Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Moral dilemma!!! Opinions needed...
 beerchen
Msg: 19 (view)

Moral dilemma!!! Opinions needed...
Posted: 7/25/2011 11:03:35 AM
seriously?

it's not a dilemma... it's utter and total bs.

If you want to date:

1) get divorced
2) get your own place
3) get your own checking.

I get the whole thing about trying to make things easier , because of the kids. But why put your personal life totally on hold?

Move on, get the above mentioned things worked out , and decide how you can make your life work, with the kids in it, and still having room for the adult part of your life.

And how the heck can she be bitter if she was seeing this other guy, or did i miss something there?
 beerchen
Msg: 13 (view)

Do you think he is genuinely interested, or he just want sex?
Posted: 7/13/2011 11:31:21 PM
You might also considering removing the pic on your profile of you in a dress that barely covers your hoochie.

isn't that the truth!

let him go...its a sounding
 beerchen
Msg: 7 (view)

Casual Sex... Dilema?
Posted: 7/13/2011 8:25:29 AM
omg- i can't believe some people.

go see a professional? are you guys sick?

i'd go with honesty- a) you could find somebody who is understanding enough and won't scare ya for the rest of your life as to what your " skills" might be.
b) i'd maybe watch a few flicks ( observe), then try to put the " vanilla" version into action .

Overall- stay safe. Protect Jonny, and the rest of yourself.
 beerchen
Msg: 23 (view)

Why do some women disappear?
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:37:56 PM
You know, i think this happens to both genders.
You exchange emails, or some other communication tool on the net, maybe even talk on the phone.
Then you possibly meet for a coffee, icecream, depending on preferences.

Great!

I've gone on several of these ' snoop out meets', and only 2 guys had the guts to say: " hey, i don't think i want to persue it any further", for whatever reason they have.

To be honest, i prefer the guys who have the guts, nerve, call it as you wish, to say so over the guy who magically looses your number.
 beerchen
Msg: 16 (view)

Has anyone else passed a weird test from a potential suitor?
Posted: 9/1/2009 4:23:58 PM
I can't say i 've had a test like that, but the appear and disappear thing is quite common.

I usually will give it a couple of days, if by then he does not mirror the interest displayed by myself- gotta let you go. Chances are the guys is either still hooked up with somebody - or just plain not interested anymore.

So why should i waste my time and mind if i can't get the same i'm willing to put forward in return.
 beerchen
Msg: 14 (view)

The Irony
Posted: 1/16/2008 5:57:48 AM
oh come on now.

we all know that the "gold digging " goes for both genders.

I don't know how many times i was approached cause "nurse" make such good money.

All i would hope for is that he has a job, and does actually take care of his responsebilities. Sorry, but i'll be darned if i would make my bf's car payment.

In a more serious relationship, or marriage, bills are another story. Still, both parties should make an effort to help pay for bills, food, and fun.
 beerchen
Msg: 27 (view)

When she is sick, do you disappear?
Posted: 1/2/2008 12:34:46 AM
Oh gosh.
Granted, when i feel sick , i know i need some good rest. Yet, to feel left like a leper is just cold.
At least to me. If my man was to get sick, i would love to help him out by doing things around the house, bring more kleenex, tea, soup, or what have ya.
I'm a nurse, so i make a pretty bad patient. Honestly , I would love to be pappered and looked after. Fluff my pillow once or twice, pull that blanket up around me and send me of to dreamland with some nyquil.

I think that if you really care for somebody you should be there for them when they don't feel their best. Provide for comfort and rest, and you will be much appreciated.

Heck, we can play doc and nurse when i feel better.
 beerchen
Msg: 84 (view)

stay if sex is bad?
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:16:16 AM
honey, been there, tried that.

let's just hold our thumbs up like you are givin ' thumbs up '. that was it. And stuck in the same position ( me on top) always... nah! And as I like to call it needed some help from the lil blue pill. ( nothing wrong if you at least try to do something about it)

I think i had found a mutilation of a sachsquash , who needed some major help in being ok with their emotions.
nope, never again!

Disclaimer: Not all men are left in the ironage stage. Therefore i applaud all gents who really give it their all . ED happens, and there are various reasons. But, if you notice that your gal is not getting what she needs.. please do seek help. For the population who could be my parent , kudos! Really.
 beerchen

being adored....
Posted: 12/28/2007 5:02:50 AM
umm. where do you find those cold fish??

