,maybe she told her friend you hit it off and her firend said"ok don't seem desperate".I wonder at times do you call the next day after a good date?two days after ? do you seem desperate if you call right away?What are the "rules" to calling after a first date.

I can't say that is what has happened here, but it's possible.You wait a bit to call her, she waited a bit to call you.maybe she has dated guys that moved things waaay to fast and want sot take it slow and find a guy that can deal with that.

If you guys hit it off that well, give it a chance.So far one date is one date.She called you back and seemed sorry, so take her at her word and warm here up for another great day.This time, give her even more of reason to want to call back .
 iamdjnme
Msg: 20 (view)

from fat to thin
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:27:59 AM
Hey,

I would befriend this guy and see where it goes from there.I agree with both sides honestly, because each situation in life is so different.I think it sucks he couldn't get past your size at the time.For myself I don't know if I could accept a person after that happened even though you can understand the laws of attraction.

Have you two been talking for awhile now without dating?as friends?Maybe he just fell back in love with you for the same reason he did before?Now you look even better and that seals the deal for him?What has he been doing with himself since he broke it off?Hard to tell without knowing the guy and his history.

If you decide to allow him back into your life in that way.. ease into it.Explain to him what you posted here and your reservations about this.Be totally honest with him,expect the same from him.The ball is in your court, you did the work to look and feel great again.

Take the time to know this is right,it's easy to want and look for acceptance from people we once were not accepted or felt rejected by.Make sure this guy is right for you...and not that your right for him.

Show ALL Forums