Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dog People
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 263 (view)

Dog People
Posted: 4/19/2009 9:09:15 PM
I've had a dog all my life. most were good some wernt that good. 5 years ago my best friend and companion gator found me.best I could tell he was a lab and lepard cur mix. Yes I spoiled him rotten but he also spoiled me he even potty trained himself. I live alone and he has been my sole companion for the last 5 yrs until last week. I let him out to do his dutys the afternoon of april 9th and he never returned. I live in the country but never worried about him because he never got outa range of hearing me.I have probally walked 50 mi in the last week looking and hollering for him. Have posted flyers but nothing. Theres a BIG empty here even hard to come home knowing he's not here to greet me. I've cried alot of tears and said alot of prayers and will keep looking till I hopfully know one way or the other what happend to him. It has hurt as bad as if I had lost one of my children.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 67 (view)

Things to Do in Highlands County
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:02:55 PM
[]a keg of beer (hidden as it's not allowed)[/] sorry I missed the meet havent been on in awhile. gettin the keg in is easy theres a backroad into the park off of hwy66 with no ranger station lol.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 51 (view)

Most Insensitive Things Ever...
Posted: 12/30/2007 6:39:53 AM
{and i quit lettin guys go fishin with me! they cant handle a girl with more tackle }anywayseems like to me I handled you an yer tackle perty durn good on tha first date gotta admit ya dont hesitate when it comes ta settin yer hook tho lol. Ladydi you'll catch tha rite one soon just use sum hot bate that wiggles sum

fl_cntry_boy
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 191 (view)

You might be a redneck if..................
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:57:01 PM
errr aint dat a fancy werd fer ditch
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 187 (view)

Posted: 4/16/2007 2:05:08 AM
iceeeyes was correct about the cracker saying henc the florida cracker trail where cattle were driven from the west coast of fl to the east coast. fla cracker trail has a web sight and they have a trail ride every year to reinact the event.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 23 (view)

Port Charlotte Get Together Sept 9, 2006
Posted: 8/25/2006 4:07:08 PM
lookin for love if I make it can I have dibs on a dance
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 19 (view)

Anyone that knows about car repair can help me here
Posted: 8/25/2006 2:32:15 AM
rear bearings shouldnt take over a hour each and that includes installing new brake shoes tell them youll wait while the repair is being done puts a little pressure on them not to play around.The book they go by is a flat rate manual and alot of shops use them because they are in there favor. I'll try to find the flat rate if I can.
As for the car starting hard especially when hot.. sounds like a timing issue to me. your timing may be to far advanced causing each cylinder to fire before top dead center thus it trys to fire against rotation and when the engine is at operating temp it is 10 times as bad as cold..
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 16 (view)

Port Charlotte Get Together Sept 9, 2006
Posted: 8/25/2006 2:06:40 AM
I live just north of arcadia and would love to meet some fellow pofers. Will try my best to make it for dinner and harpoon harrys later.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 569 (view)

Country Folks!
Posted: 8/25/2006 1:51:22 AM
I hear ya mesnafugal I'm in tha boonies to and wouldnt have it any other way...I tried the city life while I was in the service and couldnt get back to the country fast enough luv the elbow room and privacy. Luv to sit out on a clear night by a fire and just zone out gazin at tha stars.

Pepsi dang gal thought you was comin to florida ages ago ya aint here yet..oh and it is gator season now here in fla lol. and It do'nt matter if ya have daisy's or not would be proud to have the honor of takin you to dinner.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 165 (view)

Lakeland (and beyond) get together July 15th
Posted: 7/1/2006 8:56:45 PM
WOWSER I wuz thinkin on cumin but as big as this bunch is they gonna need to open tha ball field lol. I might still try would be easy to get lost in tha hub bub lol.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 22 (view)

Let's have another Get together!!!!!
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:19:07 AM
Hey bein it's so hot n dry why not a water park there a blast for both young an old. Spend the day havin fun and stayin cool.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 29 (view)

Would YOU volunteer with Habitat for Humanity??
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:05:52 AM
Boy oh Boy!!!! Honestly at 1 time I would have in a heart beat butttt....after being ravaged by all 4 storms in 04 here where I live and all around me seeing the truth opened my eyes. I can name of 20 familys I know who still live in tents and have nothing left between insurance loopholes and slipping thru fema redtape they literly havent got a pot ta pee in so to speak.
Habitat didnt even take apps or ask between themselfs and the county they had already picked who and where they were going to help and not one that they built for had over a 50% loss of home they were just high profile areas.
So sorry to say it but NO WAY would I help unless they proved to me the selection process was 100% honest and it was for a family who had no other way for a better life regardless of color,creed or status.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2006 10:31:24 PM
DI ang darlin hamhocks n beans over rice w/fresh collard greens n cornbread hhmmmm aint nuthin better..