Any relationship should have an even give and take. I'm not going to claim that it is that way every single day. NO. I have times where i love to be spoiled.

Yet, don't be surprised if i was to wake (him ) up with my hands, mouth, lips, and tongue all over. lol. And no, right then and there (his) hands are not allowed on me. So if you have to crunch the pillow, tuck the sheet, or hold on to the head board, so be it. Love the facial expressions , moans , and little noises of please.

OH my, you got me thinking. Only missing something in the puzzle called life.

happy fishing!
 beerchen
Msg: 38 (view)

Nurses in the hospital.. NEED to vent!
Posted: 12/10/2007 9:48:16 PM
I'm saddend by what you had to experience while your mother was in the hospital.
I do know the other side, the nurse side.

Having 14 patients to a nurse is absolutely rediculous in an acute care facility. I am by no means making excuses for anyone, but we have to remember that the nurse only have 2 hands and 2 feet also.

As far as the competence of the nurses, that is just plain sad. You actually have yourself a nice reason for a law suit just from your mother suffering consequences from being served the wrong breakfast. * at least in the US. * ( i believe it falls under a med error as a diet is doctor ordered).

I would have pulled my mother out asap, ok. within reason of medical stability and ability to transfer.

I work in an acute care rehab center and we have very ill patients. The most I have ever had under my belt is 4 patients with the assistance of a Nursing Assistant who would have 10 patients all together.

I must say though that the old man who fell should have had a urinal by his bedside, and not tried to walk on his own. It does happen though as some elderly are confused and forget they are not supposed to get out of bed for any reason.

As for your situtation, complain to all departments of health you can find, and the hospital itself.
 beerchen
Msg: 14 (view)

depresion and relationship
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:54:19 AM

WEAR THE CLOAK. It basically means you put on an act and become the kind of person you want to be. Happy, confident, outgoing. If you act that way it begins to become natural and your body will be tricked into releasing the endorphons you crave.

Sorry, but that is the worst advise i have ever heard in my life. Pretend you are happy and what not.
All that will do is eat at her when she is not around people she should pretend in front of.
What else should she do, click her heels 3 times and make it all better?
 beerchen

depresion and relationship
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:50:44 AM
oh hon.

I can understand where you are going with your post.
I'm no expert, though i have a medical degree, but you sound like the person suffering from atypical depression. People you have to deal with this may feel low, have physical symptoms such as change in appetite, sleep, muscle pain. Sadness and crying , or feeling low is not the sole problem in depression . Anyways. what makes the atypical is that the symptoms disapear with life events that are uplifting or happy. Such as a promotion, buying an item you have long waited for, or even falling in love and feeling needed.

And you are right, the antidepressants do not make the moods stay away, they don't cure them. All they do is give you a step to try to help yourself.
Honestly, i would try to work with a professional to help you see different angles in your life and work on finding joy in yourself. That by no means makes you crazy, nuts or what have you. All it means is that you have not fully delt with something in your past. Gosh. This is hard to explain. Dealing with an painful event does not mean forgetting it or not being sad, or angry , or afraid. It' means that you can know yourself better.

I wish you good luck hon, and it's gonna be a tough road. But the work will have to start within you. No person in the world can make it better like a band aid could.
 beerchen

Do women still like Secret Admirers..
Posted: 11/7/2007 3:27:23 AM
I can understand where you are going with this, at least i think i do.

I would enjoy the little posty note or what have you from the person i'm with. or, at least is mutually interested.

You are right though. it's not ok anymore to sent things to women who don't wish to be persued unless the have a slight clue after the first or second time of who this person is.

maybe , you could do little sweet things for the person you care for and who returns those feelings. The effect of the surprise of the attention is still very powerful to me, so if my partner would sent me a poem, flowers, or a small token , i would feel very flattered , cared for, and almost honored.
People tend to forget tho that it's not the monetary value of the gift you offer, but the feelings and meaning behind it.
In that sense, a single flower picked by the roadside , a little note that says i'm thinking of you, or a text that says that you can't wait to see me later means much more then all other .
Forgive me if that makes me sound hopelessly and clueless romantic.
 beerchen

Is this Normal...???
Posted: 11/7/2007 3:04:49 AM
While i'm sorry that you had to experience this, i'm afraid it is all to common anymore.
People today are taking relationships or the potential of such with to little care.

