Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?
 tbuddha
Msg: 6 (view)

Do women value being wives/mothers anymore?
Posted: 10/19/2009 10:19:00 PM

Women can be wives and mothers and have a career as well and achieve a healthy, positive balance between the two.

Not from what I can tell. Define "healthy"
 tbuddha
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2009 10:05:21 PM

1. Women do value these qualities, but also value having interests (i.e. a life) outside the home! How would you like it if you were expected to give up several of your interests and your job-- to just clean, cook, and raise kids for years? Would it become mindnubmingly dull after awhile? Would you feel like you're not utilizing your mind to its full extent?

Is that any worse than slaving away for a paycheck day in and day out? How about all the crappy jobs guys take to make a buck that women can't do? Guys like firemen and alaskan fishermen risk their lives so you can eat crabcakes. Is minding a home really that bad? I actually like hanging out at my place. As far as kids, my point is that that is supposed to be a womans strength. Who do kids cry for when they're hurt or scared? Mommy. I suppose by your answer, you don't value this quality, as you call it mindnumbingly dull. Does this mean you think kids are dull?

Raising a family is a team process, where both partners should have equal (equitable) roles. Fathers that rely on women to raise the children usually don't have very good relationships with them down the road, and the kids pay the price.

Wrong. Marriages with defined gender roles are many magnitudes more successful.
 tbuddha
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2009 9:45:07 PM
That is most judgmental of you.

How was what judgmental? I'm just asking questions.

Do you put into your profile that you will protect the woman, that you will bring home the bacon, that you will look after the outdoor aspect of the house including pay bills ???

Maybe I should. I've just always assumed people would respect my abilities naturally. I DO put in my profile that I can fix cars and have rebuilt houses. Isn't that kinda like saying, "I have abilities. I'm a provider"?

Most men wouldn't do that stuff, so why does anyone want a traditional woman if they aren't going to be a traditional man and look after their family, or the one they acquire.

I guess most men don't anymore. Thankfully, I'm not "most men". If I was a woman, I'd demand a man that could be a provider for a family. Which brings me back to the original question of do women even care about family anymore?

Then, hypocritically, you state that she can't be a cigarette smoker, that she must quit.

That isn't hypocritical at all. One is a plant that grows naturally and has been proven to be GOOD for you. Cigarettes are filled with chemicals that kill thousands every year. Sheesh...
 tbuddha
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 10/19/2009 9:31:00 PM
It seems to me that being a wife or mother is of no interest to women anymore. I look through profiles of women and see interests like "travel", "dancing", "sex", "partying", "wine", etc...but never anything resembling family values. Do women want to cook for their men anymore? Take care of children while their man works? Take care of a home?

Do women value these feminine qualities? Or do you only want to compete with men and demean what we bring to the equation?
 tbuddha
Msg: 27 (view)

leaving someone that has a kid thats not yours??
Posted: 10/19/2009 9:24:16 PM
Arabian-

Alimony isn't as common these days, but it was originally justified by the premise that a woman was being provided for by her man and didn't have the skills to provide for herself. So if the man left the relationship, he had the continued responsibility to care for her so she didn't end up on the streets.

Like every other government intervention into private lives, it was soon abused. Next thing you know women are ending their marriages on purpose cause they know they have money coming. Then women are getting married to rich guys just to steal their money later, and on and on...
 tbuddha
Msg: 5 (view)

And what was your part in it?
Posted: 10/19/2009 9:17:14 PM
My problem was the same as most men in their 20s: Chasing and getting **** I shouldn't have been chasing at all.
 tbuddha
Msg: 6 (view)

Girlfriend's Ex Won't Leave Her Alone - Need Advice!
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:54:20 PM
ABORT!!! Get out of there and lose her number. He's still hanging around because she's letting him. Get over your "protect the fair maiden" BS and remove yourself from a bad situation before you get burnt.
 tbuddha
Msg: 313 (view)

Decent guys: are they all either taken or gay?
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:32:51 PM
Women need to take a good look at themselves and ask what they have to offer. Most women think the good men are taken because they have unrealistic expectations of what kind of man they deserve.
 tbuddha
Msg: 64 (view)

when are standards too high?
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:29:56 PM
The problem for women is that they all set their standards way higher for their mate than they do for themselves. They end up with guys willing to stick them a few times but not stay with them because they are out of their league.
 tbuddha
Msg: 18 (view)

Relationship with a metrosexual!
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:26:52 PM
If women want a metrosexual man, then they should also want to pay for his lifestyle. You know, pay for him to live in your place while he does the dishes and laundry. The woman could pay his bills and to get his hair cut and give him spending money to hang out with his metro buddies.

