Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Americans with an intention
 oggers
Msg: 9 (view)

Americans with an intention
Posted: 3/30/2012 3:20:25 PM
Spooky 48 wrote :

What I'm basically asking is what do you think of this as a UK citizen?

If shes fit and loaded, send her my way :-)
 oggers
Msg: 36 (view)

Fuel crisis scuppers POF romance?
Posted: 3/30/2012 2:59:22 PM
YES !!!!!!!!

I have had to cancel a date just this weekend because of the fuel thing - she refused to pay for a tank of diesel for me car , or even unleaded for me bike !!!

Well, her loss not mine ............................

;-)
 oggers
Msg: 22 (view)

Your ex needs to find £20000. Would you help?
Posted: 9/20/2011 9:54:43 AM
((:-0
How do you know my ex ??
And why does she need 20 grand ...???
 oggers
Msg: 21 (view)

have you ever been stalked?
Posted: 9/13/2011 2:56:30 PM

I really can't imagine any girl, getting that obsessed with a bloke like me.

Lusipher ... if I can be stalked, you sure as hell can be !
I think that I am being "stalked" right now - it is a bit unnerving ..!!
 oggers

RED CARD FOR COKED-UP FOOTY ACE?
Posted: 9/13/2011 12:39:45 AM
Gary O'Connor

... who ... ??

oggers
Msg: 38 (view)

Straight but Being Hit On by the Same Sex
Posted: 9/13/2011 12:29:08 AM
Hit on by the same sex ?
Yes when I was younger at college, I was hit on by occassionally by younger guys and have experimented a little, but it was not for me. Much prefer the ladies.
 oggers
Msg: 14 (view)

obsessional hobbies
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:03:15 AM
I wouldn't say obsessional, but I do enjoy motorcycling and motorsport - whilst not being obsessed by either, they do take up a lot of time: bikes need servicing regularly, and I need to prepare maps / pace notes etc for co-driving
 oggers
Msg: 15 (view)

Sexiest Celebrity Voices
Posted: 8/14/2011 12:58:27 PM
There is only one candidate as far as I am concerned - Joanna Lumley

She even announces " You've got mail!" everytime I get an e-mail haha
Orgasmic!
 oggers
Msg: 29 (view)

Swinton Manchester Meet 20th aug 2011
Posted: 8/13/2011 12:48:39 PM
Never been to one on me own before, so bit nervous (?!) but hope to be there !

Is there a hotel nearby, that way I can have a beer (dutch courage!!!)
 oggers
Msg: 7 (view)

ST HELENS. POF NIGHT. 18/08/11 AT DALI BAR
Posted: 8/13/2011 12:43:30 PM
I would love to come to a do in my home town, but its daughters exam results day, and I've got work next morning -- do you ever have do'd at a weekend ?? :)
 oggers
Msg: 264 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:33:52 PM

Whilst I know my old dear would've dished out a sound thrashing for me doing something like that - she'd do the same thing now, if I had been one of those pricks - and then marched me straight over to the police ... a lot of the parents now, won't be prepared to do such things

Your mum and mine, Lusipher... but think the "Shameless" type estates ... the parents probably sent the kids out with a shopping list !!
 oggers
Msg: 263 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:31:07 PM

White people don’t suffer racism.

... they do if they go to Kinstown, Jamaica !!!
 oggers
Msg: 260 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 12:15:35 PM
Lusipher, as I understand it , it depends who is handing out the sentances - magistrates can only hand out short sentences for "burglary" (or something like that). Here in Manc, the magistrates have been handing the case to crown court on charges of 'riot' which can carry up to 20 years ......

Yes, I heard about the potential evictions on the radio today - a few other boroughs up and down the country will consider this as well , apparentley

but as the kid on Sky said last night - what are they gonna do to us? no room in the prisons, and I can live with an asbo .... they have no fear of the consequenses.. so yes, it may well do cause deeper rifts with the authorities
 oggers
Msg: 16 (view)

Am I a victim of a mid life crisis????????
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:52:11 AM
YES !!!

I am having a mid life crisis -- I have bought (another) motorbike ......
 oggers
Msg: 249 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:15:43 AM
Let s not get sucked into the racial thing here, or confusing what has happened in the last few days.

Totenham - was in response to Mark Duggan, and the poor police handling of the whole situation.

Everything else - Lewisham, Peckham, Croydon, Ealing, Nottingham, Manchester , Salford, Birmingham, Bristol, Gloucester, Leicester, Washington , etc etc - is nothing to do with Mark Duggan, nothing to do with racism, nothing to do with "disenfranchised youth" -- everything to do with greed, shoplifting and criminality. From what I saw on the TV and heard on the radio, there were people from a whole variety of ethnicity taking part.