Society has gotten to used to replaceable, rechargeable, and upgrading that they can not see being content with what they have.

Nope. I don't date more then one person. I will chat with more then one person, however the difference is , once i'm going out on thefirst or second date with the same person (got to see chemistry in real life), the other conversation ends. period.

Oh. think about this senario. so you are dating this person for say about 5 or 6 months. Things are pretty tight, the L word has dropped more then once, and the talk of moving in together is pretty serious.
Now here comes the killer. A former flame shows up , and booom you are dropped like a hot potato. HUH?
I think the true meaning of loving someone has been lost,and is not taken serious anymore. ( no, not talking about the clingy, stalky kinda stuff).
But, to get into this, it would take another topic.

AGAIN, sorry for your experience.
 beerchen
Msg: 38 (view)

The Checklist
Posted: 11/7/2007 2:51:21 AM
Hmm. legit checklists?

How about allergies.
If somebody is severely allergic say to cats or dogs, i think that would be a problem, since i couldnt' expect a guy to give up their pet buddy ( at least early on)

How about the typical : lying , cheating, stealing. ?
While there are various forms of this and all people say a lie ( however small or large) from time to time. The extreme forms absolutely crush the deal.

How about people who are not truely single.
Legit as far as my opinion goes. Don't approach me if you are not done with another relationship, or are dating in multiples. That's a faux pas in my eye. I'm worth at least to be the single attraction in the guys dating life.

ok. there goes my thoughts before i go on a rampage ( yep slightly bitter about some lies right now).

Anyhew, good luck fishing !
 beerchen
Msg: 51 (view)

Sensual parts of a womans body
Posted: 8/3/2007 6:00:04 AM

Not all guys have been instructed on what women want. Some guys don't listen. Some guys don't care.

I couldn't agree more.
I had a similar problem as the OP with my ex. Grab a boob, next grab neather region, and expect me to just be instantly turned on. NOT.

While i tried to give positive feedback on what felt good and what doesn't , it seemed like he would only remember it for five minutes and then go back to his old routine.
Needless to say that got old quick and my desire to be intimate with him sank.

And guys, yes the neck is a good place, however, as said before, if you have the mind first you are on a winning streak.
I also find that if you walk up behind your woman and wrap your arms around her with some light kissing and a few sweet words has a super effect as well.

I am blessed to have found a man who is very attentive to my needs and explores every square inch of me , adding to not only my but also his pleasure.

For all men who work with their hands. Please be sure that your nails and fingers are taken care off. Nothing turns one of more if a snagged or rough nail scratches our sensitive areas.
 beerchen
Msg: 4 (view)

what do girls think of guys who take antidepressants?
Posted: 7/10/2007 12:23:14 AM
ok, so i'm a nurse. I would want to know what meds my man is taking , just in case an emergency arises and he can't provide details for whatever reason.

That is kind of important.
Antidepressants are often used quickly, other times because of need.
Other people find that they help with restless leg syndrome and find that Requip is simply to much for them.

Some women take antidepressants because it helps them with PMS and associated mood swings. Not all women experience them , but some do have trouble and need help.

It would all depend on the reason and the purpose of the medication.
 beerchen
Msg: 2 (view)

Who Should Move?
Posted: 7/10/2007 12:19:08 AM
Compromise.
I think the notition on somewhere in between is best.

However, that's not always possible.
If you have been seeing each other for a year, and want to be living together. Do it.
Personally, i 'm not sure if i could ask somebody to move away from his children or sacrefice his time with his kids for me. Probably not.

Consider it if the situation was reversed.
Say you had a child and only got to see him/her on the weekends. Would you move further away and chance not seeing them grow up ?
 beerchen
Msg: 7 (view)

2.5 kids, picket fence and a dog
Posted: 7/9/2007 5:09:10 PM

When you cease to dream you stop living because as long as you dream, you have HOPE. Hope is what keeps us going people.

My thought exactly.
We all had our own experiences with good or bad relationships . And certainly some of them have left us skeptics. We worry if the person we are going to show interest in will do some of those ever so evil things that have bothered us in the past.