hmmmm...don't think most women would respect that guy.....
 tbuddha
Msg: 35 (view)

My ex-husband cheated = The sex was bad
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:22:54 PM
It means they decided to have kids with a man out of their league who never took marriage seriously. Read "Sexual Utopia in Power" by Roger Devlin. Woman are hypergamous and tend to want to mate with the top 5% of men. Those 5% of men, being alpha, have 90% of the women chasing them. They can't be faithful to all of them.
 tbuddha
Msg: 15 (view)

Can someone tell me, explain it to me?
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:18:12 PM
It means she's a giant loser who thinks with her vagina. Move on...!
 tbuddha
Msg: 106 (view)

A real woman
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:05:42 PM
How about: "A real woman is"...

A woman who values her feminine gift of giving new life over trying to have a career in a man's world. A woman who takes her job of taking care of a family seriously, and doesn't frown upon women who prefer to stay home and be mothers and wives.
 tbuddha
Msg: 43 (view)

Curious... what is sexy??
Posted: 10/19/2009 9:01:22 AM
A cute girl bullhorning people in public about the New World Order is about the hottest thing ever.
 tbuddha
Msg: 79 (view)

A real woman
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:58:55 AM

^^^Now wait a minute...are you referring to the vast majority of them , or just the single moms only?

LOL...the vast majority of them ARE single moms - so both!
 tbuddha
Msg: 14 (view)

She brought a friend to our date..
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:14:08 AM
Damn, that is one pathetic story. Sounds like you were gelded from the beginning. Why else would you let her bring her friend with her on a date? The fact you "like this one a lot" is really sad. Don't be a pu$$ee-beggar. More on that here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWN2gwmr1ok

Learn this $hyt and man up! Stop being a doormat.
 tbuddha
Msg: 5 (view)

just need a lil advice...
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:09:09 AM
Maybe to him their wasn't any chemistry.
 tbuddha

Women on Submarines
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:05:47 AM
Since I don't accept a Federal Government or their enforcers, they can fill the submarines with chimps wearing dresses for all I care.
 tbuddha
Msg: 61 (view)

I can't understand this woman and her actions HELP!!
Posted: 10/18/2009 12:59:22 AM
OP: Read everything by Roger Devlin. An essay called "Sexual Utopia in Power" is a good start.

barbarossaaaa on YouTube also has some great, enlightening videos that will help you understand what you are going though.
 tbuddha
Msg: 66 (view)

Why do women try to make men feel quilty?
Posted: 10/17/2009 8:39:12 PM

If a person refuses to accept responsibility for their feelings, and learn how to control what they feel, they're nothing more than a leaf in the wind, at the whim of circumstances - like a puppet on a string.

But isn't that just how women are?
 tbuddha
Msg: 75 (view)

A real woman
Posted: 10/16/2009 6:56:05 PM

By nature women are selfish, manipulative, and corrupt in their hearts.

I'm not so sure about that, but it'd be hard to argue with you using the women on pof as examples!
 tbuddha
Msg: 45 (view)

Do you believe that our world here in North America is too free?
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:24:29 PM
Regarding the OP, there is a saying that goes: "No one is more enslaved than those who do not realize they are enslaved."
 tbuddha
Msg: 14 (view)

Bat shit crazy?
Posted: 10/14/2009 12:31:11 AM
Your ex sounds like a lot of the women in this forum. I feel for you, that sounds horrible. Stories like this keep me from being married.
 tbuddha

Men's thinking about sex, money and relationships???
Posted: 10/14/2009 12:17:06 AM
These feminist rants are becoming so enlightening, as is the discovery of this plague of single moms.

If you guys aren't reading Roger Devlin, you should be. He has essays that describe the OP perfectly.
 tbuddha
Msg: 49 (view)

A real woman
Posted: 10/12/2009 9:00:17 PM
A woman with reasoning skills and a sense of accountability and responsibility would be nice, instead of the giant sense of entitlement. Let's just start with that. I think you have to go to South America to find a woman like that these days, somewhere where they don't have TV.
 tbuddha
Msg: 47 (view)

What kind of guy do you want to marry?
Posted: 10/12/2009 8:56:37 PM
Motherbrother-

You're wasting your time going back and forth with her, unless you like to get into pissing matches.
 tbuddha
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 10/12/2009 8:39:54 PM

Marriage is universal. Research backs that up. Strong communities start with MARRIAGE. LOOK at the orthodox jews, Asian communities etc. Strong marriages create strong families, strong children, stronger communities, and the masses. Just simple minded american individualistic attitude of noncompromise that wants to eradicate marriage.

