Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Why with the facebook?
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 21 (view)

Why with the facebook?
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:27:41 AM
If you think their reaction to that is bad, picture their reaction if you were to tell them you don't have FB.

It's exasperating. I'm sick of people basing their lives around a slightly less-obnoxious version of MySpace.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 49 (view)

Why DO men send unsolicited pics of their penis?
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:16:01 AM
I imagine it's something of an evolutionary throwback to the times when men-apes would display their genitals to woman-apes to show they're horny and virile.

These days it seems pretty juvenile and unnecessary of course.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 18 (view)

Dating someone who looks like an Ex
Posted: 5/31/2012 6:04:33 AM
Depends on which ex...
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 28 (view)

Does this person seem mentally unstable to you? What, if anything, is wrong with them?
Posted: 5/29/2012 9:38:34 PM
There's no harm in guessing as long as it isn't represented as a definitive diagnosis. Which no one here has done.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 32 (view)

No response!?!
Posted: 5/29/2012 8:02:58 PM
I don't respond to people I find ugly either. And this is from someone who is also ugly.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 100 (view)

Would you date a woman that is pregnant?
Posted: 5/29/2012 7:54:52 PM
Sure, if it's to an abortion clinic.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 22 (view)

Does this person seem mentally unstable to you? What, if anything, is wrong with them?
Posted: 5/29/2012 11:06:14 AM
Simple. Other people's issues are interesting to us as social animals.

Yeah she shouldn't be preoccupied with the guy but there's no evidence she is!
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2012 10:51:39 AM
From your description he has traits of several personality disorders as outlined in the DSM-IV.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd go with narcissistic personality disorder. You didn't mention any outright hallucinations which rules out schizophrenic-type disorders and you didn't mention mood-swings which rules out bipolar or depressive type disorders. The cabal/shaman thing is unusual but doesn't sound pathological to me.

The above isn't a diagnosis (I'm only halfway through a masters in forensic psychology) but if the behaviors you outlined were put in an exam the above would be my answer.

But yeah he ain't relationship material if he remains untreated.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 97 (view)

Why is it so hard to find a girl for casual encounters?
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:21:56 AM
For an average-looking guy, it's about being in the right place at the right time.

For every 100 IE girls an average-looking, non-creepy guy messages, he'd have a chance of meeting maybe 2. It's a numbers game essentially.

So if you're willing to spend lots of time messaging IE girls here eventually you'll get lucky. Otherwise try AFF (and yes... pay for it).

As for WHY it's so hard it's because there are lots of better looking, younger, stronger, smarter, more charming, richer, funnier, cooler, more sociable and simply more sexy men than you messaging the same IE girl you are. Right place, right time...
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 2 (view)

Meetme needs to be revamped
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:15:05 AM
Better yet, delete it. Totally worthless "feature".
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 23 (view)

Sex, before marriage. Still a virgin.
Posted: 5/29/2012 10:00:25 AM
I love how religious types view their virginity as a divine gift they get to bestow on some lucky mortal. Please.

I also love how by saying they're a "moral" person by waiting the obvious implication is the rest of us are somehow immoral. Give me a break.

As a lot of people here would know, the experience of losing your virginity can be beautiful or extremely ugly. For me, it was simply awesome... I was in love with the girl, she was in love with me and we lost it to eachother when the time was right. It was a loving, playful and natural experience that I could never forget. As Godly as any experience could be, I would say. And no, we weren't married.

Nonetheless sister, I wish you the best of luck in retaining your charmingly anachronistic puritan worldview. I got over the Catholic thing when I was about 10 but if it works for you so be it.

ps: it's also pretty obvious to me that your zeal for this virginity stuff has in some way been catalysed by what happened with that guy you were in love with. If this is the case you're letting him and that girl get to you more than you're willing to admit. Talk to your preist about it, better yet a psychologist.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 10 (view)

Polyandry or Polyamory - Would you be in it ?
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:06:24 AM
Doesn't bother me if people want to marry several people. Don't care if gays marry either. Honestly doesn't matter to me if someone wants to marry a sibling even.

As long as everyone's an adult and fully consents I don't give a shit. Go hog wild.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 78 (view)

How do u use the meet me app,
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:40:37 AM
Useless feature, obviously next to no one uses it correctly if it all. I ignore all notifications I get about this feature because I know they haven't even looked at my profile before selecting yes or maybe.

The "maybe" option is obviously a substantial flaw but even if this was removed it would still be a waste of time.

Get rid of it and replace it with something useful. Or nothing at all.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 3 (view)

Clearing the wants to meet me
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:36:49 AM
Useless feature. Not your recommendation, but the "Meet Me" section itself.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 225 (view)

Psychics/Clairvoyants ~ cynic or believer??
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:46:02 AM
I didn't say people who disagree with me are stupid, but I definitely implied people who equate spiritualism with psychiatry/psychology are.

I'm happy with the knowledge that people in the psychiatric and psychological professions help millions upon millions of people a day and I'm glad to be contributing to it in some small way.