So, i guess there are a couple of choices left to the "single" people of today.
1. Keep to yourself and live as a hermit.
2. Date as much as one can , have fun at it. But run if it should get anywhere near serious.
3. Jump into relationships without truely knowing the person you are with.
4. Find a person you can not only be friends with, but can not stand to be without. And let the dream evolve with ups and downs, faults and surprises, good and bad.

I could probably go on in this list. but.. then again, each of us have their own version of what they see their life, relationships, and future to be.
 beerchen
Msg: 16 (view)

What do you initially think when a woman says her kids live with their father?
Posted: 7/9/2007 4:18:00 AM
HarleyKat:

The request hasn't been made in so many words. She simply thought that she knows so much about me and so little about her dad .

Ok, so she sees him for 3 months in the summer. But she wants to experience the possibility to see what it would be like other then for summer vacation. Maybe it's some sort of test she wants to put her dad to.

I don't really know whether she's going to make the choice to actually persue living with her dad for the years of highschool.
Maybe it's also because her dad lives in a much bigger city, in a different state.
Who knows.. teenagers I tell ya!
 beerchen
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/9/2007 4:10:42 AM
Well, I guess it wouldn't have to be a picket fence.

The idea of the thread was to find out what other people thought about the so called ''American Dream".

Still it baffels me to see how many people look at the thread, and seem to have no opinion.
 beerchen
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2007 7:00:01 AM

got a gut feeling that we will get some good tidbits of information out of this thread

And that's just why i asked the questions i did.

I know to be realistic about what dreams i have and what can be.
I can accept flaws, as long as mine are accepted as well.

nobody is perfect, though many people try to be.

um.. what's p155?

and the serial monogamist... uh scary thought.
What else will society come up with?
 beerchen
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2007 5:57:55 AM

It's sad, but true, some people just cannot 'see' the bigger picture

I know what you mean there.

Sure, all has to start as bf/gf. But when looking at the big picture or future if you will, who can not see the truth in being able to be in love for the rest of time.

ok ok, so maybe people can confuse love with lust, commitment with obligations.

That's why folks should communicate, speak truely about how they feel and not simply say what they expect the other person wants to hear.
 beerchen
Msg: 9 (view)

Can the talking study be really true?
Posted: 7/7/2007 5:52:09 AM

those people that did that study never talked to any of my exes; the last one is still talking...

Sure, there are men who can't hold their breath for a second.

But for most experiences i have had, men seem to find it more difficult to talk about how they feel, what's going on in their life.

Ever feel like you have to keep talking to get the other person to say more then ok, yea, etc. ?
 beerchen

Posted: 7/7/2007 5:44:03 AM
Funny you said that.

I can see where men may have reserves to commit to a monogamous relationship because of custody battles, property divisions and such.

Fortunately for me, this has not happend. At least when it comes to property, home, etc.
 beerchen
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/7/2007 5:28:01 AM
I have never started a thread before, so bear with me.

We all have had experience, whether good or bad, in previous relationships. Should that keep us from having no further interest in monogamous relationships?

Is is wrong to hope for the man who will sweep you off your feet, make your heart flutter, and at times give you the peace and tranquility needed.

Is it wrong to hope for the american dream of house with white picket fence, kids, and a dog ( insert prefered pet here)?

If it's not wrong, then where are the guys who want the same?
I'm not talking next week or next month, yet with the same dreams and variations thereof . ( monogamous only accepted, guess i'm narrowminded there)

happy fishing

beerchen
Msg: 12 (view)

What do you initially think when a woman says her kids live with their father?
Posted: 7/7/2007 4:46:11 AM
oh children, play nice.

Sometimes , it's not as easy as it looks from the outside.

I have a teenage daughter , she's 13. Her dad lives in Texas and she spents the summers with him.

I learned that at age 14, kids may decide which parent to live with.
Now, certainly there are restrictions, regulations, etc.

However, here is my situation.
I have pretty much raised my daughter on my own since age 2. I have been the primary provider for all, she has lived primarly with me ( he saw her for weekends).
I would hate to see it happen, but what if she felt that it was time to life with her dad now so she can be spending more time with him?

It scares the living daylights out of me.
But, if i was to deny her the wish to spent her teenage years with her dad, does that make me a bad mother? No!!!

So, before you judge anybody on the custody question. Ask more questions first.
 beerchen
Msg: 30 (view)

Doesn't anyone REALLY want to meet?
Posted: 7/7/2007 4:30:12 AM
Dawn,

i have run into the same situations.
Men who will talk about wanting to meet you and then.. they chicken out.

