Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Fellow world travelers? Where have you been, and where do you want to go?
 melzza
Msg: 17 (view)

Fellow world travelers? Where have you been, and where do you want to go?
Posted: 7/23/2009 2:13:52 PM
So far I have been to: Paris, Amsterdam, Portugal, Spain, Ibiza, Italy - Rome, Venice, Milan, worked in Greece for 6 months. Emigrated to South Africa lasted only 3 months!, visited Jo'burg, Cape Town, Pretoria. Been to Kenya, Marrakesh, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Cuba and of course NY city and Florida. Loved Brazil and Mexico, I have been to most of these places with my Children so do not be put off taking children overseas they have always been welcomed and coped with all the food combinations, heat, and travelling for long hours.

One day would love to do to the Transiberian express across Russia, And travel round the coast of India, and spend some time in South America.

Plan on seeing the UK when I can no longer travel overseas. Although I am a true Londoner born and bred here I have not seen much of my own country!I believe we have a beautiful country steeped in history, and I guess there is no place like home....
 melzza
Msg: 11 (view)

Best Place You've Ever Been?
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:53:58 PM
Most beautiful : Sri Lanka

Most Romantic: Kenya

Most interesting: Rome

oversall the best place Sri Lanka, Lovely people, hospitable, buddhism religion therefore peaceful. Wonderful beaches, elephant orphange, fantastic tea plantations, not expensive, they dont rip you off, there are not too many tourists a real jewel in the indian ocean. Took my 5 and 8 yeard old children who were very welcomed.

I say i would never go back to a place once i have been there as there are too many places in the world to visit, but i would go back to Sri Lanka.
 melzza
Msg: 8 (view)

Spain or South America?
Posted: 7/23/2009 1:45:29 PM
Visited Brazil last year, north east coast Natal region, absoloutely beautiful no problems, people very hospitable although i think it doesnt come cheap. Got along with people although i dont speak portugese or spanish. Believe there are no longer direct flights and you have to go via Portugal, as with some of the other south American countries unless you are visiting the cities! You may find it a lot easier to go backwards and forwards to Spain, although too many non Spanish people there.

Anyway good luck, let me know how you get on.

Show ALL Forums