you might be a redneck if your at the locall anti drug rally a when ya hear sumone say help stomp out crack you pull up ya britches!!!

oh an gator hasnt got a recliner on tha porch....he like his rocker...
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 56 (view)

Canoe and kayak trip in North Florida
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:29:12 AM
hmmm is airboats allowed that is if it's gonna be a overnight river trip makes it easier to ferry supplys..I'll be needin a tent partner if I can make it !!any volenteers??
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 32 (view)

Why don't men like smart women?
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:12:04 PM
Me personally if she can't hold a intellagent conversation then do'nt even bother. Do'snt matter how great she is in bed. There has to be intelligence first to even attract me.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 192 (view)

Why Are Men Afraid To Try New Things In Bed?
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:04:27 PM
Heck I've always been ready an willin to try new things and even old things with a twist but not just in bed. If someone is'nt willin to grow sexually then they wither n die. Who wants to be stuck in the same rutt all the time. Deamm I luv cuttin new trails..
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 49 (view)

Do you think it is harder to find love the older you get?
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:45:37 PM
maybee I'm more picky .I do'nt think I am what I seem to be finding as I get older is that people are less trusting with themselfs after being hurt to many times.I'm ready to find someone for a serious relationship but all I've been finding are women who just want friends or friends with bennies and thats not what I want.Almost to the point of moving overseas for a couple years and see whats out there besides here.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 417 (view)

Country Folks!
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:36:20 PM
as the song says we can survive partly cause we know when to cut or losses an run .Headed for tha backwoods fer a bit to contemplate whether the game is worth it. I'll stick ma head in from time to time and see how things are goin.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 27 (view)

Are there any cowboys left in florida
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:21 PM
yeah your not likly to find a true cowboy in tha suberbs!!!!!!!!!unless he's just passin thru.
As for this cntryboy he's hangin up his spurs oilin his saddle an coilin his whip. Tired of the gameplayin and bias judges..
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 335 (view)

Country Folks!
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:52:49 PM
Well pepsi you can come down here where it's warmer and we can show em how to have some real fun lol.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 259 (view)

can you describe what kind of lover you are with one word..,,,
Posted: 2/11/2006 12:33:45 PM
Zeus................at least thats what the test said!!
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 3 (view)

Single or with someone?
Posted: 2/11/2006 12:31:05 PM
unless it's the rite someone I'll stay single................
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 332 (view)

Country Folks!
Posted: 2/11/2006 12:28:19 PM
Pepsi I know how ya feel country told me she was pickin up her daughter not runnin around with buck......I even stopped at the horse show on 27 between ocala an williston for a couple hrs yesterday!!!!
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 187 (view)

The Dog or the Girl?
Posted: 2/8/2006 9:06:17 PM
No where people who found a true friend and companion in a better species than human most of the time. They dont judge you they do'nt care about your looks or how you dress. They do'nt put you or your friends down and they do'nt judge anyone before they meet them.They do'nt think there aloof and better than everybody or everything around them.They make you laff and cry and usally are more in tune with your feelings and moods than any person could ever be.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 1630 (view)

what put a major smile on your face today?
Posted: 2/8/2006 10:02:40 AM
I'm finally gonna be a granddaddy!!!!!!!
 fl_cntry_boy

What do you like about Florida?
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:24:26 PM
latly not a hole lot.Florida is going tourist and aggraculture is dying off.I'm looking at land in central and northern kentucky.You can still find larger tracs of land 400 plus acres for less than 800 a acre.And here I'm entertaining selling 150 acres for 22.000 per acre keep 150 here and buy up there...
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 1485 (view)

what put a major smile on your face today?
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:14:40 PM
gettin home after the road trip from hades an seein the lady is ok and back in tha pond.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 147 (view)

The Dog or the Girl?
Posted: 1/28/2006 11:29:20 AM
daisie lol my buddie gator had his ducky to all thats left is his sqeaker. I do'nt care where he's at or how far away if he hears the sqeak he comes runnin lookin high n low for his ducky.
I even gbought him a new ducky and he turned his nose up at it knowing it wasnt his ducky.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 110 (view)

