Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: In all honesty, how important is oral sex?
 light-fantastic
Msg: 64 (view)

In all honesty, how important is oral sex?
Posted: 7/3/2013 6:43:35 PM
absolutely.

Deal-breaker for me, both on the giving and receiving.

Then again I am not compatible with folks who have barriers to trying new things either.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 85 (view)

How Important is Sex in a Relationship????
Posted: 5/7/2013 3:22:10 AM
"OP, I think there are 4 things that are (over time) equally important to maintain a lasting relationship:

1) Good emotional health
2) Good sexual health
3) Good psychological health
4) Good financial health.

Missing any one of them for a long time can damage a relationship. Just my thoughts."

what he said.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 108 (view)

Do all women over 50 cringe when they hear the word SEX !!
Posted: 4/18/2013 5:12:57 AM
yes, there has been some very good reading for OP and others who have such a very narrow view of the world according to their own opinions.

I have agreed with many here. Carry on...:D
 light-fantastic
Msg: 87 (view)

Posted: 4/8/2013 5:12:54 AM
just a general comment: it is really interesting that one person speaks for all. Such hasty generalizations speak more of the person uttering them than the targeted audience.

Is this a Mars and Venus kinds thread?

Just sayin'.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 68 (view)

Posted: 4/5/2013 4:28:05 AM
"BS.. your line about "at least 4 hours" is pure crap. Go lie or brag (however, you perceive it) somewhere else."

who are you to say my experience is crap? Dude, find your own bliss but maybe it is not your place to crap on others' lives or experiences even if they are outside your realm.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2013 6:59:27 AM
might be crap in your life dude, but in our life...it most certainly is not crap.

I at least speak from MY experience and don;t make assumptions about others' lives, sex included.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2013 2:02:20 AM
to answer your question, NO I do not detest men and I love sex.....daily. Yes my partner and I discussed it within the first couple of dates...we are both tantric. One feels the energies astirrin pretty quick. BUT, it was two months before the first time. Intimacy is special; it still is and involves a minimum of 4 hours of lovemaking.

I am 57. He is 50.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 39 (view)

Going on a date with NO intention of having sex
Posted: 3/20/2013 2:04:07 AM
May have something to do with age. As the few people from here I met for dates were all at different times of the day, never thought much about sex. Also didn't have any preconceived notions of what the date was going to be....as my first dates were actually meetings.

I generally (now) have not engaged in sex without intimacy, takes more time to build it than a single date. When I was in my 20s I had no problem, 30s same, 40s did the cougar thing, now intimacy is important to me as a tantric person. I met my mate here about a year ago and we are each other's soulmate.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 243 (view)

birthday blow job
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:06:34 PM
oh wait, before 16 July 2008...gee that's some kind of stale news!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 242 (view)

birthday blow job
Posted: 3/6/2013 2:05:20 PM
OK so the OP posted before the 16th of July 2012....do I have to read all 11 pages to find out if she blew him or not??

just askin' ;)
 light-fantastic
Msg: 17 (view)

Getting laid(need some pointers)
Posted: 3/1/2013 2:11:37 AM
your attitude s u c k s ???getting laid???

But as a female who enjoys intimacy, I might suggest you change your profile to Intimate Encounter...who knows the women you meet might actually like you too. Dating does not imply s e k s. Your assumptions are probably that it does and you creep women.

Also where do you live? Perhaps a move is in order, to a larger centre where there are more possibilities.

Fill out a profile....if your bedroom tactics are...I can't be bothered, like your non-profile....then I wouldn't be interested in a roll...you wouldn't be worth my time!

It's a two-way street brother.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 10 (view)

What do you do when you get a nude pic?
Posted: 2/10/2013 3:57:35 PM
I would block his number and email.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 72 (view)

Do hot guys get sex all of time?
Posted: 2/8/2013 2:50:26 AM
whoever thinks pairing of two people is not a game is only fooling themselves. The mating game has rules like any other game. Sitting where I sit, on the other side of 50, I can age people strictly by their responses on this thread.

My point is the rules change as we reach different decades...for both men and women.