Are there still men out there who will stand for their word, who will do what they said they would?
 beerchen

Why do you girls pretend to want more than sex ?
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:57:14 PM

Some people confuse sex for love.

I couldn't have said it better.
Some people really do not understand the difference between being in lust with a person and falling in love with a person.

Still , I have to mention that if there has been extensive conversation , whether it be on the net or the phone , leading up to the meet. Hey, maybe she felt comfortable .

I 'm not going lie. If i am resonably attracted and I can feel a certain chemistry.
Bring it on baby.
But overall, stay safe in your endavours. There are to many people who feel sex is a sport , and need to score enough points to compete with their friends.
 beerchen

The Allure of Wealth
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:48:18 PM

I see on many women's profiles that they want to find a man who can "take care of them". Why is this? I don't think there are many men out there who look for a woman to take care of them. I also think women are quite capable of taking care of themselves. So... Why seek a man to do it for you?

I find the situation quite the opposite. My newest term is "cash-cow". Men who think it ok to "milk" a woman for what she has. Whether it be money, the home they live in , or other material things.

I don't expect my man to take care of me financially. I do however want my mate to be my equal, in a sense that i shouldn't have to worry about your phone getting shut off cause you just don't have it this month.

Money will not make a relationship. There will be ups and downs. Good times and bad.
But overall. If you seek a sugar mommie to take care of you . I' m personally not the one for you!
 beerchen

Where are the women from indiana?
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:34:47 PM
[ problem is that woman don't want the guys that are good they always look for something they think are greaner pastures]

No, sir.
I'm tired of the mass dating, check who may hop in the sack kinda man.

Ok, so not all men are in for hopping in the sack as quickly as possible.

I have a strong sexual drive myself, yet i choose not to have sex with just anybody.
I do need the sense of being in love, having mutual attraction, and most of all being able to talk to the man on other subjects then sex.

So, back on topic. Yes, "good men " are appreciated. Standing to your word and following through with actions will get you a lot further with me then just a bunch of "hey , baby, i think you're hot!"
 beerchen
Msg: 28 (view)

One minute your in, then your out... why?????
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:27:09 PM
I have also had the same experience.

But, in all honesty. You are on a dating site. People choose to talk to several potential mates in order to find out more then what is allready stated in the profiles. So, patience is the best i offer.

However, if he hasn't called within 3 days. Honey, move along.
Time is to sweet to waste it.
 beerchen
Msg: 5 (view)

Another Kissing Question
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:17:14 PM
Kissing is great.
That being said, maybe she was just not ready.
Give it time, explore her thoughts on relationships.

And, maybe her pulling back was simply a sign of her expressing self control.
Maybe she had an experience where she let all barriers down to quickly and got hurt in return.

So, offer a sweet peck on the cheek for starters. Tell her how you feel. Yet, a word of caution, don't go overboard with the sharing . You may scare her away if you say to much to quick.

I know.. women are tricky little things. But, admit it so are men. So, until we all develop a mind reading ability... play it by ear, watch her reactions and yours.

Let life lift you higher
 beerchen
Msg: 42 (view)

Do women really like men?
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:49:17 AM
oh blah.
I think this goes both ways. I had a guy ask to move "into that house of yours" after 1 date. So, it's not just the gals who want somebody to take care of them finanically.

I have had my bicurious phase, am comfortable around other women, who are afraid of the "big one-eyed snake" , and still.

I'd rather have a man!
Sure, i would like to have someone who will care about more then my body and what my body may able to do for them.

But on the same hand, if you can't make me feel good, don't bother.

Many men forget that there is more to women then their material possessions, body, looks, and housekeeping ablities.

A relationship should consist of equal parts , shared, complimented , or otherwise suitable. Nobody is perfect, no matter how hard they try.

So, yes !
I do like men.
I can however take care of myself , and would rather be somebody who can share their time , as well as add /take from me.

So, if you can drive me wild by conversation, a smile, and laughter, bring it on.
 beerchen
Msg: 3 (view)

Plentyoffish Relationship Assessment.
Posted: 7/5/2007 11:36:11 PM
I think you should add it to the profile.

the evaluation , for a change , have nailed it right on the head.

And the bottom line comments.. great.

