Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Things I Like About Being Single!
 cynthiasue
Msg: 89 (view)

Things I Like About Being Single!
Posted: 5/28/2008 8:39:39 PM

Whats so bad about changing and adapting for a person you love? No one is perfect but what you make of the best unperfect you find?

Nobody is perfect, this is true. I know I am not. Perfection is not what is important in a relationship, however. Most romantic relationships when starting to develop go through change, adaptation, and degrees of togetherness and alone(ness). That's what makes two people want to be together or apart. There are so many things individually that some people would find perfect about each other if the other "non-perfect" parts didn't come into play.

But love is love and all about acceptance of the other person for who they are. It's also about acceptance of me and who I am. Do I let someone I love tell me, "No, I don't want you to go anywhere with anybody but me." ? Would someone who loves me tell me such nonsense? What if they told me I couldn't write, couldn't play guitar, shouldn't dress this way or that way, or any or all plans were to be checked with him first? Sorry, but no way, no how, and goodbye! That's not love, it's control.

I'll pick up the dirty socks, deal with the toilet seat up, fix supper, and laugh and cry right beside you if you respect me for being me and having a life that enhances our togetherness. It's always going to be give and take, but that's why there are so many in the sea. What works for some people doesn't work for others.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 5 (view)

Smothering your partner/pampering your partner--which is which?
Posted: 5/24/2008 8:12:23 PM
Well, for one, this is the internet and anybody can say anything and be anybody they want to. With that in mind....BE CAREFUL!!!

If you're already second guessing what he says and feel uncomfortable there's usually a reason. Go with your gut instinct though and let someone else know when and where you're going to meet this guy and all the pertinent information you know about him. BE SAFE FIRST and don't take anything for granted.

The pampering part sounds innocent enough at first, but for me somebody undressing me and putting me in a tub is gonna get sexual real fast. I can't imagine anyone doing something like that for me and I kinda get the creepy feeling when I think about it not being sexual Could just be a thing that he likes doing though and everyone has preferences, ways to please people, and different ways of showing affection.

If you feel smothered though, then move on and find something else that feels a lot better, you'll know it when you got it.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2008 3:29:28 PM
I can sooo relate to that Harleykat. Distance and absence can sometimes make the heart grow fonder, but those times when you really want them to BE THERE suck. In my case it ended a marriage. Too much to catch up on in a few days a month and we grew apart in more ways than one.

Now I like being single because I have choices. If I want to hang out with the gals and soak up the sun and gossip, I do it. If I want to sit on my ffa and do nothing, that's my choice. If a man has something in mind and I don't have any other plans, I'll consider it. Otherwise I'm going and I'm doing what I want and when I want to. Some man wants to change that, he's gonna have to be some kinda man. So I keep on looking and having fun and it really doesn't matter in the long run. I just like being me.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 2 (view)

Can music tell you...
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:32:05 AM
IMHO Music is a window into my soul. I like different kinds of music for different reasons and when I'm in different moods. There's nothing better than cranking up the volume and rocking out around the house pumped up and feeling like I did 20 years ago. Yet, to relax and kick back I like blues and more easy listening stuff. When I'm thoughtful and melancholy I'll put on something to sing along with. Then there are the pity party times when that old country cryin' in your beer music is the only thing that will do. Music tends to inspire me. I also like songs for the lyrics. When the lyrics say something to you, the words could have been written just for you, then the song means more, no matter what kind of music it is.

As far as anyone else in my life, I'm versatile listening to what they like and will honestly tell them if I don't like it...but I'll respect their wish to listen to it. It's an individuality thing. Same with me, if you don't want to hear my music, don't throw a fit and refuse to listen to it though. Just makes me want to hear it that much more.

Some people just aren't into music so what does that say about them?
 cynthiasue
Msg: 7 (view)

What Are YOUR Addictions?
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:14:37 AM
I'm Cindy and I'm an addict of:

Diet Pepsi (first thing in the morning before coffee)
Smokes (second thing every morn)
Jeopardy (gotta watch it everyday or else DVR it)
Fishing and beer drinking
Playing guitar and beer drinking
Poker and beer drinking

Guess I should also add that I like beer, but I don't think I'm addicted.

