Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Toilet Rules
 silversox
Msg: 19 (view)

Toilet Rules
Posted: 10/31/2012 10:07:12 AM
Notice pinned on Durex machine:

This Chewing Gum Tastes Awful
 silversox
Msg: 327 (view)

What words should be banned from profiles?
Posted: 10/29/2012 6:50:19 AM
Also:

'female wanted' - very disrespectful
 silversox
Msg: 326 (view)

What words should be banned from profiles?
Posted: 10/29/2012 6:48:12 AM
Very silly, I know, but I find 'woman' can be offensive. My mum used to tell me that it was disrespectful - it should be 'LADY'. It really grates on me, at times!!
 silversox
Msg: 5 (view)

Sleep Paralysis
Posted: 7/4/2012 3:29:47 PM
Your description is the only way that I can descibe my own day-dreams/hallucinations. I used to have these regularly when I was married some years ago and going through some pretty stressful times. I hadn't had any recurring since then until very recently when it well and truly came over me. I was at work and I work as PA to my two company directors. I found myself holding what seemed like a normal conversation with them; I could also use the computer etc. but all the time I am I am hearing voices and 'seeing' my dream.

I can usually feel it coming on. I feel very light headed, even though my eyes are open I am 'seeing' a dream. This 'dream' is like deja vu; I am thinking to myself, 'this is a repeat of last time' and is always based on the same theme but I can't recall enough to write it down on here. I often wonder if I should try and write during one of these 'dreams'.

They are not frightening (unlike the nightmares and bad dreams which I often have) and sometimes the light-headedness and hallucinations can last up to 2 to 3 hours. I've never known what triggers them. I had thought they were a result of quite a lot of stress but a work colleague suggested that an ingredient called aspartame which is used in sweeteners can bring on hallucinations. I googled and found that this was the case so I no longer use sweeteners and I haven't had a 'funny turn' since but that could be just coincidence.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6727524_aspartame-poisoning-recovery.html
 silversox
Msg: 42 (view)

Musical guilty pleasures
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:46:08 PM
Now, you're all going to be quite envious of me - I work as a presenter at our local on-line radio station and every week I play anything I like from the 50's, 60's or 70's. It's great - and because I'm 'old' I seem to have more to choose from than the younger DJ's. Only songs we can't play are those of Gary Glitter and his Band - and I so loved his music at the time. I s'pose it might be on Youtube.

Anyway, someone mentioned Max Bygraves on the first page and I will be playing 'Tulips from Amsterdam' and 'You Need Hands' next Friday and I'll dedicate them to you lot!!

My own secret playlist is a compilation with Agnetha Faltskog (blond in Abba) and a whole lotta 70's sounds which I listen to when I'm doing the ironing.
 silversox
Msg: 10 (view)

Ambiguous Locations
Posted: 6/24/2012 4:57:04 AM
I've just searched within 10 miles of OX12 (Wantage,Oxford) and come up with some lovely pics - from Mansfield, Nottingham and Stirlingshire. It's a bl**dy joke!! Can anyone give me a tip on searching within my own area, please??
 silversox
Msg: 8 (view)

Ambiguous Locations
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:02:35 PM
I think it follows that of American style dating websites, where 'local' possibly means within 100 miles!! When I click on 'My City' on here it often comes up with people well over 150 miles away. Yes, if I enter 'within 10 miles' it's usually pretty accurate, anything more and it seems to choose at random. 'My City' should read 'My Town', here in the UK and the format/way it picks users should be adjusted accordingly. Drives me mad!!

Show ALL Forums