The first ones in court? Primary school worker, graphic designer, some bloke about to join the army, office worker..... not exactly mindless yoofs ....
 oggers
Msg: 10 (view)

London is Burning
Posted: 8/8/2011 10:20:35 AM
I think its violence organised by the Window Glazers Trade Association to drum up a bit of business ,,

,,not helped of course by the fact that our earstwhile government has decided that cutting funding for the police was a Good Idea.

And who suffers ? The innocent who have the misfortune to live in the area....

There is more to this Mark Duggan thing than meets the eye - police do not shoot people for no reason (as is portrayed by certain individuals). There was a report on the radio that he was in fact armed and into drug gangs etc .. no doubt the truth will out eventually.
This current unrest is unrelated, and is simply mindless rioting / violence imo
 oggers
Msg: 18 (view)

The Jesus story fact or fiction?
Posted: 8/7/2011 11:00:54 AM
Far as I'm concerned, its a (largely) fictional story about a ( largely) factual character

OK ?
 oggers
Msg: 4 (view)

Women and Cigars
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:54:22 AM
my English teacher, Miss P**** at school ( in the 70's ) smoked small panatellas - it / she was sexy as hell :p

Bill Clinton thought it was pretty hot too, I understand ......
 oggers
Msg: 22 (view)

What do I say to ask a girl out?
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:50:03 AM
Hi, just wondering, what kind of things should i say to start talking to a girl and then ak them for their number. I can go up a girl and just start to talk to them. But how do I actually ask for their number in a club?

Also, how do I ask a girl for their number in the middle of a street can I do that see a girl I like the look of. Can I just say hi, and ask them what there name is and ask if I can take them out one day?

.. See the advert for Phil* somebody-or-other when you log out

Bottom line is YES - confidently go and ask for their number - worst they can do is say no . See? I think I just saved you about $80 .....

* ok, he's called Paul Janka ( rhymes with .. )
 oggers
Msg: 87 (view)

No replies!
Posted: 8/7/2011 10:45:23 AM
Jeeeeeeeeeez, is this thread subject still rumbling on .... ?!

Boy messages girl
Girl deletes unread

Thats just life on t internet , isn't it ???
 oggers
Msg: 5 (view)

The Jesus story fact or fiction?
Posted: 8/1/2011 9:35:41 AM
The Bible is a compilation of supposed events by several people, not just one person - and they certainly did not have the C of E's fortunes in mind -- that was inspired by Henry VIII I believe .......

He's depicted as this long haired Caucasian dude...... When at that time in history, that would have been an impossibility.

Why would this have been an impossibility ? A caucasian is someone from the region of the Caucasus, which includes regions currently known as georgia, Azerbaijan, etc -- not a million miles from the Mid East ?

oggers

Men/Women in Leather...
Posted: 7/19/2011 12:24:23 AM
personally I find women in leather jeans very sexy
I dont find biker gear sexy - just practical, but leather jeans and vest --- phwoar !
 oggers
Msg: 50 (view)

Is wanting more than just sex wrong?
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:04:45 AM
Simply, there is nothing wrong with wanting just sex
There is nothing wrong with wanting MORE than just sex

As long as both parties are clear in their aims, and communicate !
 oggers
Msg: 204 (view)

Older Women And Younger Men Dating.... What Do You Think?
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:02:58 AM
Blimey - if I date an older woman, she'll be close to daisy pushing ......
 oggers
Msg: 54 (view)

Changes to the driving test.....
Posted: 5/11/2011 4:16:25 PM

Are you on about the spare wheel/tyre here, as a spare wheel does not have to be legal, it is not part of your MOT test , the only thing illegal about it is, if you have to use it and get caught

Half right .
The spare wheel is not legally part of an MoT test --- meaning if its not there at all, its not a problem..

BUT if it IS there , it will be tested, and it has to be in a legal condition (ie not bald etc) otherwise you WILL fail

just to be clear ....
 oggers
Msg: 53 (view)

Changes to the driving test.....
Posted: 5/11/2011 4:12:26 PM
Good Luck Abbie, if you stay calm and dont get nervous, you'll be fine - examiners 'grade' your mistakes, and you are allowed so many minor errors, fewer more serious ones ---- and if the examiner has to hit the dual control brakes you've failed !! You'll be OK :)
 oggers
Msg: 70 (view)

Learner drivers on Motorways.
Posted: 5/11/2011 4:05:48 PM

how is it possible to undertake if everyone is using the lanes correctly?

The problem is the middle lane owners club conveniently turning a three - or four - lane motorway into a dual carriage way ......
 oggers

Royal Wedding Fever ?
Posted: 4/29/2011 11:03:52 AM
Watched a bit of it, enjoyed Prince Charles' Aston at the end (this is the one that runs on pinapple juice or some such thing ,,) interested to learn that they both had exes there, although I didn't see Prince Harry's father anywhere ....... ?
 oggers
Msg: 39 (view)

saying thanks but no thanks
Posted: 4/18/2011 12:10:28 PM

sometimes its easier to run..!