whoa! You sound like you have traditional values. That's a big no, no in this forum.
 tbuddha
Msg: 1570 (view)

can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:07:26 PM
^^^^awesome rant!! High five!!
 tbuddha
Msg: 13 (view)

I am not sexually attracted to my own ethnicity
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:58:47 PM
So you're saying that every other asian girl reminds you of your mom or sister? Weird...
 tbuddha
Msg: 53 (view)

Why do women keep insisting that it's harder for them to get a date?
Posted: 10/7/2009 8:54:29 PM
Because guys like me have written the vast majority of them off. Leaving them to pick through losers and self absorbed a holes.
 tbuddha
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2009 8:49:12 PM
It might be redundant, but women really still don't know what they want. It used to be they looked primarily for a provider that was willing to take care of them for the rest of his life - but that was before "Sex and the City" corrupted them.
 tbuddha
Msg: 290 (view)

What do you think of a peron committing suicide over a broken heart??
Posted: 10/2/2009 11:57:40 PM

I think it's tragic, for everyone involved, that the person who committed suicide doesn't realise how many other people love him/her. Parents, friends, etc. who are going to be devastated by the loss of this person.

Common misconception. I think that people off themselves because they DON'T have anyone that loves them, and that's why they're hurting. When I wanted to kill myself, one of the things that appealed to me was all the money it was going to cost my family to deal with me, and how difficult it would be for those **stards.
 tbuddha
Msg: 47 (view)

She threw my car into park...
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:04:44 PM
My sister's car got screwed up when I was a kid from some drunk friend of hers accidentally putting the car in park while driving. I'm not sure if you can on newer cars, but you could in a 80s cavalier.
 tbuddha

Why would a lady post a prego pic on a dating site?
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:58:40 PM
When I see a pregnant chick on a dating site I think its pathetic as hell that she either

A. Hooked up with a total loser that left her after getting her pregnant, or, the more probable:

B. Decided that she didn't want to stay with the father of her child -really pathetic.

I have no interest in either scenario. Either way, they took sex and family way too lightly to be reproducing and bringing another dysfunctional kid into the world.
 tbuddha
Msg: 66 (view)

BBW...Why is it so hard to be full figured??
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:43:04 PM
Some people are too smart to waste time at a University. I went to school for Finance and realized it was a bunch of propaganda indoctrination when they started teaching that "service economy" crap. I walked out after paying for the classes and never looked back.

The study about fat people losing brain tissue is interesting. There has to be something wrong when you can't see your toes and you keep eating junk food.
 tbuddha
Msg: 55 (view)

Why aren't there more women involved in math and science?
Posted: 8/30/2009 10:05:06 PM
Good Lord! How many of you are gonna drag out one or two examples of women in math and science and say that that means that women are as proficient at them as men are. THAT shows a lack of logic.

Overall numbers prove otherwise. The burden of proof is on you. I noticed someone posted my point about the forum imbalance in the science/math section but couldn't explain the imbalance. Or the overall imbalance in how many of each gender working in the hard sciences.

I say blah blah blah not to make my own argument, but to show how you sound with your non-arguments that are actually just opinions. The fact you couldn't understand that only proves my point.
 tbuddha
Msg: 21 (view)

Do lifetime relationships work anymore?
Posted: 8/30/2009 9:42:40 PM

They beat the crap out of each other but couldn't get divorced. They had affairs all over the place. They didn't let their children find out.

Speaking from your childhood experience? Maybe your parents weren't always happy, but they respected their vows of "for better for worse" which is a lot more than we can say about people today.
 tbuddha
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2009 9:23:18 PM
I say "blah blah blah" because you state opinions as fact, while ignoring the obvious. You have bought into feminism and it shows!

You still avoided the fact that this forum is 90% men and that men dominate the hard sciences. Apparently, wherever you live a lot of men are gelded.
 tbuddha
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2009 8:59:29 PM
Sure, sure...and you couldn't debate even one issue that I brought up. You gave a couple exceptions you looked up on wikipedia or probably googled "women science". LOL

Again, do your own study. Look at how many women post in the science/philosophy forum as compared to men.
 tbuddha
Msg: 58 (view)

what is with camera phone pics of dcks / come on
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:51:23 PM
I've never sent a picture of my package unless it was requested because we we're already into each other on other levels, and I can count on one hand how many times that has happened.

As far as guys just sending them unrequested to strangers? I have no idea but it sounds extremely low class and I would definitely steer away from any guy who does.

