Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Naturally thin
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 19 (view)

Naturally thin
Posted: 6/3/2009 4:16:12 AM

You've no idea how irritating it is to hear another 'you should eat more' or 'you're fading away to nothing'.... always said with one of those 'I feel so sorry for you' smiles.
Hmm. I do sometimes say it as an oblique compliment - especially if it's someone who's been trying to lose weight. I would never say it meaning it as a criticism - nobody needs to be put down for their appearance.
 happygreysquirrel
Msg: 72 (view)

Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex?
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:31:45 AM

most women respect type 3 for his honesty even if they dont agree with his principals.

Principles? What are they then? [rummages in dictionary]

Speaking as a type 3 (not altogether true - I can be mendacious and not mention the ferrets and jug of whipped cream immediately) I can vouch for this. It's extremely rare for someone to take umbrage at you (OK, me) being Vile and Lecherous, I don't think anyone is comfortable with dishonesty.

I must admit to being surprised at the prominence this option is given on the configuration page - I suspect it is selected more often than not because it seems like a good idea, with no thought given to how it actually works.

I'm amused at how often women who select "Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex" are up for NSA fun. Of course that is probably down to my good looks, equalled only by my charm.

[grins] It's also interesting that the option is "Intimate Encounter", there's often discussion about what this means and what the people who run the site mean by it, I think "looking for intimate encounters or sex" rather covers that point (Unless there's a super secret "sex" option I've missed)

BTW, zero=zero too, before you think I'm too big headed!
 happygreysquirrel
Msg: 66 (view)

Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?
Posted: 1/13/2009 5:57:34 PM

Said I was the 4th guy she'd done that to in the last week and believe it or not to the same restaurant !

OP, it's just occurred to me; is her issue not with "men" but with the restaurant perhaps? I note she booked the table too. Just a thought...
 happygreysquirrel
Msg: 52 (view)

Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:39:42 AM

As for the others saying she she be reported ... Guys it takes 2 mins to make a new profile on here ..

And only two minutes to report if you see it (since she's in your area). This is all I'm saying.

Agreed. Do it quick, be concise and accurate. Maybe it does some good, maybe it doesn't. If she's not reported then there's no chance of her being restricted...
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 4 (view)

The Holding up a Beer/Cheers Photos....
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:24:42 PM
I find it off putting. I'm not sure why. I've nothing against drink but it seems a little two dimensional. Tends to go with "I like the usual things..." which assumes that clubbing, shopping and getting out of your skull is usual.

I certainly don't see it as a "plus" as the main picture, or as a feature of all pictures!

[grins] Maybe I'm turning into an Olde Pharte (tm)...
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 46 (view)

would guys date a female cop?
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:06:56 AM
OP, I do wonder about:

"yeah so your gonna use those handcuffs on me tonight?"

Yet your profile is headed "bullets and bracelets"?
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 44 (view)

feeling insecure naked......
Posted: 6/29/2008 1:45:30 AM

Do men analyize and scrutinize our bodies while making love?

First a caveat; OP, although I'm speaking in generalities it can only be my view of things [grins] but I bet I'm right.

Two points: It's easy when you look in the mirror to see any imperfections or deviations from "ideal" - when people are looking at you, they're noticing the attractive points. Personally I find that I may or may not find someone initially attractive - as I grow to like them I start to notice more and more attractive things about them. Contrawise, I've known some beautiful, by any standard, women who leave me completely cold as I don't trust them further than I can pee!

The other point: Attraction is more than visual - fragrance (natural or out of a bottle), feel, taste, sound... What you see is only part of the attraction you feel.

I've known a few women who have such a poor self image they've been uncomfortable with the lights on [very big grin] I'm most definitely a lights on guy - despite looking like a shaved gorilla myself.
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 29 (view)

What to think if no response to pic request
Posted: 6/26/2008 12:11:35 PM

Maybe they are extremely good looking but want you to know their personality first to make sure you aren't just after their bod!
"Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth..."
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 20 (view)

Discreet other, F***Buds, the one on the side.....
Posted: 6/24/2008 2:04:45 AM
Hmm. The desirable behaviour you've described is pretty much what I'd do even talking to a friend.

As someone who's a complete dead loss WRT relationships (Financially screwed up, more baggage than any airline Lost Property office you care to mention) I do take pains to make sure that it's obvious that I'm just enjoying someones company when I'm with them.

"Romance" is fine, but it does not, and never has, been equivalent to love!
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 63 (view)

she says yes to fingering her brown star but...no to full penetration
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:56:25 PM

Tell her you will let her do it to you with a fist first and see what she says. Hey if you want to put something in her at least let her do it to you so you can see what it feels like

[grins] If I was hung with something the size of a fist would it make me more popular? Or would people just hide from me...
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 21 (view)

How do I get my guy to throw me around a little?
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:47:47 PM

he looked at me and says real nice "I know you dont want that

[raises eyebrows] I'd be more concerned about that myself.

If you're making the effort to be honest about your desires, despite being shy, and receiving this kind of dismissive response... It's possible he feels pressured if you ask it "during", you might get a different response if you talk about how you feel out of bed.

[ponders] Possible too, that he doesn't know where the boundaries are and is afraid to start in case he oversteps them. If I am doing anything... um... non standard? then *I* require a safe word so I don't accidentally overstep the mark. Possibly over the top for what you're talking about, but it prevents misunderstandings about what is wanted becoming a problem.
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 37 (view)

First date
Posted: 12/26/2007 2:56:38 PM
lol - So what was the film and did you enjoy it?

My Two penn'orth; Meet for A coffee. *A* coffe I hear you say? (I think that's what the voices are saying) Yep, one coffee only, if there's no spark, there's no spark. Why make someone (or me) commit to an evening, meal etc. when you can tell within about 5 seconds that you don't like someone - not through any fault of theirs - they just don't suit your taste.
 Happygreysquirrel
Msg: 26 (view)

He Doesn't WANT Sex?
Posted: 9/17/2007 1:46:01 AM

Lemon and mashed strawberries with baking soda acts as a good mild antiseptic for your intimate parts. It also deodorizes and disinfects. Use it in a little water after you are done cleaning your area. The rest of your body would be cleaned nicely with mint castille soap

[looks bemused] Whilst I'm all for cleanliness I'd rather go to bed with a woman who smelt like a woman. Although the above combination might make a diverting ice cream...

Show ALL Forums