Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: kids and ex
 casp3r
Msg: 18 (view)

kids and ex
Posted: 10/12/2008 11:38:19 AM
have you tried to speak to your ex he may feel the same as your kids and still want to see them if as you said they started to see him as a dad he may have started to see them as his own just because he is not the bio dad dont mean he could not get a bond with them i myself am still close to my ex's daughter and my oldest son still thinks of my ex as his mum i know we were together longer than a year but it was not that long after we were together that i started to see her daughter as my own
 casp3r
Msg: 18 (view)

How much of your time you could/would give to a potential new partner?
Posted: 10/12/2008 2:05:16 AM
i think it depends if it is someone that has the same intrests then there is more we could do together but if there is seperate intrests then finding a time we could still both do our own things then that would allow more time with each other also i like going to the football and i like going out with my mates once or twice a week i cant change what day or time the football is on but i can change how often i go and likewise with my friends it could be changed a little to what nights i go out that would allow as much time as possible with a new partner but still allow both of us to keep a part of ourselfs
 casp3r
Msg: 83 (view)

How come single mothers don't want single fathers
Posted: 10/9/2008 5:41:03 PM
i was a single father with 2 kids and i started dating a single mum with 1 we did get serious enough to meet each others kids and became a family we were together for 11 years after that and had 5 more so not all women wont date a single father i dont think dating has changed that much though for me now to being ready to date again i know it will be harder for me to find someone who wants to take a chance and date me not because im a single father because i think a lot of women would date single fathers but just because of how many i have living with me now the fact i now have 7 living with me is what would give most women second thoughts about dating me but i beleve given time i will find someone even if its a few years from now and some of my kids may have moved on to there own places by then but i would not give up looking just because a few wont take a chance keep trying you will meet someone someday
 casp3r
Msg: 48 (view)

Why do dating parents do this?
Posted: 10/9/2008 6:39:25 AM
i am a single parent myself now for the second time i think it depends on the individuals involved if the two people involved hit it of quickly then why not introduce the kids but the kids should not be involved from the start when i started dating again the first time i became a single parent the person i met was also a single parent and we did hit it off quite quick and after about 4 or 5 weeks started introducing our kids to each other and liting the kids mix to see if they could get on they did like us do that quickly and we were together 11 year after that but now i am going through it again but there is no way i would change the way i done things back then though i have more to think of this time i have more kids for a start and my older ones will be more cautious as to who they let into there lives this time if i do find someone wile they still live with me
 casp3r
Msg: 60 (view)

Met this guy on POF - Tell me if I'm right....
Posted: 10/8/2008 12:20:17 PM
u were totaly correct i would never take any of my kids on any date never mind a first date and if im on a date my phone is on silent and would prob not be answered at all not least to chat for 20 min reading what you put up with suggests to me he was not single
 casp3r
Msg: 161 (view)

Are single, custodial men undateable?
Posted: 10/8/2008 11:58:34 AM
i am also a single parent and sure i think it may be hard when you see the "read deleted" next to a message but all i see that as they dont think i am right for them i think that most women are ok with a man having kids and maybe a few would be put off but that will just mean they were not right for you anyway i am happy enough in my life and i have kids at a few different ages (15,13,10,8,5,4 and 2 ) but i am not looking for a mum for any of them as some women may think i am looking for someone who understands that you cant just be there at the drop of a hat but with enough planning behind it could still have great times together keep looking you will find one who is right for you

Show ALL Forums