The Dog or the Girl?
Posted: 1/27/2006 9:09:07 AM
I just recently had to make a trip up north and was gone for 3 days . My mother came over 4 times a day to let my buddie out he would play and do his dutys the whole time I was gone he would not eat just his treats. I does any body else have there dogs throw tantrums if they leave in a hurry and do'nt say goodby. If I'm in a hurry and just take off without sayin goodbye I know when I get home he will have picked out somthing he knows not to touch and shred it.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 40 (view)

Things which are Shallow
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:58:47 AM
Shallow=people that are one sided who only see what they want and not what another needs or wants.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 27 (view)

Guys and how they dress
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:48:54 AM
If I'm going on a date with someone I'm dating them not there wardrobe. I worry more about personall hygene than wardrobe.I know a guy that dresses great and has the women chassin him .He wears the best in cloths and colonge but he only showers maybee once a week.If someone judges me on my wardrobe and not me personally then I do'nt want or need them.

FCB
Yes I do have a couple very nice suits including silk braces and flourshum shoes but all they do is collect dust.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 99 (view)

The Dog or the Girl?
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:31:57 AM
My buddy is my best friend. He's always truly happy to see me and ready to play. I had someone ask me once when they were there if I would put the dog outside. I opend the door and asked them if they wanted to go outside they havent been back in since. Bottom line do'nt ever ask me to make that choice cause you'll lose.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 14 (view)

Are there any cowboys left in florida
Posted: 1/21/2006 9:42:17 PM
I'm not a redneck - do'nt date any of my kin
I'm not a cowboy- But I do raise cattle and can sit a horse
I'm a country boy pure an simple luv the wide open outdoors and hate big city's with all the fake people in em.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 56 (view)

Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 1/19/2006 4:16:31 PM

it's Natural all the way !! Except for Lipstick and some mascare...

Srv ya nailed it lol
I prefer a woman with little or no makeup The first thing that tells me is she's confident in herself and happy with how she looks.

I find it hilarious that so many men profess to like "the natural look", and yet spend so much time ogling professionally made-up, airbrushed, surgically-altered, silicone-enhanced supermodels, centerfolds, and actresses.

MYSTLW just like you said there good eyecandy and thats it. But I'm looking for a keeper so I'll take #1 thank you.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy

older men...would u date a younger woman..
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:13:19 PM
To be honest I have no problem with it. Like they have said it truly depends on the girl how mature she is mentally. I've met women who were in there 40's but had the mentality of a 15 yr old and I've met young women 19 20 who were mature mentally way beyond there age. I mean yea we all act like kids from time to time but ya cant stay there all tha time.

FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 29 (view)

Out of the shower..
Posted: 1/7/2006 11:41:13 PM
hunh what oh yea sorry was just sittin here visualizing barnbabe on tha couch lol. Me I dry off brush my teeth,shave if I'm in tha mood and walk around the house or go online in my b-day suit till I'm ready to go then I get dressed.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 19 (view)

No man has ever approached me...
Posted: 1/7/2006 11:11:10 PM

You need to start perusing the mens profiles and start taking the initiative. It's amazing what a little effort will produce.

Barnbabe standin here wide open lol cuttin hay next week hint hint
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 149 (view)

Why do guys give cell phone numbers instead of home numbers ...is that a clue they are taken?
Posted: 1/7/2006 11:02:11 PM
I have a house phone stricklty for internet and as soon as I get satt house phone will be in the past. I never answer my home phone because only people trying to sell somthing know it lol.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 32 (view)

Girls in skirts~
Posted: 12/31/2005 8:02:38 AM
barnbabe leave it to you to make wearin a skirt so sexy. I gave up lol just here now an again to check up. But I gotta say a woman with nice leggs and a short skirt should be considerd dangerous lol.
 fl_cntry_boy

Girls in skirts~
Posted: 12/30/2005 4:54:08 PM
Barnbabe you know your sexy nomatter what you wear
But I hafta agree when a woman that never wears a dress or skirt comes to work dressed that way your gonna get looks and every one thinking what is she up to?
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 25 (view)

Have you ever had someone Tell you you look lost?
Posted: 12/30/2005 4:49:33 PM
I'm always lost but everyone tells me where to go lol .I really worry when someone says gee you look like you really know what yur doin wow there even more lost than me!
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 52 (view)

How many women would want to live on a farm?
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:27 AM
Wow if there are so many women who want to live in the country why is it so hard to actually find one. I live on a small 500 acre ranch and raise beef type cattle theres no gettin up at 6 am to milk em either. I've liveed here most of my life and my grandfather was one of the orignall farmer-ranchers here. But to find a woman who actually likes livin a 20 min drive to the nearest conveniance store is almost impossable.