Obviously this subject is a hobby horse of yours so I'll let you mire in it. If you want to make a new thread on the subject I'll do my best to enlighten you though... journal references, citations and all.:)
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 28 (view)

Schizophrenic Sister
Posted: 5/17/2012 2:30:04 AM
I feel for you, buddy. My brother is pretty much the same and I escaped from living with him as soon as I could. He has no insight into his condition and has refused to see a doctor about his symptoms (which are worsening) for several years. This means my mother and father deal with it daily - my sister and I to a lesser extent but it still sucks.

You're not selfish, I know it can affect your health and wellbeing too. Unfortunately it sounds like you're stuck there for now so you just have to find a way to get outta the house as much as possible.

I wish you luck. But I feel most for your mum.:(

Ps: don't be afraid to have her committed if she makes threats to anyone or threatens self-harm (ie, call the cops about this as soon as it happens, they'll do the rest).
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 222 (view)

Posted: 5/17/2012 1:59:35 AM
Thank you. But even with psychoactives we know what receptors they target which is probably the most important thing to know about the "how".
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 124 (view)

Ex girlfriend sends me this text today...how do I play this?
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:11:08 PM

Do yourself a favor and text her back, "Who's this?"

I pick this one.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 220 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2012 7:09:11 PM
Like I said, if you're not inclined to seek help that's your issue (unless you're involuntarily committed that is). All the best street tramps agree!

Also no one's exactly sure HOW most drugs work, it's if they DO work that's important for the people that suffer. Antipsychotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, antidepressants... they're all effective and safe and have a long history of use.

Equating psychics with psychiatry is just so stupid it's hard to know where to start. And there's lots of scientific evidence that mental illness exists, especially with the use of fMRI.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 9 (view)

bjs are painful?
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:36:36 AM
Um... you seem pretty certain about that diagnosis.

Where did the enema thing come from?
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 366 (view)

small breast appreciation
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:11:36 AM
Yep, I've always gone for girls with smaller breasts (and petite yet femine features otherwise).

I don't know why. They just... speak to me.:3
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 9 (view)

Is She Interested ? feet language and the office
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:59:31 AM
Yeah... definitely wait until any fiduciary duty you have with her or her company is completely and totally discharged before going ahead with this.
 internetdatinglol

Where have the moderators gone?
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:54:42 AM
Anyone got some links to some copyrighted material?;)
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 75 (view)

How do I know if Im good in bed?
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:40:13 AM
If you have to ask...
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 347 (view)

Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:38:44 AM
I personally find it a massive turn off.

I have seen documentaries on the types of guys that "muscle worship". They're universally creepy.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 261 (view)

If she has the condoms is that a good thing?
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:32:21 AM
Massive turn off. Some guys love it but uh... on the whole they're the same type of guy that goes to computer swap meets and Star Trek conventions in sweat pants and a gravy-stained tshirt.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 6 (view)

Pregnancy fetish chat
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:55:09 AM
There's nothing about being attracted to pregnant women which is immoral in and of itself but it's a shame the OP's interests have strayed into crazy town when he's so young!
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 6 (view)

Bikie Wars: Brothers In Arms
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:44:15 AM
Fair enough, but the fact you watched several season finales means you didn't exactly hate it either!;)
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 5 (view)

Suggestion: Tranny / trannie filtering
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:14:09 AM
Transexuals sometimes do see themselves as fully female/male, and are happy to classify themselves as such. Others, however, see themselves as neither (intersex, if you must).

For this reason I agree with the OP that a seperate category should be there. Won't happen though.

Also what the OP is saying is not offensive. He wants to meet women who were biologically and physically born that way. He's not being 'transphobic' by expressing this preference.
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 217 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2012 5:06:24 AM
He's the head of an organized religion which is just as backward as any other. You may as well quote the pope, I'm sure he comes up with similar banalities.
 Internetdatinglol

Posted: 5/16/2012 5:04:44 AM
The Wire "drags on a bit" if you're used to the sugar-rush, instant gratification crap that passes for drama on Australia's commercial networks (Underbelly being a prime example).

If you like character development and delayed gratification it's easier to appreciate. In my opinion nothing comes close the The Wire, it's superlative in every way.
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2012 4:42:03 AM
America simply does crime drama better. See The Wire and Boardwalk Empire for definitive proof.
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 37 (view)

do guy like stay single and just have sex casually?
Posted: 5/16/2012 4:34:45 AM
Lucky I didn't quote you personally then.:)
 Internetdatinglol
Msg: 215 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2012 4:32:56 AM
Don't take jabs at the stupidity of religion (however easy/deserved) then quote the Dalai Lama. It's disingenuous.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 5/16/2012 3:32:57 AM
If you think asian women are subservient you've never been in a relationship with one.

There's a vast difference to how someone relates to thr general public and how they relate to their partner. Shyness and displays of respect shouldn't be mistaken for subservience.
 internetdatinglol

bjs are painful?
Posted: 5/16/2012 1:15:04 AM
The "no teeth" thing is a little overblown too.