To the 29 year old who feels he is too unworthy/ugly whatever......you may be looking in the wrong places. You need not be so down on yourself hun. It will happen and you have a wonderful playground in POF to start building a different persona. You may even start to believe in yourself. Remember, you are behind a computer screen here. And the lucky woman who is attracted to the new you, may seem like the hottest thing evah!

Hotness is subjective...everyone is "hot" to someone, somewhere. Online dating has brought the world into our homes like nothing has in our past. The opportunity is there.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 28 (view)

One Sided Sex?
Posted: 2/3/2013 4:41:14 AM
I suspect one's attitude changes with age, about always putting the partner first, if you're female. As one who practices tantric love-making, I know I will always be in the mood for orgasm, or neither of us will find that pleasure. My partner only has to look at me a certain way or touch me to focus my sexual energy.

Positive sexual response is a learned behavior and I am glad I am older. It took me many years of practice and with several long-term relationships to reach the level of understanding.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 136 (view)

SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:03:51 AM
oops I forgot to add: I do not take hormone replacement therapy and I am 5 years post-menopausal.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 135 (view)

SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:02:11 AM
I agree. Menopause frees up women, but not just their fear of pregnancy. The whole monthly cycle plays havoc with some women's sex drive, so I have heard from friends.

Luckily I have always had a strong sex drive. Unluckily I married a man who didn't. After extricating myself, I met several men, also who didn't want to explore sexuality. All were very vanilla and set in their ways. As a woman whose first lover was tantric, I was thrilled now at age 55 to meet another tantric, whom I love and cherish dearly. We are truly matched in all ways. Only problem and it's temporary, is that he works 6 hours away from our city.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating is over after you turn 30!
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:31:45 AM
it's all in the attitude.....I married very young and divorced by the time I was your age....dating was a blast from 35 to 44...when I had my one and only child....now that I am 55 and single again, dating has been everything I hoped for.

I found the love of my life here 7 months ago, without the benefit of a picture even.

But I did take time to write a good profile, and tweaked and tweaked it when I received feedback, and bared my self in words.

Somebody above said it: if you don't take time to fill out a form about yourself, it doesn't speak well about the time you will devote to a date/partner/lover.

If I took the stance that dating was over after 30, I would have missed out on the best half!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 134 (view)

For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?
Posted: 10/14/2012 3:16:04 PM
tantric love is not orgasm-based, so it's all intercourse.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 133 (view)

For the ladies - How long do you like actual intercourse to last?
Posted: 10/14/2012 3:15:00 PM
as a tantrika, hours of foreplay and hours of afterplay...oh wait define intercourse please.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 15 (view)

Women who say they want it just as bad
Posted: 10/10/2012 1:01:25 PM
OP, I am with holycowow your second picture is beautiful.....the ankle biter doesn't show you at your best.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 9 (view)

Women who say they want it just as bad
Posted: 10/10/2012 10:21:32 AM
what tygerpawn said. Gawd, please spare me these young turks. Oh wait, I met my match, lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 28 (view)

women: orgasms during intercourse?
Posted: 10/5/2012 12:44:52 AM
my man and I are tantric....long and languid and multiple orgasms for both.... Sometimes we combine tantric love with role-playing, but always, always for hours.

The pleasure is continuous for me, when I give myself over to him.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 444 (view)

Better SEX: Before or After 30?
Posted: 9/9/2012 7:03:37 AM
definitely better. I am in my 50s now and the sex is mind-blowing. I think that experience teaches us and I was a good student!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 99 (view)

what makes life fun for you?
Posted: 9/7/2012 4:29:37 AM
fun?

Smiles from a stranger
hugs from my friends
kisses from my lover
a job well done
a day well lived
 light-fantastic
Msg: 368 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 8/29/2012 4:52:44 AM
I never gave up wanting to start a family, nor dating. I have had several long-term relationships, the last of which delivered to me a beautiful son, at 44. He's nearly 12 and the joy of my life, along with a new man.

Give up living? When I am planted, lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 73 (view)

starting a family after 40
Posted: 8/16/2012 2:37:52 AM
oh and his father is 5 years younger.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 72 (view)

starting a family after 40
Posted: 8/16/2012 2:35:59 AM
you don't start a family after 40; you add to it, as someone pointed out.