Yes, you can also be addicted to a person. Nice for that other person to be addicted to you also, otherwise it's the pits.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 918 (view)

Next week/weekend
Posted: 5/4/2008 10:32:49 AM
I'm going to throw this out here in case anybody is looking for something in the upcoming week/weekend.

The Vietnam War Memorial Wall is going to be in DeSoto from Wednesday night through the weekend.

Details can be found at www.thewalldesoto.com

I just looked at the rules and it says we're not supposed to post web site addresses so if anyone knows why this wouldn't be appropriate, let me know or send me a message and I'll send you the link that way. There is just too much information about the whole week to post here.

Thanks and hope to see some of you there. I'll be working at the VFW off and on throughout the entire event. Maybe a group could get together and carpool or something. Lots of possibilities.

cynthiasue
Msg: 10 (view)

The Earth moved for me
Posted: 4/18/2008 9:54:22 PM
I was up this morning at 4 am and did coffee in one hand, diet pepsi in the other and trying not to smoke. Opened the front door because it was warm and wasn't raining yet and let the dog in. She went to the bedroom and I started computer putzing around and was getting ready to check the weather.com site to see how close the rain might be. Too early for local news.

It was a sudden rumble. Like a train which goes by here a couple times a day, but I knew it wasn't when my chair shook and my barefeet on the floor could feel the vibration.

Out loud I said, "We're having an earthquake." Then I went and looked outside to make sure the dam wasn't collapsing and the lake was flowing into Big River. Daughter was sound asleep but got up early for her on a day off and said she felt her bed move (oh, if only I could get mine to do that with me in it...!)

Can't say it was a scary feeling. Just weird.

Almost like foreplay that for some unknow reason stops and all you hear is a big loud snore.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 134 (view)

Dealbreakers: What are yours?
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:08:05 AM
Hopeless flirts could be a deal breaker. Guess you need to get to know a person, but if you have trust issues then doesn't it cross your mind that, "He says the same things to other women, why should I fall for this line of crap?" Is he just flirting with you (feeding you a line of BS) or is he interested in you only until someone else comes along to turn his head. Where does the game start and stop?

Just a thought...don't mean to be philosophical or nuttin.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 649 (view)

Weekends in St. Louis and surrounding areas
Posted: 3/4/2008 8:18:26 PM
Kenny, yes I've been looking at your profile again, and I see you don't want a roll....in the sack....and if I have almost 12 inches here and can't do anything with it, perhaps I should look to the..ummmmm, smaller side of the universe?

Bring it on big boy!!!

Smoooooooches to you!
 cynthiasue
Msg: 643 (view)

Posted: 3/4/2008 6:19:08 PM
I've been home all day and the grand total here is 10.75 inches.

Too bad it will melt in a day or too....

It was soooo nice to look at, but it didn't do me any good.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 72 (view)

Posted: 3/4/2008 11:41:43 AM
I like being single sometimes like today. I'm still in my sleepshirt that I threw on this morning. Been working around the house and watching it snow. It's pretty, but it means I won't be going anywhere real soon. But I can veg out and watch movies and pluck those annoying eyebrows that piss me off!

On the other hand it sucks a big one because nobody will be coming to visit me either. It would really be nice to be stuck here watching the geese on the lake with someone who would make this 9 inches (of snow ) turn into the perfect day.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 72 (view)

Things The Fishies Say
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:25:20 AM

I get 2 points, but I'd really like a trouser trout!