I've just done that, and I dont feel big or clever about it - I've always been one to say something face to face, but for whatever reason, I just couldn't do that this time -- so text it was !
we'd only met a few times though so its not like it was a serious thing , but thats no excuse :((
 oggers
Msg: 81 (view)

Ever Had A Forum Stalker?
Posted: 4/18/2011 12:03:50 PM
Yep !
 oggers
Msg: 13 (view)

Looks are equally as important as personality if not more..
Posted: 4/18/2011 12:01:40 PM

So yes I think you are right Looks are important to an extent, but the personality matters a lot more for the long term!

Sums it up for me. Like Gary, I have tried dating people whom I did not find that attractive to begin with - wasn't long before it went tits up (ahem - so to speak..)

PS - nice bike, zeegary :)
 oggers
Msg: 18 (view)

Doesn't a break mean a break?????
Posted: 4/18/2011 11:56:11 AM
Gosh , you lot are such cynics !

It might simply mean that he wants a break from a relationship as such as he is getting 'in too deep too quick '? Maybe he is suffering from cold feet and wants to take stock of where he is .

Doesnt neccessarily mean that he's dipping his wick elsewhere ........
 oggers
Msg: 35 (view)

Formula One 2011
Posted: 4/18/2011 11:48:53 AM
China.

What a race !

Result in doubt until three laps from the end - well done Pirelli : everyone thought that they had screwed the tyres, but it appears this season they delivered just what was needed - no surprise really, they are no mugs :)

And big up to our own (OK, Scottish !!) Paul Di Resta - very solid performances in the first three races, out qualifying and out racing the experienced and rated Sutil every race. Good Lad (cousin of Indy Car Champ Dario Franchitti )

But Jenson - get the right pit crew, lad !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
 oggers
Msg: 77 (view)

occupations
Posted: 3/31/2011 10:14:59 AM
..... just ask most of the chav parents on our local council estate - most of them choose to stay at home to be parents , and our very kind government pays them a fortune to be able to do so
 oggers
Msg: 36 (view)

MANCHESTER SPRING PARTY THE OLD PINT POT SATURDAY 2ND APRIL 2011
Posted: 3/30/2011 3:21:35 PM
Came to the last one and had a ball - sadly can't make this one as I'm off rallying , but have a drink for me and have a great party !
 oggers
Msg: 5 (view)

Does 'love' make you lose your marbles?
Posted: 3/29/2011 3:34:47 PM
Cakes, YES love does make you lose your marbles !!!!!!!! Since I fell in love with Alex Jenkinson when I was 9, I lost the box that contained ALL of my marbles - one of them was a 25-er, too :(
 oggers
Msg: 40 (view)

would you ask a guy out and what do men think if a women does
Posted: 3/15/2011 11:58:13 AM
I have been asked out by a lady , and to be honest I was quite flattered and pleased to accept

I personally dont see an issue in it --- so any of you wimmin want to ask out a bright eyed and bushy tailed old fart, ask away !
 oggers
Msg: 59 (view)

UK Census next month- who is sleeping in your bed?
Posted: 3/8/2011 12:24:44 AM
This thread has really made me laugh, so many paranoid tough keyboard warriors : )

You dont wanna fill the form , then dont fill the form - who gives a feck ? Rip it up and bin it - go on, no-one will ever know, chances are you wont get fined, make your stand against the government, rage against the machine.. haha .. priceless :)
 oggers
Msg: 20 (view)

Formula One 2011
Posted: 3/7/2011 12:01:59 AM
Looks like the delayed start to the season will be a blessing in disguise for some teams as they struggle to get on the pace = Mercedes are really in the mire with what looks like a dog of a car, and McLaren are struggling to get the radical design to work properly.

Williams could be on the road back after an encouraging test period, and the super-low line gearbox could be the advantage they are looking for this year . Renault (with Heidfeld on board) are looking quick ... but not as quick as the RedBulls and the Ferraris !

Surprise of the new season could be STR , who have looked nearer the front than previous seasons, and Lotus who claim to have made a step forward with the new car.

But at the end of the day, what we will see is the usual suspects at the front cme the first race...

the BIG unknown is the new Pirelli tyres : looks like teams may require as many as FOUR stops in the race. The new tyres are quite stiff in the sidewall, and so do not flex and move as much as previous tyres --- and its this flexing and moving that generates internal heat. So the tyres run cooler, which means that the rubber just peels from the tread and forms marbles instead of "rubbering" the track. Basically the tyres degrade without providing high levels of grip ............
 oggers
Msg: 11 (view)

I'm a laydee!..
Posted: 3/6/2011 9:03:54 AM
I dont know about the rest of you , but I am heartily getting sick and fed up of all these "politically correct" numpties and there mumbo jumbo ...