See this thread

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15389793.aspx

I had my first at 44. He is a healthy, independent and intelligent son, our pride and joy, although his parents are not together. We co-parent, successfully. My son has 2 new adults in his life.

We all make choices for ourselves that others disagree with. This does not make them wrong, just wrong for us.

I am no less of a mom now than I would have been 20 years ago and with the body and stamina of a 30 year old. In fact I grew up, not old.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 59 (view)

Would you get married and have kids in your 40's?
Posted: 8/9/2012 1:20:53 AM
oops the quote was directed to jaimes004...lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 58 (view)

Posted: 8/9/2012 1:20:04 AM

you are too funny and so right!

frogy...do you seriously think you stop being a Dad just because the kids turn 18? Your rigid thinking may impede your job hunt as well as your relationship with your kids.

@ happy, I am glad that not all women feel their career is their family. Makes for a better balance in the workplace. It was sooo lonely before emancipation, lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 823 (view)

what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:01:25 AM
I am in my 50s and have no tats. I don't judge those who do...I have seen some beautiful art and not so lovely ink. Guess if it had been popular when I was younger I would have. Now that skin tone is looser I would be afraid to ink mine. But I can't imagine not liking someone because of their choice in ink.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 30 (view)

is it real?
Posted: 8/6/2012 1:51:23 AM
yep, it's real and I am livin the dream with my man, who I met here in March (in separate houses!).

I had no pictures showing, but I wrote a thoughtful page about me and about my ideal partner. I met 3 men...all lovely and chose one. Had my share of offers for sex, dates, etc. and just people fishing. It works. But like anything else you have to put effort into it.

Others have given you good advice. I would also suggest you write a lot more.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2012 1:37:40 AM
oh really, frogy?

I am sorry but I disagree. My parents couldn't give me any money for school; I had to work for it. That does not mean I shouldn't give my son a good start. The money I invested for his school is a RESF and must be used for university. If not, it returns to me. I feel my son's 'problems' are also mine. Just because he turns 18 he won't stop being my son.

And you will not be in your old age at 45, nor even 55. Your daughter may even enhance your old age, given a chance.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2012 12:18:23 PM
JoseMadre....sorry, that was extreme sarcasm. I have my retirement nest egg and my son's undergrad years covered now. With 4 years left to work, I am saving for gravy. Absolutely it can be done, is and has been, by many. frogy is young, half my age. He can't imagine himself doing it, nor could I at his age.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2012 9:22:39 AM
@frogy27....whaaat I can't save for both his education and my own retirement?? Say it ain't so. I manage my money well. Professional job, live frugally and save my money.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 8/3/2012 4:12:23 AM
@frogy27...no I am not nuts. Just that I was too immature in my 20s and too insecure in my 30s to raise a family. By the time my son was born, I was settled into my career and able to support him, with or without his father. As a family we had 12 years together; now I am more than able to raise him to adulthood, healthwise and financially. And I get to do things I wouldn't have done without my boy beside me.

I won't need to work past 60...plenty of time to have solo fun. My son has plenty of money set aside for university, from both of us and his grandparents/aunts and uncles. He is the only grandchild on one side and 1 or only 3 on the other.

I am thrilled that most have their children young. If I had, there would have been more than 1. However, this is the deck I was dealt and I am totally good with that, lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 8/1/2012 3:04:09 AM
I am so with 50zCool!

Having an 11 year old boy now, means I have learned to love skateboards and scooters, I can rhyme with the best of them and even lay down some b-boy moves. My career could no way have given me this. My son is proud of his older Mom and even crawls up on those who think I am his grandma. (I am 55). At 25 or even 35, I was the party girl someone else wrote about. As I knew he was a gift in my life, I treat him as such. My new man had no kids, so my son serves as his too.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 7/30/2012 4:39:08 AM
I was partnered for 13 years. We had a son when I was 44. I am now 55. I wanted the child but not the father, in a marriage. We 3 are still a family in the loosest sense but we adults have each moved on. No hurt feelings. Our son was the best thing for both of us.

But I knew early on, he wasn't who I wanted to spend the rest of my days with.