So long as the woman in question isn't literally biting down, has a seriously dry mouth or has snake-like fangs, teeth aren't normally a problem. It's almost impossible (I'm guessing) to have a dick in your mouth without it inadvertantly sliding against some of your teeth. So long as there is saliva covering them most men wouldn't notice.

But we really need more info from the OP to sort this one out.
 internetdatinglol

bjs are painful?
Posted: 5/15/2012 11:51:32 PM
She'd have to have suction power equivelent to that of an industrial vacuum to cause pain in that manner.

I'm uncircumsized and have never been in pain due to having oral sex performed on me. Maybe I'm just lucky?

Also I really doubt sucking cock is something that differs substantially between cultures.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 26 (view)

HPV vaccine for boys?
Posted: 5/15/2012 10:27:48 PM
Thank Christ there are responsible parents out there doing the right thing by their children and getting them vaccinated against this now mostly preventable disease! Good on you, OP... and all the other conscientious and rational parents in this thread.

Nothing is more infuriating than someone putting the entire community's health at risk because they believe wackjob anti-vaccination conspiracy theories. Hope when their sons and daughters are diagnosed with cervical/penile cancer they still think it's worth it!

As for the idiots chiming in with their "duhhh men don't have a cervix" crap, read a book goddammit. The vaccine is against HPV which affects both sexes.
 internetdatinglol

Taxpayers - Is it ok to Rip off the System while your working your &^(&^off ???
Posted: 5/15/2012 9:44:52 PM
That was the point a few of us were making... you seemed to be under the impression this person was going to get away with it and that Centrelink aren't on top of this sort of thing.

They obviously are, your story proves it.
 internetdatinglol

bjs are painful?
Posted: 5/15/2012 9:23:53 PM
You might have a problem with your frenulum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_breve

Are you uncircumsized?

There are other possibilities of course (ranging from STDs to bad technique) but this seems the most likely IMO.
 internetdatinglol

Pregnancy fetish chat
Posted: 5/15/2012 9:16:19 PM
The word 'fetish' is thrown around a lot but do you know what it really means?

Are you seriously ONLY attracted to pregnant women?
 internetdatinglol

Minimum Alcohol Pricing - What do You Think?
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:56:57 PM
Makes sense to me. As a non-drinker it strikes me as absurd that some alcoholic beverages are cheaper than bottled water.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 19 (view)

the non caucasian button is racism
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:45:46 PM
It's somewhere on the fuzzy border between discrimination and outright racism. In any case it should be rectified.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2012 10:42:32 AM
And yes almost every guy is fine with just having casual sex with no commitment. If you allow a guy to have sex with you and then allow him not to be emotionally involved he'll be up for that EVERY TIME, without fail.

Therefore, it's up to you. Do you allow this or don't you? If you choose to allow it then you can't really complain right?
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2012 10:33:42 AM
Beta males? What a load of BS. You've been listening to the brahs at the gym too much, tiger.

There's nothing "unnatural" about desiring a loving, faithful and exclusive relationship. It's not impossible to achieve and if the OP wants it then she should take steps to ensure she doesn't encourage men like the one she is seeing to take advantage of her. Which is exactly what is happening it sounds like.

So, Ms. Xiao, learn to be assertive! You hold all the cards, just tell this guy you want something serious and move on! There is nothing to be gained from "just being friends" if you want a relationship, right?
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 213 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2012 10:10:45 AM
Also I'd encourage anyone not inclined to seek therapy from a psychologist or properly-registered medical professional to talk to friends, family, passing acquaintances, pets, trees, insects, statues and rocks (preferably in that order) before seeking any form of help from a self-professed psychic or medium. Ultimately the snake oil they sell is a waste of time if not outright harmful.

Either you really want help or you want to live in a fantasy land. Lots of people go for the fantasy option which is unfortunate but uh... people are easily fooled and will believe all sorts of nonsense if it serves as a form of escape. What can you do?
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 212 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2012 5:49:42 AM
Counselling and therapy can be bulk-billed so not really.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 207 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2012 5:04:12 AM
I have an open mind. There's a very big difference between having an open mind and being gullible though.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 200 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2012 8:52:01 PM
There is no "good" psychic versus fake psychic dichotomy.

They're ALL fake, some just aren't conscious that what they're doing is a mixture of cold-reading and good ol' guessing.

The consciously fake psychics inwardly acknowledge what they're doing is pure BS and just continue to rip people off anyway. In effect though, they are no different from the unconscious fakes out there (who actually think they're special or "gifted") - they still charge people for a "service" that doesn't exist. Often the people who pay them are the type who can't afford to, but whatever.

Also EVERY psychic pulls the "oh I know there are fakes out there but I'M the real deal" routine. If someone needs to say this their "results" don't speak for themselves.

It's all such transparent bollocks it amazes me ANYONE actually believes in it after the age of 10.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 5/14/2012 5:00:15 AM
I've admired guys that can do that, but it's a rare lady who'll put up with it.

If it doesn't suit you, then tell him it's a relationship or nothing. Simple.

Show ALL Forums