I should cut and paste them onto my profile.
hmm. ..?
 beerchen

When he's got your number, but insists on emailing you anyway....
Posted: 6/3/2007 5:18:15 AM
well hun, it could be because of several reasons.

He could really be busy with his job.. who knows.

Anyways, most of the time, when you don't get a response , yet you know they are able to respond right away.. they are not as interested as they seemed to be .

That is not to say that your guy isn't different..
just what i have come across.

good luck fishing.
 beerchen

Do Women decide for themselfs??
Posted: 5/29/2007 7:47:47 AM
hmmm. .. i do decide for myself.
but, let me introduce the other side of the coin.

It's the bf who can not make a choice without ..
.. you guessed it.
momma's approval.
If you are old enough to have your own home, your own car, etc. Please, do learn how to make a choice without mother dearest to do it for you.

Hint: Women will only tolerate another "woman" medling with their man for so long.
 beerchen
Msg: 1087 (view)

Why men wont date independant women
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:38:37 PM
ok. here are the 3 versions i have encountered. .:

1. the equally independant man :
-has job
-pays own bills ( mostly on time)
- has social life/ hobby/ stuff to keep him busy
-has room for partner activities outside the bedroom
-can do own laundry/cooking/cleaning and doesn't mind
- open to new things and approaches to daily living ( has a brain)

2. the moderately independant man:
- has job ( even if part time, low paying, overworked kind)
- tries to pay bills and it doesn't happen all the time
- does have nights out with buddies/clubs , but likes partner to join in
- has cooked ( mostly on grill), has shrunk a shirt, and cleans as needed.
- states that new things are scary and will give it a "whirl"

3. the mildly independant man:
-has job, has had job, just lost job, etc.
- job pays not nearly enough to cover daily living expenses
- spare time is spent at friends house or need partner glued to hip bone
- knows how to work the microwave, first one there at holiday meals, laundry,
umm where does the soap go?, and cleaning only if people are coming over.
- stuck in a rut, feels change is a threat, states he's try but doesn't remember next
time you talk about it

While most of this is ment to be humerous, I'm sure many of men can find theirselves in one or 2 categories listed above.

For my personal preferences: ( to be read with humor in mind)

a.I take care of most of the bills , that means.. i handle paying them with equally shared contributions .

b.The household shores are equally shared among all household members. I do not run a maid service with myself as the main employee. I have a challenging full-time job. Please keep that in mind.

c. Cooking is for whoever makes the dish of the day the best , and others may freely join to assist.

d. I'm not the laundry mat. Otherwise i'd be making some money. Therefore, pick up clothes, place in hamper, attempt washing basic things such as towels and socks. Can't do much wrong there.. lol ( just kidding) . Move wet laundry from dryer before it starts to smell. turn on dryer on appropriate level and wait for the beep at the end. Fold clothes if possible and place on table or in basket. As for putting clothes back in the closet or dresser.... guilty. i hate doing that part.

e. I don't have to know where you are at any given time, but at 2 in the morning it would be nice to know if you are still among the living or if i should check the morgue.
Ok, so you are not coming straight home from work, ok so let me know. Cause i had
this huge dinner cooking and nobody to eat it.

f. Prefer equal assertiveness in the realtionship , in and out of the bedroom.

g. Prefer people who are able to form own opinion, value input of others, but don't
need mom to tell them what to do.
And once more.. see this with humor !
Let l ife lift you higher!
 beerchen
Msg: 55 (view)

Chivary vs. Equal Rights/Responsibility in today's PoF dating world.
Posted: 5/22/2007 5:09:02 AM
Besides, men lose there houses and support their wifes everyday... Why should you be any different

love, i have lost everything after a divorce, have had no car, no furniture and just the things i could quickly gather .

So, don't preach to the choir about loosing everything.

Does that make me bitter and afraid of loosing all again.?Most certainly it does.

And as an addendum to my previous posts.
Yes, I am independent, yes i have had several long term realtionships. And no, money was never the reason they ended.

Yes, I appreciate a man opening a door for me, or dropping me at the front door when the weather is cold and wet. I lighten up when someone cuts me some flowers from their yard as a sign that they thought of me.

Does that somewhat contradict what i previously said. Maybe. However I can only reinforce that I am independant in what i do,i simply would like to find someone to grow with me as an equal partner in a realtionship. I am never going to be someones owner, nor will anybody own me as a person. The one thing they can own of mine, is my heart, my love and my devotion.