I wonder if they would get a better response if it was wrapped in a $ 100.00 bill heheh

LMAO...tape a gold American Express card to it!
 tbuddha
Msg: 212 (view)

Is it prostitution when...
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:47:24 PM
Yeah, but women taking money for sex is pretty much the norm.
 tbuddha
Msg: 31 (view)

When does the pain end?
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:42:50 PM
Raybear-

It sounds like your ex never took her VOWS seriously, though at least you can be thankful that she waited til your kids were grown to behave so childishly. All I can tell you is to study the negative effects of feminism and the female hypergamous instinct.
 tbuddha
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2009 8:25:54 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....

It blows my mind how propagandized people are today. Women just plain aren't wired the same way men are. It's as if people think our only differences are our genitalia. I can prove you all wrong right now - check out the other posts in this science and philosophy forum and count how many men post here on various topics as opposed to women.

In general, women aren't as good at making logical decisions. I can pull out some rare exceptions to any rule. I mean how many times are people gonna use Marie Curie? The lady who understood radiation so much she died from it? Let's put that against the millions of male inventors/scientists that didn't let their work kill them. The fact that women are even trying to make the argument proves the lack of logic. It doesn't take a study. Just go to any workplace where they are using hard science and count people of each gender. Shop for any kind of engineer and you are sure to talking to a bunch of men. Sure, you can find women in these fields, but many are there to fulfill quotas and like I said there are always exceptions.

It's like asking why there aren't more men into shopping for sexy underwear. Sure, because of feminism there are a lot more sissified men who do just that, but that isn't the norm.
 tbuddha
Msg: 19 (view)

Do lifetime relationships work anymore?
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:04:51 PM

Well, my parents have been married over 40 years. My grandparents, both sets, lasted over 60. So yeah, I guess they are still possible. But you have to work at it. All three of those relationships had their ups and downs, but they stayed together and worked through it. You don't cut and run when things get tough.

LOL, but then again, I've been divorced twice, so what the hell do I know?

Indeed. The difference between the two generations is feminism - by taking women out of their natural role we have created an imbalance. I've posted on this issue several times. Also, people used to have a sense of responsibility. The two are actually linked by socialism and the fact that destroying the family unit and replacing it with the state was actually a stated goal of the Rockfellers and other socialist elitists. Don't believe me? Nicolas Rockefeller actually told this guy about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRjF_ZZI7XY

Is there a way to get us out of this mess? Not really, with the average American being about as smart as a chimp. But maybe if more men started to realize that woman's minds are not the same as men's, that could at least be a start. I urge every guy on this site to study the very insightful works of Roger Devlin and Henry Makow.
 tbuddha
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 8/27/2009 8:08:00 PM
I'm not joking. I referenced a girl I know that is now an engineer at Northrup Grumman. She was in my Calc 2 class. She was the brightest female math student I've ever known, and I had to tutor her so she could pass.

I've never met a woman with the math/logic/problem solving skills of me or my colleagues. I'm sure there are plenty of women better than a lot of men at math, but the brightest female is still not going to be as proficient as the brightest man, nor is the average female as good at math as the average man.

Don't take it so personal. It's not like guys are out there saying, "She's really hot, but, I just can't date a chick that can't even handle derivatives." We couldn't care less how good at math you are, and that's probably part of the reason women aren't good at it.
 tbuddha
Msg: 74 (view)

The dreaded c0ckblock friend
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:56:00 PM
OP: Dude, sounds like you are suffering from the lack of a decent wing man.
 tbuddha
Msg: 22 (view)

How to tell someone you have dated twice you are no longer interested
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:54:03 PM

A phone call is the high road. An email the middle road. Ignoring the low road.

Agreed
 tbuddha
Msg: 2 (view)

If you kiss someone that smokes a lot
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:52:31 PM
When a girl with smoker breath kisses me, it's an automatic turn off. Disgusting...
 tbuddha

Posted: 8/27/2009 10:34:27 AM
^^^blah, blah, blah....

Look, the only reason there are that many female math teachers are because women tend to be teachers more. Let's not get into socialist Britain where that number has been beefed up with satisfying quotas. I'm sure the level of math proficiency in that dismal country is dropping as a result.

I'm not a troll, just completely over with the feminism. When I meet a woman that can solve the equations I was at 17, I'll be impressed. So far, I've only met men that were as smart as me in math and for some reason a lot of the most brilliant math minds I have met have been Indian men. Maybe because they still embrace traditional gender roles and aren't trying to fool themselves about women's math abilities.

The only "men" that think women have logical abilities equal to men are the ones that haven't excelled much and are a sad result of feminism.
 tbuddha
Msg: 161 (view)

Leagues do not exist
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:00:12 AM
^^^To me, if you're a regular Wal-Mart shopper, it means you are unaware or apathetic about societal issues, and you prefer to eat garbage processed food.

Show ALL Forums