Anybody ready for a fsh?

cynthiasue
Msg: 70 (view)

Things The Fishies Say
Posted: 3/4/2008 8:44:28 AM
Well, let's see.....FSH???

cynthiasue
Msg: 594 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2008 8:11:38 PM
Susie, until last November I was stuck in the boonies with dial up too. Sucks more than (insert appropriate sucker here). If you have phone service with AT&T check into WildBlue Satellite. That was my only option and I'm soooo glad I got it. Since I'm working at home these days, I'm online when I need to be and it doesn't take hours to do a simple task and I get a lot more work done in a shorter period of time. I luv it!
 cynthiasue
Msg: 389 (view)

GNO
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:02:02 PM
What is an HH?

My GF's are all getting together this weekend and going on a WTRT...White Trash Road Trip. We have a designated driver and we're going to hit every rinky-dink, honky tonk, slvtty dive that we've been to once upon a time between 5 counties. We'll 2-step with the cowboys, shoot pool with the hustlers, sing with the drunks (stars), and probably end up in a jail cell somewhere. Hopefully not Memphis or Mexico.

But a GNO somewhere, anywhere sounds fun and I'd like to make the next POF one if I can.

cynthiasue
Msg: 39 (view)

6 Weird or Embarrassing Things
Posted: 2/21/2008 11:42:51 AM
Kissing by the waterfall was neither weird nor embarrassing. It was very nice!

cynthiasue
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 2/20/2008 5:37:57 PM
Kenny, the hair was horrible to me and it made me feel crappy. But very glad you can handle it. But it's all about whims and wishes and waterfalls, isn't it?

The rest of it is just me. Weird, embarrassing, it doesn't matter. I am me, why should that be out of your league? You are you and you have weird and embarrassing things about you too. That's life.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 2/19/2008 11:42:48 AM
1. I can bite my toenails. Don't do it anymore, but still can if I get the urge.

2. A bad hair color, cut, perm, etc. and just knowing people are looking at you and saying WTF. Then meeting someone new and feeling really even more crappy about it.

3. I love being naked outside. Preferrably when it is warm, but have been known to walk out to get something out of the truck real quick when it's cold.

4. Having a man suck on my toes. Weird, but so damn erotic I get tingly and stuff just thinking about it.

5. One of the most embarrasing things I've ever done is fart on the chiropractor. Had really bad back spasms and had done ultrasound and that electrical stimulation thing done and he had me on the table to pop my back and when he did, I let one. As if that wasn't enough, when he went to do the other side, I farted again! I never went back to him.

6. Every one of my ex-boyfriends is still a friend. We call each other, get together for BBQ's and card games, help each other out when it's possible and there's no sex or other male/female junk to get in the way. We're just good friends. Same can't be said for ex-husbands however. That's another story.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 3 (view)

Anti-Valentine's Day Poems
Posted: 2/13/2008 8:02:42 PM
Chocolate and roses
What does it mean?
Valentine’s day
Lovers so keen

Lacy and sexy
Primping and posing
For what, you may ask
Another good hosing?

Penis resembles
A hair trigger gun
Squeeze it once
Then it is done.

St. Paddy’s Day
Will soon be here
Better for me
I’d rather have beer!
 cynthiasue
Msg: 40 (view)

Finding The Right Lady
Posted: 2/4/2008 6:11:29 PM
Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome. I've been finding my way around and that's how I found the forums. Didn't know they existed until today.

Everyone seems to get along and have fun and I'm thinking there might be a couple of my single girlfriends that might want to participate too.

So....here I am.

Forgot what else I was going to say.
 cynthiasue
Msg: 34 (view)

Finding The Right Lady
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:53:05 AM
I'm new to this site, registered awhile back but never actively pursued a relationship. Hell, I never even had a picture of myself to put up here because I'm taking pictures of kids, grandkids, scenery, but nobody was taking pictures of me.

Kenny sent me a message before I uploaded a picture and we connected pretty good! He made me want to know more about him and he was fun to get acquainted with. He's a very sweet man and is nice when chatting. Got the webcam working and sent him a pic and uploaded ones here. He liked them too!

Only problem? Me....trying to end a marriage as well and unsure whether it would be right to involve Kenny or anyone else in my life right now.

But I sure would like to meet him. He's a right huggable guy.

Show ALL Forums