Is that asking to much?
 beerchen
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 5/20/2007 7:23:09 PM
iago_lives : you missed the point of the post.

The point is that you can't handle it if a woman could have a strong opinion. It makes you feel weak, and as alpha male.. boy.. lets never show weakness , emotions, passion, or dare i say a tear.
 beerchen

Posted: 5/20/2007 10:32:56 AM
ok brandyn,
while i understand that women have come a long way in society and have fought for their equal rights in the work field as well as in various other aspects, I can't say that that it has quite sunk in with everybody yet.
Many men get intimidated if a woman approaches so boldly , and then none are the wiser of what could have been or not.

Furthermore, the little titbit of letting the guy know you are interested without saying so much, to feel sought after ( not like a piece of meat) , and the inkling of flirting, tease, pull in and reel out, it's still part of the game. Why?

Heck I don't know. Ask the people who write TV, movies, and other media. They still haven't caught on all the way.

I know, men get just as nervous as a woman would when trying to approach the other gender. The entire googoo, gaga, talk. And only the people who ask people out a lot.. cause they trade them off a lot , deliver a smooth presention.

But arent you supposed to be the stronger gender , just to add some controversy to the matter. The one to take care of all of my needs.
We can turn this around.
I am a woman with a career, make good money and own my house, etc. Do you have any idea how many men either would like a piece of the money, or indead think it a challenge, intimidating that a woman could make more then or equal to their income?

So, if we are so equal, why does a woman with wit, strong opinion get scorned?
Ergo.. i don't think it has quite sunk in yet.

Let life lift you higher.

beerchen
Msg: 17 (view)

Where do single Dads find decent women
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:41:57 PM
Darling.. if you were closer to me i would snatch you up in an heartbeat.

That being said... i have just the same problem being a single mom. But lets not forget the added problem we women run into.
To quote the movie Jerry Magquire ( not sure on the spelling)

" don't rob the craddle"
good luck
 beerchen

Single men with no children who want to only date women with kids...scare me!!!!
Posted: 5/18/2007 11:29:13 PM
you know what... what a silly problem. As many have allready commented.. what if they can't have children of their own, or they hope that a woman who allready has children will be more responsible ( most are) , so be it.

Trust your instinct.. keep the kids out of the loop for a while ... follow your heart and just keep the kids educated..

If your kids know to come to you if something is wrong.. then you have nothing to worry about.
Besides.. who in the world would leave a new bf/ gf alone with your kids.. umm not.

may life lift you higher.
 beerchen
Msg: 70 (view)

Ophelia reviews you briefly
Posted: 5/18/2007 5:30:20 AM
what are you? psychic?

Ok.. so i changed a couple of things.
 beerchen
Msg: 57 (view)

Ophelia reviews you briefly
Posted: 5/16/2007 9:55:33 PM
do mine ! do mine!
 beerchen
Msg: 11 (view)

Bi-curious men
Posted: 5/15/2007 2:57:22 AM
i don't know why you are so worried about what other people think about what your sexual fantasies include.

If you would like to become intimate with a man.. so be it.
A former bf of mine enjoyed a toy IN his neither regions w hile i went down on him. I don't find nothing wrong with that.

The only thing to keep in mind..... stay save while having fun!

Let life lift you higher
 beerchen
Msg: 15 (view)

What are some good tricks when going down on a woman??
Posted: 5/15/2007 2:38:27 AM
[Hell, if she wanted me to hum the national anthem to make her cum, I'd be willing to learn one even of another country]

finally a man who has the right idea!!!
 beerchen
Msg: 94 (view)

don't understand men.....
Posted: 5/12/2007 1:08:21 AM
ha.. the great mystery of the man.
move on darling, he's likely found another pasttime to fancy . you have to learn to have respect for the person you are and the type of treatment you deserve.

It's like live and let die ( to quote a famous song)... If you want to spent the rest of you life waiting for other people to change their mind.. you be spending a lot of time waiting hun. Time that you could have spent enjoying life.

I've been hurt to many times to let things worry me to much for to long. Still i do understand that you do not want to feel like a quitter and that you have hope for a realtionship to rise about.
But again , don't spent all your life waiting and hoping, enjoy being happy and make the best out of life.

Let life lift you higher!

Show ALL Forums