Calling a "person of the feminine sex" a lady is in no way derogatory or outdated .. We all know what is derogatory and what isn't, so enough of the bullsh*t => calling someone a fat slag is derogatory, calling them a lady is not .

Jeeeeez
 oggers

Revenge V's Forgiveness
Posted: 3/2/2011 12:35:41 AM
Revenge .

The sweetest dish

..... best served cold ...... )):-)
 oggers

Fireball XL5..!
Posted: 2/26/2011 5:49:18 AM
Fireball XL5 , Stingray , Space Patrol, Supercar were all big favourites of mine, but who could forget Noggin The Nog and Captain Pugwash ??!!
 oggers
Msg: 8 (view)

'Hookey' Gear
Posted: 2/24/2011 10:14:38 AM
Thanks Ruffy - thats confirmed (almost to the euro cent) what my colleagues in switzerland / Holland / France / Germany , and confirms cornucopia's initial post ...

what I want to know now, is
1) why diesel in the majority of countries is substantially LESS than unleaded ( up to 16 p / litre)
2) why - when the oil price has risen to its highest for 2.5 years (ie 2.5 years ago, oil price / barrel was same as now) fuel prices are wayyyyyyy higher than 2.5 years ago ... ?

The first word that springs to mind is ' profiteering' ....... although I guess there will be some - ahem - 'sensible' solutions ....
 oggers
Msg: 6 (view)

'Hookey' Gear
Posted: 2/23/2011 2:13:34 PM

There's no requirement to provide 'documented proof' or substantiate for those too lazy to use their browser...but since you ask - try these for starters:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/News/EU-petrol-prices-drop-while-UKs-soar/

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/229737/Petrol-prices-drop-in-Europe-but-rise-here

Lazy, eh?

OK well, whilst I dont believe everything I read on the net - or in the Daily Express! - I'll check with my european colleagues tomorrow and either confirm or put you right as is the case : )
 oggers

'Hookey' Gear
Posted: 2/23/2011 10:54:11 AM

Fuel prices have gone down 4% in Europe

You have documented proof of this , or is this from an "anonymous source" or a story on the radio / in the press ?
 oggers
Msg: 8 (view)

Manchester Valentines party 12th February pictures and comments
Posted: 2/14/2011 11:21:49 PM
My first 'do' also, and thouroughly enjoyed it - cant believe there were so many people there ! Looking forward to the next one , cheers
 oggers
Msg: 11 (view)

Valentines Day
Posted: 2/14/2011 11:10:56 PM
He was beheaded around 270 AD, you know for trying to convert the Roman Emperor at the time back to christianity ... not much love shown there !
 oggers
Msg: 37 (view)

Manchester Valentines Party Saturday 12 February at The Old Pint Pot 8PM - 1Am
Posted: 2/12/2011 10:47:53 AM
supermum, I've never been to one either - but if I can get there, and dont know anyone , then anybody can !!!
I am Mr Shy !
 oggers
Msg: 25 (view)

Manchester Valentines Party Saturday 12 February at The Old Pint Pot 8PM - 1Am
Posted: 2/9/2011 3:29:05 PM
So whats the script at organised meets like these - do we get name tags? do we make our own ? do we go anononymously .... ? buffet ? food available at the bar ? eat first ?
I like to be prepared
 oggers

Formula One 2011
Posted: 2/8/2011 1:09:15 PM
Really was a sad moment to hear about RK but the news today is not half as grim as it was Sunday - still reckon he'll be out for a season though. You're never gonna guess who Renault are thinking of signing up as a replacement .. noe other than Bruno Senna.....
To be fair, they did say that this was the short term option - if RK is going to be out for longer they would review their options - I reckon Hulkenberg would be the best option out of those that you mention.

On a lighter note , am I glad to see the back of most of those horrible hateful "sail" engine covers !!! Most new cars this year seem to have dropped them from what I see :)

Edit - this straight off the BBC F1 website :-

"Bruno Senna, Vitantonio Liuzzi and Nick Heidfeld are in the frame to replace injured Renault driver Robert Kubica.
Hospitalised Kubica faces more surgery on multiple fractures after a rally crash in Italy, which Renault say will keep him out for at least two months.
"We will look for Kubica's substitute: the names considered are Senna, Liuzzi and Heidfeld," said Renault's team principal Eric Boullier on Tuesday.

BBC Sport understands that Heidfeld has been in talks with Renault on Tuesday.
Doctors have suggested that it could take Kubica, who is likely to remain in hospital for two to three weeks after Sunday's crash, up to a year to recover fully. "

Show ALL Forums