I say marriage and kids over 40 is probably a personal choice.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 23 (view)

still not stable after age 30.
Posted: 7/18/2012 4:28:53 PM
I have lived in 3 provinces, travelled abroad and moved a lot within the province in which I reside. My reasons for moving: in my teens I was a free-spirit and moved on a whim; in my 20s I married young and we moved together from city to country; 13 years later we divorced and I moved to the city (in my mid-30s). By 42 I had met somebody and we moved to a rural part of the city; by 54 that relationship ended and I am back in the city.

I always thought of myself as flexible. If I meet/met somebody who wanted to live in a particular place and I saw it working for me then I moved. Never thought of it as a negative and I consider myself stable and self-actualized even.

My new love and I talk of moving upon retirement to a country place. Again I will go as I know it is the one I am with that counts, not where we are.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 398 (view)

attractiveness difference
Posted: 7/17/2012 7:03:51 PM
@erik, huh? Didn't mean to step into the sticky stuff, just saw _shakti's comment and wanted to respond.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 397 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2012 6:50:05 PM
@erik, nah just a youthful 55 year old. Don't think toys r us was around when I needed it!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 396 (view)

Posted: 7/17/2012 6:45:24 PM
yes I have heard of locus of control and also find it interesting. Fits with Maslow's hierarchy of needs, as outlined here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

Remember hearing about it 20 plus years ago and surely hoped I would get there. I did, but I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 57 (view)

Anyhthing Strange/Weird Happen to You After Meeting a Fellow POFer?
Posted: 7/17/2012 8:54:59 AM
Awww, it's so sad to read of some of the horror stories of internet dating. The only thing weird to me is that after I met the 3rd person, I fell in love. Still together after 4 months.

At 55, that seemed unattainable. I still pinch myself, afraid it is some sick dream. I had 3 long-term relationships, but never felt like I fell in love as opposed to lust.

If it doesn't work out, at least I know what to look for next, lol.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 2 (view)

New to the site, need help!
Posted: 7/16/2012 7:22:43 AM
this is hilarious...but at his age...it'll work, fersure!

Bieber-licious! LOL.
 light-fantastic

Please review my profile, thank you!
Posted: 7/14/2012 12:47:09 PM
what kind of girl do you seek and what are some together things do you enjoy? Maybe expand outside yourself a bit to share something about your ideal mate or date.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 5 (view)

Profile Review for a New Member
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:31:17 AM
I like your profile text, but I would agree with images. Too much clutter and too many people in your pics. Doesn't look like you have room for a girl.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 3 (view)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:27:24 AM
Hi....you have beautiful photos and are obviously intelligent. More detail about your likes, dislikes, the type of man you seek (other than ethnicity), how you spend your time, other than travel.

Best wishes. :)
 light-fantastic

Profile review
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:22:18 AM
Hi there!

As a woman, I object to being called a what, as in 'what's out there'.

You may want to expand upon your profile. Hopes and dreams, some chatter about yourself and your life.

I tend to scroll on by if there is nothing that catches my interest. I don't ask.

Also edit spelling, as in to for too or their and they're and there.

The devil is in the details for some of us. Best of luck!
 light-fantastic
Msg: 341 (view)

Posted: 7/13/2012 5:14:06 PM
I think we are all beautiful to somebody. I only contacted people who had well-written profiles and no picture. I wrote a finely honed profile and never shared a photo. I met 3 people, the third I am still happily connected with.

The only person I have to answer to at the end of each day, is the one in the mirror. She's still an alpha, and happy.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 91 (view)

Do weddings make you jealous?
Posted: 7/12/2012 4:50:11 AM
Jealous? Nothing makes me jealous. Envious? Nope, neither. OPH (other people's happiness) makes me smile and feel happy.
 light-fantastic
Msg: 6 (view)

a little constructive criticism please and thank you
Posted: 7/9/2012 2:48:57 AM
I like your profile. You state your dreams (working abroad), your photos are nice and I love the Natalie Marchant song, Hey Jealousy. But, the word jealousy in a user name where you want to meet somebody, may turn off some. Ditto on the smoking, even occasionally.

Best wishes!

Show ALL Forums