Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: DAILY QUOTES
 oread
Msg: 647 (view)

DAILY QUOTES
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:31:05 PM
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Hilary Cooper
 oread
Msg: 11 (view)

Idiot Sightings....They walk amongst us...8)
Posted: 1/13/2008 10:23:05 AM
Sighted when working as a travel agent.

People asked about how to get a passport how long it would take and such, which made sense..........Except when they were going to Hawaii.

A woman arrived with her suitcases and asked to take a bus to England. When I tried to explain about that big ocean she became angry and said "I know there are English bus tours I've seen them advertised." Truth
 oread
Msg: 1 (view)

Fireside Feast
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:17:19 PM
Equipment: 1 wood stove or fireplace
Metal skewer w/non heat handle 1 ½ ft. min, longer is probably a bit better, 1 per person
Tea kettle
Ingredients: hot dogs
Buns
Chips
Condiments
Canned baked beans
Marshmallows
Graham crackers
Hershey’s chocolate bars

Put kettle full of water on the stove
Open the can of beans, put can on stove top, stir occasionally until done
Burn fire until you have at least 5’’ of wood more than halfway to coals
In the meantime dress buns with condiments

If using a heat stove:
CLOSE BOTTOM DRAFT--OPEN TOP DRAFT
This should allow you to open the stove door slowly without smoke or flame coming back toward you.
If your hand gets too hot close the door partway and use it as a heat shield.

Heat the skewer then impale the hot dog onto it lengthwise, turn until it reaches desired doneness. Don’t allow the end of the skewer to point down, this will lead to uneven cooking and a possible loss of your hot dog. When the dog is done use the bun to remove it from the skewer. Cover your ears to avoid damage when jokes and laughter reach dangerous decibel levels.

The beans are either burned or ready to eat, depending on whether anyone stirred them or not.

S’mores

Toast marshmallows. Keep them turning and DON’T point the skewer downward or you get to clean up the mess.
Break one graham cracker in half
Place 4 chocolate squares and 1 marshmallow between graham cracker halves.

Use the water from kettle to fix yourself a hot drink
 oread
Msg: 4 (view)

Nature Poetry
Posted: 1/8/2008 7:05:50 PM
There is a tree...
Autumn leaves red-gold again
With the bright green of summer
Traced on every vein

There was a time….
Almost beyond remembering
When I prepared my self for winter
with such certainty of spring
 oread
Msg: 10 (view)

Now with even lower standards!
Posted: 1/5/2008 11:39:05 AM
ouch. I totally missed the point and am properly chastised.
 oread
Msg: 68 (view)

Any Recovering Bipolar People Here?
Posted: 1/3/2008 10:27:24 PM
I suffer from " severe, major, a typical, drug resistant, cyclic, chronic, clinical, depression". Yup this is my official documented diagnosis. After several months at Nimh as part of a research study, I was given the best possible combination of drugs. It helped a lot that I was in the medical center while trying new things as my reactions to new meds could be scary. I am in remission, the term my Dr. uses, meaning that as long as I take my medications I have a reprieve from a lot of the symptons This stuff is far too dangerous to mess around with using just a regular Doctor. PLEASE, get a psychopharmicologist, or psychologist. Good luck to you all.

Autumn
 oread
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/3/2008 5:43:00 PM
Too Harsh? We all need to vent and if you can see it as humorous more power to you.
 oread
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 1/3/2008 5:33:52 PM
I know this is in the humor forum and tried to stop myself from responding but dam woman. So prior to this you weren't trying to date humans? Hmmm.... If the shoe fits wear it. Infantile fvckwits who blame everyone else for their problems.
 oread
Msg: 35 (view)

Sex over 50?
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:57:11 PM
Things I've learned
My orgasm is not for someone else to make happen.
There is an ocean of womanhood inside me.
How to relax when learning to please
physical changes
No monthly pain and bloating:applause
Multiple orgasims? I think I've discovered a third kind!!!!
Sweet young things you have no idea the pleasures that await.
Over Fifty
 walkwme
Msg: 29 (view)

Is it harder to date now?
Posted: 6/4/2007 10:38:31 PM
I haven't been "out there" very long but at one party two men my age said they would rather date younger women, and that plenty of younger women were available. One of them was looking interested around midnight. He will never know what he's missing with women while he's playing games with girls.

Show ALL Forums