Oh and to mustang already have a 35x75 shop even installing lift next year lol.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 126 (view)

guys i am checkin back in tha hospital tonight.....
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:05:46 PM
I just finished talking with ladydi and she in good spirits but she was a bad girl today. she had test schedualled for today and wasnt supposed to smoke well she snuckout anyway.. they had to rescheduall till tommorow morning. Di being di she's more concerned about her roommate than she is herself she sat and sang gospel songs to her for 2 hours today with the lady holdin on to her..Lady di has a urget request if any body knows the words or can get them posted for her to "precious memories" it seems her roomate is terminall..I will be talking with her again tommorow after she has her test and will post so every one knows the latest info.
FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 64 (view)

She's a party girl; but can I change her?
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:16:18 PM
Unless your willing to hop aboard and join there groove I think I'd seek alternate places to be. If she's into the party scene she aint changing till she's good an ready to. But she will however use you to your full extent while you let her as long as it's helping her party free.
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 25 (view)

Is it me, or is this a tall order guys?
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:11:35 PM
Not a problem at all men understand the mindset of a woman just as much as they understand men. That is unless both sexes fall prey to ugly,nasty,carbonpaper sterotyping then it's really simple guys are just walking organs and women are just moneysuckers.

No two minds are alike thus to think you'll find someone with true esp capabilitys that understands instantly your mindset is a wanton fasntasy and if it really happens I wanna know how an where?

FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 30 (view)

A question about being over 30
Posted: 12/14/2005 7:01:37 PM
I'm 43 and never had a problem meting people but finding someone that fits who I'm looking for hmmm the needle floating around in the big milky way. I'm still single and by myself by choice I'm not needing nor having to find anyone. I would like to think that I will eventually find someone special in my eyes that could put up with me to share things with.
or maybee I need a extended vacation up north!!!!!!!!!!
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 14 (view)

Just completely giving up?!?!
Posted: 12/9/2005 3:59:51 PM

Has anyone told you that dating isn't a job

If it's not a job why did I hafta fill out a application to join!!
I'm just tired of all the gameplayers and people who join start looking you start chatting things seem good then all of a sudden there not ready to meet yet. whats with that if people arnt ready to take a real chance why be here.
Yes I've just about given up myself! FCB
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 55 (view)

whats bad about hunting
Posted: 12/2/2005 9:47:20 AM
Dewfuss do you need help pulling your head out..
What catastrophe could happen that a hunter can possibly imagine there skill would be of use?

hmmm geee well last year the area I live in fla got hit by all 4 hurracanes the first being charlie. There were no grocerie stores open for a 100 miles and we didnt have power for 28 days. I never heard any complaing from a single family that I dropped of fresh deer meat to gee as a matter of fact they were very happy to see it.

The money spent for hunting dosnt add up ???? Initial investment of a good rifle 450. 2 boxes shells 30. same rifle 20 yrs later and now only 25 for 2 boxes of shells. Fresh venasin at a specality market 5.00 per pound average deer dresses at least 125 lbs of meat =625. hmmm looks like all++++++++++++ to me
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 9 (view)

home & do your self projects
Posted: 12/1/2005 9:27:25 AM
ultravox wowser what a quiestion curently at this moment I'm adding on to my back deck and custom installing a partially sunken hottub. I'm enclosing it in a room that has all cedar walls,built in stero and a water fall. I just finished putting a new roof on my mothers house and then put new celings , retiled kitchen and livingroom in a rental she has. I do my own plumbing,carpentry,electrical I do'nt farm out any of my work because I never can seem to find anyone that comes out with the end result I want. It's alot of hard work but it's very rewarding and fun to.
 fl_cntry_boy

whats bad about hunting
Posted: 11/30/2005 8:56:10 PM
I hunt and have been hunting since I was 13 yrs old . I also eat what I kill with a few exceptions. I hunt legally and only when in season or if I have a special permit. 1 exception being hogs we trap them live and sell them and in fla hogs are legal game year round because there considerd domestic prop of the land owner and in most places a nusance.A pac of 20 to 25 hogs can root up a acre of land each in a single night leaving it look like it had just been tilled...

Show ALL Forums