Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Quit looking online when in a relationship.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 2 (view)

Quit looking online when in a relationship.
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:57:19 PM
If I found someone on here and we agreed to be exclusive I would delete my profile after printing it out. I would want a copy of what I had written just in case it didn't work out and I joined again. It took me forever to come up with something to write. :)
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 29 (view)

PTSD how does it affect your life????????
Posted: 5/24/2012 7:20:23 PM
I have been unfortunate enough to have had more than one traumatic thing happen in my life. I suffered PTSD from childhood events and when EMDR was first introduced as a possible treatment I tried it. It is very effective and is something I am looking into now as I struggle with PTSD from being in a very abusive marriage. Also exposure therapy is supposed to be very effective. I heard this from a friend who also suffers PTSD. Sh also recommends using DBT skills and mindfullness activities. DBT skills have worked great for her. I am just learning about them myself, from her. I like that you reached out here. It is important to reach out to others. Find a support group of some kind. And learn as much as you can from them.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 68 (view)

Are there any parents with special needs kids?
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:16:40 PM
I have 3 kids with special needs. My 15 year old daughter is ADHD/ADD, Bipolar, PTSD and ODD. my 14 year old daughter has ADD, depression, anxiety disorder, and PTSD. My 8 year old son has ODD, anxiety disorder, and PTSD.
I have had 2 dates in 2 years. They were with the same guy, but we knew it was just as friends. It was very nice to get out for the night and not worry about the kids.
But a relationship with someone? Are you kidding?I don't have the time it takes to develop one, let alone the energy. I just want to meet friends and go out once in awhile when I can find child care. I would take someone very special To want to walk into my life and walk along side of me with my kids. And I just don't see that happening.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 54 (view)

I'm miserable
Posted: 5/22/2012 7:14:08 PM
Christy,
Those of us with broken man pickers tend to stay in bad relationships longer than we should. I stayed because I felt I didn't deserve anything better. My self esteem was so low by the time the one abusive relationship was over I went right into another one. I tell the girls I work with to GET OUT of any relationship that threatens their physical or mental health. And then not to get into another relationship until they have worked on fixing their man picker.
This is a very unhealthy relationship and this guy is not going to change. It will only get worse.Go get a restraining order and call the police if he contacts you after that. And if he calls you and leaves a message don't listen to them.
Saying a prayer for you.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 14 (view)

What's up with this?
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:23:23 PM
Ok, my idea of fun and his idea of fun may be the same or may not. I'm not going to know that for sure until after I have met him. Yes, guys see a pic of a woman and are ready. Some women are the same. I need to at least feel chemistry with the guy before I jump in the sack with him. And I'm certainly not going to feel chemistry with him through the computer or text.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 12 (view)

What's up with this?
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:28:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input. It has helped me refocus my thoughts on this matter.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 7 (view)

What's up with this?
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:23:43 PM
This has happened. And how does my taking a naked pic and sending it to him help him get to know me better when we could get together next weekend?
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 5 (view)

What's up with this?
Posted: 5/17/2012 4:16:35 PM
Thanks Igor. I guess I'm a little confused on why a guy would be upset that a woman would have enough respect for herself not to send naked pic to someone she doesn't know yet she was willing to meet up with him before he asked.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 1 (view)

What's up with this?
Posted: 5/17/2012 3:39:33 PM
I am pretty straightforward in my profile in stating that I am not looking for a relationship, but for something casual and someone to go out and have fun with. Right now, my life is just to busy or a relationship.
So I will meet a guy and things will be going ok. We will start texting and suddenly he will ask for "pictures". And when I say no, that isn't something I am comfortable with, conversations stop and I don't here from him again. What's up with that?
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 48 (view)

Are we all looking for perfection?
Posted: 5/16/2012 12:51:16 AM
Perfect is an illusion we like to buy into so that we can convince ourselves that this person can fulfill all our needs and desires. And we need to go into it with those taken care of and knowing what we are going to bring into a relationship.
I'm not looking for a relationship, I'm just looking for someone to go out and have fun with. and maybe that will someday turn into something. But perfection doesn't exist. Choose what you want in a partner and look for that but don't be too rigid or you may miss out on a great thing.
 brezyybaby3
Msg: 28 (view)

cell phones on dates
Posted: 5/14/2012 5:18:50 PM
I like to give my date my total attention.
That being said, I take my phone with me in case there is an emergency with my kids. They know I am out having fun, and that I will call them once to check in to say goodnight. Unless I get a "911" text from them, I don't touch my phone.

Show ALL Forums